Upload Addict

My Princess (MBC,2011)

Post by The Chaos » Dec 16th, '10, 10:42

Drama Info :
Title: 마이 프린세스 / My Princess
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2011-Jan-05 to 2011-Feb-??
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

Synopsis
An ordinary college student, Lee Seol, finds out she's a princess. The grandson of Daehan Group, Park Hae Young, is put in charge of educating Seol on proper etiquette.

Cast
Song Seung Hun as Park Hae Young
Kim Tae Hee as Lee Seol
Park Ye Jin as Oh Yoon Joo
Ryu Soo Young as Nam Jung Woo
Lee Soon Jae as President Park
Maeng Sang Hoon
Im Ye Jin

link for the trailer here

tofu888

Post by tofu888 » Dec 29th, '10, 11:23

Looking forward to this series!

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Dec 29th, '10, 12:47

I'm watching this for RSY mostly =o

dmatrix95

Post by dmatrix95 » Jan 5th, '11, 13:47

I love Song Seung Heon. Can't wait to see him and KTH on this series. Good luck and hope someone will post it with English subtitles.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 5th, '11, 14:53

This seems rather funny and interesting. But isn't that the same acress that was in Iris? Ahhh, does age matter anyways? I'm waiting for this ;D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 6th, '11, 12:09

Uhmm... the first episode didn't convince me at all, but... I will see how it progresses.

pao113
Philippines

Post by pao113 » Jan 7th, '11, 17:33

I hope someone can create an english sub

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 8th, '11, 19:00

Watched 2 first episodes and I like it. ;D I'm not a fan of all that historical part and such, so I hope that she will be princess but w/o hanbok and stuff and maybe not even the country's princess. Eh, let's just see how it goes.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 8th, '11, 19:11

Interesting ...reminds me of an american movie...anyway I guess Im gonna watch for Kim Tae Hee , I really like her acting ...v.convincing

moll

Post by moll » Jan 10th, '11, 21:40

After two episodes I'm quite liking this. The lead actress can be a bit OTT I feel and I hope this doesn't start to annoy me, but I don't think Song Seung Hun will annoy me at all :whistling:

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Jan 10th, '11, 22:07

i like the series i will keep watching it coz i'm gonna drop dream high sooner than i thought

mayxi

Post by mayxi » Jan 12th, '11, 16:01

watching this cuz of song seung hun. luv KTH character. for me i find korean hanbok to be very pretty. i'll be waiting for this one. hope it doesn't stop me halfway, cuz the beginning was pretty good.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jan 13th, '11, 12:16

I have just decided to download this... We'll see how it goes if I like it or not, but I am looking forward to it. :)

bigsoccer

Post by bigsoccer » Jan 13th, '11, 13:28

pao113 wrote:I hope someone can create an english sub
Darksmurfsub has finished all 3 episode subtitles of My Princess, 1 day after its Korean airing.

http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index ... -releases/

Seen all 3 episodes with English subtitles. Cute series. Good watch. Highly recommend.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 13th, '11, 15:35

Wathced 3rd episoded. I love this. Light, interesting, funny. And the lead actress is quite cute ;>

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 13th, '11, 15:39

I am still stock at ep1. i can see its cutness but i am in a wierd mood of not wanting to watch any dramas (which i think comes from watching too much drama :P ). hope i recover very soon and go back to my daily routine life of being drama addict.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 13th, '11, 21:16

I know what you feel.

It's not as cute as My Girlfriend is a gumiho, but still, the acress is very cute and pretty.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jan 14th, '11, 11:34

Neliets wrote:I know what you feel.

It's not as cute as My Girlfriend is a gumiho, but still, the acress is very cute and pretty.
Hmm...and I could never finish MGIAG, or anything from the Hong sisters. Other than the lame female triangle and the princess angle I like everything about this drama. For me at least it is much better than MGIAG.

bigsoccer

Post by bigsoccer » Jan 14th, '11, 11:37

I didn't realize this show could be so funny. Ep 4 is great.

p.s. The English sub for Ep 4 is out at DarkSmurf Sub

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jan 14th, '11, 11:57

bigsoccer wrote:I didn't realize this show could be so funny. Ep 4 is great.

p.s. The English sub for Ep 4 is out at DarkSmurf Sub
I am still downloading it. Waah! 14 minutes to go. Didn't think Kim Tae Hee could be this funny and cute. The two leads are great together.

shuzzack
Malaysia

Post by shuzzack » Jan 14th, '11, 12:53

i love MP.. :D Both leads are very gorgeous and the story is very funny too..

klaudiotta

Post by klaudiotta » Jan 14th, '11, 18:40

Hi, I'm italian and I would like to know if exist an Italian Sub Group for this drama.
P.S. I find this drama very charming :wub:

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 14th, '11, 21:24

Man, I'm addicted to it since I saw the trailer :lol :lol :lol

I've seen episodes 3 and 4 today. They were really entertaining. The preview for episode 5 is .... fantastic. I want to be Wednesday already! :whistling: Anyone feels the same? :cheers: :salut:

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 14th, '11, 21:24

Man, I'm addicted to it since I saw the trailer :lol :lol :lol

I've seen episodes 3 and 4 today. They were really entertaining. The preview for episode 5 is .... fantastic. I want to be Wednesday already! :whistling: Anyone feels the same? :cheers: :salut:

dyenne81

Post by dyenne81 » Jan 18th, '11, 10:27

s3xs1 wrote:Man, I'm addicted to it since I saw the trailer :lol :lol :lol

where can i download ep 4..in soompi forum only have link till ep 3 only...
pls..pls :heart: :-(

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 18th, '11, 11:06

dyenne81 wrote: where can i download ep 4..in soompi forum only have link till ep 3 only...
pls..pls :heart: :-(
Are you able to look around DA? We have all the episodes, you know, just type My Princess in the search bar... :glare:

biniBningPunkista

My Princess - MBC

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 19th, '11, 07:40

I've been looking for a discussion thread for this drama and was pretty much surprised there is none. (I'm guessing that after the hype of Secret Garden, other drama's would seem unappealing.) I'm still hoping to hear more feedback about this drama though. ^_^v

main characters:
Song Seung Hun as Park Hae Young
Kim Tae Hee as Lee Seol
Park Ye Jin as Oh Yoon Joo
Ryu Soo Young as Nam Jung Woo
Lee Soon Jae as President Park Dong Jae

It is a very fun drama to watch, aside from the roller coaster mood from one funny scene to sudden frustration then to being cute. The cuteness is what really got to me, hook-bait-and-sinker.

Do check it out and let's talk about it.
here are some links to help you out.
Recaps Dramabeans
Dramawiki My Princess

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 19th, '11, 10:33

i was sure that i have seen a thread for My Princes some where and I was right. :mrgreen:

it is here

will add my views on the original thread

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 19th, '11, 10:45

I watched the first 2 eps last night. as I said before, I can see its cuteness but It's not a great drama or something i have not seen before. unless the story changes, some how i can see how the whole drama will go. it is like any other rom-com Kdramas with your average characters. we have are usual love triangle/rectangle and they will their true love by the end. nothing new (at least in first 2 eps)
I will continue watching because i thought it was fun. I will see how the story turns out.
so far, The foxy lady is getting on my nerve though. no offence to the actress but she is NOT as perfect and beautiful as everyone says she is. the problem is, she believed it herself too.
i was happy to see prof Jang in SKKS here as the emperor. this guy always makes my heart beat faster some how. :mrgreen:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 20th, '11, 01:08

Something is missing here, I'm not sure what. One problem I see is that I'm not emotionaly involved. Both guys are ok for me so it does not matter with whom princess end (even if it is obvious with who). BTW usually I team with this second guy and have fun throwing obscenities on main girl for apparent problem with taste in men. But right now only emotion I have is irritation for Museum Director for her money oriented approch of situation, and "I'm so great" attitude so its more like, loosing which one make her more miserable, then Princess choice itself. And there is this second price (man) for her so no big deal too. But still watching as it is easy and funny enough.
By the way I waiting for sister factor, she will be trying to proove that she is princess herself maybe?

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 22nd, '11, 09:44

HERE IT IS!!!

i was pretty surprised when i typed My Princess in the search bar to look for a discussion thread and nothing appeared. i guess DA was undergoing maintenance then. ^_^v anyways...

the first few episodes was hilariously cute! i love how Hae Young could be so animated with his reactions. specially when he's trying to look cool even though he was already caught red-handed or is ALMOST caught red-handed. the bickering and the arguments these two main lead get into just blows me away. usually when there is bickering between main leads, it becomes really irritating but here in My Princess you could see how the two of them have this non-romantic-chemistry but it works BIG TIME. (for me at least)

i will be watching episode 5 in few minutes!!!

@shiofmedea according to the previews shown, the foxy lady (loled at issy's term because i call her fox face!) *hint* *hint* will be talking to Da-Nah, Seol's step sister. so there might ba major conspiracy happening.

oOohhh... and speaking of Da-Nah... I NEED to know the reason for her hostility towards Seol. we all know what the foxy lady hate about her but what about Da-nah? i can't figure out what happened in the past to make her hate Seol, when she has everything and is being provided for by their mom. it's like every time Seol is being cared for, Da-nah's invisible horns shows up. jealousy perhaps? i doubt there is favoritism since Seol's mom is pretty much strict when it comes to her daughters. hmmm...

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 22nd, '11, 11:01

i watched ep6 last night. here is my some of my thoughts.

first all, it this drama written by SG writer too? such a huge difference between the two. when SG was so cleverly written with such an interesting characters, MP is so childishly and predictably written. you can easily see where the story is heading.

when i was watching the last 2 eps, in one point my friend actually asked me if i should stop watching it because it is seriously affecting my health. yes, my blood pressure was going through the roof every time the foxy lady was on the screen.

have to admit, i liked the moments between LS and HY and even more the proff JW. these scenes were cute enough to make me continue watching.
but i am so worried about YJ and LD (the sister) characters in next eps. honestly, these two are such shallow evil characters in the story that add nothing but annoying the viewers to death. I don't mind evil characters if they are cleverly written. even though, they still might annoy viewers but you enjoy watching them meanwhile, evils like YJ and LD they only want to kill them. :cussing:

as for the sister
what kind of sister, changes the door lock late at night so her sister can not stay when she knows well that she does not have any other place? and the other sister takes it very normally? obviously she is jealous of her sister. but is jealousy is the only reason in this drama to make her evil? if so, they have used such an old cliche. the scenes, where she found out LS royal pouch and had a smirk on her face, is a big give a way of her next moves.
btw, the mom always favoured LD anyway. i am still worry that mom will be helping LD if she decided to take LS place or doing something against her.
for the evil foxy lady YJ who is taking too much credit for the look that is not really there. and making me thing, am i looking at the same person.
ok, so she hates royal family because she thinks it is the reason why her mom died sad and alone as her dad was only thinking of restoring it. I buy this a little. what i can't stand is how cliche is her character written.

and HY, what kind of diplomat is he that has nothing of himself and all of his credit cards can be easily blocked with his grandfather's order? doesn't he earn his money?
to be honest, that's my problem with the whole drama. giving us all these cliche stories and wanting us to believe it. well, this is true kdrama in every sense.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

so far the only person i enjoyed watching was JW. at the moment, is little more interesting than other characters and his scenes with LS are very cute. specially that scene when he pretended that he has not read LS goodbye letter. even though i still like LS/HY scenes too.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 22nd, '11, 19:34

OK I'm watching officially because this time I'm going to have fun with forum opinion exchanging but unofficialy I feel hooked even if I do not know why as I totally agree that it is more predictible then most and all of them are So I'm like :blink and :glare: about myself right know, after 6th part and with some observations:
- They are going to sell every estate, right? So grandfather is going to live where exactly?
- they are making some black market movements as estates are being transfered without consultation with owner ( diplomat guy father who has no conntact with family but still transfered ownership in magical way - or we still do not know something
- grandfather is apparently managing all incomes of familly - as you said diplomat has position so monthly income but no money and credit card on his own
- they take away his cup and shoes but he still had car
- they asked him to leave his appartement but they did not took his key or he has some hidden talents as he was able to go back with sick Princess and nobody was suprissed and asked him to leave again
- was he abbused in the past? this habbit to cringle when somebody is shaking fist is rather strange.. maybe I'm going to far
- he is too naive for somebody involved in politics (what he really is doing BTW? this visit card is rather enigmatic), he is making mistakes, is not good in handling situations (even if he should have experience - rumors, reporters, being followed) and not thinking far enough, unfortunatelly having pile of diploma and being capable person is too different things; maybe not giving him company to manage is after all good decission XD
- Sisters issue - I'm starting to think it's example as parent is puting all his effort for more difficult child and they still feel it's not becouse thy are loved more so they badmouth second one or fight with them.. Or maybe not..
- but she has this small thing from ilustration in prof book, ha! There will be some consequences later, I'm sure.. ( :w00t: here person who predicted well even if everybody die in the end, ha end second time ha)
- and but once again - I rather think she will have his own agenda and will go about it separatelly, not as partner with foxy lady, especially if she try to be princess herself - not common goal
- and foxy lady (like this one, will use it if I can,pretty please, I have problem with names) slipped, To open herself so much by declaring war, please?! I thought better about her :glare: I like my bad guys/girl pretty and inteligent, and here hmmm
- and what are her connections to this reporter? She helped him out of prison and is giving him info even if it's apparent that main guy hates him and was the one to put him in the same prison earlier.
- so not so much feelings for poor guy, strictly business
- Princess should have money and profesor feelings at the end to make her suffer... I feel bad I usually like bad guy/girl :cry: they are just so much more interesting :wub:
- I decided, I like profesor better, only one so far without any agenda hidden or not. Poor thing! Maybe he should have money and new girl :lol But for sure he should run and fast, they will give him hard time soon (another obvious predicton :whistling: )

And most stupid part: he is giving all back - his company (or plural) too? He is making owner to be king/princess/country? Sorry, it's incredibly difficult process and as his business is suppose be so big, the biggest even I understand, economy would be in in chaos. Somebody on university asked good question: is my dad (employee I belive there) to be affected? You can bet on it!
I think, that mother is just small reason comparing to "money/ money owner grandson as a way to have them" reason. she had romance with profesor after her mather left and then choose money grandson. So she was not focused on revenge before. Conclusion - money is factor here.

Hmm.. maybe I'm watching to complain :idea:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 23rd, '11, 03:20

you know when a drama is so bad that makes you wonder why are you still watching and continue till the end to find out? well, that's how My Princess is.
there are dozens of questions that comes to mind on why on earth this is happening and if it really makes sense or not in every scene (well, more or less) that makes me think if the writer was in the right mind when she was writing the storyline.
I still will be watching to see where does it ends (even though i knew the ending by ep1) as it has not annoyed me 100% to drop it. and as i said, I like all prof's scenes. so i want to see more of them. :wub:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 24th, '11, 07:36

Issy i would have to agree with you on that statement.

the plot line, character and the issues are bad enough not to be watched but the acting... you would have to love the acting and stay and not be annoyed. i am rooting for this because of the acting and not the story line at all. we know how everything is going to be right? in this sort of drama you would sort of guess how it's going to end, if you follow the story through and through. unless they have some hidden card somewhere to twist the plot sideways... then that's going to be a surprise in the future. as for now i am enjoying the blooming relationship between LS and HY. the relationship that isn't really there yet. as for the professor... i have this stinking feeling he's not far away from HY's in terms of motives. he has to have a motive for trying to get close to LS even if we all know and are already convinced he's supposed to be the good guy and not HY.

the issue with the house and everything else that HY is a bogus thing to add to the plot. it's not believable and realistic at all. though... the scenes about returning everything to HY was quite funny. his reaction to it was like those RomCom Imagination scenes, except that this one wasn't an imagination at all. i'm also starting to like that head assistant/bodyguard guy, where he does everything the chairman wants him to do. even if he had to put reclaiming tags and kicking out his boss's grand son. that LOLed me out.

i noticed that HY also has this big grandaddy issues. wait! there's more! daddy would come out soon enough and sort things out and there would be more chaos when that happens. how is our HY going to cope up if that happens?

Fox face. Hate her. big time. i hate what's she's doing with LS!!! she's totally ruining her good vibes. her face is giving me the hives every time i see her on screen. she does the torturing in a very non-emotional face too, which makes me hate her even more.
i can't get that mom-gives-HY-money scene so he'd take care of his daughter out of my head. it made me LOL out until fox face came into the scene and ruined the moment.

i hate her for bringing up the signing of the registers then suddenly bombs the news to LS that she has to enjoy everything while it lasts.

but it also made me go on thinking. it's true. what if the people won't vote for her? not to forget the chairman, who's hanging on a life thread. then everything would be taken away from her and she'll be left with nothing... what happens to her now that her mom signed the papers? before she didn't have much, but after this... she'll be empty. she will not even have a family.

sigh.. i'm thinking too much into the story line. anyways... i love LS jumping up on the bed and the fountain throw-away in the morning. oh also that scene where she can't sleep because HY was running in her mind. ghaaa.... cute.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 25th, '11, 19:19

I would not read too much in profesor motives, I do not think author will twist plot to this level. For me is just mix of profesional interest (his hobby and his profesion is korean history and last dynasty in particular), natural response to someone young and pretty confession of love even if they are not so interested, once again natural reaction to finish of long term relationship by looking for diversion. Besides he seems nice and resonable guy so he can understand and anticipate future problems with being princess candidate and try to be helpfull. And deep down which is not so nice but very human, why not make subtle kick to foxy face ego?
And this enigmatic father (what about mother BTW?) coming back, why not, even if I can't see the point, he is excluded from the will, so he can't mess when grandfather will die. And he is on black list so he can't enter country. To kidnapp princess? But he can make the team with foxy face and helping this senator guy.. I feel constrained by simplicity of scenario so far, I have evil thoughts but they do not match with developement so far, pitty, Prosecutor Princess gave you more possibilities.. :-(

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 26th, '11, 19:17

Hi!

I'm back home. I've started to download episode 07. I should upload it in ~10 minutes. // I'm the uploader for episodes 07 and 08 ... or more.

My connection does not seem to be in "normal parameters" ... as reported by my family. Those being said, please don't kill me ... :whistling:

Episode 08 should be released on time = sooner; ~10 minutes after public availability. This day I had a sudden reschedule and I could not make it available to you as soon as I wished to.

Thanks, enjoy and take care! :cheers: :salut:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 27th, '11, 18:59

this is exactly why I usually wait to the end to watch in one go,
what this foxy lady said et the end? it's driving me crazy, did she agree, or not?
I have enough trouble with lerning two languages, I can't try another one!

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 27th, '11, 21:25

shiofmedea wrote:this is exactly why I usually wait to the end to watch in one go,
what this foxy lady said et the end? it's driving me crazy, did she agree, or not?
I have enough trouble with lerning two languages, I can't try another one!
No, she did not! You can have a a glimpse of what happened by reading the transcap here.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 27th, '11, 22:59

Ah, thank you, I can sleep better now :lol

Interesting how I can still think not so high about drama and be so involved, stupid me :roll

but I'm just waiting for another shoe to drop, it could be always something like "but". And hidden agenda is the must!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 28th, '11, 13:24

my reaction on episode 7...

:cussing: :goggle: :alcoholic: :cussing: :cussing: :goggle: :alcoholic: :cussing:

i seriously needed to get that out.
fox face is totally affecting my insides and i love the way Seol is trying to counter her even in her own naive way. the professor is definitely biting back now... but what really pissed me off in this episode was:
Having the kissing scene!!!!! why are they freaking rushing things when we want it to stay cute as much as it could??? darn it.

:cry:

sigh.

don't get me wrong, i loved that specific scene specially that it was highlighted without any music in the background. i could totally feel the moment until it struck me that it was too early in the drama to have it.

sheez.... i'll post more when my nerves has calmed down and i've seen episode 8. for now, let me greet my teeth.

:glare:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 28th, '11, 13:41

I still have to watch the last 2eps. but i am sure that my reaction won't any better than above. :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 28th, '11, 13:49

About to start this. Are the only subs available the ones from darksmurf? Anyway, I don't think I'll like any series enough after SG, but I hope this isn't too much of a disappointment. XD

Edit: It seems the subs available haven't even been properly checked yet, so I guess I'll look over at Viki or then wait.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 28th, '11, 14:14

Orion1986 wrote:About to start this. Are the only subs available the ones from darksmurf? Anyway, I don't think I'll like any series enough after SG, but I hope this isn't too much of a disappointment. XD

Edit: It seems the subs available haven't even been properly checked yet, so I guess I'll look over at Viki or then wait.
Please do ori, i want some more people to rant about this drama. I am getiing worried about my mental state. i mean, it clearly obvious from ep1 that is one very cheesy and cliche drama but i am still watching and torturing myself. :goggle: maybe i like self torture??? :blink

subs are out and but not sure if they are 100% edited and QCed.

ps. same here. after SG, i don't seem to click with any drama at the moment. be it a Jdrama or a Kdrama.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 28th, '11, 15:20

Well, if it's half decent, I'll watch it. And then we can torture ourselves together. Us masochists. :rofl:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 28th, '11, 15:33

Orion1986 wrote:Well, if it's half decent, I'll watch it. And then we can torture ourselves together. Us masochists. :rofl:
can't wait for this.
just to add, viki's subs for both ep7 and 8 are out. so i guess no need to wait for 100% edited of other version. :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 29th, '11, 02:19

ep7,
some one please shoot fox face and the sister before i do something i'll regret. :crazy:
seriously, her presence for me has become almost unbearable to stand. honestly, i can't see a tiny little bit of the brain in that head. don't know how on earth everyone (including herself) regards her as someone very intelligent.
ask me why? well, one reason is never let your enemy know your motives. if she was as intelligent as everyone else thought she was, she should have wait till later and reveal her evil side. now that LS knows her motives, when she officially becomes a princess, she will be more prepared to fight her. but to be honest, LS is such naive and simpleton that she will never think of it in future when she has the power. if she has the power.
reason #2, her method of finding out the truth is so give a way that even most stupid person will think she has eyes in the palace that inform her about LS and YH every move. let alone a
diplomat. she gave him every little details that went on back then and he did not even suspect anything. :blink
about relationship between JW and YJ that still confuse me
It just does not seem normal for a person like JW to be in love with a person like YJ knowing very well, what a nasty person she is. let's say he did not know. this is even worse. so he has been in love with her knowing very well that she has decided to marry someone else. that's fine. call it the greatest LOVE of all time. but he finally managed to switch that love mode off instantly and now he is so "comfortable" being without her.
and the last scene? too early, too rushed, so not its time. they ruined it.

on the positive notes, I have to agree on the fact that actors/actresses doing a good job in here and there is some chemistry. i am still finding all JW scenes much more appealing than HY though. but HY scenes are cute enough.
but
I did not want her to fall in love with him first.
and I don't think that JW has some hidden motives. off to see ep8 and find a nice cosy place full of alligators to feed them YJ and LD. :mrgreen:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 29th, '11, 07:45

Orion i had that sort of feeling that watching this would be like watching-it-because-i-have-no-other-choice-of-a-better-drama-as-of-the-moment.

but then Tea Hee's acting all cutesy i forgot that vibe. LOL

Issy thank goodness i'm not alone on feeling that "THAT" specific scene was rushed. now that gives me a big question as to WHY the hell did they do that??? unless they have some good fantastic twist in the next episodes to come, to actually make that scene just another highlight for the drama.

still... i doubt it.

I need to go watch episode 8 but i couldn't find the subs for it yet. :glare:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 29th, '11, 11:16

We're at episode 5. Needless to say, we love it. Ahaha. It's good for what it is. Fluff. And thankfully, it's not annoying like some.

Most such loud-strong-and-street-smart female characters take the "loud" too far. They act like truck drivers and annoy.
Tae Hee is doing good. She's loud, but doesn't overact and she also doesn't leak prettily like a princess (pun intended).
As for Mr. Abs, he's really not impressing me with his acting so far, but he's also very likable. Good in comedic scenes.
Plus, he kind of reminds me of Lee Pace, which I loved. Right up until he signed up for a Twilight movie. Twilight! Why? XD

One thing I hope will change though, is the whole view on the princess thing. I also hated that about Goong, but there, it had a reason.
Meaning, everyone was nuts about a princess and absolutely wanted her to take over and she just went along with things, without a fuss.
Now, I get Goong, since it's in an imaginary world where the imperial family is still ruling. So I can forgive the fascination with royalty there.

But so far in MP, I just see a senile old guy who, because of guilt, is holding on to some past glory of having monarchy restored. It's just silly.
And I hope it stays as silly. I hope the people vote against it and more than that, I hope Lee Seol will refuse such a senile request in the end.

As for the second leads now, not impressed. The professor is kind of cute, but pretty wooden and what's with Miss I-am-supposed-to-be-young? :blink
She's born in 1981, but the woman has not aged well. She looks like a 48-year-old with a face lift done. And she's too skinny. I guess that's why.
But looks aside, she is doing a good job. She hasn't shown me hate-that-b*tch evilness so far, but I hope she'll become more despicable soon.

Last for now, but not least, it's getting so easy to spot idols by now. I mean, after watching enough kdrama, you can tell a singer-cast-here right away.
I hadn't even checked online and I knew Mr. Gay-Cute cook was some idol singer given a part. He's just so obvious. Does put a smile on my face though.
His character, that is. I was actually hoping he wasn't just a guest for one episode. Cause what an adorable kid is that cook? Bit slow, poor thing, but cute.

So, more on this soon. It's a fun series.

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 29th, '11, 12:37

biniBningPunkista wrote:
I need to go watch episode 8 but i couldn't find the subs for it yet. :glare:
Interesting ... I'm always updating the 1 post of the episodes that I'm uploading :) .. did 7 and 8 ... so the subtitle is there :D ~ and it takes 14 hours to be 100% translated :D

Check the 1 post: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92454

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 29th, '11, 13:09

It's definitely not as annoying as other rom com dramas we have seen so far :whistling:
It's true in " it does exactly what says on the tin" but for some reasons I thought it would be much less cliche. maybe because it had mature grown up cast?
As for subs, as I said above viki's subs for ep8 is out already. I still have to watch it though.
As fir that specific scene, of course it was rushed. I don't even know where it came from. I mean, the whole scenes leading to that climax was ok and believable but the problem was with their overall relationship progress. It is not that deep yet and if it was just spare on the moment thing, still not very convincing.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 29th, '11, 20:36

The only thing I really don't like about this is the music. And I mean the score, not the songs. It's SO awful! So cheap and last decade!
I've only heard music this badly done that I notice and am bothered by in two dramas. This and "1% of Anything". They are both so bad. XD

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 30th, '11, 09:48

Issy wrote:
Orion1986 wrote:Well, if it's half decent, I'll watch it. And then we can torture ourselves together. Us masochists. :rofl:
can't wait for this.
just to add, viki's subs for both ep7 and 8 are out. so i guess no need to wait for 100% edited of other version. :whistling:
Orion, this drama is entertaining but Mary Me Mary is masochism.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 30th, '11, 14:24

Aahaha. Indeed! I'm not THAT big of a masochist, it seems, cause I dropped that one pretty early on. Every torture has to have a limit. XD
My Princess is nice so far, even with the cliches that annoy me in any kdrama. It's fluff, it's light, it's what it promised to be from the get go.

Corona

Post by Corona » Jan 30th, '11, 23:18

Love this drama! I find the heroine very refreshing :)

I have to agree with the music though, it's really not helping to set the mood, I've heard better melodies come out of my 1995 keyboard D:

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Jan 31st, '11, 02:01

Issy wrote:It's definitely not as annoying as other rom com dramas we have seen so far :whistling:
It's true in " it does exactly what says on the tin" but for some reasons I thought it would be much less cliche. maybe because it had mature grown up cast?
As for subs, as I said above viki's subs for ep8 is out already. I still have to watch it though.
As fir that specific scene, of course it was rushed. I don't even know where it came from. I mean, the whole scenes leading to that climax was ok and believable but the problem was with their overall relationship progress. It is not that deep yet and if it was just spare on the moment thing, still not very convincing.
Issy, sorry quick questions, you indicate the viki's subs are out. Can't seem to find it. are these soft subs?

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 31st, '11, 02:36

kahlan wrote:
Issy wrote:It's definitely not as annoying as other rom com dramas we have seen so far :whistling:
Issy, sorry quick questions, you indicate the viki's subs are out. Can't seem to find it. are these soft subs?
yes, they are soft subs. i just finished watching ep8. I can't post links to those subs but you can find them very easily on other forums. :whistling:

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Jan 31st, '11, 05:37

Issy:

Regarding JW and YJ
I think it has more to do with the past than the present. He mentions that Lee Sul possesses youth and vigor that lights up the world (or something like that)....sort of how they used to be." I have a feeling YJ was a very different person when she was younger and it was that person that JW remembers and loves.

Since this is fluff stuff...she will probably flip the switch and not be a bad person by the end.

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Jan 31st, '11, 08:25

Issy wrote:
kahlan wrote:
yes, they are soft subs. i just finished watching ep8. I can't post links to those subs but you can find them very easily on other forums. :whistling:
ok thanks, will go search at viki website.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 31st, '11, 10:53

kahlan wrote:ok thanks, will go search at viki website.
Video Channels > My Princess > Posts > Soft Subs Ahoxan

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Jan 31st, '11, 11:05

Orion1986 wrote:
kahlan wrote:ok thanks, will go search at viki website.
Video Channels > My Princess > Posts > Soft Subs Ahoxan[/quote

Thanks Orion, found it. Silly of me i thought it was similar to Secret Garden and was looking at the Spoiler section.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 31st, '11, 11:11

JiveTalkinRobot wrote:Issy:

Regarding JW and YJ
I think it has more to do with the past than the present. He mentions that Lee Sul possesses youth and vigor that lights up the world (or something like that)....sort of how they used to be." I have a feeling YJ was a very different person when she was younger and it was that person that JW remembers and loves.

Since this is fluff stuff...she will probably flip the switch and not be a bad person by the end.
Yes, i know it was a reference to their past relationship when they were young. but i was talking about their current relationship. can't remember if it was ep1 or 2 when YJ was angry at YH and then went to JW to be comforted. :whistling: when she already had rejected him some hours before.

anyway, watched ep8 last night and to my astonishment, i was not annoyed with story-lines as before. it's still very cliche but somehow i am getting used to it and kind of enjoying it. :scratch: and I still have a soft spot for the proff and his scenes and i find them totally cute. much cuter than LS x HY. :P

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 31st, '11, 13:04

now i am having second thoughts.

I want LS to be a princess but at the same time not. is that even possible? *sigh*
there's also this nagging thing that's sort of hard to get away with. HY's feelings are getting more evident on episode 8 but it still doesn't really have that romantic effect where you know that the guy is totally feeling torn between liking the girl or ruining her. maybe that's really how it's supposed to feel for now? i feel the connection much better with LS and JW, all the cutesy and flirty exchanges between them (in a professor/student kind of way) which is much lighter than the feeling i get between HY and LS. that's just in episode 8. because the previous episodes were all cotton candy for me specially on HY and LS scenes. :)

Serienjunkie

Post by Serienjunkie » Jan 31st, '11, 16:24

I´m watching Ep8 ....

"you saw a porn?" :lol

Darksisters... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Serienjunkie on Feb 1st, '11, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

Ojou_Belle

Post by Ojou_Belle » Jan 31st, '11, 22:33

Hahahaha...yes my interest was piqued more than usual when I heard the sites she was supposed to

be watching "porn".

Hahahaha...both leads have great chemistry!

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 2nd, '11, 23:02

Still watching, still do not understand why?
I start to have weird thougts, this HY guy starting to get on my nerves. Are they ploting something, writers I mean, or his acting is confusing me? "Drama logic" tells me he is falling for her, his attitude and my evil soul are crying for him to be it just part of evil plan to make her fall for him, give up on being princess and then him breaking it all in spectacular way.. I am evil, am I? But him to say his "I'm sorry" in such way.. Unfortunately, I think evil guy came into picture during bank scene, pity :cry: I like my version better :P

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 9th, '11, 01:21

wow... a diplomat snubbing the president. hmmmm... the story is getting more ridiculous in every episode. :glare: the president is getting on my nerves as Foxface is making me grit my teeth but i'm not complaining about that very last statement of Hae Young.

"Let me ask you just one thing. Can’t you not be the princess? Is it really something you’d rather die than give up? Can’t you just not be a princess…and live as my woman instead?"

Hae Youngsshi, why oh why are you confusing the princess every freaking episode?

@shio, i have that same feeling as well. i want to bump my head on the wall every time leading man gets all gloomy and confronting. its like he always has the urge to put everything in his own hands, say things as not to let himself delve into the problem deeper but at the same time ruins himself for every decision he makes.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 9th, '11, 01:42

honestly, it's so funny when i read comments like " one of the BEST drama out there" or " much better than Secret Garden" on some other forums. :whistling: makes me wonder, if i am watching the same drama as them or not. :scratch:

HY, his motives, his behaviour, his actions all confusing to me. not sure to blame the actor for failing in portraying the character right or blame the writer for not making this character very clear. but as i said, I am always confused when it comes to him. I know he suppose to show that he has fallen for LS and wants to protect her, but why on earth I don't feel it in his acting?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 9th, '11, 01:50

He's not just confusing Lee Seol, he's confusing us. It's frustrating. I don't know if the story is bad or the actor talentless or both, but I just don't know what he's feeling, for whom, why, why he does what he does and pretty much everything else.
I am thoroughly confused and not even amused enough to let the confusion slide. I am not a fan of "will think by speaking out loud" neither am I a fan of explaining everything to the audience, but you still have to let them know wtf is going on.

If you don't want to do that with the script itself, then the actor has to show what the character feels or the directing and editing has to let us understand. But here, anything that might be there is lost to oblivion and overdramatic reactions to it.
Maybe there's something there, but if even intelligent viewers struggle to see it, do you think a more simple audience would? This series is fluff and when it tries to add too much drama without any depth or reason to it, it fails and miserably so.
This might sound shallow, but when I watch these types of series, I don't want to have to think much. I want to feel. I don't want to spend my time trying to guess about something that might not even be there. At least not about the romance.

When you spend most of an episode confused, you don't let go and observe and when you spend most of it asking the person watching with you "What the heck is going on? What does he/she feel/want?", immersion goes out the window.
Like I said, might be the story or it might be that the actor is simply not equipped to convey what needs conveying, but to me, it looks like the whole thing is a mess that's trying to be meaningful when it should just make sense and be romantic.
This is fluff. It's called "My Princess" for crying out loud and it's about a pretty lady wearing nice things, living in a nice palace and having good-looking men and kitchen boys drool over her. Trying to make it seem deep just makes it ridiculous.

I'm not saying the setting only allows for shallow stories, but if it's a rom-com kdrama with a hot cast, it's kind of obvious you won't get crazy-mature romance. So they should stop trying to do that and fail like this. Don't bite off more than you can chew.

I hope it starts making sense again soon and I hope this guy shows some character and not just erratic behavior like this. Also, I hope they can show me, asap, why this guy is so amazing that the woman forgives all the crap he's done to her life.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 9th, '11, 03:59

I just finished the 2nd episode and I like it so far. But I will drop it if what everyone is saying is true...in regards to the storyline going a bit sour. We'll see...

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 9th, '11, 18:47

So happy it's not only me! They should change it to medical drama as male main character has control issue with sadistic tendencies and beginings of personality disorder. Good start for treatment! Not to mension that being inteligent (theoreticly I'm starting to think) and having knowledge not mean that he is politican material. Hence scene with president which could be easly avoided if he tried to explain anything to person and not to just order her around. Event children at their five can listen if you say why, she is naive not brain dead. But maybe he goes with last fashion: good looking face is best winning card! Must be because I do not see nothing more with each comming episode. He is loosing fast any points he could have win at the begining (mostly for face but still). Second row staff is leading with nice personality ( prof J), determination and inteligence (Y and sister) and clear motives not making poor audience confused (as above). And to think they will loose at the end! Nothing fair in kdrama world :glare:
Waiting to see what stupid thing can be still done.. :lol

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 9th, '11, 18:57

Ugh, I am totally confused and fed up with this drama...
The Princess seems brain dead...
The diplomat can't make up his mind whether he wants to help her become a princess or destroy any chance of her becoming one...
The evil sister seems dimwitted and I don't know what else can happen in this drama..
It's so frustrating...
I can't get the story line at all!!!!
:x :glare:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 9th, '11, 19:16

:lol
Princess level of being stupid remind me of old clasics like Full House, the same with being masochistic enough to fall for such human mistake as our dear diplomat.
Him being diplomat is something from century ago when if you were not first born your choice in career was being diplomat or pastor or officer in army. Not becouse you had talent but it was proper thing to do.
Sister disappointed me a little but I will wait for detailed translation to be sure.

only good thing
she refused :cheers: but for wrong reason :blink He is mental case, girl! Yeah, he should be protected, here I agree, from himself! and people around him as well :glare:

I know now why I still watch it - to see to what depth it can reach. And I started to have great time with that :P

Did somebody see Ghost remake with him? Iwas not fan of original version but after this I started to wander? How was he there?

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 9th, '11, 21:33

After last episode:
I see some improvement (let's be positive for change) - his actions were logical this time. More or less as I do not see what seeing his father can change - he would be stupid to confirm "yes, I'm murderer" even if he is. But little vacation never hurts :roll. And clasic scene with runing around my favorite or rather my the most known airport was played, yey! :cheers: And they saw each other :blink , not everybody is soooo lucky :lol
how he got his suitcase back BTW? :scratch: It is too big to be allowed to cabin and he does not have it when he is standing in line? I want a tip, for future trips.
Writers are so nice to him, leting him keep his goods :lol

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 12th, '11, 04:44

Just finished watching episode 9 and it's going pretty good. The only thing that bothers me is the lead girl Kim Tae Hee is prettier than her rival. I am used to the poor/ugly lead girl and pretty model rival. I guess I will start watching something else until the next epi comes on.

I like it when the ugly girl gets the hot guy :cheers: