K-Drama kisses

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

K-Drama kisses

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 20th, '10, 16:09

OK, Japanese drama section has it, why not Korean?
Which drama has most passionate kiss scenes, which hasn't?
Who is the best kisser?

me first:

Coffee Prince
:wub: Gong Yoo of course^^ :wub:
Attachments
Coffee Prince.png
Coffee Prince.png (19.14 KiB) Viewed 5493 times

Dalheah

Post by Dalheah » Feb 20th, '10, 16:37

The City Hall
My Lovely Kim Sam Soon
Coffee Prince
Goong

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Feb 21st, '10, 05:57

For me, it's Dennis O'Neil. In Sweet Spy he kissed Nam Sang Mi in... ep12? or was that ep16?.. anyway that was intense. No matter who he's kissing, I think it looks good on-screen, so he's definitely my best kisser.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ethlenn!!! OMG! Yes! Yes! and Yes! I totally agree! Coffee Prince in the end when all the misunderstandings were cleared, was a great kiss :lol

Is Goong the same as Princess Hours? If so, I think I caught it that scene on TV. It reminded me of kiss in the j-drama Forbidden Love.

I'm currently watching IRIS and I think in ep.2 or ep.3 between the.. what's his name, bad guy in GI Joe and bad girl from Stairway to Heaven - that kiss was pretty good. I'm only in ep. 4 though so I don't know if there's more haha.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 21st, '10, 10:32

yeah, I forgot about Goong (Princess Hour). The kiss in Ep 23 was niice^^

kang-on-yu

Post by kang-on-yu » Mar 10th, '10, 01:37

There's a good kiss in 18 Vs 29 and in Boys Over Flowers ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 15th, '10, 22:56

In BOF??? Where? Did I miss something?

france

Post by france » Mar 15th, '10, 23:22

for me it's Goong...

Sny

Post by Sny » Mar 16th, '10, 00:37

Definitely the City Hall! very passionate..

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 16th, '10, 14:06

mmm........kimchi kisses....

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Apr 18th, '10, 18:10

Definitely City Hall, that was passion and on screen chemistry!!

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Apr 18th, '10, 18:21

my top 6 is
1. coffee prince
2.goong
3.take care of young lady
4. boys over flowers
5. shining inheritance (the best )
6. snow white ( if u dont know this drama u must watch it)

i prepher korean drama are just little bit better than jap (no iffence to other fan jap dorama )
but there also some jap dorama like the one i luv the most is hana yori dango , ohitorisama, shokojo siera and others

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Apr 18th, '10, 18:25

@Ethlenn the picture that on your signeture is a jap drama can i know what it name cuz it seems familiar :P (sorry if i change the subject but i really have to know)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 18th, '10, 18:42

Hi, the pair on the left is from Kimi wa petto, on the right is from Gokusen 1.
Hehe.

Well, I haven't seen good kisses lately. Just Coffee Prince was so realistic because of that. It had such passionate kisses^^

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Apr 18th, '10, 19:04

Kimi wa petto seems a very nice dorama >> goin to add it in my Goin-to-watch list hehe :P

jaracara

Post by jaracara » Jul 3rd, '10, 00:14

Kingdom of the winds

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 3rd, '10, 09:52

Lets add Personal Taste to the list...

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Jul 3rd, '10, 15:59

ok...now what about worst kisses?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 3rd, '10, 16:12

A whole bunch of dramas.

As for good kisses: elevator scene in Bad Guy^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 3rd, '10, 18:03

If there's anything you get in kdramas is bad kisses. YAB had horrible ones. The only good one was the accidental one Keun Suk planted on Shin Hye when Tae Kyung first grabbed and kissed Mi Nam. Heck, twas the best part and it was by accident. :rofl:
Coffee Prince was hot and Personal Taste as well. Take Care of the Young Lady was good and I'm only just watching Goong right now. I guess it must be amazing since so many people seem to love it.
Please, korean tv, give us more realistic kissing!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 3rd, '10, 18:20

Wait till Ep 23. Now THAT was a kiss... oh man...
Oh man... JJH...

I read an interview with the director of Bad Guy where he said it is impossible now to give a full love scene or even a deeper... uhmmm... kiss. It's not about the actors, but:
1. policy of TV station
2. law.

Rain was fined for running on the street in his MV, remember...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 3rd, '10, 19:03

I know it's not a fault of the actors'. Which is what makes it annoying. Let the people act! Funny how makers are so demanding about looks and weight loss etc and always wanting a perfect performance, but don't allow them to make the kisses convincing...

Hypocrites... :glare:

But you know what? If series don't keep pushing, stations and the law won't give way. I mean, Coffee Prince did it, Personal Taste did it, Goong did it, so it IS possible, even though it might raise some Hell.
But Hellraising they must do if it's ever gonna change. They have very good actors and good quality cinema and TV in Korea so for something like this to ruin the realism and flow of a series is plain stupid.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 3rd, '10, 19:25

Bad Guy raised a hell of complains about some scenes, but director said, well, what he said can be shortened into: "screw you guys!, I'm doing it on my own!"

Maybe also Asian viewers are not ready for some scenes? I mean, young people of course, cause they're horny, but...

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Jul 3rd, '10, 19:59

there is worse kisses but i never seen them in k-drama mostly in Taiwanese like >> hana kimi but taw version in there first kiss whebn the guy was drunk!! it was awful he wasn't good kisser!!

BrownBoy

Post by BrownBoy » Jul 3rd, '10, 20:03

Generally most k-drama's have horrible kisses. I'd say the best kiss in a k-drama that I've seen is in Smile, You ep 24. But these two also had amazing chemistry together in this drama.

City Hall also had a pretty good kiss scene in it also.

Overall most of the kiss scenes are never convincing

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 3rd, '10, 20:07

Hey, we're not talking screwing their eyes out on a TV series or anything. We're talking kissing. I mean, adults kiss and have sex. The only reason why they wouldn't want to show it on TV are that children might tune in.
BUT, it's just normal kissing. They have kissing anyway, in all romantic series, so what the heck kind of a difference does it make if it's a peck or a proper kiss? Will the kid see the tongue and suddenly become damaged and perverted?

Come on, kids aren't so innocent nowadays. Not even in Asia. My proof? Look at all the fangirls and young males as well. Do they seem like innocent kids to you? They turned out just as horny and as into sex as any kid does when they hit puberty.
Whether they did or did not watch hot kisses as kids. You can't fight nature by keeping it on the hush hush and kids can find sexual stuff just fine, even if you're not showing them on TV. You know, hot sexual stuff like a normal romantic kiss. Sheesh.

Plus, I don't believe in concealing sexuality from kids for as long as possible. The sooner they realise it's there, the more time and control you have to explain things to them the right way instead of having them "learn" it all by themselves.
You can't protect your kids by trying to stall their growth and life. They'll get to it anyway and the more you try and contain them, the more they'll see it as cool and taboo and "I have to do this cause it's like SO what parents don't like".
Kids grow up and they learn about sex as they should. Instead of even trying to "protect" them from simple kissing, why not educate them as much as possible on both the good and bad and dangers of sexuality?

And all these things aside, it's kissing! Just kissing! I mean, these series have murders and half-naked people, deaths and tense family and/or violent situations and generally many themes that kids "shouldn't" see. Will the kissing really be worse than all that?
I know it's a cultural thing and all and I'm not saying I don't get what they're trying to do, but there are so many other things in series that aren't good for kids so to only control this one seems like a waste of effort and it's also annoying for adults that watch the show.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jul 4th, '10, 01:27

City Hall has the best kiss :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 4th, '10, 07:39

And on top of that, kids have internet. It's so easy to have the access to a different types of XXX information. But TV has a code, I'm not kidding. TV stations in Korea have something like a code they have to abide. It states that they have to protect the morality, or something. Blabering of some old farts as for me...

But you're right, Orion, they show a guy murdering another guy (Chuno - highest ratings this year, and they had more "stiffs" than Rambo, QSD last year - murders, treason, poison, some psycho, and countless stiffs again), plotting the revenge, etc. without any restrictions, but have something agains kisses.
It's not like the actors can't kiss, dammit! They can just fine!

I really do hope TV will chacge. But since most hot dramas is being shown in the 21:55 timeslot, it won't be easy.

BTW. My Lovely Kim Sam Soon: great series, plus bed scene, plus buying a condom in the store. Priceless.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 4th, '10, 08:04

Ethlenn,

I have not watched any of Bad Guy yet but your mention of a good kissing scene in an elevator jogged my memory. There was a drama some years back called 'BAD BOYS' It had Ahn Jae Wook and Song Yun Ah. There were the leads who had to 'meet cute' and it was in an elevator. What a kissing scene that was. Not too sure the drama was good all the way through but it sure started off in fine fettle.

Peg

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 4th, '10, 08:24

Peggy, now you did it!
Now I want to see that drama...

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Jul 4th, '10, 09:52

The Chaos wrote:City Hall has the best kiss :D
city hall seems a very interesting i heard about it but i never watch it >> goin to download ep1

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jul 4th, '10, 11:12

Just.Me wrote: city hall seems a very interesting i heard about it but i never watch it >> goin to download ep1
it really great drama with a lot of fun moment as well :thumleft:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 6th, '10, 12:14

City Hall is really good. Really good...

midsummer20

Post by midsummer20 » Jul 6th, '10, 14:20

The best kisses from k-dramas (the ones that I saw) are in Coffee Prince, IRIS, My name is Kim Sam Soon, Personal Taste, Goong and, on the top of the list is Que Sera, Sera (if you didn't see it, I recommend it - Eric Moon has there a few hot kissing scenes).

mallorn

Post by mallorn » Jul 6th, '10, 14:31

Prosecutor Princess is it, people. I haven't finished the whole drama yet but I just finished episode 7 and the kiss scene there had my jaw dropping to the floor. No K-drama kiss has affected me as much as that did. Part of what gets you are the implications and all the things in the background going on....

For those who want to start PP, do! Have patience with the first few episodes, it may seem unbearably silly, but it DOES get better. It will get better in episode 5 or so. And besides, this is one K-drama that should not be considered as a mirror to reality. Literally, of course. Watch it!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 6th, '10, 15:07

mallorn, i agree with you. PP was a pleasant surprise. i loved their chemistry!!

e u p h o r i s t i c

Post by e u p h o r i s t i c » Jul 12th, '10, 17:41

Personal Taste hands down.
Episode 10 <3

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Jul 12th, '10, 17:58

Cinderella's Sister. You have NO IDEA how long we had to wait for it to happen. Seriously if I were in a room watching it with a small audience we would all sigh in relief and encore.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 13th, '10, 20:04

Ethlenn,

I think 'BAD BOYS'..the one with Ahn Jae Wook is still floating around somewhere. Maybe dramacrazy or one of those places.

Ahn Jae and Yu Na were a hot couple during and after that drama. They were engaged I think and he was truly in love with her. don't know what happened, but she broke it off. Strange words from her father that he disapproved of AJ being in 'show business' Seems hypocritical when his daughter was an actress. Last year she married someone in 'show business' who is many years older than she. Big wedding very private and no photos or papparazzi around.
No statement from AJ ever about it, but a few years later he was lecturing at his alma mater, and it came up, and he said that he only ever loved one woman and always would and it was Miss Yu Na. It was a surprise and very emotional. Never mentioned again.
He has said when asked about marriage that his friends are always trying to find someone for him but it never happens. He is really quite a man about town and always has been one to love the ladies. He likes to party and has staunch male friends who are on his baseball team. they go all over playing in Korea and China for charities.
Ahn Jae has been doing concerts in China for many years and opened up in business there a long time before any Korean 'wave' started in other countries.

Well that is more than you want to know about AJ I am sure. He was my very first Korean Hearthrob so I followed his career closely at one time. Have many DVDs. He was a good singer and great dancer. He is charming still. A little wicked. :roll

Peg

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '10, 20:16

I still have few of his songs on my HD^^

I haven't seen the drama, suddenly it disappeared, and sadly dramacrazy and dramafever service is not available elsewhere apart from US or Canada. But I will get my hands on it somehow, I have Clubbox, so maybe... but the problem is... if the file is old, there is no way in hell I can have it. Aishh...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 13th, '10, 21:51

It's a long time since I saw this drama but I know the first episode is the best. the rest is all family problems and business shenangins between his and hers type stuff. But I think it was not bad really and of course I like AJ. I will keep a look out to see if I find it anywhere or even the first few scenes.

Peg

PMGX

Post by PMGX » Jul 27th, '10, 10:32

The last kiss in Pasta was great.

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Oct 20th, '10, 08:12

I just finished watching Hong Gil Dong; it's another with the lip-smooshing instead of real kisses. (~_~) However, in the "special" that aired after the series ended, the kissing scenes came up for discussion and several actors agreed that it was silly to not be able to do real kisses in dramas, that it wasn't realistic but they had to follow the rules.

I agree that it's ridiculous to restrict kisses to that emotionless lip-smoosh when there's so much other, more objectionable (for young kids) stuff in these shows. I wish more directors (or whoever gets to decide) would go ahead & let the actors put a little realism into the kisses.

Don't have any new ones to add to the list, but I agree with Goong, Coffee Prince, & Personal Taste. (Most of the others mentioned, I haven't seen.)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 20th, '10, 09:11

Watch Coffee House. Those people who did Hong Gil Dong didn't know who they had in their grasp. Kang Ji Hwan does some pretty hot kissing in this.

Also, although mouths still stay closed, Lee Seung Ki is making a good effort with the pecks. At least he properly attaches his lips to the woman.
Then again, those are damn huge. I call his kissing method, "Plunger Kissing". Dives in and sticks to the woman like an octopus on rock. Well, better than pecks.

Now, Take Care of the Young Lady does have a couple of ok ones, but still, a bit too "peck-style" for my taste. Especially considering the age and caliber of the actors.
And Peggy, Pasta sucked. A kiss from a distance AND a bus gets in the way? Come on... Cop-out. Another letdown. And we had adult and serious actors too. Still, nope. Last one was a peck too.

Now, I mention the actors, not because I blame them, but because you'd think that after a certain age and prestige, it would be ok to let the people kiss like human beings.
I get not wanting to show kissing between highschool kids or so (like that will corrupt kids, but anyway), but to not let adult actors in not so teen-oriented series kiss?

Even if the target audience IS young adults or teens, do you think that just cause you don't show two 30-year-olds kissing, the kids think people in real life don't kiss?
I mean, are you stupid? Well, you are, but your kids aren't. Not in those issues at least. And they ain't waiting for no drama to let them know what they can do in the world.
Plus, people grow up and have relationships and kiss and have sex. How is it better for them to try and hide that than to educate them properly on how it works in real life?

Showing two adults kissing will corrupt the "innocent" kids, but drama after drama of women going after the royal jerk and ignoring good, decent and loving men won't?
They market their stars to the point where young girls think the characters are real and get ideals that don't exist and then b*tch about wanting to protect these kids. Horseshit...

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Oct 20th, '10, 16:34

Most of the kisses in Kdramas seem like week pecks or just two people putting their lips together while the camera pans.

The one drama where it actually seemed like a real kiss was Personal Taste.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Oct 20th, '10, 16:34

and why am I chatting in this discussion in the first place?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 20th, '10, 16:40

Ahaha. Why not? Watch Coffee Prince and Coffee House (they sure love coffee, don't they?). Proper kissing in those two. And the camera stays where it should.
Although the girl in Coffee House doesn't try too hard. I mean, some guys give it a shot, but if the girl won't open her damn mouth, it doesn't work that well. A shame.

I know they have this whole "ladies must be kawaii and innocent" thing in Asia, but come on, women! You're adults! We don't see you as saints so open your damn mouths! :P
Especially when it's a guy like Ji Hwan trying to kiss you. Have you no shame, as women, to keep your mouths shut when such handsome men are gunning for your tongue? :rofl:

Ok, those comments had nothing to do with the realism of it, but still. We are talking about adult relationships. Further intimacy aside, the kisses should be normal.
Either don't show a kiss and stop the series before the relationship gets serious enough for that or then show a realistic kiss. Why annoy viewers and force actors?
Last edited by Orion1986 on Oct 20th, '10, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 20th, '10, 16:46

They are trembling in fear he may actually rip it off... :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 20th, '10, 16:48

Well... Yeah, can't argue with that. He is Ji Hwan after all.
Women can rip things off with their teeth too though, darling... :whistling:

If he plans to move on to a next phase, he should expect revenge.
And even if you don't take your revenge, it's kinda hard to... without... ok... I'll stop...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 20th, '10, 16:59

I don't think the ripping off the other things will be ever shown in K-drama... mehehe...

But yes, there is a shortage of good kisses in dramas. Movies have their own rules, but dramas, damn, such a waste.
But you know, KNG wasn't joking with his kissing...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 20th, '10, 18:32

You have to make a KNG kiss video or something. I have to see just how awesome this guy is. Ehehehe.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 20th, '10, 18:40

So it will be a bye-bye for poor little mee~~~

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Oct 21st, '10, 03:14

My favorite kdrama kisses

Coffee House
Coffee Prince
Kim Sam Soon
Que Sera Sera (even though I actually haven't seen this drama)
Goong (not seen up to one episode)
Worlds Within (same as above)

Pythia

Post by Pythia » Oct 21st, '10, 05:51

I think most of Miss Yoon Eun Hye’s drama has a realistic kiss (Goong, The Vineyard Man, Coffee Prince, Take care of the young lady). I salute her!!! :salut:

Lee Min Ho’s kiss in “Personal taste/Preference”Ep.10 is hot.:w00t:

Kim Hyun Joong’s kiss in “Playful/Mischievous Kiss” Ep. 13 is sweet. :wub:

Lee Dong Wook’s kiss in “My girl” is too short (the end kiss).

As for the rest of K-drama I’ve seen they only have the touch lips kiss. :hissy:

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Oct 21st, '10, 06:41

Orion1986 wrote:Ok, those comments had nothing to do with the realism of it, but still. We are talking about adult relationships. Further intimacy aside, the kisses should be normal.
Either don't show a kiss and stop the series before the relationship gets serious enough for that or then show a realistic kiss. Why annoy viewers and force actors?
If a guy ever kissed me like they do in most K-dramas, I'd wonder what the heck he thought he was doing. Can't imagine just sitting there with lips smooshed & otherwise doing nothing at all...too weird...

I wouldn't even mind if they'd do something like show the instant the lips touch & then fade out...at least then the viewers can *imagine* it was a normal kiss, right?? The long, sustained, unmoving, lip-smooshing just looks so awkward & fake...surely they could find a better way to show a kiss without breaking the rules!

I've thought about this waaaay too much~ :lol

aility

Post by aility » Oct 21st, '10, 07:04

One HAWT kiss I saw was in the Vineyard man (which was a totally bummer drama). I totally got blown away by his intensity, it was open mouth, and she also moved her lips!! and I wonder if I saw some tongue action too... hmm....

But I totally second that Yoon Eun Hye is one of the actress who actually participate in the kissing scenes, whereas the rest mainly just stand there doing nothing... It looks REALLY awful, and totally ruins the atmosphere. Almost like the guy is forcing himself on her :roll

Reminded me of Coffee Prince, I need to rewatch it again just for the lovely romantic scenes, heh heh heh :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 21st, '10, 13:01

One of the reasons I love Eun Hye. She cries realistically (not just a sad tear flowing, but her face becomes a mess and her eyes red) and she is 100% involved in ALL aspects. Even the kissing. LOVE her for that!

And TofuQueen, don't feel alone in your thinking. We've been thinking about this a loooooooot since we started on kdrama as well. :lol And I mean a LOT. And it's only natural. It really is very annoying.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 13:24

We've been thinking of kisses a lot. And I mean a looot. Long hours of chatting... sizzling....

I don't think Kdramas will become open the same way as western are. I'm not even sure I would want to see it. But the proper kisses, eh...

Yoon Eunhye is great in those scenes, she goes all the way to make it look real.
but then again, she had some great, hot partners for that. I think she's one lucky girl...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 21st, '10, 13:30

Look, I don't like western types either. Some of them are close to soft porn with the things they do and they do it in a very disrespectful "Oooh! Let's have sex in the scene and be modern and provocative!" way.

Realism is good, but realism doesn't mean you show EVERYTHING. You can be realistic and hold things back. But a kiss is important in any romance/relationship story. And if you are going to show it, make it real.

And since this is my 1666th post, here's a song to celebrate.

Up Jumped The Devil

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Oct 21st, '10, 17:13

Orion1986 wrote:Realism is good, but realism doesn't mean you show EVERYTHING. You can be realistic and hold things back. But a kiss is important in any romance/relationship story. And if you are going to show it, make it real.
YES - EXACTLY this!! :thumleft:

A lot of Western shows make me really uncomfortable with the amount they show - one reason I like Asian dramas better, I suppose - but the mannequin kisses in some Asian dramas are just ridiculous.

Coffee House is on my "to watch" list, btw. :-)

lotus flower76

Post by lotus flower76 » Oct 21st, '10, 17:41

Ladies, interesting topic, and I notice that even men like it :D
Let's all be thankful that sometimes in k-dramas we can see in the end a bad kiss or one with passion. I liked the kissing scenes from Que Sera Sera, Personal Taste, Coffee Prince, Road Number One and others.
Perhaps in time the tv stations will change their rules and we will see more love on screen. I prefer to watch these kind of dramas than the ones with crimes, drugs, weapons and violence.
I understood that in k-dramas the kisses scenes are not realistic because in South Korea are still conservative families who oppose this because of children-+
. But today, children are very smart and they know more things than the adults can imagine.
I hope that in the future we will see more realistic kisses because the actors don't seem to have inhibitions (saw that in movies).

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 17:48

No, actors don't, directors don't. Sometimes broadcast stations have, and most of all - allmighty Mommies' Union.

It looks like the parents are trying to protect something that doesn't exist anymore - their kids innocence. Let's face it, with internet, kids are sexually conscious a bit earlier that before. They are exposed to such topic.
I'm not a big fan of explicit scenes either, I don't mind nice love-making scene if it's a natural part of the chain of events. In western movies it became a pivotal element though around which they build the whole plot sometimes.
But! I do want to see natural kisses. We are all agreeing on that.
So let's hope mommies in Korea just can buy some grams of mind and use it not for bashing the drama and actors, but for other things.

lotus flower76

Post by lotus flower76 » Oct 21st, '10, 18:43

Ethlenn, when I was younger, in my country (on tv) was a "invasion" of dramas from Latin America which I considered good (enjoyable). Then, after some time I got bored and I started watching italian dramas.
Two years ago, I discovered korean and japanese dramas and since then I watch them almost every day. I like their stories, the actors' fashion style and makeup (excepting Jang Geun Suk), filming locations and sensible scenes like touching hands - these scenes can transmit strong emotions. And, I like their kisses, even if they are more or less intense.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 18:52

Oh, I actually love the way how they convey the emotions: with gaze, light touches, whisper and so on. I don't mind teh awkwardness of the first kisses or in period dramas.
But when drama depicts the life of people in their 30s, I hardly can believe that living in the modern society, they kiss like that. But well, as I said, I may not like it, but I can put up with it.

And dear, don't say those things about the impeccable, immaculate JKS. They will come after you, I almost hear the heavy steps and rustling sound of the knives... :evil:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 21st, '10, 19:28

Ahahaha. Yep. Don't ever say that Jang Keun Suk is not a God on Earth. They will crucify you and stone you for it. Then, they'll probably burn you alive and stomp on your ashes.

And yes, I do love the intimacy in kdramas. Not only between couples, but families as well. Like in Coffee Prince. They are all so close with family and friends. They hug, touch, fight, everything.
But when we're talking about couples, it's way too weird to do something like pecks. I'd get maybe two 17-18-year-olds who've never kissed before and are unsure, but not adults.
And nowadays, it would even be weird to show teens kissing like that. Especially late teens. It's just not natural, not normal and it ruins the illusion of the story and emotions.

I mean, look at Coffee Prince. Look at Personal Taste. Did they show anything indecent or in any way immoral? Consenting adults sharing romance and all that comes with it. Just that.
These series even had the "pre-sex scenes" and even showed some kissing foreplay. How were those in any way corrupt? Perfectly normal, according to nature, morality and love.
Ok, Coffee House had the bed scene too, but with Ji Hwan, you're not sure if he wants to...ahem her or kill her. Or both... And in which order... You crazy sexy bastard. Nappeun namja!

lotus flower76

Post by lotus flower76 » Oct 21st, '10, 20:12

Orion, I'm not scared... I don't like JKS's style, he is too eccentric for my taste. But this is a free world, so he can do what he wants. He is young and I think that in time he will change his style.
I agree with you - adult actors can't stick their lips and stay like that for seconds. This is not a proper kiss.
Sometimes, at the first kiss, actress are surprised and the kiss is messed up. But the second, the third... must get better and better.

aility

Post by aility » Dec 26th, '10, 11:29

Hands down, the hottest kiss I have seen is in Prosecutor princess! :notworthy: :notworthy:

It might look a bit too much as they were sucking each other's faces, but at least! There were some sucking involved!!!!!!!! Unlike those usual lip lip action, where both are just standing there like statues while the camera spins around them. I hate those.

REAAALLY HAWWWWT Kiss!!! made my day, hahahahaha

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '11, 12:03

Which episode, if you don't mind? :mrgreen:

aility

Post by aility » Jan 4th, '11, 13:16

End of Episode 13!!! Mind-blowing kiss!

you havent seen Prosecutor Princess?!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '11, 13:21

I dropped around 3rd... :flamed:
Now I will watch it, hehehe...

aility

Post by aility » Jan 4th, '11, 13:37

Ah... The drama picks up. you just need to get past the first 3-4 episodes or something. It gets addicting. I think it is one of those underrated dramas of 2010.

and Park Shi Hoo whom I found really creepy in the beginning, when he smiles, my heart almost melts ^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 4th, '11, 13:52

I gave up after 2, I think. I just didn't feel it. I hate the main character, the guy's are all uninteresting. I might pick it up again eventually. Might. Probably not. I'll be sure to see that kiss though.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 4th, '11, 14:08

I watched one ep and it did not encourage me to continue. the problem is, I don't have any favourite guy in there to keep me interested. the only place where PSH caught my eyes was in Iljimae. some how his modern day look is not that appealing to me. I know my friend will kill me for saying this but she is unlikely to read this thread so i am safe. :mrgreen:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 4th, '11, 17:56

The drama was my guilty pleassure of the past year...and I did rant about it...but neither of you was interested :( :P I loved PSH and aily is sooooo right about the kiss ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '11, 18:56

Download, download *cussing at her program for a slow download* :cussing:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 4th, '11, 19:09

Well.....Prosecutor Princess is going to go on my "to watch" list :w00t: ! I was just thinking about this yesterday. For once, I want to see a drama where there is some lip action and not from talking! I finished the current drama I was watching so I guess i will be watching it pretty soon or make it a "movie/drama night" for the weekend. Some snacks, my bed, asian men...yeah I can see this happening. :mrgreen: