Sungkyunkwan Scandal (KBS2 , 2010)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
aility

Post by aility » Oct 19th, '10, 11:30

AWwwwwwwww, those pictures Ethlenn! THOSE PICTURES!!! and especially Yongha, you gotta love him. he can solve any problems! I CANNOT WAIT FOR ep.16!! :D:D

I hope the ending wont be rushed though, as there are still so many loose threads that needs to be picked up... hate rushed endings.

Which thread where?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 19th, '10, 11:37

I do love Yongha, he's my second in command here, uehehehe... :heart:

SKKS thread on DC. They post stupid and sweet shoujo images and messages like: Can't wait. Aisshh.... I can wait, really.

Hmm, they have 4 more episodes to go (I don't count today's), so I hope everything will be explained. I mean, I'm not an enemy of the open endings though if it is done well and not because of the lack of a better ending. :wub:

:offtopic:
And I'm so bored, I have to do the presentation for tomorrow, Asuka, Nara, you know, the Daijoukan, shikiden, daijin stuff... And I'm trying my best not to sound like a nationalist which I became by saying: well, basically Japan took everything from the continent and half of it screwed it up. Boring stuff. Economy... And one more lecture today, exactly when drama airs, damn, I'm unlucky...

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 19th, '10, 12:23

Oh my god guys, school mates or childhood friends, It does not matter which one as long they have been friends for such long time so their friendship won't be like just normal ordinary ones. They do have strong bonds between them. And I have to agree with aili here even if they were supposedly were only school mates, the ten years of it made their relationship much closer.
But I don't know why even we questioning JS and YongHa friendship a d their closeness. It's so obvious is there. Let be school mate or childhood friendship :whistling:
Please don't take away his friendship too e-chan. He is already heart broken. So let him be happy even if it has to be with your second guy :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 19th, '10, 12:33

No, it wasn't my intention. I'm not that stupid/blind to not to see their close relationship. They're friends, I know. :wub:
But we were conducting here something what was known in the yore as Problem of universals. We were just trying to define the name of their relationship, not the idea of the relationship itself.

Ah, I really want to see Yongha's background, and more of JS and his father. Yes I wrote that. Cause I want to see that, we can abandon lovebirds for a short time :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 19th, '10, 13:18

:lol I was teasing you wuuuv
I want to see more of JS and of course more of YongHa background too. For me personally the love birds story has already ended with yesterday's ep. It was a matter of when and how SJ founds out. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 19th, '10, 13:26

I know, wuv, I know :P

Weeell, I wouldn't mind seeing the lovebirds for the whole hour (hehe, the foot!), but my more reasonable side of me wants to see other things resolved.
Although I have no idea how they deal with Yoonhee being a girl in SKK, heh.
:wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 19th, '10, 14:00

Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu*k!!
Blinky found out who HBS is!!! Damn, damn!!!
Plus
when SJ talks too much, it's better to shut him up wth a kiss. Sweet^^
And I found at last the link where you can watch KBS online:
http://able.kbs.co.kr/live/index.html
Remember, it works only on IE, SKKS is broadcasted by KBS2. If it wont work at first, second try.
http://www.worldtimezone.com/ <--- to calculate the time difference between the place where you are and Seoul.
Oh god, I'm gonna be soo damn late!!

aility

Post by aility » Oct 19th, '10, 16:42

Those shortened forms, HBS?!! WHOOOOO??????????? Whaaat???!!!

EDIT: nevermind, my little brain figured out whom HBS is.... hahaha... why you talk so difficult?! :P
I have been not finishing my presentation myself, heh, so I totally understand you Ethlenn... As said, my motivation (for work) disappeared somewhere between Sunday 2 am and Monday 6 am....
Hahahaha, I just remembered/realised NOW that Blinky is Ha Jiwon's brother. No wonder she could critisize him for his bad acting. Oh well. big sisters gotta do what they gotta do.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 19th, '10, 16:54

Hong Byeok Seo... HBS...

Blinky, I'm gonna strangle you!! In a baaaaad way!!! :twisted:

The quality of the stream is so bad that
I'm waiting for a normal download to finish to see how our lovely Jalgeum Quarted ended in that room.

I cut short fragment of Gu Yongha from the latest show, and uploaded but I'm too lazy to give the link. Go to the blog.

Edit: OK, so now I know...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 20th, '10, 04:23

You're not gonna believe this... I'm not gonna believe this...

SKKS went to the 3rd place yesterday with ratings!
Nationwide:
3. 월화드라마 (성균관스캔들) KBS2 13.7%
Seoul:
3. 월화드라마 (성균관스캔들) KBS2 13.7%

Me sooo heppey!!

But before I go for a long day, I want to ask one thing
so the King knows who HBS is too? Because when JS was taken, he was in full HBS attire. All of the rest of the Jalgeum Quartet know about it, but King? And Professor Jung? Did they find out by handwriting?

aility

Post by aility » Oct 20th, '10, 06:58

YATAA for SKKS!! they finally get the attention they deserve! :cheers:

need to WATCH this episode!!
BUT I think the King suspects that one of the Jalgeum Quartet is HBS. He has also realised that those 4 could be the future for the kingdom as they are righteous boys, and the king wants to protect then. And we all know by now that the king is not a stupid man :D

From the notes and such, it was obvious that it was a SKK student. And the professor is not a stupid man. Plus, JS did receive help from the SKK guards whenever he hid out at SKK.

I am just waiting for Blinky's father to realise that YS is a girl... he was suspicious at the beginning, but they never followed it up.

The devil however... SO EXCITING!!!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 20th, '10, 07:59

Finally was able to see the first two episodes of this drama. Must say it looks exciting and funny. Girl is so much a girl. How can they not tell right away. Not thrilled with Prime Minister's son. He is so dour looking and so proud of himself. Obstinate and wants to get his revenge on the girl. Well I suppose they will be the couple here but I would prefer the one who still dresses like a ruffian. I am hoping he will turn out to be a prince in disguise.
I enjoy seeing this on the big TV screen. there is so much to see and the costumes are always interesting of that period.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 20th, '10, 11:46

Aww, SJ gets better and better, and... oh my gods, I'm at work and what am I doing? But I don't remember him wanting any revenge.

And
Yes, I know, but it wasn't told anywhere, or maybe I just missed that. Gotta rewatch it, oh no...And I'm scared of SJ's father, the look on his face when he was talking with the King... But at least we are now in the place where we should be, the beginning of the search for the Red Book(?. Forgot the name, sowwy)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 20th, '10, 19:05

Puzzle.
Was the banned book previously arranged to go to the Minister's son? Why would he want to do that if he was so much on the straight and narrow? Also wasn't
the officer in charge of the chase after him, aware that they were hiding under that rock? Seems to me he saw them and did nothing. Afraid to upset the Minister??

Maybe revenge is too strong a word, but he was mad about the writing on his outer clothing. Made him look silly when he went up to deliver his dissertation or paperwork.

It's no doubt interesing and I will watch this drama.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 20th, '10, 19:15

I don't think he was mad, he was more puzzled by this. Until that time no one has ever reached his skills and now he met a person who not only was around his level with some areas, but also, having no knowledge who he was, was bold enough to do it. Fine, he was laughed at because of that, but SJ is calm enough not to irritate over it and seek any revenge. In fact, this he saw as some kind of help for him.

About the book: it was a funny double trap actually. SJ didn't in fact want any book, but he knew that YS delivers those kind of books so he contacted the bookstore owner (he disappeared lately, ne? I wonder what happened to him), because he wanted to actually thank YS. And the book itself became the trap set by Blinky and Yongha.

And no, I don't think officer saw them.
We, viewers see much more that it is supposed to be seen in the drama. We need to take it into the consideration. Shooting and lighting is made this way so the viewers can see anything clearly, but for the characters is not that clear.

The same was when SJ saw both Jaeshin and Yunshik in the pavillon. We saw that Jaeshin's hands were bloody, but imagine someone who comes from fairly lit surroundings to the complete darkness. One sees nothing like blood, cause blood in the shadow is black, just like the shadows.

And why, oh why, I still write SJ??
And I just want to say that Chosun is very blur character as foor now, if you get my drift. I'd like to see what binds her to Minister of The War. It can't be the fact that she was rescued (?) by him, right? There was something that Blinky said few episodes back, that she lived in their house.
I'm going nuts because of this drama!!
So, I made a cut from the "sleeping scene" from Ep 16.
If anyone wants it (yes, Jaeshin is in it):
Episode 16 cut^^

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 20th, '10, 22:33

Ethlenn.
I have to write this here because I can't comment on your blog.
I have been going through a lot of music stashed away in my head recently. Found I still had lots of love for SMAP and yesterday got positive goosebumps thinking about Freddie Mercury. His song was used in PRIDE, the rather memorable drama with Kimura. I loved it anyway and the OST was so good.
I remembered that about forty years ago I had the good fortune to be in UK and I saw and heard Freddie singing with Monsserrat Caballe. It was an operatic duet. Marvellous of course. What voices they had and what joy they had being together on stage singing live to the greatest audience. It was the European Song Contest which used to be held every year and brought all musicians into the event. I don't know if they do it now. In any event nothing could ever touch that year's thrilling performances.
Freddie had an amazing vocal range and even now I can hear that event in my mind.
I don't know why I am still here. ..what have I ever done in the world..Nothing that I can think of. And Freddie was taken away at 45 and his life had been full and rewarding and gave so much to anyone with ears to listen. He should have stayed longer but what he gave during his short life was a treasure always.

I apologise for putting all this here but Freddie was born an Asian so it is not all out of place.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 20th, '10, 22:44

Peggy, you brought to life my put into the nervous sleep, a dream of my life. This dream will never be fulfilled - to witness Queen's concert. DVD doesn't do Freddie any justice.
Do not regret anything, dear! Ever! I met you! :roll

Like I don't regret starting my love for this drama, heh. Even though I squeeze my time continuum somehow...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 20th, '10, 22:57

Music is healer.

I always repeat what my music mistress wrote in my book.....

'Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life' .

Any music that speaks to you and makes you dream again.

aility

Post by aility » Oct 21st, '10, 06:57

As for Chosun, I think there is a tragic story behind her. This is my take:
Remember the episode where we were first introduced to chosun, and she was "courting" the Minister? She was mentioning something about her family, when the minister would let them/her go? I think Chosun is one of those girls who got sold to the minister due to her family owing money, just like yoonhee was about to be as well. So, I guess that is why chosun came to the minister's residence in a young age. This must be the most likely scenario, no???!!! And you know family bonds, people do everything to protect their loved ones^^
AH, the cut from episode 16. I could watch that foreverrrrrrrrr. But I wont, since I want to keep my face as wrinkle-free as possible :whistling: :whistling:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 21st, '10, 07:33

Dear Yoo Ah-In,
I never thought you would grow up into such a wonderful guy. From that feisty young boxer of Antique Bake Shop to being Jae Shin in Sungkyunkwan Scandal. You looked too young and boyish to my liking but your smile always made my heart go doki doki even back then. Hopefully you make more manly films in the future.
Yours truly,
biniBningPunkista

credits to http://mundohallyu.wordpress.com for the second pic.
Releasing the fan-girl in me... episode 15 and 16 english subs are driving me crazy. :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 21st, '10, 08:29

Oh JaeShin, he's the one reason I am watching SKKS now. As soon as he entered the story i was attracted to his character and with each ep this attraction got stronger and stronger. Still have not seen ep16 because I just cant stand his sadness. i know, i'm silly.

I'm back to my Jdramas :whistling:

Ps: any news about subs? I might as well wait till they are out. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 09:09

As for subs
team lost one translator, so imagine the hectic days now there, please, please, be patient even though I know it's hard
Chosun
I forgot about that one episode, thanks for reminding me. So if the Minister held in some way her family, she could do those things she did, but... There would be also no problem in subjugate her sexually, and she seems to be quite adamant on this one.
And I think Jaeshin overcame his sadness period. He realized and accepted the fact that Yoonhee loves someone else. He's now pissed off that this man is not him, but... So no, no sadness. I like that they do not dwell that long over these things in the drama.

aility

Post by aility » Oct 21st, '10, 10:03

chosun
I think he indeed forces her sexually. that is basically what he was doing when yoonhee came falling into their room. Remember? ^^
I am very tempted to watch Ep.16 with chinese subs, but I need to focus on what is going on and not on the chinese characters, so, I will wait ^^
I saw a cut of the kissing scene and almost died!! despite it being a regular kdrama kiss, but somehow it fits in this drama and I dont mind it at all. I mean, they are all so innocent and cute, so a peck does the trick... if it was more passionate/realistic, I would be more eh.... weird huh?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 10:13

Yeah, 16
episode kiss fits into the general air. It was their first, and Yoonhee wanted to just prove him that she can give the answer like this. She reacted like this, he had no time. This peck was sweet^^
Chosun
but I remember her saying that she can't be forced to it. For me, what Minister was doing, was closing to a rape. It would have happened if Yoonshik didn't fell into the room. I believe she is forced to have sex with him, as Yoonhee would be, but she still refuses to have sex with Blinky.

And well, there is a lot going on, but between our lovebirds, so if you not into this, you can watch it and don't pay any attention. Though it's funny.
Bbbut, the Big Minister is freaking scary...
Last edited by Ethlenn on Oct 25th, '10, 04:26, edited 1 time in total.

aility

Post by aility » Oct 21st, '10, 10:48

chosun
Hmm... it is the definitions out to play again. Of course Chosun cant be forced, as in broken down with threats. But she can be physically forced, as in raped... that is what i mean by he forcing her ^^

I guess this might be one of the reasons Chosun despises Blinky as well. Just thinking about what his father did to her, not to mention Blinky sort of resembles his father. Although not as weak-willed and ass-kissing as his father, which is good I guess
but I want to have 100% focus on every little thing that is going on in ep16, that is why I need English subsss.... And yeah, I am scared to thinking that the devil has been plotting. I hope we get to see it, although, with 4 episodes left, I don't know how they can wrap it up. The pace has been comfortably slow so far ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 11:00

I don't think they will suddenly speed it up. The pace is nice, not too fast, not boring slow. There are cliffhangers here and there...

We know so far that those two Ministers are hiding The Book the King wants. And judging from the Minister of the War expressions, he was supposed to destroy it but he didn't. This makes them traitors in a way.
I also don't like the way they abandonned this book Yoonhee took from the storage and Seonjun handed to the King. I know they have no time for this maybe, but it was a great deal. Maybe this account book will be used in the future? Both of the Ministers know that, they know that King has the account of their bribes, so they do everything to remove it, th Red Book, HBS. I'm not that sure they wouldn't sacrifice their kids if the need be. Really. I have the vibes from both of them that they could do it. Especially The Devil who started to fear and resent his own son.

Chosun
she has her own personal tragedy, that's true. Gisaengs in Korea were of higher status than geishas in Japan. They did what they wanted, so if a gisaeng said no, it meant no. So, yes, the only way to break this "no" would be to rape her. I think it happened.
So maybe you're right on this. Blinky resembles his father in a smaller scale. But he is able to change, I guess. He just doesn't know how, and see no reason why. If he saw all this, then maybe, maybe... Still, his heart is very black.

aility

Post by aility » Oct 21st, '10, 11:13

OH!! Interview in KOREAN (buhhuuu) with Yoo In ah...

http://news.donga.com/o2_new/3/20/20101021/32028433/1

http://news.donga.com/o2_new/3/20/20101021/32028556/1

With some nice pictures too ^^

And no, it wouldnt surprise me if the devil sacrificed his son, afterall, it seems like SJ is a disappointment to him now. As for the war lords, I am more convinced that he actually might llike his kids... Hm... or not... he likes them if they gives him more power. heh...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 11:30

War Minister only sees his daughter as the furniture to sell to Great Minister house and strenghten up their ties with that. Blinky, on the other hand, is more like his father.
But thruthfully, Blinky is an enigma, you know. There is so many "ifs" concerning him.
Sure, he's evil, but on his own accord? He is unable to change? Was he like that from the beginning? If not, when he changed?

I want to see Yongha background.
But not a dead dog, please...

And my eagle eye saw Seonjun, ahahaha!!

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 21st, '10, 12:24

There are some retarded scenes in that last few episodes that is driving me up the walls.
1. YS and JS must've gotten a few days before they were told of the inquiry AND they COULDN'T think of a good excuse for being together in a little shack in the middle of night?
2. Where in the CPR handbook says that to save a drowning victim you take off their clothes?
3. Why is SJ harping YS on her secret in the library? And how can YS kiss him IN A LIBRARY? Did they have mass amnesia on YS&JS scandal? Suddenly, there are no eavesdroppers IN A LIBRARY?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 12:31

Aili, especially for you, but maybe some other wants it too:
To answer your second question: in Confucian books. Seriously.

Measuring period dramas and their customs with modern methodology is an anachronism.

aility

Post by aility » Oct 21st, '10, 14:23

@KuMaxell: it is a drama, of course there are plot holes :roll

But to answer your questions:
it wasnt a simple shack. it is the place NOBODY goes because they are afraid of ghosts. And which reasons can you think of for two boys to go there? And ESPECIALLY after SJ comes out of there VISIBLY disturbed?

2. I was also thinking why he had to undress her. but most likely, they didnt know of CPR back then, and undressing sorta gives you more access to air? heh heh heh

3. I havent seen ep.16. but most likely, because there isnt any other social place they can hang out?

and as mentioned before, it isnt a perfect drama, no dramas are perfect and without plot holes! Besides, how do you know they didnt do it intentionally, so that later on, someone tells Blinky about YH and SJ making out? and her secret.

Im just speculating :D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 21st, '10, 16:47

Ethlenn wrote: Measuring period dramas and their customs with modern methodology is an anachronism.
:lol :lol :lol

Damn, I miss hanging out with you here and I'm two eps behind on SKKS but couldn't restrain myself from clicking the spoilers...really can't wait to catch up XD

And...I'd love to see a showdown between blinky and JS :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 17:10

Oh, Ara, my love, which gutter have you been into?? My wuv came back!!Ahaha!!

And as always, to ease the pain of waiting either for subs or another episodes, picspam full of Jaeshin^^. Some of them are big. Like, really big, full zoom on Jaeshin's ...lips... :faint: ^^

[imghttp://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8726/mg6246.jpg][/img]
All love goes for Daum and Official^^
for more pics: go to the blog.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Oct 21st, '10, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 21st, '10, 17:45

Hmmmmm now you've sent me to gutter...don't think I can ever make it back to the light of reality

I commented on some of these on your blog...but those huge YH and blinky almost killed me and the third spoiler did...This drama's really making me feel like a perverted noona... :whistling:
busy with RL and then I'm still about to check out some jdrama while trying to stay sane and not stare at those pics all night long :faint: :faint: :faint:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 18:10

Aww, hope you will get some time soon, I miss you on msn^^
I added another post with pics on the blog. Uff... now I can go back to some work...

Issy!
재임(齋任) : 학생회 임원
Jaeim: tenure Students Officer

You may also want to know:
유벌(儒罰) : 성균관 학생회에서 유생에게 자체적으로 내리는 벌
Yu beol: In Seongkyunkwan the body of students who judge upon the mistakes and come up with their own punishment.

It was at the beginning of the Ep 16.
선준 : 또한.. 재임 재임에게 묻고자합니다. 남색이.... 추문입니까?
남명식 : 그야 응당.. 성리학을 숭상하는 유생에겐...
선준 : 유교에서 가장 중시여기는 덕목인 인(仁)은 벗을 사랑하는 지극한 마음을 말합니다. 제가..틀렸습니까?
남명식 : ... 그야..

Seonjun: And also, Officer... I 'd like to ask... Is homosexuality... a scandal?
Nam Myeongshik: Well, it's against the Confucian praise.
Seonjun: Confucius shows emphasis on the value of in ((仁)) which may be considered as showing off the love to another. Am I wrong?
Nam Myeongshik: Well..

Sorry if I made something wrong, still translating from ear is not my best side^^.
That's a punch in the middle of the face. In his style. Gotta love SJ^^
Last edited by Ethlenn on Oct 22nd, '10, 04:15, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 21st, '10, 19:14

Yepp, the gorgeous guy with beautiful eyes that I was talking about :whistling:
Don't you agree? I still have my eyes on JS only but this guy was too hot not to notice :wub:

aility

Post by aility » Oct 21st, '10, 20:07

Those huge pictures of Jaeshin... omo... :faint:

His lips are definitely really kissable, and I feel really like a perverted noona :whistling:

But I wouldnt mind get a taste of SJ or Yeorim's lips either..... :faint:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 21st, '10, 21:00

aility wrote:
But I wouldnt mind get a taste of SJ or Yeorim's lips either..... :faint:
See you again when I crawl back from the gutter... :faint:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 21st, '10, 23:15

Issy wrote:Yepp, the gorgeous guy with beautiful eyes that I was talking about :whistling:
Don't you agree? I still have my eyes on JS only but this guy was too hot not to notice :wub:
OMG - YES I SO DO AGREE :wub: Noticed his light coloured eyes, too. And this pic is veery shekishi. Aish, too many hawt guys to calm down and find some sleep. Does anybody know the actor?

aility

Post by aility » Oct 22nd, '10, 06:51

@ara: it is this guy no?

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Joo_Ah_Sung

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 22nd, '10, 10:33

Aili, I can't send you *something* on your msn. I used the other account.

Yes, is this guy^^

aility

Post by aility » Oct 22nd, '10, 17:44

:faint:

I couldnt resist and watched Ep.16 with chinese subs... :faint:

Ep.17 will be really exciting.... omo, cannot wait!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 22nd, '10, 19:36

Now
the search for the book started
I'm excited as well! Let's hope the promise that professor Jung get from The King will be worth something. And I hope the King can protect those kids.

aility

Post by aility » Oct 22nd, '10, 19:50

but how will he do so?
In soo already knows he is HBS...

talking about Blinky. WAs it only me, or did he do the WORST acting job ever in this episode? those eyes, is he having an allergic reaction or too little sleep? and the face?! I thought he would be improving like Micky, but nooo...

and chosun, my heart just broke for her in this episode :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 22nd, '10, 20:04

Well, I think the King has the power to at least protect 4 kids?
Professor actually tricked the King, right? About the promise, I think he was referring to Yoonhee.
Ah, Blinky... I think he was even better in the episodes with the archery contest. Now he's deteriorating

aility

Post by aility » Oct 22nd, '10, 20:10

I actually dont know how much power the king actually have. It seems like the Devil has most of the ministers in the palm of his hand, eh...
Yeah, the professor was talking about Yoonhee, but I think the king might have thought that he referred to HBS or someone else. I wonder how the king will solve the issue of Yoonhee being a girl... and it is only 4 episodes left. :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 22nd, '10, 21:02

So
Ok, they all know now about HBS identity. Blinky too. And what Blinky knows, his father knows. Damn, cause the old man also remembers Yoonhee. So many things are supposed to be going on, and 4 episodes left! :cry:
Monday, OK, in 2 days time...

pluma

Post by pluma » Oct 23rd, '10, 08:06

hello everyone! i shared the same spazz. Sungkyunkwan is a WiN! i love the show and i have good faith that the team will make a better ending. I hear they're not following the entire book, well i dont know the book either, but this is a very good show.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 23rd, '10, 12:33

Better ending? I'm not sure I understand this sentence, but... yeah, that's me.

1. Chosun
2. Yunhee as a girl
3. Yunhee and Minister of the War
4. Blinky's Sister and marriage
5. HBS
6. Yongha's background (pweeze*_*)
7. The Book

Did I miss any problem that needs to be solved?

aility

Post by aility » Oct 23rd, '10, 13:26

Nope wuv, you basically summarized everything that needs to be solved during the last 4 episodes... which is a lot.

Hmm.... I guess we could add one more thing; If Blinky will change that dark heart of his or not... And maybe also SJ and his family situation? I am very interested in the battle between SJ and the DEVIL!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 23rd, '10, 13:50

Yes, I was about to include it.
Thanks to Aili for pointing out.

So:
1. Chosun
2. Yunhee as a girl
3. Yunhee and Minister of the War
4. Blinky's Sister and marriage
5. HBS
6. Yongha's background (pweeze*_*)
7. The Book
8. Blinky's situation
9. Seonjun's relations with his father - The Devil (split or normalization?)
10. Jaeshin and his father (normalization)

There are also a lot of smaller issues like: the relation of Yunhee's mother and Professor Jung, the account book that Seonjun gave to the King, the crazy owner of the Bookstore.

BTW. Yunhee never wrote that love-letter, right?

Subtitles for Ep 15
Thanks and love goes to SKKS Soompi Team If I find anyone making hardsubs out of them, I will dig your guts out with a spoon. :whistling:
Also, if I find anyone posting subs without credits, I will remove them. Dura lex sed lex.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 24th, '10, 01:57

For the bigger issues, my kind of ending will be something like this:

1. Chosun dies in Yunhee's arm after killing the war minister to save Yunhee.
2. Yunhee as a girl does not get exposed. (It will go the Painter of the Wind route, but YH and SJ will meet again when people have forgotten about a scholar named YS.)
3. Yunhee and Minister of the War are resolved by #1.
4. Yongha's poisonous remark finally pulls Blinkey's sister out of her romance novel fantasy. To thank him, she becomes one of his many jealous wives.
5. HBS will never be heard from again .
6. Yongha's background will be explain in one flashback.YH is the illegitimate son of a royal family.
7. The Book is never found. King continues his fight against Noron.
8. Blinky replaces his father as the evil government official.
9. Seonjun and his father remain in the same stealmate situation.
10. Jaeshin and his father makes up for the lost times.

PS. I don't agree that SJ's father is the DEVIL. He is a believer. Just like SJ, he tries his best to do the right thing. Right thing as in whatever that advances the Noron's agenda.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 24th, '10, 09:01

Good scenario, but since Yulbok in Painter (...) was a real person and is known in the history as a man, they had to do it. Here... I don't know.

And I wouldn't call Seonjun's father the believer. Believer has any moral guidelines to lead him/her through all the obstacles. Devil has none. He has only the greed to remain at power. This way I would be very cautious to use the word "right", cause it implicates something that works according to some values. He does everything, as you said, to keep Norons at power. But this isn't right even in his eyes. He knows it, Minister of the War knows it. But since this is their path they chose, there is no going back.
Seonjun is a believer, we know that from the first episode, but his father has no other goal that Noron's power and status quo. That's not it.

I like the scenario about Yongha, kekeke... :mrgreen:

vella

Post by vella » Oct 24th, '10, 09:29

wow..I like y'all ending especially about YongHa being the illegitimate son of a royal family and Blinky's sister. Lol who gave him the name Blinky anyway? But can Chosun not die. Maybe she'll stop from being a Giseang and become normal girl who lives at some village.
But I really hope no one from the 4 will dies. I'm going to be sad for long time if that happen.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 24th, '10, 09:32

I have no idea who came up with this nickname, maybe Issy?

All pics from the first Press Conference gathered under one, smooth link^^

Chibis of Yongha, to install or use on your pc. Not the ones from the official website. Found on some Korean forum and people are willing to share^^
Article on those stills, in Korean
But it says that although the actors go on their last breath, the mood on the set is always good, and they try to do their very best till the end.
Jaeshin won in the poll "Jaeshin-ache" (depict the love of female viewers toward the man).

And the other article:
Song Joong-gi from 'Sungkyungwan Scandal' is 'Love-starved'
Song Joong-ki, who plays as Goo Yong-ha in KBS 2TV 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal', showed a cute complaint about him having no love line in the drama.

During the interview with 'Money Today Star News', Song Joong-ki said, “I think I will be love-starved soon since only Goo Yong-ha has no love line in the drama.”

In 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal', Yoon-hee (Park Min-yeong), Gul-oh (Yoo Ah-in), and Seon-joon (Micky Yoochun) are creating a love triangle. Goo Yong-ha is the only person who doesn't have a love line among the 'Jal-geum Quartet'.

Song Joong-ki said, “it is a rare case that a main character doesn't have any love line. I even told the director that if I get any love line, I might kiss her right away.”

He thought for a second and added, “On the second thought, it will be better to have no love line for Song Joong-ki since he is at the place in middle of other members. I will rather leave as 'Everyone's Lover'.”

Song Joong-ki finished his words by saying, “I want to do a romantic comedy for the next drama/film. I will act better since I didn't have any woman for this drama.”

On the other hand, 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal's' viewer rating is increasing little by little as the last episode is coming. It is on its peek after Yoon-hee's true gender was revealed. (Hancinema)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 24th, '10, 14:29

Cut from today's Entertainment Weekly featuring NGs, short interviews and BTS
As always, separated link for those who want to download.
:salut:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 24th, '10, 22:17

Frustrating. Saw two episodes of SKKS and now can't find which day or which TV channel it is on. My own fault of course. I never make notes but rely on my very cranky memory. I like reading off the spoilers however and can only just decide who is who. Such charming young hunks are always a pleasure. Do we really need the girl/boy.

There is a new drama coming up very soon called 'Home Sweet Home' I think I will enjoy it because one very early hearthrob is back to acting again. He is just about getting a little worn in the face but still has the masculine personality. Name is Shin Sung Woo. He used to be a rocker with a group. Singer and guitar., He did one of the leads in drama 'Man in Crisis' (OST JJ Kim Dong Uk) He was very sexy in that drama. I imagine he is still pretty hot in this new drama. Good cast. Writeup on HanCinema
I will look for it on TV

ronnamae

Post by ronnamae » Oct 25th, '10, 04:17

hi. is the english subs for ep16 already out? :) thank you!! :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 25th, '10, 04:23

Subs for Episode 16 are provided by SKKS Soompi Team, so all love goes to them:
http://www.box.net/shared/x1kk1mv35f
Do not use it for hardsubs!
BTW. I was thinking (yeah, I do that sometimes) how Yunhee will react when she learns who is behind her father's death. She knows nothing about it as for now. She may not get to learn that either but in this case... Seonjun's father gave the order, you know...

Peggy, Kim Dong Wook did one song for SKKS OST^^. Hopefully you find the channel.
Home Sweet Home will be with Kim Hyesu, whom I like^^

ronnamae

Post by ronnamae » Oct 25th, '10, 05:17

ethlenn!!! THANK YOU! :D

aility

Post by aility » Oct 25th, '10, 06:18

Aww Ethlenn, those pictures are just too adorable, especially the first one :wub:
I think Yunhee wont have any special reaction, except for disliking SJ's father a lot. But I doubt it will affect her feelings for SJ. She knows how he is, and I believe she isnt the type to judge the son based on the father's action.

Quite a few loose threads that need to be tied yes. I am really excited to see how they deal with all those matters!!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 25th, '10, 08:09

Ethlenn,
Kim Hye Su was Shin Sung Woo's leading lady in' Man in Crisis.' They were a really hot couple in that drama and I would really like to see it again. Maybe on line somewhere but not sure. Very dramatic and not at the way you would want to see everything play out.

Sort of makes you want to dive into the screen and sort a few people out now and then.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 25th, '10, 08:49

Ah, Ecchan thanks for all those links and pics!!
And I love all those endings. For me I'd love to have Cho Sun and Jae Shin end up together but then I do know it's too unrealistic...

And, I guess I'm weird but I also don't think the devil is a devil. He is a very clever leader though, getting whatever he wants without dirtying his own hands. I love how he plays the war minister and how he made his son and everyone think he's a true scholar and wise statesman... Well and yes, leading a faction how could he have a clean vest?!

I really wanna see SJG in a rom com. Poor guy deserves some on-screen quality time and I really don't mind a female :P :twisted:

Btw, Blinky will do a sit com for his next drama, really wonder how he'll do without that stare.. and he even got a second drama lined up. Wonder if it's cause SKKS or cause of his famous Noona... Anyway I'm looking forward to see him smile more often.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 25th, '10, 13:29

Here comes Blinky!!!
I'm off to watch the episode^^
Edit: I swear, I have to buy more sedatives.
Like I said, the news about Seonjun's father being involved in slaying Yunhee's father is not a trifle matter, even for her with all her love for the man.
But the couple scenes were just too adorable, just... ah... :wub:
And in the closing they started to show the preview for Mary... I hope encoders won't include that. :unsure:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 25th, '10, 17:00

Since Jaeshin
is so sad in Ep 17 in overall
I present some pics with him.
Credits to good people at SKKS DC:
Well, OK, I cheated...
But you know, stupid face... can't resist... *.*
:whistling:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 25th, '10, 18:31

Hot Lips forever.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 25th, '10, 18:39

Whoa, dear Peggy! I shouldn't probably be surprised, but such fangirling mode?
Love you, dear! :mrgreen:

Novemberbeetle

Post by Novemberbeetle » Oct 25th, '10, 18:47

Kumaxell wrote: 4. Yongha's poisonous remark finally pulls Blinkey's sister out of her romance novel fantasy. To thank him, she becomes one of his many jealous wives.

This just made my day :D

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 25th, '10, 18:47

Must make it clear I m only speaking about the third photo.

Nice eyes..nice nose , Hot lips, good chin, just right apple... what more could you ask??

Too old to be fangirl and certainly too experienced to waste words unless truly inspired.

Love you too Ethlenn :D

another nice pic full face as well. He is definitely a keeper.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 25th, '10, 19:04

Hah, yes, I figured^^

How do I put it. Well, bluntly would be the best.
credits on the pics plus my VLC snapshot thingy^^

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 25th, '10, 19:23

You got that right Edear..... :-)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 25th, '10, 20:06

There was a rumor about extending to 24, but nothing.
Not when Mary lined up, and when they seem to close the loose ends in a nice, well-paced way.
Fans called today's episode "Annyeong nae sarang" - Goodbye my love. They don't talk about Seonjun's... ekhem...

Novemberbeetle

Post by Novemberbeetle » Oct 25th, '10, 20:20

Ethlenn wrote:There was a rumor about extending to 24, but nothing.
Not when Mary lined up, and when they seem to close the loose ends in a nice, well-paced way.
Fans called today's episode "Annyeong nae sarang" - Goodbye my love. They don't talk about Seonjun's... ekhem...
Can't wait until the torrent finishes...
They don't talk about... what?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 25th, '10, 20:22

To put it in SJ style:
Jaeshin's affection met its limits

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 25th, '10, 20:58

Haha now you even started writing in SJ style?!
Ah, Yeorim will comfort him for sure, right? :P