My Princess (MBC,2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 13th, '11, 10:55

i just read iluvasiandrama comment and suddenly remembered HY's comment, "People from other country might think that Korea's princesses are ALWAYS pretty." this made me lol for some stupid reason.

that said, i'm leaving my comment when i'm done with episode 12. :)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 13th, '11, 16:18

biniBningPunkista wrote:i just read iluvasiandrama comment and suddenly remembered HY's comment, "People from other country might think that Korea's princesses are ALWAYS pretty." this made me lol for some stupid reason.

that said, i'm leaving my comment when i'm done with episode 12. :)
Well LOL I am Asian born in United States :D and not just thinking that way for Korean but for all romance comedy dramas in Asia and in the States too so hope that clears things up there . :roll

I can't help it if Korean writers, producers and directors expose it that way. They seem to enjoy having a ugly/poor lead girl and super hot lead guy in MOST of their dramas. I really like seeing the poor girl get the hot guy and it appears MOST in Kdrama's than any other I have seen and I watch plenty of TWdrama, Cdrama, Jdrama, USdrama, UKdrama etc. But that could be because there are more Kdramas available online than other Asian dramas.

I just watched the 12th episode of My Princess and I like it so much I really want to see how it ends! I am so glad I stuck with it and did not give up on the drama. YAY!

P.S. Kim Tae Hee's teeth look really uncomfortable in her mouth like they are fake. I read up online that she has false upper teeth and you can really tell when you look at her mouth. Her teeth are too big on top. Anyhow she is still PRETTY and much prettier than her rival :lol

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 13th, '11, 19:15

I watched the 12th episode and I have to say that it is getting pretty interesting...
:-)
Can't wait to see what happens next...
What you said about her teeth, I too found it odd on her...
she's a petite little creature with way too big teeth that she cant handle..
Wonder why she got fake teeth???

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 14th, '11, 03:44

ziliey wrote:I watched the 12th episode and I have to say that it is getting pretty interesting...
Can't wait to see what happens next...
What you said about her teeth, I too found it odd on her...
she's a petite little creature with way too big teeth that she cant handle..
Wonder why she got fake teeth???

hehehe... IDK but whoever was her Dentist should be fired! :salut: She should have them re-done. She is so pretty but the teeth are so noticeable and looks like they don't fit in her mouth properly. Looks really uncomfortable and is a bit distracting.

Can't wait for the rest of the episodes! Meanwhile I am watching Autumn's Concerto.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 14th, '11, 17:03

I like to watch pretty things so it is kind of sad to see when ugly (or not so pretty) girl wins. I kind of pity this hot and handsome guy, with apparent eyes problem (or rather "writers hate me" problem). And usually they (girls I mean) have manners problem so big that even I would dig myself hole and buried myself just to avoid being seen with them. It's better now but in old drama... :blink. I always thought it's like writers had ugly past and they were bulied in school and now put their complex on screen to see at least there that being ugly, stupid, poor and bad mannered is key to sucess. Kind of strange message :unsure:

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Feb 14th, '11, 21:59

It's hilarious how the teeth were brought up. I found them super distracting at first too, but for some reason I don't mind them anymore.

As for the show...wow...as of episode 10 it has gotten extremely boring. Started off shakey, kind of got entertaining and then around episode 7-8 it got boring again. Trying to be serious when it doesn't have the foundation to be that way (the plot itself is completely unrealistic).

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 14th, '11, 22:23

I don't have problems with lead girl being pretty or not so pretty and very ordinary ( hate the term ugly 8) ). All I care is her chemistry with the lead or even second lead guy and which OTP I connect more emotionally. What I hate is when they portray an obviously a less prettier ( when they actually have some one to compare to and in their eyes is better looking) girl/woman as extremely good looking. Like here in MP. Of course in casting KTH they are focusing on her beauty (otherwise they would chose an ordinary beauty looking actress) aspects. So why on earth they refer to YJ as very sophisticated most beautiful women there and maybe on earth when they know perfectly well that is not the case in viewer's eyes. Of course, beauty is in the eye of beholder but at the same times they make these comments clearly to get apposite reaction from viewers.

The most hilarious example of what I mean is really greatly portrayed in Tamra The Island drama. Their meaning of beauty was totally apposite from every where else.
:lol

Anyway, I'm still stocked in ep9. For some reasons don't have enough willingness to watch these 4 eps. I might wait till it finish and watch the rest with lots of fast forwarding every annoying and frustrating YJ and LD scenes. They are not clever enough evil characters for me to ruin my mood and get my blood to it's boiling point. I don't mind evil characters if they are interesting to watch. But there are certain cliche evil characters that only make you angry and frustrated. :cussing:

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 14th, '11, 22:25

I don't have problems with lead girl being pretty or not so pretty and very ordinary ( hate the term ugly 8) ). All I care is her chemistry with the lead or even second lead guy and which OTP I connect more emotionally. What I hate is when they portray an obviously a less prettier ( when they actually have some one to compare to and in their eyes is better looking) girl/woman as extremely good looking. Like here in MP. Of course in casting KTH they are focusing on her beauty (otherwise they would chose an ordinary beauty looking actress) aspects. So why on earth they refer to YJ as very sophisticated most beautiful women there and maybe on earth when they know perfectly well that is not the case in viewer's eyes. Of course, beauty is in the eye of beholder but at the same times they make these comments clearly to get apposite reaction from viewers.

The most hilarious example of what I mean is really greatly portrayed in Tamra The Island drama. Their meaning of beauty was totally apposite from every where else.

Anyway, I'm still stocked in ep9. For some reasons don't have enough willingness to watch these 4 eps. I might wait till it finish and watch the rest with lots of fast forwarding every annoying and frustrating YJ and LD scenes. They are not clever enough evil characters for me to ruin my mood and get my blood to it's boiling point. I don't mind evil characters if they are interesting to watch. But there are certain cliche evil characters that only make you angry and frustrated. :cussing:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 14th, '11, 22:35

Issy wrote:I don't have problems with lead girl being pretty or not so pretty and very ordinary ( hate the term ugly 8) ). All I care is her chemistry with the lead or even second lead guy and which OTP I connect more emotionally. What I hate is when they portray an obviously a less prettier ( when they actually have some one to compare to and in their eyes is better looking) girl/woman as extremely good looking. Like here in MP. Of course in casting KTH they are focusing on her beauty (otherwise they would chose an ordinary beauty looking actress) aspects. So why on earth they refer to YJ as very sophisticated most beautiful women there and maybe on earth when they know perfectly well that is not the case in viewer's eyes. Of course, beauty is in the eye of beholder but at the same times they make these comments clearly to get apposite reaction from viewers.

LOL, I noticed that too and actually it is kind of insulting to KTH's rival. I like the evil mom/stepmother like Gu Jun Pyo's mom in BBF and Han Hyo Joo (Go Eun Sung) stepmother in Shining Inheritance. They keep the fierceness going until the end, but they are more "seasoned" actresses and that could be why they were good evil ones.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 15th, '11, 07:14

iluvasiandrama I will not and cannot compare Fox Face to Mishil of queen seon duk. I love evil people in drama's too because they're the people we are programmed to hate. But here, foxface just won't make the cut. The scripts are telling us she's supposed to be intelligent and pretty and young but it is soOo not true. My eyes and ears cannot deceive me too much whenever i see her on the screen. no matter how much the other characters in the drama say about her it just doesn't fit. I would have to say that Kim Tae Hee was an even better evil sister in Stairway to Heaven than Foxface could ever be.

Done watching episode 11-12. I'd have to say the last parts on each episode, ONCE AGAIN caught me by surprise. I was sort of thinking that they would be dragging everything more on about Lee Seol's position than the conflict that was introduced on every last scene of these 2 episodes. Ah... i have more reason to watch and look forward for the up coming episode. I'm still loving HY and LS's chemistry. even though things are getting more and more serious, the smile on my face still can't be rubbed off. >_<

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 15th, '11, 17:26

biniBningPunkista wrote:iluvasiandrama I will not and cannot compare Fox Face to Mishil of queen seon duk. I love evil people in drama's too because they're the people we are programmed to hate. But here, foxface just won't make the cut. The scripts are telling us she's supposed to be intelligent and pretty and young but it is soOo not true. My eyes and ears cannot deceive me too much whenever i see her on the screen. no matter how much the other characters in the drama say about her it just doesn't fit. I would have to say that Kim Tae Hee was an even better evil sister in Stairway to Heaven than Foxface could ever be.

Done watching episode 11-12. I'd have to say the last parts on each episode, ONCE AGAIN caught me by surprise. I was sort of thinking that they would be dragging everything more on about Lee Seol's position than the conflict that was introduced on every last scene of these 2 episodes. Ah... i have more reason to watch and look forward for the up coming episode. I'm still loving HY and LS's chemistry. even though things are getting more and more serious, the smile on my face still can't be rubbed off. >_<
:w00t: Did you actually call her "Fox Face"?! ROTFLMBO... wait until I tell my sis she will not stop laughing. Ok seriously, I absolutely have to watch Stairway to Heaven next after MP. Thanks! Omo... "Fox Face" is only one year older than KTH?! Wow

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Feb 17th, '11, 02:09

Watched ep 11-12. These eps put the drama back into the entertaining category for me. Fox face...lol...she does sort of look like a fox.

el_canuck

"FOXFACE"

Post by el_canuck » Feb 19th, '11, 01:50

This is not a defense of Foxface, more of an understanding of Park Ye Jin. I started to watch KDrama with Dae Jo Yeong, a long drama (130+episodes) and the whole story wrapped around Foxface's part, then I watch The Great Catsby where, believe it or not, Foxface was the lead in a romantic comedy. Again in Hateful But Once Again she is the romantic lead in a real soapy show. Queen Seon Duk I watched because one of my favorites, Ko Hyun Jung (Miss Korea 1989) was the bad guy (Mishi).
Park Ye Jin is one of those actresses that can play any part. Her job as an actress is to make you hate her and she does that well. The best evil witch that I have ever seen in KDrama is Kim Mi Sook from Shinning Inheritance, she was evil personified, but in an interview was really funny and had said, she had never played a bad guy before.
Mishi in Queen Seon Duk was bad, but in my mind she will always be the character in Whats Up Fox, one of my absolute favorites, if you forget about the other couple in the show, skip through their parts.

A female fox is called a vixen and that term also means a smart pretty lady and that could be Park Ye Jin, if she would only let her hair grow and smile.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 19th, '11, 03:50

She just doesn't look happy at all, just sad. Maybe she had a hard life IDK but I wish her all the best though. She is too nice to play those parts she should stick with historical and HBOA type of dramas.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 19th, '11, 04:08

I know you do not watch the older dramas, but take a peek at The Love Catsby to see her in a different light.
I noticed you like Nodame, my favorite JDrama, I hope you like Natsu no Koi. I am a big Yuko fan. I loved her in Pride, and Matsumoto I liked in Kimi wa Petto. Natsu is a different type of romance because in the lovers triangle one is already dead. How do you compete against that?

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 19th, '11, 04:54

el_canuck wrote:I know you do not watch the older dramas, but take a peek at The Love Catsby to see her in a different light.
I noticed you like Nodame, my favorite JDrama, I hope you like Natsu no Koi. I am a big Yuko fan. I loved her in Pride, and Matsumoto I liked in Kimi wa Petto. Natsu is a different type of romance because in the lovers triangle one is already dead. How do you compete against that?
:O Really! Thanks for telling me now I don't want to watch it. What's another good one to watch that's addictive funny and romantic and of course very strict or mean parent/rival?

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 19th, '11, 23:43

Please watch the first episode at least, It is a beautiful story.
You have too many restrictions on your dramas. I know of many shows, but not in 2010. Relax your time frame restrictions and you might get a larger feedback on Kdramas to watch. I can think of some, but they came out around 2005-2006.
If you drop Natsu on JDrama see Kimi wa Petto, one of my favorites.

In My Princess, this next episode (15) should be the big one and 16, just a closure. That is if the writer does this one like Secret Garden.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 20th, '11, 00:10

I will watch first episode and I already watched Kimi wa Petto. Ok I will relax time frames that's fine by me as long as it's addictive romance comedy mean rival/parent type and NOT TOO OLD AND OUTDATED. Anything between 2007-2011 :lol

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 20th, '11, 06:38

Finished watching episode 13...
It was so and so..
I think things will get more clearer in episode 14..

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 20th, '11, 22:59

I just finished Ep 14 and this drama is soooo good :cheers: I can't wait for the last 2 episodes. I wish the older sister's role was traded for Foxy Face's then that would have made it way more interesting but it's still a good drama.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 21st, '11, 15:28

i think its just me that finds this all too... nonsensical.
i've been following the drama and I HAD to skip some scenes because i find them draggy. *sigh* i am trying my best but i am thoroughly disappointed with the story line. I mean Hae Young's father still doesn't have that total closure and I wonder what's going to happen in these last 2 episode. WHAT ELSE are they going to muddle with and try to get away with the CUTE between the 2 leads?

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 21st, '11, 15:40

biniBningPunkista wrote:i think its just me that finds this all too... nonsensical.
i've been following the drama and I HAD to skip some scenes because i find them draggy. *sigh* i am trying my best but i am thoroughly disappointed with the story line. I mean Hae Young's father still doesn't have that total closure and I wonder what's going to happen in these last 2 episode. WHAT ELSE are they going to muddle with and try to get away with the CUTE between the 2 leads?
NO. it's not only you. over the past 14 eps i have been trying to see what all these fuss about this drama when i read on other forums and still don't get it. specially when i read people analysis of every word has been said or any step being taken as it has some very deep and meaningful reasons.
it's just your typical very average cliche rom-com kdrama. nothing more or less. and I don't think they planed it otherwise. :whistling:

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 21st, '11, 16:09

The reason we are plodding through this drama is that there really is nothing else current. Watch Paradise Ranch and My Princess will will look like a work of art. Last year at this time we had Personal Preference, Birth of a Rich Man, Prosecutor Princess, Harvest Villa and Oh My Lady. They were not all great, but better than what we have this year and for some of us, anything following Secret Garden, just will NOT make it.I have switched to the Japanese side for awhile and will watch old dramas again and again.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 21st, '11, 16:50

el_canuck wrote:The reason we are plodding through this drama is that there really is nothing else current. Watch Paradise Ranch and My Princess will will look like a work of art. Last year at this time we had Personal Preference, Birth of a Rich Man, Prosecutor Princess, Harvest Villa and Oh My Lady. They were not all great, but better than what we have this year and for some of us, anything following Secret Garden, just will NOT make it.I have switched to the Japanese side for awhile and will watch old dramas again and again.
augh! I'm you with that. it's a good thing Grey's anatomy hasn't ceased to amaze me in every episode... i still have something to look forward to every week. not until the HIATUS time comes again for filming.

as for secret garden, i'm not going there because MP and SG are beyond comparable. NOT in a million years. MP was joyful in some aspects... but it's just not working anymore after 14 episodes. even the way they tried to compromise Lee Seol's character and get her into the Princess duties act... still not working for me.

There are so many drama's that are in a nonexistent story line and they make it really well. But this monarchy is beyond repair. I blame the writers because i think Rom-Com suit the two lead characters, let's not just make them too SAPPY again.
Issy wrote:NO. it's not only you. over the past 14 eps i have been trying to see what all these fuss about this drama when i read on other forums and still don't get it. specially when i read people analysis of every word has been said or any step being taken as it has some very deep and meaningful reasons.
it's just your typical very average cliche rom-com kdrama. nothing more or less. and I don't think they planed it otherwise. :whistling:
...and i have been crossing my fingers that the story line would get better after that episode 13. Boy was I disappointed on that one. I thought HY has finally done SOMETHING feasibly right for a change. tsk. i'm currently watching Dream High and those sing-songy-dancing kids are impressing me more that these two adult who's trying to act all cute and kissy at the same time. don't get me wrong... i LIKE watching them cute... but 14 episodes of being cute would not get them anywhere if the plot line is crumbling all over the place. it's just... sad.

oh... btw Issy, i have something for you. I found this in my very old stuff... a crappy gif but nonetheless i hope this made you smile. (counter attack against MY Princess glum)

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 21st, '11, 17:28

biniBningPunkista wrote:oh... btw Issy, i have something for you. I found this in my very old stuff... a crappy gif but nonetheless i hope this made you smile. (counter attack against MY Princess glum)
:cheers: most definitely made my day dear. who can say NO to Mr Sad Eyes? ehem, well atleast 2 will say "not me" :mrgreen:

I think i have to agree with everyone on the fact that season definitely lacks some good dramas. the ones i have been reading about, have not made me curious enough to watch them. as for Dream High, it's not my cup of tea at all. I really can't stand any musicals and singing in any drama. Nodame and BV were on Classic side so they were enjoyable to watch. saying this, I really can't wait for What's Up drama. the things i have to endure for sake my favourite guys. :whistling:

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 21st, '11, 17:29

Hey, MP is not that bad, just like Secret Garden it is a fantasy. There is no monarchy, there never is any mention of N.Korea in any drama, just sit back and watch how the two finally get together.
In Secret Garden, I couldn't get over the two driving around in a convertible with the top down in the winter. I owned a convertible and when it got below 60 the top went up. I would have the heat on full blast and all the windows rolled up to stay warm at around 60. Don't be too critical, just enjoy, I did.
Try watching Good-bye Solo and or Harvest Villa for more intellectual viewing.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 21st, '11, 17:52

el_canuck wrote:The reason we are plodding through this drama is that there really is nothing else current. Watch Paradise Ranch and My Princess will will look like a work of art. Last year at this time we had Personal Preference, Birth of a Rich Man, Prosecutor Princess, Harvest Villa and Oh My Lady. They were not all great, but better than what we have this year and for some of us, anything following Secret Garden, just will NOT make it.I have switched to the Japanese side for awhile and will watch old dramas again and again.
I agree. After My Princess I am sticking w/sageuk kdramas for a while until more romantic comedies (like MMM BBF OML) surface. I too have been watching more Jdramas but I have always alternated between Korean, Japanese & Chinese dramas.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 21st, '11, 17:57

Issy wrote:
I think i have to agree with everyone on the fact that season definitely lacks some good dramas. the ones i have been reading about, have not made me curious enough to watch them. as for Dream High, it's not my cup of tea at all. I really can't stand any musicals and singing in any drama. Nodame and BV were on Classic side so they were enjoyable to watch. saying this, I really can't wait for What's Up drama. the things i have to endure for sake my favourite guys. :whistling:
I agree. I don't like musicals like Glee and Dream High with all the singing and dancing type.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 21st, '11, 18:24

I have no idea what's happening in MP...
:unsure:
I'm thinking of giving it up
:whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 21st, '11, 18:40

I dropped this around episode 8 or so. It's boring, it's confusing, the characters are uninteresting. The series is simply all over the place and chaotic.
I've managed to watch most dramas I started till the end, even if I don't like them enough for a rewatch, but this and Marry Me, Mary I just had to drop.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 21st, '11, 20:41

ziliey wrote:I have no idea what's happening in MP...
:unsure:
I'm thinking of giving it up
:whistling:
Only 2 more episodes to go, hang in there :mrgreen: . Ep 13 was the best so far to me. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it but it is really good. I admit it may not be as good as MMM, OML and BBF but it is okay.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 22nd, '11, 03:58

el_canuck wrote:Hey, MP is not that bad, just like Secret Garden it is a fantasy. There is no monarchy, there never is any mention of N.Korea in any drama, just sit back and watch how the two finally get together.
i liked secret garden for what it is... as you could read on my previous posts, like a couple of weeks past til episode 12... I definitely vouched for MP. even in it's chaotic plot line. i couldn't say i totally did not enjoy it, because that would be lying. what just annoys me is how it downgrades and disappoints me so much. i watch dramas without too much analysis. i can do that. i tried that here in MP and its just not working anymore. the charm that i experienced for the beginning episodes was not on the second half thus ending up tiring.

but regardless of my complaints, i hate not finishing what i started (i beat myself up so badly when that happens) so i will go through the pain of watching the last 2 remaining episodes.

iluvasiandrama you did not just say you liked MMM and BBF did you??? noOo. :cry: I mean... really? :crazy: why???

:offtopic:
i'll say i watched MMM and BBF and enjoyed SOME scenes. I even blogged BBF in some point because of the cute moments BUT... it will never go down in my history of MUST watch shows or RECOMMENDED dramas because it's just not. I would rather recommend Cinderella's sister than MMM. Never mind the melancholy-angsty theme but its better. waaaaay... better than MMM. while BBF was all pretty... i'm betting all my dollars in Hana Yori Dango even if Jun Matsumoto and Mao Inoue was still young and not really pretty. at least they had the heart of portraying the real Boys Over Flowers theme.

as for MP. not recommending it either BUT will finish till the end. :)

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 22nd, '11, 04:47

All I meant was, what's the alternative? There are no other current romantic comedies except Paradise Ranch and if you have any barf bags left after MMM, you will need them for PR. Remember you have a choice, just turn the TV or computer or whatever off and do something else, or grin and bear it for 2 more episodes. The choice is yours. Athena finished today, so now I will watch that for a change of pace. I have been waiting so long so I could watch it all at once.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 22nd, '11, 07:22

Marry me Mary was better than this

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 22nd, '11, 07:43

ziliey wrote:Marry me Mary was better than this
I prefer MP over MMM any given day. :whistling:
actually, if you had some grudge against me and you wanted me to suffer badly, just tie me up and put MMM on. it will leave some unrepairable damages for sure. :goggle:

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 22nd, '11, 09:51

Hehehehe!!!
Same goes for me but If you put MP on I'd die screaming bloody murder!
:P
:cheers:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 22nd, '11, 14:21

biniBningPunkista wrote: iluvasiandrama you did not just say you liked MMM and BBF did you??? noOo. :cry: I mean... really? :crazy: why???

:offtopic:
i'll say i watched MMM and BBF and enjoyed SOME scenes. I even blogged BBF in some point because of the cute moments BUT... it will never go down in my history of MUST watch shows or RECOMMENDED dramas because it's just not. I would rather recommend Cinderella's sister than MMM. Never mind the melancholy-angsty theme but its better. waaaaay... better than MMM. while BBF was all pretty... i'm betting all my dollars in Hana Yori Dango even if Jun Matsumoto and Mao Inoue was still young and not really pretty. at least they had the heart of portraying the real Boys Over Flowers theme.

as for MP. not recommending it either BUT will finish till the end. :)
Hehehe yes I confess I said it :mrgreen: It's true though ROTFLMBO :lol I just read your hidden post... can't stop laughing because it sounds like you really liked BBF you even wrote about it too..:mrgreen: hehehe
Last edited by iluvasiandrama on Feb 22nd, '11, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 22nd, '11, 14:32

Come on everyone! MP is a cool drama if you compare it to what's come out this year. Last year dramas got good going to the end of the year so sometimes it may take time for producers to see our reaction before they put out certain dramas. IDK but I think they put out a couple at the beginning of the year and then wait for ratings and use the ratings as a way to measure what dramas they will put out for the year, I'm just guessing.

Why abandon watching MP now when it's only 2 more episodes? Just watch it to say you finished it, that's what I did with Chuno, I didn't like it at all but I finished it just to give it my all AND because I had already watched so much I just finished it. Now I just need to keep my word and watch Secret Garden because I watched 3 episodes and turned it off, but I will try to finish it when I finish Damo. I keep hearing SG didn't start getting really good until 1/2 way through so I will try it again.

Anyhow, there isn't much else on right now that is good as (cover your eyes :roll ) SS MMM OML BBF CP FH. Might as well enjoy MP :D

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 22nd, '11, 15:46

[quote="iluvasiandrama"]. I keep hearing SG didn't start getting really good until 1/2 way through so I will try it again.

It sooo is GOOD!!!
SG, in my opinion is the best drama to have been released last year!!!!
You gotta watch it!!
Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won were sooo good in it!!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 23rd, '11, 05:13

iluvasiandrama wrote:Hehehe yes I confess I said it :mrgreen: It's true though ROTFLMBO :lol I just read your hidden post... can't stop laughing because it sounds like you really liked BBF you even wrote about it too..:mrgreen: hehehe
I did. :cry: now i feel like a loser for liking it enough to blog it in. :glare: but those were the days and we are supposed to be talking about MP here. LOLs :roll

sad as i am to say this... i'm just watching episodes 15 and 16 for the sake of finishing the show. just so i could say i finished it. no more analyzing or guessing for me. on second thought, i wonder how foxface is doing in her new work? I feel so sad about her dad though...

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 23rd, '11, 06:21

biniBningPunkista :lol you are too funny! I am waiting for Ep 15 & 16 subs of MP. I just finished Damo and it was so awesome :cheers:
Last edited by iluvasiandrama on Feb 24th, '11, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

Norikoko

Post by Norikoko » Feb 24th, '11, 18:30

mmm I have the feeling that Ep. 15 was a bit of a filler lol
still waiting for the next one tho C:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 25th, '11, 02:37

Yes I agree Ep 15 was a bit weird. I was tempted to watch the last ep. 16 without the subs but after 5 minutes of viewing, I realized I needed to know exactly what was being said so I too am waiting for the last episode.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 25th, '11, 12:43

Well I did not wait for the subs and watched it anyway. I thought it sucked. Would I like to rewrite this drama. I like the actors, yes even "foxface", to me the writer is the main culprit.
Well I will wait now for everyone else because I know there will be others who have something to say about this drama. It had so much potential.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 25th, '11, 14:37

I watched it with subs but I agree the ending sucked. Sloppy kissing it looked so distasteful to me. Her teeth seem to be so uncomfortable in her mouth because she always folds her lips in. It's so distracting the way she moves her mouth around and bites her lips. It just looked sloppy. Oh well, it was just something to watch. I guess SG is next on the list to watch for me.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 25th, '11, 16:30

You are lucky, you get to watch SG to get this out of your mind. Please post your reaction to SG and I will start looking for it. SG was #1 in Korea for almost the whole run. It never was below 3rd and was number 1 the last 6 episodes, it was that good.

This is my last post on MP (I think)

loki88

Post by loki88 » Feb 28th, '11, 02:19

I liked this drama until ep14...
The last 2 episodes were sloppy and dull and the end didn't convinced me... T.T

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 28th, '11, 02:33

At last it ended!!!
And I have to say it was torturous to watch!!
Hated the ending most!!!
I mean how in the world can a princess ditch her country for a man??
That doesn't make sense!!
Anyways, I'm glad its over and done with
Next please!!!
8)

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Mar 1st, '11, 01:49

Ziliey - in the future please be more considerate when posting spoilers. It is fairly predictable, but now that I know, you have kind of ruined the ending for me.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Mar 1st, '11, 02:10

Sorry about that mate.. will do in the future...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 1st, '11, 07:50

ziliey wrote: I mean how in the world can a princess ditch her country for a man??
"I would marry him I loved, and give up my throne and my country," Caroline Matilda, Queen of Denmark (1751-1775)

"King Edward VIII did something that monarchs do not have the luxury of doing - he fell in love. King Edward was in love with Mrs. Wallis Simpson, not only an American, but also a married woman already once divorced. Yet, in order to marry the woman he loved, King Edward was willing to give up the British throne"

Prince Charles also gave up the thrown for Camille.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Mar 1st, '11, 08:50

Princess Lee Soul wasn't going to give up the throne at first remember???
When he had even begged her to so I dunno about this one..
the whole drama wasn't enjoyable at all
at least for me..
:D

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 2nd, '11, 01:15

Maybe the 2 years apart made her realize how important he is to her. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Mar 2nd, '11, 07:59

Maybe...
Well aside from Kim tae hee's acting and the funny moments here and there I have to say I am not that fond of this drama
Wonder how the other dramas would turn out to be this year???

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 2nd, '11, 08:42

I don't know the line up of dramas showing this year but there's a few actors I will be checking out. Kim Jae Won in "Can you hear my heart", Jung Yong Hwa and Park Shin Hye's new drama, the Hong sister's new drama and maybe Micky's new drama.

I'm still watching My Princess. I haven't finished it yet but I think the drama is so so. It's nothing fantastic, but great eye candy :) I just realized how much I miss watching SSH ^^; I haven't seen any of his dramas or movies for a long time.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Mar 2nd, '11, 08:57

perhaps he was in the military during that time.. and I have to agree with you..
Good eye candy
:w00t:
I'm looking forward to yoon eun hye's love song and lee min ho's City hunter...
I'm quite new with the Korean drama arena so I don't know many actors/ actresses
But I do have my favorites!!!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 2nd, '11, 10:34

Well, even after SSH came out of the military I haven't been watching his projects. I tried watching first ep of East of Eden and got bored. It's not my cup of tea.

I was thinking of watching City Hunter but after I read the whole story is changed. It's not even City Hunter anymore. I wonder if it's just named that to attract attention.

I stopped watching Korean dramas for awhile and watched Jdramas cuz they were getting so repetitive. But You're Beautiful started me watching Kdramas again. I would recommend that for comedy. It was hilarious and got sappy near the end. I recently saw Sungkyungkwan Scandal. It has tons of plot holes but over all the drama was entertaining. I sometimes prefer second leads to leads but Micky was quite endearing as the dysfunctional geek. His acting was believable overall IMO. He picked the right role for a newbie. Expressionless LOL

Since you like Lee Min Ho I guess you saw personal taste. I love the song btw ^^;

You know one thing that irks me about My Princess. It's that Lee Seon keeps crying all the time --; The character really acts like a princess who can't do anything but cry whenever a problem arises rather than trying to deal with it head on. I guess after ep12, she seems to be more proactive.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Mar 2nd, '11, 11:26

Oh yeah!!! Her crying almost all the time really got to me!!
I mean come on, you have to get your act together to face fox face right???
Hehehee I have already watched You're Beautiful and am obsessed with it!!
I love everyone in it and it's such a great comedy all the way through!!
And I love A.N.Jell hehehehe
I haven't watched Sungkyunkwan scandal so I think I will start with that...
Personal Taste was good and I love the pairing..
oooh and if you loved YB you must know that there is going to be a drama with Park Shyn Hye and Jung Yonghwa!!!
Read all about it and I can't wait for it
Btw, I am not sure if posting a link is prohibited or not so I'l pm the link about the drama for you!!!

bubbsie

Post by bubbsie » Mar 2nd, '11, 13:37

i love lee min ho!! but i really dint like personal taste..

hahaha ya SSH really got hotter after coming out from army!

haha oo alot of people have recommended you're beautiful to me..i was thinking of watching dream high after im done with my princess =p

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Mar 2nd, '11, 20:22

Is Dream High good??
I haven't got round to watching it since it's a dance thing...
I'm a bit hesitant to watch it
:-(

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 3rd, '11, 02:10

I think you're better off watching YAB than Dream High? I only saw the trailers for it but it didn't attract my attention.

ziliey, yes JYH and PSH has a new drama together. JYH is also doing another drama with JaeJoong, Kim Jung Hoon and Song Hye Guo "Cinderella" I think. I'm hesitate to watch KJH but I'll watch it for JYH.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Mar 3rd, '11, 07:22

aaaah I didn't know about that!!!!
I think I will target that drama as well
Thanks for the tip!