Sungkyunkwan Scandal (KBS2 , 2010)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 25th, '10, 21:04

Heh... it's him who's writing in MY style...
ah, Yeorim is kind of unsettled in Ep 17 as well... poor, poor lovely Yongha

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 25th, '10, 22:44

Getting very itchy under my skin to see the episodes of this drama. This morning they showed a repeat of the second episode. I still am not positive which channel it is on or which evening. BUT.. I will find it. By that time you will be halfway through another drama. Drat.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 26th, '10, 10:12

OK, before I disappear for a lot of painful hours, a picspam.
Yea, Jaeshin...
...and the Merry Bunch!
credits: Official website and great, great people on DC^^
And
OK, I just loved the library scene with those letters. And the talk about the book... damn... this was so light, funny and lovely^^Image
Imagefrom Official & DC

aility

Post by aility » Oct 26th, '10, 10:39

yaaah, you are going to make me watch the RAW again!!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 26th, '10, 10:46

Watch it, wuv^^

I guess Issy watched and now she's sobbing somewhere in the darkest corner of her room^^

And
what Seonjun said to Blinky's sister was both brave and stupid. Now, it's her move, I'm really curious, really.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 26th, '10, 12:20

Ethlenn wrote:Watch it, wuv^^

I guess Issy watched and now she's sobbing somewhere in the darkest corner of her room^^

And
what Seonjun said to Blinky's sister was both brave and stupid. Now, it's her move, I'm really curious, really.
naaaah, I have not. i just saved myself the misery of it. but there is always the option of FFing SJ/YH scenes if it gets too much to handle.:whistling:
the last two eps drained me emotionally so i decided not to give my full attention to it anymore. that's why you don't see me here as often as before.
I just can't watch JS in pain and sadness. :cry:
specially the scene where YongHa told JS to go for YH as he thought SJ still has no idea of her real gender. that was just too painful to watch because you could read JS's thoughts. :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 26th, '10, 17:33

Well, he does have his smiling moments especially
when Yongha saved his ass once again^^

Umm...
Jaeshin will be alright? Right? Please, there will be a happy ending for everyone, right?? :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 26th, '10, 20:56

Hmm... which poster is better?
I mean, I'm calm again, I know everything will be alright, thanks to Ara, luv^^ :wub:
Image]
as always: Official Website and SS DC^^

aility

Post by aility » Oct 26th, '10, 22:20

THE ANGST!! THE ANGST!!! I need to sleep and not watching ep18 raw. maybe tomorrow by the time I get home, the chinese subs are will magically appear??

Anf Blinky do look kinda funny in that poster.:lol: But his eyes...

I wonder if they intentionally filled this episode with so many lovey dovey moments, just to make next episode a strong contrast. you know, make them fly high before beat them with a stick and fall...

I feel sorry for all of them. Yoonhee for her troubled feelings towards SJ and her love for her father. SJ the same... and JS is feeling guilty towards his father, and he is now trying to distance himself from SJ and YH.... But I believe that since he is a pure angel inside, he wont let their relationship affect how he feels?

I am worried about Choosun though, why is she still working for that ass of a war minister.

If they kill any of those 4, I will get really pissed.

2 episodes left. I am too sad.

One more week and the joy will disappear, being replaced by Blingy... That preview after ep17 really did not cheer me up... Blinky and Blingy... Hum... one differs by one letter. scary thought....

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 27th, '10, 04:33

If the preview after 17 didn't cheer you up, what they show after Ep 18 will most likely depress you...
Instead of doing anything of any value to my career yesterday (ekhem, ekhem...) I just couldn't stand the tension and went to some Korean websites, also DC. Fans are like: "Oh no, Shakespear again??"
One girl wrote one fine statement, she thanked the writers, directors and entire crew and said the drama is worth every won put in the producing of it.
This drama handles many topics in a right way.
the scenes between Seonjun and Yunhee in ep 18 are just heartbreaking. He seeks her presence and her every word desperately
And one funny fact, there are polls going on (among all on Nate) if Yucheon should quit music and pursue acting, and the majority of voices is going for the favor of the latter. :mrgreen:

aility

Post by aility » Oct 27th, '10, 07:12

Yeah, I can imagine the heartbreaking scenes in Ep.18... I will be ready with my tissues (PMS week :P)

But seriously, SJ is sooo in love, and he is overwhelmed by his new feelings and seems to have totally lost control over himself!! It is really really adorable, but also, on the other hand, puts him in such a vulnerable position. Especially, as it appears that YH is more in control, sorta... or well, she just likes to tease him ^^

I think she will come around after the initial shock. there is always a need for the angst you know. otherwise it wouldnt be a kdrama! and I seriously doubt that this will be another tragedy. Then the fans will go crazy :D
And yeah, I am all for Yoonchun pursuing an acting career. His smiles in Ep.17 just killed me :faint: :faint:

Why doesnt anyone smile at me like that? :cry:

PS: have you noticed that YH is walking around with teary eyes all the time the last 5 episodes or something? It is sooorta getting annoying... or is it just me?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 27th, '10, 13:55

Well, I didn't see that, but then, it wasn't her I had my eyes for...
I could understand her tears though. First, it was a tears of her burden when Seonjun confessed he liked her not knowing about her gender yet. When he did, and strenghten his feelings, those tears were the tears of joy.
But now she's heartbroken
the father of the man she loves killed her father. She has to sort out her anger, fear, and love.
The scene in the library is my favorite so far, damn, I love this scene^^.
When Yunhee said she doesn't want to kiss again, he writes letters... Beautiful, and so in his style...
And you're right, this love makes him both stupidly courageous and vulnerable...

And I have to add that I totally love Yongha's spinning around himself^^ He's dancing around :wub:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 27th, '10, 18:34

Ethlenn wrote: And I have to add that I totally love Yongha's spinning around himself^^ He's dancing around :wub:
damn, now i do have to watch this raw and get moody about not getting a thing...ahh I wanna have a pet like yong ha!!

Novemberbeetle

Post by Novemberbeetle » Oct 27th, '10, 18:52

Evil cliffhanger T____T !!!
Can't wait until next week, hoping that Jae Shin will survive the blast...
There were not enough Yong Ha teasing Jae Shin moments in that drama!

Hopefully they won't try to turn SKKS into a tear and blood filled one with the last 2 episodes ahead...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 27th, '10, 18:58

True, true...
but he did slapped him on his cheeks. Lower ones :mrgreen: Ah Yongha, Yongha...
What I'm really concerned is Chosun issue here. Hoping that she will end up with Jaeshin is too much, right?
Fangirls would be devastated since they basically created a new novel themselves with hot, steamy Jaeshin-Yongha romance, hehe...

Novemberbeetle

Post by Novemberbeetle » Oct 27th, '10, 20:50

Ethlenn wrote:True, true...
but he did slapped him on his cheeks. Lower ones :mrgreen: Ah Yongha, Yongha...
What I'm really concerned is Chosun issue here. Hoping that she will end up with Jaeshin is too much, right?
Fangirls would be devastated since they basically created a new novel themselves with hot, steamy Jaeshin-Yongha romance, hehe...
Korean forums?
Or where? ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 27th, '10, 21:06

Yeah, Korean forums :mrgreen:

I mean those girls are great, they don't sleep and make snapshots, but sometimes I wish I didn't see what I saw...

In Ep 19:
제19강 :: 2010년 11월 01일 월요일
To save wounded Jaeshin, Seonjun claims that he is in fact HBS, which leads him to a dangerous situation. Yongha and Yunhee are trying to negotiate with Students Board in favor of Seonjun, but in vain (yes, Blinky, as we know is pissed off about the marriage thingy and about those countless remarks that Seonjun threw at him, so he's soooo willing to help^^). Jaeshin is willing to make the peace with his father and bow down in order to save Seonjun, but still this seems useless. Despite all the efforts of the rest, it seems that he's left without a chance. after: the Oficial Webiste.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 27th, '10, 23:59

There is one thing in Korea that still mystifies me, and that is "Couple Ring."

If a guy were to give me a ring, I would naturally think he is proposing marriage to me. And by accepting the ring, I am officially his fiancee.
Apparently that is not the case with Couple Ring. What's up with that? :blink

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 28th, '10, 08:56

Couple rings are modern innovations. They mark like 100 days of the couple and show everyone that those two are a couple.

Seonjun gave a token of his love in a form of a ring, that's all. If someone wants to call it a couple ring, again, it would be a modern nomenclature.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 29th, '10, 15:51

Kumaxell wrote:There is one thing in Korea that still mystifies me, and that is "Couple Ring."

If a guy were to give me a ring, I would naturally think he is proposing marriage to me. And by accepting the ring, I am officially his fiancee.
Apparently that is not the case with Couple Ring. What's up with that? :blink
We have those rings here, too. They're a symbol of your love or belonging together but they don't usually mean you're engaged. I don't really like the idea of a 'love symbol' but others think it's romantic...

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 29th, '10, 17:26

SJ could very well have given her a "yours and mine" necklace as token of their love. It would be less confusing.

I thought the writers took the easy way out by throwing the blame on the war minister and making SJ's father accessory after the fact. I can understand their need to wrap up all the major lines of the story in the next two episodes. But still?

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 29th, '10, 21:29

Bearing in mind that I still have not seen the last two eps ( waiting for subs) but I totally agree with you on this. Why it can't be SJ's father deed? It would be a good test for their love for sure. Not to mention it still would be totally believble considering his character from ep1 till now. Making the war Minster and his family only the evil ones to take all the blame is a bit childish.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Oct 29th, '10, 22:38

oman the site is back! I'm so glad.

Started this kdrama last night...good so far!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 30th, '10, 08:19

From all I know, they have two endings still.

And they can say what they want, I still call him the Devil. Still, he was behind destroying the book.

Subtitles for Episode 17:
All love goes for SKKS Soompi Team: Talks on some drama special are going on... :alcoholic:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 30th, '10, 19:16

Preview for Episode 19 (not the one at the end of the drama!):
Ah, ah... my... ekhem... heart...

And since no one shared, subs for Ep 18:
All love goes to SKKS Soompi Team One more time: if I or any of my friends, find these as hardsubs, your contacts in Hell won't help...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 08:15

More pictures that Official Website posted today
Geez, I'm the only one in this thread... :cry:

aility

Post by aility » Nov 1st, '10, 08:52

Noo, I am back!!!

And the preview for Ep.19... :S :S :S

Blinky's sister finally discovers the relationship between SJ and Yoonhee???!! OMO OMO OMO... the final episode might be a bit rushed....
CANNOT WAIT!!

And thanks Soompi for the subs ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 09:13

I'm somehow calm when it comes to the ending. Unusual for me, I'm willing to accept everything. And after the havoc that Seonjun caused in the last episode, I really have no safe ground of expectations anymore.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 1st, '10, 13:50

Yes Ecchan, thanks so much for posting these subs. Took me a while to catch up cause you know, cause I keep getting stuck with yongha's scenes :wub: :lol
I also loved Jaeshin and Chosun's little dance in the alley. I still favor this pairing...though I'm aware of the fact that it aint gonna happen in the next 2 eps...

I kinda thought that it wasn't the left state minister cause it didn't seem his style to kill scholars. He is the ambitious kind to go over corpses to achieve his goals but not really one to just plainy order a murder. It fits with the war minister to go solo with such a stupid move. But what makes the former deserve his title as the devil is that he did cover it up and totally use it to his advantage. Getting all the benefits without the efforts...A gifted politican :mrgreen: Now I'm curious whether we'll get to see a litlle showdown between those to. War minister should be raging now...wanna see the dog try n bite his master...

And I gotta say it again. I admire Yoochun. He's become a great actor in those last eps. I love his mimic, the subtle changes around his lips, the expressions in his eyes. Utterly believable. Good pick, Ecchan. Hope he's had fun and will continue to explore this field...
About the closure...I just don't want it to end...but I guess a a finale furioso will be better than some dragging 10 more eps

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 14:19

Well, I second every word you wrote, Ara, about the Great Minister, he's not the type.

I'm after the Ep 19 and...
Blinky finally learns Yunhee is a girl. Yunhee finds Geum Deung Ji Sa. All Sungkyunkwan united (except for Blinky) to plead for Seonjun's freedom. Seonjun still in the jail.
Damn, I knew it! They will make them happy for only 15 minutes tomorrow, I'm gonna kill!! Kill!!
And I liked how Jaeshin finally started to do something. He bowed down before his father, he made decisions, and he wasn't walking angry/sad as usual. I guess he finally accepted Yunhee's choice and now is doing everything he can to let her be happy.

But poor Yongha, now everyone knows he's no yangban.

And about Yucheon... his Seonjun's kneeling before his father in the preview just twisted my heart.
Comparing to the first 2, 3 episodes, he's more natural, no, scratch that... he's great. :whistling: We'll keep an eye on him^^
Damn, damn, damn... they could easily add 2 more eps, 2 more eps...
And you know, if Blinky stays the same (and now he is alone cause his men left him, sorry, have no time for spoilers tags), I will appreciate it. To be bad till the very end. There is some perseverance in this boy. Despite all his mistakes, his plans crushed, his failed scheming, he has energy to do more...

And yet again they ruined it with Mary stuff at the closing...
Last edited by Ethlenn on Nov 1st, '10, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.

aility

Post by aility » Nov 1st, '10, 16:27

your alteration between the real name and the SKKS character name really made me confused. I was like, YuCheon, there is no one named Yucheon in SKKS :D

As I thought, the ending will be rushed. I think I will watch ep17 and 18 with english subs first, then wait for chinese subs. they should be available on Wednesday :pray:

I am soooo sad thinking my only joy and pleasure in these dark autumn days are being replaced by Mary next week! GAAAAH! luckily I will be in Budapest, I can drown my sorrows in cheap alcohol :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 16:31

Sorry, fixed... :mrgreen:

Don't even mention that... I'm pissed off enough already that encoders include Mary's previews at the end...
Send me some of this cheap alcohol. Like a truck of it, OK? :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 18:48

Some pics from Ep 19, all from the Official Website. I didn't include "some" that were uploaded someplace else^^
(I'm scared going to DC, so forgive me)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 1st, '10, 20:48

Aily,
visit me on the way to budapest or better, pick me up and take me with you...It's a nice place to go in autumn and they do have good beer there!!
and I so agree with you, I also don't wanna see the replacement...

Oh, I love those pics and the rest, too. Especially those in the straw :P

Really it's a shame we hardly got to see jaeshin in proper scholar clothing...Issy might be sharpening her scythe now, but I do do do prefer this look :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 1st, '10, 21:00

Believe it or not ara but I do do do too love JaeShin in his scholar clothing. He just looks so different and mature. Pity we did not get to see him much like this. But hey, scholar or scruffy look, he just melts my heart everytime I look at him. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 21:08

Wait till you see Yongha in plain clothes...
He protested so much, but Yunhee said his hair looks so good with the attire and vanity of our kkotminam prevailed, hehe... Ah, I love Yongha still...

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 1st, '10, 21:26

Ethlenn wrote:Wait till you see Yongha in plain clothes...
He protested so much, but Yunhee said his hair looks so good with the attire and vanity of our kkotminam prevailed, hehe... Ah, I love Yongha still...
:lol he is the second person to melt my heart in whatever he wears. :wub:
As for SJ, his real life look is the only look I like. I'm afraid his sageuk look has not done his hotness any justice. Suwy e-chan but that look of him with guyliner nearly stopped my heart. :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 21:46

Look at the waist, just look how the arms go to the waist... (the guy on your right, to be clear):
Damn, you did that again, Issy!! Oh gutter, my friend....

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 1st, '10, 21:50

Hm hm...Yongha in plain clothes? Somehow plain and Yongha doesn't go together ;)
Ahh, the slow speed for the torrent is killing me...guess i'll have to wait for tomorrow to watch ep 19 =(

Edit:
Ethlenn wrote:Look at the waist, just look how the arms go to the waist... (the guy on your right, to be clear):
Damn, you did that again, Issy!! Oh gutter, my friend....
Sorry dear, but I really and honestly don't get it...what about arms and waist?? :scratch:

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 1st, '10, 22:01

Ara-chan, don't you know how E-chan's brain works by now? :mrgreen:
Say something and she goes into something totally apposite :whistling:

Sorry E-chan but SJ has no effect on me what so ever let alone standing next to my second favourite guy in the whole drama.
:mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 22:04

My bad. I mean, in those clothes and the belt, the body looks great. Not only his. I couldn't stop staring at Jaeshin in this maroon outfit with this wide belt. The waist what kept me... umm...
I was talking about the line where arms are joined with the chest. Oh well, too much of the mind-shortcut.

Me? Totally opposite?? When? :whistling:
I know Issy, I know, we always differ when it comes to picking guys in dramas, hehe...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 1st, '10, 22:33

Haha Issy, I dunno why, I do agree with dear Ecchan on so many guys it's scary... but this time I find myself more in your league, which usually only happens in jdrama, right :lol: I mean I do have my fav but I wouldn't mind your No1 &2 either :P

But yes, Ecchan, I also started to like these period clothes. First I couldn't see their charm except for being elaborate cosumes with nice colours n patterns, but the more I watch the more I find them alluring... ahem... :twisted:
Just well...it's only SJ :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 1st, '10, 22:43

:lol I know. i think i have my unique taste when it comes to K-actors. the guys i like are not really the most favourite ones between the fans. and the ones most people like, don't attract my attention. still, I LOVE my favourites. :wub:
I know, I'm weird. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '10, 22:43

*shrugs* good, I have no one to share with. What a pity, how will I ever survive this... :twisted:

Period clothes are gorgeous. :whistling: With men inside them.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 2nd, '10, 04:17

Korean males in those period clothes are like Japanese males in Samurai clothing. They look so right and they give the costumes the proper distinction. Besides they drop off so easily in case you haven't noticed. Nothing gets in the way for a duel for example.... Did I clear that up properly E.???

aility

Post by aility » Nov 2nd, '10, 07:55

@Ara:
Come to Munich Airport next Wednesday ;)
The stylists have done a really job picking out the period clothing, especially the colors. Have you guy noticed how they match so well with the scenery? especially in ep.16 and 17, for SJ and Yoonhe when they were hugging out at the water, and their color just blended in with the trees and scenery. Aaah... beautiful!

I am not too fan of the hanbook though. it makes anyone look pregnant... But there are nice hanbook as well, just the shape and everything. not to my taste ^^

And I just want to be greedy, so I will take all 3 of the boys ^^ :wub:

aility

Post by aility » Nov 2nd, '10, 07:57

oh! I just read this. A petition for a SKKS Director's Cut DVD:

http://scandaldvd.wordpress.com/

I think we should maybe sign??!!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 2nd, '10, 08:38

Yes, Peggy, dear, you did. But I just have to add: samurai clothes make me laugh (sorry, I know I'm bad), while Korean men clothing makes me wanna eat those men inside them. Personal ... ekhem... feelings though. And the swordfights are better on the continent, dancing around each other is not in my liking.

Well, well, DVD Directors Cut, thanks Aili. I would be interested, I saw that by acident on Daum Cafe. So we just need to decide: do we want DC?
I have to think about it when I cool down a bit. Not making the decisions at the rush of the blood. Is there a deadline, cause I couldn't see it.
And the question is, Issy, you play your YAB without problems? Cause I don't want to buy anything that will not play here in neglected Europe.

And about the clothes: I loved to bits the blue outfit that SJ had when he was training with YH for the archery contest. Such intensive azure color! And the desingn was also great.
BTW. I really like the fact they had normal shoes in Korea, not zori, not geta etc. Zori are pretty, but absolutely not for a normal outside activity. I did imagine DG and TH from Chuno in zori, and I laughed hard...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 2nd, '10, 09:13

In Ep 20:
Ha Insoo learns that Yunhee is a girl, and realizes that he, in fact, was acting hostile toward her because of his great, albeit suppressed feelings for her. So he meets with her and begs her to accept him in her heart...
Umm... this won't work, right?

But this will:
Spoiler for Ep 20
제20강 마지막회 :: 2010년 11월 02일 화요일
Thanks to the all students led by Yunhee, Seonjun is granted his freedom. Yunhee meets with the King about Geum Deung Jisa. Blinky tells his father about Yunhee's secret and Minister of War plans to kidnap the girl to stage his revolt.
In Seongkyunkwan, Seonjun and Yunhee promised to marry...SKKS Ep 20
Plus, on 10Asia there is an article on Yu Ah-in^^: And pics:

aility

Post by aility » Nov 2nd, '10, 11:58

Hum... the scenario is much more likely that Han Insoo has been supressing his feelings for Yeorim, and he is jealous of the foursome, ehem, I mean, quartett's close bonds, and so he does everything to destroy it!!
And the minister of War, somebody (Chosun) put a sword in his tummy!!!!! He will ruin the whole last episode, give me only 5 minutes of oh joy and happiness :cry:
I would also be interested to sign yes, but there is no deadline, true... as for the DVD regions, the YAB special edition, was released for DVD region 3,4,5,6 . but since Europe is region 2, I guess we are pretty much screwed. heh...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 2nd, '10, 12:26

Well Director's Cut is very, very, freaking very tempting, but after short and fruitful talk with Issy, the region thingy makes me wary.
I could buy the DVD but I won't buy Tv set, and I don't have any now.

Half an hour till the last episode... :cussing:

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 2nd, '10, 13:16

This is the 21st century! Why does anyone worry about the region on DVDs? I have at least four players that play any region, and one is a standalone player. And you could always rip the DVDs and remove the region locking.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 2nd, '10, 14:20

Why? Because some have just pc and have not much of the options? I have not a one player but my lappie this is why I'm concerned. I don't want to spend 150$ for just a nice set to put it on the shelf.

Heeeell, the episode 20
had one of the most... ekhem... naughty endings I saw in Kdrama! Cute, sweet, but... Nevertheless, I expected a better kiss.
I didn't like everything in this episode, one of the Yongha scenes was completely useless or at least too long, but in overall not bad. And Seonjun, in his style, punched even King in the face. That's the way! But I second every word he said, how King be so double-faced, first talk about a new Joseon and then throwing a tantrum about a girl in SKK. So we got a little love-bickering, a few doses of bitter talks, a few smiles of Jaeshin, and a glimpse of their future. Heh, Jaeshin, hehe...And we had Blinky acting for the first time out of his normal line.
So, maybe a special? Come on, pretty please^^

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 2nd, '10, 15:19

Lite-on DVD players/burners for computers are cheap and they can be hacked for all region. Same for Philips, and Lite-on standalone players. Think I spent around $110 for one standalone, and added a dvd burner to my windows box, then changed the region on my Mac Book Pro. So I have two computers and one TV where I can play all of my DVDs.

I am on Mac. You can burn the DVDs with MacTheRipper, and strip the region locking out of it, then just burn the DVDs. They are your DVDs so you shouldn't have to put up with this.

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Nov 2nd, '10, 23:20

Just also wanted to give you a heads up - I actually hacked one of our HDMI dvd players to play all region (i bought the Arashi concert and couldn't watch it anywhere, even on my comp!)/

So if you have a cheapie dvd player, just type in the name and region hack in google and look it up - took me maybe 5 minutes of searching and like 2 seconds to do it!

It really is simple.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 3rd, '10, 07:52

News on "possible" season 2:
Will the second season of 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' be made?

Despite viewers' laments, KBS 2TV's 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' ended its story. Many fans are already interested about whether season 2 of 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' is coming or not.

By the interview between NEWSEN, the production crew of 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' stated that they found many points where story could be improved throughout the making of this drama and they wanted to produce another story with these improvements.

But before this interview, writer Kim Tae-heui said, “I never thought about making season two of 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal'. I was so lucky to meet all the crews and actors/actresses for this drama. I'm so sad that a chance like this seems like it will never be come again”

Kim Won-seok PD who produced this drama also said to reporters, “I do not have anything to do with 'season 2'. Maybe actors and fans want this but the production crews don't seem like it.”

After all these statements, the production company finalized by saying, “There will be no meaning to season 2 when all main production members are leaving. But there is a pretty good chance that we will try another 'Youth romance' once again.”

Hancinema

If anyone missed: Link to a batch of 720 version 1-20

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 3rd, '10, 10:09

So i could not help watching the last 2eps (with lots of FFing because i want to save it till subs comes out) last night.
actually i really like the ending. i thought it was a little rushed but was good. no shipper left unhappy. and have to admit that last few scenes of SJ and YH was SOOO cute. therefore, i don't see a point in having a second season of SKKS. i read that fans like to see a SKKS spin off about JaeShin and/or Chuso but not together (i never saw any sparks between these two characters or any possibility that they can match up together). I don't mind that but it wont be SKKS anymore. :whistling:

most of all, i liked the sneak preview in all 4 future. JaeShin's is SOOOO funny
:lol
still have problem in thinking that JS actually is as clever as SJ, YH and maybe more. but apparently he is.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 3rd, '10, 10:53

Jaeshin was no idiot. Well he behaved sometimes like one, but he was really well educated. He read all those books, remember?

I would like to see some kind of special, but you're right about the second saeson. No use.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 3rd, '10, 11:05

I know. When he said he read all the books there I was as shocked as YS/YH :mrgreen:
Saw the trailer for Mary at the end. Wow, what a contrast :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 3rd, '10, 15:25

Eishh, don't remind me...

The last episodes ratings:
2010-11-01 19 12.5 (7th) 12.2 (7th)
2010-11-02 20 13.3 (5th) 13.2 (4th)

We need to say goodbye to the characters and it was a funny ride, full of emotions. :wub:
And I guess a Thank You to everyone involved, from the crew to all of you here^^
Imagefrom Official Website and Lemongrain

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 3rd, '10, 20:09

So, one more gift from me^^

An opening for this drama and download link:
I like to think of myself as "devoted" not "obsessed". It has bad connotations.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Nov 4th, '10, 02:22

Episode 19 was a drag, but episode 20 more than made it up. The last episode had me in tears and also got me laughing hysterically.

I was surprised that the most tear-jerking scene had nothing to do with the main characters. I reached for my tissue box over the King and Professor Jung. The King was exasperated that Professor Jung withheld a very important information from him that had a potential to upset all his plans. The professor's only defense was, although he had learned that all people are created equal, he only believes in his king's decree. Professor's glistening eyes spoke volumes about his faith in his king. And that tugs my heartstrings.

As for the funniest scene, it happens to also be the cheesiest scene in the entire drama. If SJ was thawing into a normal human from ep1 to ep19, then he had graduated into a repressed hentai ojisan in ep20. Damn you, GIVE ME BACK MY OLD SJ!! :hissy:

I wished they had more time to explore Chosun/Blinkey combo because those two got potential. Then again, "son turning against his father because he is in love with his father's mistress" storyline is not exactly YA appropriate. I'll have to settle for son coming to mistress' rescue after her failed attempt to kill his father. 8)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 4th, '10, 13:09

Well, this wasn't exactly this kind of Special I had in mind, but I'm happy even for that. I just love BTS^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 4th, '10, 16:23

And few stills from hancinema:
For Jaeshin girls!

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 4th, '10, 16:43

oh my poor heart. all those JaeShin goodies :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 5th, '10, 14:23

And more from hancinema... :mrgreen:
And especially for everyone:
:mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 6th, '10, 01:08

Subtitles for Ep 19: All love goes for SKKS Soompi team. Don't make hardsubs out of them! :cussing:

spicey_mamley

YeoYou Man Man – Sung Kyun Kwan Scandal Special subtitle

Post by spicey_mamley » Nov 7th, '10, 03:47

Hi! Newbie here...i wanna ask something. Where can i found 101102 YeoYou Man Man – Sung Kyun Kwan Scandal Special subtitle? I already downloaded the video. I really wanna watch that but since i don't really understand korean so it's hard for me to watch it.
Thanks

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 7th, '10, 08:22

Interview with the writer for a drama.

Part 1
Part 2

Plus, but you may know: Yucheon has some health problems lately.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 7th, '10, 10:58

Thanks for all those goodies, I love your dedication!! :*
...I was wondering about that "especially for everyone" and the mrgreen...but i'm not gonna interpret it :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 7th, '10, 12:18

Oh well, it's open for interpretations... heh

Be back with another cut, need food first.

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 7th, '10, 12:48

I've only just watched the first episode
Hehehehe it's so CUUUTE. I love the hentai guy. He's so so adorable, and his smile is awesome eh! Hahahah. I also like the... scholar dude who threw away the hair that was collected by someone else at the first episode... Also, the homeless looking guy. Awww, I love all of them. I'm just at my first episode though, so I can't really remember their names properly just yet. Hahahaha. I love how my favorite guy wears his clothes. At first it was a nice shade of purple, and then he's wearing yellow. I love it I love it! hahahaha
Will be watching the next episode tonight! Hehehe

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 7th, '10, 13:00

So, Yongha on your list, hehe... ah, he's adorable :mrgreen:

OK, the cut if you want is from the latest Entertainment Weekly (yesterday):
Ah, Jalgeum 4 inbang... :wub:

Yes, Ara, when I put my mind and heart to something... I go all the way. :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 7th, '10, 13:07

:lol
welcome to the world of SKKS dear Jana. that "homeless" guy is my darling kid JaeShin and you will be seeing him a lot from now on. you may even start obsessing about him too. oh, and that "Hentai" YongHa is loved by everyone. so be prepared to fight if you like to keep him for yourself. but i do suggest sharing (you read this ara-chan?) because no one wants to let go of him. so basically you can be team SJ (the main) with YongHa combi or team JS (Jaeshin) with YongHa combi. SJK is just too adorable.

ps. E-chan, did you manage to find the sound track (not the OST that was out) to SKKS. i still want that piano piece SO BADLY. :salut:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 7th, '10, 13:18

Ahaha, Issytan, ofc I'm willing to share...When was the day I could play with your hubby OJH again? :mrgreen:

And Jana, welcome, welcome. I'm sure you'll love this series, too. Take your time with all those names. Must be confusing cause they also got their nicknames and sometimes we use the actors' names... I did fall for the one you called the 'hentai guy'...Yongha, Yeorim, Song Joong Ki...I'd love to keep him as my pet. Already tidied out my closet to make space for him...but you can come visit anytime :P

But then, they're all adorable, including the professor, blinky (?) and even some of the minor cast. Go all out and forget about the replacment for this gem :P

Ecchan, thanks for another candy :*