RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 1st, '11, 20:30

Watching The Snow Queen. It's quite good, actually. I bet that I know the ending already. There is no doubt, to be honest, you get to know the ending in first 5 minutes of the drama. However, it's not as serious as, for example, Resurrection or A Love To Kill, and I noticed that it was not as serious when I listened to OST songs, before that I didn't even pay any attention to that. So - anyone can recommend me something? I don't want to know the ending in the beginning already, though.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 2nd, '11, 19:14

if you watched a few dramas from a specific genre, then you can pretty much guess how it ends.

Romantic comedy - Happy end for everybody and in most cases even for the bad guys, who were assholes 99% of the time (Hey, the villain caused a few hundred people to lose their jobs and homes, but it's ok, because he or she got just one candy instead of two, so they had their reasons to terrorise the innocents. if the real world were a romcom, Bin laden would open a flower shop in New York and lead a peaceful life.).

Drama (Melodrama)+Romance - at least one of the main characters dies from cancer/tumor/accident

Action in combination with other genres (romance/mystery/crime)-The villain pays most of the time for his crimes, but not before he kills one of the second-lead/"main"suppport-characters.

Romance- The end is less predictable as in the other genres. But in most cases the main-lead-characters become lovers, but the end is not just sunshine and happiness, so there are negative aspects too. .

Historical- i havn't seen a lot of these dramas, but in most cases the mainlead dies.

These are just a few examples...But the idea is, that there almost no dramas with a suprising end.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 2nd, '11, 19:30

Silverman wrote:if you watched a few dramas from a specific genre, then you can pretty much guess how it ends.

Romantic comedy - Happy end for everybody and in most cases even for the bad guys, who were assholes 99% of the time (Hey, the villain caused a few hundred people to lose their jobs and homes, but it's ok, because he or she got just one candy instead of two, so they had their reasons to terrorise the innocents. if the real world were a romcom, Bin laden would open a flower shop in New York and lead a peaceful life.).

Drama (Melodrama)+Romance - at least one of the main characters dies from cancer/tumor/accident

Action in combination with other genres (romance/mystery/crime)-The villain pays most of the time for his crimes, but not before he kills one of the second-lead/"main"suppport-characters.

Romance- The end is less predictable as in the other genres. But in most cases the main-lead-characters become lovers, but the end is not just sunshine and happiness, so there are negative aspects too. .

Historical- i havn't seen a lot of these dramas, but in most cases the mainlead dies.

These are just a few examples...But the idea is, that there almost no dramas with a suprising end.
Close. But not exactly.

Anyhow, I don't mean that you can guess the ending, but that it's already shown. In The Snow Queen they already showed the ending(in the very beginning, if I'm not mistaken). That's what I don't like. But drama was very good. As for me, throughout the drama, there were pretty much no tear-jerking moments(or very sad for that matter) but the last episode was quite touching, even I have to admit. However, the female lead was just... awesomely pretty, cute, beautiful and all. Saying this makes me feel like a pervert again but I really wanted to squeeze her like a puppy. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is searching for something more than just a good laugh.

You know... I don't know why but I feel like watching A Love To Kill again... for the 3rd time... and I finished my 2nd time only few weeks ago.

So anybody have anything to offer? To be honest, after watching this drama I think I'm up for a rom-com for a change.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '11, 19:53

He who can't get married, Neliets (the korean one). Priceless.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 2nd, '11, 20:02

Orion1986 wrote:He who can't get married, Neliets (the korean one). Priceless.
I have to agree with Ori 100% too. This drama is just perfect. Although have to say that it's japanese original version is nothing but perfect too. I normally don't like remakes. Specially if I really like the original but in here I totally did not mind and enjoyed it the same. I think I will rewatch the drama again. Missed JJH :wub:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 2nd, '11, 23:13

I just brought another hard drive so this means I could go back on my "must watch Kdrama frenzy" again so I was wondering is there any dramas out there like "That Fool." What I am looking for is a drama where the lead guy who gets the girl is just your average good looking man. Not you Idol's/hearttrobs oppa's but a realistic kinda guy. Dont get me wrong, whats wrong with seeing good looking guys but sometimes I just want a breather from the hotness. :D Any suggestions?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '11, 23:34

Again, He who can't marry. 40-year-old cranky clean-freak who just doesn't seem to process things before he says them.
Good looking people, but realistic characters and situations. Very nice series. Like That Fool, one of the worthy rom coms.

Also, you got plenty of sexy and healthy people in their late 30s and early 40s, which is awesome. Good actors, attractive.
I don't see why rom coms should mostly feature 20-year-olds. Well, the fangirls like em, that's why. But variety is good.

And Yoo Ah In is so likable here that I might watch SKKS after all, for his sake alone. Maybe during the summer then.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 2nd, '11, 23:37

101st Proposal (I've seen just the K-Version, but there also Tw and J-Versions) is about a average/below average guy. This drama isn't a "must watch", but its good.
Vineyard Man - good
Come Back Soon-Ae OK
What's Up Fox? good

I'm looking for a con/heist drama, like Kusoragi (J-Drama), Liar Game (J) ore Leverage(US).

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 2nd, '11, 23:38

Oh yeah, What's Up, Fox. The couples are so refreshing there. Such a funny series.

Mitsubachiii

Post by Mitsubachiii » May 6th, '11, 22:09

esmer86 wrote:I just brought another hard drive so this means I could go back on my "must watch Kdrama frenzy" again so I was wondering is there any dramas out there like "That Fool." What I am looking for is a drama where the lead guy who gets the girl is just your average good looking man. Not you Idol's/hearttrobs oppa's but a realistic kinda guy. Dont get me wrong, whats wrong with seeing good looking guys but sometimes I just want a breather from the hotness. :D Any suggestions?
Well, I don't think I've seen many Kdramas with lead guys that didn't look good. But when I hear "That Fool" I think of Fantasy Couple/Couple or Trouble. I think the main guy is pretty average? Or if you just want to take a step back from all the idol-stuff you might want to watch City Hall, if you haven't already. Oh, and of course 101st Proposal. He is definitely not a idol-like guy. *haha*
Beethoven Virus is also not really the idol-type that's the lead character. But I don't think the story is based on romantic elements...
I'm looking for a con/heist drama, like Kusoragi (J-Drama), Liar Game (J) ore Leverage(US).
The only KDrama I could think of was The Devil... It doesn't give off the same feeling as Liar Game and Kurosagi, but it's also...dark-ish and somehow about tricking someone into something.

I hope my random suggestions helped. XD

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 6th, '11, 23:15

Fantasy Couple indeed. Oh Ji Ho is smokin' hot and all, but the character is your average handyman with a crappy house (on an awesome location) and 3 nephews which he's raising by himself.
And City Hall is a very good series, but the leading guy is filthy rich and fancy and all, so I didn't think about it. But it's Cha Seung Won so it's not exactly a pretty idol boy. Far from it, Cha ahjusshi! :lol

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 7th, '11, 00:37

Fantasy Couple: saw and liked. Ji Ho was a major plus but for some reason I didnt like "Anna". I like Han Ye Seul but I just kept on wanting to slap her character. :goggle:
LOVED CITY HALL!!!!! what can i say....Cha Seung Won....yep, I think its that ahjusshi's voice that gives me goosebumps :wub:

Beethoven Virus didnt do much for me, even if JGS was "normal" in that drama. :|

I think I will give What's Up, Fox a watch. Actually I've been seeing pictures from that drama but never got around to actually getting it. :nuts:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 7th, '11, 01:33

It's a bit slow at times and it doesn't always hit the mark but the second couple is so epic (even more than the main couple) that it's worth it. Good laugh and such a cute and realistic story.
Also, Son Hyun Joo rocks. I've seen him in two series, loved him in both. He's a delight to watch. He's an average ahjusshi, but a very good actor and he makes his characters SO endearing!

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 10th, '11, 05:45

I've asked this question already, but i have to ask again, because nobody answered.
I'm looking for (good) historical dramas with happy end (in all the historical dramas I've watched so far, except in Sungkyunkwan Scandal, at least half of the maincast dies and i don't like it^^ ).

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 10th, '11, 08:08

Hwang Jini, Yi San, Painter of The Wind... would name more, but, you know, people die sometimes, in good drama too.

thon

Post by thon » May 10th, '11, 08:46

I'm looking for (good) historical dramas with happy end
Tamra, Dae Jang Geum,Dong YI

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 11th, '11, 09:01

Ethlenn wrote:Hwang Jini, Yi San, Painter of The Wind... would name more, but, you know, people die sometimes, in good drama too.
I know that a goo drama doesn't equal a happy end. I just don't like to watch 30 episodes of a drama and then see the maincharacters die. Mainly because I think, thats a very cheap method to create a "sadness"-effect.

Chillboy

Post by Chillboy » May 11th, '11, 13:43

hello. could you recommend me a korean drama which has a SERIOUS love triangle. what i mean serious is there is always a fight between the two male lead characters or the two lead female characters. i also want a drama wherein the lead male keep ignoring the girl at first and slowly he began falling in love to the girl. sample below that i have watched are:

1. Que sera sera
2. My name is kim sam soon
3. only you
4. full house
5. My girl

of the dramas i mentioned, the boy is not in love with the girl but as time goes by he realized that he is starting to fall in love to the girl. Also there is a serious love triangle. could you recommend me some dramas with has the same story i mentioned? thanks so much
[/b]

darerisk

Rich Girl Poor Guy

Post by darerisk » May 11th, '11, 13:48

hi, i have been watching a lot of drama with a super rich man falling in love with poor girl. so i am wondering and also interested to know that is there any drama with Rich girl falling in love with poor guy.

xploring

Post by xploring » May 11th, '11, 14:26

Fantasy Couple

Phalen62

Post by Phalen62 » May 11th, '11, 15:27

Mr. Duke

Silverman

Re: Rich Girl Poor Guy

Post by Silverman » May 11th, '11, 20:33

darerisk wrote:hi, i have been watching a lot of drama with a super rich man falling in love with poor girl. so i am wondering and also interested to know that is there any drama with Rich girl falling in love with poor guy.
Take care of the young lady
That Fool (well she is a kinda rich celebrity and he is a postoffice-employe)
Why did you come to our House
Witch Yoo Hee
The Birth of the Rich
Prosecutor Princess (well, the guy is also loaded, but the girl is wealthy)
Chillboy wrote:hello. could you recommend me a korean drama which has a SERIOUS love triangle. what i mean serious is there is always a fight between the two male lead characters or the two lead female characters. i also want a drama wherein the lead male keep ignoring the girl at first and slowly he began falling in love to the girl. sample below that i have watched are:

1. Que sera sera
2. My name is kim sam soon
3. only you
4. full house
5. My girl

of the dramas i mentioned, the boy is not in love with the girl but as time goes by he realized that he is starting to fall in love to the girl. Also there is a serious love triangle. could you recommend me some dramas with has the same story i mentioned? thanks so much
Now you described 80-90% of romantic dramas. I still don't know how you define "serious love triangle". At which point is it serious? Because there is almost in every drama a conflict between the leads of the same gender.
But here are some dramas with guys/girls in which one of the leads isn't a whimp, who goes down without a fight for love (you know what i mean. These guys who are supernice and at the first sign, that the girl might like someone else, instanly say: "well you love him more, you have my blessing").

Cinderella Man
Get Karl (well the guy loves the girl, after a betrayal hates her, then loves her again)
King of Baking (the second leadcouple fits the description. The guy wants the girl at first, mainly because he hates the malelead)
The Birth of the Rich

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » May 17th, '11, 18:50

hi guys i need some recommendation romcom drama plss,
since i have 1 month semester break :P
any new drama? i just fnsh Dream High and My Princess these drama really great especially Dream High!!! hahaha

btw i have watched :

Boys over flower, coffee prince, Full House, My girl, Oh my lady, Mary Stayed out all night, My Girlfriend is Gumiho, Personal Taste, Secret Garden, Shining Inheritance, You Are Beautiful, Dream high n My princess.

plss recommend me some new romcom drama, thx :D

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 17th, '11, 19:07

Haruka91 wrote:hi guys i need some recommendation romcom drama plss,
any new drama? i just fnsh Dream High and My Princess these drama really great especially Dream High!!! hahaha

btw i have watched :

Boys over flower, coffee prince, Full House, My girl, Oh my lady, Mary Stayed out all night, My Girlfriend is Gumiho, Personal Taste, Secret Garden, Shining Inheritance, You Are Beautiful, Dream high n My princess.

try Prosecutor Princess :D

Lucko

Post by Lucko » May 17th, '11, 19:51

btw i have watched :

Dal Ja's Spring, Take Care of the Young Lady,Soulmate, Fantasy Couple... <33

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 19th, '11, 18:28

btw i have watched :

49 Days (corny,one of these dramas, which are, if you evaluate them objectivly, not so great, but on the other hand very addictive. Except for the ending, i liked every episode.)
That Fool
Personal Taste (some people like it, some dont)
Sungkyunkwan Scandal (the modernday romcom-formula in a historical setting. Very good, even if you dont like perioddramas)

butterfly swimmer

Post by butterfly swimmer » May 20th, '11, 00:35

Hai! Could you recommend me some school comedies without much romance in it, something like My Boss My Hero? :)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 21st, '11, 12:02

butterfly swimmer wrote:Hai! Could you recommend me some school comedies without much romance in it, something like My Boss My Hero? :)
I don't think that you'll find a lot of Kdramas with (high)schoolsetting, much less without much romance. I admitt that i don't have much expirience in this genre, so it can be that there are a lot more dramas with highschoolsettings, but the only kdramas i know are:
Dream High
God of Study
Sang Doo, Let's go to school
I dont know how much romance is there or how good they are, because i haven't watched them, but at least these are schooldramas.

White Reflection

Post by White Reflection » May 26th, '11, 04:19

I like new Drama:

1- Baby-faced Beauty
2- Queen of Reversals
3- Gloria
4- Midas
5- 49 Days
6- Secret Garden
7- Call of the Country
8- Dong Yi
9- A Man Called God
10- Stars Falling From the Sky
11- Oh! My Lady
12- Coffee House
13- I Am Legend
14- Dr. Champ
15- Will it Snow at Christmas?
16- Prosecutor Princess
17- 49 Days
18- The Greatest Love

^^

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 30th, '11, 08:26

I',m looking for "crossdressing"-dramas, like Coffee Prince, S.Scandal, You're beautiful, Secret Garden (well not really crossdressing, but its ok), Love on first Fight(is HK, but its just an example). Exist more kdramas, beside the ones i listed?

Are there some comedy-period-dramas, like Hong Gil Dong or Iljamae(well not realy 100% comedy, but they have a lot of comedyelements)?

Ardillita

Post by Ardillita » May 30th, '11, 10:12

Dream High was really great drama! I enjoyed it a lot~
OB&GYN doctors drama was perfect too.It's a medical drama,but also very funny.
Bad Guy - great drama. Sand and melancoly. I love it.

chikha

Post by chikha » May 31st, '11, 09:27

Can you give me recommendations on which should I watch first, The Man Who Can't Get Married or Sungkyunkwan Scandal? Id like to watch romance comedy this time :D

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 31st, '11, 18:30

both are very good. If you like younger idols, then go with S. scandal.

chikha

Post by chikha » Jun 1st, '11, 04:43

I am donwloading S-SCandal. Do you know where can I download The man who can't get married through megaupload?

SouthsideIrish

Post by SouthsideIrish » Jun 3rd, '11, 13:06

chikha wrote:I am donwloading S-SCandal. Do you know where can I download The man who can't get married through megaupload?
I get all my drama's from am-addiction MU for old dramas, MU and FS for new ones.

makellen

Post by makellen » Jun 4th, '11, 09:18

Silverman wrote:I',m looking for "crossdressing"-dramas, like Coffee Prince, S.Scandal, You're beautiful, Secret Garden (well not really crossdressing, but its ok), Love on first Fight(is HK, but its just an example). Exist more kdramas, beside the ones i listed?
The only one I can think of that you haven't listed is Painter of the Wind. I liked it though the romance element is not as strong as in some of the others you listed.

@Neliets: my brother also likes sad/dramatic romance/revenge plots. Some of the ones he's enjoyed include Cain and Abel, East of Eden, The Slingshot, and Green Rose (a very early one we watched, not sure if it'd hold up today). Also Emperor of the Sea/Sea God but it's one of those long historical dramas you probably wouldn't watch. A long time ago he thought Autumn Tale was tops in sadness. Maybe if you haven't watched something in that list you will like it.

Myself, I prefer happier romantic comedies even if they are often mindless fluff. :) I think I've pretty much exhausted most of the ones that have been recommended here though so I would like to try another genre (in between waiting for episodes of The Greatest Love and Lie to Me).

My requirements are simple:
1) less than 24 episodes
2) drama is okay, but not too much angst, prefer happy ending if possible
3) kept you interested enough that you "had to see what happened next"
4) not a romantic comedy

So if you have a favorite tell me about it! I've watched Gourmet, IRIS, and Sign recently and liked them, though the endings were not as happy as I might have liked.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 4th, '11, 10:12

I guess you could try 49 days, Athena : The goddess of war(basically Iris 2), Bad Guy. Those are only few.
And thanks for suggestions.

makellen

Post by makellen » Jun 4th, '11, 23:43

Thanks for the suggestions. :) I did really like 49 Days though the ending was a bit out of the blue. I'll give Athena and Bad Guy a shot, since I'm giving the romcoms a break now.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 5th, '11, 09:09

Thornbirds was ok.

nikacit

MY FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS

Post by nikacit » Jun 7th, '11, 12:33

rom-com

LOVE & MARRIAGE
MY LOVELY SAM SOON
PROSECUTOR PRINCESS
FULL HOUSE
GET KARL! OH SOO JUNG
My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
What's Up Fox?
Witch Yoo Hee

MELODRAMA

I'm Sorry, I Love You
Que Sera Sera
Winter Sonata

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Jun 8th, '11, 13:59

Please give me k-drama recommendations based on my thoughts on j-dramas. I have no restrictions with genres but by all means recommend b.c. the drama is actually good and not only because it is __ genre. i like when stuff isn't slow-paced as hell and i don't like it when the ahmjumma/20something year old female lead bitches/complains about stuff endlessly.

my reviews:
http://choronghi.wordpress.com/2010/12/ ... s-part-ii/
http://choronghi.wordpress.com/2009/07/ ... ma-review/

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 8th, '11, 18:08

One question. How do you define bitchy female lead. Because in the most of fictional work(be it books, movies or dramas) with female leadcharacters,at some point of the story they are bitchy, well at least in fiction, which revolve around human relationships. With this conclusion you can exclude almost 100% of romcoms/romance-dramas. Then you don't like melodramas. So we can exclude that.
The genres which remain are: sports, medical, crime/mystery, action, period. While there are a lot historical dramas, which are good, but a lot of them also are kinda draggy, mostly due the fact, that they have too many episodes(30-100+).
So have to define what is too bitchy, draggy or melodramatic for your taste. I personaly don't mind a little bitching^^.
You can try
Sign
Iris + Athena
They are good without too much melodrama, bitching.

maudl

KDramas like War of Money and A Man's Story?

Post by maudl » Jun 9th, '11, 23:46

I enjoyed very much the dramas War of Money and The Slingshot/A Man's Story. Could you kindly recommend me some similar kdramas, clever and fast-paced, and that focus more on making money/taking revenge than on romance? Thank you in advance!

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jun 10th, '11, 05:25

This is an old topic, but I would recommend All In, Time of Dog and wolf, and resurrection / revenge. They're all action, mystery, psychological type. Pretty good acting too.

Check out my site for more recommendations by clicking on image below for link

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Jun 11th, '11, 01:35

Silverman wrote:One question. How do you define bitchy female lead. Because in the most of fictional work(be it books, movies or dramas) with female leadcharacters,at some point of the story they are bitchy, well at least in fiction, which revolve around human relationships. With this conclusion you can exclude almost 100% of romcoms/romance-dramas. Then you don't like melodramas. So we can exclude that.
The genres which remain are: sports, medical, crime/mystery, action, period. While there are a lot historical dramas, which are good, but a lot of them also are kinda draggy, mostly due the fact, that they have too many episodes(30-100+).
So have to define what is too bitchy, draggy or melodramatic for your taste. I personaly don't mind a little bitching^^.
I guess less bitching than usual? lol. I dont know. Like the girl in boys over flowers was annoying. and I have no interest in historical dramas. I just don't like melodrama just b.c. it's embarrassing to watch. thx for the recommend.

gasmaskbandit

[Specific Genre] RECOMMENDED Dramas?

Post by gasmaskbandit » Jun 13th, '11, 20:43

Hi there! I've been to the "Recommended Drama" thread, but most of those are very generic, and not genre specific, so I was wondering you if you guys could help me!

I'm looking for a drama with a Dangerous and/or really passionate love/lust! Where if they get caught, they are in trouble, or where the guy is really bad/mischievous/etc.

Don't say Devil Beside You. SEEN IT. LOVED IT. Haha.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 14th, '11, 00:18

A Love to Kill kdrama.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 15th, '11, 13:01

Can anyone recommend romantic dramas with "normal" people. What i mean is not 20 yo idols, but more mature adults. Also it should be a drama, in which the female lead doesn't constantly **** about her age of 30 (ohh im so old and i will never marry "insertrandombitchin"). I don't know how it is in Korea, but in my country 30 counts as young, not very young, but young. Star's Lover, City Hall, Greatest Love (ok there are idols her, but not only them), Last Scandal are the kind of dramas, which i have in mind (ok these are all romcoms, but my focus is on the couples).

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 15th, '11, 18:28

Hmm, Common Single comes in mind, but as a warning, don't know if there are any subs for it. But you pretty much mentioned the best out there. There is also Lovers or Goodbye Solo. Oh yes, I'm biased.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 15th, '11, 18:57

Thanks, these are all dramas, which i never watched.

colradoski2

Post by colradoski2 » Jun 16th, '11, 00:34

My favorite dramas are ones that are 1) either mostly funny/romantic with lots of comedy, or 2) more mature and heart warming. For instance my favorites are:

Alone in Love
Worlds Within us
Spring Waltz
Dream High
Who Are You
Coffee Prince
Coffee House
etc.

Any suggestions for my next drama?

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 16th, '11, 03:55

colradoski2 wrote:My favorite dramas are ones that are 1) either mostly funny/romantic with lots of comedy, or 2) more mature and heart warming. For instance my favorites are:

Any suggestions for my next drama?
Queen of Reversals ? or maybe Prosecutor princess ? :whistling: :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 16th, '11, 06:53

Phoenix is also mature and quite nice.
Almost all family dramas are heartwarming: Life is Beautiful, Smile, Mom, etc.

colradoski2

Post by colradoski2 » Jun 17th, '11, 04:43

I'm actually downloading Prosecutor Princess right now :) and i've heard good things about Queen of Reversals but was hesitant about the length. If it's worth it though I want to give it a try. I'll look up Phoenix too.

Thanks!

Chrissytd

K-Drama Suggestions

Post by Chrissytd » Jun 21st, '11, 02:49

Hi! I decided to branch off into something new after watching American TV shows for past 16 years. I recently started watching my first K-Drama, which is Boys Over Flowers. When I'm done with that, I'm plan to watch Playful Kiss, You're Beautiful, Princess Hours, Secret Garden, 49 Days, and Dream High. Based on this, what are some other K-Dramas that I might like?

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Jun 21st, '11, 03:34

You clearly like Rom-Com genre. Search for that recommendation in here : http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_85621.htm

Silverman

Re: K-Drama Suggestions

Post by Silverman » Jun 21st, '11, 14:20

Chrissytd wrote:Hi! I decided to branch off into something new after watching American TV shows for past 16 years. I recently started watching my first K-Drama, which is Boys Over Flowers. When I'm done with that, I'm plan to watch Playful Kiss, You're Beautiful, Princess Hours, Secret Garden, 49 Days, and Dream High. Based on this, what are some other K-Dramas that I might like?
You might want to start with Secret Garden, You're Beautiful, Coffee Prince, That Fool, Oh My Lady!, Personal Taste, The Greatest Love or Lie to Me.
Dream High, Goong(Princess Hours) and Playful Kiss are more or less mediocre.
The link, which iLLusiOnEr posted is also very useful, but it doesn't contain all the good romcoms. There are a lot more more, which a worth to be watched. But if you watch all these dramas, which are listed, then you are occupied for a few months/weeks (i don't know how much time you spend for dramas^^)

manopatano

Post by manopatano » Jun 25th, '11, 19:46

Boys over flowers and ity hunter are the best K dramas.. personal taste is well made love and business story.
Iris and athena might be among the best ever intelligence dramas of world..
now i wanna watch some really funny recent K dramas.. any suggestions..

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 25th, '11, 19:53

Nooooo!! Don't watch BOF! Never! Ever!!

Really funny? - Greatest Love - hilarious, brainless but so so cute!!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 25th, '11, 20:34

I don't think there has been another drama after BOF to compare with but if you liked BOF then Marry me Mary.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 25th, '11, 21:26

Something like BOF? Marry me Mary , Full crap ,I mean Full house, My princess, Hello miss ( or everything with lea dae hae will do it , Playfull kiss !
Decent ones :City Hall , Prosecutor princess,Pasta, Thank you , Greatest love,Coffee prince ,Partner...
Last edited by Sham26 on Jun 26th, '11, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 25th, '11, 23:36

I agree full house was pretty good but for more recent drama check out Oh My Lady! that drama had some funny parts too.

renxozuken

Post by renxozuken » Jun 26th, '11, 11:26

can someone suggest me something that is funny, comedy.. i need a good laugh..
it can be right stupid, funny, bull ****, just something that makes you laugh.

please suggest. :)
thanks.

blackpinkblack

Post by blackpinkblack » Jun 26th, '11, 11:48

renxozuken wrote:can someone suggest me something that is funny, comedy.. i need a good laugh..

thanks.
I recommend Greatest Love. There are really scenes that made me laugh so hard. Lie To Me is also funny. :)

renxozuken

Post by renxozuken » Jun 26th, '11, 12:55

blackpinkblack wrote:
renxozuken wrote:can someone suggest me something that is funny, comedy.. i need a good laugh..

thanks.
I recommend Greatest Love. There are really scenes that made me laugh so hard. Lie To Me is also funny. :)
ThaNKS. :cheers:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 26th, '11, 20:04

Ive never said I liked Full house ! it was something that many ppl liked still dunno why ! and yeah I don't like Rain ( sue me for this if you want keke )

thanks.
City Hall ? Harvest Villa ?Last scandal ?My girlfriend is a gumiho? Pasta ?Greatest love ...

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Jun 26th, '11, 21:02

Ethlenn wrote:Nooooo!! Don't watch BOF! Never! Ever!!
I love you. <3

manopatano

Post by manopatano » Jun 28th, '11, 00:35

i love BOF.. a must watch,...

manopatano

Post by manopatano » Jun 28th, '11, 00:45

any drama with really good ost... one song from delightful girl is amazing.. it has even been plagiarized in Bharat. i love dramas with amazing ost... the main reason i liked BOF... he ost of city hunter is not that impressive so far..
besides .. any recent really good k drama .. no matter what genre .. just should not be more than six months old... tired of watching old dramas..
cant find eng subs for greatest love...
watching an old drama these days .. delightful girl ... seen 4 eps... good one.. hope it gets better in remaining eps.. also watching city hunter.. episode by episode ...
also watching a few english dramas .. also watching boss 2 and control from Japan..
And finally also watching a few Pakistani dramas... Pakistani ones are extremely serious so i want to see some hilarious foreign dramas... Have a nice day....

gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Jun 28th, '11, 08:53

medical- surgeon bong dal hee recommended

Yul

Post by Yul » Jul 1st, '11, 16:30

manopatano wrote:any drama with really good ost... one song from delightful girl is amazing.. it has even been plagiarized in Bharat. i love dramas with amazing ost... the main reason i liked BOF... he ost of city hunter is not that impressive so far..
besides .. any recent really good k drama .. no matter what genre .. just should not be more than six months old... tired of watching old dramas..
cant find eng subs for greatest love...
watching an old drama these days .. delightful girl ... seen 4 eps... good one.. hope it gets better in remaining eps.. also watching city hunter.. episode by episode ...
also watching a few english dramas .. also watching boss 2 and control from Japan..
And finally also watching a few Pakistani dramas... Pakistani ones are extremely serious so i want to see some hilarious foreign dramas... Have a nice day....
I just finished "Lie to me" great OST, funny and romantic drama.

City hunter............am addict to it...can't see why you don't liked it.....OST 4 "Suddenly" also "So goodbye" by SHINee Jonghyun are so0o0o0o0o0o0o0 good.............am so into this drama those days.

Other new drama that I finished and liked
- 49 days
- My princess

Drama still airing
- Baby-face beauty
- Can you hear my heart

manopatano

Post by manopatano » Jul 3rd, '11, 00:23

@ Yul ... u must understand Korean language.. I don't ... so music and melody of the song is what attracts me .. lyrics.. hardly care for them if the song is not in Urdu..
I would definitely watch lie to me after completing delightful girl...
My princess has been recommended b many pl so i shall watch it..
have seen personal taste , was good
there is a song from BOF that i love so much.. its by ss501.. amazing tune and music...

Snufkin8

Post by Snufkin8 » Jul 4th, '11, 15:46

I like dramas where girls are acting/pretending to be boys or tomboyish. I guess I'm just wierd like that.
I have already seen Coffee Prince (Awsome) and You're Beautiful (Pretty funny :D )
Does anyone know any more dramas with these themes? :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 4th, '11, 16:00

Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Painter of The Wind - period drama though :wub:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 5th, '11, 10:10

There aren't many kdramas with crossdressing. The onl ones i know, were mentioned (Painter in the Wind, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, You're Beautiful and Coffee Prince). The last one, which is more or less cd is Secret Garden, but its a bodyswitch-drama and the female lead is tomboyish. I don't know if you watch chinese ore tw-dramas, but there are a few, which fit your taste.
My Bratty Princess (perioddrama, i liked it)
Diao Man Qiao Yu Yi (is a spinoff of Bratty Princess with the same femalelead)
Love at first fight (it's a ~1930-setting, it's watcheble, but imho just for die-hard-cd-fans)
Almost everything with Ella, because she is the tomboyish kind (fe: Hana Kimi, Down with Love, Reaching for the Stars and a few more)
Hana Kimi (cd-drama. There are japanese and tw versions of this drama and the korean version will be produced)