Secret Garden (SBS, 2010 - 2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 16th, '10, 12:33

Yes, forget MMM, start on this one.
Sadly, it still doesn't have its own DC Gallery. perhaps it's no fangirling stuff after all. Don't get it though.
1. Leoprint? - checked
2. Romance? - checked
3. Girly hair on a singer? - checked
4. Hilarious and solid storyline? - checked
5. Hot men? - checked... oh that's the problem. Men...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 16th, '10, 12:35

Yep, Jana. MMM isn't exactly something to look forward to by now.

And you're right, Ethlenn. There's men in it. No girly idols. Just men.

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 16th, '10, 12:46

Oooh, and i love it all the more XD

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 16th, '10, 12:50

Let's see if you'll like Mr.Elf. We all find him creepy, but I personally think he's cute. Creepy and cute... It's complicated. XD He's shekshi though.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Nov 16th, '10, 16:29

Beside all that stuff, can someone recommend this Drama/Show.

And how good is. Read a bit about it, but I'm non the wiser.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 16th, '10, 16:33

It's very veeery good so far. It's smart, it funny, it's romantic, the actors are great, the music is good and everything about it is lovely and of high quality. I recommend it.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 16th, '10, 18:03

All these pages of enumerating the good things and still the word "recommend" is what's missing...
6 pages of praising is not enough, geez...

Why Saturday is so far away? I need to wash away the 30 seconds of horror I saw today...
Last edited by Ethlenn on Nov 16th, '10, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Nov 16th, '10, 18:39

Myxale wrote:Beside all that stuff, can someone recommend this Drama/Show.

You can read this review http://couchkimchi.wordpress.com/2010/1 ... irst-look/

I think the first two episodes are strong and worth a watch.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 16th, '10, 20:01

Myxale wrote:Beside all that stuff, can someone recommend this Drama/Show.

You gotta watch it. It's mostly about the acting and their chemistry but also the quality of the production, the music etc is very good so far.

The story is pretty average so far, but the way it's carried out grapped my attention from the first few scenes. Trust these comments here and just give it a try. You can find softsubs at the viikii channel, too.

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 16th, '10, 22:36

Now seen the first episode and can't say much but I'm waiting for next!

I had a good laugh at the leoprint... oh why?!? That looked totally cheapie and so did Oscar but I still love his charm. :lol

I don't find Mr. Elf creepy, he would probably look very hot in some historical drama. Though I gotta admit his lips look a bit too ummm full?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 16th, '10, 23:00

Viande wrote:he would probably look very hot in some historical drama
Yes... He will... :roll It's coming next year.

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 16th, '10, 23:27

Mr. Elf, is he the one in the picture that Ate Ara found scary? Well let's see if I'd find him creepy, My downloads are taking a while ahahahaha

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 16th, '10, 23:41

yep, I find him, Lee Phillip, creepy but more like an ogre than an elf :P

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 17th, '10, 11:40

Softsubs for the first 2 eps are available at the viikii channel.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 17th, '10, 13:02

Watched episode 1, for the second time last night, thinking about all of the possible directions this script could go. Downloading the first episode in HD now, so I can watch it again before I watch ep 2 in HD. I cannot remember the last time I watched any drama more than once. I just love Ha Ji Won in this, first time to see her, and I love what she is doing with Gil Ra Im, and I am excited for where her relationship could go with Kim Joo Won. I am really exited by this drama.

Want to see ep 2 before I say that this is a must see, but got to watch the ep 1 again. It is just so funny and smart, and you can see where the writer and director can go with the script.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 17th, '10, 13:13

Thanks for the info on the subs, Ara-chwan. :cheers:

I also want to keep watching these first two episodes again and again and again. The wait is killing me, but I'm loving it too! It's going so well and might end up as one of my favorites soon enough. Love at first sight. :P
It's also a first encounter, for me, with most of the cast. I've seen Sang Hyun in other things, but Lee Phillip, Ha Ji Won and Hyun Bin are all new and I LOVE them! Such talented people. And doing a smashing job so far!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 17th, '10, 18:32

How great this drama is? I mean, except for annoyingly often repeated music theme, I find no faults in this. Especialy with the acting. I have never seen Lee Philip in anything, but he's doing pretty fine as for now, I wonder if he will remain such calm persona as now, or will he go off in the near future.

Hyun Bin is just... ah damn awesome. After Friend Our Legend I thought he can't surprise me with his level, but now he just surpassed this. I love the fact they chose him as the cast and such a hilarious role. He balances it perfectly.
And no, I have nothing against the rest. "Sanghyun oppa" is perfect as spoiled and shallow Oscar, who has apparently two states of behavior - either boiling or sleeping (how cute was that? See, this is the way to make things cute. THIS.).
And Jiwon unni is so damn amazing. Sometimes, when I look at her, I see ourselves down on msn^^ Hehe...

Omo, so I can actually praise something? Despite I'm one of the biggest b*tches on this side of Galaxy?
Yes, I LOVE this drama from the first minutes! I don't care about anything else, and since I'm pretty immune to other people's opinions, I will maintain mine.
This drama came as a rescue after SKKS's ending and prevented me from a boring autumn and winter.

Just one more thing - I love the house where Juwon is living, especially the narrow bridge and the pond. It's so nice and calming. I guess it's perfect for his nutty personality.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 17th, '10, 19:36

Urgh. We're also going nuts over the house but there must be some mosquitoes the size of the Chrysler building over there! It's still damn cool though.
And yes, it seems even heartless b*tches can like things. I love this series so far. It just wins you over right away and has fun with you, not at your expense.

I have to agree on Hyun Bin as well. His funny side is funnier than the usual kdrama "funny guy". He makes it special and fresh. I'm so glad I know this guy now.
Ha Ji Won is spectacular as well. She goes from cool to girly with such nice changes. Some asian actresses seem to only know "cute" and "dumb" as a style.
And I like how Sang Hyun is playing his role. He makes "lazy" into an art. He doesn't sit pretty. No. He lies around like a cat, sprawled all over that couch. Ahaha!

As for Phillip, I think we'll see more outburst from him later on. The Director is calm, but we also saw how he can get really mad when it's about Ra Im. Imagine his jealous time!
But he is a mystery to me, still. I've only seen him here so I can't be sure yet if he's versatile. I guess I'll find out with this series and later on Faith as well. He's really cool though.

Last but not least, the music is nice and they do play that theme a bit too much, but I don't really mind it. I guess things will get more comical with the soul exchange so they are building the romance now.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Nov 17th, '10, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 17th, '10, 19:36

Yes, that house and the terasse with the lake, very soothing. I enjoyed the shots where he was talking to himself there. With the beautiful autumn coloured trees and the grey light. Very very pretty.

I wonder what kind of psychological problems he has, apart from his fear of elevators ;)
And I appreciate the fact that they didn't just jump into the story with the body swap but take the time to build up the characters and their relations first.

Here's a translation of an article about Oskar that I found at viikii:

Translated source/copyright: ysh-0921.com
Translator: waishanho
Edited by: Julee
Character of “Oska” in “Secret Garden
Oska / Yoon Sang Hyun (male, 31 years old), Korean hallyu star.
“Just as I don’t resist women throwing themselves at me, I don’t stop women walking out on me!
I’m grateful for all those women who came into my life, but I’m more grateful for all those who left.”

The Korean music industry was divided into two eras: before and after the debut of Oska. An incorrigible playboy with a killer smile and gifted voice, Oska had not only captured the hearts of “ladies” all over Japan and China, but also from all over Asia. Oska was without doubt the most popular male Korean Hallyu star.

Though Joo Won (Hyun Bin) had inherited his grandfather’s intelligence, it was Oska who was born with a vortex like charisma so powerful that it was presumed that he had captured the hearts of all women except that of his mother. He’s a dangerous man whom women were willing to set free after a last kiss.

One day, he found himself having a serious problem with his vocal cords. While in this dilemma, he met a talented artiste named “Sun” and began a new career as producer. Sun (Lee Jong-Suk) was not interested in apartments or cars!! He only wanted to find himself.

Though Oska might seem a typical playboy, his one weak spot was his affection for “Ser” (Kim Sa Rang). Even now as he stood before her, his heartbeat would quicken and he would pretend to be annoyed or busy. They first met in high school and Ser was Oska’s first love. They had then broken up twice. When Ser declared that she had never loved anyone, it brought Oska both despair and hope.

Then Ser was chosen by his opponent Joo Won. To reclaim his first love, Oska schemed to snatch something precious from Joo Won. After a while he began to wonder whether he was doing this for revenge or for something he really wanted.
I'm looking forward to see more about Oskar and the lady's motives to go after Juwon...Already hoping for a love-square ;)

Yes, and Hyunbin is great so far. He acts with his eyes a lot and even though his chara is a whacky weirdo, he stays believable. I think I have said how much I love Ha Jiwon's acting several times already. And well, Sanghyun is still all about his looks for me but his act is decent, too. Aww, sprawled over that couch...
Last edited by arakira on Nov 17th, '10, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 17th, '10, 19:40

So wait..
Oscar will be trying to get Ra Im from Joo Won cause he's jealous of Ser (Ser?) wanting to marry his cousin... So, he'll be hitting on his cousin soon enough?!?! Ahaha! I have to see that!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 17th, '10, 19:48

Yep, that's how it seems. Dunno why Ser, I thought her name was Yoon Seul...
I'm also curious about the young musician and his influence on Oskar. Think it was the one he saw in that bar in episode1?!

About Lee Philipp, it's too early for me to judge his acting, but his eyes are pretty expressive, gotta give him that at least...I'm also waiting for him to come out about his feelings for Ga

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 17th, '10, 19:53

Well, apparently he has some illusions, and I guess he is a bit nuts. Actually no, he is fully nuts.
He takes the meds, perhaps some horse tranquilizers...keke...

Thanks for that article. Oskar is such loud but well sketched character.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 17th, '10, 21:00

Well, if the guy even has a song to shoo the illusions away, I'd say he has a few issues. Ahaha. Maybe he's just a bit weird and thinks he's crazy.

I mean, does he actually see her in front of him or does he just think about her there? Cause if he sees her, yes, I get why he has his own shrink. XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 18th, '10, 08:35

I wasn't sure about that durig his stroll, but after what happened at home, I'm pressy sure he saw her. Kind of schizophrenic. But I like how they showed that she started to appear in his thoughts.

What's more, I feel this drama is a bit different from others. Issy (or was it some other lady?) once said that Kdramas start slowly, but here, we were thrown out in the middle of the action (literally), without wasting time.
Ah, Saturday is 2 days away...

BTW. if anyone knows where to watch SBS online, streaming, you know... give me a sign^^

nell123

Post by nell123 » Nov 18th, '10, 09:37

@ Ethlenn:

You can try here :) :
The channels I tried worked. But there are several MBSs, KBSs and MBSs and I don't understand chinese, so I don't know which one to load to watch dramas. Aaaand I have to figure out a way to check tv schedules. :scratch:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 18th, '10, 09:47

Thank you so much! I'm indebted! :mrgreen:

Now I need Aili to figure the chinese out, keke... :whistling:

But I guess clicking on one after another may lead me to the right channel, yess...

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 18th, '10, 21:43

Now seen second episode and loving even more. ^^
I just love all of their charisma: Kim Joo Won is so cool and natural, Oskar is so cute lazy bum and Gil Ra Im is the cool lady. I like it that none of these characters seem cliche: even though Kim Joo Won is a busy manager and very rich and arrogant guy he's still nice when he wants and very natural. Oskar is clearly some kind of womanizer and has not dated poor women but he still remebers name of a stunt woman who he has been acting only once. Ra Im is tough lady but she's still voulnerable in tactical situations. 8)
What I saw from the preview, in next episode there will be a king of the tracksuits...
Taddaa, leoprinted tracksuit!! :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 18th, '10, 21:50

Ah, ye... leoprint, the king of this year. It's everywhere. I think I need to buy myself some nice leoprint push-ups, you know, just in case...
Yes, I second everything you said^^
:wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 18th, '10, 21:56

Joo Won's and Oskar's leoprint are the only leoprints that rock and still let the guys look manly. Period.

And Ethlenn, nice pictures. That kiss is reeeeeal nice. Hope we get good kissing in this one. :wub:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 18th, '10, 22:49

Viande, that's some nice character description!! Thirding that all XD

Ahem...bout the leoprints...I could think about another one or two guys who carry even that well...but I guess that's too off topic, right?! ;)

Ah, ecchan, thanks for the pics, but I'd loove to see just your face while you're made to wear that bra :twisted:

Btw, I loved how they introduced Oscar with that goodbye kiss on the street. . .
Am I weird that I'm already counting the hours till there might be a release of ep 3?!? :lol

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 18th, '10, 23:33

You know I can't wait to see this drama. I like Hyun Bin for ever and Ha Ji Won. She is such a good actress. Indeed the whole cast is right up my alley.

As far as Lee Phillip is concerned..He has a very special aura. If Adam and Eve were standing either side..he would be the snake in the middle. A very beautiful snake with charms that would wrap around you. He has lovely eyes and there is something so different about him. Where have I seen him before..he seems familiar.
I think I will have to look for this online. Can't really wait.

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 19th, '10, 00:08

Leoprint pics, thanks again. ;) We should gather this year's collection of them! Although, I bet Ethlenn has it already after posting so many pics... :whistling:

and indeed Arakira, that left interesting first impression of him.

What it comes to Lee Philip, there is something mysterious about him which makes him interesting.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 00:32

That's why I nicknamed him Elf. He's like a magical creature. Has something very mesmerizing about him. And you really can't place it to good or bad. It's just there. XD

It's like, if you were walking on a crowded sidewalk and managed to ignore everyone else, you'd somehow notice him cause he has that air. Not just cause he's so tall and handsome. :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 19th, '10, 00:46

omo, omo, omo, I'm SOOOOOOOOOO in love with this drama. it even does not have any of my favourites actors (ok, i like HJW but she is an actress. i still not my guy(s) in the drama for more encouragement :mrgreen: ) and i love with every minutes of it. well so far for ep1 but as i read in previous post, it's going to be even better in ep2.
have to write this asap to go back watching ep2

I am loving the 3 main characters so dearly. Hyun Bin was not really my favourite but i am warming up to him and his character little by little. KJW is such a great character and so much fun to watch. his moments with GRI are so cute. i just love how he has to explain his every action to her. to someone who does not even know.

RaIm is just too cool to comment about. i love strong women in dramas. at the moment, she can do no wrong in my eyes. :salut:

and oska, he did shock me at the end of ep1
remembering RaIm after all that time??? wow, loving the guy. i thought he is the playboy of the drama but i guess there is more to him than just that façade
i am still laughing at JW's fashion sense though
off to ep2,

oh, forgot to mention, WOOW, those sceneries and the house and its surrounding. WOW, breath takingly beautiful and peaceful. i can sit in that house and stare at outside for hours. I WANT THAT HOUSE.
:whistling:

ps. Lee Philip looks is a bit weird for me but not creepy. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 01:04

Ehehe. We're slowly getting sucked into this. Jana is next. She will be watching it soon.

Man, can't wait for the body exchange deal. To see Hyun Bin act like a girl. It's gonna be priceless!
The series is very smart with this, in that, they show how good the actor is with comedy and mishaps.
So, when you see him like this now, you already know he'll be priceless down the road and get psyched.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 19th, '10, 01:25

So I finally remembered. Lee Philip...was in the Legend. Was in love with Sujini but never could have her and was made her bodyguard I think, which was rubbing salt into the wound. He looked wonderful in that armour costume and good on a horse.
He was also with Park Song Ha in 'The Slingshot' Was a computer wizard maybe? A very good drama and Park Yong Ha was great in this.

Other things as well.
He was born in US and speaks perfect English. Well American English
Went to Boston University and George Washington University. Engineering major.

He is charming during an interview and has lovely smile and seems a little shy but also has a sense of humour. I don't think he is bold or in love with himself. Down to earth but oh so attractive. I may be wrong but I think if he ever has a romantic lead...he will surely give the leading lady a proper kiss.

I am so happy I refreshed my memory and now I know who he is.
Last edited by Peggy on Nov 19th, '10, 03:52, edited 1 time in total.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 19th, '10, 01:26

Orion,
Sent you a PM

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 19th, '10, 02:26

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :crazy: EP 2 is done and i don't have anymore SG to watch. :-(

ep2 was even better. :cheers:
i am just loving the way they show JW thinking of RI and him imagining her next to him all the time. but he keeps saying "what if i go crazy" and this starting to bother me a bit. i really hope that it's just his way of expressing himself and not something to do with future story-lines.
OK, Issy is liking Hyun Bin a little bit more again. :P

@orion, what about body exchange deal? :scratch: have no idea. what's this about?

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 19th, '10, 02:57

Issy dear, glad that you enjoyed the first eps, too!

The series is about a body swap between JW and RI. :scratch: wondering when and how they'll make it happen . . .

Still don't get the Lee Philipp craze...but I can imagine he'd look good in armour on a horse ready for battle ;)
Hehe for me that tall and broad guy looks more like an ogre than an elf...but well who said elfs had to look like orlando bloom ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 19th, '10, 05:39

Ah, yes, I had enough of leoprint this year...
Imagecredited as stated

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 19th, '10, 07:31

Alright first episode.
It started kinda slow for me, but it really picked up quick. Hahahahaha, I love the main guy. He's so hilarious. Like this mean guy with a lot of eccentricities, which is always a favorite of mine. And the girl? Well the girl is awesomely cool. She's like this cool lady of pure awesomeness. A real freshness from all the girly girls that I've been watching lately. Hahahah, it's so cute, cute, cute, cute. Though the whole moving from arm to arm thing is a little, cute and weak-like, but I'm pretty sure that's only because she's lost a lot of blood from that big wound. But other than that, she's pretty much awesomepants. Now the director dude... he does look kind of creepy. I don't know, maybe it's the eyes. But I have to say I'm more looking forward to when they switch bodies. Hahahaha, it's after the preview so it's pretty funny, watching them. I'm really liking it so far, especially when she kicks ass. I really hope that she doesn't start making her look weak after a while, but I highly doubt it, since they're going to change bodies after all. KYAAAAAA~.
I loved it. I really loved it.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 19th, '10, 10:19

:lol :lol :lol
I was SOOO out of touch with this drama (where on earth i have been? :scratch: ) that did not even read the storyline. :blink body swapping??? :lol
ok, this sound interesting but also reminding me of so many US movies that i have seen on this subject that is not something unusual for me anymore.
at the moment i am really liking the whole romantic storylines between the three characters so i hope it stays as interesting as now when body swapping happens.
can't wait for tomorrow. :goggle:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 19th, '10, 11:08

I know Issy where you have been. On Jeju (used to called Tamna, keke)...

You know, everything has been written already, everything has been told already. All we can do is re-invent everything. Refresh. Some dramas can use cliches and twist them, shed a new light on them, and some...
Ah no, I'm a hater, sowwy... :whistling:
Saturday is still 24 hours away...

But it's amazing that both we here (bad, venomous Westerners) and Koreans alike love this drama. So I read on Korean websites... :whistling:

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 19th, '10, 11:16

This I can kyaaaa at anytime. Hahahaha

It's such a fun drama, and I really really can't wait till the body switch, it's going to be so adorable, I know it. I've always been such a fun of body switching dramas and only because they both look like idiots whenever they do. XD

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 11:24

Some things are just good. They are so good that anyone can see. They don't just arouse the fangirl senses like cat sounds and S-lines.

As for the pictures, lovely. So kyaa-worthy that I can't wait! Come on, Saturday! Until then, carry on, women.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 19th, '10, 11:29

Hyun Bin can do an admirable idiot :wub:

It's very easy to go overboard with this kind of plot, but I have such faith in him that I believe everything will be as it has been from the first minute of this drama^^ :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 11:34

Me too. I don't think they'll go for too much slapstick or silliness. He hasn't so far so he wouldn't as a "woman" either.
Plus, I trust such a nice series to respect both genders and their real qualities. It has so far. Both men and women.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 19th, '10, 12:20

@E-chan, oooops. i got cought :P yes. it seems that i had became a permanent resident of Jeju Island. but i am back now. well, i have keep an eye on my kid you know. :mrgreen:

so when this body swapping is suppose to happen? I'm already excited to see the outcome. i hope that they can handle this issue perfectly. i have high hopes too.

regarding Lee Philip
when he was in those sageuks drama clothing, he actually looked quiet fine. :whistling: I also noticed his name on Faith drama cast list.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 12:33

I noticed more than his name. Over at the Korean Actors thread, I posted a little making of video from Faith. Not very good quality, but Phillip is there. So is Ji Hwan... :roll

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 19th, '10, 15:11

Episode 2
I'm actually typing this as I'm watching the second episode. Hahahahaha

How adorable can this drama be? Like seriously! Hahahaha, I love the main guy. He's so adorable, especially when he started imagining her next to him all the time. And when he said, at least change your clothes, I just fell of my chair laughing at how cute that was. So so so funny. Hahahahah. And when they were talking together, how funny is he seriously? Though I do have one concern...

That might become a really big problem, and may even be the source of the melodrama... do you think he'd go crazy, as in crazy, medically deranged crazy, where he can't take care of himself, and she has to do it for him... because that would be so so... sad.... :(

And then he goes and says something awesome. The whole love at first sight thing. I so totally agree with him. I've never believed in love at first sight, because I don't even think it's love, it's lust. Call it for what it is, it's not love, because how can you love someone you don't even know. And now I love him all the more XD

He is so smitten by her, it's so so so so cute. He is so the most adorable guy ever. Hahahaha, I think I like this kind of leading man better, the kind where he's absolutely smitten by her. There's been too many cool guys hanging around lately, that a goofy man is just what I need
I loved it! I neeed more XD

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 17:37

About the melodrama part
I also have some concern about this and the guy is seeing a psychologist and all, but I don't think they'd go that far when they started even this in such a positive and relaxing note.
I mean, we know, right off the bat that he is a bit crazy and so far, they've showed it in a comical way. We're already ok with the fact that he may be schizophrenic and "seeing" things.

It may serve a purpose for the melodrama, but I think it might just be in the form of doubts. Meaning, if the man knows he has a mental illness, will he trust his feelings for her as love and all?
This body exchange might get too much for him or he may think he's crazy and that it's all a lie so there might be melodrama with that, but we can still get a good ending. He just has to accept it.

I mean, his problem so far doesn't seem to bother his life. Since he's seeing a doctor and is not hospitalized, he's a functioning schizophrenic, if he even is that and he's not just thinking about her.
I think that if they wanted to make his problem really serious, they wouldn't show it at the beginning and it wouldn't be in such a romantic, cute and comical way as it was so I think we can relax a bit.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 19th, '10, 18:01

About the melodrama part: after the first 2 eps, I find it extremely hard to imagine that there will be any.

I'll just stick to the hope that this is gonna be a straight albeit a bit whacky romantic comedy...maybe the info was wrong or they changed their minds (please!!!) :lol

And the psychological side:
I think he's still quite fine, his meds seem to be having an effect ;)
I wondered about his family, since he's living alone but says he'd ask his mum about firing that manager guy, maybe he's just not experienced enough love from home...and also about his and Oscars relationship. Love their little fights. Hope we'll get some more of that before they swap and HJ suddenly admires Oscar :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 18:09

The whole Oskar and Joo Won (rather, Ra Im) interaction is going to become hilarious later on. :rofl:
See, BL can be done in a humorous and non-offending way. Poor Oskar is gonna find it all so weird. :rofl:

I also think/hope that the melodrama bit was just an original plan. Like the "game world" idea. Hope it was.
Everything about this show so far says comedy. Even the preview of later episodes at the end of the first.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 19th, '10, 18:19

arakira wrote:About the melodrama part: after the first 2 eps, I find it extremely hard to imagine that there will be any.

I'll just stick to the hope that this is gonna be a straight albeit a bit whacky romantic comedy...maybe the info was wrong or they changed their minds (please!!!) :lol

And the psychological side:
I think he's still quite fine, his meds seem to be having an effect ;)
I wondered about his family, since he's living alone but says he'd ask his mum about firing that manager guy, maybe he's just not experienced enough love from home...and also about his and Oscars relationship. Love their little fights. Hope we'll get some more of that before they swap and HJ suddenly admires Oscar :lol
It seems like all of his relationships have been set up by his mother just so that he can marry into the right family, so I don't think he has had much if any experience just dating someone for a relationship, and the fact that he can't see that he is falling for Ra Im I think proves it.

Then you have Ra Im who doesn't seem to realize how hot she is, and that the men around her seem to be in love with her too, well at least the ogre. I love the look on her face when she is trying to figure out what Joo Won is doing and I loved her reaction when the Ogre told her she was a pretty great woman.

Can't wait to see what Ra Im is going to do at the store once the switch takes place. I can't wait to see the look on the Director's face when Joo Won's personality changes.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 18:41

The ogre. :rofl:

It's such a guilty pleasure to make nicknames for actors and characters.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 19th, '10, 20:02

It's a guilty pleasure, Ori^^

But I think JW already knows he has fallen for RI. :mrgreen:

Mimsers

Post by Mimsers » Nov 20th, '10, 00:41

BEST DRAMA EVER. :D

And its only been 2 episodes~

Hehe, I think she's falling for him ;)

Can't wait for tomorrow for episode 3..

~Jackie 8)

Helanite

Post by Helanite » Nov 20th, '10, 01:52

I've got to say its nice to have a drama that runs on the weekend instead of the usual weekday drama's!
I love this drama! its going to be pretty interesting to see Hyun Bin playing a girl! :lol i really hope it happens this next episode!
the main actrss looks familiar! what drama's has she been in?

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 20th, '10, 02:49

I'm... I'm having withdrawal symptoms.

After two episodes I'm having withdrawal episodes. Hahahaha I miss it so much now. XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 09:27

Ha Jiwon's filmography:
TV Shows

* Secret Garden (SBS, 2010)
* Hwang Jin Yi (KBS2, 2006)
* What Happened in Bali (SBS, 2004)
* Damo (MBC, 2003)
* Love That's Bigger Than Love (MBC)
* Days in the Sun (KBS2, 2002)
* Life is Beautiful (KBS2, 2001)
* Secret (MBC, 2000)
* School 2 (KBS1, 1999)
* Tears of the Dragon (KBS1, 1996)

Movies

* Sector 7 (2010)
* My Love By My Side (2009)
* Haeundae (2009)
* Seven Remedies (2008)
* Fool/BA:BO (2008)
* His Last Gift (2007, cameo)
* Sex is Zero 2 (2007, cameo)
* Miracle on 1st Street/1st Miracle (2007)
* Duelist (2005)
* Daddy Long Legs (2005)
* All For Love (2005, cameo)
* Love So Divine (2004)
* Bunshinsaba/Ouija Board (2004)
* 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant (2004)
* Reversal of Fortune (2003)
* Sex is Zero (2002)
* Phone (2002)
* The Scissors (2000)
* Ditto (2000)
* Truth Game (2000)
* Nightmare (2000)
Se, I know, I'm weird but I'm not really looking forward to see the whole swapping, and JW in a wig, but what happens after that. When they will return (?) to their bodies.

And since I can't upload for some time, a link for the 2nd part of the OST:
Part 2 OST

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 20th, '10, 12:43

Ethlenn wrote: Se, I know, I'm weird but I'm not really looking forward to see the whole swapping, and JW in a wig, but what happens after that. When they will return (?) to their bodies.
Hehe that could be an interesting show, too...but I don't really expect them to develop that part of the story. Guess they'll just swap back and live happily ever after...I wouldn't wanna see some draggy fighting and quarreling after they switch back, before they end up together anyway :lol
But then, I guess it's too early on to speculate about these matters - and also too hard not to, while waiting for ep 3 :goggle:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 15:04

I really, really love JW haircut. If only more men could have it... and not fancy-pansy locks...
Image thanks to: SG DC
And official (?) MV:
그여자 That Woman - 백지영(Baek Ji Young)

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 20th, '10, 15:10

Ethlenn wrote:I really, really love JW haircut. If only more men could have it... and not fancy-pansy locks...
And official (?) MV:
그여자 That Woman - 백지영(Baek Ji Young)
Totally agree. i too really liked it by the first look. :P
ps. i am sure i have heard this song some where else. :scratch: LOVE it :wub:
Last edited by Issy on Nov 20th, '10, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 20th, '10, 15:11

Well, I prefer a biiit less "cup cut" myself, but yes. This is much more preferable than locks and curl.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 20th, '10, 15:29

Well, getting ready to watch ep 3 for the 1st time on Tudou. Won't understand much of it, but I cannot wait until the Viikii subs come out Monday or Tuesday.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 15:30

And the MV in HD is available for download also here:
http://www.vidsurf.net/watch/aCHNkROFkv ... 0p_HD.html

Well, I don't mind long hair, but in period dramas and on men.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 20th, '10, 15:35

Ethlenn wrote:And the MV in HD is available for download also here:
http://www.vidsurf.net/watch/aCHNkROFkv ... 0p_HD.html

Well, I don't mind long hair, but in period dramas and on men.
mmmmm, period dramas, tall hot men, with long hair, fighting with swords, riding horses...mmmmmmm :faint:

:mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 15:37

Issy wrote:
mmmmm, period dramas, tall hot men, with long hair, fighting with swords, riding horses...mmmmmmm :faint:

:faint: :faint: :faint:
Ah true...

And I think after todays' episode Mr. Ogre/Elf realizes he's losing...

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 20th, '10, 15:37

Ethlenn wrote:It's a guilty pleasure, Ori^^

But I think JW already knows he has fallen for RI. :mrgreen:
I think she was beginning to, but the look at the end of ep. 2 tells me that she is questioning it, and is wondering how and why this rich guy likes her. Hmm...to me she looks downright pissed off.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 20th, '10, 15:40

Ethlenn wrote:
Issy wrote:

:faint: :faint: :faint:
Ah true...

And I think after todays' episode Mr. Ogre/Elf realizes he's losing...
And that is why I call him the ogre. With his wild eye he could only be a Dark Elf or and ogre and I expect to see his head explode, and sooner rather than later.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 15:41

JW= Joo Won, a guy
RI= Rae Im = a girl
and I think you are right, she may not be the happiest about this. He just almost confessed, keke

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 20th, '10, 16:00

Oh, the Director is gonna be preeetty mad when the confession takes place. S'okay, tall cutie. You'll find another lady. :P

And please, don't talk about sageuk. Ever since the Faith pics, my mind is a breeding ground for sageuk porn fantasies... XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 16:15

Hmm... start writing a scenario, love. When they're fresh and... silky... :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 20th, '10, 16:22

My heart races just thinking about em and you want me to write em down too? Ahaha. I wouldn't survive that...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 20th, '10, 16:32

Orion1986 wrote:Well, I prefer a biiit less "cup cut" myself, but yes. This is much more preferable than locks and curl.
Yep, and somehow it reminds me of Rain in Fugitive ;)

Thanks for those huge picd again...just wonder why they use so much contrast in these stills...

wmcnair370...seconding everything you said bout RI and the ogre;)