So, What Kdrama are you currently watching?

Discuss Korean drama series here.
shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 22nd, '11, 19:08

I was considering Jungle Fish 2, should I?

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 22nd, '11, 19:32

shiofmedea wrote:I was considering Jungle Fish 2, should I?
I'm at episode 5, and so far so good. It's pretty different from usual kdramas, but it's just refreshing. The young actors are really, really good! Don't know if it will fit your taste, but you should at least try it!

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 22nd, '11, 20:13

My taste? Mix of action drama (fast cars, fire everywhere, guns and so on), political thillers (President), big bussines (Midas right now), clasic crime story, comedies with romantic twist. And as I'm shallow girl almost everything if I like some actor in particullar (but there are still some limits - then I just skip most of it doing "window shoping" :lol just switching off high functions of my brain and keeping vision on for the part my favorite is on screen :P )... Ah, horror is good too. And I need some logic, if logic is missing there is long string of comments on forum :glare:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 22nd, '11, 23:53

shiofmedea wrote:My taste? Mix of action drama (fast cars, fire everywhere, guns and so on), political thillers (President), big bussines (Midas right now), clasic crime story, comedies with romantic twist. And as I'm shallow girl almost everything if I like some actor in particullar (but there are still some limits - then I just skip most of it doing "window shoping" :lol just switching off high functions of my brain and keeping vision on for the part my favorite is on screen :P )... Ah, horror is good too. And I need some logic, if logic is missing there is long string of comments on forum :glare:
huh. As for comedy you can check out That Fool. My Girlfriend is a Gumiho(it's impossible to not like it).

But if you seek for a good drama, and you are fine with something not that cheerful, then watch The Devil, Bad Guy <- both crime.

Logic? Sorry but I haven't seen a drama that doesn't lack any logic. There always are moments that lack logic, or I just don't pay enough attention.

Oh, just remembered - from fresh ones there is a drama called Sign. It's purely about crimes and stuff, but there is a love story, too(as far as I can see).

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 23rd, '11, 07:07

For Guminho... I liked Guminho herself, actress was good and very refreshing, but this main guy.. huh.. but doctor was sooo good looking. He is in Midas now and distracting me from main plot :lol
Devil is exactly my taste, Bad guy could be better but not bad
I was thinking about Sign as well, thanks
I do not require full logic, but a bit is welcomed. And sadly there are some where there is no logic and even readable plot, no good (or passable) acting, just collection of people doing something out of control.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 23rd, '11, 08:20

shiofmedea wrote:For Guminho... I liked Guminho herself, actress was good and very refreshing, but this main guy.. huh.. but doctor was sooo good looking. He is in Midas now and distracting me from main plot :lol
Devil is exactly my taste, Bad guy could be better but not bad
I was thinking about Sign as well, thanks
I do not require full logic, but a bit is welcomed. And sadly there are some where there is no logic and even readable plot, no good (or passable) acting, just collection of people doing something out of control.
Yes, sadly I have encountered few of those. Mary Me Mary, Playful Kiss and if I remember correctly then Sweet 18 and Delightful girl choon-hyang or something like that. :D They seemed to lack logic. But the last 2 I may be wrong, I watched them 2 years ago and I don't remember them that well. :mrgreen:

shosef

Post by shosef » Mar 23rd, '11, 10:01

for me whenever i felt that i watched too much korean love stories...i watch the japanese dramas..i think they're more diverse in their choices of drama...especially since i like detectives and crimes...The Devil was a nice diversion from all the mushy stuff...

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 23rd, '11, 14:56

if you liked the devil then resurrection might be good. I have yet to see it (on my long list of must see dramas) but it's supposed to be good. Time between dog and wolf might also be good.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 23rd, '11, 19:03

Time between dog and wolf was one of my firsts and I loved it. Not the girl but rest of it was good.
Playfull kiss.. do not let me start, I can go for hours about level of this trash, MMM I started but droped very quickly.
Delightful girl.. is a bit on other side of logic but I have soft spot for it, I simply like two main actors and I find it funny.
For Japanese I am big fan of their humor (it is strange but I guess I used to it after years of watching) and big adventage - they are shorter, more compact and monotematic. In Korean production you are never sure if in the moment it turn from action to melodrama then to comedy, and whatever authorcan think about. In Japanese it can be some romantic plot but if it is not clearly stated it may never be more then slight tension. I admire such focus!

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Mar 23rd, '11, 20:41

Im about finish with Harvest Villa....it started a little slow but Im really enjoying it now. Next comes When Spring Comes. Heard some good things about it so lets see... :unsure:

The next show I'm going to show my parents will be Delightful Girl Choon Hyang....my mom wanted a wedding and I cant think of any other dramas that ended with a marriage. :roll They used to make fun of me when I would watch a drama on my computer and now they are like "Are you done with the video so I can see it on the tv!" :tv: (I put them on my ipod and then connect it to the tv so they can watch it there. She says that it NEEDS to be on the big screen now! Can you believe that! :blink )

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 23rd, '11, 22:03

Huh. There are many that ends with marriage. The one I mentioned erlier - That Fool, for instance. Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung probably ended with marriage, too, but I'm not certain. Who Are You, Full House, Creating Destiny, 9 outs 2 ends, What's up fox, Still Mary Me and the recent one - Secret Garden... dang, I'm not too sure which ones ended with marriage. But these probably did. Correct me, if I am wrong.

As for Sign. Not really into it, but it became a bit more interesting now, when one guy committed a suicide. :mrgreen: Huh, that's what I was talking about! At last something interesting happens. :wub:
Last edited by Neliets on Mar 23rd, '11, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 23rd, '11, 22:06

This is not a recommendation topic.
For this, please refer to: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526.htm

Here we discuss what we are watching now and whether we are pleased or pissed.
Thank you.

Ayisha

Post by Ayisha » Mar 24th, '11, 03:29

I've just finished the first two episodes of My Princess. I'm enjoying it so far. I tried watching five episodes of My Girlfriend is a Gumiho and though I find it hilarious and Shin Min Ah really good as Mi Ho, it's not the type of drama that I can get addicted to and watch every episode consecutively.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 24th, '11, 04:12

Watching 49 Days and How to meet the perfect neighbor.

The first is doing quite well for now, although both male leads leave something to be desired with their acting so far. And I'm braced for a LOT of crying from everyone.
But the Scheduler is fun and both main actresses are doing ok at this point. But Bae Soo Bin and Jo Hyun Jae suck for now. One has done nothing but cry and talk a bit.
And I just can't connect with Jo Hyun Jae. It feels like the Scheduler misplaced his soul or something. I just don't feel anything from him and he's not too expressive so far.

Another thing that worries me, but I don't let it mess things up for now, is that the writer is the same person responsible for Shining Inheritance and Prosecutor Princess.
I hated the first and I only watched an episode from the second one. I just can't stand either series. So I hope this one has something meaningful to show for a change.

As for the second series, the first episode dragged on too much and I kind of almost got bored to sleep. The characters and most of the cast don't move me much either.
Also, the reactions of the characters and relationships between them are too vague and kind of weird/non-realistic at the moment. I'm a bit lost as to what's in their heads.
But there are some actors in it that I like and a couple of characters I'm fine with at the moment. I just hope it picks up soon and that I can connect with the characters more.

And if all else fails and these series don't entertain me much, I can always go back to That Fool and give The Devil a shot. Been wanting to do that for quite a while now.

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Mar 24th, '11, 11:29

I'm watching Midas , 49days and maybe crime squad.
Until now i like Midas more than 49days.

Midas
I like the business and romance part equally.
Now i'm really addicted to this drama and i weren't having any expectation because i never knew i like this genre .The only drama i like from the writer was 'All In' and i never manage to finish 2 of his previous drama.

49days
First 2 episodes is boring/ok. But episode 3 is like a lot a lot better. even though i still like Midas more.
All jo hyun jae and lee yo won(song yi kyung) characters does is crying and emoing and i hope they will show more emotions soon.

Crime Squad
I only watch it on the weekends when i'm free/bored.
I like the solving crime part but i have 0 interest in the romance.

lolmark

Post by lolmark » Mar 24th, '11, 19:58

I like to watch one drama at a time. ;D

I'm currently watching on the final episode of Sungkyungkwan Scandal. Now I have to find another rom com to watch. D:

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Mar 24th, '11, 20:25

[quote="shiofmedea"]My taste? Mix of action drama (fast cars, fire everywhere, guns and so on), political thillers (President), big bussines (Midas right now), clasic crime story, comedies with romantic twist.

Harvest Villa, Harvest Villa, Harvest Villa

It almost has everything you like, honest.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 25th, '11, 00:14

maybe I should try it. I may stop new ones and then take them in one go. This waiting is killing me.
I went with clasic Summer .. something but this volume of melodrama is way too much for me. Heart transplantation concept is not logical at all even if it is common belive. And they are all simply cruel for poor guy! Less evil, yeh sure!

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 25th, '11, 02:50

I started watching White Christmas.
The acting is so-so, but the guys are huuuuuge and absolutely gorgeous (5 out of 7 are models!!!).
Anyway, the story is very intriguing, and I was genuinely shitting my pants pretty much throughout the whole episode. The atmosphere was so thick it could've been cut with a knife. Very promising, and very refreshing compared to what I've been watching lately. Yay!

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 25th, '11, 04:27

I know it's older but I'm new to Kdramas and I am currently watching That Fool, literally watching episode 5 right now, and hoping that Han Ji Soo picks Goo Dong Baek at the end. I like it so far it reminds me a bit of Star no Koi but better because I'm not really a fan of Fujiwara Norika and Kusanagi Tsuyoshi annoys me on sight.

prokaryotic36

Post by prokaryotic36 » Mar 25th, '11, 05:12

Finished:
1. Dream High: Love the music! Musical based drama and teenager life (JYP family gathering. LOL)
2. Secret Garden: Superb, not typical and you'll fall in love with hyun bin totally!!

currently watching:

1. My Princess: Nice but not as good as Goong. Typical drama.
2. Paradise Ranch: Nice but not typical. I would prefer the end is different and unexpected.

Gonna watch:
1. Paradise's postman: Can't wait to see Jae Joong
2. Midas: look like action drama, and taste of twisted love.

janajee

Post by janajee » Mar 25th, '11, 12:50

(Ladies and gents, I'm SEMI-BACK!!)

I just finished watching Secret Garden (hehehehe I'm so very sorry that it took me so long. I missed Oska so much much much), and My Fair Lady (and it helped me on my Oska missing fix)

I'm actually looking forward to some new ones to watch, but I'm planning on watching Prosecutor Princess and My Princess soon, after I finish downloading them.

Also, would like to start with Kim Sam Soon... did I spell that right? I'll just start downloading that soon. :)

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Mar 26th, '11, 10:59

After some back and forth, I finally settled down with a new drama.
(New for me, not int the "new production" sense)

SO I decided to start watching "Who are You".
I guess Secret Garden has left me kinda hungry on the Body switching thing. And I go looking for more...

So here I go. Watched the first epi yesterday, and liked it so far. To early to tell more..

Cheeeeers!

gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Mar 26th, '11, 11:06

im watching now Que sera sera..So far so good im on episode 5. ERIC is so cute and good kisser too I just notice..haha :-)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 26th, '11, 11:18

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Mar 26th, '11, 11:37

Hadn't watched a thing since Secret Garden.

4 episodes into Midas. Love it!
1 episode into Twinkle, Twinkle. Not hooked yet
1 episode into The Thorn Birds. Liked the first episode.

Starting

Wish Upon a Star
Crime Squad

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Mar 26th, '11, 11:43

Sham26 wrote:Im dying to watch "Royal Family" :cry: but the subs :-(
Anyway ,Royal Family’s Ji Sung rises as “jingongnam” with his acting that pulls in women’s hearts :wub: :wub:
Me too!

Darksmurfs subs are getting closer to 100 percent edited for the first two episodes. Couple of more days and I hope they ready.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 26th, '11, 11:50

Hmm... I had the feeling that he (Ji Sung) sometimes doesn't know where to stop with emotions, a liitle bit over the line, but as I said, I watch Royal Family not for him, so I can pass it. Ohoho, this is a good drama.
BTW. WITH S2 also hurry up with releasing the subs.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 26th, '11, 17:00

I just finished Sign. Overall a decent drama, not one of the addictive ones but watchable. The ending was kinda off, imho.

Hmm, I guess I have to watch that japanese drama I downloaded. Nagare..something.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Mar 26th, '11, 23:35

Added Que Sera, Sera and hooker 40 mins into the first episode. Marathon Sunday tomorrow. Haven't done that in awhile.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 27th, '11, 15:17

Ethlenn wrote:Hmm... I had the feeling that he (Ji Sung) sometimes doesn't know where to stop with emotions, a liitle bit over the line, but as I said, I watch Royal Family not for him, so I can pass it. Ohoho, this is a good drama.
BTW. WITH S2 also hurry up with releasing the subs.
Yeah, I know what u mean ! I saw him first in "New heart" he was good but I wasnt impressed but now ...I guess its because his short hair :lol , anyway this drama is goood ! :wub:

Still watching " Thorn Birds" the beggining was good but the caracter of Seo Jung Eun is getting on my nerves , yeah being too nice , not thinking about her self and...I don't like the angelic heroines, Im not a good person :lol
At ep 06 of "New Tales of The Gisaeng" this drama is beautiiiful to watch !
"49 Days" that I find v.refreshing ...Iknow I know its about tears and death but dunno , this what I feel about it !
"Jejoongwon" is my new addiction :wub: (new??) :unsure:
Last, Still thinking about "Sign" yeah the end sometimes I hope that they release another ep and the whole 20 ep was just a dream ! :alcoholic: !
Ah yeah , I did watch the first ep of "That fool" ( reminds me of "Full House" that I didnt like at all )...I guess I have an odd taste lately :scratch: :scratch:

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Mar 27th, '11, 15:39

hmm...could never finish Full House. Hated it. I think that Fool is better. Not great, but better than Full Hovse. At least I could finish it and was happy at the end. Full House just pissed me off.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 27th, '11, 16:50

while waiting anxiously for subs to watch Royal Family and 49 Days, I thought i cheer myself up with re-watching two of my all time KDramas. Chuno and Tamra the Island (can't exactly say for how many times though :mrgreen: ). my hat's off to my two favourites guys that always make my day OJH and IJH. :wub: (rest of harem guys, please don't be jealous. your turn will come too :mrgreen: )
will start on Midas tonight.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 27th, '11, 17:11

Oh dear. Please don't compare That Fool to Full House. They have nothing in common. Full House is fluff. It's full of all the cliches and martyr-type characters.
That Fool is realistic, it develops the characters and story well and doesn't neglect reason and logic for the sake of drama and intrigue. They are nothing alike.

I don't consider "Poor person meets rich actor person and has fake marriage" reason enough to say they're alike. If that's the case, then every asian drama is exactly like all the rest, isn't it?
The plots, characters, locations, motives, reasons, story or setting have nothing in common but the poor-rich element and contract marriage, which even happen for totally different reasons.

So, if you liked Full House, it is by no means a guarantee you'll like That Fool, and if you didn't like Full House, that doesn't mean you won't like That Fool either. It doesn't work that way.
Full House is fluff. It's for teen girls and ahjummas, like most kdrama rom-coms. As nice as it was, its level is worlds apart from That Fool, which tries to put some depth in the genre.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 28th, '11, 00:19

Still on classic, Save the last dance with me 2nd episode, I still do not know if I will like it but recognized suprasingly big number of actors I saw lately in dramas so I will try to cont.
I tried Harvest Villa as well 1 episode and I hope something will start soon becouse I have filling I will not like main guy. Great actor this I must give but he play that kind of character that I could kill myself.
Still trying to keep up with 49 days (ravenge, ha, this I like), Midas (more scheming, and eye-candy for distraction), Royal Familly (sub...), New Tales..
BTW I really appretiate this Ah guy. Appart from horse incident (were was the point? ) there is more logical string of events and resoning (afer explanation of his break-up with Sa Ran) that I ever saw in dramas. Wow, real guy here! If all around were not blood connected it would be even more realistic but hard to come with plot :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 28th, '11, 04:20

I also thought horse incident in Gisaeng was pointless, but after last week eps started to think otherwise. He was distracted, he didn't think about keeping his position straight, this is why. But I see the events accelerated after the new writer, keke. And yes, the logic of Ah Damo leaves me speechless/frustrated because of the very nature of it. He's one of those more interesting characters in dramas, true.
Catching up with Midas lately...^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Mar 28th, '11, 10:56

Still watching Midas, too.
Since I kinda like boring finance talks etc I was even looking forward to this side of the drama...But lately somehow i get the feeling they film it shortly before airing and adjust the story after a viewer survey or something like that, it's hard to believe they had it all planned out like that. Oh, and Minho still isn't my cup of tea :P

49 Days is also hard to watch but oddly still kinda fascinating, like watching something topple over.
After ep 4 there is a lot I dislike and even the Scheduler starts getting on my bad side...and yet I don't feel like just dropping it^^

Sign is pretty good after 4 eps. but I'm afraid of the last episode :lol

Also started watching The Perfect Neighbor, thanks for the rec Ori...Excited to see how this'll turn out^^

mudav

Post by mudav » Mar 28th, '11, 16:36

I'm watching New Story of Gisaeng in ongoing keke~
And started watching Hateful But Once Again today~ I just wanted some drama with strong ambitious female lead, not with the bubbly cute usual type~^*^

mudav

Post by mudav » Mar 28th, '11, 16:39

arakira wrote: Sign is pretty good after 4 eps. but I'm afraid of the last episode :lol

Also started watching The Perfect Neighbor, thanks for the rec Ori...Excited to see how this'll turn out^^
Why are you afraid of the last episode of Sigh, do you know about the ending?~:)))) *I've watched Sigh not so long ago*

About The Perfect Neighbor I LOVED this drama oh so much!~ Park Shi Hoo and Bae Doo Na were so lovable there~^*^

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 28th, '11, 18:37

Ethlenn
Keeping position is one thing, the main point is you do not ride horses when you are not clear-headed. Horses are very sensible creatures. This is why at some point he said that his father ordered him to ride when he was young and rebelious. To ride when you are not keeping emotion on hold is asking for trouble. They can sense it. So maybe if all around are aware of this fact it's nice way to make point of his internal war :scratch: But I thought it will be something less subtle if it was part of highlights.
I must say I agree with his logic and actions to some point. The reason to break up is valid, breaking at this point resonable (avoiding deeper involving if there is no point I would say is even noble and unexpected given orginal reasons and actions), even way of doing it make sense I would go for a kill too. Not only on impulse but after deep thinking as well. Think this way: I give true reason, that mean I need to explain myself, which is long, painful and is puting me in bad light too. Additionally it is insulting to the other side on even deeper level as not only her but her all family is seen as not good enough. Even if she is aware of it it still hurts deep. I would prefer to be said that I was too hard to get so dumped then I not match with my partner background in my eyes! And frankly speaking sorry but family is important in terms of long time relationship. This is exactly why even if it is fun to watch rich guy/poor girl (or other way) drama it will not work in 99% of real cases. If you can't show yours in-low to your family as you are dying from embarasment, sorry but where is the point? And your other half will be happy about it? Even if you do nor care there is something like social presure which is hard to avoid even in western culture. Pity looks are the best you will get.. and the worse to stand, too. So bravo to authers, somebody is thinking here. not for long I'm afraid, stereotypes are not to be avoid in the end :-( Younger sister thing is still stupid, more like companion for parents and in fact it is what he was going to propose at the end fancy title he gave it. Putting it this way make more sense maybe if it is common in this kind of enviroment he is living in. I would say no, it seems like XIX England but I do not know, maybe someone has more insight here.
BTW I know I have very bad character but deep inside I would be thinkig that there is oportunity there is possibility.. :whistling: I AM bad person 8) :evil: :P bad people have more fun so why not :lol

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 28th, '11, 20:00

arakira wrote: Sign is pretty good after 4 eps. but I'm afraid of the last episode :lol
Don't be. The ending will be quite unexpected(when it comes. But around this time, you could guess correctly). Ending was made quite well(scenario-wise).

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 29th, '11, 05:15

watching episode 4 of 49 days and still liking it so far. I just like this kind of drama. I guess it's a little shallow for now but I am having fun. I like fantasy drama. Way behind on tales of gisaeng... wish there were more hours in the day... or that i didn't need sleep hehe. I would just watch dramas all night.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Mar 29th, '11, 09:50

Neliets wrote:
Don't be. The ending will be quite unexpected(when it comes. But around this time, you could guess correctly). Ending was made quite well(scenario-wise).
thanks, good to hear that. Now I can watch this with more motivation ;)

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 29th, '11, 10:09

So I meant to continue with Midas last night but some how I ended up picking up Lovers where I have left off and to my surprise I watched 3eps non-stop without even clicking on FF button. :mrgreen:
For some reasons I find Lee Seo Jin's voice veeeeery soothing. One of many wonders of Damo. :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 29th, '11, 10:11

Issy, if so, watch Yi San then^^ :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 29th, '11, 10:25

Ethlenn wrote:Issy, if so, watch Yi San then^^ :whistling:
:mrgreen: Well I was thinking of doing so E-chan but the length of the drama concerns me a little. But I can always sit through those long historical dramas and get less bored than watching long modern ones. Stories of old times always intrigues me.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 29th, '11, 15:44

At the moment I'm watching Stranger Than Paradise with Uhm Tae Woong. Even though it's just 4 episodes, I can guess who will end up with the girl. I'm very, very sad that it won't be Uhm Tae Woong. Really disappointed. I still hope it will change. But based on my experience, it won't :((((((((((

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 29th, '11, 19:16

Orion1986 wrote:Oh dear. Please don't compare That Fool to Full House. They have nothing in common. Full House is fluff. It's full of all the cliches and martyr-type characters.
So, if you liked Full House, it is by no means a guarantee you'll like That Fool, and if you didn't like Full House, that doesn't mean you won't like That Fool either. It doesn't work that way.
Full House is fluff. It's for teen girls and ahjummas, like most kdrama rom-coms. As nice as it was, its level is worlds apart from That Fool, which tries to put some depth in the genre.
I see ur point ! I guess that I shouldnt judge it from the first episodes ! First I gonna end it then see what will be the whole feeling : )
arakira wrote: Sign is pretty good after 4 eps. but I'm afraid of the last episode
Hearing that u like it so far, I feel good ,yeah I had a doubt about my liking that may be it s odd :scratch: , anyway If u liked the first episodes than sure its gonna be the same till the end , yeah cause this drama went better and better ! The last episode, I guess that u have to discover it ur self and dont read spoilers !

lvsanchez115

Post by lvsanchez115 » Mar 29th, '11, 19:48

I'm new to this forum and to dramas, just started watching around July of 2010. From then until now, I did a mix of 2009/10 dramas that were popular and a few classics that were extremely popular a few years ago (My Girl, Kim Sam Soon). At this point, I'm just trying to catch up with new 2011 dramas so currently watching...

My Princess- It's cute... it really is. I finished ep. 7 about a week ago and as adorable as the main couple is... I have to say I've been spoiled drama wise up until now. Every drama I've seen so far has been either AMAZING or highly entertaining. MP is fun, but it's not a great drama by my standards. Debating on whether to continue (would be the first drama I ever dropped if I don't).

Dream High- PPL have been raving about this one, so I was dying to see it. I'm on ep 8 and I really like it. It's a teenage high school drama, and although I've seen it done better, it's still quite enjoyable. It's one of those dramas you swear you're too old for and then the characters take hold of you and you turn into a squealing 12 yr old. :wub:

Secret Garden is next on the list! :salut:

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 30th, '11, 09:21

I think I have lost too much steam on tales of gisaeng. I will try to jump back on the bandwagon tomorrow. episode 4 of 49 days was boring me a bit. It's not that I don't like it or anything. Maybe I am just getting too used to this type of drama. Maybe I should pick up something with some more action or something a bit darker. hmmm....josean x-files or resurrection or white tower or.....I will let you all know when I finally decide(may take me a while).

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 30th, '11, 19:38

Stranger than paradise is strange indeed. So confusing. I have only 2 episodes left and I can't even tell which one will be THE ONE. At least not for 100%. Very, very confusing. I still hope it will be Uhm Tae Woong. But the drama is actually quite good, the confusion point keeps you addicted, to be honest.

By the way, I came to conclusion that Uhm Tae Woong is just awesome actor, I'd even say flawless acting(generally speaking. It was flawless in The Devil and Resurrection, too).

Now I know who is my number one favorite actor - Uhm Tae Woong, the second would be Rain and then Kim Nam Gil probably.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 31st, '11, 01:05

Just started The Devil. If the rest of the series is going to be as interesting as the first episode, this will be a very very nice watching experience indeed.
However, things are looking a bit too clear right now and I do hope they're not as they seem. I'd love to be surprised and not get something predictable.

I am also very intrigued by Joo Ji Hoon. I've seen him in Goong and Antique and frankly, I didn't care for him at all in those. But here, he's very promising.
He's downright eerie and menacing. I wouldn't want to be in the same city block or even neighborhood with this freaky dude. I like such creepy characters.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 31st, '11, 18:44

I loved Devil. It's not as much about surprise, I would say, but rather it's about admiration how all is coming together. Joo Ji Hoon character is scheming master you can worship
if not some flaws in character and misjudges to people characters. And well thought end with which I agree, with heavy heart, but still..
I found Resurection BTW. Uhm Tae Woong really can make interesting characters. It seems that I'm focusing on crime and ravenge lately..

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 31st, '11, 18:55

shiofmedea wrote:I loved Devil. It's not as much about surprise, I would say, but rather it's about admiration how all is coming together. Joo Ji Hoon character is scheming master you can worship
if not some flaws in character and misjudges to people characters. And well thought end with which I agree, with heavy heart, but still..
I found Resurection BTW. Uhm Tae Woong really can make interesting characters. It seems that I'm focusing on crime and ravenge lately..
Then you should watch Stranger Than Paradise, too. He was great there too, but the drama wasn't as good as Devil or Resurrection, of course. And while you're at crime and revenge, check out A Love To Kill(if you're not the crying type), Bad Guy and Sorry, I Love You. All great dramas.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 31st, '11, 19:46

Thanks, I was thinking about Stranger Than Paradise, becouse of UTW. BTW did he get the woman? I do not care for spoilers I will watch anyway :lol so somebody tell me?
Bad Guy I saw, not bad, I like it, but Love to kill is a bit off to me. I like Rain but story here.. I can't find it beliveable. Him, with some trouble, yes, bur her? Is she crazy?.. Well she is, I know, but there are some borders to it! Too much melodrama, sorry to say. But opresive atmosphere in this drama is something worth mentioning. Opresive is maybe not the best word but I do not have better here, for sure heavy, uncomfortable, in good measure of madness. . hmm.. you can see I'm not crying type at all 8) I'm rather someone who will start to yell "E.. you! find sheltter, stupid! :lol but here they almost have me.. I blame music and camera work, they are very good through most of drama.
The last one is new to me, thanks for tip :wub:

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 1st, '11, 04:30

is bad guy really that good? I don't mind sad endings if u know ahead of time like im sorry i love you but i heard ending of bad guy was meh... not so great. i like the actors in it should i give it a try?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '11, 08:34

Oh well, watch it for actors in it. Cause the drama is one of the biggest messed-up-things in the last year.

I'm watching now 4-episode Special Task Force and I like what I see, keke^^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 1st, '11, 10:44

shiofmedea wrote:Thanks, I was thinking about Stranger Than Paradise, becouse of UTW. BTW did he get the woman? I do not care for spoilers I will watch anyway :lol so somebody tell me?
Bad Guy I saw, not bad, I like it, but Love to kill is a bit off to me. I like Rain but story here.. I can't find it beliveable. Him, with some trouble, yes, bur her? Is she crazy?.. Well she is, I know, but there are some borders to it! Too much melodrama, sorry to say. But opresive atmosphere in this drama is something worth mentioning. Opresive is maybe not the best word but I do not have better here, for sure heavy, uncomfortable, in good measure of madness. . hmm.. you can see I'm not crying type at all 8) I'm rather someone who will start to yell "E.. you! find sheltter, stupid! :lol but here they almost have me.. I blame music and camera work, they are very good through most of drama.
The last one is new to me, thanks for tip :wub:
UTW didn't get the woman, sadly.
Ehlenn, what do you mean messed-up-things? I thought you liked it...

I'm just about to start What Happened in Bali. Looking forward to it.

mudav

Post by mudav » Apr 1st, '11, 21:01

Neliets wrote: I'm just about to start What Happened in Bali. Looking forward to it.
It's great! I'm looking forward to your opinion! I wonder how you will like all the madness in this drama and In Sung going nuts because of his mad LOVE kekeke~^*^

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Apr 1st, '11, 21:51

Just finished watching Boys Over Flowers / Boys Before Flowers.

I never bothered looking at it due to the lame title, but a friend recommended it.

Turned out pretty good...not super good...but pretty good.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Apr 1st, '11, 22:58

Switched from "Hyena" to "Bad Guy" after 1½ episode. It felt a bit slow, I don't watch comedy that often. Maybe I pick it up in the future.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 2nd, '11, 13:15

jubies33 wrote:is bad guy really that good? I don't mind sad endings if u know ahead of time like im sorry i love you but i heard ending of bad guy was meh... not so great. i like the actors in it should i give it a try?
I'm with ecchan on this one...there are 2 or 3 actors for which watching this drama might pay off, but storywise it's a wreck. It started off nicely but took too many weird turns and lost itself somewhere in the middle. Ending was...as expected but they could have carried it out so much better in so many ways...

@Neliets, enjoy...I took ages to finish it, and I can't say I liked it, for me it was only worth it for the 2 guys...but that won't be reason for you, huh? :mrgreen:

I'm still focussing on 49 days and Midas, Sign is nice, but somehow i can't take more than an ep or half an ep at a time...nothing to marathon through.
Oh, not drama but I finally watchedn Finding Mr Destiny...The best rom-com I've seen in quite a while...ah i wish Gong would come back to the small screen :wub:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 2nd, '11, 13:31

got distracted with LSJ after Lovers for a while but now i am back to Midas and Royal Family. :mrgreen:
I also want to start 49 Days and Thorn Birds.
although it seems that i have too much time on my hands, I actually don't. because I am still on ep3 of Midas and still to watch ep2 of Royal Family. :crazy:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Apr 3rd, '11, 09:53

Just curious; can good actors really compensate for wreck-story??

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 3rd, '11, 10:28

Myxale wrote:Just curious; can good actors really compensate for wreck-story??
Hmm for me they can sometimes, if I end up caring for their characters and I want to watch and see how things'll turn out, even if I get annoyed by the story - or if they're hawt enough for me to forget all about logic and plot :mrgreen:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 3rd, '11, 20:55

O yes, I can even keep watching for second character if he/she is good enough. And I do not know why but they usually are, and better then main cast. More experience plus less time on screen maybe?

BTW I come across "My woman" something about ship building market, is it good?
I was wondering about Queen Seon Duk too, this part of history seems interesting and strong women character would make it appealing too. Does it have translation done?

Resurection was great, took time to start like always but when it started.. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 3rd, '11, 21:02

QSD ended in December 2009. Yes, all subs are available on WITH website.

And I finished 8 Days of Jeongjo's Assassination. For any sageuk fan^^ 10 episodes only, but with mature content. Drama rated 19+.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Apr 3rd, '11, 22:13

I was thinking, if sometimes keeping to watch a wreck drama for the sake of the characters, even if story-wise it has left you on the moon, could compensate for the irksomeness that ensures; after wreck-story ensures;

0_o!

Oh, on a side note; a friend recommend the drama "Thorn Birds" is it anything like the movies with Richard Chamberlain?? I mean the same theme?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 4th, '11, 04:39

What happened in Bali.... I have watched 3 episodes and nothing interesting has happened.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 4th, '11, 20:08

Myxale
Oh, If everything is going down you can always have fun with throwing things (remember soft, only soft) at TV and complaining on forum. And there is always somebody who still love it so you can argue more :evil: I AM bad person, I know!

I don't think there is priest with issues there, feel safe :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 7th, '11, 16:35

paused Midas at ep3 and started watching Royal Family again. some how I find RF more engaging than Midas and characters are more interesting. I am not dropping Midas because i still like it. will continue with it when i am done with my subbed eps of RF.
still have not seen 49 days.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 7th, '11, 21:19

Ive had Chuno on my hard drive since it came out and I STILL havent watched it. I think its about time I give some of my attention to the handsome semi-naked men :P

What comes next after that....I have no clue. :blink I think it's time to make some room on my computer and extra hard drive for the new coming dramas and some old ones too couldnt hurt.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 7th, '11, 21:26

We're almost finished with The Devil and I'm quite disappointed. Started out very promising, but there are plot holes I can't ignore and the characters feel too melo.
I had the same problem with Bad Guy. They mixed melo and romance and stuff with what could be a good thriller/mystery/revenge plot (as far as I watched, at least).

Ok series, but when something promises to be ingenious and heavy, I want proper stuff. Not emoness and typical kdrama cliches. I guess I expected too much of it.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 7th, '11, 21:41

Can I just say, I am falling in love with Ji sung all over again. :wub: :wub: :wub:

:mrgreen:

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 8th, '11, 08:29

what happend in bali...not my cup of tea.... I was groaning and moaning at my computer screen. why oh why? I really don't get that drama.. If i want intense drama.. que sera sera is more my taste. just my opinion. anywho... am still having a hard time getting through new tales of gisaeng. I like it but... i've lost that lovin' feeling..... don't really know. I haven't had time to really sit down and watch several episodes at a time so maybe that is why.. i am wondering if I am just not used to this type of drama or if I should try something else. Waiting for more of 49 days too. It is shallow enough for now that I can keep up even with numerous distractions(though still fairly entertaining).