Global Moderator

I Need Romance (tvN, 2011 & 2012)

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 2nd, '11, 22:09

Season 1:

Title: 로맨스가 필요해 / Romaenseuga Piryohae
Genre: Romance, comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: tvN
Broadcast period: 2011-Jun-13 to 2011-Aug-??
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 23:00

Official Website

Plot:
The story of the love lives, marriage, careers and families of single and independent careerwomen in their 30s.

Cast:
Jo Yeo Jung as Sun Woo In Young
Kim Jung Hoon as Kim Sung Soo
Choi Yeo Jin as Park Seo Yeon
Choi Song Hyun as Kang Hyun Joo
Choi Jin Hyuk as Bae Sung Hyun
Ha Yun Joo as Yoon Kang Hee
Lee Gwan Hoon as Seo Jun-i
Kim Hyeong Min as rent-a-man

Subbed by:
DSC - registration required

Subtitles folder:
Check that page often
I got a green light on this, subtitles are made and shared by CJ E&M, and also other users (DramaFever) around so all credits go to them.

OK, I think everyone knows I'm not a big fan of Kim Jeonghun ever since Goong (no wonder, I was Shin Gun's team), although in Cafe Seoul he was nice, but this drama up to 6th episode keeps me entertained and wanting more.
This is why I'm opening new thread for discussion.

--------------------

Season 2:

Cast:
Lee Jinwook, Jung Yumi, Kim Jiseok, Jin I-han. Kim Jiwu, Kang Yesol, Kim Sinah,
Release Date: June, 2012 --
Runtime: Wed. & Thurs. 23:00
"I Need Romance 2" takes over the tvN Wed. & Thurs. 23:00 time slot previously occupied by "Queen In-Hyun's Man".
Last edited by Ethlenn on May 2nd, '12, 18:57, edited 12 times in total.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 2nd, '11, 22:33

Is it like "The woman who still wants to marry" ? If so I ll skip this !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 2nd, '11, 23:52

For me it's better, cause I skipped Woman Who...

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 3rd, '11, 06:07

I did watch the first 3 episodes so fastly I could watch more but there's no sub available and I must say I wasnt expecting it to be that good , I mean the poster and the synopsis remind me of that waste-of-time drama ! Im glad I did ask !
Anyways , there are many things I like so far , first of all the OST , a mixture from everywhere ! Second the narration so interresting , then the dicscussions without taboos and finally the very captivating characters ! BTW I liked Choi Jin Hyuk with his short hair in pasta than here !
Its light and refreching drama , I hope it keeps that way or gets better and subs will be available !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 3rd, '11, 11:32

Choi Jin Hyuk character here is so... so... aww...

As you mentioned - the narration is great, it's like reading Jana's live stream on a drama, keke.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 3rd, '11, 11:55

Aww the cutie from Gong...LOL I intended to give this a try when it got announced but forgot all about it. Is it being subbed?

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 4th, '11, 21:53

You'll hate that cutie but the woman is in fault too I mean she dosnt take action !
but I do love all the men :wub: !
This drama reaally really deserves more love ! I was on soompi and it has just 11 pages but "the stupid" has 50!!!WTH
Anyway what I wanted to say is that in the official thrad on soompi someone 's sharing the subs , something CJ E&M , I dont really know what does it mean , maybe a kind person who decides to make ppl happy , dunno !
So Ill share THE PAGE!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 4th, '11, 22:19

Well, I hated Kim Seongsu too, but then came to terms with his place. He's been in relationship with a woman for 10 years. They both lost the flair, there is no love now, but sense of obligation, and feeling comfy with each other. It's not his fault he's shaken by some young, albeit stupid, girl.
In Young, on the other hand, represents what an average woman in her 30s looks for in a relationship - stabilisation. Boredom? Nah, we call that safety. Lack of erotic passion? We call it "mental bond". And the situation in first episode with him touching her breasts was like an epiphany to her. She didn't feel any passion, anything. It's not that easy task to break up with someone you've been with for 10 years, who is almost a "second you" by now, this is maybe the lack of her decisiveness.
But her imagination makes up for that, mehehehe...

Sung Hyun on the other hand, he's well... damn hawt!! :wub:

And Sham, darling, I can't somehow access the page...
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jul 6th, '11, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 4th, '11, 22:32

Oh I dont know why it doesnt work for you
http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/3650 ... e__st__180 the fourth comment from the bottom of page 10 !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 4th, '11, 22:35

Doesn't work...

After all, I'm not that obsessed when I watch it first RAW and then twice with subs, no?
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jul 17th, '11, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 5th, '11, 09:19

Haha !Mais je vous en prie !

Choi Jin Hyuk gonna be more more than hot in the next episodes I think (hope) and when he said that he miisses her , I fainted
However , he'snt the only one I like , I find that replacement man very charming ,the photgrapher too !Can't I have them all ? please! It's the first time ( I guess) I see the them , I looked for their names in the cast but can't find anything :'( !years of addiction and still I don't know the half of k-actors ! what a shame :cry:

Oh no , you're not obsessed ! it's completely "normal" :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 5th, '11, 11:39

Mon français est oublié...

The replacement man... I was in such a shock when Hyun Joo called for him for her wedding... damn, this quiet woman has balls!

And I'm completely enamored by Sung Hyun, oh damn, damn damn!! :wub:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 5th, '11, 19:17

Yeah, I'm so glad I started watching this series. It's lovely thus far. Finally a kdrama for women and not for girls. I loved the first couple of episodes and I'm delighted to see there's a viki team subbing it. They're not as quick as usually on viki but up to ep 6. Too bad no softsubs available there.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 6th, '11, 00:10

I shouldn't have... I shouldn't have... oh damn, give me Sung Hyun any given time. Take the rest!

Although the rest is also nice, ekhem...

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 6th, '11, 02:45

I saw the pictures ...I can't wait more : ( !
Last edited by Sham26 on Aug 3rd, '11, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 6th, '11, 03:32

Good thing there was a thread for this, or I wouldn't have found the subs for this. Back when I heard about this, I was pretty sure no one would sub a cable drama, but I'm happy I was wrong.
I'm glad to see Kim Jung Hoon again, I felt so sorry for hating him in Goong. Might be back to comment when I've actually watched some.

Tai

Post by Tai » Jul 6th, '11, 03:55

Looking for a good RC. One that has good lines and is humorous. Some RC's are not much on comedy and hoping that this has something going on.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 6th, '11, 10:16

Please refer to the link I posted in the first post here, inside this thread for future subs, finally I got the reply. No posting of other subs without the creator consent. If anyone got the green light, or the subs are made public - that's fine.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 6th, '11, 12:03

I was thinking to try this thanks to your comments. I liked Kim Jung Hoon at Goong because I liked his character. In the other hand, he had really uninteresting character at Witch Yoo Hee (one of the worst series btw) making me not want to see his face again... But I hope it was at least partially due bad character writing (as Kim Jae Wook and MMM).

Lets see, two first episodes downloaded. ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 6th, '11, 14:17

OK, I will rant a bit - Kim Seongsu - you rotten bastard!! Not only he cheated on her during this 10 years period, and now, instead of admitting - yes, I'm in a relationship with 23 yo actress, he uses all arguments to make himself feel better. I could understand his behavior, he was shaken and confused, fine, he felt secured with In Young, but he felt attracted to the actress, fine. But make up your mind, you dumbass!!

In Young should stick to her primal instincts - they were right all along. And her inner feelings that something's wrong between them just came true and left her in a state of a jelly fish. Damn you woman, such a fine man is close by, but you are stuck in a circle of hate-emotions-obligations-10 years- piece of crap! I know it's hard to break up cleanly and without much fuss after such a long time, but dammit!

Seoyeon I love, the promiscuous lady who had 5 minutes of chastity, such a cool character! Also, Hyeonju - can understand her perfectly, and she's the most unpredictable from all those 3 great ladies. Although each and every one of them has such unique and distinctive personality.

And Seonghyun needs to be more posessive. Just a bit, just a tiny bit more. I love the man, but he should punch either Alex or Seongsu in the face. But at least his intentions are all clear.
So we will witness in the ep 9 Seongsu accusing In Young that she's doing that all for money? Oh man, it's just so low of you, oh damn... To badmouth a woman who supported you for 10 freaking years just because she's happen to date CEO's son?She can't date others? Oh, that is just so like you - twisting the reality. I hope he will get such a beating, and they will never, ever go back together.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 6th, '11, 16:43

Ethlenn wrote:Please refer to the link I posted in the first post here, inside this thread for future subs, finally I got the reply. No posting of other subs without the creator consent. If anyone got the green light, or the subs are made public - that's fine.
Oh I'm sorry I did post something without anyone's permission but I'm happy you got the green light ! yaaay! :salut:

I don't really accept any excuse for SS that's it , he cheated not once and he;'' do that again , that's his nature !so IY is one that has to make up her mind and give SH a chance rather than using him
HJ :wub: is the one that I like the mooost , just love love the charcter , back to the weding I thought about calling that Mr but I wasnt sure about her , and after that I thought that it's another "Marriage contract" ,glad it wasnt the case ! The revenge thing was sooooooo good ! I think I like the actress , I loved her in PP even if she was a rival !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 6th, '11, 18:35

Oh no, Sham, you did OK, nothing wrong with posting links to other websites.

I think of rewatching the whole 8 episodes now, oh damn, I think I'm addicted. To be honest, I'm even more addicted to this drama than to City Hunter by now.

Seongsu... well, there is no excuse for cheating, that's true, but since she forgave him and moved along, I just accepted her choice. But what he's doing now is just low and unacceptable. It somehow reminds me of QoR case, even after divorce he though of his ex-wife as his property. Is SS' butt that hurt? But I guess there are guys like him, wimpy wussies that like to feel safe under woman's shield but are unable to accept that sometimes, the shield starts to protect someone else.

Oh, and the first OST is out. Click on the pic^^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 7th, '11, 01:16

OMG ! Your Avatar Ethlenn ! :faint: And Thanks for the OST :wub:

Please please give me somthing to distract me from refreshing the page of subs ! :hissy:

EDIT: Finally got to watch ep7 with subs ! Replcement man :faint:
Why episodes end that fast !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 7th, '11, 13:16

Hahaha!!

OK, some NGs:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YaU2pBwjkm0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

And introductions:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fL72p5zN3yE" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PLCHXgaq2ys" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Msv2OSTbHZQ" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Here, you have something to get occupied with.... :lol

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 9th, '11, 04:44

I ADORED ep08 , it just makes me more and more addicted to this drama ! I need "I Need Romance".
-Nice hair cut , it really suits that photographer !
-Why they added this to my lovely replacement man ? To say nobody can be perfect ? still like him hihi !
-SH sure I like him ,he named their relationship an affair , thinking about that dosnt that make him like KH?
-IY' lines were soooo funny !

So now , I have to find my self a good occupation !

:alcoholic:
Thanks for the shares Ethlenn ! (what was CJH doing in the NG kissing ? haha so hillarious)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 9th, '11, 19:57

I'm catching up...thanks for the link to the subs dear!!
I love the style of this drama, the way they use the photos to capture moments, the light, the music, really lovely. Just the kind of drama you need after a long day or after breaking up a long-term relationship LOL

Gonna marathon through the rest tonight... I got gin and crisps...what a lovely night this will be :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 9th, '11, 23:36

Hmm... I wanted to rewatch all episode, but I guess I'm too drunk to do that.
This is by far one of the best dramas this season! :mrgreen:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 10th, '11, 13:20

Aww Ecchan, did I tell you already how much I'm in love with your new avatar?!?
Jessas, this drama is crowded with eyecandies!! I totally fell for Mr. Hotel but the photographer is also absolutely gorgeous ;) And I wouldn't mind some quality time with the replacement or Alex either ;)

Apart from that, I relly like the way they're portraying the doubts and conflicting feelings of the couple who broke up after such a long time. But I'm really afraid she'll take him back and I'll end up hating this drama ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 10th, '11, 16:57

It took me some time to decide which fragment I should make the avatar from, keke. But this was a good reason to watch eps again :wub:

The weird thing is, all characters in this drama are so normal, sometimes I'm like: "Oh yeah, I got a friend who did something like this!" etc.
I hope they won't be together at the end, I really do. It worked in Queen of Reversals, and there we had a divorce even, so maybe it will work here too :wub:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 10th, '11, 17:36

Hmm your word in the writer's ears! Yep I wanna see her and Mr Hotel get into some fights about him deceiving her for a whole year him giving her the cold shoulder and her finally realizing she's in love with him after all . . . :wub: Plus the ex realizing too late that he's getting exchanged for a better man...especially after he told her to betray him too in order to get even...and I wouldn't care at all if it ended up similar to QoR :mrgreen:

Keke and even more than that I wanna see the promiscuous girl fall hard for the photographer...I already love their chemistry - and his smirk :wub:

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jul 10th, '11, 17:53

This has got to be the most addicting drama for me right now. The characters are interesting and i love the ost. I really can't wait for new episodes!! I love/hate cheater boy but I think she's to blame to I mean he tells her he likes someone else and is also working with her every day but she doesn't expect anything to happen between them? Talk about hiding your head in the sand. On the other hand it's understandable that they don't want to break up and lose their 10 years best friend(I think that's what they don't want to lose is their friendship/bond) I do think it's way unreasonable of cheater boy to think it's ok for him to be with someone else, like he can't help it because he likes her, but he doesn't want her to date someone else and be able to have love and romance. unfair much? Seeing how I went on for so long I must care about this drama a bit too much which just goes to show how good it is since I rarely get so hyped up about a drama. I want to see promiscuous girl and photographer together. That would be fun to see.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 10th, '11, 22:31

Ethlenn wrote: I hope they won't be together at the end, I really do. It worked in Queen of Reversals, and there we had a divorce even, so maybe it will work here too :wub:
Frankly frankly , If it wasntt for PSH, I would like them to be together , they were married and they had a kid so I didnt actually hate Bong Jun Soo !But here, i would hate the writer if IY takes the cheater back !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 11th, '11, 00:22

Oh well, I never liked them as married couple, for her it was her biological clock, and for him - elevating his own status (so he thought). Even if there was no other man, I prefered her to stay single for the time being.

But the more I watch I Need Sex... Romance, the more I understand all motives. True, Seongsu cheated on her, so he is the most detestable. But I started to think about Kanghee, the young actress. Her only fault is that she fell in love with a guy. He probably never told her that he is in a relationship, and even if he did, he could lie (married guys also lie like this:"Oh my marriage is finished!", "We are divorcing!" etc.), so I can't blame her at all. Maybe her words in ep 07 convinced me to her point of view, she desperately said that she blames In Young only for the fact that she loved Seongsu first. It's really hard for her too, no matter how bitchy she can act sometimes.

Replacement man is just om nom nom... all of them are om nom nom...
I wonder what happened or will happen to Hyeonju former fiance. Wish he'd get some solid beating.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 11th, '11, 15:47

Piiics!!
Spoiler alert!
And...
<iframe title="VideoBam video player" type="text/html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="480" height="375" src="http://videobam.com/widget/XrFvx"></iframe>

And I cut the preview for Ep 10:
<iframe title="VideoBam video player" type="text/html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="480" height="439" src="http://videobam.com/widget/ZaMVt"></iframe>

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 14th, '11, 09:47

"Do you still have feelings for me? Are you regretting you lost me after it's happened? Why are you badmouthing Bae Sung-hyun?" "It's only because I'm worried! You had a hard enough of a time by dating someone like me so I don't want to see you crying again!" The girl's heart aches over her new boyfriend and the ex-boyfriend takes the girl's side while taking shots of soju. This may seem incomprehensible, given that the two broke up after ten years of dating but in a weird way, it also almost seems understandable.

The filming for cable channel tvN's "In Need of Romance" took place at a pork rinds restaurant in Seoul on a pouring morning on July 11. The show, which goes better with a bitter shot of soju than sweet cake, showed well on this set as well. While a member of the crew worked hard at grilling meat in one corner of the restaurant, the drama's two main characters Cho Yeo-jung (Sunwoo In-young) and Kim Jeong-hoon (Kim Sung-soo) practiced their scene of bickering while slurring their speech with no focus in their eyes. And the emotions Sung-soo feels towards In-young who is in misery over Sung-hyun (Choi Jin-hyuk) was important in this scene so director Lee Chang-han gave detailed directions on this to Kim Jeong-hoon who did not let go of his script up till the very moment he goes into shoot. "Sung-soo, even the briefest single expression that you show will decide whether you'll be forgivable or not. You won't be forgiven easily nor immediately but I think it'll happen if you keep building on those emotions. The only way you can live is to bring out the details."

And unlike Kim Jeong-hoon who was serious about his shoot throughout, Cho Yeo-jung's tiny face would light up with a cheerful smile as soon as she got the cut sign. She would then ask, in a high-pitched voice, if her stylist wants a drink when she came over to her to fix her make-up and to Kim Jeong-hoon, jokingly criticize him for nicknaming her after the sound she makes when one passes gas, which her character often does on the show. Then when the cameras start rolling again, including the DSLR camera which produces video in beautiful color, and then zooms into Cho's face, she says, "I'm miss so much..." with eyes brimming with tears. So who is it that In-young misses? Sung-soo who is belatedly begging for her love or Sung-hyun who is making In-young's and female viewers' hearts flutter. If you are curious of what is going on regarding this complex love triangle, do not miss the 14th episode of "In Need of Romance" on July 26.
Reporter : Lee Ga-on.
Photographer : Lee Jin-hyuk. 사진팀
Editor : Jang Kyung-Jin. 매거진팀
Editor : Jessica Kim. 온라인뉴스부
Asiae

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 14th, '11, 10:36

Thanks for the info dear...still desperately waiting for 9 and 10...feeling deprived :alcoholic:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 14th, '11, 11:25

Preview for Ep 11:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9mQ-8Eb8BAo" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Plus, I don't believe they will turn this gem into usual drama. But making Seongsu a good guy by making Seonghyeon to look bad is just not right. Seongsu is despicable, and pathetic. He is allowed to screw everything what has a pulse and look at women "because he's a man", but In Young should be confined in the house and never look at the dentist even? Sadly, such guys exist, and their motto is "what I can, you can not".

BTW, in Romance Hunter we also had similar situations - lots of sex, talks about sex and stuff. For those interested, it's here on DA.

Update:
Click on the pic for OST Part 2:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 14th, '11, 21:54

Is it OK for me to rant a little?
I thought I check out what this little drama that made you ladies faint. so here I am waiting eagerly for ep 9 and 10 subs when I already started the drama yesterday afternoon. Yes, I could not put this little gem of drama down till I saw what I had.
first of all, E-chan, your ava makes my heart skip a beat every time I see it. from very first ep and very first scene of HS. :wub: I am totally smitten.

and now my rant.
I am confused. they way the drama is heading is making me confused and uneasy. SS is a cheater. why on earth now they making him look good and on his way of redemption.

another problem is the curse of second lead losing the girl to first lead. can it be broken in this drama or it will follow other Kdrama's path?
we started with two characters. one cheater, one NOT. no matter how they show he was nice to lead girl in past years, he still was introduced as a cheater. meanwhile, the second lead, we have our second character who since day one we saw nothing of him but being nice and considerate to the main lead.
I really don't know what does it mean to be in long term relationship but if it is just like what IH is portraying, I am quiet disappointed. I am hating the fact that she can't break free from him even though she knows about his cheating. she just falls for his words every time. atleast she is admitting that she is weak when it comes to SS. but come on, have some self respect.
and I don't know why but I get the feeling that writer always trying to justify SS cheating. showing that he has no control over this. when he was telling IH about all "these feelings" he gets when he sees that actress, I seriously wanted to strangle him. such a cheek! and he still has the nerve ask her not to go with HS. I seriously don't understand people like SS that's why I am having trouble understanding his character and no matter how much ks sad and depressed he looks, it's not going to change my mind about him.

on a lighter notes, I do also find Alex, Mr Replacement and The photographer totally hot. but when Jin Hyuk is on my screen, I am totally frozen. :faint:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 14th, '11, 22:02

Hmm... she was with him for 10 years. It takes more than few hours to cut the person from your life completely. Especially when we had the introduction stating they were really close, they knew each other (maybe too) well. After such a long time, losing a person you loved is equal to losing a part of yourself, so I can't totally blame In Young for behaving the way she does.
Seonghyeon's fiancee... I just hope it doesn't mean he's a player too. I bet it's just some family arranged things. I asked my unni about it and she said that this is not only in dramas, but in real life too, big, important families have arranged marriages and all. Because especially for the oldest son, the marriage is meant to be a continuation of the family, not his whim. But still, hoping that SH will completely reject the girl.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 14th, '11, 22:09

Ethlenn wrote:Hmm... she was with him for 10 years. It takes more than few hours to cut the person from your life completely. Especially when we had the introduction stating they were really close, they knew each other (maybe too) well. After such a long time, losing a person you loved is equal to losing a part of yourself, so I can't totally blame In Young for behaving the way she does.
That's why I said I have not being in long term relationship. and even if I was, if I see someone treating me like this, I will behave differently. but hey, that's me. people are different indeed.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 14th, '11, 22:17

Yeah, in my country there are girls attached to guys who abuse them. Physically. And they still say they love them. I don't know what it is...
Some girls just forgive being cheated on, In Young did that once. One too many as for me, but yeah, people are different.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 14th, '11, 22:24

Ethlenn wrote:
Seonghyeon's fiancee... I just hope it doesn't mean he's a player too. I bet it's just some family arranged things. I asked my unni about it and she said that this is not only in dramas, but in real life too, big, important families have arranged marriages and all. Because especially for the oldest son, the marriage is meant to be a continuation of the family, not his whim. But still, hoping that SH will completely reject the girl.
I really hope they don't make this the reason for why IH has to go back to the cheater SS. specially because they told us from beginning that HS wanted to keep their "affair" secret. I don't have a nice feeling about this at all.
sorry, but I am not a forgiving person. atleast not for people who they don't think they have done anything wrong. 8)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 14th, '11, 23:33

Issy dear, happy to see you here, too!!
Well I somehow understand her...in a long-term relationship I think weak moments can happen. Well they definitely do for me. Stupid enough of the guy to be found out but I underdstand she forgave him once...IF however she's weak and stupid enough to take him back after he ceated and lied to her to that extend...she just doesn't deserve any better than getting cheated on forever.
Nonetheless, even if she made up her mind to break up. You can't just free yourself from a 10 year relationship...everything and everything will remind you and dunno why but our brain seems designed to only remember the good moments so she'll be glorifying the past . . . I just wanna see her go through a hard period of doubts and longing for the past to wake up and realize she loves Mr Hotel.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 15th, '11, 10:33

Mr. Hot-el? Where? When??

Oh, I want In Young to realize that Seonghyeon's puppy love for her is something more, because she doesn't take him seriously. Fact, he's 5 years younger than her and she even used it as an argument against their relationship. But hell, woman, just let go.

Oh, and to all interested - I managed to find the actors for photographer and replacement man, so now you can google them and droorl to your hearts' content!

Lee Gwan Hoon as Seo Jun-i
Kim Hyeong Min as rent-a-man
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jul 15th, '11, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 15th, '11, 12:10

Can I say that I just can't have enough of Mr "Hot-el" specially when he makes those super cute pouting faces? :wub:

Thanks Ara-chan. I am loving the drama to the point that I am going :goggle: over not having any more eps to watch. Specially after ep11 preview. :whistling:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 15th, '11, 14:04

Hmm I'm waiting for subs so I still got 2 eps lying around on my HD...or are the subs out and I didn't notice?!?
Haha Issy nobody can have enough of Mr Hotel...but the one whose scenes I watched multiple times is the photographer . . . he's too hawt to be true :wub: :lol

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 16th, '11, 19:04

I'm going crazy with In Young and Mr Cheater. Just get a hold of yourself woman and either get him back or dump him!! :crazy: I don't like how she's using Mr Hotel to get Mr Cheater pissed off but then doesn't "want" him back after all... I do understand that it's hard to let someone go if you've been together for a long time and she's angry at him but it just sounds like she's using it as an excuse to nag more. I don't know, I'm getting tired of In Young, she nags too much. I like Mr Hotel but I think Mr Cheater and In Young fit better together. I don't think In Young deserves Mr. Hotel if she doesn't even feel anything for him. I was kinda hoping for an affair but it doesn't look that likely anymore.

About other pairs, I totally ship Mr Photographer and Seo Yeon. :lol

And yeah, got myself addicted to this drama. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 16th, '11, 19:08

No subs still, and believe me, I keep the hand on the pulse.

Meanwhile, look what I found:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 16th, '11, 22:19

Ethlenn wrote:No subs still, and believe me, I keep the hand on the pulse.

Meanwhile, look what I found:

:sleeping: --> :O --> :shocked: --> :w00t: --> :goggle: --> :dance: --> :nuts: --> :w000t: --> :faint:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 16th, '11, 22:53

Oh Issy, I love you, ahahaha.... :rofl:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jul 17th, '11, 00:06

I am LOVING this drama! :wub: Its out of the realm of the "usual K drama" and thats what makes it good. Ethlenn...I know that you said that you'll take Sung Hyun but can we share....again... right. XD In fact Im loving all the men. Man, Im a "Korean drama men" slut :P Ummm....where can I get that newspaper article of "Mr.Rent-A-Man." I actually find him really good for Hyun Joo. It gets her out of her ideal man of "Mr. Perfect." As for our Mr.Photographer.....well If Ethlenn doesnt want to share then I'll take him. :lol

Ethlenn:
The weird thing is, all characters in this drama are so normal, sometimes I'm like: "Oh yeah, I got a friend who did something like this!" etc.
By the third episode I was thinking the same thing. Some of my friends and even my sis is going through the same thing. I love how each of their characters are so different and yet the are really good friends. These Unni's, ohh how it reminds me back when I was in High school. How I miss the good ol' days :roll

The first thing that came into my mind was the whole In Young and Sung-soo sisuation. My sis was going through something like that as well but now its over. I mean over. As for my Omma, she always reminds me of this for an "any case" purpose, "Once a cheater, Always a cheater. Men will always look." In Young should have picked up that if Sung-soo cheated on her once after the five year mark than there is a chance, good chance that he will did it again. And guess what, he did again and again. Fine, I accept that In Young accepted SS back again after the first time but to have him cheat again on her and she takes him back again is a little too much for me.

Sung-Soo....I know he is repenting and depressed now but he has no pity from me. And then to top it off
saying that he wants In Young to date Sung Hyun and one more other guy so they could be even just threw it out the window for me. How in all hell is that going to make things better and then to top it over get married afterwards. :cussing:
Havent watched the last two episode....dying here :faint:... but from what I read and saw things doesnt get any better! This drama has such a weird OST doesnt it. I nearly busted out laughing and was shock that they played the song "Para Que Regreses" from El Chapo De Sinaloa. (Yeah we are a mexican family so when I heard that song I was like I know that one and thats when Mi Madre identified him. :lol ) If you dont understand what the song is about....well... it ftted REALLY well with In Young's sisuation. :whistling:
:offtopic: From what I understand there is alot off bad rumors around in Mexico...it even involves murder...on how he got famous.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '11, 00:35

I don't mind sharing. But Mr. photographer was claimed by Ara, but as I know her, she won't mind it, keke^^

Glad to see you here, love!! Ad if you are a Korean Men slut, then I think i'm your Empress... damn... I'm so easy.

The OST is truly weird.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jul 17th, '11, 03:51

Sorry Ara.... you no mind :P Yeah I cannot say no to any hot Korean men. My weakness has been exposed. I think this is the first time I did a mini marathon for any drama on a friday and didint get around to going to bed until 3 AM. Usually's on fridays Im dead beat from working and that I have the weekend off doesnt help. :alcoholic: Come on subs....im waiting :goggle:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 17th, '11, 05:26

Wow, who knew this was soooooo addicting! The first few episodes went by without much thought, but now I'm on pins and needles! I wish the drama was already over and all the subs were out, I can't take this anymore!

If this ends with In Young and Sung Soo together, I might just die. But, if she doesn't want Sung Hyun, I'd be happy to take him off her hands. And Alex, too. And Photographer. And Replacement Man.
And I don't mind sharing either! :p

ETA
esmer, your signature is absolutely my favorite scene out of any drama ever! at that moment I thought: "Jin Hyuk, I love your face. Can I have it?!" and other borderline cannibalistic thoughts.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 17th, '11, 08:19

Haha glad to see it so lively here :cheers:
Ahem yes and as Ecchan said, I don't mind sharing . . . but would you mind if I'm watching? :mrgreen:

And since the title of Empress of Korean Men Sluts is already taken, what would that make me? Only thing I can think of is Goddess then.

Ahem but SSpiegel you're scaring me...borderline cannibalistic thoughts?!? You do not want to know what that line made me imagine . . .

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 17th, '11, 08:47

SSpiegel wrote:If this ends with In Young and Sung Soo together, I might just die. But, if she doesn't want Sung Hyun, I'd be happy to take him off her hands. And Alex, too. And Photographer. And Replacement Man.
And I don't mind sharing either! :p
Yes! You took the words right out of my mouth. I will be in serious disappointments if she ends up with SS and not HS. I don't care how reformed and changed SS will be by the end! and it scares me to death because somehow I can see it coming.

Honestly I hated IH not giving HS enough love and attention and using him to annoy SS but I also understood her feelings because as she nicely put it, "her heart has not started beating for HS like it does with SS" but after ep10, she should not have any more excuses.

it's been a while since a drama has grabbed my attention so much that I am going crazy waiting for its subs. :hissy:

ps. and I think in this case, we all need to be generous enough to share. as there are lots of yummy stuff out there. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '11, 10:21

Oh, so many people here, good, good^^ Sharing is caring, yes yes...

Meanwhile...
source: Naver

Oh, and btw. ロマンスが必要よ is a japanese title for this drama, and 需要浪漫 is chinese. I looked around to find maybe subs in these languages, but so far, no luck. Maybe anyone knows some sites? There are no korean subs for this.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 17th, '11, 13:34

arakira, I thought it would be best to say that instead of saying "I want to eat his face" and other disturbing stuff. His face is just... perfection! I want to take it and wear it over my own face.
Issy wrote:
Yes! You took the words right out of my mouth. I will be in serious disappointments if she ends up with SS and not HS. I don't care how reformed and changed SS will be by the end! and it scares me to death because somehow I can see it coming.
Yeah, I think it depends on how much of a cliche this drama is going to be. I mean it's a cable show, yes, but Korean dramas are pretty formulaic. Can the "second man" win? Or has the drama been deceiving us and letting us think Sung Soo is the lead man when he actually isn't?
Well, for me, I don't think this is gonna end well. If Sung Hyun hasn't gotten her heart beating yet, I doubt it will. If this has to end without them getting together, I wish it would end with In Young alone, as an independent woman. I can understand it's not easy to let go of a 10-year relationship, but SS is a pig. He thinks letting In Young cheat as many times as he has is going to fix something. And then get married?! Psh, he's crazy!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '11, 13:37

Just want to remind everybody of QoR where second lead got the main lady in the end. I think slowly this trend is going to be more popular. And cable drama are usually made of less amount of cliches.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 17th, '11, 13:46

SSpiegel wrote:Yeah, I think it depends on how much of a cliche this drama is going to be. I mean it's a cable show, yes, but Korean dramas are pretty formulaic. Can the "second man" win? Or has the drama been deceiving us and letting us think Sung Soo is the lead man when he actually isn't?
Well, for me, I don't think this is gonna end well. If Sung Hyun hasn't gotten her heart beating yet, I doubt it will. If this has to end without them getting together, I wish it would end with In Young alone, as an independent woman
but it has. at the end of ep10, HS has managed to get IY heart beating all for himself. so can it be some hope there?
actually now you making me think again about who is the first lead in the drama. from very beginning I though it is SS. but could this drama have hidden its first lead in 2nd lead clothing? not really sure about it. even if you look at screen time, SS has much more scenes and time than HS.
I can understand it's not easy to let go of a 10-year relationship, but SS is a pig. He thinks letting In Young cheat as many times as he has is going to fix something. And then get married?! Psh, he's crazy!
OMG! my blood was boiling when I was watching those scenes. :cussing:

Edit: Chuno also broke this curse :P So shall I be dreaming of that happy day?

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 17th, '11, 17:17

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Sooooo many people here ! and I missed all the fun ! :cry:

Thanks Ethlenn for the names ! Kim hyeong Min :wub: , happy to see that Im the only one liking him that much and I don't want to share Mr No-Perfect ! :twisted:
Few days away from home but thinking about this drama and thinking that the subs may be already out and Im not able to see the episodes ...I was shoooooked no subs ? I know I know that 's not good to complain but... :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '11, 20:55

Ladies! Episode 09 subs are out!! First post, firts post!! :w00t: :w00t:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 17th, '11, 20:59

:w00t: Love You dear :wub:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 17th, '11, 22:03

Episode 10 preview... :faint:
why the hell do they keep slapping women in Korean dramas?!?! I'd f**king punch anyone in the face if they dared to slap me. Jesus! :cussing: I don't know what to think of that man anymore.
I have no more words for now.

lazyphu

Post by lazyphu » Jul 17th, '11, 23:11

Found this pictures on soompi:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 17th, '11, 23:20

SSpiegel wrote:Episode 10 preview... :faint:
why the hell do they keep slapping women in Korean dramas?!?! I'd f**king punch anyone in the face if they dared to slap me. Jesus! :cussing: I don't know what to think of that man anymore.
I guess she derves that !( for the first time Im not that feminist )

Am I the only one that find the episodes too SHORT? :cry: :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '11, 23:24

They're from the blog on Naver:
Here it is. Browsing may result in heavy nosebleed. proceed on your own risk

Hey, Sham, I'm with you on that
Fact that she gave him a watch made him think Hyeonju treated him like a male hooker. That's all. This is why he was mad, and I can get that.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 17th, '11, 23:36

Ep 9... So many hot scenes... :faint:

Even though Sung Soo is an **** Kim Jung Hoon just rocks. I think he's doing great job.
I laughed so hard when In Young made Sung Soo strip Sung Hyun. And as crazy as it sounds, I can imagine it is possible to happen in real life too. (drinken ex for example) :lol

And wow, for the first time Hyun Joo looked really cute/sexy when she was drinking with the Replacement man. They really fit together. Worker and fine lady, just like in the Take Care of the Young Lady!

Also, Mr Photographer and Seo Yeon are such a tease together. I thought they were going to utilize the bed but no... :mrgreen:
I love the subs too, they're so umm vulgar? :mrgreen: And the cat's comments like: "Can I haz food" "Feed me ****" I don't know, maybe I will be annoyed after a few more ep but now they feel so funny.

Edit: About the slap, I agree she kinda earned it. She was already trying to pay when he was helping her so how else he could take the watch? If I had got the watch I would have slapped too.
Last edited by Viande on Jul 17th, '11, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 17th, '11, 23:43

Sham26 wrote:
SSpiegel wrote:Episode 10 preview... :faint:
I guess she derves that !( for the first time Im not that feminist )

Am I the only one that find the episodes too SHORT? :cry: :cry:
:O I can't believe you just agreed to such behaviour as a woman. leaving all feminist issues behind, that was NOT the right action. be it from the woman or a man point of view.
even though she was totally wrong and actually treated him so badly but seriously, that was not the right action. they are both adult and mature enough to not be communicating with fists and slaps. I guess he's not such a gentleman after all.

in any case, I have seen so much violence against women in Kdramas in general (even they way they handle women is aggressive) that does not surprise me anymore. but it still annoys me to bits everytime i see it happening.

ps. Thanks for the link E-chan, but why on earth JH/HS picture is on the far side comparing with very noticeable SS/IY centre piece? the curse of 2nd lead again?

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 18th, '11, 00:00

I've seen more women slapping men in kdramas than men slapping women. It sounds like it's ok for women to slap men but if a man slaps woman it's always violence. Anyway, I don't see slap same as hitting. It's more like "wake up" when the other person isn't listening. And as a slap I mean small slap with minium force. And no, I'm not violent person and I don't slap people. :-)

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 18th, '11, 00:14

violence is violence. be it happening against women or men.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 18th, '11, 01:02

Issy wrote:
:O I can't believe you just agreed to such behaviour as a woman. leaving all feminist issues behind, that was NOT the right action. be it from the woman or a man point of view.
even though she was totally wrong and actually treated him so badly but seriously, that was not the right action. they are both adult and mature enough to not be communicating with fists and slaps. I guess he's not such a gentleman after all.

in any case, I have seen so much violence against women in Kdramas in general (even they way they handle women is aggressive) that does not surprise me anymore. but it still annoys me to bits everytime i see it happening.
Totally! I mean, I'm not really a fan of violence anyway, but if there's gonna be fighting, it ought to be between peers. Not a person hitting someone who is weaker than him/her.

I agree that the way they handle women in Korean (and other Asian) dramas is too aggressive. Honestly, I'm worried that presenting aggressive behaviour as an expression of love, as something romantic, will result in women having weird, borderline rape fantasies. And men getting the wrong idea. Obviously, in Korean dramas a woman's no never actually means no. If a woman is angry or sad, a man's solution is to grab her and forcefully kiss her. I can't even... :cussing: It's totally not ok for men to be grabbing women like they are (in Kdramas), but when it happens, even I'm fawning. Fawning! Me! Afterwards I feel ashamed for thinking it's actually romantic. Ugh, think how this screws up someone with a more impressionable mind.

ETA
on a lighter note, o!m!g! those pictures of Jin Hyuk! I feel like saying "he can strip naked and take me by force anytime", but that would nullify everything I previously said, wouldn't it? :-( :P

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Jul 18th, '11, 04:58

Slapping is definitely hitting. And she had to nurse her cheek with ice. I'm with Issy and SSpiegel.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 18th, '11, 05:41

Me too I'm totally with Issy and SSpiegel here. A man should never-ever slap a woman, nor should women slap men...but that's not the issue here. I don't mind some grabbing, not even some rough loving, as long as a no is a no and it's not violence for the sake of gaining something the other doesn't want at all. But getting slapped isn't a wake-up call, it's a direct assault on your pride and confidence apart from the physical pain...

Aww but I loved this episode. Pouting Jin Hyuk I could watch all night...and I like the fights of the main(?) couple. Love their irrational arguments and heated confrontations...

AND OMG did I tell you ladies that the photographer is driving me crazy?? Whenever sexy appears I can hardly control the urge to lick my screen...and I love how he plays with the promiscuous girl. Keke I can totaly imagine myself in her place :wub:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 18th, '11, 08:28

I feel that "Domestic Violence" is seen differently in different countries.

anyway,
out of 3 women in the drama, I am less concerned about the lawyer (sorry, but I gave up on learning their names but I do remember HS :P). her character is confusing and not consistent at all. most of times she seems very naive and clueless and this is hard to believe because she is an attorney and deals with different human relation level in her career. and it's not that she is living in a deserted island for past few years. she has been dating for 5 years yet she still has to take even smallest tips about how to handle men in general from her friend. other two women are more realistically written (even though I don't like how IY is still hooked on SS but I totally understand her actions). but this one, keeps you guessing. I missed the fact that she was the lawyer at very first so when she went to court to defend her friend, I got the shock of my life and made question all her stupid previous moments. she is 33 and lawyer yet she behaves like teenager sometimes. the only time I liked her was her wedding day.

and now to Ara-chan's photographer :P , OK, I did take notice of him from very beginning but somehow in recent eps he has gotten more noticeable. :mrgreen: I think it's the haircut and now that I have crossed out the replacement-guy from my list, I think I will give even more attention to him n coming eps. but I know well myself that no one ever will take Mr Hot-el place and his super cute pouting face. HS is just something else. :wub:

ep 9 did feel shorter to me too somehow. I liked the last few minutes argument and SS advise made mad as usual. honestly, how cheeky of that guy. :cussing:
that reminds me, today is Monday. it means new ep :cheers: