Upload Addict

Dream High (KBS, 2011)

Post by esmer86 » Jan 3rd, '11, 20:48

Details from Dramawiki:
Title: 드림하이 / Dream High
Genre: School, romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2011-Jan-03 to 2011-Feb-??
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55

Synopsis
Six students at Girin Art High School work to achieve their dreams of becoming stars.

Cast
Kim Soo Hyun as Song Sam Dong
Taecyeon as Jin Guk
Suzy as Go Hye Mi
Ham Eun Jung as Yoon Baek Hee
Wooyoung as Jason
IU as Kim Pil Suk
Uhm Ki Joon as Kang Oh Hyuk
Lee Yoon Ji as Shi Kyung Jin
Jun Ah Min (전아민) as Jo In Sung
Han Ji Hoo as Park Do Joon
Yoon Young Ah as Lee Ri Ah
Park Jin Sang (박진상) as Jun Tae San
Kim Bo Reum (김보름) as Ha So Hyun
Bae Yong Joon as Jung Ha Myung (cameo ep 1-4)
Park Jin Young (박진영) as Yang Jin Man
Lee Yoon Mi as Maeng Seung Hee
Baek Won Kil (백원길) as Gong Min Chul
Ahn Kil Kang as Ma Doo Shik
Ahn Sun Young as Kang Oh Sun
Lee Hye Sook as Song Nam Boon
Choi Il Hwa as Hyun Moo Jin
Park Hyuk Kwon (박혁권) as Go Byung Jik
Jung Min Joo (정민주) as Jung Ah Jung
Lee Byung Joon as Shi Bum Soo
Ahn Seo Hyun as Go Hye Sung
Kim Hyun Joong as himself (cameo)
Jo Soo Mi (조수미) as herself (cameo, ep 1)
JOO (주)

Production Companies: KeyEast, JYPE, and CJ Media
Last edited by esmer86 on Feb 1st, '11, 17:54, edited 2 times in total.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 3rd, '11, 20:52

For me...I hope this one turns out to be good. :-) I just hope that it doesnt make me seriously angry at the entertainment industry on how they treat their "stars." :x

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '11, 21:10

Oh, I see rather High School Musical thingy than real view on entertainment industry. We all know how it treats its stars... :whistling:

csillibilli112

Post by csillibilli112 » Jan 3rd, '11, 21:12

I hope that as welll .. finger cross...

aility

Post by aility » Jan 3rd, '11, 21:30

isnt it a Fame meets High school musical-ish? I am actually a bit excited about this, mostly because I hope to sport some awesome dance-moves or singing. And maybe, just maaaybe, some decent acting :whistling:

Start off the new year by being optimistic :mrgreen:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 3rd, '11, 21:54

aility wrote:isnt it a Fame meets High school musical-ish? I am actually a bit excited about this, mostly because I hope to sport some awesome dance-moves or singing. And maybe, just maaaybe, some decent acting :whistling:

Start off the new year by being optimistic :mrgreen:
I too think its going to be a High school musical thingy. I guess I could live with that even though High School musical was just a little too..."cheesy?" :crazy: I just hope the whole dance/singing wont come off to cheesy in this show but something like...more adultish.... :blink Did anybody get that? haha :P

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jan 3rd, '11, 21:57

I hope its good one ...I missed seen Korean High school dramas :P

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 3rd, '11, 22:11

Let's hope they don't screw everything up.

Yon Sama

Post by Yon Sama » Jan 3rd, '11, 22:19

i tihnk it is so nice drama...
Bae Yong Joon shi was shining first ep...
But he will be in drama only 4 ep. :(

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Jan 4th, '11, 03:10

Is there going to be a group subbing this show?

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 4th, '11, 03:50

Jav_sol wrote:Is there going to be a group subbing this show?
Haru2subs has this listed as a drama they probable will translate.

heyitssjay

thanks

Post by heyitssjay » Jan 4th, '11, 04:31

thanks!

moll

Post by moll » Jan 4th, '11, 22:02

I think Bae Yong-joon looks a lot like Lee Phillip.

Wonder if they've used the same plastic surgeon? :scratchchin:

Sorry, couldn't resist :fear:

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Jan 4th, '11, 22:15

well i will keep watchig that drama for the first 4 epi if i got hooked up i will continue to watch if not i will drop it coz i only gonna watch it coz of bae young joon

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Jan 5th, '11, 00:22

esmer86 wrote:Haru2subs has this listed as a drama they probable will translate.
Ok, Thanks. I must have missed it when I checked their page. :doh:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 5th, '11, 14:10

Watched the first episode with subs. I don't know... didn't get hooked yet but wasn't so bad that I wouldn't continue. I noticed a few k-pop names but I don't really know who to root for. Lets see what happens when the school starts. :-)

aility

Post by aility » Jan 5th, '11, 14:21

I just saw the first two episodes, and cannot say that I got drawn in either. Something is missing, but I am not sure what... But ep.2 was def better, with the entrance of Kim Soo hyun.

Suzy is being pretty annoying, and the acting is.... Her baby sister on the other hand is ADORABLE! Taecyon is alright though.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 5th, '11, 23:23

Is anybody interested in the HANrel version for episode 2? Its available now so if some of you all want it then just let me know.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 6th, '11, 11:23

Hmm, the first episode was bland. I actually went to make some coffee in the middle, and that's bad. Still hesitant to drop this. Maybe there will be some kissing in the future?
Actually scratch that... BYJ and JYP involved=no kissing...

aility

Post by aility » Jan 6th, '11, 11:41

I have an ambigenous view on BYJ... His "facial expressions" (which are non-existent) kinda freaks me out.

Didnt he do some kissing scenes in Winter sonata inbetween all the crying? might be some kissing since the JYP President is in it, I mean, c'mon, it is a teen drama! But whether it will be worth-to-watch kissing scenes is a totally different matter.

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Jan 6th, '11, 19:37

i agree with ya all i didn't get hooked :blink BYJ facial expression was soooo cold he seems like if he got botox or something and i bet ya most of us r watching this series for byj only as main reason loool :P
i will wait for another couple of epi to see if it gonna get better or not if not i will drop it i already got another stuff to load

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 8th, '11, 21:46

Ethlenn wrote:Hmm, the first episode was bland. I actually went to make some coffee in the middle, and that's bad. Still hesitant to drop this. Maybe there will be some kissing in the future?
Actually scratch that... BYJ and JYP involved=no kissing...
There will be, I know. Taekyeon even said that he really wanted to do a kissing scene in the drama, a while back, so I think that they will make him do it ;D

2 episodes... I'm not gonna say that it's a peace of crap, because this still beats MMM. I got a little bit, a tiny bit hooked. I was quite bored through the episodes. Suzy was just... cmon she can't act or something, it just didn't have ANY feeling. Taekyeon was quite ok but his character was just too... I don't even know how to describe it. Eunjung too. Director-guy was just too drama-ish - like the perfect guy who will get everything under control and know everyone etc - just too perfect. Wooyoung - wannabe Michael Jackson... and his character seems to be over board too. Just too "cool". And a poor guy(Taekyeon) drives a very good motorcycle with gps? That just doesn't make a lot of sense, you know.

I'm quite dissapointed, good thing that I didn't get my hopes up. At the moment, this just seems like a drama for fan-girls and fan-boys, who don't care about acting, plot or anything else. To be honest, if I'd see just like 1 or 2 episodes per week and on TV, then I could even watch MMM till the end. :mrgreen:

By the way - people who audition to entertainment companies really have to dance that well and sing like very, very good?

moll

Post by moll » Jan 12th, '11, 01:14

Neliets wrote: 2 episodes... I'm not gonna say that it's a peace of crap, because this still beats MMM.

I'm quite dissapointed, good thing that I didn't get my hopes up. At the moment, this just seems like a drama for fan-girls and fan-boys, who don't care about acting, plot or anything else.
Have to disagree with you here - this is far worse than MMM :P

Agree with your views on the acting, etc. The only part I liked in this episode was where Taecyon & Hye Mi pretended to listen to music together!

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jan 12th, '11, 14:33

I have watched three episodes with subs, and getting ready to watch the fourth with girlfriday's synopsis, and I totally agree with her when she wrote, "Hello, new crack! I’m totally loving this drama right now...'", so far I am liking it, and it is so cute.

Yes, Suzy sucks but I really love Eun Jung's acting. Too bad IU is stuck being a fat suit.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jan 13th, '11, 12:18

I don't know. I really don't know... I've been curious but considering as I really liked MMM, I might even end up liking this... but still I'm not sure as to whether I'll download this or not... My space in my external harddrive is... well lacking to say the least. Hahahaha

bigsoccer

Post by bigsoccer » Jan 13th, '11, 13:25

DarkSmurf Community Subtitle is. The fastest English Subtitle release.

All 4 ep subtitles have been out. Usually 1 day after it aired in Korea.

http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index ... -releases/

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jan 13th, '11, 15:49

bigsoccer wrote:

Make sure they are 100% edited though, because they really need it, so I always wait until then.

bigsoccer

Post by bigsoccer » Jan 15th, '11, 11:44

wmcnair370 wrote:
bigsoccer wrote:

Make sure they are 100% edited though, because they really need it, so I always wait until then.
Yup. Lucky Dream High is a popular series which mean it will be edited really fast. About 2-3 hours after its public release. Same with My Princess and Secret Garden.

I quite enjoy Dream High. Though I wish there could be more music similar to Glee. 2-4 songs per episode perform by the cast.

For example at the start of ep 4, that could be a 2-3 minutes performance of Bad Girl, Good Girll. Wasted opportunity.

bigsoccer

Post by bigsoccer » Jan 18th, '11, 12:22

Best episode of Dream High to date (ep 5).

More singing please.....

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 18th, '11, 19:02

Yep, the most interesting EP is 5, at least for now.

I just loved the SNSD - Genie cover ;D

But, I just feel petty for them, they have to act in cold(their breath shows). Sadly, it seems that no one has informed them that singing in cold is quite bad for voice ;]

Drama is quite plain, I'd have to say, but I'll continue to watch just because of my dear idols. ;D

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 18th, '11, 22:37

Neliets wrote:But, I just feel petty for them, they have to act in cold(their breath shows). Sadly, it seems that no one has informed them that singing in cold is quite bad for voice ;]
I have to agree with you there Neliets! I kept thinking about that for like the last couple of episodes! Dont they have some type of heaters in that place/school of theirs! This drama has NOT struck me as OH MY GOD I HAVE TO SEE IT but its still watchable to me. But I havent seen episode 5 nor 6 yet and Ive been reading in some posts that episode 5 has been the best one so lets see. :salut:

moll

Post by moll » Jan 19th, '11, 21:52

This suddenly got better for me this week - really funny in parts.

It's been a long time since I've heard Almost Paradise :rofl:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 25th, '11, 21:41

No Dream High today. The Asian Soccer games will be airing instead. Sorry viewers! :-(

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 28th, '11, 03:52

It looks like Dream High is going to aire a special episode on March 1st because of the Asian games over playing on its usuall Tues. They wanted to extend it by one more episode but because of everyones schedule it didnt seem like they could do it so they are just going to make a special. You can check it here at allkpop I guess there has gotta be some idol fans out there thats happy about this. :D

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 30th, '11, 16:29

btw, while watching 7th episode where Wooyoung and IU were in Noraebang, I thought - damn, it'd be better if Junsu would be there not Wooyoung.

And another thought - Suzy is not that pretty, not cute, not beautiful... but I do like her chubby face, it's quite refreshing, since most of the celebrities are very thin and so.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 1st, '11, 17:26

Sorry for double post but I'm feeling that this topic has died a bit so I'll bring it up.

To be honest, this drama makes me think so much... I have never thought so much while watching drama, probably. Mostly about stupid things, such as age difference between Taekyeon and Suzy... LOL. And quite stupid script but I have to watch this, only because of the idols that are in. ;D

Nayomaise

Post by Nayomaise » Feb 1st, '11, 20:08

Can I just say that IU is so absolutely adorable, even before her transformation. Maybe it's because I have a soft spot for chubby girls nourishing huge crushes, but I've totally fallen in love with her character. And her acting is totally believeable as well. I'm impressed.

Varyalanis

Post by Varyalanis » Feb 2nd, '11, 19:02

Nayomaise, I absolutely agree with you, IU is absolutely adorable as Pil Sook. Definitely my favourite character.

And I can't imagine I am the only one fangirling like crazy over this drama...
It has idols, dancing, singing, drama and some decent acting (there is development!), plus budding romances, bromances and a truly good triangle relationship. I don't know who to root for...

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Feb 4th, '11, 17:31

Nayomaise wrote:Can I just say that IU is so absolutely adorable, even before her transformation. Maybe it's because I have a soft spot for chubby girls nourishing huge crushes, but I've totally fallen in love with her character. And her acting is totally believeable as well. I'm impressed.
I am totally addicted to IU ever since I heard Good Day. Started watching thir for Eun Jung, staying for IU. Pil Sook is so cute and adorable.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Feb 5th, '11, 05:53

I saw ep 3&4 and in someway I skipped ep 1&2 and I really liked the drama ....I think I'll keep download it :D
the main girl is awesome I think I'm gonna be her fan and hope her character don't change XD

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 8th, '11, 17:43

Damn, it could be good but it lacks something, or something screws up everything. WHY?!
like in the 10th episode where they went to that concert. Sorry, but, please, stop with the stupid shet?

But, Imho, they did a good job making Go Hyemi and Yun BaekHee friends again. What I mean is not that it's a good thing but how they made it, not excellent but not bad either.

ahahahaha, I really had a good laugh looking at them drinking JUICE after the concert ;DDDDD Damn, are they in kindergarten?

I like both teachers, though(except when they talk cheezy stuff). And how the teacher misundrstood teacher Kang ;DD

Sadly, I don't like Hyemi's relationship with SukHyun(or how was Taekyeon called later?), I don't know why, either.

And the 10th episode ending was just too cliche....

Nayomaise

Post by Nayomaise » Feb 8th, '11, 21:15

How can anyone NOT like this show? I mean, the acting could be better (Taecyeon, Suzy - I'm talking to you), but the story is pretty solid. It's about a performing arts high school where Korean idols are groomed so of course some of their activities will be sketchy, but if you focus on the relationships between the characters, there's a lot to love.

And so far the writers are doing a great job of keeping the ending a mystery. I can't figure out what will happen next. Although if Pilsook and Jason don't get together soon, I'm gonna throw a tantrum.

jossah

Post by jossah » Feb 9th, '11, 14:04

Is Deam High really good? I'm still undecided whether I'll watch this. I have an impression that it's kinda like Glee and I don't watch that drama coz I find it too hyped up. Please tell me I'm wrong. :D

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 12th, '11, 04:11

i would try the first episode and see if it is to your taste. I love it but I also love singing and dancing shows. I don't however like glee and I don't think it is like that at all.

aility

Post by aility » Feb 14th, '11, 12:06

I wouldnt say Dream High is really good or good even, but it isnt bad either. It is just enjoyable, kinda...
I mean, you have a drama consisting purely of idols, almost. it has its charms. JYP is really funny, Kim soo Hyun is an awesome actor. IU is just a bundle of charm. But uhm... well, it is my guilt-pleasure nowadays.

so if you got no other dramas to watch, it is a way of killing time :mrgreen:

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Feb 14th, '11, 16:12

I agree with aility. I know some people call it their crack-drama but I don't feel that way about it. It's good enough to watch, entertaining and enjoyable but for me, it's not something I think about much and I have the last two episodes downloaded with subs but haven't watched. I figure I'll marathon next week or whenever.

loki88

Post by loki88 » Feb 18th, '11, 07:53

<3 <3 <3

aility

Post by aility » Feb 18th, '11, 09:51

Have to say that JYP simply cracks me up!!!

And how cute is really Jason and Pil Suk =)

Otherwise, Uhm... not much to say. And I guess the interest for Dream High is not really high at DA, unlike JB where people are going all gaga over it :D

Viande

Post by Viande » Feb 18th, '11, 10:41

Maybe it was bad first two episodes, slow start or something. I finally got my self back to watch it and it actually became much more interesting at 3rd episode.
Wooyoung/Jason :wub:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 21st, '11, 09:09

Neliets wrote:To be honest, this drama makes me think so much... I have never thought so much while watching drama, probably. Mostly about stupid things, such as age difference between Taekyeon and Suzy... LOL. And quite stupid script but I have to watch this, only because of the idols that are in. ;D
I have no idea about the age difference between Taekyeon and Suzy, but it is clear how OLD Taekyeon really looks but they still try to pass him up as Teenager which is kind of funny and passable at the same time. At least they do try hard to make Taekyeon look younger (unlike in Cinderella's sister where they are trying to make him OLDER.)

Contrary to your reasons for watching, I watched dream high because I HAVE NOTHING else in my list aside from MY PRINCESS since it seemed like all kdramas has turned out to be too sappy, too heavy or too non-humorous at all for this season. Then i learned about this drama from Javabeans and told myself... "Will i like this singy-singy-dancy sort of show?" FYI, i would have appreciated it all if this was about PUNK-ROCK-ALTERNATIVE-INDIE? (Which Mary Stayed Out All Night offered but had an EPIC FAIL on portraying the theme.) I only know Taekyeon from Cinderella's sister, Eun Jung from Coffee House and Kim Soo Hyun from Will it Snow on Christmas? and all of these are from previous dramas. The rest of the cast... i don't remember or I don't care enough to know, except for that principal who was part of "Secret Garden" cast as a antagonist too. (he makes me smile and want to strangle him at the same time) Me watching this, was me not having any IDEA that all of them were Idols casted in a kdrama role. I initially wanted to know if the previous 3 actors i have mentioned have grown into good actors. My first dibs was really on Soo Hyun because his acting was already great in WISOC drama.

After looking it up until episodes 2, i hated JB for a few weeks for making me watch it in the first place and decided to put this drama on the NOT TO CONTINUED drama section in my HD... BUT after reading more of her recaps, maybe i was just missing the whole picture. since her recaps where making me laugh and get annoyed without even watching. so i TRIED AGAIN and became addicted and have just finished episode 13 and now craving for more.
jossah wrote:Is Deam High really good? I'm still undecided whether I'll watch this. I have an impression that it's kinda like Glee and I don't watch that drama coz I find it too hyped up. Please tell me I'm wrong. :D
It's sad how this drama is under appreciated here in DA. IT IS A GOOD drama. I'm vouching for it.

It's only a pain in the first 3 episodes but you have to bear with it because that's where the story begins. (like every good drama, the beginning is always a good mark for a good story line.) as for the sing-songy theme... check out my rant above. Believe me. I AM NOT A KPOP fan but still ended up liking this series and I DO NOT watch GLEE too. so i'm totally with you on that. the story goes better and better as the episodes go on. ^_^v
Nayomaise wrote:How can anyone NOT like this show? I mean, the acting could be better (Taecyeon, Suzy - I'm talking to you), but the story is pretty solid. It's about a performing arts high school where Korean idols are groomed so of course some of their activities will be sketchy, but if you focus on the relationships between the characters, there's a lot to love.

And so far the writers are doing a great job of keeping the ending a mystery. I can't figure out what will happen next. Although if Pilsook and Jason don't get together soon, I'm gonna throw a tantrum.
I STRONGLY agree with your statement above. It is a good show and very much under appreciated. Maybe when they do re-runs the ratings would go higher? hmmmm.... and I'm sort of mystified as to who K is. I'm choosing between Gin Sook and Sam Dong...
but on episode 13 the K necklace was given to Gin SOok. so maybe it's really him? and I also have this theory that all of them will be hitting the charts (maybe Hye-Mi would even make it as an opera singer) but all in all I'm betting that they'll all end up as stars. not just this K they are hyping about in the first episode. Beak Hee might also have her break even in all the evilness she's done in the past. Hye-Mi wasn't a saint either previously.... so yeah. that's my theory for the ending.
Oh and yeah... not forget Pil Sook and Jason!!!! they are just cute. CUTE I say! :wub:

aility

Post by aility » Feb 22nd, '11, 18:30

biniBningPunkista wrote:
Contrary to your reasons for watching, I watched dream high because I HAVE NOTHING else in my list aside from MY PRINCESS since it seemed like all kdramas has turned out to be too sappy, too heavy or too non-humorous at all for this season. Then i learned about this drama from Javabeans and told myself... "Will i like this singy-singy-dancy sort of show?" FYI, i would have appreciated it all if this was about PUNK-ROCK-ALTERNATIVE-INDIE?
Basically the same reason why I also started watching it. I didnt have much else on my list except for those "heavy" or just sappy ones, and Dream High provided some light entertainment.

Imagine if they did a Korean version of BECK, what would be fun(ny)? perhaps? hahaha... Rock rock rock is a good show though, albeit rather heavy-ish.

Actually, the story has picked up a lot lately. I like how they deal with the korean entertainment industry, just how tough it is. Well, just by watching those idols in this drama gives you a pretty accurate idea, since you can see their frost smoke and the LITTLE amount of clothing they are wearing. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
But all in all, it is a show about friendship and supporting each other. Typical high school...

Regarding episode 14, I really liked that the show was brave enough to bring up the topic:
basically that if you are a female and get sexually harassed, it doesnt matter if you are to blame or not, your future is ruined.

And I believe Baek Hee is K, by the last episode. Or the whole group generally...
If it wasnt for Kim soo Hyun, I think very few would have watched this drama at all. I mean, all idols in a drama, who barely had any acting experience doesnt really promote awesomeness...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 22nd, '11, 18:41

I'm now watching the latest episode. And damn, I was hoping that Eunjung's(Baek Hee) hair is one-time-thing... but... hell no. They went seriously wrong with her hair...

aility

Post by aility » Feb 22nd, '11, 18:49

haha... what is wrong with her having long hair? :P

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 22nd, '11, 18:56

aility wrote:haha... what is wrong with her having long hair? :P
Nothing. I like her with long hair(reminds me of good, old days when T-ara debuted), but the hairstyle... just looks stupid.

Ahh, the Teacher Shi is quite cute ;D I laughed at the scene where she put a flower in her hair. Just marvelous.

IU's pronouncation is quite crappy :(

Ahahahahhaahahah, Samdong can speak in 2 languages. Seoul dialect and the other one. ;DD

Woohoo! Eunjung with decent hairstyle. Yey!

The teacher relationship are quite unique, yet funny.

Hehehehe, Suzy is confused. She even doesn't know who she likes.

There is a lot to comment about this drama. It's interesting. And that's all. Not addictive or something.

LeeSeunggi

Post by LeeSeunggi » Feb 22nd, '11, 20:05

I love this drama. I just watched ep 14 today, cant wait until they finish subbing ep 15 [tomorrow]

Pil Suk and Jason <3

LeeSeunggi

Post by LeeSeunggi » Feb 22nd, '11, 20:10

Neliets wrote:
aility wrote:haha... what is wrong with her having long hair? :P
Nothing. I like her with long hair(reminds me of good, old days when T-ara debuted), but the hairstyle... just looks stupid.

Ahh, the Teacher Shi is quite cute ;D I laughed at the scene where she put a flower in her hair. Just marvelous.

IU's pronouncation is quite crappy :(

Ahahahahhaahahah, Samdong can speak in 2 languages. Seoul dialect and the other one. ;DD

Woohoo! Eunjung with decent hairstyle. Yey!

The teacher relationship are quite unique, yet funny.

There is a lot to comment about this drama. It's interesting. And that's all. Not addictive or something.
I disagree with you saying IU's pronounciation as "crappy". I think its really cute and suits her in her milky couple part.
But I agree with ur Teacher Shi being funny, i liked her since I watched goong, she's such a good actor and i like teacer-teaher chemistry :roll

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 23rd, '11, 05:09

aility wrote:Imagine if they did a Korean version of BECK, what would be fun(ny)? perhaps? hahaha... Rock rock rock is a good show though, albeit rather heavy-ish.

Actually, the story has picked up a lot lately. I like how they deal with the korean entertainment industry, just how tough it is. Well, just by watching those idols in this drama gives you a pretty accurate idea, since you can see their frost smoke and the LITTLE amount of clothing they are wearing. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
But all in all, it is a show about friendship and supporting each other. Typical high school...

If it wasnt for Kim soo Hyun, I think very few would have watched this drama at all. I mean, all idols in a drama, who barely had any acting experience doesnt really promote awesomeness...
If they did Beck, i'll line it up for watching. They only have the anime version and a Live Action movie in Japan but not the series. as rock rock rock, i only checked it out because i had my eyes on No Min Woo from My girl friend is a gumiho. I personally think that the guy is hot. :wub: Then... i previewed the show and told myself... "nahhh... this show isn't for me." even No Min Woo wasn't enough of an eye candy for me to continue it on.

As for the frost smoke... IT IS ANNOYING THE HELL OUT OF ME! I thought i'm the only one who's been noticing it. the production is killing the kids out there. don't they ever turn the heater on while filming? The dance room is cold, the library/music room is cold, even the auditorium is cold! The only place in Kirin High that's not cold is the Half-admittance room. which is supposed to be the slumps. oh.. and the cafeteria room isn't that cold since i didn't notice any frost smoke coming out of Hye-mi and Pil-sook table slump episode.

all in all Kirin high is cold. seriously cold. the kids are bearing all of this just for the sake of filming. that's something to consider about in this drama too.

as for Kim Soo Hyun... i've had my dibs on that kid since Will It Snow On Christmas because he showed great promise but his hairstyle in that drama was awful. terrible. horrible. all the bad adjectives i can think of on describing a hairstyle. though here in Dream High, the hair style hye mi gave him showed his innocent character. While the latest hairstyle he is sporting gave him a bad-ass look. me likey all his hairstyle in this drama. :thumright:
Neliets wrote:Ahh, the Teacher Shi is quite cute ;D I laughed at the scene where she put a flower in her hair. Just marvelous.

I like teacher shi when her voice converts to that high girly speech when she's drunk, scared and really angry. she usually use it with teacher Khang. hahaha... while suzy... she made her choice in episode 13 right? you should check it out again. the camera focused on a specific person which told the viewers that, he's the person Suzy was really thinking of. :D

LeeSeunggi yey to Pil-sook and Jason finally hooking up! I just want to see who's picture is inside his hand phone and who is JULIE??? LOLz

Norikoko

Post by Norikoko » Feb 24th, '11, 18:00

dream high really captivated me. good thing that im still on vacations cuz I stay up till 5-6am watching ot lol

I'm waiting for the enxt episode :)

aility

Post by aility » Mar 1st, '11, 09:24

biniBningPunkista wrote:
has anyone seen this yet? our jason is doodling about our pil sook. so cute! >_<
Oh!! that one I didnt notice, and I have only one episode to go...

Will miss the jason-pilsook cuteness... ACK!!

It has really been refreshing to watch this drama, which I started on with rather low expectations, but it has surprised me in a good way ^^

I think from now off, I need to keep my expectations low, because there has been way too many dramas that started off REALLY well, then went baaaaah towards the middle/end aka Secret Garden and Coffee house....

but finally, our poor idols can finally REST (eh... kinda) and just focus on being whipped on their normal schedule I mean, and stop breathing cold smoke... Actually, I have seen less of the cold smoke in the later episodes.

loki88

Post by loki88 » Mar 2nd, '11, 00:10

ep16 : check !

I think this drama was refreshing ^-^ but a little too short, in my opinion.
( + A little "slow" to begin but, eh, like all dramas ! )
I'm just a little disappointed with the end... I was expecting something else.. A better happy ending...

Norikoko

Post by Norikoko » Mar 3rd, '11, 22:38

awww I'll miss Dream High so much!
its been a while since I wasn't really excited about a drama ^^

OST rocks and it will remain forever in my ipod <3

the ending was a bit.. umm weird (??). you cant just skip so many years and then feel like it was only 1 or something xD, but anyway ..

I really liked this drama ^^

aility

Post by aility » Mar 4th, '11, 11:39

I think the ending was fitting and for once MADE sense! and everything got sorta wrapped up in a nice way. we finish the circle, and finally find out who K is. Ep 1 did start with K becoming a world star and it was 2021, so it would make sense that we finish the show in 2021. But since the people still look so young, but are supposed to be towards the end of their 20s, it kinda looked a bit off.

I am so glad that Pilsook end up the way she did and Jason still much in love with her. A very satisfying ending unlike others, such as Secret Garden. Aish, I still cannot get over my utter disappointment, grr...

But yeah, I wouldnt mind see some cute samdong/Hyemi or pilsook/jason moments. But they got the point out there, that the road to fame is lonely... so all in all, realistic :)

Norikoko

Post by Norikoko » Mar 4th, '11, 17:21

aility wrote:
I am so glad that Pilsook end up the way she did and Jason still much in love with her.
I tottaly agree with this. It melted my heart <3

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Mar 7th, '11, 04:26

I JUST NOW finally finished Dream High :cussing: and I really liked it :D I do agree that this drama was a nice, light, fluffy one that I needed. I really loved the Jason and Pil Suk couple thing going on there. :wub: I just wished they kept Pil Suk skinny in the end but I wont fight it that much because even her character said she was happier that way. Good for her! :lol

I loved the ending as well. There's nothing thats left in mystery.....the couples that I wanted to get together got together....and they left the IDOL sisuation in a realistic kind of matter. I gotta say that its true. There is so much that an idol must deal with but thats what it comes with to get your name out there to be famous and sometimes that is lonely and frusterating from what I see with some celebrities.

I gotta hand it to Sam Dong. Losing his hearing like that, little by little, and still going after his dream of becoming a singer! :thumleft: :thumright:

By the way, did anyone catch the sign in the club in episode 11 when Hye Mi entered the club. Yeah its fine in a club, that what you expect but I would have thought they would have blurred it out or something. Im thinking because it was writing in English they left it alone. Just check the picture and you'll see what Im talking about

aility

Post by aility » Mar 8th, '11, 11:25

woah, you got an eye for details. I rarely notice the setting, unless they blurr it! Jägermeister commercial, hahahaha!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 8th, '11, 15:44

Oh, damn! I love Jägermeister. :>

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Look at the white board.
Abortion, Blowjob, hard dick etc :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I think that producers had no idea what it means. ;D

aility

Post by aility » Mar 8th, '11, 17:01

hahahha! the picture was so big that I DID NOT see the white board until I saw your comments Neliets, nd scrolled sideways just now. hahahahha. Drink names are indeed awesome, hahahahha :lol:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 8th, '11, 17:22

I have one word for this show: SATISFACTION.

the ending left me in tears. not with sadness... it's my happy face. lolz.
this show is going down in my recommendation list. i will post more in the future, but as of the moment, i am going to bathe into a satisfying ending.

oh... btw, i like that last tid-bit with jin g**k and hye mi's little sister! now i have another fan-fic in the making. >_<

esmer86 i didn't notice that! how could you be such a keen observer in dramas??? i always get absorbed with the actors instead of their surroundings unless it's really breath taking. that post made me LOL big time. haha... it only shows they have peculiar tastes on naming their shots.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 8th, '11, 17:57

Well, to those that don't drink - those are real drink names. Funny thing, because drink called blowjob you are supposed to drink without using your hands to lift the shot glass.
So no, I think writers did know what they mean.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Mar 8th, '11, 18:17

Yeah, they are names of drinks. Even though I dont drink much I thought that since its aired on television that it had to be censored but I guess not. It kinda even makes me like the drama even more :lol

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 8th, '11, 18:22

Ethlenn wrote:Well, to those that don't drink - those are real drink names. Funny thing, because drink called blowjob you are supposed to drink without using your hands to lift the shot glass.
So no, I think writers did know what they mean.
We don't have that kind of names in Latvia :(

But, while we are at it, it seems that Koreans(especially women) are quite strong drinkers. Or that is not whiskey that they usually are drinking, because they drink it w/o any emotions at all. I'm quite a good drinker myself but even I, after drinking half glass of whiskey in 1 shot(whiskey glass, not shot glass), make a ugly face a bit. :mrgreen: But they stay emotionless.

.... after all this talking, I feel like taking a sip of Tullamore or Jim Beam... But I'm on a diet :s

Norikoko

Post by Norikoko » Mar 9th, '11, 17:59

that pic made me LOL. dunno how you could notice something like that ahahah.

drink names or not, is still funny to watch those words appearing on TV dramas XD

Aweryn

Post by Aweryn » Mar 9th, '11, 20:49

I think this is one of my favorite drama series seriously..!

Never have I become this obsessed to any series.. Suzy's acting didn't bother me at all, it just gave her that something special to her personality!

Yesterday I ordered Dream High OST, 333page making of book and a poster.. *sigh*
<3

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Mar 17th, '11, 12:07

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Mar 17th, '11, 17:43

^^ I would love to see Jay Park on Dream High 2! :D