Jang Geun Suk !!

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 11th, '10, 13:01

Pictures are well not so bad.

Hahahahahahahaha

Maybe I'm becoming forgiving again, but I'm in a great mood so that may also be the reason as well. :) Hahahahahaha
Ms. Mi Ho tends to do the most awesome things for me. She's like an awesome awesome kawaiiiiii girl. Hahahahahahah. Can't wait till they release the last two episodes at withs2. I want to finish it so badly because Mi Ho is just awesome...

Also, Lee Seung Ki? Not as bad as I expected. He's much better than the Table if you ask me.
But anyway, I'd love to have that hair on me :)

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Oct 12th, '10, 17:58

New mary stayed out all night stills ...

Sorry for lack of images in post, im a bit technologically challenged.

On the keunsuk side of things...words fail me?

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/10/jang- ... all-night/

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 12th, '10, 18:12

Hmm, yess, we saw, we commented, we puked.

I even saw Ojou belle commenting^^ She's hiding somewhere...
Yes, ParisianSkies, the feminity is strong with this one...

Put any of us in place of this running man and you get the picture what will happen when the drama will actually start:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 12th, '10, 19:02

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh man. I got tears in my eyes. That gave me SUCH a nice laugh, Ethlenn!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 12th, '10, 20:04

Ahahahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The wrath of the fangirls...guess I won't go close to certain sites once it airs...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 12th, '10, 20:37

Heck, just keeping such psychos from coming here in an attempt to crucify us for saying he's not the Second Coming will be like defending Troy from the Greeks. Long, painful and over a chick that just ain't worth it. (although we all know it wasn't Helen they wanted)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 12th, '10, 22:01

Yes, it was jks in his previous incarnation they wanted. Or maybe it was the gold... ehehe...

But you know what's funny? The fact that we were mocking him around May that he's becoming a drag queen and a girl, and we were hated for it, but now everyone says he's a girl.
So, with this in my memory (totally occupied by manly men, and few boys, ekhem...) I will state my mind when the time comes and drama will start. At first I will be b*tchy cause when Mary starts, SKKS ends, and I want the November to never come, but... On the second, I will be b*tchy cause I see no justification (difficult word, dear fangirls, yess...) for his hair and clothes, and constipated look.

On the second thought, perversely can't wait...

some1

Post by some1 » Oct 24th, '10, 17:16

Hello!

i'm here to ask what is this guy's religion?
anybody knows?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 24th, '10, 17:39

The only thing I know he worships is his S-line and bling. But religion? No clue.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 24th, '10, 18:09

Blingism
Founded: somewhere in India
The origins of this religion are obscure, but many researchers claim that the main axis of this faith is the belief that every being on the Earth carries within oneself a part of so called Divine Shining. The ultimate goal of it is to free this Shining so every creature can bask in the Divine Light.
Practices that help to free the Inner Bling:
~ singing
~ dancing (the more hideous the better, one passage from the holy book of Blingism says: "Your bosom is like a whirlpool of diamonds" 2;1-2)
~ wearing gaudy clothes, preferably unmatched, non-differentiated between sexes
~ blabbering nonsense (proof of being in contact with "Ghosts of the Sparkling Past")

More research is in the hands of capable phenomenologists and historians of religion.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 24th, '10, 18:25

My mom just read that btw and is laughing her ass off as we speak. She says congratulations for that fine presentation on Blingism.

some1

Post by some1 » Oct 24th, '10, 20:03

LOOOL
you two are hilarious

i bet he'll cry if he reads what you have been saying about him all this last time

just leave him be...
afterall he "didn't kill you" :-)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 25th, '10, 18:42

I rarely post about this person anymore. It's a bit distasteful. However, regarding his religion ..I would think he can't be Buddhist or Confucianist. Too plain and ethical.
However, I think maybe he is going through a phase..you know... like girls want to have a horse for life or be a nun or become a hairdresser...that sort of thing.'

He should grow out of it all eventually.

some1

Post by some1 » Oct 27th, '10, 03:39

jumping through the topic & seeing how some are
too concerned about JKS's career future, i wonder
if you tried to tell him your opinion in person ..
like posting it somewhere he can read or telling someone
who can go to a FM??
if you already did that please tell me about it..

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 27th, '10, 07:49

The only people who go to his fanmeetings (especially anymore) are fangirls. Fangirls see us as crazy b*tches who can't see how awesome and perfect everything about this man is.
If we did find one and tell her, she'd probably gather all her friends and bash us. Maybe even stalk us on the net just to create trouble for us (yes, I do think they're crazy enough for it).

And if we sent him an e-mail, do you think it would get to him? Do you think he'd see any concrete worries or complaints as anything more than "some more antis wanting to annoy me"?
That is, if the message ever got to him, which I'm sure it won't. The man can't read thousands of messages. He probably has people filtering them and throwing all non kyaaing ones out.

The netizens know we're here so it's likely he does too. But if for him, the whole World is a few countries in Asia, do you really think anything a "westerner" will say can make a difference?
I'm sure there are sensible fans in Asia too, so we can only depend on their voice to be heard. Ours doesn't seem to even get through to anyone most of the time. We're not fans to them.

And at the end of the day, the man doesn't seem stupid. At least not in his career. Do you think he might be like this just because no one told him it's disturbing and disrespectful and inappropriate?
If we did tell him, would we tell him something he doesn't already know? To me, it just looks like he went fame-crazy and has decided to make some money and get some attention while he can.
He seems like he wants to have his cake and eat it too. He wants to be an entertainer and have attention and screaming fans who pay good money for anything and everything he does.

If the man has decided not to get serious with his acting and his real talents and prefers to use showmanship to get him as far as it can and for as long as it can, we have no say in that. His choice.
We did see great potential in his acting and we know he could be awesome if he got serious with it, but are we supposed to chase the man around forever, begging him to start acting like an actor?
We've been expressing our worries for months now. He knows we're here (and there) and he has not even asked us to trust him and accept him for who he is or even addressed these worries.
When the man won't even acknowledge that a lot of his fans have issues with his behavior and doesn't seem to see anyone besides kyaaing fangirls as fans, what's the point of bothering with him?

There's a limit to how much a fan can take being ignored and bashed by his fangirls before they give up. He hasn't shown any acceptance for anyone that doesn't worship the ground he walks on.
When even the press seems confused about your looks and behavior and all you do is brag about your S-line and how men on the street want to grope you, thinking you're a girl, something is wrong.
I don't think such a person is worth my time. Simply that. Nothing he has done or shown lately makes me feel trust and respect towards him as a person. I don't like bimbos. Be it women, or men or idols.
I can ignore bad behavior if the acting is awesome and work taken seriously because that person has at least 1 excellent thing I can enjoy as a viewer. Might hate the person, but the acting is solid.
But why take such crap from a guy who doesn't even seem that interested in being an actor anymore or getting better and better and giving me good works? What's left for me to admire then? Nothing.

So, to wrap this up, I don't intend to go into the den of wolves (replace with fangirls) and try to reach a man who I'm pretty sure is not interested in hearing anything I have to say. Or will even get it.

some1

Post by some1 » Oct 27th, '10, 08:32

Orion1986

i must tell you this... i really RESPET you
i'm not JKS fan to begin with,
i just liked his smile & charismatic presence,
then followed some of his works,
suddenly became curious about his religion ,
& that's how i ended up here..
but i'm really impressed by your sincerity & truthfulness..
thank you for your time,unni.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 27th, '10, 08:45

You're very welcome, dongsaeng. Thanks for reading all that. ^^

Charisma the man has a lot of. He's also got potential. A lot as well. I'd been interested in him since 2006 myself.
Found him again in 2009. I had great hopes for the guy cause he really did impress me with his acting. He could be awesome.

Especially in S.Korea, there are so many idols or singers who go into acting, but are really talentless and bad at it.
So, when you see a young man with such potential to be good going the other way and turning into an idol, it's sad.

A lot of people with no talent wish they could have the opportunities he has. So, for him to ignore his gifts, it's disappointing.
And even if he does change his mind later on, if he keeps being this way, he'll be pigeonholed into an idol. And then, that's it.

bluewinky

Post by bluewinky » Nov 3rd, '10, 13:10

i think that they should create more shows that have park shin hye and jang geun suk together. they really make a good couple :">

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 3rd, '10, 16:07

In 5 days from now, his drama will start! I'm way more excited for your poisonous comments than the drama! :mrgreen: I'll be counting on you, ladies! :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 3rd, '10, 16:23

MisS Lonliah wrote:In 5 days from now, his drama will start! I'm way more excited for your poisonous comments than the drama! :mrgreen: I'll be counting on you, ladies! :P
:lol now come on dear. we all said we will give all credits if it was due. i don't think the comments would be that "poisonous" if it turned out to be a decent work. we will be fair. :P

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 3rd, '10, 18:16

Issy wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:In 5 days from now, his drama will start! I'm way more excited for your poisonous comments than the drama! :mrgreen: I'll be counting on you, ladies! :P
:lol now come on dear. we all said we will give all credits if it was due. i don't think the comments would be that "poisonous" if it turned out to be a decent work. we will be fair. :P

lol :mrgreen: deep in my heart, I'm praying for this drama to be a success.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 3rd, '10, 18:54

We'll give credit for what it worth it. I have no problem saying he rocks if he does. Might think the man is a joke, but if he's good at his job, I'll praise that and that alone.

Cuteholic

Post by Cuteholic » Nov 3rd, '10, 19:10

Ethlenn wrote:Blingism
Founded: somewhere in India
The origins of this religion are obscure, but many researchers claim that the main axis of this faith is the belief that every being on the Earth carries within oneself a part of so called Divine Shining. The ultimate goal of it is to free this Shining so every creature can bask in the Divine Light.
Practices that help to free the Inner Bling:
~ singing
~ dancing (the more hideous the better, one passage from the holy book of Blingism says: "Your bosom is like a whirlpool of diamonds" 2;1-2)
~ wearing gaudy clothes, preferably unmatched, non-differentiated between sexes
~ blabbering nonsense (proof of being in contact with "Ghosts of the Sparkling Past")

More research is in the hands of capable phenomenologists and historians of religion.
I know that JKS has been having some quirks because of fame or what not. Honestly I got interested in his works recently after I saw BV and YAB. Being a not "fangirl" fan I can understand where you all are coming from but I just have a small comment to make on 'Blingism'. I accept the fact that JKS is more into bling blings than he should be, that aside what hurt me a bit was this part - "Founded: somewhere in India" what does that have to do with anything? I am originally from India and I know that culturally and even normally people like to wear ornaments, but what does that have to do with the hypothetical 'Blingism'. I know that you probably meant no harm while posting this but you might want to be careful before connecting something real to something fictional. Again this is in no way to bash this post. It is very funny indeed and all your points against JKS are valid...but just wanted to make a note on that. I apologize if I offended anyone with this.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 3rd, '10, 19:42

Hmm, to answer that and not reveal who I am much...
well, the person for whom it was, read, so... peekaboo
And I'm really careful by linking those two things, or rather I do have a way to merge them into another face of reality.
If this hurt you, sorry, but I don't think you should feel offended in any way. I wasn't talking about you personally, India personally (transposing a personality into a country, heh), I was referring to those things I put under the spoiler. I do have a respect for the huge cultural heritage of the subcontinent.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Nov 3rd, '10, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

Cuteholic

Post by Cuteholic » Nov 3rd, '10, 19:55

I can justify your way of linking the two because of the stereotypes. But then again linkages like this don't help in dissuading those kind of stereotypes lol.

But either ways good luck with your career, hopefully you can help tell people not to believe in those stereotypes!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 3rd, '10, 20:06

That's my main goal in life: breaking the stereotypes by showing their absurds. But in every stereotype there is a grain of truth, sadly. If it wasn't the case, they would be never created.

Good luck to you too with everything what you're doing!

Cuteholic

Post by Cuteholic » Nov 3rd, '10, 20:15

Thanks I just work with computers, software and health-care. Oddly enough we got plenty of stereotypes there as well lol.

BTW totally off topic but I like your sig +avvy. I am on the verge of finishing Bad Guy (it will probably join my favorites list) :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 10th, '10, 14:46

For the love of Bling! He's holding ANOTHER tour in Japan!!!! Boy, you really are out to milk this one, aren't you? I just... Nah. No words to describe this madness...

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 10th, '10, 14:57

Orion1986 wrote:For the love of Bling! He's holding ANOTHER tour in Japan!!!! Boy, you really are out to milk this one, aren't you? I just... Nah. No words to describe this madness...
yeah. atleast with YAB he waited till the end of drama and started his FMs but MMM is only one week old and he already going out for FMs. they probably thought, why wait? if there is enough fangirls willing to spend money on something they have not seen yet, they might as milk it to the full.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 10th, '10, 15:02

I bet anything he'll do the hand-licking and barking thing for em... I just know it. :rofl:

Ojou_Belle

Post by Ojou_Belle » Nov 13th, '10, 09:20

I'm cautiously optimistic about MMM....JGS is so cute that he snatches at my heartstrings!

I really wanted to dislike MMM but he's just so cute when he smiles and I'm left with a blank mind.

Gaaaahhhh! I do still have this ginormous crush on him...I thought it was gone, what with his femininely

inclined taste in clothing, hair and accessories but it's still there and I'm looking forward to watching

him agian. I think he put a lovespell on me. Hahaha!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 13th, '10, 11:58

I guess his spell on you was stronger cause mine ain't working anymore. The love is gone. :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 13th, '10, 12:33

same here. his cutenss seems so acted and fake to me that irritates me everytime he tries it. :crazy:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 13th, '10, 12:37

I think we hate him even more because we were such big fans of his than "new" people would.
Cause we've seen what he can do as an actor when he works for that and not his fanbase's kyaaing.

Everytime he acts cute in MMM, you see the guy trying to impress and not the character. Which is bad.
An actor should convince you you're watching a series and a character, not remind you it's him you see.

Ojou_Belle

Post by Ojou_Belle » Nov 13th, '10, 13:55

Oh, I hope I don't reach that point until I finish watching Mary.

I would hate it if I'll stop watching after investing in several episodes already.

But I do understand what you mean when you said he looks like he's acting.

I think it's because he's been practicing way too much in front of a mirror

the different poses and gestures that he thinks looks good on him.

He seems to favor a lot of gestures that bring attention to his lips...kekeke!

Dunno if I read him correctly or not about this.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 13th, '10, 14:04

You're right. He's trying to force moves and gestures that enhance that cute image his fans want and he's doing a one-man show.
He doesn't think about "What we need to do to make the scene look good" but about "What I need to do to make myself look cool".

To me, that's when an actor stops deserving the role they got. They should work for the series/movie to look good, not themselves.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 14th, '10, 13:29

was surfing You tub and thought of this. he was younger and inexperienced but was believable and fun to watch.

when JKS was Young, Cute, Real and Manly

here where i liked HJW, so I'm off to watch Secret Garden. 8)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 14th, '10, 13:41

What a handsome and charming young man. I would have loved to see what that young man could show us.
Unfortunately, fame got to him like it does with many child actors. It still makes me sad to this day. Such a waste.

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 17th, '10, 00:00

Just when I was about to go to sleep I got horrid vision of MMM barking & meowing scene and You're My Pet.. >.< Now I can't sleep...

casse

Post by casse » Nov 24th, '10, 18:53

I read somewhere that JGS rejected lee minho's role in BOF for Beethoven Virus (right me if I'm wrong).....If its true than that may be his wisest choice ever cos I really liked him in BV. Well I am disappointed in him after seeing MMM (esply the 1st 2 eps), But, I think its a little too early to judge as the drama is not even halfway yet, as for me I'll wait till eps 9 or 10 and if the drinking,acting cute scenes and fanservice whatsoever goes on than its goodbye..
Oops!! s this aint MMM thread sorry....( true MMM gets all the attention for all the wrong reasons here) lol
Now back to JGS, what makes me anxious is what he will do after MMM, I really wish that this be the last drama for him as a musician cos i'd like to see him act not sing. Although I like his voice I notice he's off-key at times ( could be his choice of songs, I think he was good in Happy Life though)...
For me I'm not gonna write him off yet but will see what comes next....

casse

Post by casse » Nov 24th, '10, 20:09

@Ethlenn Thank U!!
I'm barely 3 months old to korean drama, YB was my first ( after my persistent cousin forced me to watched it) and JGS was the only actor that I know but thanks to you guys active posts I really enjoyed SKKS.. Although I must admit that I really hate period dramas but SKKS was different...As of now I find my new interest in Secret garden..

Now back to JGS, after seeing the link I cant help wondering what Simon Cowell will comment if he ever hear him sing live...(':lol')

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 24th, '10, 21:19

Hmm... I could provide a sample of Simon's judgment, but I would be called a hater again, keke... although we all here, and now you agreed he sometimes doesn't hit the notes. He has nice, low voice when speaking, but...

And glad you liked our post someplace else, we usually bite what needs to be bitten. You are more than welcome to the discussion, dear, the more the merrier^^
Period dramas are awesome (but yes, I'm an addict of this kind, both sageuk and taeha^^ though sageuk a lot more :whistling: )

casse

Post by casse » Nov 26th, '10, 04:48

Yup, I couldn't agree with you more, his deep voice when he speaks is something I cant ignore… dunno why some people call you a hater but for me its totally okay to speak out when somebody fail to meet ones expectation. I think he could have done a better job cos for me his earlier works were much2 better, for me I see no improvement or is it rather decayed..

I like your post cos I must admit I really cant trust overhyped fangirls n their overrated dramas..they failed me quite a few times lol.. I bought a hell lot of DVDs which all turned out to be tear-jerkers… I hate sad movies

I said I hated period dramas cos I m not very familiar with korean history ( I m an Indian btw).. let alone sageuk and taeha, Its only after watching SKKS that I knew what Joseon means… I watch the first few eps of Hong Gil Dong online n I think I m gonna like it.

nasrynie

Post by nasrynie » Nov 26th, '10, 05:18

where can i watch alien sam?? huhuhu i want to watch it..

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Alien_Sam

Ojou_Belle

Post by Ojou_Belle » Dec 1st, '10, 01:37

This is a totally random thought but while watching Secret Garden

I couldn't help but htink that JKS would be totally into Hyun Bin's

sparkly track suit! Hahahaha! I love Secret Garden! In fact, I

stopped watching MSOAN already.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 1st, '10, 09:37

I've stopped watching MMM from episode 4 or so. I just can't find the will to watch it.

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 1st, '10, 11:47

I'm still watching it, just waiting for the subs to come out. Ep. 3 is out on VIA though, but unlike Secret Garden,the subs are taking it's time to come out, that's why I haven't been as updated as I want to be.

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 2nd, '10, 00:42

Hmm, well I guess there must be some normal people out there considering it's experiencing low ratings. MMM has come to the point where I'll watch it when it's available but it's not a must watch OMG I can't wait for it. It's like Playful Kiss now.

Still, he is my exboyfriend-ish-drama-like man. I can't help but accept him when he comes crawling back. I'm sick I need help. At least I got Hyun Bin and Lee Min Ho.

As for those links, Hahaha,there was one picture there where he was carrying a baby, and I was thinking, not AWWW, how cute... but WOAH, that baby is so much chubbier than him, and how he finds the strength to carry him is beyond me.Hahahaha.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Dec 2nd, '10, 16:13

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 2nd, '10, 16:18

So I read that SISTARS is actually a 5-girl group, now I have the...
OK, I'll play nice...

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Dec 2nd, '10, 17:54

Ethlenn wrote:So I read that SISTARS is actually a 5-girl group, now I have the...
OK, I'll play nice...

HAHA!!!!! :lol So mean....but so true!!! :P

poonk
United States of America

Post by poonk » Dec 3rd, '10, 07:08

While I find all the kvetching about JGS rather odd (really, so much time devoted to it? Surely there are better things to do if you no longer like him for whatever reason), I for one just wanted to drop in and say that while watching the first few eps of Marry Me, Mary, for the very first time I actually saw his appeal. I think I sort of held a grudge against him for that Baby and Me movie, and even having tried to watch You're Beautiful I still couldn't see why he had fans, let alone fangirls (granted, I only made it through one episode; maybe it gets better?). So when I started watching MMM it was initially to see Kim Jae Wook; yet to my complete and utter surprise, I found myself wanting to see JGS's Moo Kyul more than anything. I actually like the so-called "effeminate" rock 'n' roll look on him; doesn't bother me a bit (especially when one considers that gender norms, especially in dress, are a completely artificial construct). Anyway, whatever he was like before (as a non-fan I have no idea), to me he's become much more interesting with this role and now I'm actually anticipating his take on Momo in the upcoming Kimi wa Petto film adaptation. :D
Last edited by poonk on Dec 4th, '10, 17:33, edited 2 times in total.

darcydevenus

Post by darcydevenus » Dec 4th, '10, 11:23

I am a diehard JGS FAN!!! I have seen him in several of his movies and several more of his dramas. The only reason not to watch him is if it is a melodrama! I absolutely love him. He has never ever ever ever failed to deliver. Those who didn't watch YAB all the way through have nothing to say about him. He pulls off whatever character he wants to. His acting is getting better and better as he gets older. I haven't started his new drama yet, but I can't wait to start it. I'm just waiting for a few more episodes to get subbed before I have a marathon. In fact, I am rewatching YAB for the 10th time. Just to hear my JGS sing love songs. His voice has a way of melting the coldest chocolate!!! I don't know why people always talk so much trash about him. He cares about his fans more than a lot of the other actors that I know of. I am just glad that I can say that I appreciate him. If there are people out there who don't, pity for you. And more for me!!!

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Dec 4th, '10, 16:59

Im kind of enjoying MMM so far... *ducks*

The acting isn't oscar worthy, but its enjoyable. and they make JGS more feminine looks into a running joke, which i find funny too :) but then again, theres Kim Jae Wook. he is the reason i'll probably keep watching it haha

MiiutaChan

Post by MiiutaChan » Dec 11th, '10, 16:47

Well, really now I don't know why you guys keep on criticising him, if you don't like him ok, leave the poor man to breath.:argue:
At least for his sleepless nights and days of work give him a break, look at your own lives and if you are perfect then I will agree with your continuous criticism, but if not get another ocupation and live the poor Geun Suk alone because he can't defend himself.
Sorry if I was too straight.

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 12th, '10, 02:49

I guess my friends are too tired to explain, but seriously, it kind of annoys me when people come out and say stuff like we don't have a life because we criticize the guy. Why? Because people are only allowed to express opinions if they like it? Are we no longer allowed to express a negative opinion anymore? I mean sure I still like the guy in his drama, but come on, the guy is slowly slipping into trap of idol sparkleness. Even I, the one who promised to be strong and find good in him in everything, is totally struggling now, and the only thing that's keeping me here is his smile and his voice, because daaaaymn Geun Suk, you've got one of the sexiest I've seen and heard.

It's a discussion thread about the guy. Negative criticisms are a part of the general opinion whether you like it or not.
And what pisses me off more, is that because people have gone out of their way to call them bashers they hardly come out and post anymore, and I don't get to have intelligent discussions with them anymore either. Urgh. Maybe that's why it annoys me, because I miss my unnies. Huhuhu :(
Last edited by janajee on Dec 12th, '10, 03:15, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 12th, '10, 03:13

Jana dear, no use explaining. that's how you do it.
MiiutaChan wrote:Well, really now I don't know why you guys keep on criticising him, if you don't like him ok, leave the poor man to breath.:argue:
At least for his sleepless nights and days of work give him a break, look at your own lives and if you are perfect then I will agree with your continuous criticism, but if not get another ocupation and live the poor Geun Suk alone because he can't defend himself.
Sorry if I was too straight.

Please start reading from page 1 or at least half way though this thread to get your answers. posters of this thread are too busy with life/work/studies to come and explain their reasons every time. :whistling:

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 12th, '10, 03:17

Ate Issssssssyyyyyyy!

I miss hanging out here with everyone. Ate Ethlenn, Ate Ara, Ate Orion, Ate Aili...... AWWWWW. I'm missing everyone badly. I hate this whole different time zone thing, and now.... now the fangirls are even taking away my only portal to talk to you guys. :(

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 12th, '10, 04:32

Jana, love, you won't lose us just cause we don't bother with Keun Suk or his disrespectful fangirls anymore. :D
There are many threads we can be active at and you won't lose your unnies any time soon. So no fear, love. ^^

And since this is his thread, I'll just say that I had every intention to keep track of his works if Mary was good.
No matter what he is as a star or a person, good acting and professionalism would keep me going still.

In Mary, I don't see an actor in a character anymore. I see an idol and entertainer trying to promote his image.
Since there is nothing left for me to admire, I simply move on. I find actors who act for me, not for themselves.
If the situation ever changes, I'll be back to watching his works. I got no grudge against the man. Just his "now".

And if that ain't enough for you, well tough. Go read the whole thread before you go into a hissy fit and complain.
Or just keep complaining. It's your right to complain and disrespect others. Just as it's my right to leave. Byyye. :thumright:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 12th, '10, 08:46

Jaaaaanaaaaa wuv
I know dear. Time difference is a pain. But I have been busy and I think other unnies too that's why it's been quiet lately.

poonk
United States of America

Post by poonk » Dec 12th, '10, 10:51

janajee wrote:It's a discussion thread about the guy. Negative criticisms are a part of the general opinion whether you like it or not.
Honestly janajee, it's not the odd negative comment that provoked me enough to post in this thread in the first place, it's the non-stop negativity. As I mention in my previous post, I'm not a JGS fangirl who will defend anything the man does (I seriously disliked "Baby and Me," and I'm still only somewhat warming up to You're Beautiful now at ep08). I only glanced at this thread because his MMM character caught my eye and I found it full of about a year's worth of snide comments about his masculinity or lack thereof. I fail to see how 4 comments appreciating the man after all of that is somehow an onslaught of "disrespectful fangirls" and the like. I don't think anyone in this thread's recent history has been engaging in "hissy fits," nor do I recall the word "bashers" (or its equivalent) being thrown about (although the defensiveness is rather telling imo). It's just... getting old. If it were the odd, well-meaning criticism you speak of it would be one thing, but this seems to me like bored, unhappy negativity. I understand that you all may miss what you've come to view as a more personal type of thread but this is meant to be about the actor, not you, so being so actively unwelcoming to fans who actually like the guy is really unbecoming, frankly. That's my 2 cents.

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 12th, '10, 13:01

I have no problem if you like the guy, and I have never attacked anyone who liked something I didn't like, but it has been done many times before where there have been comments of lack of life because I expressed something I didn't like. My problem is why the negative reaction to us personally, our apparent lack of life, when we express something we don't like about the guy? I apologize, maybe, for the snide remarks about the fangirls that you may have read I said, but I will not apologize for not liking him and what he's doing to himself, especially since I love a lot of what he's done in the past, so the disappointment is pretty deep for me.

Also, I find it hard to believe that you've really read a year's worth of snide comments. I've been here for less than a year, and though I may have not been all kyaaaa about him, I have been playing nice at my very best, trying to look for things that I love about that guy. I'm constantly mentioning two things: his smile and his voice. His acting has never failed me, and I'm enjoying myself when it comes MMM. It's not awesome, not as awesome as some of his previous works (for me, of course, cause you have different tastes apparently), but it's good enough for me to keep on following it.

As for bashers, I'm sorry, but I was referring to another thread, the MMM thread if you'd care to know, and of course I'm being defensive. People are attempting to attack at a personal level, and I'd like to protect myself. You can say what you like about him, and you can even disagree with me, but try not to attack who we are, cause that's just not fair.

Also, I wasn't even talking to you, when I posted that first line, so it makes me wonder why you took it as if I was.

Edited:
You know what? I'm just going to go and leave this thread anyway. I had great fun while I was here, but now... well now, it has just ended up trying to defend my right to say things. So, yeah, bye. I can appreciate JKS with or without this thread. :)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 12th, '10, 14:35

Jana, sowwy for being a bad ate ;) - Im really busy atm, my job gets stressy towards the end of the year...
Hopefully I'll manage to be on more often in January...
As for JGS, I just had no reason to post here cause the guy doesn't interest me much atm.

As Ori said, we can keep talking in other threads, like the general actor's thread or chat on MSN, I'll get your messages even if I'm offline and I'll reply asap... :wub:

Hehe and I'm really already looking forward to City Hunter. If they don't kill the original story, I'm gonna kyaa with you then ;)

moll

Post by moll » Dec 12th, '10, 15:37

Kinda like this guy :wub:

His acting, smile, voice, bubbly personality...........

I like him with shorter hair and he really does need to put a bit of weight on - I think he looks so much better in You're Beautiful. Although I like his hair shorter I don't think he looks like a girl at all (and he certainly doesn't sound like one). Plenty of men have longish hair.

His clothes are sometimes a bit extreme, I've seen some outfits I'd like to throw on a bonfire and some hairstyles I'd like to get the scissors to but overall I think he's very watchable on screen. :goggle:

lees91

Post by lees91 » Dec 19th, '10, 13:02

hey.im one of JGS fan.i first saw him when i watched MMM ep 1 and that time i was like.dude,this guy look like a girl.. but because the storyline is quite impressive i manage to watch the drama until ep 9.later i realised he is not bad.he's quite handsome and hot.you just have to stare at him longer and youll find his handsome-ness.lol. and while waiting for the other episodes to be uploaded,i watched YAB since he's in the drama.and i was like DUDE HE'S REALLY HOT!! and his acting skill is good. so ever since then,im into jgs.ive watched some of his movies.like itaewon murder case and baby and i.but i havent watched BV.hehe.and then i found this thread.and yeah. i read some of the posts and some of you got ur points.like how he has transformed.but can someone summarised it for me? like why you guys dislike him because i saw some of you were his fans? i mean.why did he change?as you can see im a new jgs fan so i dont really know abt his transformation :) ..

jossah

Post by jossah » Jan 1st, '11, 07:59

moll wrote:Kinda like this guy :wub:

His acting, smile, voice, bubbly personality...........

I like him with shorter hair and he really does need to put a bit of weight on - I think he looks so much better in You're Beautiful. Although I like his hair shorter I don't think he looks like a girl at all (and he certainly doesn't sound like one). Plenty of men have longish hair.

His clothes are sometimes a bit extreme, I've seen some outfits I'd like to throw on a bonfire and some hairstyles I'd like to get the scissors to but overall I think he's very watchable on screen. :goggle:
I like guys with longish hair. But his hair in MMM is the same style as what I'm donning now and he wears it better so you can only imagine my frustration. LOL.
Anyway, I liked him in YB (sans the outfits and eyeliner), and he looked amazing in BV and his acting was good there, too (Sad that the story wasn't any good, though. Bleh.). I agree with what you said about his smile, he turns me to jell-o every time he flashes it. And his speaking voice is deep and sexy. However, the way he looks now is just way too much for me. His YB days I managed to let them slide coz he's a popstar there but in MMM he was supposed to be an indie rocker. The whole animal printed scarves, skinny jeans and multicolored tunics are just oh so wrong.

Nevertheless, acting wise, I think he's got potential based on his part projects. I'm just hoping that this whole fashion-icon wannabe thingy is just a phase and that he'll go back and focus on his acting career one of these days. He can start by changing his manager and company, I think. LOL.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 1st, '11, 08:59

jossah wrote:Nevertheless, acting wise, I think he's got potential based on his part projects. I'm just hoping that this whole fashion-icon wannabe thingy is just a phase and that he'll go back and focus on his acting career one of these days. He can start by changing his manager and company, I think. LOL.
to be honest, I lost all hopes after he picked MMM. he has been type casted for good now. unless he take drastic actions to shake off his current image that stayed with him since YAB days (which i just can't see it happing anytime soon as he seems to be SO in love with his look and his image) he will never get any other decent role. he will be forever acting as an idol star in dramas where he shows how beautiful his hair is and how he can melt women's heart by licking his lips and show the full potential of his S-lines.

I guess this would be a great news to his fangirls if it actually happens. and maybe even to him. but for others (me included) who saw a glimpse of his talent and were excited and counting to see him in more and more versatile characters in different genre dramas, is a HUGE disappointment.

well, 2011 is here already. I think i can put behind all real dramas that we had with him in 2010. i have been watching dramas for years (over 6 years) and during all past years i have never come across a particular actor that impresses and disappoints me so deeply like JKS has all in one year.

jossah

Post by jossah » Jan 2nd, '11, 06:54

Issy wrote:to be honest, I lost all hopes after he picked MMM. he has been type casted for good now. unless he take drastic actions to shake off his current image that stayed with him since YAB days (which i just can't see it happing anytime soon as he seems to be SO in love with his look and his image) he will never get any other decent role. he will be forever acting as an idol star in dramas where he shows how beautiful his hair is and how he can melt women's heart by licking his lips and show the full potential of his S-lines.
Those scenes in MMM showing him shirtless were really disturbing. His figure is even better than Moon's! LOL. :w00t:

He has to take drastic actions. NOW. If it's his agency's fault for letting him stray away like this, he better start putting his foot down and demand for better roles that will showcase his versatility as an actor. If it's his weird obsession with his girly face and figure that is to be blamed then his manager better start dragging him away from the mirror. Or better yet, give him the link to this thread so he'll know what we think of him now. LOL.

I sure hope JGS wakes up soon coz these teeny fangirls won't be giddy, giggling girls forever. And once they grow up and lose interest in him, what will he do? :-(

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 2nd, '11, 09:29

jossah wrote:If it's his weird obsession with his girly face and figure that is to be blamed then his manager better start dragging him away from the mirror. Or better yet, give him the link to this thread so he'll know what we think of him now. LOL.
Which was the reason we'd been b*tching like mad for months in this thread. Hoping we'd be heard and that he'd realize he's being an idiot and not a God born on Earth.
Alas, we're not fans. We're evil western bashers and antis. We don't belong in the worldwide fanbase which consists of 4 countries in Asia. The World, as they know it.

And well, when you've invested so much time and thought on someone because of that spark of potential you saw, only to have them ignore you and also take up Mary and enhance this stupid image...
A fan can only take so much and be so devoted before getting pissed for being ignored and even sometimes verbally abused because they try to help and do what's best for the actor. I just gave up.

jossah

Post by jossah » Jan 2nd, '11, 11:34

Orion1986 wrote: Alas, we're not fans. We're evil western bashers and antis. We don't belong in the worldwide fanbase which consists of 4 countries in Asia. The World, as they know it.
And well, when you've invested so much time and thought on someone because of that spark of potential you saw, only to have them ignore you and also take up Mary and enhance this stupid image...
A fan can only take so much and be so devoted before getting pissed for being ignored and even sometimes verbally abused because they try to help and do what's best for the actor. I just gave up.
Well, I'm not from a western country. I'm actually Asian, but I've got taste. LOL. No offense to other Asian fangirls but sometimes one has to draw the line between admiration and blind obsession.
I value/demand/require talent above anything else from artists that I watch. That is precisely why I got into Korean and Japanese dramas to begin with--too many untalented talents here in our local entertainment scene. Bleh.
Anyway, I'll go look for another Korean actor to watch out for. Hopefully we won't be subjected to any dismal dramas like MMM this year.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 2nd, '11, 16:31

jossah, I think we all need to know you better. A beam of hope in the world. The bigger world that 4-Country-World.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 2nd, '11, 16:51

Orion1986 wrote:Alas, we're not fans. We're evil western bashers and antis. We don't belong in the worldwide fanbase which consists of 4 countries in Asia. The World, as they know it.
OK, I have been reading this phrase on more than one occasion. can you enlighten me a bit more on this? :scratch:

:P sorry if you have and have missed it some where. as you know, i can't keep up with all of your conversations ladies. :mrgreen:

moll

Post by moll » Jan 2nd, '11, 17:31

jossah wrote:

Anyway, I'll go look for another Korean actor to watch out for. Hopefully we won't be subjected to any dismal dramas like MMM this year.
Well, I'll keep watching him for a while longer and hope he gets offered a role to show his acting potential (which he has IMPO). There were flashes of it in MMM but the script was so dire it was hard for any of the actors to shine :-(

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 2nd, '11, 17:37

Well, we keep seeing articles talking about "fans worldwide" and about how "the movie will be released worldwide" that then continue with "... rights have been sold to Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines."
We also see idols and actors etc thank their international fans and then refer to those countries. It feels like "international" and "worldwide" to them just means the rest of Asia and not the whole world.

No one really seems to acknowledge that there are fans in Europe or the U.S or any other place than East Asia. We are ignored when it comes to concerts, fanmeetings, DVD releases and even more.
I mean, I don't expect them to roll out a red carpet for us. We can't exactly match the millions of screaming fangirls they have there and all, but if you mention "international", do remember we're here too.

And yes, we should get to know you better, jossah. It's so hard to find Asian people who are not fangirls and are still willing and capable of talking about all these things. We've often grown desperate. XD

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 2nd, '11, 17:46

Orion1986 wrote:Well, we keep seeing articles talking about "fans worldwide" and about how "the movie will be released worldwide" that then continue with "... rights have been sold to Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines."
We also see idols and actors etc thank their international fans and then refer to those countries. It feels like "international" and "worldwide" to them just means the rest of Asia and not the whole world.

No one really seems to acknowledge that there are fans in Europe or the U.S or any other place than East Asia. We are ignored when it comes to concerts, fanmeetings, DVD releases and even more.
I mean, I don't expect them to roll out a red carpet for us. We can't exactly match the millions of screaming fangirls they have there and all, but if you mention "international", do remember we're here too.

And yes, we should get to know you better, jossah. It's so hard to find Asian people who are not fangirls and are still willing and capable of talking about all these things. We've often grown desperate. XD
ah i get it now, YOU ARE SO RIGHT Ori-chan. we are ignored for sure. but some how, i think they don't believe that someone from other part of world also know them and watch their dramas and movies. ooooor maybe, they have another definition when it comes to the word "international" :P