I Need Romance (tvN, 2011 & 2012)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 18th, '11, 10:49

Viande wrote:I've seen more women slapping men in kdramas than men slapping women. It sounds like it's ok for women to slap men but if a man slaps woman it's always violence. Anyway, I don't see slap same as hitting. It's more like "wake up" when the other person isn't listening. And as a slap I mean small slap with minium force. And no, I'm not violent person and I don't slap people. :-)
Exactly ! and " Don't slap me because I'm a woman and I am weaker than you " is an impuissance ! If it was the reverse situation we'll say "Good for him he's such an ashole ..."
That's a descrimination ! That's my opinion anyway!
The reason why I really care about the lawyer it's because It's the first time I recognise my self in a kdrama ! and that's what makes this one different because all the characters are so real!

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 18th, '11, 11:28

Sham, you seem to be missing our point in us saying "we do NOT" approve of slapping in general" as a mean in getting your point across apposite person's head. We are not actually saying " we are totally ok if she slapped him instead and we are fumed with anger because he as the man slapped her as the woman". It was not Men VS Women battle anyway. I got angry at the fact that they are both matured adult civilised people and yet behave in such manner and then us agreeing with such action as there is no other way of telling her in simple words that she was wrong.
That's why I think IY is the best written character. I like how she always argues her point with perfect words and gets her feelings understood. Well, almost.

In any case, everyone has their own different opinion.

chullas

Post by chullas » Jul 18th, '11, 11:53

i really love this drama *_*

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 18th, '11, 12:26

Well, violence is violence, but for me the slap is not like this, giving the conditions of it. In Family's Honor we also had main lady slapped, but she deserved that, I was "OH my gods, someone slap this woman!". And this is only those two examples I remember, as Viande said, in Kdramas men are being hit more often. And no one cries over violence. I'm not saying that hitting women is a good thing (hitting ON women is), but it's a particular case.
True, backing off with words is more classy, but as Edward George Earle Lytton Bulwer-Lytton said: "The pen is mightier than the sword", so words may be even more painful than hit.
Apart from that, someone, please, hit Seongsu, pretty please^^ he's a rotten ^%$%$#$^&%^!!!

Now this is violence:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qvPugcb7QGE" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 18th, '11, 12:38

Ethlenn wrote:I'm not saying that hitting women is a good thing (hitting ON women is),
:thumright: I don't mind some of that myself. specially from Mr Hot-el. :whistling:
E-chan, those scenes are SO classy it never fails to make me laugh no matter what state I am in.

is it normal that I keep checking every site to see if ep11 is out or not??? :goggle:

ps. I will slap SS for you any time, any day. or maybe strangle? :P OK, this is NOT violence. I have been asked (and maybe paid by E-chan ) to do so. so basically is a job. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 18th, '11, 12:47

It didn't air in Korea yet, dear^^'

I will pay!! Strangle, burn him, do whatever pleases you... then.. again..

oh gutter, gutter...

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 18th, '11, 12:48

Ethlenn you spoke my mind ,nothing to add !

I guess k-writers really really hate me , because whether it's the second lead syndrome or making the character I like the best a bad one , ( exemple the second lead in "Que Sera Sera" ) :cry: ! Hope here the writer don't add things to Mr No-Perfect 's personality !
And just thinking there're just 6 episodes left makes me SAD ! :-(

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 18th, '11, 12:52

Yes, I thought so. It's still too early. I will catch up with CH till is out then.

as for the "Job" , it's done deal then. and don't worry about payment. I accept drama/movie money in your case. :mrgreen:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 18th, '11, 12:56

Issy wrote: ps. I will slap SS for you any time, any day. or maybe strangle? :P OK, this is NOT violence. I have been asked (and maybe paid by E-chan ) to do so. so basically is a job. :mrgreen:
LOL ! it's a job ! Of course :D

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 18th, '11, 13:25

Ethlenn wrote:Well, violence is violence, but for me the slap is not like this, giving the conditions of it. In Family's Honor we also had main lady slapped, but she deserved that, I was "OH my gods, someone slap this woman!". And this is only those two examples I remember, as Viande said, in Kdramas men are being hit more often. And no one cries over violence. I'm not saying that hitting women is a good thing (hitting ON women is), but it's a particular case.
True, backing off with words is more classy, but as Edward George Earle Lytton Bulwer-Lytton said: "The pen is mightier than the sword", so words may be even more painful than hit.
I agree 100%. Exactly what was in my mind but I'm not that good a explaining. ^^ Sometimes I wish someone would slap ME if I'm about to blurt out some nasty things, at which I'm really good at. :roll

@ Issy, it's "normal". I'm looking for ep 10 subs every hour or so. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 18th, '11, 16:11

Meanwhile:

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Jul 18th, '11, 16:29

Issy, yep. Culture influences people's ideas of Domestic Violence. I remember a friend of mine (a girl) said it was okay for a man to beat his wife from time to time to keep her in line.

Slapping a woman because your feelings got hurt is an absolute no-no. In real life, this man will definitely hit her again.

chullas

Post by chullas » Jul 19th, '11, 08:09

thank youuuuuuuu

DJG666

Post by DJG666 » Jul 19th, '11, 10:05

...general opinions are welcome in this topic as well? Just recently stumbled across this series without intention of watching. Overall expectations weren't much: tvN didn't do well with promotional material, basically left me wondering without a clue. So was glad to be proven wrong after first episode. Characters are colorful but not too fake, much more dynamic than average network drama and, of course, reasonable openness about existence of sex, more risque topics.
Note to non Korean speaker: dialogues are, rather, wordy and happening most of the time so you might think twice IF reading subs, instead of looking, isn't your thing.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 19th, '11, 11:15

@DJG666
Of course! All opinions are welcome. We might disagree on some but they're all in good spirit. After all, everyone has different opinions/taste. We respect them all.

So I had to watch ep11 raw last night because that's me. Someone with no patience for things she likes
I am losing my patience with IY as times goes by. I understand the whole 10 years relationship and all, but everything has a limit (maybe not for IY). Now I thinking it's maybe good for HS to have fiancé or GF because the way IY treats him is just not fair on him. Thing that bothers me is he always puts up with her and waiting for her to come back to him. she still Insisting on her and SS not broken up and all she has with HS is just an "affair" :crazy:
If this is the writer's way to show no matter what first love will win and survive by the end, Then so be it. Just don't make HS bad character in the process to make your point.
I seriously want to wipe that smile/smirk off SS face everytime IY does something proving that she is still hooked on him. It's like " in your face, pretty boy! Like it or not
she always crawls back to me whatever you do". And IY is never short of giving such apportunities to SS to do so. :cussing:
Sorry, I had to get this out of my chest. :P

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jul 20th, '11, 01:32

I need subs damn it! Must be patient....must be...oh hell. Almost had a fit on how good looking our Mr. Rent-a-man looked once he took of his glasses in the ahem....bed scene! My first thought, Superman: glasses on...Mr.Rent-a-man....Mr.Fix-a-man...Mr.I'm you average good guy. Without glasses....Mr.Damn, I fine looking but with a gentleman soul who will teach you the ways of love! Lord, calm my heart. :wub: I must restrain myself from watching them without subs but I know there is that slapping scene that I have not seen so I'm a little hesitant but ready.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 20th, '11, 03:31

So, after 11 episodes I'm finally soooooo done with In Young. Whatever happens to her love triangle, I'm sorry, love rectangle (or maybe it's already developed into a love pentagon... :roll ), I don't care anymore. I still love Pouty McPoutyface, but this romance is total bs and I'm not wasting my energy on it anymore.

About episode 11 in general
so of course I had to see it even without subs. I mean, my Korean is actually pretty good, but they just talk sooo much and so quickly, I barely have time to understand a word here and there. So most of the dialogue went past me, which is quite ok since they're just mostly talking **** anyways. I actually fast forwarded most of the dialogues and just enjoyed some shirtless men instead!
Anyway, since I'm done with In Young, and I don't like Replacement Man anymore either (tho I had to laugh at their suicide attempt in ep 12 preview, haha!), I'm putting all my energy on cheering on ms. Player and Photographer. She'll probably soon realize that she's in love with Photographer, and probably for the first time in her life too. I'm totally loving it! So, I hope we'll have at least one happy ending in this drama (hopefully one that us viewers can accept, too...).

lazyphu

Post by lazyphu » Jul 20th, '11, 05:48

@esmer86 here you go sweetie link. Why do all the episode felt like it was only 10 min.

More picture from soompi:
EDIT: Oh sorry.
Last edited by lazyphu on Jul 20th, '11, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 20th, '11, 08:22

@SSpiegel
Exactly how I feel now :P
even though ep12 was less annoying in that term but still, I am starting to feel like maybe SS and IY deserve each other. he can keep cheating on her (once a cheater, always a cheater) and she will be in that blissful ignorance that he loves her and he is the one for her.

and as times goes by, I am seriously wondering how the lawyer got to her place with her being so childish and immature. it seems that different writer from first eps is writing her character. she was more mature back then comparing with now.

this drama is heading towards normal cliché kdrama very fast. it's a shame because it started so different and you thought, oh! this one is going to break all those cliché storyline.
next week, the fiancée will enter the story and from preview she will clash with IY in a bad way. maybe she will be the one to knock some sense into her head? don't know! maybe I will start cheering for her and HS by the end, if IY continue behaving like this.
it's so interesting to see ava and sigi of people posting here are changing pictures one by one. and they all have Mr Hot-el. :wub:

@lazyphu
oh, they are out? Thanks alot :cheers:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 20th, '11, 09:02

If you checked the first post link you would know that subs are already there. Don't create the mess inside the thread.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 20th, '11, 09:17

E-chan, Is it OK to have small little heads up for new up date on subs section dear? I do too forget to check there regularly. :doh:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 20th, '11, 10:39

I check the page of subs every 5? min Im not exagerating , in mediafire and box.net trying to fool my self :D , I'm soooo crazy ! :nuts:
esmer86 wrote:I need subs damn it! Must be patient....must be...oh hell. Almost had a fit on how good looking our Mr. Rent-a-man looked once he took of his glasses in the ahem....bed scene! My first thought, Superman: glasses on...Mr.Rent-a-man....Mr.Fix-a-man...Mr.I'm you average good guy. Without glasses....Mr.Damn, I fine looking but with a gentleman soul who will teach you the ways of love! Lord, calm my heart. :wub: I must restrain myself from watching them without subs but I know there is that slapping scene that I have not seen so I'm a little hesitant but ready.
Oh finally someone who felt the same thing as me ! Your words are just ... :alcoholic:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 20th, '11, 11:44

Oh why did I have to watch preview for ep 11. :hissy: Now I just can't wait for subs and going to watch it without...

I got sick of In Young & Sung Soo a few episodes ago. They're too draggy even for me! I'm just hoping something else happens... like it seems to in ep 11 if the preview is to believe for... Ok I'm off to watch it. When it's downloaded. >.<

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 20th, '11, 12:08

Same for me Viande , I'll read the recap after watching the episode

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 20th, '11, 17:11

@Issy

Yeah, episode 11 was the worst, wasn't it?
sitting next to SS in the restaurant? O!M!G! When I actually got to that scene where she was returning to the table and suddenly making lovey dovey eyes at SS, I was, like, this is not happening! Then she started to walk towards the table and just a second before she sat down, I fast forwarded. So it really happened, right? Cause afterwards she was talking with Pouty and she said something about forgetting that they are broken up. Which is total bull! When you break up with someone, it usually hurts whether you're the dumper or the dumpee, and there's no way you forget that, especially when you see that other person. I really, really can't even... handle this thing anymore. It's so stupid, I just want to fast forward the rest of the series whenever IY or SS is on screen. Ugh!

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 20th, '11, 18:07

OMG! Yes. It was the worst ep in the term of making you annoyed so much you want to slap IY silly 100 times or more so far. :crazy:
seriously, we have been talking of how realistic this drama written and how we identify ourselves or friends with characters but this getting less and less.

That restaurant scene was totally unrealistic and out of order. It's just does not happen in real life. What makes it even worse that she is talking to HS and still not realising. I am too getting fed up with IYxSS scenes and just don't have the energy to wait a week to see how it ends. Atleast if I had whole eps till the end, I could be more bearable to watch. Maybe I should give this drama a break till it's all done and then watch. The problem is, not sure if be able to bear it without it.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 20th, '11, 21:54

Writer ! I HATE you ! it's official !
Told they're going to add more flaws to Mr no-perfect ! Now STD ? WTH ! hated hated !
I hated ep 10 more than 11 ! Anyways , in reality sometimes even if someone has done somthing bad to you you may forget for a minunte and talk to him like nothing happened so I guess it's the same here , it does make her stupid but I can understand ! add to tthat Age + wealth and now fiancee ? :cussing:
And the photographer , couldnt you just stay hard to get ? Hated when you just give up !
Watched it without subs , I don't think I'll see ep 12 because 2 annoying episodes are enough for today !

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 20th, '11, 23:31

You forget about it for split second or even minute. Not for that period of time shown. and specially NOT when your current BF is in front of you. this ought to reminds of some recent events in your life.Oh Well, she might be going through early dementia.
As for me, it's official too.
I can't care any less for lawyer and her guy. Their story is going stupid by minute. It's like the writer does not have any more story for them so just making them go through sex education lessons for teenagers. I thought she was pregnant but the STD story? Just too lame and embarrassing. So now he is not only stupid, but also a player because that's how you can get STD. It's just does not match his personality and the way he conduct himself.

rickt

Post by rickt » Jul 21st, '11, 08:25

I'm finally going to comment here because I can't take the stupidity of this drama anymore! it started off very interesting and when I got really hooked on it and eagerly waiting for each eps to come, it just disappoints me even more.
semi-watched ep 11 last night without sub (skipping through most of them). but yes, that STD part is just very silly!! it doesn't match with our first impression of Mr Fixer (I tend to call him that, guess I should change it to Mr STD now!), and Lawyer-Lady getting stupider by episode I just can't take it anymore. furthermore, OMG IY and SS!! :cussing: make up your mind already, either break up and move on with your lives, or stay together and suffer each time he cheats!! I was also disappointed with how Mr Photographer gave in so easily. sigh.. this drama slowly made me lose interest..
my only consolation is how HOT Mr HOT-el looks each time he's on screen. hopefully that will be enough for me to continue watching each week.. :unsure:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 21st, '11, 08:48

Hmm reading all your comments made me almost watch ep11 but I managed to hold back...Gonna wait for subs still.
And anyway, I didn't find episode 10 boring or annoying at all so I still have some hope to like what's to come.
Am I the only one who doesn't find IY's actions weird? I can totally understand her. If you've been with somebody for years and still love that person, your feelings won't just stop because you got hurt...and even if your mind knows it's useless you'll keep some false hope that there still might be a way.
Just don't get SS, okay fine if he doesn't want to stop his movie for IY but inviting the other girl to his place?!? He's either a total idiot who don't get women at all or an egoistic jerk...

Oh and I share everybody's feelings about lawyer lady, her character is just off. A lawyer should know people better and should have some analytical skills to read people...but still I do not think that the slap was in any way deserved. If he loses his temper at such a little insult he'll always resort to violence cause he never learned to argue with words, what a prick!

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 21st, '11, 11:25

I too did not find ep10 annoying. Well, because I had my nice moments of HS and honestly, that is the only reason I am watching INR.
My big disappointment with the Lawyer lady and Mr Replacement is that I had a high hopes for this couple as my secondary favourite couple. Their story started very well. I wanted this mysterious guy, amaze me more and more with his actions and leave her speechless. Specially with those intense moments on the wedding day and the way he spoke and all, were indications of one perfect guy. Then how on earth a guy who conduct himself so elegantly and gives you all vibes of classiness later on is portrayed Like this? They just ruined a perfectly character with great potential. same goes with the lawyer lady. Making her naively innocent, just making her look silly and stupid when she was not like this at beginning.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 21st, '11, 15:13

@arakira

Till episode 10 I honestly did understand In Young. I mean, she does all the mistakes I did with my ex while dating a new guy. He was such a douche and he was never going to change. SS is also easy to give into temptation, and I doubt he'll change either. So it's not that I don't understand, I just find it incredibly annoying, just like I found my own behaviour absolutely idiotic. But... I'll bet you'll change your mind after epi 11! :) That's when my line was crossed and my understanding vanished.

Anyway, I don't really know what to think of anyone anymore. This drama has totally destroyed all of its characters and the drama in general has started to look supercliched. I'll watch till the end because of hot men and hot make out scenes, but I'm not expecting a satisfying ending on any account.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 21st, '11, 16:59

I really don't have anything to add to your comments about ep 11 (and preview for ep 12, I'm not in the mood for ep 12 yet). How can one episode mess things up so badly?! It not only destroyed possibility of In Young and Sung Hyun together (once again...) but also hard-to-catch Mr Photographer & Seo Yeon and Hyun Joo & Mr Replacement man. Well done writer, well done... What's up with writers this spring/summer? I wasn't too impressed about Secret Garden's ending, writer change spoiled Lie to Me and now even I Need Romance??

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 22nd, '11, 22:33

For the next few days I will have no time for making updates, I'm putting all dramas on hold, so anyone with new subs, please feel free to post links^^

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » Jul 25th, '11, 14:35

Issy wrote:
You forget about it for split second or even minute. Not for that period of time shown. and specially NOT when your current BF is in front of you. this ought to reminds of some recent events in your life.Oh Well, she might be going through early dementia.
As for me, it's official too.
I can't care any less for lawyer and her guy. Their story is going stupid by minute. It's like the writer does not have any more story for them so just making them go through sex education lessons for teenagers. I thought she was pregnant but the STD story? Just too lame and embarrassing. So now he is not only stupid, but also a player because that's how you can get STD. It's just does not match his personality and the way he conduct himself.
Uhh, no it is not only players that can get STD. ANYONE can get STD. How do you know it's not his ex-girlfriend that cheated on him and ended up passing on STD to him? I mean even lawyer did it once and got STD. Maybe he was in long term relationship with a girlfriend that had it. So it is not only players that get em.

Regardless, after watching ep 12, I liked him. He's pretty patient with lawyer. Both are funny couple to me. It is explained in ep 12 how she really is. And somehow other characters even seem less annoying.

I think watching this show without subtitles make it seem worse than it really is, haha.

It's amazing how wrong I was after watching it with subtitles.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 25th, '11, 15:05

Silentwolfdog wrote:Uhh, no it is not only players that can get STD. ANYONE can get STD. How do you know it's not his ex-girlfriend that cheated on him and ended up passing on STD to him? And anyone can get STD. I mean even lawyer did it once and got STD. Maybe he was in long term relationship with a girlfriend that had it. So it is not only players that get em.
I remember writing "can" in my post and I did not say you have to be player to get STD. he could be and then could be not. BUT, as I do work in health care profession, we do see lots of cases like this. of course as you said, he could have a long term GF and then broken up with her (or not) and had unknown case of STD, but this is not the main point in here. my point was the whole story about STD is just stupid and lame. I don't know what they want to prove or tell us in the first place.
in anycase, we need subs to know what exactly is going on with those two. even though I have lost my interest in them completely. unless they do some drastic actions to change their characters.
I think I have learned my lesson. you can never trust kdramas like this one. they promise something at first and they go totally apposite way by the end.
today is a new ep and I can't stop myself for looking for raws and watching them. :crazy:

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » Jul 25th, '11, 18:54

Ah, ok.

Where I live, the licensed streaming site provided English subtitles nearly every weekend after ep is released. So I was able to watch raws and then only wait couple of days after to watch subbed version.

I don't have much opinion about story have STD or not. But it does provide for humor scenes in ep 12. I don't think they will focus on STD too much, but haven't seen ep 13 yet so.

I am same with you,...for some reason with this kdrama I can't stop myself from watching raws even though I know I can watch subbed version in couple of days. :O
I mean even you don't need subtitles to enjoy hot scenes....right?

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 25th, '11, 19:16

Silentwolfdog wrote: I am same with you,...for some reason with this kdrama I can't stop myself from watching raws even though I know I can watch subbed version in couple of days. :O
I mean even you don't need subtitles to enjoy hot scenes....right?
:P No you don't. You just enjoy it all the same. But from the preview it seems this week's eps are going to annoy us big time. Well, when it comes to AY and HS anyway.

Still no signs of subs. I checked DS subs and they are Not 100% too. :-(

Edit: sorry for typo. I am writing from my phone. :P
Last edited by Issy on Jul 25th, '11, 19:49, edited 2 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 25th, '11, 19:23

DS added subs for 11 and 12, anyone who knows Chinese may help with translating.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 25th, '11, 23:18

Ethlenn wrote:DS added subs for 11 and 12, anyone who knows Chinese may help with translating.
yep they are out but they still don't make any sense. therefore I will pass on them for now. maybe in few days time when they are 100% edited/QCed.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 25th, '11, 23:31

They are software translated, not human translated. The same as throwing some text to google translator, this is why they make no sense. If I knew Chinese, I would pull the allnighter on this, right now I can edit only few lines.

And before KaRot version will be out, for those who are waiting:
This is arigato 720 version, the second one, looks like the first one was broken
Plus^^:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 26th, '11, 16:13

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 26th, '11, 16:21

good timing E-chan. I was already in :goggle: :alcoholic: :hissy: state. ^^
ps. I don't really drink. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 26th, '11, 18:07

One more version that appeared just now
Weird thing is, since yesterday KaRot has not released any drama/show. I'm waiting until tomorrow evening, if not, will post those versions oficially.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 30th, '11, 10:29

Episode 11 subs are 100% fans translated on DSC already!

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 2nd, '11, 19:07

just watched the last ep
here you go again. the curse of second lead happened again.
just watched the final ep and I have to say that it was total waste of my time. we all should have known (we know but some how try to ignore it ) that from very beginning that SS is going to end up with IY and no ones else.
I am seriously pissed at how things ended and they made a perfect angel out of SS and how HS is the ones that has flaws. it was obvious, from bringing out his fiancée.
total disappointment with a drama that started so well and ended up in mess.

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » Aug 3rd, '11, 02:21

I skimmed through last ep. Got to agree with ya there.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 3rd, '11, 03:32

Oh, someone's managed to finish this one!
I'm still stuck in episodes 10-11 (both of which I skimmed through without subs) and haven't been able to touch after that. Should I just skip them and go for epi 12? I don't think they were talking about anything important anyway...

Or maybe I'll just let it rot on my hard drive for a year or two like other dramas I've gotten tired of. Blah!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 3rd, '11, 09:26

So, it looks like only QoR broke off the "second lead" spell, huh?

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 3rd, '11, 10:32

Ethlenn wrote:So, it looks like only QoR broke off the "second lead" spell, huh?
You have forgotten Chuno dear :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 3rd, '11, 10:45

Oh, tru, tru :whistling:

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » Aug 3rd, '11, 15:16

How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor is another kdrama that did something unheard in kdrama business. One of few kdrama that listened to fans and made the girl end up with the second lead. That kdrama was originally written to make the girl end up with main lead, but fans loved second lead so much that they had to change the script.

Well that's what I read when I started watching that kdrama.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 3rd, '11, 15:53

I dropped this for obvious reasons , I don't regret starting it though!

I love you QoR :heart:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 3rd, '11, 18:02

Silentwolfdog wrote:How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor is another kdrama that did something unheard in kdrama business. One of few kdrama that listened to fans and made the girl end up with the second lead. That kdrama was originally written to make the girl end up with main lead, but fans loved second lead so much that they had to change the script.
Didn't know that. Maybe this is why the police at the wedding seemed a bit off... But it was good, on the other hand.

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » Aug 3rd, '11, 19:51

Oh btw, what is QoR? I am quite curious since it is another kdrama that broke off the curse of second lead story?

dewiku

Post by dewiku » Aug 3rd, '11, 20:24

someone can tell me where i can find the subtitle for ep11-ep16?

thank you in advance....=)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 3rd, '11, 20:25

Queen Of Reversals with Park ShiHoo in it too :heart:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 3rd, '11, 20:28

dewiku wrote:someone can tell me where i can find the subtitle for ep11-ep16?

thank you in advance....=)
You can fin ep11' subs in Darsmurfsub (first page of the thread), the other ones aren't out yet !

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » Aug 3rd, '11, 20:41

Sham26 wrote:Queen Of Reversals with Park ShiHoo in it too :heart:
Don't tell me...he was also second lead in that kdrama?

If that's the case, then wow, being second lead to win main lead girl's heart two times in his career as kdrama actor.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 3rd, '11, 20:55

{Fangirl on}Yes yes , he's the King Of Confessions, any girl will fall for him :D {Fangirl off}

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » Aug 3rd, '11, 21:13

Okay! Yes! Time for me to go and watch QoR!! <3 <3 :cheers:

Sorry for the off topic.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 6th, '11, 15:41

Dunno, not watching raw but finally managed to watch 11&12 subbed and I still like this drama a lot. I like the way it's filmed and I like their talks, like motorbike telling IH off for trying to act cutsey or how her and the naughty lady talk about the prosecutor girl in front of the ping pong guy (LOL did I mentioned I'm real bad with names?) and loads of simple conversations that make this drama watchwhile...
Oh and I never expected another ending much, so I'll be fine with her going back to her love of 10 years and I'm curious about how he'll win her back.

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 7th, '11, 12:21

Does anyone know if there will be softsubs for ep 15 and 16? I still want to finish this one but DSS at least doesn't even have ep 15 and 16 listed.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 7th, '11, 12:26

Official website has it stil unreleased and stopped after 10. DramaFever has all eps subbed, but it's impossible to watch outside US and Canada (and no one cared to rip those subs, maybe if the ending was different...). No chinese subs as well on Area, no kor or jap subs either.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 7th, '11, 13:18

Ethlenn wrote:Official website has it stil unreleased and stopped after 10. DramaFever has all eps subbed, but it's impossible to watch outside US and Canada (and no one cared to rip those subs, maybe if the ending was different...). No chinese subs as well on Area, no kor or jap subs either.
I guess the ending made all loose interest :whistling: I don't blame them. :x

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 7th, '11, 18:24

Ok, thanks.

I guess so Issy. :) But I'm still interested to see how it ended (even though I kinda guessed from your reaction). I was just waiting for the subs for the last episodes but I guess I could finish it without subs now...

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 8th, '11, 09:19

Actually, just when I was about to start watching raws, Facebook page for I Need Romance had just posted links for working hard subbed videos:
I Need Romance Episode 15 (English Subbed)
I Need Romance Episode 16 Final (English Subbed)

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 9th, '11, 12:25

Finished this finally and yeah, the ending was as I suspected... :x I have nothing to comment. Just yeah, we should have known.

I wouldn't say this series was waste of time, I could still recommed this till ep 10-12. It's just that they messed up with the end episodes as it was with Lie to Me. Well the reasons were different but I still enjoyed both, excluding last few episodes.

I just remebered that Coffee House is an other drama, which broke the second lead spell.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Sep 9th, '11, 20:38

I have yet to finish watching the whole thing. The subs are done with DSS...well atleast with translation I believe but since Im kinda guessing how the whole thing is going to end as well Viande its not on my MUST watch list. I will eventually watch it but im in no rush. :whistling: Thanks for the videos you posted as well. I guess this drama was just to tease us....

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 9th, '11, 22:54

DSS doesn't have subs for ep 15-16. Only place I found it subbed was the link above.

Yeah, I didn't have rush either for obvious reasons but then I wanted to clean some almost finished dramas off the watch list to start new ones.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Sep 9th, '11, 23:51

I swear, all this time I thought those last two were 15 and 16. Since I wasnt watching the episodes I never really paid that much attention. :roll Guess I'll just use the links you gave and cross this drama out of my list as well. Thanks again.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Sep 12th, '11, 00:19

why I am only one who likes this guy? More at his evil beginings but still..

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 14th, '11, 12:48

aTwo last eps are added to DS website, ready for translating.
In case anyone wants to help... :whistling:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 25th, '11, 13:33

A season 2 ? well well, I will definitely give it a try and hopefuly it will be better than the fisrt one !*fingers crossed*
Dramabeans

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 25th, '11, 17:51

Yeah, read that on Hancine, I guess.
I'm all for it, really. But please, no such stupid martyrdom ending!! :mrgreen: