iand27

Post by iand27 » Jun 1st, '10, 13:43

this drama stars lee da hae yet luv sotires in this series isnt good
since ending is so empty
ur not happy but ur not sad
but the ost is great

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 1st, '10, 13:59

iand27 wrote:this drama stars lee da hae yet luv sotires in this series isnt good
since ending is so empty
ur not happy but ur not sad
but the ost is great
I thought the ending was great (sorry my dear Ethlenn). not empty at all. it had so many meanings.
DG sacrificed himself for his love. not only for his love but for a better world. knowing TH can/want make difference and chage the world (which was his initial aim but could not do anything about it because of his cicumstances) he wanted him to live to achieve this goal. because his beloved can live a happy life when there is slaves and no masters.
he saw that his love is happily living with her husband, so even though it was very hard for him, he took the responsibility of guarding TH and help him with his mission to make sure he returns to her safe and sound. is there any more noble action and meaningful than this?
chuno is a symbole of man fighting for his love, his ideals and his freedom.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 1st, '10, 20:03

iand27 wrote:this drama stars lee da hae yet luv sotires in this series isnt good
since ending is so empty
ur not happy but ur not sad(...)
What's the relation between Lee Da Hae and love stories in drama?? Is she some kind of love goddess, sorry for not noticing this.

Empty ending...
Thanks for the laugh.
Chuno has one of the greatest endings in movie history, apart from Gone With The Wind maybe, and Blade Runner.
Yes, Issy, thank you for your kind heart, I know, I felt the pain, I hated those rocks, yet I envied them in some point. Despite the ending, and maybe because of it, I love this drama so much. I knew it would happen since episode 12, so I was prepared for what happened.
And Issy, dear, thank you for beautiful screencaps, when I'm done with HD version I'm downloading, there will be blood.... and Dae Gil! :wub: :wub:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 2nd, '10, 12:16

E-chan
can you double check this for me pleas :salut:

according to yesasia
http://www.yesasia.com/global/chuno-aka ... /info.html

dvd release is on 15th of Jun :mrgreen:
but
in here
http://www.koreandvds.com/Chuno_DVD_9_D ... ________7/

it says 9th :scratch:

thanks alot

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 2nd, '10, 12:31

Waaaaaaaaaa!! DVD!! D-V-D!!!
Me wanna some!

I'm checking, for the time being, Issy, dear:
http://ns17.p4host.com/oh-ji-ho-may-sta ... 23590.html

eyena6180

Post by eyena6180 » Jun 2nd, '10, 12:37

i just wanna know this story about what??it is really great??

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 2nd, '10, 12:40

6月9日

It looks like Jun :mrgreen: 9.
http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=ch ... age=1&bbs=

@eyena6180: go to the first page. Watch this drama! :cheers:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 2nd, '10, 12:56

Ethlenn wrote:6月9日

It looks like Jun :mrgreen: 9.
http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=ch ... age=1&bbs=

@eyena6180: go to the first page. Watch this drama! :cheers:
mmm, so why this delay on yesasia :scratch: . i buy stuff from them regularly, so i trust them more. you know what E-chan? i have been cutting on monthly luxury purse allowance to save up for this. still very expensive. but i just can't not to buy it. TH temptations :mrgreen:

and YESS dear. i read about the news and him teaming up with HJW. personally, i like her alot. even though i only seen her in HJY. and i find her much more beautiful than some other actresses :whistling:

To Watch or Not To Watch Chuno?
no use asking us in this thread. we are very biased :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 2nd, '10, 13:18

I couldn't actually find the info except for this page. I looked all over some Japanese blogs, but the same: Jun :heart: 9.
And since I was informed that I won't get the pay for my additionals classes, no Chuno Special Edition for me as for now... eh...
Maybe this is pre-order date, I don't know, give me a day to find out^^

Yup, we are totally biased. if I had to go to a deserted Island and I was allowed to take 5 movies with me, I would include Chuno in it^^ :mrgreen:

Shindo Hikaru

Post by Shindo Hikaru » Aug 8th, '10, 22:49

At first I really enjoyed this drama however towards the end I found it really hard to finish the drama. I don't know but I think Lee Da Hae's character really bored me. There was nothing exciting about her that made her character jump out. The other female actors character were more appealing and captivating than hers.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 9th, '10, 00:00

Shindo Hikaru wrote:At first I really enjoyed this drama however towards the end I found it really hard to finish the drama. I don't know but I think Lee Da Hae's character really bored me. There was nothing exciting about her that made her character jump out. The other female actors character were more appealing and captivating than hers.
yesss, i totally agree. i don't like LDH's acting much anyway but i thhought she was more bearable and less annoying than in My Girl. but as you said, her character was not something that stands out. unlike other characters in this drama. in one point, was wondering what DG and TH see in her that makes them fight for her love? well, she was a pretty face to be fair :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 27th, '10, 17:11

Hehe, she was CLEAN, Issy, that is why. When you have plenty of messy ladies/slaves/slatterns around, you turn to jasmine-scented lady.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 4th, '10, 08:44

There was a Special TV Movie aired yesterday, it's on DA^^
Enjoy!!

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 6th, '10, 01:32

Ethlenn wrote:There was a Special TV Movie aired yesterday, it's on DA^^
Enjoy!!
to be honest, did not enjoy it at all. what was the idea behind having this special on tv. they story was unclear, the editing was really bad, if you have not watched Chuno the full drama before and you just watch this, i am sure it will leave you confused. you won't know the full story behind each one of characters. most importants of all DG, TH, HW/UN.
but i did get my obsessive mad love for TH back again after was slightly forgotten by time. :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 6th, '10, 07:55

Don't ask me, I also saw no point in airing this, but...

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 8th, '10, 11:54

Jang Hyuuk <3 <3 ! Im at ep 07 but seriously I could die but see the end so did I !directly to the last ep what a SHOK ! Couldnt happen this way noo noo plz not him So I cried and cried and cired ...and when i stopped cryin i was asking my self if i should finish that drama ? and prepare my self for the end ? Still hesitating ...

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 8th, '10, 12:30

Sham26 wrote:Jang Hyuuk <3 <3 ! Im at ep 07 but seriously I could die but see the end so did I !directly to the last ep what a SHOK ! Couldnt happen this way noo noo plz not him So I cried and cried and cired ...and when i stopped cryin i was asking my self if i should finish that drama ? and prepare my self for the end ? Still hesitating ...
well, you shouldn't check the last ep when you were only on ep7 in the first place. you have already ruined this drama for yourself now and not going to enjoy it any more. I do that some times too and i find myself losing my interest (specially if it does not go well for my favourite character at the end) to continue the drama.
there are so many beautiful scenes to come from ep7 till the end but as DG is your favourite guy and you already seen the ending, i don't think you will appreciate them then. BUT the last 4 eps when DG and TH work as one team is just too good to miss. :whistling:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 8th, '10, 19:39

Issy wrote: well, you shouldn't check the last ep when you were only on ep7 in the first place. you have already ruined this drama for yourself now and not going to enjoy it any more. I do that some times too and i find myself losing my interest (specially if it does not go well for my favourite character at the end) to continue the drama.
there are so many beautiful scenes to come from ep7 till the end but as DG is your favourite guy and you already seen the ending, i don't think you will appreciate them then. BUT the last 4 eps when DG and TH work as one team is just too good to miss. :whistling:
I know that it wasnt a good idea but I had a feeling that something will happen to him :cry: anyway the reason why I ve started this drama its for him , anyway II guess Ill carry on watching it despite the end I really enjoyed it ...and yeah I have to see them working together ...Thanks Issy for lettin me know ur opinion about it !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 16th, '10, 10:59

Oh my, watching the last episode when barely started... oh my...

And to just add - Chuno is sweeping all awards through the year. Not that I have something against it, it was a great drama.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 18th, '10, 00:28

Sham26,
I feel your pain. It is a dilemma when you love a drama and the characters. That is why I am holding out with SKKS. I really am dying to see how it turns out. I think it will be a good ending but for the life of me I can't imagine how they will get over the large bump in the road. After all it is strict Joseon and even stricter school with a villain trying to pounce every day. Only four more episodes to go.....

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 18th, '10, 18:15

Yeah its a great drama ...
Peggy ...courage...SKKS its a v.good drama ...u dont even feel the time when ur watching ...Ive fallen in love with Yoo Ah In ...anyway good watch and do do like me Ive learned my lesson ...Ill never ever watch the final episode when Iam starting a drama ...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '11, 18:42

Chuno won few important awards at KBS Drama Awards, with Jang Hyuk for actor^^
Ye, Oh Jiho too...

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jan 3rd, '11, 19:04

Congrats to the Boys ..they done great job with this Drama :)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 6th, '11, 01:03

Congrat's , Jang hyuk is perfect, perfect perfect , even if I didnt likelee da hae winnin the best couple I dunno but I cant stand her , find her too"actress" a fake one it s just my opinion !

jane007

Post by jane007 » Jan 6th, '11, 17:30

I didn't have the time to watch this until last month, and seriously...
I don't think I'll find another drama with this quality.
This drama broke my heart several time, I was too found in some characters...
The acting is so good, the soundtrack awesome... and the end... the end...O.O

I need to re-watch it.

mayxi

Post by mayxi » Jan 12th, '11, 16:21

this drama totally deserve an award. the cast was awesome. the beginning was great, but then the middle kinda drag so it took me awhile to watch it. i'm happy i didn't just skip to the end, cuz i would be confuse cuz i miss out a lot of good stuff. i was rooting for dae gil and un nyun couple from the start, seeing the ending end like that breaks my heart. jang hyuk played his part very well, so does the whole cast. i'm not really into fighting scene, but damn, this drama makes me wanna watch thier fighting scene everytime the song pops out.

DramaCherish

Post by DramaCherish » Jan 25th, '11, 12:59

Just finished watching this drama. Shocking ending. An enjoyable drama overall. dae Hee not at her best though. Her character was a llittle too "fake". Love the soundtrack.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 26th, '11, 00:28

I just finished watching Chuno and I loved it. It still surprises me though how some people can treat other human beings just because of status (for this instance). I'm a big fan of History so this drama gave me an small outline on how Korean slaves were treated at the time. An eye opener. How so many things have change...

What can I say about my oraboni(s) Jang Hyuk and Oh Ji Ho... :wub: *hence the avitar* Love them...great acting...especially Jang Hyuk. Man can that guy cry...Atleast now I now how the inside of his mouth looks like. :blink And by the way, I think if I had met Wang Son at that time I would have fallen for his tricks! XD

As for Lee Da Hae role in Chuno...well...atleast there was one part I liked about her. I cant remember which episode it was but it was the one when Dae Gil, Tae Ha, and Un Nyun were together for the first time and she kept getting in the way so they wouldnt kill each other. I though that was brave of her. :roll

I had a feeling that Dae Gil was going to ...you know...but the one I was sad about and hoping they were not going to do what I know they do was the slave, the man. But atleast he fought until the very end in which I have to give props for.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 26th, '11, 00:57

:lol this thread is very dear to me because I can read how I started this drama madly in love with DG and ended up madly and obsessively in love with STH/OJH and made him one of my top K-actors. but still, Love DG/JH to bits. how can you not to?

i watched the whole drama few weeks ago and found myself still crazy about it. It will stay one of my most favourite Kdrama of all time for sure.
Love your new ava esmer, :mrgreen:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 26th, '11, 02:04

thanks Issy. Surprisingly it only took me like 10 min. to edit, post, etc...etc. Yep Chuno will be in my top list of Saguek dramas.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 26th, '11, 04:19

Esmer, your ava is priceless...
Ah, Chuno... sweet memories of tears and screams at my screen, fangirling with Issy, ah...

ashengard

Post by ashengard » Jun 18th, '11, 13:15

While Im a big fan of the korean movies and have watched tons of them, i never before tried to watch tv series.
Just finished Chuno a few days ago and this drama really got to me. There are really only a few movies so good that after you experience them you feel like unable to watch anything else for a while and i felt like that with Chuno (the last one was "The Road Home" ages ago). I just found myself to keep rewatching favourite scenes long after the show was over.

Not sure what i love most about it but probably the theme about the "damsel in distress" accompanied by an outlaw hero on a grand mission and the way they slowly fall in love together is what i find most appealing in the drama.

I really liked the rogue general character. Long ago i remember watching some famous Hollywood director explaining that he needed Tom Hanks for his movie because he was one of the very very few actors capable of saying so many things without speaking but only with his eyes. I felt the same about OJH here. I find him a little overlooked in the shadow of the JH's trully exceptional performance and the difference between the two characters, one highly emotional and full with energy while the other one is stoic and preserved but thats why even his minor facial expressions and gestures has so much impact (comes to mind Ken Takakura).

This drama opened a whole new world previously unknown to me. Since then i watched "City Hunter" (started kinda meh but getting better), almost finished "Iris" which is ok but not exceptional like Chuno (reading that Iris beat Chuno at the awards for best series made me watch it at the first place), and have downloaded the first 2-3 episodes from like 5 different dramas just waiting on my disk to check them.

I'll gladly accept any recommendations from the people here and yeah this is my first post in the forum :)

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 18th, '11, 14:19

ashengard wrote:I really liked the rogue general character. Long ago i remember watching some famous Hollywood director explaining that he needed Tom Hanks for his movie because he was one of the very very few actors capable of saying so many things without speaking but only with his eyes. I felt the same about OJH here. I find him a little overlooked in the shadow of the JH's trully exceptional performance and the difference between the two characters, one highly emotional and full with energy while the other one is stoic and preserved but thats why even his minor facial expressions and gestures has so much impact (comes to mind Ken Takakura)I'll gladly accept any recommendations from the people here and yeah this is my first post in the forum :)
I love Chuno SO much that I have to post a reply everytime I see a new post in this thread. :P Just wanted to say that actually OJH mentioned in one of his interviews regarding STH's character that he really learned how to act with his eyes in this drama. me simply fell for for those eyes and started my fan girling over OJH after wards. at the same time I truly loved JH as LDG. :wub:

nmz

Post by nmz » Oct 4th, '11, 05:57

Just finished Chuno recently and absolutely loved the series! Anyways, I was looking into grabbing a copy of the boxset but read that the quality of the subtitles were rather low which got me curious... is it worth getting (anyone who's bought a copy)? I would hate to own it and have to resort to using raws+softsubs. Thanks!

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 4th, '11, 06:07

It depends on which DVDs box set you are getting. If you buying the original Korean KBS channel release, then the subs are pretty decent and it's the one they show on KBS World. I do own one myself.
But if you are buying the pirated copy, then yes. They are bad and most of she is he and vice versa. :mrgreen:

nmz

Post by nmz » Oct 4th, '11, 18:54

Issy wrote:They are bad and most of she is he and vice versa. :mrgreen:
Yeah, that's pretty bad lol. Thanks for the input and info, Issy! I might have read a post by someone who bought a pirated copy then... Anyways, the one I was looking into was the premium boxset by KBS media & will definitely be buying that one :cheers:
Ethlenn wrote:After that, the crying scene... Hmm.. I felt it a bit out of DG's character, but maybe it was planned? I mean, it was his last outburst of humanity (for me), cause tears nad despair are human all the way. After that he lost something. If I may compare: it was like if he had deep inside himself ashes with slightly burning coal, all these 10 years, the coal incandesced. Then, after seeing it, the small coal cooled off and became a cinder. Just like that. It might be totally out-of-DG reaction to what he witnessed.
I'm late on this discussion, but I find that analogy really interesting because of the fact that LDG lost everything through fire. It was like his soul burned away during that incident and made him to become the slave hunter he is. I agree with you that it was out of his character, but I couldn't imagine how anyone else would react after seeing their loved one go through that... especially since DG spent the past 10 years looking for her.
Another thing I found really interesting was the fact that LDG lost UN the first time during the winter, and at the end lost her a second time in the same exact season.
Last edited by nmz on Oct 4th, '11, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Oct 7th, '11, 16:34

I just started episode 9 and I'm wondering did they really kill the female assassin already because I like her, sure she's a "bad guy" character but she provides something most Kdramas lack and that's a kick ass female even if she is a "bad guy" plus there's still 15 episodes left and if Jang Hyuk and Lee Jong Hyuk are the only ones left chasing after Oh Ji Ho and Lee Da Hae it's going to get boring pretty quickly

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 7th, '11, 16:42

Sajen16 wrote:I just started episode 9 and I'm wondering did they really kill the female assassin already because I like her, sure she's a "bad guy" character but she provides something most Kdramas lack and that's a kick ass female even if she is a "bad guy" plus there's still 15 episodes left and if Jang Hyuk and Lee Jong Hyuk are the only ones left chasing after Oh Ji Ho and Lee Da Hae it's going to get boring pretty quickly

Yep, she is gone like that. I thought that she will have more storyline too because I too found her character interesting. the actress does have a similar character (with similar look and name) in Warrior Baek Dong So which is airing now. but they are not the same character.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Oct 8th, '11, 04:30

I'm curious as to how purple jammies managed to kill a whole squadron or platoon or whatever their called after his fight with Song Tae Ha in episode 10 when he could barely move. Yes I know their not jammies but he's a villain so insulting nickname hence purple jammies

SpankThatAss

Post by SpankThatAss » Oct 23rd, '11, 09:29

I agree with what ashengard said! This drama was so good that I had trouble finding anything worthy of watching after it until I finally decided to try a different genre and lowered my standards back down. Jang Hyuk was incredible!

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Oct 26th, '11, 06:41

on episode 10 and it is PISSING ME OFF because at the end of every episode he almost makes contact and then BARELY MISSES her.

SERIOUSLY FRUSTRATING.
Evidently, my mom told me that this happens all the way through until the end?!

SpankThatAss

Post by SpankThatAss » Oct 26th, '11, 07:22

JiveTalkinRobot wrote:on episode 10 and it is PISSING ME OFF because at the end of every episode he almost makes contact and then BARELY MISSES her.

SERIOUSLY FRUSTRATING.
Evidently, my mom told me that this happens all the way through until the end?!
If you want to watch a drama that's ridiculously realistic then watch Yi San, but despite rave reviews I found Yi San boring. On the other hand I personally found Chuno to be an emotional rollercoaster - excitement, frustration, sadness, joy, admiration of the beautiful scenery and fight scenes, then more excitement and more frustration but who cares I still loved it all. Whatever flaws in the writing was well compensated by Jang Hyuk's incredible acting. And I love Lee Da Hae's too acting too, there no type of role she can't play to perfection.

chikha

Post by chikha » Jan 9th, '12, 06:55

Do you know where can I download working mediafire of chuno? I found this site but the size is too small that is why the quality is quite bad

http://www.heavenofdesires.com/k-drama- ... nter-2010/