J-Drama Blog Review Sites Recommendations

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
OhSnap

J-Drama Blog Review Sites Recommendations

Post by OhSnap » Mar 12th, '11, 18:06

Does anyone know of any updated blogs for Japanese dramas? There's a ton for Korean dramas like Dramabeans.com but I have yet to find any for Japanese sites that's updated frequently. Alot of the best ones stopped reviewing dramas after 2005 or so. It'd be nice to find something that keeps up to date with the incoming dramas and reading reviews of them. Hope some people can make some recommendations. Thanks!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 12th, '11, 18:17

Try jdorama.com, crunchyroll.com, chinkysmovies blogspot, dazzlingmeteor blgspot

dokaben

Post by dokaben » Mar 12th, '11, 18:19

I enjoy Akiramike's blog: http://hamsapsukebe.blogspot.com

He updates regularly and puts a lot of thought into his posts. I've found some great dramas through his site. (Keep at it, Mike!)

OhSnap

Post by OhSnap » Mar 13th, '11, 01:02

Thanks for Chinkysmovies. I'll try it. I read AkiraMikes. It's alright. I find he only dealves into certain niche ones tho that are either only mystery or suspense. Not so much into those kinds of dramas as much. Thanks you guys. Hope there's some other sites that review other Japanese dramas. :)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 13th, '11, 01:54

BTW, try doing a Google search for blogspot Japanese drama reviews. You will see more.

OhSnap

Post by OhSnap » Mar 15th, '11, 22:50

Thanks Iluvasiandrama! I'll try that. Ive done that before but I wanted to hopefully some recommended ones :) Thanks tho I appreciate it.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Mar 15th, '11, 23:13

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Mar 16th, '11, 01:53

i've never found an equivalent of dramabeans' site summaries only for Japanese dramas, i wished there were more J dramas sites like that, i'll keep coming to this post to see the recommendations as well. Thanks

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Mar 22nd, '11, 14:33

You can try this: http://endersgirrrl.wordpress.com/ but she often reviews old dramas (especially Kimura Takuya's).

ligiahag7902

Post by ligiahag7902 » Apr 9th, '11, 01:23

dokaben wrote:I enjoy Akiramike's blog: http://hamsapsukebe.blogspot.com

He updates regularly and puts a lot of thought into his posts. I've found some great dramas through his site. (Keep at it, Mike!)
Such a very amazing link!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Apr 9th, '11, 02:33

I am reading through the reviews on the main page and they are so insightful. The review on Taisetsu na Koto reviews had many good thoughts written in there... I couldn't stop reading. I couldn't finish the review of Nagareboshi because the dialogue (script style) was so hilarious but again insightful and well written. :O

I don't agree with all of them but that's not the point. I like reading reviews that are well written and thought out. Definitely bookmarked this site for reviews. I just hope that the author keeps the reviews up to date. :-)

Mitsubachiii

Post by Mitsubachiii » May 6th, '11, 18:59

We don't really do only J-dramas, but I try to keep it balanced. The only thing is: my dramablog is in german D: Drama Blog von Honey und Yummy

Beside that I write something to every drama I watched since I have mydramalist. So you can try and read my Watchlog here. I'd actually be happy to talk a little bit about the dramas I've watched. *haha* Some of my reviews are full of bias, but I try to write everything down that I tought while watching the show... And even though this post looks like so much advertisment, I hope it won't be considered like that. Because I'm trying really hard with my german-drama-blog and... My watchlog shouldn't be that bad as well ;D

And aside from that, I always read this blog: Jdrama Weblog

JaJe

Post by JaJe » May 26th, '11, 18:50

There´s a new blogger too :
cypsis.blogspot.com - she just started I guess, because she doesn´t have many posts, but atleast something.

thoughtsramble

Post by thoughtsramble » Aug 2nd, '11, 10:11

thoughtsramble.livejournal.com

A drama recap and review blog mainly on asian dramas from Taiwan, Japan and Korea...

I've started out for some time already, so hopefully there will be something that you guys will find interesting![/url]

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Dec 4th, '11, 16:48

I found tihs blog recently from google some how. I think I might similar taste as him so i recommend this blog too!

hachimitsu3535

Post by hachimitsu3535 » Apr 10th, '13, 08:20

try jdramareviews.tumblr.com :)