Try Lying to Me - SBS 2011

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 15th, '11, 13:42

Wut? The trailers play fine. Or I don't know what we are talking about. :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 15th, '11, 15:11

Well, it's just my Firefox then. Cause this is what I see here.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 15th, '11, 15:22

This is what I get:
Absolutely normal, no problems.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 15th, '11, 15:47

Good. I can live with it if it's just me. ^^

I sure hope not many users have such old versions of Firefox though. XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 16th, '11, 19:16

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 16th, '11, 22:43

Thanksies, hon!

Episode 3 was ok-ish...

Although I still wish they'll focus on the main characters from now on. We see the co-workers, dads, dads' girlfriends and the leads have so few scenes.
I realize they're going for an ensemble thing, but when your leads are friggin' Eun Hye and Ji Hwan, you give em airtime and plenty of it. Otherwise, it's boring.
It's fine and dandy to show some of the extended cast, but not more than the damn main couple and the rest are really not that interesting to show anyway.

That said, this series might be on to something with the way the "funny parts" go. Most series have the first few episodes funny and then go downhill.
I wish this will be a different kind of a series where the outrageousness escalates as we go. But I'm losing faith in the scenario and director at this point.
It's nice and all, but so boring considering the leads they have at their disposal. And they don't even give them screen time to do some nice work right now.

Eun Hye is awesome, but it seems as if she's the only character they actually wrote. Everyone else, including Ki Joon, is just a yawn-fest for my taste.
And Eun Hye has always had interesting male leads with her and characters. So, to have Ji friggin' Hwan AND make Ki Joon boring is just unforgivable.

Hopefully, things will pick up soon cause if we keep going this way and wasting two tremendous talents like these, I swear, I'll hate the makers oh so much.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 17th, '11, 07:01

Lie To Me OST Part 1

They should change the ending song. The 50'/60s-ish elements in the first episode were nice^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 17th, '11, 19:55

Watched the lastest and fortunately, things are picking up. This was nice.
We had some brotherly love and a nice little brotherly bonding play/fight... Between two hot men... Which sent Ori to the gutter. It's so nice to have an older hottie and a younger one for variety.

And they actually started to add layers to Ki Joon AND bro, which is lovely. I'm also more comfortable with the lack of both leads together cause at least they had big moments in this nearing the end of it.
But I do hope we'll go on full on fake marriage mode soon where we actually see more of them together. And more of So Ran squirming. That witch has every little bit of it coming for being so damn sick.

So, things are looking up and I hope it continues that way. I still wish they'd leave the artist/Go abeoji/cafe lady love triangle to the absolute minimum. It's cute, but it takes up too much screen time.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 17th, '11, 21:16

Good thing its picking up. I enjoyed the first couple of episodes but I did do a little bit of fast forwarding. Its kinda refreshing watching Eun Hye again and well you all know how I feel about Ji Hwan :wub: but Im just waiting for that scene with him and his pinky. I know its bound to show up sooner or later. Havent seen this week episodes so I'll keep an eye on it :mrgreen:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 17th, '11, 21:53

Finished epi 3 and was so-so.

There is still not a thing besides YEH that holds my attention. To be fair, it's a tad early to judge the show by its cover, and many start out at a slow pace, but can't help feeling little meh...

Most of the cast, is plain as hell, and nothing derives from the flatness that is their script.
On top of that, I feel like Yoon 'hot lips' Eun Hye is totally out of sync in this drama.

Mehe

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 17th, '11, 22:18

Esmer, the pinky will show up sooner or later. There is no way it won't pop up at some point. It's a trademark. I noticed his "brother" did it too, as he was picking up the chopsticks. Lol.

Myxale, Go Ae Jung is supposed to be utterly confused and erratic. So I find Eun Hye herself doing well with that. However, the script relies on her going nuts too much. Slapstick, not wit.
So yes, she's a bit all over the place, but not always in a good way. As for the rest of them, I like the bro. And now Ki Joon is showing promise. And that's it. The rest are just utterly boring.

I don't blame the writer since it is her first time and all, but they should have let her start with a "smaller" series. Not the ultimate kdrama fan fantasy of Ji Hwan and Eun Hye together.
When you get such a unique cast, you make sure you use a script that can allow them to shine. And so far, they are doing well despite it, not because of it. So yeah, bummer on that.

macross

Post by macross » May 18th, '11, 23:29

I like it so far. Wonder when that loan thing she puts into the car blinder will backfire somehow. And the look on her friends face as she gets so jealous is funny.

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » May 19th, '11, 04:35

Can't say I've been enjoying this series much. The story and pacing has been not that good especially compared Best/Greatest Love. Not sure if I want to continue watching this series, will probably give a few more episodes, hopefully it starts to pick up.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 19th, '11, 07:19

The last epi, was better than the previous ones. It's picking up tempo.

But nowhere near, -like Zodd said- Best Love!

macross

Post by macross » May 19th, '11, 08:15

Does best love have yoon eun hye in it though??!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 19th, '11, 10:12

Well, I still have hope. SBS Good Morning show had some behind the scenes recently. And it seems fun. Plus, Eun Hye and Ji Hwan are so cute to each other.

Here's a picture from a scene that's bound to have some laughs. Just look at this. He looks so helpless and she's as clingy as it gets. Ahaha. There's hope still.
I advise anyone who wants the latest info and goodies to visit yooneunhye.net. I have the link for the Lie to Me thread in the main post. They are always updated.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 19th, '11, 12:50

macross wrote:Does best love have yoon eun hye in it though??!
Sadly no. Nothing compares to YEH!

But I do like Biscuit just fine.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 19th, '11, 17:46

It seems like Lie To Me and Greatest Love is in competition to some people but to me they have their difference where I love them both. Best Love is that light, fluffy crazy love drama where as in Lie To Me it has your awesome actor/actress who makes the drama funny, cute, and more serious. Love my Cha ahjusshi and Ji Hwan :wub: Both is worth the shot to watch.

Havent seen this weeks episodes and cant wait but unfortuntly I have to wait until Sat. :glare: but hopefully and most likely the subs will be done by then :-)

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » May 19th, '11, 22:31

Exactly Macross, exactly.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » May 20th, '11, 14:48

Loved ep 4, things are picking up and I'm looking forward to seeing jihwan and eunhye having more scenes together from now on . . . oh and i do find the brother pretty . . . pretty ;) Or maybe it's just that his sexy voice makes me swoon ;)

The writer could be more original, there's been nothing we haven't seen before somewhere else, but brotherly love is indeed touching and I don't mind the slapsticky humor thus far. Hope the love-quartet will heat up things without getting totally cliche . . . Can't wait for the next episode!!

Gave Greatest Love another chance and watched up till ep 4 but I still find it boring and dislike everybody's acting, guess Hong sisters just aren't for me. Too bad Cha-ahjussi's choice of dramas doesn't agree with me :lol: Keke but as esmer wrote, no need to compare the two dramas - both are rom-coms but apart from that I see no similarities.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 20th, '11, 15:05

Exactly. Other than the fact that they're both rom-coms and both air at the same time, they are really nothing alike.
To be brutally honest, I like The Greatest Love more. I guess I'm just a Hong person. Love (most of) their works.

Lie to Me has the cast of anyone's dreams, but it's being wasted so far. 4 episodes to do what could have been done in 2 or even 1.
Unless this will last 30 episodes or something, I expect things to pick up and for us to be rewarded for sticking through the boring bits.

I think next week's episodes are going to be fun. They look fun. I mean look at that picture of em singing. Ahaha. Poor Ki Joon.

Ara-chwaaan! My wuuuuv! Us ladies need to get together and have a nice group kyaaing session at some point. :D

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 20th, '11, 15:53

I like Greatest Love better´because if feels tighter.

There's lots going on and never a overly dry moment. I'm not an expert. So telling a drama apart by the handwriting of their authors, directors or productions is not possible to me.

And since I relatively new to K-Dramas I don't know much about K- actors as well.
I originally started with Hong Kong Movies classics and found later to J-Dramas.

Sure I'm familiar with YEH from Coffee Prince. And with Biscuit from Hello my teacher. And of cause some actors from other dramas or movies. But thats it.

Since said actors delivered unforgettable performances, they stuck with me! Or I stuck witch them!

;)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 21st, '11, 19:43

I just died of teh cute...

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 21st, '11, 20:23

I think (hope) it will really pick up this week. I enjoyed episode 4.

Lludara

Post by Lludara » May 22nd, '11, 18:53

Love up to episode 4 so far...I didn't mind the side stories, guess that's just me.

Picked up Greatest Love and have only watched the first episode, will see how that pans out. It will be my first hong sisters drama...which I've been meaning to get around to watching for awhile....

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 23rd, '11, 09:55

Some nice Ji Hwan pics from Cosmo, courtesy of user Lhay from yooneunhye.net. Oh dear. :faint:

Image Image Image Image

More new stuff over there. There's always new stuff over there.

As far as episode 5 goes,
It's going well. Veeeery well. In fact, it did something I haven't seen many series do. Skipped the falling in love part for later and started with the lust. Which does happen in life as well.
I mean, Ae Jung and Ki Joon barely know each other and there has been no real realization of what the other person is about, so far. Still, he almost planted a good one on the woman.

How awesome is that? Not the overly idealized and romantic "I love you for your inner qualities and then think about sex with you", but a "Kiss now, fall in love later" kind of a twist here.
Which got the gutter going pretty fast since most of these CEO types are way too "respectful" and "considerate" towards the girls. Both as men and as the hot rich spoiled brats they are.

It's simple. Healthy young man + Vulnerable young girl with killer lips + Cherry Blossoms and romantic lighting = Kiss. "Couples" in kdrama are too kindergarten level in all things sensual.
And I hope this continues being fresh, in that respect. Hell, this guy seems so easy, he'd probably be pouncing on her within a few episodes. Don't think they'll take it that far, but still.
So, good stuff. Good stuff. Even got a little glimpse of Ji Hwan's waist... He was wearing white and the darker skin was very in my face because of the contrast with the clothes, of course. :roll

Me and my mom agree on this. Ki Joon needs to go topless at some point. Ji Hwan is quite careful with that, which is very nice of him, but we'd still like to see how healthy he has been and all... :whistling:
Last edited by Orion1986 on May 24th, '11, 01:21, edited 6 times in total.

macross

Post by macross » May 23rd, '11, 22:44

i'm sure the side stories are there for a reason and not just for filler. Stuff they do will affect something that happens later I'm sure of it!

Yay for monday, just gotta wait for subs or find a korean friend to translate for me!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 24th, '11, 10:19

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 24th, '11, 13:31

Dramabeans...Is not amused...concerning the direction and overall recipe of the show.
Seems the initial momentum gained by the high-caliber Leads wears off.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 24th, '11, 13:38

Who gives a damn, really? Not about the post, but about the gravity of that opinion. If each of us listened to what other viewers think about anything, we wouldn't be our own men... Women... AND men. Ahaha.
It's her right to not like it, it's nice to read her words and I do agree with many things. But I won't gasp and drop my food cause she made a post. Doesn't change my own opinion. Lol. Still, thanks for the update. ^^

But I do have something you will gasp with... Spoilery pic from yooneunhye.net. HOT one.
Ok ok. I'm kidding. HERE is the hot one.
Ohohoho. Yep. It IS Eun Hye and Ji Hwan after all. Another thing I love about these two.

And it seems that prediction on how fast things will get hotter might not be so off after all. Get'er, boy! :clap:
Last edited by Orion1986 on May 24th, '11, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 24th, '11, 13:44

Orion1986 wrote:Who gives a damn, really? If each of us listened to what other viewers think about anything, we wouldn't be our own men... Women... AND men. Ahaha.
Amen to that, Sister of Naughtiness... :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 24th, '11, 13:51

Sister of Naughtiness. I am a perverted nun now? Ahahaha. :rofl: Like it. Appropriate. :lol

Oh God... They have a video of that scene... Do I resist?... Yes, I will. Must wait for tonight.

And a little update:

WithS2 seems to be subbing this. They don't have a page for it yet, but it's in the subtitles status page. They are subbing episodes 1-4 now. Added a link here, on the first post.

I also added a link for the series' DC gallery. All the latest goodies there as well. In addition to yooneunhye.net, that is. But stuff is translated and more concentrated in the latter.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 24th, '11, 17:23

Yeah gotta agree with you there Orion...again. I try to need read other people's opinion for dramas. I'll ask maybe a simple question like, "Do I watch it yes or no?" but even if I get a "no" reply and like the synopsis I'll still watch it. :P

Yeah With S2 -Greatest Love is like that way also. If im right its only provided for the VIP folk so we are just gonna have to wait a little longer for the subs for this drama. It wont stop me from watch Ji Hwan though! :mrgreen:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » May 24th, '11, 18:38

OMO...ORI...I died. What a kiss!! This is how you make your viewers skip a couple of beats!!
Keke though I kinda find it a bit too much in front of all these people but who wouldn't forget their surroundings getting kissed like that ;)

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » May 24th, '11, 20:10

Lol. They finally gave us something we want. LOL. More, please.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 24th, '11, 22:01

Oh.. My... God....

Yep... Told you. Ki Joon is easy. Ahaha. Loved the episode. We finally have the leads in scenes together. Hoo boy, do we have em together. :faint:
It's nice that the dongsaeng cat is out of the bag now. And it seems pretty clear Sang Hee doesn't see Ae Jung romantically yet. I don't think he ever will.
The side characters are actually more involved in the main plot and useful for a change, which is also good. We also see less of them now, which I like.

And what can be said about the leads. Oh man. Ae Jung is just nuts, but she's very realistic as a character. It's incredibly easy to care about what others think and get carried away like that.
Especially when you've worked your ass off to get a guy, only to have your best friend take him, revenge ain't a crazy concept to consider. And Ae Jung can't stop getting deeper cause of it.
There has to be a good reason for such a lie and you have to see why said character does what they do. It's a bit too much of Ae Jung, but seeing how it affects her makes it understandable.

Ki Joon, I also like. A LOT. You have guys like what-was-his-name in Full House who are stuck in an old not-even-relationship and can't even realize they like someone new. That gets annoying fast.
Ki Joon doesn't give a rat's and doesn't wallow much. The guy went all hubby and even planted an oh-god-im-fainting, proper, awesome, fangirl-dizzying kiss on the girl. Now THAT'S a good man!
I'm still a bit worried that it might be a phase, that he might start getting doubts soon or that the kiss didn't even happen, as it feels too good to be true at this point, but I'm gonna trust it and him for now.
And again, I effing love Eun Hye and Ji Hwan. I knew it would be awesome and it was. I hope the series keeps going like this. It started off slow, but it's spoiled us bad now. No going back, pweeze.

Viande

Post by Viande » May 24th, '11, 22:33

The picture.. *faints*

Gaah now you made me want to watch the ep without subs!!

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » May 24th, '11, 22:38

I like this show.

IDGAF what everyone else is saying. I find it entertaining.

YEH is epic.

I also like how the behavior of SOME of the chars is more in line with how I would react.

Like the two brothers when they meet again.

It's like "dude I messed up, but I'm back"..."I know you messed up but mannnn it's good to see you!"

That's love.

Rather than the typical brooding brotherly hate stuff we see all the time.

The only really cartoonish char is that girl who hates YEH. It's too much for such a simple thing like jealousy.

but seriously.

YEH.

Done.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 24th, '11, 22:38

Well, depending on how drama-crazy you are, you might be able to understand most of the things said even without subs. Lol. I can, by now. Doesn't spoil it for me.
If anything, it's nice to watch without subs because you can focus on the expressions, acting etc more. And then you get the subs and can understand 100% of it.

It depends on the series. Baby-faced Beauty is not so nice, so we wait for that since it's not something we want to re-watch many times. It's not worth doing this.

Jive, I agree, but don't be quick to judge So Ran. The actress might be over-doing it to be comic and b*tchy, but there ARE such women and they are damn scary.
A lot of these women with bad marriages and who aren't really "rich" in character find comfort in other things. She got an obsession and she's acting fueled by it.

As for the brothers, you're right. Bros before hoes. They lost their parents and grew up to be close. They're family. Angst cause of a woman would not be that normal.
It would be for younger ages and overly-romantic people, but real life ain't a fairytale and you don't always love a guy or girl in a way you think they're the only soulmates.
Doing something like that to your brother, whom you're so close with and love, over a girlfriend is just not something most guys would do. It's only natural he'd decide this.

Viande

Post by Viande » May 24th, '11, 23:19

Hehe, my Korean vocabulary is mostly drama/k-pop themed so I can only understand things that you can figure out anyway. (I love you... Oh don't leave me! It hurts so much etc) :lol

But I know what you mean. When I was watching some American dramas without subs I realized how much I paid attention to other things like small gestures.... and how bad the acting was. :whistling:

About the negative comments. I think there is always much criticism towards hyped dramas. Same was with Secret Garden and I totally loved it from first episode to last, even though there was some nitpicking about "forceful bed scene" (It still makes me smile...) and who knows what else. But then again I don't care much about small things, for me the most important part in dramas (and music) is the feeling. If I enjoy watching it, it's good enough.

Oh and about the brotherly love, I like that not all dramas have to be so grudge themed. (49 Days had grudge enough for the rest of the year...)
Last edited by Viande on May 24th, '11, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 24th, '11, 23:23

Exactly. If you like it, you like it. Some fuss and nitpick, others don't. Not EVERYONE wants to nitpick at things, or all things, or all the time, or with all series.
Like The Greatest Love. Who can start nitpicking there? It's Hongs! You can't afford that. You just condition your brain for fluff and go along with everything.

And I do get the comments. Had some myself. It was because people know kdrama usually start strong and then get boring.
But it's pretty clear by now, that this is unconventional in some ways. So anything is possible from this point on in this series.

SouthsideIrish

Post by SouthsideIrish » May 25th, '11, 12:41

esmer86 wrote:Yeah gotta agree with you there Orion...again. I try to need read other people's opinion for dramas. I'll ask maybe a simple question like, "Do I watch it yes or no?" but even if I get a "no" reply and like the synopsis I'll still watch it. :P

Yeah With S2 -Greatest Love is like that way also. If im right its only provided for the VIP folk so we are just gonna have to wait a little longer for the subs for this drama. It wont stop me from watch Ji Hwan though! :mrgreen:
Wait for what, the Viikii subs are quick enough. Just watced 5 and I imagine 6 will be done tomorrow.

Lludara

Post by Lludara » May 25th, '11, 21:43

Orion, totally agree with what your saying. I like the lust first love later approach...seems totally more like real life.

Another thing i thought was just funny from EP 5:
Does anyone else find it absolutely hilarious that Ji hwan's character was totally willing to kiss her after she threw up all over his tie and shirt? LOL. Obviously he must be lusting for her pretty hard.

Viande

Post by Viande » May 25th, '11, 21:54

Watched the ep 5 and 6 with subs.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, the kiss at the end, it totally blowed my mind. And it defiently wasn't just a peck, I mean I thought they were going to make out there! :lol

What else... uhh my mind went blank... I think I need fresh air. :faint:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 25th, '11, 21:54

Hard... Don't say that word... Especially not close to Ji Hwan's name... Or any other hot guy's name. XD
But yeah. Even with the medicine, I'm guessing she had a very strong Eau de Barf about her at the time.
But still, romantic setting, healthy guy, girl with awesome lips. Poor guy can only take so much like that.
I do think the series is very fresh in that sense. I think, in kdrama, they feel that if they have the romance first, it's more meaningful, but you can have just as meaningful a relationship if it started with physical attraction.
Love comes from knowing a person anyway. Romance and the "lovey-dovey" phase are in no way stronger than sexual attraction. Both of those may lead to deeper understanding and love and they are both there.
Sometimes the attraction comes first, then the feelings. Sometimes vice versa. Sometimes, feelings don't develop after attraction or attraction after feelings, and they fade away. Sometimes, it works and turns into love.

Viande, I know how you're feeling, love. They really went all out. Heavy stuff. Wish kdrama would just do more of that. That was natural, realistic and HOT!
Also, I think they might be literally saved by the bell, if the preview tells that story. Cause they look pretty ready to shoo the guests away at this point. Ahaha

Viande

Post by Viande » May 25th, '11, 22:26

Ok got the fresh air.

Oh yes Orion, I can imagine that. I managed to restrain myself from watching the preview. I just hope their lust doesn't disappear. :mrgreen: I think every pairing with YEH has been hot. And I'm not disappointed on this one either. Hehehee

At first I was a bit sceptic about Kang Ji Hwan's chracter because I still have Coffee House in my mind and Ki Joon seemed a bit "almost" compared to Jin Soo. But now I'm actually starting to see what kind of man he is. I like how easy he is what it comes to love (to his brother or to ladies). He's strict but so simple and loving.

I agree about So Ran, I actually like that character. She's like serpent, hissing all the time and I find it amusing. Yes, she's very cartoonish.

And Sang Hee, he's a funny trickster. I like how Ah Jung and him seem like two little kinds fooling around.

Btw anyone annoyed about the guitar girl? I get the same feeling as had with Playful Kiss and that school band. I hope they ditch that girl :crazy:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 25th, '11, 22:38

She was fresh for a bit, but if she's gonna sing annoying things every time she opens her mouth, yes, let her go already.
And let the whole elderly romance triangle go. Honestly, father aside, the other two characters are useless and boring.

I also felt a bit like that for Ki Joon at the beginning. He had the basic ocd and the neatness, but none of the weirdness he should.
But then I realized they do know whom they hired and for what. Ki Joon is quite a weird one, in his own way and the way he thinks.
And I think the cast is getting more comfy with each other now. And the script is giving them more to work with and create with.

It's not perfect, but it's friggin' Eun Hye and Ji Hwan being nuts together. Any more epic and the universe would explode. My heart too.
So I really don't mind the minor issues, as long as it keeps going this way. I've watched crappier shows for less important reasons too.
I've watched SI, My Girl, even some of My Princess and they sucked like a sponge. As long as Eun Hye and Ji Hwan can shine, I'm good.

And kiss. Shine and kiss. Hoo boy. :faint:

macross

Post by macross » May 26th, '11, 03:00

Wonder if that kiss is just a fantasy lol. It was kinda sudden like all the other fantasies they always having.
Next ep preview with that auntie surprise visit, I knew that was gonna happen, so cliche! Actually I thought the ex would come over to his house and visit when the doorbell rang lol.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 26th, '11, 08:11

I don't think it is. We saw the reactions of the guests so I don't think Ki Joon would bother imagining them and it's definitely not Ah Jung's fantasy. She's too panicked and confused at this point.
Some say it feels a bit sudden, but if you accept the fact that this guy is just attracted to her like a torpedo to a sub, it's not all that weird. We're just so used to the "developing feelings slowly" way.

Feelings develop over time and they may or may not begin with a "click" in characters. You really dig someone as a person and it goes fast. Or then they progress slowly and you like em bit by bit.
But attraction ain't so slow. They're adult people. If he's gonna get the hots for her physically and see her as someone he has to kiss and do other things to, it'll happen preeetty fast. As it has already.

He's at the point where the attraction is realizing itself faster than his feelings. He clearly thinks about the woman, bothers about her tastes, her life, he has feelings for her and they're getting stronger.
They just happen to be a bit slower than his attraction to her. This guy went through a bad break up which is still up in the air and back in his life. He's not going to realize and admit new feelings soon.

But if anything, the way this is going feels very natural. We're too used to the ideal and romantic "Will not touch her till we're in loooove" in kdrama, but this is just not how it happens. Not often, at least.
And I don't think it makes it not romantic or Ki Joon a total horny fiend or so. It will just go the other way around and the romance will come slowly. And Ki Joon is just a normal guy. Cooky, but normal.

That is IF the series is indeed as smart and fresh as I hope it will be. All of the above are said with he assumption it will go as it's supposed to and as it would in a romantic real-life situation.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 26th, '11, 17:38

After watching the latest epi, it is clear to me that YEH is the only reason I watch.

But my fascination with her goes only so far, and cannot be a substitute for the missing rest in this show.

I wished she'd starred in something more substantial and less glossy.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 27th, '11, 17:58

Update:

Check out yooneunhye.net. Pages 30 and 31 have an interview or something and pics too.
Sorry, but I can't be bothered to make a post about things that are already collected there.

It's just one click away. :roll

>>CLICK<<

Also, it seems we have some more good stuff coming...
A second kiss. A shocking "cola kiss"? Oh God... Not another "cappuccino kiss". Now they'll all start drinking cola and wanting to pass it into some guy's mouth or something.
Don't give the fangirls another crazy and unsanitary thing to drool over! Ahaha. They're gonna use it to the fullest. But then it'll make the cola companies very happy though...

Fangirl alert aside, that sounds hot and absolutely hilarious. Is Ki Joon getting so hor... anxious that he'll be aiming to kiss the woman even when she's enjoying a soft drink?

Love it how they're determined to kiss properly though. THAT'S how leads should behave. Plan and talk it out and make sure the kiss comes out well. Professionalism rocks.
Man. I knew there would be craziness involved someway or other... It's Eun Hye and Ji Hwan after all...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 27th, '11, 18:09

My favorite:
Jeez, cute as hell...
Thanks Ori^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 27th, '11, 18:14

Kang Ji Hwan revealed, "It was an out of the blue kissing scene while singing, but it's good that it came out attractive. We tried our best after we made an agreement that we will stay away from any standard drama kissing scenes of just putting the lips together.

*sigh* Have I ever told you how much I love you, Ji Hwan oppa? And bring Eun Hye unni over cause I want to give her a great big hug for rocking as much as you do... I just feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I hear such "Hallelujah!"-worthy words from kactors.

And yes, the pics are really cute. :thumright: Here's one more of the same happening. Ahaha. They're so adorable, aren't they? And Ji Hwan, babe. You know I love them hands. :notworthy:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 27th, '11, 18:26

I can picture the shooting of the scene...
"No, no, that wasn't this. Let's try again"... "No, that was a kiss? Again!"... "Are you kidding? A Peck? One more time!"... "That was almost perfect, but we are pro, so no 'almost'"... "Yes, that was a good kiss, but we may shoot it one more time, just to be sure"... "Well, there is no thing that can't be even more perfect. One more?"...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 27th, '11, 18:35

Ahahaha. Well, if set filming wasn't the most unromantic environment, they would have probably enjoyed that.
Unless they did what our drama couple did in the series itself. Enjoy and forget about everyone in the room. Lol.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 27th, '11, 18:46

I'm still behind, but probably today will watch both eps. I just can't wait for June 15... Free time (relatively)!!

But from what I read, they started it, they did. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 27th, '11, 18:58

Oooh yeah. If things keep going this way, we'll be passed out from teh hot and teh cute soon enough. :faint:

tianmiheidi

Post by tianmiheidi » May 27th, '11, 20:25

macross wrote:Wonder if that kiss is just a fantasy lol. It was kinda sudden like all the other fantasies they always having.
Next ep preview with that auntie surprise visit, I knew that was gonna happen, so cliche! Actually I thought the ex would come over to his house and visit when the doorbell rang lol.
i too am afraid that it might turn out to be a fantasy sequence.....there are a couple of reasons i think so
firstly-- the expression on So Ran's face. She is looking so weird, almost like she is enjoying the PDA when from what we know of her, she should have been making those jealous faces of hers: looking totally furious that Ah Jung is getting romantically snogged!!
secondly-- notice how their rendition of the song suddenly changes from the Karaoke Version to a studio recorded version. Isnt it strange? so there was definitely a jump from reality somewhere i feel.
i hope i am wrong wrong wrong!!!! i want the kiss to be real. :'(

Viande

Post by Viande » May 27th, '11, 20:36

Ahh they're too cute! :lol Thanks for the link!

"I used an entire bottle of mouthwash for the kiss scene"
About that "Cola kiss", what first came to my mind was the silly "indirect kiss" that is always in dramas. :P Second was Super Junior's Kangin's and Sungmin's "cola kiss", which was Kangin and Sungmin drinking cola from same bottle and then Kangin bursting into laugher and spreading the cola over Sungmin's face.
I hope it isn't about mouth to mouth cola change but I hope they have used imagination and we will get somethig really strange/hot.
About the first kiss:
I think it's real, there isn't any reason not to be. They have already almost kissed, why not for real now? I didn't sense anything about the scene that it wouldn't be; it wasn't blurred nor overdone. Also, Ki Joon was staring Ah Jung already at the dinner table, which was kind of suggesting itself.

tianmiheidi

Post by tianmiheidi » May 27th, '11, 20:49

@viande...hmmm you could be right. Maybe i am over-thinking this. Hopefully you are right and we see some serious progress between those two after this. Theres always the cola kiss to look forward to :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 27th, '11, 21:34

OK, so the things are progressing rapidly now, and from the preview it looks like hell will be unleashed soon.
We have the old flame that wants to claim back "her man", and we have the man falling for another girl. Also, there is this younger fellow, and not to mention foxlike Soran and her cheating hubby.
Oh boy! :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 27th, '11, 22:13

You forgot the "must find a good wife" aunt. Not to mention basically EVERYONE else in the friggin' series! Ahahaha!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 28th, '11, 13:22

Ah, yes, yes...
She doesn't want to Yunju to be with Sanghee, or I missed something?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 28th, '11, 13:29

She generally wants that girl to be away from them cause she's afraid Sang Hee might run away again.
And I don't think she will like a civil servant (and a crazy one to boot) as her nephew's and heir's wife.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 28th, '11, 13:45

Hm, it was funny to see the sudden change in Sanghee's behavior. He's like a brat with our unhinged Civil Servant, but that girl just shocked him. And it looks like they parted not on good terms.

Update: episodes 1&2 are on WITH S2 already!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 29th, '11, 10:18

Ok. Updated the main post with the WithS2 page for the series, which is now available.

Also, it seems Ki Joon's lips can't help themselves. This guy is spoiling us! :faint:
Honestly, though, who can blame the man? She's adorable and gorgeous. Which makes the lack of "skinship" even more ridiculous in kdrama.
How exactly can these healthy young men resist the girls they are in love with when said girls happen to be ridiculously pretty "goddesses" too?

It ain't natural, people! Ki Joon feels like one of the few normal guys out there! :lol

But this also makes me curious for how they will put a halt to this. We still have so many episodes to go and Ki Joon will obviously not continue this thing with as much oomph.
Cause if things went as they're going, they'd probably be having sex in the next few episodes. And I doubt the series would go that far. Hell, there's no way that they'd do that.

So, either Ae Jung will be fiercely against it and then we'll have to spend the entire series with her "falling in attraction" as well, or something will happen to postpone things.
Even if the shocking and more realistic thing would be for these two to sleep together, get that tension out of the way and then fall slowly in proper "feelings included" wuv.

Or then Ki Joon might wake up one morning and think he's being silly and DECIDE to stop liking her, since all these kdrama guys seem to think they can control their feelings and all.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 29th, '11, 10:32

Hmm... In Take Care of The Young Lady (again with lovely Eunhye) there was this "morning after", not in the last episode either. She's got to play one of the most courageous female characters out there, that's for sure.
Or maybe writers slowly started to realize that normal people kiss? And have fantasies?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 29th, '11, 10:54

And normal people also want to actually sleep with the ones they like. And they stop "loving" like kids when they grow up! Oh dear. Who would have thought?
But gotta love Eun Hye for her choices in more realistic series. And honestly, I loved Take Care of The Young lady. It seems everyone keeps saying it was crap.

So yeah, glad to see there are more series and actors willing to show a bit more realistic relationships for a change. Rom-coms aren't watched by young teens alone, you know.
And the rest of us can only handle so much before we start laughing at a series for being so ridiculously conservative in ONLY that thing, when completely nuts with anything else.

Honestly, I should make a list of series, actors and actresses who show us proper kissing and intimacy that's present in any relationship. They keep people like us sane and watching.

Ok, "sane" is not the case for the actual moment... Cause we all lose it when said moment comes. Mainly cause of the hot men and cause we don't expect em from kdrama too often. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 29th, '11, 10:59

You know I loved that series as well. It was nice and fresh. No annoying, clingy second characters, proper kissing, developping of the feelings... a normal reason to hate granddaughter's lover, well... Let's hope Lie To Me will be another good one.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 29th, '11, 11:15

Well, the proper kissing department is doing mighty well so far. :roll

Viande

Post by Viande » May 29th, '11, 12:56

I liked Take Care of the Young Lady as well. I think I listed it in the thread "underrated dramas" with The Vineyard Man. Only thing I didn't like about Take Care of the Young Lady was the ending, it was a bit too rushed and I would have liked to see more of their life together. :mrgreen:

I think YEH has had several bed "scenes" before. In Goong it wasn't that obvious but it was "the hiccup night" and it wasn't in the last episode. In Coffee Prince there was actual bed scene, I don't remeber in which episode though. In The Vineyard Man there was no actual bed scenes but they ended up in same bed(or tent) a few times after drinking too much or after Ji Hyun getting lost in the mountains. Even though nothing happened, the vibe was still there. :whistling:

So... I don't think we will get disappointed in this one either. 8)

Edit: Re-watched The Vineyard Man ep12 "after drinking" scene again and oh my, I want to watch the series again. I laughed so much. :wub:
Last edited by Viande on May 29th, '11, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 29th, '11, 13:05

If they give us a proper bed scene with these two actors, the bar in my heart will rise OH so high for kdrama after this. :rofl:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 29th, '11, 13:05

In Coffee Prince it was episode 16, the one before last 17.
And yes, Goong and "hiccup", and I thought it was only me who thought something was indeed. Plus, she was pregnant by the end of it, in Macau.

That makes me happy about her choice in drama^^
Oh plus, Jihwan... damn...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 29th, '11, 13:16

Ehehe. He is one charming devil indeed. I think you should link your blog post here. We haven't gotten a good look of his body in LTM. :whistling:
Yet... I love the guy for not showing off, but we get so many not-so-awesome shower scenes. Why not for a guy that's worth the scene? XD

And you know, real life loving couples have feelings, know each other's personalities, kiss and have sex. It's the normal and healthy way.
So, unless we get proper couple kisses and at least a hint that their sex life is going to be healthy as well, I don't consider them a couple.

Idealistic romance is fine and all, but we're not all young teens who see a YAB peck and go "Kyaaa! SO HOOOOT!!". Throw us a bone here!

... almost wrote something else... don't... don't say it...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 29th, '11, 14:00

Sorry, all I can read from your post is sex and Jihwan...

HALP!!!

PS.To gutter others out Payback!