49 Days (SBS, 2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 29th, '11, 13:10

Ethlenn wrote:
The flashbacks of Yikyeong's past gave me shivers, seriously. I got the eerie feeling. We know her loved one is dead, and she's half-dead after that. It's really strange to see her so radiant, so happy in the past knowing what happened. And maybe Scheduler's unfinished business is to put shattered heart of Yikyeong at ease?
Yeah tell me about it ! I was about to cry when they choose the "lovers"card , their relation were simply perfetc, :cry: and when YK felt , that reflex that he had ...wa too touching T_T
I don't think he'll come back to life , so I agree with u , but how ?! :scratch: Im dying to know !
And about the dc , I just think he felt guilty this is why Idont think he ll fall in llove with her !

I wanna watch ep 14 T_T !

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Apr 29th, '11, 14:14

I am sick of both Min Ho and In Jung and wish they would just end their plot next week.

Seo Woo is cute and doesn't bother me but she appears to be even dumber than Ji Hyun. But I guess it's because she's in denial and refuses to believe that In Jung and Min Ho have been together for 5 years.

Yi Kyung isn't the main character in this story which is why her story isn't a focus but with episodes 13 and 14, she's playing a larger role in the story.

I love Kang and want him to get everything he wants. He loves Ji Hyun in her own body so that's what he should get. Besides, if she doesn't return to life in 49 (or 47) days, that's the end of her life. I do love that Kang is already playing son-in-law. Mom is already on his side and Dad will come around soon. It's just going to be odd for her to switch from Min Ho to Kang but I hope Min Ho's true intentions are revealed to her family before she wakes up. Mom doesn't trust him anyway and they need to break Dad's trust in him.

Yeah, they haven't focused on the Dr/YK romance but then think of how slowly the Kang/JH romance is going too. I think at the end it will be hinted at. That woman is in no position to be in a relationship so I can understand why the Dr. would hold off on pursuing her for now. I think there'll be a time skip in the final episode.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Apr 29th, '11, 22:07

Hmmm where did all my posts go?

Anyway this drama is still cranking along nicely. Still not a big fan of the female leads but it is still entertaining nonetheless.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 30th, '11, 19:27

Omo omo omo !!!!!what did happen at the end of e 14 ?!!!! *Crazy*

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 30th, '11, 20:03

I don't have that feeling that the scheduler would FALL in love with JH. What I think is that he is amused with her but not really LIKE her in some romantically inclined way. I'm thinking that probably in all of his years as a scheduler, she's the only person who was able to annoy him to bits that he would like to bring/not bring her to the elevator at the same time. The scheduler is pretty peculiar in some way, he gets to entertain himself in mundane things and I think he sees JH as an entertainment. As for that romantically inclined things, didn't the sunbae once mention that The scheduler was starting to have more human feelings than he used to 5 years ago? That being said, maybe some subconscious memory has been coming back that's why he had to protect YK's body. He always gets worked up "too much" when YK is in a pinch and her body is starting to get sick because of JH.

Well.. this is just my theory and I HOPE IN ALL MY HOPES that JH and the scheduler would NOT be romantically involved because that would just suck. :glare:

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 1st, '11, 00:47

It wouldn't make any sense for the Scheduler to fall for Ji Hyun in the last quarter of the drama. He's regaining some of his human emotions and I assume they will be directed at Yi Kyung and not Ji Hyun so he can deal with whatever issue he's got left with her.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '11, 05:16

Now this is getting really interesting!

From the flashbacks
we know that Yikyeong knows Minho. She was working at the hotel he was frequenting with Injung, keke.
The ending of ep. 14 is just a surprise for those who skipped hypnosis therapy, hehe. I can't say I'm not anticipating the next Wednesday and the course of the action. They reveal all of their cards nicely.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 2nd, '11, 08:22

oh wow, That's interesting.
that's why she recognised him by end of ep14 then when she was herself and not JH.
and also have you noticed that Kang's mom is Scheduler's boss? when she came down to punish him because he helped JH. :whistling:
and in the same subject of discovery, I discovered that actress who playes IJ is the same girl in Kim Soo Ro. :blink I am hating her character so much here in 49 Days where I loved her other character so much. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '11, 08:49

Oh damn, this I overlooked (Scheduler's Boss). Thanks, Issy, dear^^

And I have one small note - you noticed that perhaps Scheduler is affecting the "possession"? When they were in Jinan, the spirit of Jihyeon was literally kicked off out of Yikyeong's body? Maybe YK sensed Yi Soo around and it was too strong of a sensation? It didn't happen before.
And Yikyeong is starting to sense Jihyeon around?
Also, I wonder if she saw Jihyeon in her hypnosis, well, WE saw it in the images, but it necessarily means SHE saw it as well, or remembers.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 2nd, '11, 09:04

well the Scheduler was always uneasy around YK and did not like to come to her house. so I say Yes. and add the effect of being in their special place.

again, I know that Kang loves JH in "her own body" only but still can't help noticing that YK with JH soul have more chemistry with Kang than JH in her own body. shame. I see the way this drama is ending but if I could have an alternative ending, my version would have Kang ending up with YK with JH soul in some way of other. JH's real character does gets on my nerve alot. :crazy:
and I am starting to have this bad feeling about YK that she might die by the end. so Scheduler is there to take her away. :cry:

csillibilli112

Post by csillibilli112 » May 2nd, '11, 09:45

oh nooo I hope not that end :S
:cry: :cry:

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 2nd, '11, 11:02

Kang's mom isn't the scheduler's boss.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 2nd, '11, 11:09

Hahaha NO???
I swear my eyes still see them as one. :scratch:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '11, 11:41

Kang's mom could be a younger sister of hers though. Can I has subs? :roll

Now my left hand is crippled too. So, nothing but TV for a while. XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '11, 11:45

I'm coming, wuv^^ :wub:

And actually I wouldn't mind some deaths in this drama. It's light, but not fluffy, so this would suit the topic.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 2nd, '11, 12:16

lol, Issy, I can see why you'd mistake them but they aren't the same person :D

I think the only person who'll "die" in this drama would be the scheduler when he finally enters the elevator. But don't mind seeing Min Ho and In Jung dying, though :D

I doubt Ji Hyun or Yi Kyung will die.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 3rd, '11, 00:25

OK, OK, I can see the difference now. :mrgreen:
I am sure about JH survival and have high hopes about YK's too. but I really don't know why I get this bad feeling about YK sometimes?
and I tried and tried to hate MH. but I just can't. it seems that I have a soft spot for BSB that no matter how evil his character gets, I still can't hate him. maybe because of his eyes? I can't sympathise with him and find his reasons are totally stupid and unjustified. but still, can't hate the guy. :unsure:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 3rd, '11, 07:40

A special OST:
정엽 - 49일 OST Special
Enjoy^^ :salut:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 3rd, '11, 12:07

I can't hate BSB either. Mainly cause I go into a "He looks like an angel...." daze every time I see him. He is one seriously beautiful person.
He's one of those rare ones that are between the fine line of macho/handsome and soft/pretty. He's manly, but still soft at the same time.

[Fangirl mode: on] But he really needs to get topless soon. We need it! We can hate Min Ho better if he shows us just how well off he is! [Fangirl mode: off]

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 3rd, '11, 12:25

He's pathetic.
His body ain't so.

Still, I despise him. I despise Injung too. :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » May 3rd, '11, 12:53

Orion1986 wrote:I can't hate BSB either. Mainly cause I go into a "He looks like an angel...." daze every time I see him. He is one seriously beautiful person.
He's one of those rare ones that are between the fine line of macho/handsome and soft/pretty. He's manly, but still soft at the same time.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS, My thoughts exactly. he is very angelic looking. specially those eyes and those loooong lashes. :wub:
and my crush on JHJ is getting bigger and bigger by each ep. seriously, I really don't need any more obsessive days. I am having hard time with my guys already. :goggle:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 3rd, '11, 14:14

Ahahaha!! Another one to your harem, wuv?

I'm more into JHJ that BSB in this drama. Maybe cause of their characters they play?
Kang has more sides to him. And even though they make Minho deeper and with issues, "teary-eyed" Subin won't make me sympathize with his character.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 3rd, '11, 14:20

Ethlenn wrote:Ahahaha!! Another one to your harem, wuv?

I'm more into JHJ that BSB in this drama. Maybe cause of their characters they play?
Kang has more sides to him. And even though they make Minho deeper and with issues, "teary-eyed" Subin won't make me sympathize with his character.
:pale: I guess :whistling:
as I said, I am NOT sympathising with him and he deserve what he gets by the end. BUT, I really can't hate him in there. :scratch: is this a same thing as sympathising???
:mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 3rd, '11, 14:39

The character is quite a bastard and the actor is awesome cause his eyes turn plain cold when he wants em to, but it's the character that's not bad enough to focus at.
His whole "falling for her" and weaknesses make him one of them pathetic bad guys. So I can't dig the character enough as a baddie to hate him and I focus on BSB.

I mean, I think you all know how I love Dong Won, but I HATED his guts in Magic. Cause up to a certain point, the character was a total b*tch. I don't like villains emo.
I lose interest when they show any compassion or signs of non-bastardness or even dare to be honest to anyone. I want em baaad! Very baaad! Min Ho ain't all that.

But I still want em to strip him. I'm sorry for treating you like meat, Soo Bin ssi, but you should not have been so hot and toned. How much can a fangirl handle, good man? :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 3rd, '11, 14:54

Oh well, let him strip then. Maybe I will change my mind. But right now I'm way too much obsessed with other well-built, lanky guys to even bother...

On the other hand... *fangirl alert* there is nothing like "too many hot guys"...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 4th, '11, 08:17

Issy wrote:well the Scheduler was always uneasy around YK and did not like to come to her house. so I say Yes. and add the effect of being in their special place.

again, I know that Kang loves JH in "her own body" only but still can't help noticing that YK with JH soul have more chemistry with Kang than JH in her own body. shame. I see the way this drama is ending but if I could have an alternative ending, my version would have Kang ending up with YK with JH soul in some way of other. JH's real character does gets on my nerve alot. :crazy:
and I am starting to have this bad feeling about YK that she might die by the end. so Scheduler is there to take her away. :cry:
I really doubt YK will die at the end. She will probably find closure and continue with life. Of course, Korean dramas are popular for running over people with cars so I wouldn't say definitely. Also JH said she would go to YK once she returns to life. I think those two would become good friends and JH would help YK through her pain.

As for JH in her own body and chemistry with Kang, they did show through flashbacks. Although it wasn't a lovey dovey relationship, they were more like "fighting" relationship. Although they like each others company, they argue constantly. It's another form of love which contrasts YK and schedulers relationship. And the other contrast is how YK and the scheduler were so close but fell apart but JH and Kang weren't as close but their relationship is strengthening.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 4th, '11, 08:54

seirin wrote:As for JH in her own body and chemistry with Kang, they did show through flashbacks. Although it wasn't a lovey dovey relationship, they were more like "fighting" relationship. Although they like each others company, they argue constantly. It's another form of love which contrasts YK and schedulers relationship. And the other contrast is how YK and the scheduler were so close but fell apart but JH and Kang weren't as close but their relationship is strengthening.
Actually, I have to disagree about JH and Kang not being close here. they were very close as you always see them together. Ignore the fighting because we all know it does not come from them hating each other. if that was the case, they won't be around each other anyway. the problem was and is that Kang had problem letting JH know he loves her and after separation and reunion it was too late. and we already know that deep down JH had feeling for him too (otherwise she won't care much about his business). but then MH came along.

but what I meant that LYW is much better actress therefore you can see how she shines in her character as JH much better than NGR. therefore by the end, when JH goes back to her body and be with Kang, I doubt that she will have as much chemistry and adorable interaction with him as YK.
I don't hate real JH character but something is irritating about her. she is just too made up and not natural

ps. was reading spoliers for this week eps, MH will be even more evil and bastard than he is now. I am wondering my feelings for him will change or not? or still BSB loving side of me holds strong.

. :mrgreen:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 4th, '11, 09:10

Issy wrote: Actually, I have to disagree about JH and Kang not being close here. they were very close as you always see them together. Ignore the fighting because we all know it does not come from them hating each other. if that was the case, they won't be around each other anyway. the problem was and is that Kang had problem letting JH know he loves her and after separation and reunion it was too late. and we already know that deep down JH had feeling for him too (otherwise she won't care much about his business). but then MH came along.
Yes, that's what I mean. They have a relationship but it's different from YK and YS. There's 2 types. One cosy and love dovey and the other relationship is "fighting" relationship. Being so in love and bonded doesn't mean it lasts forever which contrasts with one that looks fragile from all the fighting, but ends up being the most strong. I doubt Kang would ever change his feelings for JH even after a long period of time.
Issy wrote: but what I meant that LYW is much better actress therefore you can see how she shines in her character as JH much better than NGR. therefore by the end, when JH goes back to her body and be with Kang, I doubt that she will have as much chemistry and adorable interaction with him as YK.
I don't hate real JH character but something is irritating about her. she is just too made up and not natural
I don't think you're hating JH character. You're just finding the actress is too plastic looking so you don't like her. If it was another actress, you probably wouldn't get that feeling. I think the actress looks like a JH character. She looks like an air head. LYW wouldn't fit as JH cuz she doesn't look like an air head. It would be hard to pass her off as one.

MH has always been a bastard from the start. I doubt he will change. MH and IJ is a match maid in heaven. Both are really troubled people. Their excuse for stealing and hurting others are so lame. I thought maybe there was some deeper reason or other but guess not. I guess there are people who are like that. Putting blame on others for their misfortune.

I read an interesting tidbit. Seems LYW's bday is same as her characters bday :)

Issy

Post by Issy » May 4th, '11, 10:00

Exactly. Plastic! Great description. :mrgreen:
That's why I am having trouble waiting for the ending because I know who Kang will end with. I just don't like real JH enough to see her happily living with Kang.

Reading the spoilers I really hope that MH and IJ find themselves standing infront of that " elevator" by the end. Even with all my love to BSB, I think it's only fair.
Btw, we still don't know much about IJ reasons for doing all these. Or all that crap she told YK about " not being able to give " was the reason? Honestly, I found both of MH and IJ reasons totally silly.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 4th, '11, 11:25

Their reasons are silly and killing them off is too much. Too good for them. I hope they live, defeated and destroyed and alone. Silly villains deserve such endings.
As for JH, Issy-kins, you do like the character. You just like the character played by the other actress, who has done an excellent job copying Nam Gyu Ri's style.

I personally like JH. She is an airhead, but let's face it. Most rich bimbos are also very selfish and bad people. JH isn't. She is too good for her own good, in fact.
She may have shown some selfish behavior, but considering what happened to the woman and what she's going through, anyone of us would have done worse.

To realize that your two most precious friends were lying to you, that no one besides your parents loves you and to go through that kind of a rollercoaster ain't easy.
I'd say JH is a veeery admirable person to keep to her principles and to still have compassion for others even in that kind of a situation. I personally admire the girl.

And maybe because I like her character, I really don't mind Nam Gyu Ri. I didn't mind her since the beginning. Plastic, for sure, but she doesn't creep me out much.
And I really didn't find her acting as bad as some said. In fact, I quite like it. I've seen many bimbo character and idol actresses that annoy me, but she just ain't one.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 4th, '11, 12:10

:lol OH YES, I do like JH'c character and a lot too. let's face it, her character is very admirable comparing with real YK character who has been living like a zombie for 5 years. this one already half dead-alive and struggling to set things right and not give up. even though she thinks there might not be any chance for her to go back, she still wants to help her parents and friends. not only them, she even wants to make YK happy in her life too. I do like her character.
I guess i was impressed by LYM acting JH alot so not liking NGR as much. but hell yeah. she is MUUUUUUUUUUUUCH less annoying than other actress than i have seen cough SYR and LJAcough :whistling:

OK, now i have changed my mind too. I do want MH and IJ to live and have a miserable life too. but knowing JH, I think she will forgive them. :cussing:

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 4th, '11, 13:23

Yeah, NGR fits the real personality of JH better than LYW because the latter looks too mature to have such a silly personality. I really think JHJ and NGR make a good pair especially in the flashbacks so I look forward to seeing that couple together at the end.

Min Ho is only going to get worse and I hope he doesn't get redeemed at the end.
http://chloeplus.blogspot.com/2011/05/s ... .html#more
On the other hand, the Min Ho who knows about Ji Hyun possessing Yi Kyung's body goes to Yi Kyung's place and secretly hands over a check to the landlord, asking her to drive Yi Kyung out of her property...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 4th, '11, 13:29

Finally. He had gotten too soft for a while now. He has to be a total jerk again. Let villains be villains. In Jung is doing just fine. He should be the same.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 4th, '11, 13:45

lol, yeah, falling in love with Ji Hyun/Yi Kyung just made him look pathetic. That's why can't take him seriously.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 4th, '11, 13:52

Orion1986 wrote:Finally. He had gotten too soft for a while now. He has to be a total jerk again. Let villains be villains. In Jung is doing just fine. He should be the same.
In my view MH was not soft to begin with. It's old time stories that villians were 100% evil. Why they can't have one good side too? In case of MN, he did not change his mind about whatche was going to do. His feelings towards IJ changed only. I liked this side of story that he fell for JH in YK body when he did not love JH at all. But I also get what you mean by him being soft Ori. The fact that he spent lots if times indecisive. Maybe it's storylines pace fault? See? I still can't hate that bastard
:whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 4th, '11, 14:10

A calculative bastard like him doesn't fall in love. He just got intrigued cause JH/YK "resisted his charm".
So, I would have preferred they showed it for what it was instead of showing him confused about "feelings".

I like completely evil villains myself or at least balanced, realistic ones. Someone who has the coldness to do such things for so many years doesn't suddenly develop feelings of love and compassion.
In works of fiction, either focus on that dilemma and struggle of the "Can he be bad with good things in him?" and make it a main theme (since it's not something easy to handle) or stick to one side.
At least that's how I like it. I think the subject of what is evil and good and how much of each one can have before going to either side is so big and so interesting, that half-assed versions annoy me.

So all these villains who are "yeah, he'll be bad, but let's throw some redeeming qualities in there" feel like the issue of good and bad has been taken too lightly when it's just done for the sake of drama.

Dang. Must keep quiet in DA for a while. I have so much to say but my hands aren't liking the typing. XD

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 4th, '11, 14:13

He did fall for her to an extent, seeing as he got so jealous because she was hugging Kang. LOL.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 4th, '11, 14:17

That's what I mean. But I would have preferred it to be shown more as "He's playing with my toy!" anger, since such a man would only "love" someone as property.
If you make a villain so bad that the viewers love to hate them and kinda dig them for being so badass, you don't make em soft. For any reason. For me, it ruins things.

Either you begin with creating the dilemma for the viewer so that they will actually think more deeply about the character and judge for themselves or stick to your ways.
For me and my taste, it doesn't work when they condition me to see someone as bad and enjoy the badness and then try to flip things as if it's that simple and easy.

The same has happened with many "villains" in kseries who don't gradually show some signs of change or have some traits to show they have a heart from the get go.
People don't change so fast. So, either create the balance from the beginning or leave them be as they were. I just don't like such issues being so superficially written.
A total evil jerk suddenly, after 30+ years of living like a bastard, being able to show compassion and understanding and caring is just too silly on a storytelling level.
Last edited by Orion1986 on May 4th, '11, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 4th, '11, 14:19

Yeah... but looks like he's over it now. lol. Just a shame that the innocent woman has to suffer in the process but I bet he'll say it's just her bad luck.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 5th, '11, 18:53

Orion should be happy because in episode 16, Min Ho was a straight villain. :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 5th, '11, 19:40

A gay villain would be ok too as long as he's evil. :P

But yesh. Can't wait for that! Give me cold and heartless BSB!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 5th, '11, 20:02

Oh damn, I missed the whole ardent discussion.

And I noticed lately funny thing. Maybe just a coincidence and maybe not.
Jeong Il-wu.
If you take Jeong and first part of the name - Il and reverse it - iljeong - you get korean word for "schedule".

Minho is this type of character I despise, because I can't even hate it. Evoking despisal is much worse, in my eyes, than being hateful. The former is pathetic, the latter isn't.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 5th, '11, 20:49

hahaha... gay villain would certain be good too. But he is extremely pathetic at first (his jealousy is hilarious) but then becomes cold and heartless later on. Cold, heartless and scary.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 6th, '11, 05:34

I roll my eyes every time Min Ho gets jealous LOL "How can every female in the world not fall for me? I'm da bomb." *throws a tantrum*

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 6th, '11, 10:31

I dislike villains like Min Ho and In Jung, mainly because their reason for being "evil" is so pathetic.[/spoiler]

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » May 6th, '11, 19:43

Oh Oh ! What am i missing ?!!!
But I guess that i have a problem, I cant hate anyone of the characters ! oh no that s not normal !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 6th, '11, 20:04

Sham26 wrote:Oh Oh ! What am i missing ?!!!
Oh, just a regular hate for kdrama villains :mrgreen:

Poor Scheduler... :cry:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » May 7th, '11, 10:00

The scheduler made me cry , he broke my heart , poor him :cry: !!
and Kang is the BEST BEST guy ever ,MH's eyes are so cooooooold , wah the actors are good !
!but there s just 4 ep left , when will she get that 2 drops ? I thought that her other friend will cry for her when she discoveres the truth !
:x
When I die and get that opportunity to choose between that 49 days and the elevator ill choose the last one ! Better die knowing some ppl really care about u than this !

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 7th, '11, 10:32

Sham26 wrote:
!but there s just 4 ep left , when will she get that 2 drops ? I thought that her other friend will cry for her when she discoveres the truth !
If she gets the 3rd drop at all, then it ill be in the final episode or at the end of the 19th on the 49th day, in the last few seconds, when she thinks, that all hope is lost. and the only possible people, who can shed these drops are Seo Woo, Min Ho and In Jung. So the second drop will most likely be Seo Woo (
well not 100%, because she finds out, that Kang loves Ji Hyun, so there is a chance, that love turns to hate and she doesn't cry.
) Either Min Ho or In Jung will be the "unexpected" tear, because one of them discovers, that he/she loves Ji Hyun (most likely Min Ho). One possible, but not very likely, drop is from YK, because there is a chance of a friendshipdevelopement between YK and JH.

Another possibility is, that she doesn't get all 3 tears and YK sacrifices her life for her. So JH can live with Kang and YK can be together with the scheduler.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » May 7th, '11, 17:38

Oh no , I dont wanna YK to sacrifice her self , I guess that s not the point of the drama . she thinks that nobody loves her and no body wants her but she will know that wasnt true and then enjoy living and falling in love again !
Last edited by Sham26 on May 8th, '11, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 8th, '11, 08:45

I just listed the possibilities. It will most likely have a happy happy end. The scheduler comes back to life, JH gets all 3 tears + Kang as lover, Min Ho and Il Jung will be redeemed and lead a happy life (together?)

Issy

Post by Issy » May 8th, '11, 09:38

I don't know what is people's fascination (not here, in other places :whistling: ) about wanting YK to end up with YS /Scheduler? he died 5 years ago, let him rest in peace. even if he does has an unfinished business, now he can have closure and move on.
with all my love to Il Woo and loving his character as the Scheduler to bits, his love story in 49 Days is not why i am watching the drama.
keep reading and reading people shipping YK/YS pair. :blink they were a couple 5 years ago. NOT ANYMORE. :crazy: Unless, YS is lying in coma some where which i really doubt because he is a scheduler now and it means he is dead already.
I still have to watch ep 15 and 16 but as i read they are quiet an emotional eps (those eps in any drama that you know that you don't like watching but you have to) I might wait and see them with this weeks ep. not sure if I can hold on though.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » May 8th, '11, 10:37

Issy wrote:I still have to watch ep 15 and 16 but as i read they are quiet an emotional eps (those eps in any drama that you know that you don't like watching but you have to) I might wait and see them with this weeks ep. not sure if I can hold on though.
Haha ! Funny to hear that ! The scheduler has choosen to do that 5 years job just to be able to explain what did really happen to YK so he can rest in peace ! That s it ! They already spent 15 years together I guess thats really fortunate !
I wasnt interrested about their love stories , but ep16 really really make u feel sorry for them ! Im not gonna spoil anything , I ll wait to read ur comment about the next episodes Issy !
:cheers:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 8th, '11, 10:45

I also agree on that. Yi Soo is gone. Looong gone. Yi Kyung wouldn't have ended up that way if he wasn't and it would be damn rude of that hotel clerk to say he died.
Yi Soo is gone for good and being born again is pretty much the "best" ending he can get. Hell, if you want em together that much, he should be 20 when she's 50 or so. :rofl:

I also don't feel for their relationship much. I can't feel for them simply because I didn't see enough of them as a couple to really empathize. I just saw the kiss and smiles and all.
So, as sad as it is as a story, I can't get involved enough to really feel sorry for them and see them as the second couple because we just didn't have enough backstory shown.

Min Ho and In Jung, I hope they end up apart and miserable. Dead, if possible. I'd looove to see that elevator go dooown and dooown. But that'd be too much for such a series.

Ji Hyun will get the tears. The viewers wouldn't be ok without that. And Yi Kyung will live, simply to show how important life and someone caring for you is. Ji Hyun will save her.
I would be seriously dumbfounded if they advocated suicide or dying to be with your loved ones or something. I don't think they'd show such a thing on TV so she will definitely live.

And story-wise, the whole point of this seems to be the importance of life and how valuable it is to us. It's about these two women helping each other to appreciate it and keep it.

On another note, I still can't feel for the main couple either. I feel for the characters, but unfortunately, I simply can't stomach the actor. He just doesn't let me connect with Kang at all.
But Kang IS a good person and Ji Hyun and him deserve each other so I am happy. I just don't get kicks out of their interaction and "cuteness" like you guys do. Maybe I'm broken. XD

P.S: Sham, are you trying to kill Ecchan with that pic? Don't look, Ethlenn! It's Shi Hoo and teh kitteh!!!

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 8th, '11, 12:04

Someone elsewhere said they wanted IJ and MH to become 49ers as well. I think that would be a perfect ending.

Oh, I love Kang. :D

As for the YS/YK shipping, many of those people wanted HK/YK but when it became clear that wouldn't be happening, they switched. Their story is sad but the dude is dead so I can't be too involved in their story.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 8th, '11, 12:42

Orion wrote:On another note, I still can't feel for the main couple either. I feel for the characters, but unfortunately, I simply can't stomach the actor. He just doesn't let me connect with Kang at all.
But Kang IS a good person and Ji Hyun and him deserve each other so I am happy. I just don't get kicks out of their interaction and "cuteness" like you guys do. Maybe I'm broken.

maybe that's why I shipped and still ship Kang with JH in YK body. I KNOW it is impossible storylines and not going to happen but the main couple are not cute and adorable enough for me too. I like JJH, but his chemistry with his female leads are not that obvious.

as for YK/YS couple, as Ori said there was not enough back-story material about them as a couple comparing with JH/HK so naturally you don't really feel their love. it looks pretty and perfect as a picture (hence spotting so many avas and sigis of them, again not here :whistling: ) 16 eps passed before they decided to show us a glimps of YK and YS love. whatever happens in next 4 it won't be enough to qualify them as second loved couple. not to forget they still have JH/HK story to finish.

@sham26,
yay, I got a fan. :P then I guess I have to watch the last 2eps then. runs to look for subs.

oh, and I love the idea of MH and IJ be the next 49 dayes couple who will be looking in vain for 3 tears (how i wish it was for eternity). but which poor people's body they will posses.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 8th, '11, 12:42

Well, if a living person ends up with a dead one, this is called necrophilia.

Yisu is long dead, he died on the road, not being able to touch the rings even. His story is my favorite here, but not actually because of romantic issue, but his ontical status.

I guess, like many here said, plots and subplots are here to teach some peoples about the valueable things in life (well, for Minho and Injeong those values are certainly money and random revenge) and the meaning of the life itself.
Yisu died because of his own recklessness, sorry, I love the guy, but not to pay any attention to the road, especially when you drive a motorbike, is such a nice display of stupidity. "Oh, he was looking at the ring! He was in love!" And now he's in a grave. Yup, such romantic way of dying.

Now they accelerated the events. Waiting with anxiety for the Wednesday. Nice job, writers, nice job indeed! :alcoholic:
I'd like to see Minho in jail and Injeong doing a laundry for leprosarium.

I guess, sham did it on purpose. The ava, that is...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 8th, '11, 12:58

She's a bad girl. We should spank her.

And yes, if there's anything for the Scheduler to learn, it's to look at the damn road when you're on a motorbike and driving at crazy speeds. Without a helmet...
I still can't believe the same people who made Shining Crap, I mean Inheritance, made such a nice series. Kdrama has rarely been so surprising for me. :lol

And I liked the other 49er. He's.. ok, don't know his name but he was in When it's at Night and also 7th Grade Civil Servant. I just love this dude for some reason.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 8th, '11, 13:11

Issy wrote: oh, and I love the idea of MH and IJ be the next 49 dayes couple who will be looking in vain for 3 tears (how i wish it was for eternity). but which poor people's body they will posses.
Maybe Min Ho can possess In Jung's body and on the 49th day, when it's clear he will not survive, he will commit suicide i.e. murder her out of revenge and that will be how their story ends :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 8th, '11, 13:21

They should make a spin off series with that! Ahahaha!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 8th, '11, 18:48

In which BSB should strip.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 8th, '11, 19:01

I think with the schedulers background story, the point of it is that you should think before you speak even in anger. People say things they don't mean and when that happens, they should apologize quickly. If you wait too long, it might be too late to regret.

I really felt bad for scheduler when I saw ep 16 explanation. The way they wrote he died seemed a bit of a stretch. They could have killed him off with a better excuse? Like there was a huge traffic accident with many cars hitting each other or something? At least JH died a bit more reasonably except for the lack of seat belt LOL Maybe the writer is trying to warn others the importance of buckling seat belts.

One of my hopes by end of the drama is YK growing up. She's too insecure and like YS says, she hasn't changed or grown up since she was 5 years old. If she doesn't change, none of her future relationships will work out. She needs more confidence in herself. Before searching for someone to love her, she should learn to love herself first. At this point, she's' pretty pathetic. "No one loves me, no one cares about me...I don't care if I live or die." She needs to change that attitude of hers or all her relationships will turn sour.

In ep 16, they also give more insight to HK and JH relationship. I don't really feel the romance between them, but it was one-sided since JH never noticed. But now JH knows, but she can't admit she's JH so they're not romantically involved yet. But I am amused by their "I know who you really are but can't say" and "I know you know who I am but I can't say either". It's kinda like foreplay?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 8th, '11, 19:37

About Yikyeong, well, she was abandoned by her mother in a really cruel way. This kind of trauma stays in the mind. In happy times, it may be supressed, but in case anything goes wrong, the false sense of security cracks. And the relationship with Yisun was in that crucial moment. She felt insecure, but instead of "boldly go when no one has gone before" she retreated. And Freud would have a lot to say about her insecurity issues. But it's kind of true. She immediately thought of her mother leaving her like a piece of trash, or useless thing. And since she never knew about Yisun working his (nice) butt's off for her, the grudge became self-guilt.

I'm just curious about one thing - why she didn't get all his belongings? Everyone knew about their relationship, so shouldn't she get everything he got with him while he got into the accident? Seeing the rings would probably help. Or just help her commit suicide without failing.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 8th, '11, 19:56

He had left her and died. I don't think she'd want his stuff. Probably in fear she'd find more about the other girl in them. Survival instincts are very strong. Suicidal or not.

And Min Ho can only earn my forgiveness if he strips... So many kdrama guys I don't give a damn about seeing naked strip and he doesn't... Well, in this one, at least.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 8th, '11, 21:08

In any case she should be given a package with his stuff found on the death scene.
See, they always give those things to either family, or the closest related person. Personal experience, this is why I'm curious.
Hmm... I don't think Minho will strip here. Or maybe he will die and go to Hell, and there will be hot, and he will have to take off his shirt and...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 8th, '11, 21:29

Ethlenn wrote:About Yikyeong, well, she was abandoned by her mother in a really cruel way. This kind of trauma stays in the mind. In happy times, it may be supressed, but in case anything goes wrong, the false sense of security cracks. And the relationship with Yisun was in that crucial moment. She felt insecure, but instead of "boldly go when no one has gone before" she retreated. And Freud would have a lot to say about her insecurity issues. But it's kind of true. She immediately thought of her mother leaving her like a piece of trash, or useless thing. And since she never knew about Yisun working his (nice) butt's off for her, the grudge became self-guilt.

I'm just curious about one thing - why she didn't get all his belongings? Everyone knew about their relationship, so shouldn't she get everything he got with him while he got into the accident? Seeing the rings would probably help. Or just help her commit suicide without failing.
I think she probably just didn't pick them up. She lacks confidence to face things. It's known she was abandoned since early in the eps they say she's an orphan. But she needs to get over it. If she can't cross this wall, she can't move on with any other relatinoship. if she does it won't last. If she doesn't even love herself, how can she expect others to love her.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 9th, '11, 15:54

I love how their cliffhangers rarely amount to much. LOL

Ep 17 written preview from soompi
HK is surprised to see YK taking a taxi somewhere and follows her. Scheduler picks up the fallen JH and takes her on his motorcycle to Seoul Station. YK arrives at Seoul Station and gets on a train with JH and HK following her. HK asks for YKs help that in order for him to find some she needs to stay, JH while crying asks YK to let her live for her remaining days. YK hears JH desperate voice. Finally, YK accepts the situation and has a face to face talk with JH soul...
As for the Min Ho/In Jung couple, it looks like In Jung is the brain while Min Ho is the muscle. I really don't know how they are going to deal with them. I don't think they deserve redemption.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 9th, '11, 16:17

NO! no redemptions is allowed for MH/IJ at all. I want to continue hating them (or rather their characters) :P till the end and I want to have big *_____________* on my face as I see their misery. muhahahaha

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 9th, '11, 16:41

Its not a quesion if i would like to see a scheduler/YK-couple. I'm just saying, that it would be a happy happy end. The reasonable end would be, that yk let the scheduler go and looks with a new will to live for a future (with the doctor as possible partner, but i think she ends up solo at the end of the drama). And I'm almost certain, that there will be a redemption for Min Ho and Il Jung. Not because I want it, but because in almost all the dramas, which were made by the 49 Days- Staff, the villains lose the battle, but find a new meaning in life and are now happy. As for my opinion, so I would like to see them burn in hell.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 10th, '11, 17:33

Silverman wrote:As for my opinion, so I would like to see them burn in hell.
Poor Hell... it didn't deserve such rotten newcomers.
4 episodes, around 10 days left for JH and 2 tears. What if (dreaming about a twist) she doesn't get the last one? Or maybe YK will cry one tear for her?

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » May 10th, '11, 22:39

Here's how it is going to end:

YK and Minho end up together. YK finds someone who really wants to be with her and love her. That person is Min Ho.

JH doesn't get the tears and hops on the elevator, but saves her dads business by seducing Minho out of the plan using YK's body.

Seo Woo or whatever finally professes her feelings to Kang and he decides to give her a shot because JH told him to do so before jumping on the elevator.

In Jung moves to America, specifically Orange County, California and meets a really cool guy and they live happy ever after.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 10th, '11, 22:59

JiveTalkinRobot wrote:Here's how it is going to end:

YK and Minho end up together. YK finds someone who really wants to be with her and love her. That person is Min Ho.

JH doesn't get the tears and hops on the elevator, but saves her dads business by seducing Minho out of the plan using YK's body.

Seo Woo or whatever finally professes her feelings to Kang and he decides to give her a shot because JH told him to do so before jumping on the elevator.

In Jung moves to America, specifically Orange County, California and meets a really cool guy and they live happy ever after.
next thing I see, PD and all staff of 49days getting on the same plane trying to run away from angry viewers in order to save their lives. :cussing:

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » May 10th, '11, 23:09

Issy - that will be a part of the 1 hour special episode.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 10th, '11, 23:32

JiveTalkinRobot wrote:Issy - that will be a part of the 1 hour special episode.
great! because I like to see how they could not get on that plane and were captured and tortured enough to never think of making such ending.
oh, and IJ plane gets some technical problems and explodes in the air leaving her at the door front of that elevator. 8)

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » May 11th, '11, 05:20

Issy wrote:
JiveTalkinRobot wrote:Issy - that will be a part of the 1 hour special episode.
great! because I like to see how they could not get on that plane and were captured and tortured enough to never think of making such ending.
oh, and IJ plane gets some technical problems and explodes in the air leaving her at the door front of that elevator. 8)
Stop making stuff up.

Nothing happens to IJ's plane. She must make it in order to live happily ever after with that cool guy from California.