Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
kawaiiruna

Post by kawaiiruna » Mar 18th, '11, 17:52

Morphin wrote:Hello =)
I know, i'm just lazy but when i see 230 page in this thread, i'm not really sure that i want to browse each page.
So i'll ask something that is probably asked often :
Romance-Comedy xD
I only watched 3 jdramas in my life (or i think) : Densha Otoko, GTO and Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru (i'm more a big fan of kdramas)

What i want exactly :
- a serie (at least 10+ episode, i don't care if there is more than 100)
- subbed
- no angst (preferably without a love triangle or with just a one-sided love from the second male/female to one of the 2 lead)
- dramas that you liked a lot xD (most important point)
- preferably a long ending (not just they finally acknowledge their love for each other, kiss, end. But more something where they are both in love for some moment and end in marriage or with child etc..)
- and not a story about student (i mean middle/high school, i don't care if they are in college)

Oh yes and i'd like to know if there is any good dramas dealing with children (but same, especially no angst) like for example the manga Hotman, Usagi Drop or Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie. (i know there is a Hotman drama :p)

and preferably no dramas from manga.

Thanks a lot for those who reply to my request =)
nagareboshi :-)

dennis008

Post by dennis008 » Mar 24th, '11, 07:39

i have watched this...

1litre of tears+SP
Atashinchi no danshi
Hanazakari no kimitachi e+SP
Innocent Love
Tokujo Kabachi
Buzzer Beat
Taiyou no Uta
Nobuta Wo Produce
BOSS

currently watching
liar game

any recommendation after this???
Last edited by dennis008 on Mar 25th, '11, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

ian_sanzo

Recomendations?

Post by ian_sanzo » Mar 25th, '11, 22:56

Hi! I was wondering if you guys can recommend any good jdrama's for me? I like love/comedy, comedy, uhm intelligent series like bloody monday, liar game and mr. brain as well.

here are the titles that i have watched:

Bloody monday
Liar Game 1-2
Trick
Chance
Atanshinchi no danshi
hanazakari no kimi tachi e
mop girl
Mr brain
first kiss
Nodame Cantabile
Akai Ito

I cant seem to remember the other but please post you recommendations.
and the links to the translated (english) torrent or download sites would be good as well.

thanks!
Last edited by ian_sanzo on Mar 30th, '11, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

dennis008

Re: Recomendations?

Post by dennis008 » Mar 25th, '11, 23:40

ian_sanzo wrote:Hi! I was wondering if you guys can recommend any good jdrama's for me? I like love/comedy, comedy, uhm intelligent series like bloody monday, liar game and mr. brain as well.

here are the titles that i have watched:

Bloody monday
Liar Game 1-2
Trick
Chance
Atanshinchi no danshi
hanazakari no kimi tachi e
mop girl
Mr brain
first kiss

I cant seem to remember the other but please post you recommendations.
and the links to the translated (english) torrent or download sites would be good as well.

thanks!
love/comedy buzzer beat!!!..is cool..yamapi and keiko

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_47357.htm

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Mar 26th, '11, 01:05

Any list that does not have Nodame Cantabile is not worth a damn.

I thought Kimi wa Petto was great
Then there was GTO
The hockey player in me loved Pride
Takuya also had the famous Hero

But NODAME blew me away like no other, the music is great and the best Japanese "feel good" drama ever made.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Mar 26th, '11, 19:47

I say this fully prepared not to get a single response, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway.

Anyone know of any good (recent) Taiga dramas to recommend? So far, I've only seen King of Zipangu, but I'd like something a bit more recent.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 26th, '11, 19:51

Mwulf wrote:I say this fully prepared not to get a single response, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway.

Anyone know of any good (recent) Taiga dramas to recommend? So far, I've only seen King of Zipangu, but I'd like something a bit more recent.
Yoshitsune? http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yoshitsune
Some think it's good, some not so good.
I think it's good, the only thing I didn't like about was that I wish that someone else than Takizawa Hideaki had acted as Yoshitsune. Other than that I think it's good.

kesusita

Post by kesusita » Mar 30th, '11, 16:44

Post deleted... 8)
Last edited by kesusita on Jan 12th, '13, 15:18, edited 3 times in total.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 30th, '11, 17:26

kesusita wrote:I would really like to watch "Majo no Jouken", but can´t find it anywhere. :(
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... lish&sort=

antspace

Post by antspace » Mar 30th, '11, 18:54

@Mwulf
My favorite Taiga Atsu hime just got a new life on D-Addicts in high res.
There is a batch available (48 GB!!) and subs go until ep. 34. The others will (probably) appear shortly. See http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... 08b63c33e3 for the batch, and http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_93249.htm for the subs.

Other (non taiga) recommendations are Suika (to chill), Mop girl (for a good laugh), Nodame (silly and touching) and for the sadder mood I would recommend Mother (incredible child actor Ashida Mana and an over all good cast).

bugs_3v

Post by bugs_3v » Mar 31st, '11, 17:54

kesusita wrote:Hi guys.. :D

I would really like to watch "Majo no Jouken", but can´t find it anywhere. :(

wow this drama is so damn good...the first jdorama ive watch i love nanako and tackey...

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 13th, '11, 18:11

I'm looking for something similar to what Morphin asked for, but also a little bit different in some aspects.

I'm a big fan of Kdramas and rom/coms. And i wanted to ask, if there a few similar jdramas.
-it mustnt be in a highschool-setting
-the romance has to play a bigger role, than comedy

optional:
-i'm also looking for a few identity-switch/"secret identity"(like Hana Kimi)/body-switch-dramas
The only jdramas which fit this discription i've seen so far are Hana Kimi(well the jversion) and Boku to Kanojo no XXX (they have the highschoolsetting, but if you look for something so specific, you cant be to picky^^).

viperx116

Post by viperx116 » Apr 16th, '11, 01:45

What are some good comedies from the last few years? I haven't watched any jdramas in a very long time.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 20th, '11, 14:21

Can anyone recommend me Asadora that is as good as "Gegege no Nyobo"? I've started watching "Ohisama", but disappointed that the story and script is quite flat. How about Churasan, was it really good?

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Apr 20th, '11, 14:48

Silverman wrote: optional:
-i'm also looking for a few identity-switch/"secret identity"(like Hana Kimi)/body-switch-dramas
The only jdramas which fit this discription i've seen so far are Hana Kimi(well the jversion) and Boku to Kanojo no XXX (they have the highschoolsetting, but if you look for something so specific, you cant be to picky^^).
Don't know if that's what you're searching for and haven't seen the other dramas you mentioned, but maybe this one interests you:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bokutachi_no_Sensou
It's not in episodes but only one special, with a body switch between a guy in the present and a soldier in WWII.
I liked it. :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 24th, '11, 01:19

Can anyone please recommend me meaningful, touching, beautiful, kind of dark/mysterious/grim love story dramas such as Sleeping Forest, Shiroi Kage, Bara no nai Hanaya?

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Apr 24th, '11, 10:00

yanie wrote:Can anyone recommend me Asadora that is as good as "Gegege no Nyobo"? I've started watching "Ohisama", but disappointed that the story and script is quite flat. How about Churasan, was it really good?
I've only seen some episodes of Teru Teru Kazoku. It's about a family in the 50's who owns a bakery. Kishitani Goro plays the father and Ueno Juri one of the 4 daughters. (*)
From what I've seen I wouldn't say it's as good as you're searching for, I found it a bit goofy but watchable.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Teruteru_Kazoku

(*) Yes, at the end of Gou episode 14, Hideyoshi was just revisiting a future life experience. :mrgreen:

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 24th, '11, 23:57

yanie wrote:Can anyone recommend me Asadora that is as good as "Gegege no Nyobo"? I've started watching "Ohisama", but disappointed that the story and script is quite flat. How about Churasan, was it really good?
Definitely. I am reluctant to say this about any series because everyone have different tastes and preferences, but once you get past the first 15-20 episodes, I don't think you will be disappointed. It is so funny at times, one of the funniest jdrama I have seen, but also really poignant and absorbing when it decides to be serious. The cast is great. Must see I think.
Can anyone please recommend me meaningful, touching, beautiful, kind of dark/mysterious/grim love story dramas such as Sleeping Forest, Shiroi Kage, Bara no nai Hanaya?
Algernon ni Hanataba o (Flowers for Algernon)
More a sad love story, so may not be what you are looking for, but I really liked it.

---

I was watching Fantasy Couple (Kdrama). Can someone recommend a series with a female lead that talks and acts tough but is really a softie on the inside? A bit like the female lead in Fantasy Couple. Thanks.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 26th, '11, 02:09

Thank you for the recommendations!!^^

mechafanboy

Post by mechafanboy » Apr 29th, '11, 03:48

I lurk a lot but never really made an account so i figure it's a nice time to try this out, mostly looking for:-

Really dark stories like sekai no chuushin de,byakuyakou
Sentimental stuff like one litre of tears, as an addendum, life changing stories like Yankee Bukou ni Kaeru work too.
Love stories like Densha Otoko

Basically just looking for something that feels like a really heavy/serious drama that I can get into(and yes,i'm well aware densha otoko isn't very serious, but the drama was pretty interesting, not to mention the ending of the move? 10/10).

I haven't watched that many drama series in total(and all of them are japanese ^^;) so feel free to recommend anything at all~ Thanks.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Apr 29th, '11, 07:00

mechafanboy wrote:I lurk a lot but never really made an account so i figure it's a nice time to try this out, mostly looking for:-

Sentimental stuff like one litre of tears, as an addendum, life changing stories like Yankee Bukou ni Kaeru work too.

Basically just looking for something that feels like a really heavy/serious drama that I can get into(and yes,i'm well aware densha otoko isn't very serious, but the drama was pretty interesting, not to mention the ending of the move? 10/10).

I haven't watched that many drama series in total(and all of them are japanese ^^;) so feel free to recommend anything at all~ Thanks.
Kouou Kyoushi series
1993 version: Teacher/student relationship, incest and sexual abuse towards a student by teacher.
2003 version: Serious sickness, continuation of the school teacher who abused a student.
Mother: Abuse of a child and kidnapping. Motherhood.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=
English softsubs: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_84425.htm
Deep Love - haven't watched this one yet, but I think it should fit what your looking for
Seija no Koushin: Abuse of mentally handicapped youths.
Last Friends: Domestic abuse, among other things
RAIFU (LIFE, based on the manga): Bullying
Joou no Kyoushitsu: Questionable teaching methods of children in school.

For more info on the dramas: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Main_Page

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 29th, '11, 10:40

mechafanboy wrote:I lurk a lot but never really made an account so i figure it's a nice time to try this out, mostly looking for:-

Kono yo no hate
Reputedly the most depressing drama of them all
I could not get up the nerve to watch it

Mahiru no Tsuki
Home Drama (not heavy except for the beginning, uplifting)

mechafanboy

Post by mechafanboy » Apr 30th, '11, 09:16

Thanks for all the recommendations, I've looked into a few of them and they look pretty interesting. (Specifically, Jouou No Kyoshitsu and the 2003 version of Kou kou Kyoushi)

Very very interested in the "most depressing drama of all time" so I hope my torrent of it doesn't take a few months to finish.

Regardless thanks for the help!

lissamae

Post by lissamae » May 1st, '11, 01:24

mechafanboy - can you watch dramas without subtiles? If so, I think you would also like Genya, it is by the same writer of Byakuyako... some say it is like a sequel. Unfortunatly, it seemed to get little attention, so noone subbed it.

mechafanboy

Post by mechafanboy » May 1st, '11, 01:48

lissamae wrote:mechafanboy - can you watch dramas without subtiles? If so, I think you would also like Genya, it is by the same writer of Byakuyako... some say it is like a sequel. Unfortunatly, it seemed to get little attention, so noone subbed it.
Sadly, the most i know is rudimentary Japanese, I doubt i'd be able to understand the finer points. I might give the raws a try after i'm done with these of course, thanks!

AurionZ

Post by AurionZ » May 17th, '11, 07:06

hello guys , any recommended drama that similar like beach boys ??

i like the story , and especially the scenery :D

arigatou :)

AurionZ

Post by AurionZ » May 23rd, '11, 11:28

T_T

xploring

Post by xploring » May 23rd, '11, 13:12

AurionZ wrote:hello guys , any recommended drama that similar like beach boys ??

i like the story , and especially the scenery :D

arigatou :)
Ruri no shima for the scenery, there are vague similarities but really very different

and I mentioned Churasan already, although most of that actually took place in Tokyo

POTMUS

Post by POTMUS » May 23rd, '11, 16:08

Hi all, can anyone recommend something that might suit my taste in drama ? The suggestions on Page 1 of the thread did not do it for me :(

Here's what I have watched and liked -
IWGP
Trick 1, 2, 3
Galileo
CHANGE
Shomuni
Golden Bowl
Nodame Cantabile

Here's what I do not like -
Tearjerkers
Family drama
Taiga (no patience, sorry)
Romantic drama (where the romance is the central focus of the drama, and not a sub-plot to be explored)
Anything Angsty (I prefer light-hearted stuff)
Densha Otoko
Anything with Yamapi in it

Hit me with anything, I'm open to suggestion :D

ailuros

Post by ailuros » May 23rd, '11, 16:21

@POTMUS, How about

keizoku 2 (SPEC)
Mr. Brain
Control
Boss

^^

AurionZ

Post by AurionZ » May 27th, '11, 12:27

ty for the recommendation ^0^

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » May 27th, '11, 15:34

I get the image that korean dramas are really popular so i think it makes more sense to post here (to find someone who watches k and j dramas).
I want k-drama recommendations based on my thoughts on j-dramas. I have no restrictions with genres but by all means recommend b.c. the drama is actually good and not only because it is __ genre.

my reviews:
http://choronghi.wordpress.com/2010/12/ ... s-part-ii/
http://choronghi.wordpress.com/2009/07/ ... ma-review/

thx in advance.

summonrune28

Post by summonrune28 » May 28th, '11, 18:47

Hello everyone!!!

I want to ask for recommendations on historical doramas (jidaigeki). Do you guys have any suggestions?

Recently I'm hooked with the second season of JIN which is why I'm craving for more jidaigeki.

I also watched Yamapi's byakkotai.

xploring

Post by xploring » May 29th, '11, 02:37

summonrune28 wrote:Hello everyone!!!

I want to ask for recommendations on historical doramas (jidaigeki). Do you guys have any suggestions?

Recently I'm hooked with the second season of JIN which is why I'm craving for more jidaigeki.

I also watched Yamapi's byakkotai.
Aoi Tokugawa Sandai was recommended by a few people. I watched the first few episodes, it's definitely high quality. I have also seen Musashi and Toshiie to Matsu recommended.

bryandanielson

Post by bryandanielson » Jun 2nd, '11, 14:43

can someone recommend me any interesting medical jdrama to watch such as iryu or code blue??

HorusEyes

Post by HorusEyes » Jun 4th, '11, 03:37

Is there any jdorama comedy/Ecchi that is worth to watch? :blink

It's just im sick of dramas and love stories. I'm having a hard time in my RL i need to smile a little bit.

nome

Post by nome » Jun 6th, '11, 12:37

I've asked recommendations here before and I'm now relying on your knowledge on the matter once again!! ;D I'm a huge j-dorama addict and it's hard for me to find a good show that I haven't seen already.

Here's what I've watched:
-Akai Ito
-Buzzer Beat
-Densha Otoko
-Great Teacher Onizuka
-Hana Yori Dango
-Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
-Hotaru no Hikari
-Innocent Love
-Kimi wa Petto
-Koizora
-Liar Game 1&2
-Last Friends
-Love Shuffle
-Lunch no Joou
-Manhattan Love Story
-Mei-chan no Shitsuji
-My Boss My Hero
-Nobuta wo Produce
-Orange
-Proposal Daisakusen
-Sapuri
-Seigi no Mikata
-Shokojo Seira
-Stand Up!!
-Sunao ni Narenakute
-Yamada Taro Monogatari
-Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
-Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
-Zettai Kareshi

Dropped:
-At home dad
-First Kiss (hated it, don't know why...)
-Koishite Akuma
-Untouchable
-Atashinchi no Danshi (hated this one too)
-1 Litre no Namida (too sad)
-Strawberry on the Shortcake

These I'm watching at the moment:
-Kurosagi
-Beautiful life
-Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
-Anna-san no omame (crazyyyy)
They are all a little bit boring... :d But I think I'll finish them.

What I'm looking for is a romantic drama, with comedy. Quite new if possible. I loved My boss, my hero. It's probably my favorite show so far. ;D Buzzer Beat was also great. (: Oh, and Manhattan love story was good, very funny but a little more romance would have been better! And please don't recommend me Hotaru2 because I just can't stand the show. Somehow I managed to get through the first season. Also Nodame cantabile isn't that great either.

I hope someone can help me! (: Thanks for reading!

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Jun 7th, '11, 13:31

nome wrote:I've asked recommendations here before and I'm now relying on your knowledge on the matter once again!! ;D I'm a huge j-dorama addict and it's hard for me to find a good show that I haven't seen already.

I hope someone can help me! (: Thanks for reading!
ummm since you've seen so much the only one i can recommend is MOP GIRL!
there isn't romance really but comedy wise it fits.

and watashitachi no kyoukasho which is not comedy or romance. lol.
JIN It has romance, not much comedy,. it is jidai-geki but it is REALLY watchable, just sit through the first 2 episodes then decide whether you like it or not.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 10th, '11, 19:48

Are there jdramas, which revolve around bands(not classical music, like in Nodame Cantabile)?

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Jun 12th, '11, 15:38

Silverman wrote:Are there jdramas, which revolve around bands(not classical music, like in Nodame Cantabile)?
don't know of any but I can recommend good japanese bands lol.

my last.fm if you want more :)
http://www.lastfm.jp/user/howtwosavealif3

lissamae

Post by lissamae » Jun 13th, '11, 14:22

@nome

I am also a huge J-drama addict, so bad I watch as mush as possible..

You seem to have seen a lot of the well talked about drams, but I tried to think of a few less popular that I fould enjyoable..

I am not sure what you mean by 'romantic-comedy' because I find J-dramas are rarely both...but I can think of a few less popular drams that had a nice love story, and also made me laugh. They are 'Bokudake no Madonna' and 'Ryoteieki kanojyo'

for just silly, nerd boy no luck in love, never gets the girl (like stand up!) Tokkyo Tanaka 3 go

For just funny, I recommend all Kudokan dramas, the writer is same as the dramas you have watched Ryusei no Kizuna and Manhatten Love story...

Last year there was Unubore Dekka...so funny, but not really romance, more boy has bad luck in love
also, Tiger and Dragon, so funny, but no romance... but both star the same lead as My Boss, My Hero which you loved..

hope this helps you find something to watch, happy viewing!

Cyborg Ninja

Post by Cyborg Ninja » Jun 17th, '11, 00:57

What dramas are there about homosexuality or homelessness? I know, weird subjects.

eiseli22

Post by eiseli22 » Jun 20th, '11, 18:52

I have been watching jdramas for awhile. I watch every types of drama. Right now though, I am in a mood to watch crime/mystery/dark drama like gonzo, Atami no Sousakan, gulity, mop girl , trick etc.

So I would like to ask you guys if there is any other dramas like those that you would think good for me. If there is any, can you guys pls recommand those?

Thanks.

HanieCullen

Post by HanieCullen » Jun 20th, '11, 20:48

@eiseli22 how about liar game or maybe bloody monday. love this two drama so much. :D

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Jun 20th, '11, 23:50

eiseli22 wrote:I have been watching jdramas for awhile. I watch every types of drama. Right now though, I am in a mood to watch crime/mystery/dark drama like gonzo, Atami no Sousakan, gulity, mop girl , trick etc.
Did you check Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi (aka A Million Stars Falling From The Sky)?
A great drama!

Detectives and parapsychology in Keizoku 2: SPEC

Maybe bloody monday, Innocent Love or Psychometrer Eiji could be for interest.

Pushupstar

Post by Pushupstar » Jun 29th, '11, 05:38

Hi im new here but I watch so much manga anime. Im not to sure if I will like live series but pls give me some to start from. Something for teenagers that is real good. Thx

Cyborg Ninja

Post by Cyborg Ninja » Jun 29th, '11, 06:07

Silverman wrote:Are there jdramas, which revolve around bands(not classical music, like in Nodame Cantabile)?
There's a movie called Oresama. It's a story where a J-rock star goes back in time to the 80s. He even meets a band player from back then who loves metal. The star of the film is Miyavi, who actually is a big rock star in Japan. It's not a drama and not very deep, but if you like music, you might find it interesting. I think Hide from L'arc~en~Ciel also did a movie.

The 20th Century Boys manga (and to a lesser extent, the movies) have a theme of rock music in them. It's not the main storyline, however.

Beck is a manga about a guy who joins a band. It's been released in the US and got a lot of hype when it came out.

Sorry I couldn't recommend any actual dramas, but it's better than nothing.

Cyborg Ninja

Post by Cyborg Ninja » Jun 29th, '11, 06:11

Pushupstar wrote:Hi im new here but I watch so much manga anime. Im not to sure if I will like live series but pls give me some to start from. Something for teenagers that is real good. Thx
Nobuta wo Produce is very popular; many young stars in a school setting. Hana Yori Dango is also a big hit across Asia - it's about a relatively poor girl who attends a super-rich, private school in Japan and catches the attention of the top 4 guys in the school. 1 Litre of Tears is about a terminally-ill teenage girl; very sad and moving. Nodame Cantabile is a show I'm watching right now - it's about college kids in a classical music program, but don't let that deter you, it's hilarious.

Pushupstar

Post by Pushupstar » Jun 29th, '11, 16:46

Thx I saw nobuta wo produce and hana kimi last week those are the only my friend told me to see. I will watch the ones you gave but I like action and sci fi and relationship. I dont care to watch sad ones.

Pushupstar

Post by Pushupstar » Jun 29th, '11, 16:50

Lol I think I saw the anime of nodame cantible so that should be fun. It looks similar so Im looking forward to it . Oh I will download hana yori dango too. Thx

Auratrice

Post by Auratrice » Jun 29th, '11, 20:18

Hey, a person pretty new to drama here. I only watched Liar Game and Smiling Pasta so far and pretty much enjoyed that (liar game -> wittyness and a bit of humour due to acting and nice characters, in smiling pasta I enjoyed the clichées and the light-hearted dumbness the show could have :D) so I'm looking for more enjoyable stuff like this. Thanks for any recommendations.

manopatano

Post by manopatano » Jun 30th, '11, 04:10

is there any homosexual j drama... ???

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Jul 1st, '11, 07:39

manopatano wrote:is there any homosexual j drama... ???
I don´t know any jdorama with homosexuality as it´s main point, but this theme is being presented in doramas like "Last Friends" and "Sunao ni narenakute". I myself liked the latter one more.

tsarina101

Post by tsarina101 » Jul 8th, '11, 12:19

hi, can you please recommend very good taiga dramas, i haven't watched anything of that genre and want to see the other side of jdramas, many thanks :wub:

Grandmaster Aoi Tori

Dark dramas!

Post by Grandmaster Aoi Tori » Jul 9th, '11, 19:04

I'm looking for dramas with an evil or bad main character. Like in MAOU or perhaps Kurosagi/Death Note. Japanese. Korean and even Taiwanese recommendations are very welcome!

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jul 9th, '11, 19:23

@Grandmaster Aoi Tori:

I haven't got round to watching this yet but the main character seems to be bad

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_44680.htm

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Jul 9th, '11, 20:33

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jul 10th, '11, 03:42

Anyone know of any good legal-type dramas (from any angle) like HERO or Gonzo?

(Both of which are highly recommended to anyone looking for a generally awesome series to watch).

xploring

Post by xploring » Jul 10th, '11, 04:28

Mwulf wrote:Anyone know of any good legal-type dramas (from any angle) like HERO or Gonzo?

(Both of which are highly recommended to anyone looking for a generally awesome series to watch).
Beginners, but there are no English subtitles

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Jul 10th, '11, 06:26

Mwulf wrote:Anyone know of any good legal-type dramas (from any angle) like HERO or Gonzo?

How about Ningen no Shomei? I thought Takenouchi Yutaka put in a very good performance. You can watch it with English subs on mysoju or dramastyle.com

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ningen_no_Shomei

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Jul 10th, '11, 21:46

tsarina101 wrote:hi, can you please recommend very good taiga dramas, i haven't watched anything of that genre and want to see the other side of jdramas, many thanks :wub:
Not an expert here but I found AOI ~ Tokugawa Sandai (2000) and Ryomaden (2010) superb. Musashi (2003) was good too.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jul 11th, '11, 00:06

kitty10 wrote:

How about Ningen no Shomei? I thought Takenouchi Yutaka put in a very good performance. You can watch it with English subs on mysoju or dramastyle.com

Sounds good. I'll also look into Beginners, but in general I find I have too hard a time watching shows RAW--I constantly have to pause and think about what I heard for a moment or two before I "get it."

evolute8

Post by evolute8 » Jul 13th, '11, 17:47

Any drama to recommend from jul-oct 2011?

kesusita

Re: Dark dramas!

Post by kesusita » Jul 13th, '11, 20:40

Post deleted... :D
Last edited by kesusita on Jan 12th, '13, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

Renai FanSubs

Post by Renai FanSubs » Jul 14th, '11, 00:31

ryuusei no kizuna <- good one for the crime/mystery kind...I really enjoyed it :)

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 14th, '11, 02:36

Bengoshi no Kuzu

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 14th, '11, 03:06

evolute8 wrote:Any drama to recommend from jul-oct 2011?
Don Quixote :thumleft: Good comedy and not the typical body-switching story.

Subjectively, I would recommend "Hanawake Sisters" too, but the evil sister theme might remind some people of "Seigi no Mikata" too much^^
I watch it coz I'm a Mizuki Arisa fan and I happen to like the story very much so far. Family/romance/comedy type of drama.

outcast_within

Any new stuff worth checking out?

Post by outcast_within » Jul 14th, '11, 13:06

The new anime season started so i was wondering if the dorama also started and if so are there any shows i need to keep my eye on?

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jul 14th, '11, 19:40

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Jul 14th, '11, 21:03

No summaries, no pictures, no impressions.

What shows do you like from the new season?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 14th, '11, 21:19

outcast_within wrote:
No summaries, no pictures, no impressions.

What shows do you like from the new season?
http://jdramas.wordpress.com/
Jade Frost doing an excellent job on posting info on the latest/upcoming dramas.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 14th, '11, 21:22

Zenkai Girl has Aragaki Yui, but there is also Nishkido Ryu so, naturally it's sh!t. Unless you are a crazy fangirl I wouldn't recommend Zenkai Girl. The storyline seems lame, too.

Piece Vote -Tohyo no Kakera- isn't even subbed. Seems to be recycled sh!t anyway.

Zettai Reido season 2 seems to be interesting. I loved season 1. Don't think anyone is subbing this one either. Should it be subbed, then I recommend watching this. Great actors, great story writer. If you like crime drama, then you will love it.

Team Batista 3 would be your Grey's Anatomy just worse.

Arakawa Under The Bridge is going to be amazing. Did you watch the anime? No? Do it right now. It's mostly fantasy/comedy and has many LOL moments.

Ikemen desu ne should be avoided. It's fanservice for pubescent girls. If you like fanservice, then go ahead.

Kudo Shinichi e no Chousenjou is Detective Conan minus Oguri Shun. No Oguri Shun, no me watching it.

Soredemo, Ikite Yuku seems dramatic plus Eita is starring in this one. All Eita dramas are worth checking out. Give it a shot.

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e~2011 should be avoided, too. Fanservice for fangirls who scream "MARRY ME!" whenever they watch drama like this.

All in all this season appears to be weak.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 15th, '11, 22:53

MiIiyah wrote: Zettai Reido season 2 seems to be interesting. I loved season 1. Don't think anyone is subbing this one either. Should it be subbed, then I recommend watching this. Great actors, great story writer. If you like crime drama, then you will love it.

Rollins will release (Soft) subs.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 16th, '11, 00:18

MisS Lonliah wrote:
MiIiyah wrote: Zettai Reido season 2 seems to be interesting. I loved season 1. Don't think anyone is subbing this one either. Should it be subbed, then I recommend watching this. Great actors, great story writer. If you like crime drama, then you will love it.

Rollins will release (Soft) subs.
Really? I don't rely on fansubwiki anymore. It's become unreliable. Good to know, though.

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Jul 17th, '11, 13:58

Mwulf wrote:
kitty10 wrote:

Sounds good. I'll also look into Beginners, but in general I find I have too hard a time watching shows RAW--I constantly have to pause and think about what I heard for a moment or two before I "get it."
here: http://choronghi.wordpress.com/2010/11/ ... rean-subs/