Secret Garden (SBS, 2010 - 2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
kahlan

Post by kahlan » Jan 14th, '11, 15:15

Issy wrote:
kahlan wrote:I had to refrain myself from reading all the comments and spoilers posted here before i finished watching Episode 17 and 18. Boy was it a roller coaster ride especially 17.
I cried when JW went to the hospital and his face was completely like dead. I cried with JW when he found the note that RI left him on the little mermaid. I cried with JW when he cried writing the letter to RI. I cried when JW was speaking to RI in the car and confessing his love to her. I also cried with Oska realised what JW planned to do
So basically you only cried when JW cried.:mrgreen:
I found myself on the other side. I cried whenever RI did. her tears were more emotional for me and heart felt even though i felt it was a tiny little bit over the top. but she sure did make me sympathise with her whenever she cried.
Issy, hmm yah actually did not noticed that. My tears were sort of flowing on Episode 17 and JW was crying so heartfelt that my heart break :). Can't remember RI crying only tearing? Did she cried so badly in Episode 17?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 14th, '11, 15:37

For me, it was Oska and the Director.
Oska and his whole dilemma just made it impossible to hold back the tears. So did the Director. Both when he was telling Ra Im to wake up and when he said he stayed so Joo Won wouldn't be scared.

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marit » Jan 14th, '11, 16:24

What do you think how will the ending be? Heard that there is a nice chance the ending will be nice one for our main characters. In a way it would make sense, since they have suffered a lot already. Then again there are no words about other characters and pairs. Would we see some Joo Won sister and director action also? would one pair fail and give us some tear-yerker? What do you think?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 14th, '11, 17:23

One thing I did mind a bit and many series do it, is that they make characters disappear too suddenly. Like Joo Won's sister.
I mean, she served her purpose by talking to Ra Im about the money, but the whole thing with the Director was unnecessary.

Don't show a character as much as they showed her, if her only purpose is to reveal something. Don't give her her own story.
It felt like they tried to do something, but the viewers didn't like her, so she disappeared. I just don't feel very comfortable with that.

I can only find these two faults with the series. The sister and the reaction Oska and Ji Hyeon had
when Ra Im showed up at Joo Won's place after waking up from her coma. I mean, you see a woman in hospital clothes, who was in a coma after a severe accident.
Do you chat with her? No. You don't. You make her lie down and call an ambulance, when she clearly has escaped from the hospital without proper care and could be ill.

But they just look at her and even give them a moment to talk. And I'd get Oska. A bit. He knows of the magic and might suspect she's fine because of it or something like that.
But the doctor? Such a highly respected doctor from Seoul Hospital? And she's just staring at a coma-recovering patient like she came in for a cup of coffee and a light chat.

Granted, she must have been shocked by the fact that an ex-coma patient could get up and run all the way there, which simply doesn't happen in the real world, but still.
Yes, she miraculously got up without brain damage or muscle atrophy because of magic and yes, it's shocking, but you're a doctor and you don't leave a patient like that.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 14th, '11, 17:44

What if it's not a happy ending...just like the little mermaid :unsure:
Don't shoot me :pale:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 14th, '11, 18:16

Lol, no reason to shoot you, love. ^^

Well, we do know a few things we can probably be sure of, but I'm not saying. Just relax and watch. It's time, ladies and gents! :D

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marit » Jan 14th, '11, 18:17

Hmm, I haven't thought about it at all that Joo Won's sisters dissapearance might be because of the viewers disliking. That's an interesting idea. Would korean society really have that kind of power over the storytelling? That would mean the watchers should have critized the actress or character a lot. weird society, I personally liked the character, although we haven't seen her much. Nevertheless there is never a perfect drama, even SG has to have some flaws, like you Orion pointed out.

Hmm.. for me, I hope the ending will be a nice one. Haven't seen a happy ending korean drama for awhile. would be a nice change :-)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 14th, '11, 21:25

New NGs:
Kiss scene

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 14th, '11, 21:43

About the sister, I know they do it in U.S shows, but no idea about Korean ones. I do know netizens have power, but I don't know if they have that much.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 15th, '11, 03:10

“Secret Garden” to air a 70-minute special after final episode

On the 22nd, SBS will broadcast a special episode that contains 70-minutes of NG cuts and behind-the-scenes footage.
source

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 15th, '11, 03:53

Orion1986 wrote:For me, it was Oska and the Director.
Oska and his whole dilemma just made it impossible to hold back the tears. So did the Director. Both when he was telling Ra Im to wake up and when he said he stayed so Joo Won wouldn't be scared.
yea thats was really Nice :D

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 15th, '11, 03:55

something I like to see JW sister becomes the director lady firend :P now thats would be something :thumright:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 15th, '11, 12:07

And look who's going to make a cameo in the last episode:
One fine lady

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 15th, '11, 13:15

Ye-jin-ssi, I guess the last Epi of SG will be a Moment to remember... :roll

Haven seen her in a while! Cool!

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 15th, '11, 14:26

ep19 finished minutes ago. with such events in this ep, I see NO ending but a HAPPY ENDING tomorrow. it has to be
JW finally remembered RI and even more. the elevator accident, RI's father and his death and even remembered seeing RI grieving for her dad.
they just can't throw all these memories go to waste to JW and RI not ending up together.
and there was a hilarious parody of that frothy kiss between AY and JW's secretary and how he complained why it did not go the same way as dramas. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I agree, he is just SOOOO cute. I love when he behaves like a 6 years old kid.

regarding JW sister, I am with orion on being disappointed that they she was removed from over all storyline. she was cute and i quiet liked her. I can't see viewer's disapproval of her character at all. I think they just had too many stories to cover so could not fit her in. they could have reduced some of Oska/Suel recent scenes which i thought was too long and not that necessarily.
I can't believe that SG is coming to end tomorrow. 10 weeks passed like this?
still crossing my fingers and toes for finale.
Last edited by Issy on Jan 15th, '11, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 15th, '11, 14:54

Hi, 2 all SG fans!

Episode 19 (HANrel non-HD) should be out in ~ 1 hour. In the meantime, you can read about it from here: EPISODE 19 TRANSCAP.

Take care! :cheers: :salut:

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marit » Jan 15th, '11, 19:26

about ep19
the dream that Ra Im's roommate saw and that always is true. 3 little girls crying, Joo Won crying, Ra Im screaming. If Ra Im wasn't a ghost which I doubt, then this means the ending has to be a happy one for both main characters since they are alive. But crying kinda suggests funeral. My first thought was Oska, since he was seen with little children in this episode. But why would they kill off Oska? so my second guess is that Joo Won's mother commits suicide. don't understand though why Ra Im would be screaming then. OK who else might die... director? that would make Ra Im scream for sure, but would Joo Won cry hiding his mouth with his hand?... And then I might just dramatize things and the dream meant actually marriage where Ra Im was so happy that she screams, Joo Won was happily in tears and the roomate had a bad feeling because she's going to live alone and as I understand she hates it :whistling:
Thank you for the transcap s3xs1! was quite some help in couple of scenes!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 15th, '11, 23:49

Secretary Kim f-o-r-e-v-e-r:
picture taken from Nate^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 15th, '11, 23:57

Ethlenn wrote:Secretary Kim f-o-r-e-v-e-r:
they should have carried on capturing those scenes, the fun part is yet to come. :mrgreen:

bigsoccer

Post by bigsoccer » Jan 16th, '11, 02:37

For those interested in Secret Garden ep 19 English subtitle, you can get it @ DarkSmurf Subs

It was released less than 10 hours after its Korean airing. And now nearing 100% Edited Properly.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 16th, '11, 03:59

I knew it was coming, but I was hoping she wasn't THAT much of a prude! How could you, woman?!?! Take a knife and chop them off, why don't you? XD
Not to mention he approached her with eyes wide open, which I'm sure would be enough to render any woman immobile since they're so damn pretty.

Yoo In Na almost cracked up though. You could see that smile in the hysterics. Well, he IS funny and lovable so who can blame her? Ahahaha.

I never ever ever thought I'd say this sentence since it's one of those things that just sound weird, but that one and only salamander can kiss me any day.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 16th, '11, 04:24

Yea Secretary Kim :P :cheers:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 16th, '11, 06:44

It really seems that our Secretary Kim, is the Secret Star in this Drama!

Rock on Secretary!

Oh, and can someone link Darksmurfs Subs for 19 here?

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 16th, '11, 09:07

Myxale wrote:It really seems that our Secretary Kim, is the Secret Star in this Drama!

Rock on Secretary!

Oh, and can someone link Darksmurfs Subs for 19 here?
Roger!:salut:

Direct download link: Episode 19 English Subtitles.

This morning I did not have internet for 2 hours :whistling: Knowing that this day is the finale for SG ... if by 16:45 GMT the torrent file is not uploaded on D-A, yet ... then I am requesting assistance from my fellow uploaders.

~I'm also uploading Gloria ... so I might need assistance with Gloria 46 also.~

Thanks! :wub: => just in case ... although this (no internet connection) should not happen.

Enjoy and take care! :cheers:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 16th, '11, 10:31

Yay, way to go! Thanxxxxx!!!!

Edit;

Just finished epi 19, and was quite good!

Cheeers! :cheers:

PS. Sa-Rang-ssi has totally twiggy legs..just noticed when Osca took her for a date.
That girl needs food...bad. :pale:

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Jan 16th, '11, 12:49

ok ok just finished watching Episode 19.
Wow, i like my JW telling his mother that she will no longer be his son from now on but RI husband.
[/spoiler]

Sigh.. only one more episode to go. I'm torn. Really wanted to see the final episode hoping for not a good ending...

But a Great one. But then it's the last episode and then no more SG for me after that.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 16th, '11, 14:14

OMG , I can't believe is over

and the ending waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas
A TOTAL FLUFF AND A HAPPY ONE.
i still don't believe that they throw away any tragic ending for any character in the bin and decided to give everyone a happy ending. I think it was a wise move. could not see such ending for any of characters would actually make more sense or make it a better drama.

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 16th, '11, 16:24

Hi, fellow SG fans!

I will upload episode 20 in about 10 minutes. :cheers:

I've read the transcap ... read the spoilers ... seen the pictures :whistling: it's amazing and worth watching => happy ending .... but many of you knew that from last week, didn't you? ... I did (read the spoilers then).

Anyway, since I am uploading Gloria 46 also ... the speed will be halved. Thanks to all in advance, for everything! :cheers: :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 16th, '11, 17:00

Click on the pic if you want to have Oska's single^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 16th, '11, 19:12

About Episode 20
Well, more about the show in general as we re-watch it, but I loved the episode. Perfect ending, all found its place and I'm SO glad the b*tch remained the same.

Also, I LOVE who they "threw at" kamdognim! Oooh yes! I was a bit scared with Joo Won's sister, but THIS one is aaall woman. So beautiful! Hope they hit it off!!!

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 16th, '11, 19:44

I also liked that how RI's dad did not ask JW to protect her. Only asked to tell that he loved her. So there was no obligations from JW side to be with RI. He fell in love with her 3 times I different dates. So it meant to be
I think I am the only one who had no idea who is "fine" and "beautiful" lady is. :mrgreen:

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Jan 17th, '11, 00:07

Ethlenn

Thanks for the Oscar Single.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jan 17th, '11, 00:53

Now I know the reason why I haven't watched ANY of the episodes I have downloaded since ep. 16. I was so scared for a bad ending that I was putting it off. Just like MGIAG, and SKKS, I put off watching until
I'm sure there was a good ending
. Hahahaha, and there is now an ending I'm more than excited to watch it. YAY :)

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 17th, '11, 09:26

Ok, fellow SG fans, we've got subs! Check the 1 post (non-HD) or direct link: Episode 20 English Subtitle!

Thanks to the contributors and to all of you out there who supported our uploader's team and me through this beautiful adventure!:wub:

My Princess attracted my attention. I'm recommending it to you!

Last edited by s3xs1 on Jan 17th, '11, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Jan 17th, '11, 10:18

s3xs1 wrote:Ok, fellow SG fans, we've got subs! Check the 1 post (non-HD) or direct link: Episode 20 English Subtitle!

Thanks to the contributors and to all of you out there who supported our uploader's team and me trough this beautiful adventure!:wub:

My Princess attracted my attention. I'm recommending it to you!

Thanks for letting us know.

Ok I will also try to watch My Princess. In any case i like SSH as well.

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Jan 17th, '11, 12:47

Orion1986 wrote:About Episode 20
Well, more about the show in general as we re-watch it, but I loved the episode. Perfect ending, all found its place and I'm SO glad the b*tch remained the same.

Also, I LOVE who they "threw at" kamdognim! Oooh yes! I was a bit scared with Joo Won's sister, but THIS one is aaall woman. So beautiful! Hope they hit it off!!!
Hi Orion, yes totally surprised (but very pleasantly so, another one of my fav actress), when they showed her with Kangdongnim.
By the way, one question, what did Oscar sign / write on the marriage certificate/application that cause JW to give him such a look.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Jan 17th, '11, 16:57

Mann...just banged out this drama during the last week and weekend. Just finished episode 18, it got a lot better. I have some questions/discussion areas, but don't have ability to do spoiler tags while at work for some reason...so I guess I will wait until I get home.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 18th, '11, 01:07

Sweet ... a Happy Ending :P :P :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 18th, '11, 01:32

did anyone else noticed at what the director gave RI as her next project?
it was the script for Sector 7 that HJW already finished filming last year and to be released this year.
not to forget, it has OJH as her BF :wub:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 18th, '11, 08:17

:unsure:

Ooookay, I just finished the last Epi and i feel kinda cheated!

Since I don't want my rant to take up pages I spoilered it!
Sure the ending was nice, even if a bit ehm...strange and frayed.

I did expect more, but on the other hand the ending was as erratic as the show itself.

Bits and pieces, here and there! I have no idea why they didn't narrow the show down a bit.
Go with the romantic-magical theme, or just the romantic one. The Daddy-fairy plot or just the Dead Daddy one. Lost memories or just traumatic ones...

Honestly so many wasted episodes on reoccurring plot-devices, that could've been used to better. TO give the show a focus, a solid plot, between the fluff and huff. :glare:

But they waited to the last 3 episodes and packed it so full of everything, that one could hardly see the whole picture!!
:cussing:

A waste of the chemistry that Ha Ji-Won and Binnie had.

Anyyyyhhhway, I still liked it, for it had the banter that will go down in history of K-Dramas.

I totally agree with girlfrieday's conclusion about the drama. The ending was just a send-off pieced together to make it seems like the plot had sense. The drama ended actually with epi19.

:salut:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 18th, '11, 10:23

I have to agree too. the drama really ended by ep19. ep20 had nothing more to add except to make sure that every viewer knows the writer did what everyone wanted of her. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 18th, '11, 11:26

Secretary Kim:
said that after finishing the drama, he feels as if fired by Kim Juwon, keke.
Picture and article found on Nate.

Plus, Secret Garden will receive SBS Special Award.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 18th, '11, 11:42

Awww!!! How cute is that? :wub:

For a guy who's played the villain so much, he's quite adorable.
Well, they do tend to make the best villains. Them adorkable ones.

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Jan 18th, '11, 12:04

well thank god it ended happliy ever after :D coz i dont know some times the show is too much great and as a bad korean habbit they start to kill the main actor in the end loool and i agree epi 20 was something extra to get too good to be true feeling no one ended sad may be coz it is like the fairy tale stories

but for me the best epis was 16 n 17 i cryied aloooooooooooooooot
but we have to admit the show kept us hooked till the end

when the SP EPI WILL BE RELEASED ANY ONE GOT CLUE

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 18th, '11, 12:18

Probably this Saturday. ^^ (I have no clue, sowwy)

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Jan 18th, '11, 12:49

Issy wrote:did anyone else noticed at what the director gave RI as her next project?
it was the script for Sector 7 that HJW already finished filming last year and to be released this year.
not to forget, it has OJH as her BF :wub:
Issy was it "Sector 7"? I thought the title of the script was "Black Rain"?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 18th, '11, 13:08

"Black Rain" was the script given by Son Ye Jin to him.
Earlier, he gave Ra Im the script for "Sector 7". Ahaha.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 18th, '11, 16:27

my friend told me to prepare tissue for episodes 17-18 and i was "huh?"
now that i'm done, my blanket's edge is soggy. LOL. should have followed her advice.

i like how the writer ended it. meaning the VERY LAST scene. why? it just shows how joo won's character is consistent all through out the drama. even at the very last. it made me smile BIG TIME.
this drama is going to be special in my heart and is going down in my recommend list. :D

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Jan 18th, '11, 23:42

Yeah I like how all the characters stayed pretty much consistent...

...and even when they developed, it was a realistic gradual development.

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Jan 19th, '11, 01:27

Orion1986 wrote:"Black Rain" was the script given by Son Ye Jin to him.
Earlier, he gave Ra Im the script for "Sector 7". Ahaha.
oh yes... i rewatched and saw that. thanks.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Jan 19th, '11, 04:30

I kind of agree with Myxale

I think the drama had a bit of an identity crisis with its plot devices, but overall it was entertaining.

Man Joo Won's mom stayed cold until the bitter end...it's actually refreshing to see that not everything went right like a fairy tail at the end.

Is it just me or was Ha Ji Won's acting not the greatest...I mean she pulled off the tough girl aspect pretty well...but sometimes when she cries or laughs it seems overdone (or was that just part of the character?).

Also regarding Joo Won's character...it's just difficult to believe that anyone would grow to like him until near the end (his character starts to develop at that point), but in the beginning he's not really a likable guy and never really changes much until around ep 15-16.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 19th, '11, 08:51

Another thing that bugged me was the transition of the leads "love" when did their relationship turn romantic. Maybe it was so subtle i didnt notice!

And one more thing; I dont think the actor were bad or ungifted. They had a lot ot other projects to prove that, but if the script sucks even Al Pacino (whom I worship) will look daft.

They ( production company ) aim for pretty or cute, hence them all wearing hot and trendy clothes, totally unfit for sub-zero temperature.

And; what made my eyes almost pop out, was Osca proposing Seul.
It was evident how cold it was, even surrounded by hot springs. They were blue in the face.
Brrrrrr.

The drama put a lot of emphasis on those points; trying to milk them for the max, and on the way loosing the better part of the plot...if there ever was one!

The Drama should be renamed to : Dude, wheres my body-switching!

----

But they did have some great music (OSTs) in it, and they made Track-Suits (even sparkling on es) look cool again.
The last time i felt like this about Tracks, was when Bruce Lee was still kickin!

:roll

dodi17

Post by dodi17 » Jan 19th, '11, 22:19

i have one question . there is one music that played more than once but isn't in the ost , like before the end of episode 12 when jw was looking at ra im sleeping, also in episode 13 when they where walking at night ( actually it was played after the music found in the ost ) , also it played at the very last scene of the drama.
thanks in advance.

rehnii

Post by rehnii » Jan 19th, '11, 22:48

I have an question that is not exactly about this drama
at episode 18 and 19 there were always teasers to some new drama
And I would appreciate if someone can tell me for what drama (or dramas) the teasers were for (since i would really like to watch it)
i like these historical dramas very much (well the teasers werent for typical historical drama but at first i thought so forgive me)
and since the teasers werent subbed and i dont know hangul i dont know what it was :(
thanks a lot

btw: I was watching episodes 16-20 at kimchidrama since i coundlnt wait for the wiiths2 subs XD its pretty good quality even better than on CR and vikii i think

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 19th, '11, 23:13

The series you are looking for is the series that will take SG's place each Saturday and Sunday. It's called "New Tales of Gisaeng".

rehnii

Post by rehnii » Jan 20th, '11, 00:24

Orion1986 wrote:The series you are looking for is the series that will take SG's place each Saturday and Sunday. It's called "New Tales of Gisaeng".
woa so is this drama? I saw some articles about it but didnt read even that im interested in gisaeng
thank you a lot ^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 20th, '11, 00:47

It is a 50 episode long drama about gisaeng in modern society.
Melodrama, I'm guessing. I didn't pay much attention cause I was drooling over the clothes. XD

And you're most welcome. I got my information from Ethlenn anyway so I'm just passing the goodies along. ^^

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 20th, '11, 02:00

The very last scene reminded me directly of the last scene of another perfect drama
The City Hall
& I really liked both btw because they gave me the not-regretting-watching-this-drama-at-all feeling xD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 21st, '11, 11:58

Taxi show with Hyun Bin for download here. It's hilarious, especially the moment of tracksuit proof, mehehe...
Stills from this show:
Right here
And the man with the smile - Oska!

And maybe you know maybe you don't:
Special will be aired on January 22nd at 21:50 KT

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 22nd, '11, 14:18

Myxale wrote:Another thing that bugged me was the transition of the leads "love" when did their relationship turn romantic. Maybe it was so subtle i didnt notice!

And one more thing; I dont think the actor were bad or ungifted. They had a lot ot other projects to prove that, but if the script sucks even Al Pacino (whom I worship) will look daft.

[...]

The drama put a lot of emphasis on those points; trying to milk them for the max, and on the way loosing the better part of the plot...if there ever was one!

The Drama should be renamed to : Dude, wheres my body-switching!

----

But they did have some great music (OSTs) in it, and they made Track-Suits (even sparkling on es) look cool again.
The last time i felt like this about Tracks, was when Bruce Lee was still kickin!

:roll
LOL about that last comment...way to go, bringing up Bruce Lee in comparison with this overly sweet creampuff of a show. I agree with you on many points about this drama.

Don't read if you don't wanna hear a rather negative opinion about this drama :P
I think after the first eps, the actors and their chemistry would have deserved a better script and this could have been one amazing show - but from like ep 12 onwards it was steady decline for me.
I lost touch with the characters. And what's worse, the show confused me with all the comedy and fun so I just couldn't take the sad events serious in any way.

And come on now, first we get 'brain-dead' coma and then even amnesia. That's too lame imo. I kinda wished they would have at least elaborated on the coma thing, if they used it...maybe like them meeting only in messages after each time they switched body when it rains ...dunno, but anything out of the ordinary and something to build up a tragic feel at least.
But then the father messed with them again and both wake up as if nobody was ever hurt apart from JW being 21 again (I mean yes, I know it was a 'miracle' - but for me I'd rather call it a plothole).
Ok, it served to connect the story to his past and confirm their love etc but I felt cheated cause there was nothing original about it and I just wished the writers wouldn't have used the oldest cliches for their storytelling.

Ep 19 was ok and it should have ended there but it went for utter disappointment in the next one...
20 was like so many concluding eps just a boring wrap up. As some said before, I liked the fact that JW's mum stuck to her ways until the very end.
But then the letter in the bottle, the cameo for kangdongnim, the jealousy-act-proposal, and even the connection to their past and him sleeping next to her in the same way he did at their workshop...I really could have done without all that.

Oh, and I do wonder how come JW's sis just disappeared. Well I guess with all the angsty stuff, they just didn't have the time to at least write her out of the series...

On a positive note, I did like parts of this drama a lot. The chemistry of the cast, the soundtrack, the pretty scenery. The comedic interaction between JW and Raim, Oska's loudness and ignorance and even the sad director and JW's mum etc
But that's exactly why I am pretty disappointed with it's turn into an average romance drama.
About Ha Jiwon's acting, I did feel it getting out of tune in the last couple of eps, too. Maybe she lost touch to Raim and the story, too or maybe she just got tired.
Hyun Bin seemed more consistant as he did give JW a personality of his own which I found believable throughout the show - yes, and I loved his cold rationale in the beginning.
To me Lee Phillip also did a good job in developping the kangdongnim, he went from annoying to pretty cute... (or maybe I just got over being scared by him) :salut:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 22nd, '11, 14:32

:lol
Ara-chan, you summed up my thoughts about SG. I did like it alot and maybe i was a little bised during time i was watching. but once the drama ended and I weighted all positive and negative sides of SG, i got to same conclusion as yours.
I think they real winner in this drama is Hyun Bin and his portrayal of JW. I can't think of any other actor to pull of a better JW to be honest. as for HJW, she is my most favourite K-actress and i really love her acting but i too noticed some over the top acting and exagerations in some of her scenes (crying scenes to be precise :mrgreen: ) even though they were emotional enough to bring tears to my eyes.
I love how you have come to be "less scared" or of Lee Philip. :whistling:

but over all, I think i will recommand SG to my family and friends to watch. it's quiet an enjoyable ride. :wub:

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 22nd, '11, 14:51

Just as a reminder: I'm going to upload the special too. It's out already, but is Baros. I want to use HANrel, so we'll wait a little bit longer. :whistling:

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 22nd, '11, 19:43

Just started this yesterday and I'm liking it so far. Love Hyun Bin's character to bits! :D

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Jan 22nd, '11, 20:57

Saturday and I should be downloading with anticipation the next new episode of Secret Garden, I can't, it's over, I can think of spin-offs, but alas the Koreans do not do that. Now I miss the show. What a beautiful journey it was.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 23rd, '11, 10:56

That souls switching continues with an upcoming drama "49 Days" and sounds v.interesting !
Last edited by Sham26 on Jan 30th, '11, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 23rd, '11, 11:24

No, no, drama 49 Days is about a guy who takes the souls of those who die. Swapping places will be in The Duo. I will be uploading 49 Days, so don't worry.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jan 29th, '11, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 23rd, '11, 11:41

Oh there are so many synopsis but I have faith in the writer ...anyway thank u Ethlenn :salut:

circuitlovers

Post by circuitlovers » Jan 26th, '11, 23:18

This drama was def. on the best, stayed right on the topic and all the parts were necessary.

IM GONNA MISSSSSSSSSS THIS DRAMA </3

Hyun Bin is coming into my pants tonite! aha

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 26th, '11, 23:49

Issy wrote::lol

but over all, I think i will recommand SG to my family and friends to watch. it's quiet an enjoyable ride. :wub:
YEA :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: I Highly recommend for this drama to anyone :P :P :P :P

circuitlovers

Post by circuitlovers » Jan 27th, '11, 00:21

Ethlenn wrote:No, no, drama 49 Days is about a guy who takes the souls of thosse who die. Swapping places will be in The Duo. I will be uploading 49 Days, so don't worry.
Wait, there's a season 2? :scratch:

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 29th, '11, 08:23

Hi!

They're done ... we've got English softsub! :wub: Direct download link: CLICK!

Thanks to all the contributors, fans and etc ...

Enjoy & take care! :cheers: :salut:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 29th, '11, 19:09

circuitlovers wrote:
Ethlenn wrote:No, no, drama 49 Days is about a guy who takes the souls of thosse who die. Swapping places will be in The Duo. I will be uploading 49 Days, so don't worry.
Wait, there's a season 2? :scratch:
NO I don't think so :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 29th, '11, 19:16

If there was I would write : "There is season 2". Did I write it?

Swapping places, not souls will be in The Duo
Plus Hyun Bin is going to the army in March...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 29th, '11, 19:41

Found my posting ablity once more.

I have to say that sometimes the posts get a little outre for my old eyes.

No reply needed...just saying.
Last edited by Peggy on Jan 29th, '11, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 29th, '11, 19:43

By the way did Binnie get into the Marines as he wished?? Tough going, but shorter time I think.
Last edited by Peggy on Jan 29th, '11, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.