JYJ: Jaejung-Yucheon-Junsu

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

JYJ: Jaejung-Yucheon-Junsu

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 9th, '11, 22:10

Kim Jaejung
Name: 영웅재중 / Young Woong Jae Joong
Also known as: Hero Jaejoong
Profession: Singer and actor
Birthdate: 1986-Jan-26
TV Shows
Protect The Boss (2011)
Telecinema Heaven's Postman (SBS, 2010)
Sunao ni Narenakute (Fuji TV, 2010)
Vacation (2006)
Banjun Drama (SBS, 2005)
Movies
Taegukgi (2004) cameo

Park Yucheon
Name: 믹키유천 / Micky Yoochun
Birthdate: 1986-Jun-04
TV Shows:
Rooftop Prince (SBS, 2012)
Miss Ripley (MBC, 2011)
Sungkyunkwan Scandal (KBS2, 2010)
Vacation (2006)
Rainbow Romance (MBC, 2005)
Banjun Drama (SBS, 2005)

Kim Junsu
Name: 시아준수 / Xiah Jun Su
Birthdate: 1986-Dec-15 (registered on 1987-Jan-01)
TV Shows:
Scent of Woman (2011), cameo
Vacation (2006)
Banjun Drama (SBS, 2005)
Musicals:
Elisabeth (2011/12)
Mozart (2009)
Tears of Heaven (2011)

Since all of them have some acting projects, I decided to open a thread for them.
Also, because they are first to fight against SME Goliath, even if one is not their fan, their perseverance and faith in it is worth mentioning.
Even though I try to report the most important things about their activities someplace else, I hope we can all discuss the issues concerning the trio here.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Mar 14th, '12, 10:14, edited 4 times in total.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Mar 9th, '11, 22:15

Thank you for making thread for the lovely boys ^^
I was gonna make thread for each boy in DBSK but JYJ thread is fine as well :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 9th, '11, 22:22

Well, actually I wanted to make a thread only for Yucheon (yes, I'm more biased and limited than you^^), but then I listened to Mozart songs and just... well... keunyang...

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 14th, '11, 02:37

Still liking Jae the most.. Kind of biased there I'm afraid. Sometimes you like someone just becouse. He just radiating this kind of feeling that make me think I would like this person even if one was not famous, had great voice and unique looks. Not to mention great determination.
Even if drama was disaster (in general, not becouse of him) Heaven's Posteman I liked very much. He shows a lot of promise there.

BTW from my point of view if they had to split they made it the best way in terms of members. My three the most liked are together. And with best voices and composing talents.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 14th, '11, 16:53

shiofmedea wrote: BTW from my point of view if they had to split they made it the best way in terms of members. My three the most liked are together. And with best voices and composing talents.
:whistling: :whistling:

And I have to add that Jaejung was the last for me from the aforementioned trio, but he's funny, have to give him that. I rewatched few days ago Making of 3rd Asia Tour Concert in Seoul, and I was laughing so bad...

Junsu was praised for his musical role, although some critics say he still has problems with low tones. They are not equally good as his high ones. Well, true... :whistling:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 14th, '11, 21:46

unfortunately yes, but still he has unique voice, easy to recognize too. And he was rather trained for higher tones so it's even more understandable. I was on Mozart in France and I like Junsu voice better. (going to buy DVD ;) ).
Jae on other hand have very colourful voice, clear and bright and the one I first recognized when I started listen to korean pop (and I started with some of their a capella ballades if I remember well). So sentimental value as well. I'm rather faithfull this way I guess. And as you said he is fun. Sometimes in the way you would stragle him if you were part of it but still difficult not to laugh and forgive. Clever, talented and nice, not usuall combination.
... I'm even more biased then I suspected... :whistling:

I must start SS, it take me so long lately to watch anything - too much work

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 14th, '11, 22:13

Oh, lucky you... I only have Mozart OST... eh...
Couldn't get ahold of Prague tickets, damn...
:cussing:

The voice of Jaejung is what I call "the bell", that means it's strong and clear, even though in a color I may not be very fond of... :unsure:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 16th, '11, 19:23

Meanwhile, popular boy band JYJ consisting of Jun-su, Jae-jung and Yu-chun, former members of TVXQ, donated 600 million won to international relief agency World Vision. The donation will be used for the aid and reconstruction of the quake-stricken cities and to organize a shelter for child victims. The band will continue their relief efforts in the long term through world tour concerts to raise awareness of plight of Japanese victims. The band will operate the SNS site (www.facebook.com/jyjworldtourconcert) to share supportive messages and hold donation programs in cooperation with World Vision and its fans from various countries.
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sp ... 83236.html

http://www.facebook.com/jyjworldtourconcert

aility

Post by aility » Mar 16th, '11, 19:31

so, does this worl concert involve Europe in ANY kind of way, or is the world still equal Asia, south pacific and US?.....just wondering

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 16th, '11, 19:54

I'd pay!! Screw the music, I'd love to see them in Europe!! :wub:

But that probably would mean higher costs of it all, so the profit for the relief project wouldn't be that great.
Eh, our poor Europe... :cussing:

aility

Post by aility » Mar 17th, '11, 08:11

Ah.. that is what I thought... They should have called it AsiaTour, so the European fans dont end up disappointed...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 17th, '11, 08:41

Eh... lucky US... Maybe we can send Peggy to their concert there? And she'd kidnap 1/3rd of it for us?
:alcoholic:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Mar 17th, '11, 12:24

Jeajoong tweet this 20 min go ^^

연습열심히하자!
http://yfrog.com/hsr49vxj

translation : Let's practice hard!

aility

Post by aility » Mar 17th, '11, 13:09

I feel sorry for YC, concert preparations AND shooting the new drama! ACK!! Why do the boys insist on working so hard???!!!

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Mar 17th, '11, 13:14

yeah they have a lot work to do :(

btw..Yoochun tweet this on 12 March :
제발좀...따라오지마세요....집앞에도 오지마세요....사생!

translation : Do not follow me .... just ... do not come in front of the house ...stalkers

I hate who fallowed him..he need privacy too :(

aility

Post by aility » Mar 17th, '11, 13:19

there are many crazy people out there.....

Fans who would do anything to get noticed =/

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 17th, '11, 15:49

Oh well, some idiots waited few years back close to KNG house and they took pics in the middle of the night when he was walking the dog. It's crazy. No, actually, it's scary. I think those fans have serious mental problems. They should be locked in some cozy, fluffy room without any handles. Whenever I see something like that, my blood boils!
:cussing:

Another problem:
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/na ... 83356.html

And a happier note:
Kim Jun Soo Musical Concert : Levay With Friends DVD is out!!

aility

Post by aility » Mar 18th, '11, 09:00

Akk... those boys. So many hurdles for them to overcome. hwaiting!!!!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 20th, '11, 12:23

Junsu was ranked as nr 4 of best high voices on the latest Entertainment Weekly show.
The cut of the video is available: Junsu and Jonghyeon, kekeke

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 21st, '11, 23:13

For the Tour it should be Asia & America Tour.. I do not get it, world has Europe too people!!!! Australia and Africa too of course but please, some bands come to Europe why never the one I like most? And I need visa to go to US! Additionaly as I do not live in my native country logistic is a bit complicated right now :cussing:

Ethlenn
Ha, so you live in Praga? It means I was closer before as I am from Poland.

Mozart was great here in Paris and is still very popular (I booked tickets 3 months in advance to have good place). Now I'm waiting for Dracula. And Junsu DVD of course (already on its way to my little hands :wub: ).

I hope they keep fighing and singing, I would love too go to their concert. I was thinking about vacation in Korea as part of my own "Asia Tour" but do anyone has a clue how to buy tickets? I went through this in Japan (it was soooo complicated) and found a way but I need connection in Korea too. Not only for JYJ, there are other bands I would like to see as well. Can I go through auction? In Japan it was not possible as I needed acount in Japan too even if I knew language enough to understand process. Here language is another blocking point for me :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '11, 08:42

Uhmm... not from Prague, no no, but close enough to be packed in 20 minutes and go to catch some train, if I succeeded. I didn't. Eh...
I'm considering buying Junsu's latest musical DVD (can't believe what he has done to me), so if you got it, please write a review^^

As for the tickets: JYJ's tickets are usually sold via their official website, and it's in Korean, but I trust there is an English version of it too. Bad thing? Time difference. 8 hours of it between Europe and Korea, so the opening of it might be when we are in a deep sleep or at work.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Mar 22nd, '11, 11:16

from Twitter yesterday/today tweet from the boys :D :

Yoochun :

잘지내죠~다들??^^
How are you guys?? ^ ^
촬영 잘하고올께요^^유타카~송유현 응원해주세요!!ㅇ ㅏㅈ ㅏ~
JYJ월드 투어~많이보러오시구요!!ㅇ ㅏㅈ ㅏ~
그리고 일본 진심으로 힘내요!!

I don't know the translation but second line talk about JYJ World tour

Jaejoong:
태국에서 다시 겸손이란걸 배운다! 축복받은 왕의 나라
Noticed that back in Thailand to learn humility! Thy kingdom is blessed

Junsu:
오랫만에..올립니다...^^난 드라이브가 너무 좋아..!
Raise in a long time .. .. I love it ...^^ I drive!
http://yfrog.com/hs7g9jlj

정말 오랫만에 셀카 찍는다 ㅎㅎ 옆자리에 타실분~~!!!!!
It takes a long time hehe next to the Self Camera tasilbun ~~!!!!!
http://yfrog.com/hs7g9jlj
모두 미안해요..영필님이 옆자리에 탑승했네요......;;ㅠ
Sorry .. forgot all aboard next to youngpilnimyi ......;; ㅠ
http://yfrog.com/h77stakj
Last edited by The Chaos on Mar 22nd, '11, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '11, 11:37

Oh, he's just anticipating the JYJ World Tour and gives his heart to people of Japan (yeah, my poetic translation, keke).

Jae: In Thailand I learn what humility is, the Royal Kingdom (of Thailand) is blessed.

And Junsu is saying that he just loves to drive, and they will raise in no time.

(consulted with my unni^^)

Edited: Junsu - I haven't done that in a while (the selca).
I'm very sorry I missed Yongpil who's next (to me) ㅠ

I like Junsu's glasses, so PSH-look alike, keke*^^*
Last edited by Ethlenn on Mar 22nd, '11, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Mar 22nd, '11, 11:39

I edited my post few times cause Junsu is twitting now ..Please check the translation for the last one :D

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 22nd, '11, 18:00

It usually takes around two weeks as I choose cheep version of transport (to save for another CD/DVD :lol ) but one I have it I will review for sure. I just hope it will come before my visit to Poland in this case it will wait for me coming back for next 3 weeks!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '11, 18:13

I am a patient girl, I can wait even 2 months. :mrgreen:

BTW. you were talking about the DVD with Mozart, right?

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 22nd, '11, 19:54

I was talking about this Kim Jun Soo Musical Concert : Levay With Friends which is Mozart to some extend (not musical itself sadly but as close as you can get). I do not think musical was filmed, in Paris yes, but not in Korea. Not the first disapointment of this kind for me, there are some other events which I would spent my money on with happy feelings but they did not think about it.

BTW I just watched Elle advertaisment Killer J. He has killer looks, in both meanings. Only thing against it, hitman should be not noticeable which is impossible in his case :wub: A big contrast when I remember Changmin appearining in Athena as agent, I was like, uh, please, take him back, this is not kindergarden, this is Agency! I like Min voice (his screams mostly but whatever) but person should know they shortcomings!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '11, 20:18

Yeah, I was talking about the same DVD, only I used unfortunate short form for it^^
The musical was filmed by some TV station and shown a year ago, but not the whole, but rather in some cuts. Also, fans recorded it, kekeke... The same was with Jihun's musicals, fans recorded it and a small me watched it like that, :wub:

Uhmm... Changmin... uhmm... :glare:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 22nd, '11, 20:41

Oh, really, be nice, his screams are great...
And sarcasm is my bad habbit :whistling:

about fan videos, I'm thankful but I loooove quality

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 23rd, '11, 19:25

I have just received Mozart concert DVD. First impression - very uneven performance. There are fragments/songs where he is great but for some.. it could be better for sure. He is lacking acting skills as well. I need to go through it carefuly to find what it is about. He has some problem with fast wording and sounds flat from time to time. And it is not quality problem becouse next person in duet sounds great... it can be this low tones problem. Generally slow songs with long lasting notes sound better. The problem is that I do not have my sound procesor here and good quality equipment so I can be 100% sure about performance level.
I try more detailed review on weekend

BTW for me he sounds better in Elisabeth, I wonder why? I guess this muted tones in counting parts plus high notes in singing parts fit his vice better.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 23rd, '11, 19:54

Well, he still has some issues with his low tones. Critics and Junsu are saying that. He said he'd like to improve on them, so I believe in some time (but boys don't have that luxury), his performances will be better and better.
:mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 24th, '11, 10:09

Aaarrrgghh!! Damn, damn... I watched Mozart excerpts again, damn, damn...

For Jaejung fans:
Teaser
Elle Movie (HD): Jaejoong (Killer J) 1/2
Elle Movie (HD): Jaejoong (Killer J) 2/2

ELLE Korea with Jaejung

I guess the whole movie is somewhere among those countless blogs, so I won't provide it here. Ohoho, nice concept, nice...

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 25th, '11, 00:04

when I see it I keep remembering one fan video from Seul concert when he forgoten/missed to pull gun out and was just standing with all guys around poining on him. And of course smiling with embarasment..
I don't like his hairs up this way.. but rest... I'm out of words.. Elle has talented staff. The contrast between his behevior off plan and what they bring out off him as end result always amaze me, here is another example.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 25th, '11, 06:38

I finally got around to listening their first Japanese album and watching JYJ Tokyo Dome concert. I've always noticed Jaejoong as the pretty boy but I wasn't interested in DBSK songs. After hearing their Japanese songs, I must say Jae Joong has a really nice voice. I prefer his voice out of all 3 of them. Second one I would say may be Yoo Chun cuz he has a deeper voice. Can't really get used to Junsu singing. It's a hit and miss. Sometimes his voice seems raspy or something.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 25th, '11, 07:33

shiofmedea, and that wasn't planned? I though it was a part of the show, when they all had guns and he didn't. Hm... I think I need to see this concert once more...

As for their japanese albums - I'm the biggest hater on this planet. In Japanese their voices are a bit different. I did listen to them cause I'm a good girl, keke, and even though their concert in Tokyo Dome was superb, something was lacking.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 25th, '11, 07:41

I guess it depends on the type of music you like. I've listened to a few of their Korean songs and I prefer the Japanese ones. I'm not really into hip hop or rap at all. I prefer ballads. Maybe that's why I don't listen to many Korean sounds outside of Drama OSTs.

What I did notice is...don't they know how to dance? It's weird. I haven't seen anyone dance except Junsu. And they weren't always singing ballads.

I am quite impressed with their English singing. I suppose Micky helped them out? However, they could learn to enunciate some of the words more clearly.

I'm sure they really put a lot of effort into the concert. I'm impressed they memorized so many Japanese lines for their stage. Jae Joong seems to be very fluent in Japanese too. I wonder how long it took him to learn it. I'm impressed. Where did he find the time?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 25th, '11, 08:01

They all know how to speak Japanese, this is why their Tokyo Dome looked so natural on he linguistic level. And they are fluent, they were in some variety shows in Japan as well.

Dance? I suppose they know how to dance, and they showed this on every concert. :glare: Watch Mirotic Tour.

Music I like? Queen and Mike Oldfield. DBSK was of course natural chain of events... Sometimes we like something that is against our style.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 25th, '11, 09:13

They're all fluent? Weird. I felt sometimes Junsu and Yoochun seems to be struggling a bit with Japanese when they were speaking. Sometimes they're fluent sometimes I don't feel they're fluent. So I assumed they must have practiced the lines a lot. Jae Joong...well...he just blabs continuously and seems to talk the most so I get the feeling he's really fluent in it. There's no hesitation in his speech.

yes sometimes I like things outside my style. But after awhile I get sick of it again. Like Jay Chow. I hate rap and hip hop but somehow I liked his rapping. But after awhile I got tired of it and his mumbling. Yoochun seems to rap a lot too but it's not too excessive when mixed in with pop music so I can tolerate it. Yoochun would probably go on bottom of the list but I don't like Junsu's voice more :P At least Yoochun has a deeper voice / soul sound.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 25th, '11, 18:44

The tickets for the opening of The World Tour are available through:
http://www.411ent.com/
http://www.thaiticketmajor.com/concert/ ... 11-eng.php

But since I don't understand a word, unless boys in the video speak Korean, can't help with anything.
Still, Thailand is so far away... :cry:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 25th, '11, 20:45

first regqrding this gun incident - yes it was his mistake, one of many, he has tendency to make them, in very cute way I must add but I had lost objectivness here long time ago :lol
Second, fact is they have a lot of songs just translated from Korean to Japanese. I wouldn't agree that their Korean portfolio consist of hip-hop and rap as they started as more ballad oriented band (ok without Triangle which is specyfic anyway). Check early stage Seirin. And check Purple line and even better Rising Sun or "O". Those are good introductions to "not ballad world" . Mirotic as well.
And try 2AM maybe or SM Ballad - they may be your taste.

The problem with any language is the same, more you use it mor fluent you are. Jae had a lot experience with Japan entertaiment on his own outside group so right now he may be teh best among them three. But if you are really interested you can watch some of their first apperances in Japanese shows and see that they improved a lot. Anyway they were trained in language as part of promotion of Korean enteratiment in Japan (you can say first wave). And they were not happy at that time!

Junsu has very interesting voice and well trained, problem is not all he can cover with his scale and characteristic. He has tendency to be blocked in duets too especially if second person will go high, strong and clear hence Timeless and part of Mozart concert. Still prefer Jae..
And Queen is not the same any more.. :cry:

I can't go to Thailand unfortuantely, not now anyway. I need them to perform in late summer or autum. Please, please, please.. I will go anywhere, it's my vacation time I can improvise a bit. :pray: Korea, Thailand, Japan (hmm), China, Taiwan, Singapore is ok.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 25th, '11, 20:53

Hmm, they started as acapella band, hmmm...

And no, I know Jaejung is known for his lack of memory on stage (he even forgot his lines few times), but I know I saw the concert on which the gun incident wasn't his fault. Eh well, I'm not gonna argue anyway, whatever. It doesn't shoo my sleep away anyway.

I was never fond of Jaejung voice, but I could always appreciate the strength of it if not the color (you know what I'm saying, right?), but Junsu... well, I had problem with Junsu. I liked his high parts of vocale, true, but overall... hmm... ah damn, my love for Junsu started after the Mozart I guess (well, Love in the Ice helped a lot, true).

Queen? Don't tell me about that band of nowadays b*tches trying to ride a stiff horse!! Queen is dead. D-E-D. Dead.
I love the old Queen, and Oldfield from before 2005.

Their Tour now will take around 2 months. No Summer, sadly...

But I wonder when Yucheon and Jaejung will find time for their dramas, boy, oh boy!!

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 25th, '11, 22:11

Or maybe it was not his mistake, I just remember video, not context.. I love how his voice lead and all others wrap around it. Junsu voice is broken so as I said it suits for limited parts only. Jae's is vibrant and more universal, Yucheon's lower and smooth.

Generally I'm not into old bands started once again or after some falling out for whatever reason. It's never the same. They are exeptions of course.

It there any confirmation for Jae? I'm a little out of it right now :-(

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 26th, '11, 02:02

I can't stand big bands. The most I can handle is duo or trio. After that I'm lost. Too many people running around and I get dazed. Even Shinhwa I was like...er...who is who...I can't tell so many people running around the stage. It's easier to concentrate on their singing when there's less people. Duo or Trio works cuz they can create harmony by singing in different octaves. Like I like how Yoochun sings the low key mixed with Jae Joong's mid or high key. He seems to be able to sing in all keys except maybe the low octaves that Yoochun does well.

It was funny how Junsu kept screwing up ^^; During the concert, JJ and YC was singing together the last part over and over again to different parts of the audience. JS shows up and they invite him to sing with them but he messes up the harmony LOL

I think they tease JS a lot though at the concert. Like how they didn't show his musical but showed Sunao and BeeTV. And how they drummer won't play when he says Junsu Time but the drummer plays for the others.

I absolutely enjoyed their Japanese concert. My favorites were W, itsu datte kimi ni, rainy blue and I have nothing.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 26th, '11, 02:29

those I proposed to you have 4 persons and I have no idea what are the boys names :lol . That I remember names for JYJ (or DBSK earlier) is the big sucess for me. I do not have good memory for names generally. I remember faces more.
Does the number matters if they sing well? But I agree that bunch of people is a bit confusing, I came across Super Juniors few times and I was never sure who is band member and who is backdancer (if they needed them :unsure: ).
I guess you are tolking about Thanksgiving concert? It's not my favorite, I think you could hear they trained less lately (I mean before this concert) Jae in particular. I wonder about this Tour, I hope there will be DVD.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 26th, '11, 05:14

It doesn't matter if they sing well or not. You don't need so many people in a group unless you're a band playing instruments. Or you're a choir group. It's especially gives me a headache to see so many people moving a bout. If they're back dancers, it's okay cuz I tend to ignore them.

As for everyone in the group singing well. I haven't noticed any. How many people in a group do you need to create a harmony? Some can't sing well. I can say for SMAP some can't sing at all. *Nakai* Even in Shinwa there are weak singers. If they are really such good singers, they should be able to hold their own stage and command presence even as a solo. I find with groups, it feels like just in case anyone goes off key or sings badly a certain day, they will just get drowned out by other group members and hopefully people won't notice their mistakes. It's a cover up. If you're solo, everyone concentrates on you. Or a duet or trio. You can't screw up.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 26th, '11, 09:56

I have personal issues with Japanese language maybe this is why I can't fully appreciate the boys singing in it.

But on the happy note - I'm on my Spring Videos Spree. Some are already uploaded on the blog, and more to come^^

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 26th, '11, 10:22

For me it do not matter, if you are profesional you will give the same from you if you are part of group or solo singer. Just different scale of difficulty, not in level but technic. From my expirence being part of group give you backup of course but to tune to other people is not so easy itself. There are singers who can't do it at all. It's different kind of skill.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 26th, '11, 16:11

That's were the duets come in. You learn to work with others. Or collaboration. Honestly, you can tell if someone is out of key. Leon Lai got slammed by the press when he went off key live on stage during his performance. It made him look really bad. He learned from that lesson and worked harder to stay on key. There were other HK singers I sometimes notice that went off key too but it just wasn't as noticeable and singers who forget lyrics. If you're in a group and you forget lyrics. Don't sing so loud LOL People won't notice LOL. Or you tell the audience to sing and pass the mic to them :P

Also, you can tell when some people's skill lack when they start working in groups too. Eason Chan was praised as a good singer. But you can really tell his singing wasn't that good when he sang with Sally Yeh. He was sweating to death and out of breath trying to sing. He couldn't keep up with her. And she's just singing effortlessly like she was talking.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 27th, '11, 23:47

exactly my point, if someone is bad it does not matter if he is singing solo or in group, audience will hear it (if they not scream all the time of course, I often wonder how during this Korean concert you can hear anything if on dvd even I can hear backgraund of screams all the time, in Japan people stop almost the moment artist is starting to sing, and not for ballad only). I do not mind so much if singer forget some words and make up something, it can be funny and I know that is not playback :lol
BTW does it mean you started from JYJ? as DBSK was 5 person team :wink:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 28th, '11, 01:56

I mean it's more noticeable if they sing solo and make a mistake. It's less noticeable if they sing in a group. That's why I said some are "less noticeable" cuz they're in a group. But if they sing alone or duet and make a mistake or not up to par, It's very noticeable. However, I find what makes them look worse is if a person who sings solo but don't have great skills, sings duet with another singer who has high skills. They end up looking bad because they can be compared side by side.

I'm neither a JYJ or DBSK fan. I watched Sangkyunkwan and read Yoochun sings. So I was curious how he sounded like. I was curious how Jae Joong sang too cuz I just noticed him for his looks but never heard him sing. I noticed they had a Japanese album so I was curious too how they sounded. I thought they would suck but I was oddly surprised. I liked two of their songs and so I went to download their concert. I notice their English pronunciation is pretty good. But they need to bite their words / enunciate better. It's hard to hear some of the lyrics. Overall I'm impressed with their language skills. They must have worked really hard.

I didn't like groupies either so after I tried watching 1-2 songs from DBSK a while back and didn't like them I stopped.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 28th, '11, 19:05

Unfortunately I hear if they are in group too and this is even worse for me becouse from my prespective it is insult to partners. I tend to judge by a capella singing (music can help a lot to keep in key) or unplugged, maybe a bit unfair but whatever. This is why I met DBSK at some point or JYJ is restoring still for me. I'm biased but I have good hearing, too bad sometimes :lol
But like to lower my standards and just go for pure fun, in music and in drama as well, if I was perfectionist I would die from boredoom.. and I can have fun from complaining and anoying people who are hard fans without reasoning at all.
Ah, BTW I AMold DBSK and JYJ fan :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 29th, '11, 09:12

JYJ's concert in Indonesia is canceled; promoter in Singapore is rejected; another promoter butts in
C-JeS announced that JYJ’s World Tour Indonesia Concert (which is scheduled on 09 April 2011) has been cancelled.

Hello, this is C-JeS Entertainment.

JYJ’s World Tour Indonesia Concert has been canceled.

On the 26th, C-Jes Entertainment formally informed the Indonesia promoter our decision to cancel. We have continuously warned the Indonesian promoter of their continued failure to abide by the contract and their consequent failure to establish trust, and because the promoter failed to correct themselves even after [the warnings], we have unfortunately and without a choice decided to cancel since they would be unable to hold the concert smoothly.

We tried our best to not cancel because of the numerous fans waiting in the area, but after considering the dangerous possibility of there being damage to JYJ’s image, we have regrettably made our final decision to cancel.

Furthermore, in regards to the Singapore concert, because we are in the process of changing the original promoter and consulting with the people in the area, please wait for the final confirmation from C-JeS entertainment.

The ONLY country canceled in JYJ’s World Tour is Indonesia, and we will give further notice about changes and additions to areas holding the World Tour.

Thank You.

Source: C-JeS + withJYJ
Ehh...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 31st, '11, 09:02

Yucheon!!
Just few pics... :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 16th, '11, 16:57

Earlier today, TICKETMASTER revealed two of JYJ's concert stops to the delight of fans. The concert stops that were announced were Los Angeles, California, and Newark, New Jersey.

POWERHOUSE has now announced the remaining North American tour dates for JYJ. The stops have been revealed to be Vancouver, Canada; Newark, New Jersey; Los Angeles, California; San Jose, California.

Their press release is as follows:

This concert is a part of JYJ’s world tour project produced by C-Jes Entertainment and will be their first concert tour in the U.S. and Canada. Their tour is drawing huge attention around the globe, bringing in more than 20,000 fans to the recent concert in Bangkok, Thailand.

It is the first time that AEG LIVE, one of the largest concert promoters in the world, is hosting a major concert tour for an Asian artist in partnership with Powerhouse.

JYJ was formed in 2010 as a three-member band featuring JAEJOONG, YOOCHUN and JUNSU. JYJ released their global debut album ‘The Beginning’ in October 2010 and reached number 1 on the Japanese Oricon Chart in a sweeping pace.

JYJ’s concert tour will create an unimaginable experience and compelling atmosphere that fans from all over the world and of all ages can enjoy. Their fans will finally get a chance to witness JYJ’s grandeur debut in the U.S and Canada.

Official ticket sales will begin at NOON (PST) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 at the designated online and offline outlets. Vancouver will have a separate on-sale date and time, which will be announced shortly.

Ticket prices are $180, $150, $120, $90, $70, and $40. Seating charts will be available for viewing soon. All details related to ticket purchasing will be announced following this release.

Koreaboo will be covering both Lee Moon Sae and JYJ North American tour.

Tickets will go on sale for the concerts on April 16th at 12:00PM PST. Vancouver tickets go on sale April 19th at 12:00PM PST

Tour Dates:

Vancouver, Canada
Rogers Arena (Formally GM Place)
Friday, May 20th @ 8PM

Newark, New Jersey
Prudential Center
Sunday, May 22nd @ 8PM

Los Angeles, California
Nokia Theatre Live
Friday, May 27th @ 8PM

San Jose, California
The Event Center Arena
Friday, June 3rd @ 8PM

Will JYJ be visiting a city near you? Will you be able to catch them on their 2nd World Tour this year?
source here
You may want to check the seats:
Vancouver:
New Jersey:
Los Angeles:
San Jose:

Peggy, can I haz Yucheon, pleaase?? :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 16th, '11, 17:09

Ethlenn wrote:Peggy, can I haz Yucheon, pleaase?? :whistling:
I'll tell Nam Gil nim! :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 16th, '11, 17:21

I need sumwan to terrorize when Namgil-nim is away, ne?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 21st, '11, 09:12

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QG0rXyKrsFY" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Another version of the commercial. Damn, why I didn't have such nice teachers back then??
But I would probably not remember a thing from the lessons, so it's a good thing. Vide my Chinese and nice teacher, keke...

Junsu scheduled to reprise his role in Mozart later this year.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Apr 26th, '11, 19:35

Jaejoong twitted today and he said " Yoochun get well soon"
and there been talking in twitter that Yoochun is hospitalized :(

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 26th, '11, 23:45

Ah I used to live near to Newark NJ. Anyone living there should go get a ticket. They are still available.

Have a friend in NYC and she is going with couple of friends. They all love the group especially Yucheon.

I hope they are close and can get pictures.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 26th, '11, 23:48

What is wrong with our man? Is he really sick?

Oh I forgot to say..I will take care of Nam Gil while EC is pounding on Yucheon.

I love Nam gil. All the stars go out into the wilderness to do charity work but I really think Nam Gil is truly embedded in the work he does with children.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 27th, '11, 06:32

Yes, Yucheon was admitted to the hospital with acute gastroenteritis.
Doctors said that after few tests he will rest at home to recover fully.
Naver article

Well, I see the reason. I wonder when and for how long he sleeps. :cussing:
No time to rest, to eat proper meals...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 28th, '11, 18:21

Cassiopeia is hunting!
Dear Cassiopeia, this is our response to the reports in the media accusing JYJ of throwing away fan gifts indiscriminately. In brief, this is what happened:

In the 3 hours from before the show till the end of the show, our staff had sent in approximately 200 gifts and cards packed more than 10 large boxes to the CJES waiting room. The manager could not have handled all the fan gifts alone so he instructed the 4 bodyguards to assist him in classifying the gifts. There about 5 boxes of approximately 70 items, which were not selected, these items were entrusted to us to handle. The more than 100 items selected were carried by their entourage onto the coaches to transport back to the hotel for the artistes to pick personally. It is true that the CJES manager was the person responsible for the screening of the fan gifts, as to whether he picked the gifts based on value or individual taste, it was not our place to question and we also did not wish to question. We are only the middlemen in this case.

All the waiting rooms in the Taipei Arena had to be cleared out and locked by 12 midnight. We moved all the 70 odd items that were not selected out and had our staff pack them into 5 large boxes. These were then sent to the recycling area in the Taipei Arena. Around 1:30am when the staff responsible for the clearing out of the Taipei Arena left the venue, they reminded the workers from the stage dismantling crew that there were around 10 pairs of blue and white slippers, some cushions, seat cushions, stuffed dolls and mugs that fans had given to JYJ but were not selected by the Korean staff, if they had use for these items, they could bring them home so the items won’t be wasted. When the last member of BBH’s staff left the Taipei Arena at around 1:30am, the 5 large boxes of fan gifts were still neatly packed in their boxes. Someone had deliberately rummaged through the boxes and then took photographs of the disheveled sight and uploaded them after we had left. The person(s) who had done this obviously is either intending to portray our company in a negative light or meant to hurt the feelings of the Cassiopeia and destroy their faith and support of JYJ. Cassiopeia can try to trace the person who uploaded the photographs and question that person’s intentions. It is fine if that person just wants to cast suspicions on BBH, we only hope that he is not trying to destroy the feelings the Cassiopeia have for JYJ.

We were ineffectual in preempting the actions of these people with ulterior motives and we apologize to everyone about this. However, we did pass the fan gifts to the Korean management, fulfilling our responsibilities. As to the gifts that the Korean staff did not wish to bring back, we could only choose to throw them away. According to our past experiences with Japanese and Korean artistes, you should refrain from sending flowers, food, drinks or items that take up too much space. After all when touring they have a lot of luggage and props to transport and have to avoid additional weight to the artistes’ burdens. Furthermore, Korean artistes have had the horrible experience of being poisoned before and therefore all gifts of food and drink are declined. The blue and white slippers or very creative Taiwanese handicrafts should be avoided too as due to cultural differences they will not consider bringing these gifts back. We will stop all enquiries on JYJ related questions with the end of this concert, we hope that the Cassiopeia will continue to support JYJ fully with all their love. In order t show our support for JYJ, we will not be working with SM artistes. There were many imperfections during the course of this concert, we will learn from this experience and work hard towards hosting JYJ’s Taiwan concert 2 years later. Thank you everyone.

Source: BBH's Facebook
Trans by: @ningkei
Shared by: JYJ3 + SYC
Some fans are saying that this is all SM doing to make JYJ and their agency look bad.
But seriously, why fans send stupid gifts?

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Apr 28th, '11, 18:28

did the boys see the gift ?? they we feel happy to know how their fans love them this much >_<;;

I feel bad for the girls who sent these gifts :pale:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 1st, '11, 19:58

Some of the gifts were given to JYJ, so yes, boys knew about at least part of it.
And no, I don't feel sorry about the girls. Remember what happened with Yunho and the glue? Why all those stupid girls send food (like cookies, chocolates and stuff)? First - diet, second - junk food, third - allergies, fourth - you never know, some may send superglue again.
And although I know fangirls don't usually grow brains bigger than a walnut, but seriously - how many of toys, flowers and mugs boys need? A bit of rational thinking would explain everything - not that many. And fangirls expect boys to keep every single crap they send to them?? Buying the CD or going to the concert, expressing the support - this is the best gift a fan can give to the artst. Not idiotic coffee mug with a picture of a said artist.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 4th, '11, 18:39

After Hancinema:
The misfiring of the drama "Ripley" team appearing in "Nollowa" is expanding into external pressure.

Actor Kim Seung-woo, Kang Hye-jeong, Lee Da-hye and Micky Yuchun were looking forward to making an appearance in MBC "Nollowa" in prior to the release of their new MBC drama "Ripley" in the last week of this month, but the plan misfired.

There has been suspicion if this was because of JYJ Micky Yuchun who left the group TVXQ.

Micky Yuchun also played the lead role in the KBS2 drama "Sungkyungwan Scandal" last year but he wasn't seen in any entertainment programs then and speculations rise if this time has anything to do with that.

JYJ (Micky Yuchun, Hero and Xiah) ended a long term lawsuit and left SM Entertainment and released another album.

However, they weren't seen in any entertainment programs and many are stating that the broadcasting companies are not casting them on purpose.

The "Nollowa" productions are saying it has nothing to do with Micky Yuchun but the fans and netizens are suspecting them all the same.

Micky Yuchun's management said it is true that he is busy with the world tour schedule and that they didn't hear anything about the recording date of the program, therefore it seems like the issue will continue.

Fans are not happy about this.

They are saying online that if the external pressure turns out to be true, they will not stand with it.

Fans and netizens say, "If it really is external pressure then it's so ridiculous", "If the management doesn't know about it then isn't it 100% external pressure?", "Let's stop expanding", It's unbelievable, what kind of a world do we live in today?", "Fans will not stand down if the external pressure turns out to be true" and more.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Freedom-obsessed Europe citizen won't stay f*cking still!!
Sorry, but I'm just furious over "how long this whole incident will be dragged?" issue...

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 4th, '11, 20:04

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 4th, '11, 20:09

Well, I had my suspicions about heavy promotion of SMEnt artists' concert in Paris, but well... I'd go only for SHINee anyway.

Yes, boys are Jejudo ambassadors. Good!! :wub:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 4th, '11, 20:17

well SHINee might sing 5 songs or less ...there too many singers and few seats :pale:
it will be crazy :scratch:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 4th, '11, 20:21

aren't they cute :wub:
JYJ new Nii Picture

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 4th, '11, 20:24

Ah, the kids... still waiting for some HD version of it^^
Will upload it someplace else, just to let you know :wub:
:alcoholic:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 4th, '11, 20:27

Please share them if you found them..I'm thinking of taking one of them for my new sig :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 4th, '11, 20:42

I do have some new stuff, but I'm in the middle of re-organizing it. Will update here when it will be on the blog.
The interview might post here, if I finish seeding Family's Honor^^

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 4th, '11, 20:47

O.k then ...take your time :D
I'll post here if I found it first ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 5th, '11, 15:11

I have NII but for now only with Yucheon.
Will try to find with other two (squeezing Junsu^^) and post in. Try my blog in one hour.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 6th, '11, 08:14

JYJ to rock the stage in China for world tour over the weekend

Hmm, they didn't call them boy band, but trio. That changes a lot.