[Discussion] Ninkyo Helper

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
hey9

Post by hey9 » Aug 14th, '09, 00:15

I haven't watched Mei-chan, I'll check out the OST. Ninkyo's opening has this great gospel sound, I'm not sure if it makes me want to help old people or punch someone in the face XD

BTW, has anyone noticed in episode 3 before it cuts to the opening credits, this old woman pinching Hikoichi's nose and him batting her hand away? LMFAO it's so random!

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 14th, '09, 00:27

Ninkyo Helper Original Soundtrack will be released on September 9,2009. I'm sure it will include the opening, which I really like. :D

The ending theme though, I don't think will be included in the OST. The song is called Sotto Kyutto and it's the new SMAP single that will be released on August 26. This song was composed by Toshinobu Kubota (La La La Love Song from Long Vacation) and written by Asou Tetsurou (The writer for the movie Hotel Venus). I don't know about Mei-chan's song, but I don't think they have the same composers. So far, there's still no leak on Sotto Kyutto but it's been played on SMAP's radio shows a few time already. But not the full song though, usually they cut it before the end or talk over it. So I don't think the song is available for download now.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 14th, '09, 00:59

just checked wiki about its OST. as i thought, they do have same composer(s). but they have done many OSTs for different dramas. i am just wondering why these two have similarites.
anyhow, in my case, its opening theme makes me want to punch someone in the face. :P
btw, ep 6 is out on torrent now. :cheers:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 14th, '09, 01:44

hey9 wrote:First drama that I can recall watching with Tsuyoshi in it, although I became a fan when I heard he was drunk and naked in the park LOL
Are? How's that? :lol

If you just started becoming a fan, you should definitely watch other Tsuyoshi's dramas. He's an excellent actor. I recommend "Koi ni Ochitara", also starring Tsutsumi Shinichi and Tanihara Shosuke. He started out as good-innocent-naive guy, but then he became a scary-evil guy towards the end, in this drama.

Issy, you have really good hearing or music sense :D I didn't notice at all that it has similarity with Mei-chan's music although I just watched that drama abt a month ago. Yes, the OST composers for both Mei-chan and Ninkyo are Kano Shin-Takami Yu combi. This combi also composed HanaKimi OST. I'm a fan of Kano Shin's SekaChu-Byakuyakou-RyuseiKizuna OST, I also loved Takami Yu's 14sai no Haha OST. They are great composers.

As for the pairing, although I like Hikoichi-Hatori too, but I'm leaning towards Hikoichi-Riko more lately. Just seem to me, Hikoichi-Riko has this heat and chemistry together^^ But I can't imagine Hikoichi end up with anyone in the end, actually. So just one hug scene with Hikoichi-Riko would be more than enough for me. Oh wait, maybe one kissing scene too, LOL. In Tokudane interview, Tsuyoshi was asked by the host, "Will your character be romantically involved with Kuroki Meisa-san's character?". Tsuyoshi replied, "I don't know yet, but I want them to be romantically involved," :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 14th, '09, 11:48

I also have to say Ninkyo is my first Tsuyoshi's drama and i really like him in here. i like his acting style and now want to see more of his dramas.

now so tempted to watch Koi ni Ochitara as also has Tanihara too. 8)
as for its OST, i think i recognised it because Mei-chan is my fav drama and have seen it more than once. and LOVE its OST. :P

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 15th, '09, 01:02

Ep6
I wonder why Riko snatched away the cigarette Hikoichi was smoking right out from his mouth and smoke it herself, although she obviously never smoke before(since she coughed)? :lol
Kawaisou na... Riko... always looking at Hikoichi-Hatori from afar...

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 15th, '09, 10:38

yanie wrote:Ep6
I wonder why Riko snatched away the cigarette Hikoichi was smoking right out from his mouth and smoke it herself, although she obviously never smoke before(since she coughed)? :lol
Kawaisou na... Riko... always looking at Hikoichi-Hatori from afar...
Indirect kiss :mrgreen:

I noticed that she was also drinking the same drink (Black Coffee) that Hikoichi always drink too. It seemed to be too bitter for her taste.
Preview for the next episode looks interesting. Look like we'll get to know more about Hatori.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 17th, '09, 09:57

nnnc wrote:

I noticed that she was also drinking the same drink (Black Coffee) that Hikoichi always drink too. It seemed to be too bitter for her taste.
Ahaha... I thought so too. But I thought its kinda childish for someone look so mature like Riko :lol Maybe, she's actually just a normal teenage girl inside, then :roll

Really? She also drank the same coffee?? Thx, I didn't notice that :D

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Aug 20th, '09, 16:51

Issy wrote:
now so tempted to watch Koi ni Ochitara as also has Tanihara too. 8)
It's a very good one! I'd also recommend Boku no aruku michi because I would recommed that to anyone xD

hey9

Post by hey9 » Aug 26th, '09, 04:19

yanie wrote:
hey9 wrote:First drama that I can recall watching with Tsuyoshi in it, although I became a fan when I heard he was drunk and naked in the park LOL
Are? How's that? :lol
When I first heard the news, I lol'd pretty hard XD it's such a random thing, and you know he wasn't doing it for publicity. He looks like such a cool and collected guy, just imagining him running around naked in a park scaring old obaasans makes me laugh.

nnnc wrote:

Lol, totally! I thought that was so cute. Riko is quite the stalker, she's always hiding in the bushes lol. I'm waiting for the scene where Hikoichi catches her rifling through his garbage XD

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Aug 27th, '09, 22:13

what s the title of the short song at the beginning of every episode ? Is it SMAP song ?

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 28th, '09, 00:05

just finished watching ep7 now and i think it was best ep so far. i really liked this one. very emotional and touching story.
I am finding myself more and more liking Hikoichi. as Riko said, he has changed so much since first time he entered Taiyou centre.
as huge fan of kawai Ryuta, i loved this ep too because it was full of his sweet moments. the fact that he started working there so can help his mom when her dementia progresses is such mature decision for a boy at his age.
one thing i noticed is that Riko does not want/like Hikoichi to be/stay a helper. this is very natural considering their background. somehow i can see that Hikoichi will stay by Ryuta side to help him. really wanted Hatori x Hikoichi pairing but i don't think i will have it due to her illness. :cry:

lividlillies

Post by lividlillies » Aug 28th, '09, 00:09

@ fujitak: The SMAP song is "Sotto Kyutto" and is actually the ending theme. I think the single of it was released yesterday? The song you're looking for... is hard to find. I tried looking for it today, but I read here that it'll probably be on the OST (released Sept 9th) and I haven't even been able to figure out it's name. (sigh) It's depressing, because I really like the opening/insert theme for this!!

I'm totally on the HikoichixHatori fanboat~. If they don't end up together, I'll be disappointed. Even Ryota seems to be hinting at this relationship! >3<

I got one of my friends watching Ninkyo, and I think it was Ryota who sold her on it. I meant to just show her the ending of the first episode, where he asked to be Hikoichi's disciple, and then we ended up watching the next five episodes! He's so adorable! The fact that he can talk with his mouth so squished is amazing~ My friend and I tried it and we weren't as sucessful, lol.

I wish I wasn't so busy; I could watch the 7th episode! ;3;

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 28th, '09, 00:15

The fact that he can talk with his mouth so squished is amazing
you have no idea how many times i replayed this scene over and over because i could not have enough of Ryuta's kawaiiness. i can pinch his cheeks for ever and make him call me Aniki all day long. :P

ps. i want that start theme so badly too.
Last edited by Issy on Aug 28th, '09, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Aug 28th, '09, 00:16

^yeah this episode got me tearing up. Kato Seishiro is soo good, he's at par with Tsuyoshi. their scenes together are always memorable and they have the best chemistry in the series imho.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 28th, '09, 01:11

I was going to say that ep.7 was the best episode so far. But I just finished watching ep8 raw, and even with my limited Japanese I found myself liking that episode very much that it may be my favorite episode. Can't wait to watch it with sub. Riko was soooooooo cool in this episode.

About ep7 though. I also really want Hikoichi x Hatori pairing so much. No matter how cool Riko is, I can't see him looking at her like an equal. For me, she's more like a sister to him now. Though they really look good together at the end when they stood in front of the room and watched the old lady together. Oh wait...now I got pulled back to Hikoichi x Riko for a moment :P

And I love when Hikoichi and Ryota were together.
I really like the part when Hikoichi pulled Ryota out of the room to prevent him from reading the gossip on Hatori and later on sitting on the bench waiting for Ryota to bring him his drink :lol Hikoichi may look tough on the outside and treat Ryota harshly, but their relationship is sweet and he really care a lot about Ryota
And for ep8 that I watched raw, there were so many moments in this episode that makes me long for ep9 to come as soon as possible
It seemed that Izumi was trying to hide his tattoo under his armband and he was with the big boss. :goggle: Was he a yakuza as well? I've suspected for a while that there maybe more to his character. Several time that he fought with these guys, Izumi was strong and could hold his own against them, even with Hikoichi.

And the ending of ep8 and preview for the next episode was such a cliff hanger. Riko appeared in her yakuza persona and tried to revenge her underling by attacking the rival gang leader. Will Hikoichi and Riko fight each other in the next episode? Will their covers be blown? And Hikoichi x Hatori x Ryota going to a park together :wub: But what Hatori said to Ryota at the end of the preview for ep9 totally made my jaw dropped. :cry:
Last edited by nnnc on Aug 28th, '09, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 28th, '09, 15:35

now i am SOOO tempted to watch the raw version. :goggle: :pale:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 29th, '09, 02:16

Omg, so Hatori really said that in the Ep9 preview???
I thought she just haven't finished her sentence to Ryota, but after reading nnnc comment, I guess you're right, she asked, "Okaasan wa...?" in the tone as in "Where is your mother?". She has forgotten abt her son already?? T_T How come the illness progress so fast?
Episode 8 was great!! I love that yakuza old guy. Riko was cute when she kicked the table and got hurt herself^^

FYI, Kusanagi Tsuyoshi and Kuroki Meisa will have a cross talk in Bokura no Ongaku, 4 September.

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Aug 29th, '09, 15:47

I'm starting to wacth this dorama (ep 1)
seeing the rating was really great (10++), so I'm curious what kind of dorama this was :)
But after watch it, I think this dorama is great, hehehe...
So I'm continue to watch it ;)
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu :P

dgenoracle

Post by dgenoracle » Aug 31st, '09, 07:47

That thumping opening chorus song sounds to me like some church music... i heard it before somewhere when i was younger :unsure:

DSPanther

Post by DSPanther » Sep 3rd, '09, 19:48

yanie wrote:
nnnc wrote:

Ahaha... I thought so too. But I thought its kinda childish for someone look so mature like Riko :lol Maybe, she's actually just a normal teenage girl inside, then :roll

Really? She also drank the same coffee?? Thx, I didn't notice that :D
Well in an early episode, Riko admits that she hasn't had a single boyfriend so of course she's a bit inexperienced and immature when dealing with love!
Anyway, love this drama so far. Absolutely love Riko too! Tsubasa x Riko has to happen! ^^

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Sep 6th, '09, 08:46

Did they just switch writers all of a sudden? I was enjoying the show and the limited to use of cliches...

But, all of a sudden,
in the last episode, Yomugi loses her smarts... and even starts falling for the doucher, Takayama jr type.

Hattori Akira goes senile and forgets her son in a flash and tries to commit suicide... and someone magically got excellent shots of the fight and knew to send it to Haruna.

At least they kept it fresh with Izumi being revealed as a clan member. Looks like they're going for a quick wrap-up. Wish it built up a little better, but I'll definitely be along to catch the rest.

OnlyWish

Post by OnlyWish » Sep 6th, '09, 22:46

does anyone know the name of the song or the singer that washizu listens to in his room from ep8? lol it sounds like it's from the 70s or something but yea, if you know please tell me xD

lovecookie

Post by lovecookie » Sep 9th, '09, 12:45

episode 9 was awesome! despite of my lack of Nihongo education, this episode is one of my favorites so far! Washizu is a really cool character. AND YES, JUTTA IN A SUIT. :wub:

noobee

Post by noobee » Sep 9th, '09, 16:28

gotta watch this i guess

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Sep 12th, '09, 03:37

Go watch eps 9 now !! The sub is out.

God, I cried like mad when
the old main passed away
This gotta be a best show I have ever been in a while. Minus little nonsenses, sometimes
who the hell got those excellent shots in middle of the fight
[/spoiler]

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Sep 12th, '09, 08:38

sp4078 wrote: This gotta be a best show I have ever been in a while. Minus little nonsenses, sometimes
who the hell got those excellent shots in middle of the fight
From watching ep10 raw, it looks like there's more to this and we wouldn't know until the next episode (the finale).

About the pairing (spoiler from ep10)
looks like Hikoichi has feeling for Hatori and he's oblivious to Riko's feeling for him. But Riko is starting to annoy me in ep10 when she seemed to stalk Hikoichi and always pulled a long face every time Hikoichi had anything to do with Hatori or even when he tried to study about Hatori's illness. Come on, Riko-chan. I didn't expect you to be this type of lovesick high-school girl. If the man couldn't see how hot you are and didn't think of you more than a friend/sister, just ditch him and keep your cool as before. You're way cooler than this 8)
And because I can't say it enough. I love Ryota. HikoichixRyota chemistry is the best adult-child relationship I've ever seen in a drama in a long while.

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Sep 12th, '09, 15:23

nnnc wrote: About the pairing (spoiler from ep10)
looks like Hikoichi has feeling for Hatori and he's oblivious to Riko's feeling for him. But Riko is starting to annoy me in ep10 when she seemed to stalk Hikoichi and always pulled a long face every time Hikoichi had anything to do with Hatori or even when he tried to study about Hatori's illness. Come on, Riko-chan. I didn't expect you to be this type of lovesick high-school girl. If the man couldn't see how hot you are and didn't think of you more than a friend/sister, just ditch him and keep your cool as before. You're way cooler than this 8)

Heee... I dont think hikoichi has feeling or Hatori, maybe he just sincere, about ryota and her damn husband hehehe, and she got early dementia and will die soon, Riko only taught too much :-( , but I think Riko can feel relax because there's still a chance to win hikoichi's heart :P Go Go Riko Go GO!!! :cheers:
but kinda cannot imagine how can they be couple Lol.....they're act too cool XD Love them, Kuroki meisa did a really great job, very surprised that she can act really cool like that, and fits her very much

Oh my... I think every episode I cried, very touched XD
I wonder how they put an end about this dorama, looking forward for the LAST episode T___T

lovecookie

Post by lovecookie » Sep 13th, '09, 13:15

episode 10 was really good! lots of things are happening and i am getting more and more excited for the finale! hopefully the ending would be good and satisfying.
i really thought that riko would kiss hikoichi but she didn't. :( i think he's not going to end up with anybody now.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 19th, '09, 05:17

YESS!!!! Yes! Yes! The scene I've been wishing for since Ep1!

I don't care who Hikoichi actually has feelings for in the end, but the scene I wanted to happen, HAPPENED like the way I wanted it!!!
Can someone pls make an animated GIF of this scene? :P

noobee

Post by noobee » Sep 19th, '09, 05:23

this is a really nice drama

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 19th, '09, 09:07

yanie wrote:YESS!!!! Yes! Yes! The scene I've been wishing for since Ep1!

I don't care who Hikoichi actually has feelings for in the end, but the scene I wanted to happen, HAPPENED like the way I wanted it!!!
Can someone pls make an animated GIF of this scene? :P
OH YES, YES, YES,
I think i got what i wanted too because if i am reading you properly, you are saying that
Hikoichi has feeling for Hatori. right? :cheers: :cheers:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Sep 19th, '09, 10:02

I may be biased but how come I always love Hikoichi & Akira from the start. Maybe because of Ryota , idk :lol So I like the ending.
Riko's kiss is a like a goodbye one to me. I'm glad for what she becomes. She deserves it.
I love Hikoichi smile in the end when he realized Akira is still the old same, despite her illness :wub: That just pushed the right button in me I guess XD lol

lovecookie

Post by lovecookie » Sep 19th, '09, 14:07

just finished watching the finale and it felt a little rushed but at least things were wrapped up quite nice.
HIKOICHI X RIKO KISS WAS AWESOME, NGL. :cheers: I was waiting for something like that all throughout the series. I WANT A GIF!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 23rd, '09, 01:37

I made a music video that focuses on Hikoichi-Riko :P

Code: Select all

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KLUOCAWF
I used clips from ALL 11 eps, so there will be spoilers if you haven't finished watching this drama^^

The song is Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 24th, '09, 13:25

watched the last eps some nights ago and i also have to agree with everyone in saying that it was one of the best drama ending. eventhough it was a bit cliche but brought so much joy to my heart.
specially those last scenes with Hikoichi x Ryota x Hatori. one person who also liked through out the drama was Goro. his pairing was Haruna at the end was so cute and adorable.
great drama, great cast, great story and great ending. will love this drama for ever.
had to post this due to increasing number of Ryota fans here. :P
Attachments
Cute Ryota.jpg
Cute Ryota.jpg (83.57 KiB) Viewed 7516 times

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Sep 24th, '09, 14:25

yeah i became his fan too :P still little child but he do the act! awesome :-)
And yes, the ending quite fill my desire hiahaihaiha :lol
Nice drama, this could be one of best drama for me this year :cheers:
The OST Sotto Kyutto really fit this drama :wub:
Otsukaresama~

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Sep 25th, '09, 23:11

I watched 2 episode of this drama and it's really awesome. However, I'm reluctant to continue watching because I'm worried it'll make me feel really sad since I have a 96 year old grandma with dementia who brought me up. She is like a mother to me.

I saw the title of the 3rd episode where it says elderly abuse and I'm scared to continue. Do you think watching this series will depress me?

hey9

Post by hey9 » Sep 26th, '09, 16:41

fayewolf wrote:I watched 2 episode of this drama and it's really awesome. However, I'm reluctant to continue watching because I'm worried it'll make me feel really sad since I have a 96 year old grandma with dementia who brought me up. She is like a mother to me.

I saw the title of the 3rd episode where it says elderly abuse and I'm scared to continue. Do you think watching this series will depress me?
Honestly, it might. Some of the stories do not particularly end well. At the same time, I think it gives people food for thought on how they care for their own grandparents, as well as the elderly in general. The show ends pretty optimistically as well. That's pretty amazing your grandma is 96 years old!

I did think the ending was rushed, but I liked it. I wish they had a better explanation of how everyone was doing afterwards. Am I the only one annoyed that this show only got 15 extra minutes, while other shows that were nowhere near as good will get 30 extra minutes for their endings? Bleh. Anyways, I really enjoyed the series, my favorite of the season. Hope to see Ryuta in other dramas lol.

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » Sep 26th, '09, 19:23

Fayewolf I think I can understand you. I too am very careful about what I watch when I am considering japanese series or movies; sometimes they give their messages (about betrayal, abandonment, abuse, etc) so strong that I feel physical pain while watching.

That being said; I think you can watch this series without any concerns. This is basicaly a "feel-good" drama. The main-characters nearly always do the right thing, the bad guys are either punished or "see their bad ways and turn good" or something like that.

Have fun.

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Sep 27th, '09, 03:30

Great!! Thank you!! I would've hate to not watch this because the first 2 episode was so good! Thanks everyone.

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Sep 27th, '09, 04:30

Just finished this series, it was a great series really highly recommended. Love the ending and we got to see what happened to everyone at the end.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 27th, '09, 05:53

A great drama has just ended, that makes me feel sad but glad that I followed it episode by episode..
I think what made this drama a bit different is that it addresses a new perspective of Human drama... elderly, motherhood, a very precise amount of romance + comedy, besides yakuza of course. It does depress us sometimes, but for some good reasons so everything ends up safely!

The cast had a good chemistry which makes me hope to see them together again even in somewhere else.. the only thing that depressed me was that they didn't give the last episode enough time/explanation:
how did Yayoi from Heartfull Bird Company ended up with Masato?
what were their BOSS's real intentions? was it changing Hikoichi? or something related to Yakuza? if so, then the personality/beliefs of the new BOSS 'Riko' hasn't changed at all during the training!
I guess she's the only one who hasn't changed at all?!
I hope they had more scenes with the hospitalized Ryota.. or with the new BOSS's new life
her actions were really unpredictable XD but adorable

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 27th, '09, 06:10

Issy wrote:one person who also liked through out the drama was Goro. his pairing was Haruna at the end was so cute and adorable.
yes yes XD I really had to laugh when she hit him on the head lol she ended up becoming a yakuza herself :mrgreen:

Issy wrote: had to post this due to increasing number of Ryota fans here. :P
Ryota kawaaaaaiiiii , but his crying OMG XD XD

me will participate as well:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

and his best picture ever!
from the official website

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 27th, '09, 06:25

Aikawa Ringo wrote: The OST Sotto Kyutto really fit this drama :wub:
as expected from SMAP :wub:

Melusine

Post by Melusine » Sep 27th, '09, 06:31

I did really enhjoy this serie. it's light and at the same time pinpoint some problem we have with the care of the eldery.
On a other note, Does somebody know from whom it's the song we hear throught the serie :"all my soul" (I think)?

agape_x

Post by agape_x » Sep 27th, '09, 06:53

MisS Lonliah wrote:
what were their BOSS's real intentions? was it changing Hikoichi? or something related to Yakuza? if so, then the personality/beliefs of the new BOSS 'Riko' hasn't changed at all during the training!
Here's my interpretation.
BOSS's real intention was hinted in Izumi's words and why he was at Taiyo. (Maybe my translation was not clear but) Izumi said at the end that he learned the true meaning of NINKYODO. If you look at Ninkyo Movies from the 60's you will find what real Ninkyo is. Of course at times they went against authorities (in many cases because the authorities became corrupt) but otherwise do everything within their power to protect the weak and poor. Even at the cost of their own life. People depended on the Yakuza. But as time passed, the true meaning of Ninkyo was lost and many Yakuzas had become a freightening existence to many due to their abuse of power.

As for Riko, I think she changed. Before the training she was just a Boss of her group because she was forced to be. Had no confidence as a girl leader and didn't care much for her group. But at the end she said that she "must" protect her group. She had confidence, cared for her group (willing to give up her first love) and above all she gained her group's respect (as seen in the last fighting scene) even before she was appointed as the new leader. She also admitted that she was scared to leave Taiyo which means she did not want to return to the Yakuza world where she would take advantage of the elderly.
I hope this makes sense.

@OnlyWish: The song that Washizu played is called 'Kassai' by Chiaki Naomi. (喝采 ちあき なおみ) You can find it on youtube. She has a nice deep voice =)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 27th, '09, 07:25

agape_x wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:
Here's my interpretation.
BOSS's real intention was hinted in Izumi's words and why he was at Taiyo. (Maybe my translation was not clear but) Izumi said at the end that he learned the true meaning of NINKYODO. If you look at Ninkyo Movies from the 60's you will find what real Ninkyo is. Of course at times they went against authorities (in many cases because the authorities became corrupt) but otherwise do everything within their power to protect the weak and poor. Even at the cost of their own life. People depended on the Yakuza. But as time passed, the true meaning of Ninkyo was lost and many Yakuzas had become a freightening existence to many due to their abuse of power.

As for Riko, I think she changed. Before the training she was just a Boss of her group because she was forced to be. Had no confidence as a girl leader and didn't care much for her group. But at the end she said that she "must" protect her group. She had confidence, cared for her group (willing to give up her first love) and above all she gained her group's respect (as seen in the last fighting scene) even before she was appointed as the new leader. She also admitted that she was scared to leave Taiyo which means she did not want to return to the Yakuza world where she would take advantage of the elderly.
I hope this makes sense.

yah yah it makes a lot of sense now *refreshing memory*
your translation was perfect :-)
I guess the problem is that I couldn't combine/memorize all of these ideas that u mentioned in my head during those three months XD this confusion usually occurs with me when I don't watch the whole episodes at once
some dramas keep repeating some scenes so that we can remember them, and when they overdo it, it really becomes annoying... other dramas like Ninkyo Helper never repeated a single sentence.. so anyway, my bad.. thanks a lot for being a great Helper again :)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 27th, '09, 07:43

ah so
what happened basically was to teach them how to be better NINKYODOs
Hikoichi became a more gentle Yakuza
and Riko became a strong and confident girl leader
I hope if there was an episode about Izumi or at least something about his past, so that *clumsy people like me* could understand more! lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 27th, '09, 09:11

need to ask, any news about its OST and if its been out or not? I really really really want the opening theme.

@Mis S Lonilah
your sigi is just SOOO HOOOOOOOT!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 27th, '09, 09:56

Issy wrote:need to ask, any news about its OST and if its been out or not? I really really really want the opening theme.

@Mis S Lonilah
your sigi is just SOOO HOOOOOOOT!
you mean 'all my soul'?
the OST is already out: Release Date Sep 09, 2009

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9x-49-en-70-3hr6.html
and I'm searching for it too, but couldn't find any download links for it yet :(

Thanks, i made it deliberately hot :P

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Sep 27th, '09, 10:55

i hope they will give us a proper end with SP episode

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Sep 30th, '09, 14:05

Yeah I'll be waiting for the SP too, I hope there's a bit Izumi's Past and what goin on after the ending in the drama :-)
I want the "All My Soul" opening theme tooo :cry:

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 5th, '09, 16:01

all thanks to sakaban ljfor uploading the OST. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

been listening to All my Soul non-stop since morning. :thumright:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 6th, '09, 00:16

This article from a rumor media says Ninkyo Helper The Movie has been decided!!

http://entamegeinounotubo.seesaa.net/article/129324311.html
Will premiere around summer next year^^ Hope its true^^

Yay, thanks, Issy, for the OST link!!^o^

cheng83

Post by cheng83 » Oct 6th, '09, 23:20

Hi there,

Sorry for this silly question but how actually can we download the ost?

Thanx for the help!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 7th, '09, 06:03

@Issy: thanks for the link, but unfortunately it says " Error, You are not authorized to view this protected entry." XD

@cheng83: that's why u can't download the OST from that link for the time being...

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Oct 7th, '09, 07:35

MisS Lonliah and cheng83

You have to be a member of that community first before you can see the entry and download the OST from there. It's not too hard to join and you don't have to answer any question or write any essay. :D You can just click to join the community and that's it. http://community.livejournal.com/jdramas/

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 7th, '09, 08:10

@nnnc: :D done!!!!! thanks a lot for your help .. I didn't know that I had to join the jdramas community..

cheng83

Post by cheng83 » Oct 10th, '09, 16:23

thanx for the help nnnc!

hey9

Post by hey9 » Oct 10th, '09, 16:55

OST is out and rumors of a movie? Waaaaahhhh~ good way to start the weekend XD

Romance

Post by Romance » Oct 21st, '09, 22:14

Definately one of the best dramas of 2009! Cant believe its owatta :cry:

sampahmel

Post by sampahmel » Oct 22nd, '09, 18:45

Can you guys kindly post the link to the Ninkyo Helper Opening Theme please. I joined the community but I could not find the song. Thanks.

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Mar 6th, '10, 16:37

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 17th, '10, 23:46

The rumor is Fuji terebi will air Ninkyo Helper SP this fall. No official announcement yet but this leaked photo is enough to prove that it's true :thumleft:

I'm excited. This was my favorite drama of 2009. Can't wait to see Tsubasa Hikoichi again 8)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 18th, '10, 00:05

That would be awesome!! will be waiting for the confirmation! Many thanks, nnnc!

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 18th, '10, 00:16

That is awesome news indeed!

Lol is Hikoichi holding some senior citizen gate ball players up at knife-point? :D (Actually, after taking a better look, it's probably a piece of paper he's holding.)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 2nd, '10, 22:22

“Ninkyo Helper” special episode to be broadcasted in January

It’s been reported that “Ninkyo Helper“, a 2009 drama series starring SMAP’s Kusanagi Tsuyoshi, will be broadcasting a special episode on January 9th. “Ninkyo Helper” is a drama about a Yakuza member, ‘Hikoichi’ who was sent to the “Taiyo” care home in order to work as a social worker. The drama series pulled an average viewer rating of 15%, and also received the “Best Drama Award” at the International Drama Festival in Tokyo.

In this special episode, it will mainly be about Hikoichi who quit the Yakuza, and Akira (Natsukawa Yui) who is struggling with early-onset Alzheimers. It will also feature the future of Yomogi Riko (Kuroki Meisa) and the staff at “Taiyo”. Additionally, Mimura will also make an appearance as a case worker.

source: tokyohive

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 3rd, '10, 01:51

Oh yeah I did read about that on TK.. Meisa is gonna be busy in all of these SPs

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 3rd, '10, 03:21

Awesome, cant wait! Really loved the series :-)

Romance

Post by Romance » Feb 5th, '11, 11:01

So you guys liked the special? 8)

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Feb 6th, '11, 07:01

I liked it but the ending was a bit... I dunno. Wasn't fulfilling exactly. I would have liked to see him get beat up honestly >_> Because that part just seem really empty.... But overall it wasn't bad

hey9

Post by hey9 » Feb 21st, '11, 19:15

Wow...most depressing SP ever. Moving on....

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Feb 23rd, '11, 20:23

end of SP...how to say it..very too sad but stick to reality.
yakuza couldn't raise properly the child.

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Aug 8th, '11, 11:12

An incredibly strong series. The premise and first 20 minutes of the opening episode was absurd and so silly I almost turned off... but once I got past that I was hooked and watched all the episodes and special in one whole sitting.

I am in awe.

With regards to the Special:
Yeah it was very sad. Mainly because the show transgressed and had unncessary consequences.

I thought the main guy going back to Yakuza and the womans death felt very tagged on. Especially as we were also cheated out of his battle scene.

If they really wanted to show a true transgression and a poignant ending- it'd have made sense to have seen an epic battle and him taking out as many Yakuza before dying in the process. But of course, that's a very different tone, and they wouldn't have the balls to kill off our lovable main character.

I'd have liked to have it ended like the TV show to be honest. The special was unnecessary and tainted it abit.