iluvasiandrama

[Discussion] Zenkai Girl

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jul 13th, '11, 00:18

Time: Mondays 9.00 pm
Starting Date: 11 July 2011
Official Site: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/zenkai_girl/
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Zenkai_Girl

Synopsis
“Zenkai Girl” is the first time that Aragaki is playing the main character in a television series, though she has previously had several roles as major secondary characters. In the series, she plays Wakaba, an ambitious international lawyer with dreams of rising to the top. After finding a job at a law office, her boss (Yakushimaru Hiroko) gives her an unexpected assignment: to take care of the boss’s 5-year-old daughter. ~Tokyograph

Last edited by iluvasiandrama on Jul 13th, '11, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

Noi

Post by Noi » Jul 13th, '11, 07:17

Just finished watching the first episode, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Cutest drama ever.

Anyone know who is going to sub this?

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jul 13th, '11, 14:11

^^ I think its Serenity fansub but check here too http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_97103.htm

General89

Post by General89 » Jul 13th, '11, 15:34

hope sub will come soon, thank you very much :cheers: :cheers:

dennis008

Post by dennis008 » Jul 19th, '11, 06:48

ya its so cute this drama....the last scene was too good i mean the kiss scene!!!

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jul 19th, '11, 08:33

dennis008 wrote:ya its so cute this drama....the last scene was too good i mean the kiss scene!!!
That scene made me feel ill...
Last edited by emma-ba on Jul 19th, '11, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

Gildartz

Post by Gildartz » Jul 19th, '11, 11:06

is it just me or did gakky looks kinda chubby :scratch:

dennis008

Post by dennis008 » Jul 19th, '11, 13:10

why...becase she swallow her vomit....i like gakky too much !!! <3 <3

ailuros

Post by ailuros » Jul 20th, '11, 02:25

Love Gakky!!!
kids are also lovely!!

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jul 20th, '11, 16:23

dennis008 wrote:why...becase she swallow her vomit....i like gakky too much !!! <3 <3
Yeah, kissing someone whose mouth smells of vomit is not going to be nice...

dennis008

Post by dennis008 » Jul 21st, '11, 08:00

i wouldn't mind it if i am kissing wif her <3!

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jul 26th, '11, 01:39

I didn't expect to enjoy this drama so much, i like all the characters so far and i'm surprise with
the kiss
in the first episode, if the drama continues like this it will be my favorite from this season.

also too bad the ratings dropped drastically to 14.6% to 9.8%, i wonder why.

CharREX

Post by CharREX » Jul 26th, '11, 10:43

Does anyone know the song name that was played in the first 3 minute on the first episode?

Edit: I found the song, Labels Or Love by Fergie

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jul 26th, '11, 11:45

Episode 2 thoughts
I like the way they're not forcing Wakaba and Shouta together. AAA lawyer (what is his name?) is said to be a player but so far he's not done anything bad and although Shouta fancies Wakaba it's clear his son takes priority. There's also Ririka who I assume will appear in a later episode.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 29th, '11, 18:03

Somehow I downloaded the first ep by mistake and I found myself liking it.
After ep 2 it feels like a typical jdrama but gakki is nice and so are the kids (oh and you might call her chubby compared to other actresses - but I'd call her feminine and beautiful. LOL and Ryo looks so much like a stick, maybe it's the contrast to him that makes her look bigger than she is :mrgreen:

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Aug 5th, '11, 01:34

Gildartz wrote:is it just me or did gakky looks kinda chubby :scratch:
Chubby? I don't see any sort of fat on her.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 5th, '11, 03:16

^ Like arakira already said, it's Ryo. He's a skinny b*tch. :P Anyone would look "chubby" next to him.
But I think Gakky gets her revenge: Ryo looks like he's shorter than her. And in real life he might even be.

AilsKeren27

Post by AilsKeren27 » Aug 5th, '11, 15:15

i started watching zenkai girl just a few days ago and unexpectedly liking it. ryo and yui have screen chemistry and the comedic timing is right on. :-)

albertle

Post by albertle » Aug 9th, '11, 18:21

Can anyone let me know when/if episode 5 has been aired yet?

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 9th, '11, 18:53

Zenkai Girl is every Monday so episode 5 aired yesterday.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Aug 9th, '11, 21:27

albertle wrote:Can anyone let me know when/if episode 5 has been aired yet?
I was wondering the same thing. I think there is just a problem with the upload.

shuzzack
Malaysia

Post by shuzzack » Aug 10th, '11, 13:41

SSpiegel wrote:^ Like arakira already said, it's Ryo. He's a skinny b*tch. :P
lol i agree.hes so skinny.he needs to put on weight a bit XD
so far i'm enjoying the series^^

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Aug 11th, '11, 05:06

So far, I'm enjoying this drama immensely.
:mrgreen:
All the cast are awesome. People have given a lot of flak on Gakki & Ryo's work in the past, myself included, but their performance here so far is commendable. Well... the characters aren't much a stretch from what they have done before and there are similarities with their idol personality (Gakki is a well known tsundere and Ryo has a habit to be adorably apologetic). It does give them an edge to perform well but seeing little nuances that proves their acting skills are delightful to watch.

Its a typical jdrama. A quite charming one.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 11th, '11, 06:05

Episode 5 was so nice! I bawled and squealed. (My bias is showing, but) Ryo is too cute in this.
Ryo, have my babies! :heart:

ailuros

Post by ailuros » Aug 11th, '11, 19:01

arr~

Gakki and Ryo really fit the roles :lol :lol :lol

Just finished ep 05 :cheers:
I think this episode is kidda boring compare to earlier episode
I like both Gakki and Ryo but there are not many things going on in term of characters development.
Especially from what we saw at the end of ep 04.
Producers keep emphasis on the "different world".
Yarh ..like we all not gonna figure out since ep01
So boring!!!

Hope next episode will be juicy. Ex-wife is back in town!!!

ps790

Post by ps790 » Aug 11th, '11, 19:49

I really like this drama despite some big flaws, such as featuring kids who are smarter than the adults (i.e. nothing remotely like real children, doing things purely to advance the plot), picturing work in a big law firm in a totally unrealistic manner (if you've ever worked in a law firm on 100s of boxes of discovery documents, this drama's picture of the work environment is sometimes many orders of magnitude unrealistic; after the major lay-offs at major law firms in recent years, you hardly ever see the wild spending pictured in this drama), etc.
On the plus side, it pictures an environment that many of us as JP-EN billinguals are familiar with: working in a big law office, working with lawyers and with legal issues, etc. It also deals with the IKEMEN phenomenon (Why isn't it 育メン?). As a guy, I also see this as one of those dramas to watch under the 女心を理解するため category.
Especially, thanks for uploading this without subtitles.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 11th, '11, 21:04

ps790 wrote:I really like this drama despite some big flaws, such as featuring kids who are smarter than the adults (i.e. nothing remotely like real children, doing things purely to advance the plot), picturing work in a big law firm in a totally unrealistic manner (if you've ever worked in a law firm on 100s of boxes of discovery documents, this drama's picture of the work environment is sometimes many orders of magnitude unrealistic; after the major lay-offs at major law firms in recent years, you hardly ever see the wild spending pictured in this drama), etc.
I don't really see those as flaws though, being slightly unrealistic and over the top is more like a standard part of any drama containing comedy :)
It's nice that Wakaba is being honest with herself and I loved the bit where she closed her eyes and kept seeing a montage of Bi-taro's dad grinning away. That made me laugh! I secretly want her to stay with AAA lawyer though and Bi-taro's dad could get back together with Ririka, it would make a nice change from the standard drama romance :)
Last edited by emma-ba on Aug 12th, '11, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 11th, '11, 21:14

ps790 wrote: It also deals with the IKEMEN phenomenon (Why isn't it 育メン?).
It is 育メン. As in IKUMEN, a stay-at-home dad. Ikemen (イケメン) is a pretty boy.

I think Ryo falls finely into both categories in this one. :lol :P

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Aug 16th, '11, 21:15

^^^*agrees*

I've been meaning to watch this drama for a long time! I've been holding off from it until I've finished all my work for uni. Is it good? I thought Inu wo kau to iu koto was a bit cheesy so I'm hoping for something a little more interesting from Ryo - especially character-wise. :)

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 16th, '11, 21:36

^ I like it, but if you're expecting a lot from the characters, you'll be disappointed. This is like Ryo in real life (well, as we imagine him in real life), except without his meanness. He's just shy, rambles on like an idiot and apologises a lot. But the romance is cute and he has a kid and he's so cute with kids and and... :wub:

Ugh, I'm such a fangirl. Sorry. :P

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 16th, '11, 21:44

This drama is cute and funny but sadly it falls into your typical romance drama. well I guess it's not a bad thing considering how this type turns out nowadays. At least it's more decent than the recent getsu :crazy: But I still expect something more.. After ep6, I feel like they just repeat the same pattern, Shota is obviously in love with Wakaba who is slowly realizing her feelings.. he does things for her, then this way or other she's moved, by the end of ep she would run to him, then just to be stopped by some 'obstacle'/ridiculous misunderstanding, and here I pull my hair out by Wakaba's reactions. srly. well Anyway, I can see how this drama will end already, makes me less excited like some other dramas this season.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 16th, '11, 22:07

^ That's true. But honestly, I haven't seen anything inobvious in a while, especially when it comes to romantic comedies/dramas. It's even more obvious with Asian dramas, because they give us a set of characters like "these two are the main characters, and these two are the supporting characters", and there aren't many dramas where the second lead, for example, succeeds in snatching the main lady in the end.
What I like about this drama is that there's quite a nice message for a change. It's saying that bigger dreams aren't always better, that there are more important things than a successful career or a perfect home or a perfect man, and that even though you think you want something, that might not be the case in reality. I think most of us will be happy even without yachts and penthouses in New York! :P

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 16th, '11, 23:01

well it's the problem in jdrama, main characters are defined right at the beginning, gives no room for other secondary characters. I don't remember any exception. There's case where they want to 'push' a certain (new)actor therefore giving him/her lot of screentime despite being only second role (like Takei Emi in that getsu) But in the end that character will never end up with the main lead, it's the rule.
I had seen it in kdramas though, like Coffee House. I guess jdrama just ran out of ideas for romance drama (srly? I rather think they're lazy and don't dare to touch those bolder storylines)
Back to ZG, the message does sound nice, but I still think it's kind of superficial. I just hope Wakaba doesn't change much in the end, she will realize her feeling but won't abandon her dream either. I'd hate it if they make it happen so that her and Shota would end up tgther. To me, both career and sentimental life are important. Why would people have to choose one or other? I hated it how Shota just left his work at the restaurant, it's so unrealistic! granted, he has a kid to take care of, but they make it look like his world is revolved around his kid/family only. well maybe that's just my opinion. I don't see anything wrong with ambitious people who want a better life, as long as they don't get lost or do harm to others.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Aug 16th, '11, 23:17

I really like this drama although I'm waiting for the plot to change direction or at least move forward. As for the characters, Shota is lovely but I think he really needs more growing up than Wakaba. He's not changing even though he needs to. He's got talent that he's thrown away and Pitaro going missing that day is no excuse for him to not try to follow his dreams one last time. Wakaba is obviously coming around and I also hope she doesn't stop aiming for her dreams. Yes, she can give up wanting a penthouse in Manhattan but perhaps she will understand the importance of her job as a lawyer and reap non-financial rewards from it. And Shota needs to get his ass back to using his talent to its full potential.

In their personal lives, Shota clearly needs some guts and Wakaba needs to stop letting her pride lead her to foolish decisions.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 16th, '11, 23:45

Of course everyone should keep trying to reach their dreams. But saying that dreaming of being a powerful lawyer is a better than dreaming of a happy family - that's a different thing. Wakaba isn't saying "our worlds are different", she's saying "my world is better than yours". She can't understand that Sota gave up his dreams to be a better father and to give his son a nice childhood. A highly competetive career like that + crazy Asian workhours don't really match with raising a child alone. Of course it's sad to give up your dreams, but it's not like you can't be happy otherwise. And I do totally understand Wakaba's dreams and she shouldn't stop aiming for them. But if you keep thinking "this is what my career will be like, and this is how my life will be like, and this is the kind of man my husband will be like", and then disregard everything else even though they could bring you happiness as well. Jeez, she's going out with AAA guy for his qualifications even though she doesn't even really like him! She's having second thoughts, but just keeps denying them because Sota doesn't match with her ideal of a man.

lissamae

Post by lissamae » Aug 17th, '11, 04:42

I agree with a lot of the last posts.

Like SSpiegel said - Japanese work hours are crazy. I know someone who works in a restaurant, 6 days a week, 9am to midnight! Almost impossible for a single dad. (although I think it is just wrong for anyone to have to work like that!)

I think the main point is not sacrifice, but to point out that money does not equal happiness. Does Shota not have a roof over his head, food to eat and a son he loves? Is he not smiling from ear to ear every day?

Why can't Wakaba just be happy with the career she has made for HERSELF? Why does she need a rich man to validate her hard work? To me that would be the best result....

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 17th, '11, 05:24

yea Wakaba does need to change her way of thinking, she had a difficult childhood, that explains her behavior and big dreams. I only wish her to realize one thing in the end that money doesn't equal happiness, it's just necessary in your life. No matter what, I want her to continue her job and be successful, that's the charm of her character to me.
As for Shota, this character is almost perfect, he's nice, too nice, can cook, takes care of children, and so no character development. He doesn't have gut, being with him you'll be happy but if only it's what you're looking for your life, a family and kids. As for someone as ambitious as Wakaba, if I were in her shoes I'd be mad looking at such person. I hope he will change too!
Last edited by Nomanymore on Aug 17th, '11, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 17th, '11, 07:21

lissamae wrote: I think the main point is not sacrifice, but to point out that money does not equal happiness. Does Shota not have a roof over his head, food to eat and a son he loves? Is he not smiling from ear to ear every day?

Why can't Wakaba just be happy with the career she has made for HERSELF? Why does she need a rich man to validate her hard work? To me that would be the best result....
Exactly. It's not about who sacrificed what and who didn't. It's about realizing that whatever path you choose (or are made to choose), you can still find happiness. Life is not something you can plan from the start to the end, and expect it to happen that way, too. Wakaba should be happy that she's managed to work so hard and make a life for herself.
Nomanymore wrote: As for Shota, this character is almost perfect, he's nice, too nice, can cook, takes care of children, and so no character development. He doesn't have gut, being with him you'll be happy but if only it's what you're looking for your life, a family and kids. As for someone as ambitious as Wakaba, if I were in her shoes I'd be mad looking at such person. I hope he's the one who will change!
I don't necessarily agree with this. Like you said, he doesn't have any guts. I'm not sure whether I should applaud him or smack him for just turning every setback into something good. He also seems to have trouble being honest, with himself and with others. I think he's far from perfect, but he's done a pretty good job with what he has. He just needs to stop letting people take advantage of him. And stop apologising. No wonder Wakaba looks down on him, because he does the same thing to himself.
If I were in Wakaba's shoes, I'd have no trouble looking at such a man (well, I don't like kids, but as a principle). I'm a woman with high hopes about the future, and me being successful has nothing to do with what sort of a man I'll be with. Since I'll be sure to take care of myself, he can do whatever he wants with his time. Hell, if I'd earn enough money, I'd be happy to even support him, if he wanted to do something unprofitable with his life.
Why can't this end with both of them leading their life as they used to, but just together? Since Shota has already chosen Pitarou over his career, he can just keep being a stay at home dad while Wakaba is the bread winner. Perfect! :)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 17th, '11, 09:18

if I'd earn enough money, I'd be happy to even support him, if he wanted to do something unprofitable with his life.
well lol I think it's all personal view now, since I myself can't accept that. I'm not an ambitious person, but I'd like to see independent people who work hard for what they desire. Shota's choice is to be with his kid and 'gives up' his dream or whatever. I don't say it's wrong since I've seen many people like that, mostly women who stay at home and I respect them. Even though I also see some of them regret later on for abandoning their dreams and such but again it depends on case. As for Wakaba ,it's hard for me to imagine her to change completely her pov, she will be indeed as you say, the one who will make living for the family. I don't think Shota is perfect, his kindness is his flaw, he needs to change and not let people and the situations take ahead of him. But part of me still hope he will pursue his dream one point later in his life. His character right now is border boring..
Realistically speaking, I think he will be better with the girl who has a crush on him. oh well, it's just me, this is drama and that will never happen. ^^,

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Aug 17th, '11, 10:47

I'm also disappointed with that drama. It started nicely but it turned quickly in that annoying pattern described by nomanymore at the top of the page. I've also troubles with that pityful guy saying sorry all the day long, that's somehow getting on my nerves ;) Anyway, no hope for a change, so I'll live with it and try to enjoy the upcoming episodes anyway!

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 17th, '11, 10:47

This show is sooooooooooooooooooooo *takes breath* ooooooooooooooooooooo good! :lol Episode 6 was wonderfully touching and Gakky's fashion sense, make-up and hairstyle are improving in each episode. :wub: LOL.
Nomanymore wrote:Realistically speaking, I think he will be better with the girl who has a crush on him.
The truth hurts. :cry: I agree... Pill Bug and Soyoko make a better long time paring IMO since Wakaba is so emotionally immature at this point. Heck, even Wakaba and Shingo-san are a good match since I believe both of them can accept a somewhat lacking in passion imperfect love in a trade-off for a hard at work, yet pleasantly affluent life together.

However, IMO, I hope Wakaba gets to experience real love at least once in her life, even if it ends up in eventual heartbreak; I don't think she will ever feel that way about Shingo-san. :unsure:
voldemort wrote:I'm also disappointed with that drama. It started nicely but it turned quickly in that annoying pattern described by nomanymore at the top of the page.
True... you can see plot events and jokes happening from a mile away, but this doesn't bother me; I watch J-dramas for the J- (meaning the actors and the ambience, lol)... not the drama. :D LOL.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 17th, '11, 11:20

Nomanymore wrote: well lol I think it's all personal view now,
Well, if you start a sentence with "if I were this and this person...", it's bound to be followed by a personal opinion. :P I guess my point was that a person's value is not monetary, especially in a relationship. If both pull their weight somehow, it's good enough for me! People's dreams and desires don't always make good money.
Yukizboy wrote: Heck, even Wakaba and Shingo-san are a good match since I believe both of them can accept a somewhat lacking in passion imperfect love in a trade-off for a hard at work, yet pleasantly affluent life together.
Lol, well said!

I'm just thinking, if the roles were reversed... would anyone be saying anything? Would someone say "well, that single mother shouldn't be pursuing an ambitious career man, they'd make a terrible couple!"?
Anyway, I'm actually expecting the ending quite a bit. Even though it's predictable in general, I can see 3 different ways how this might end (I'll put them in spoiler tag just in case):
1. They become a couple, but continue with their life as usual.
2. Wakaba gives up on lawyering and becomes a housewife. Shota might or might not go back to his own dream.
3. Shota's ex-wife shows up (well, she's shown up already) and takes the kid. That frees Shota to do his own thing, and he'll become a worthy man for Wakaba.

2 and 3 seem sad, but then 1 might also be unlikely since neither of them would have to change that much. But who knows! I, for one, think it's worth being excited for.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 17th, '11, 12:02

I never say they'd make terrible couple :P Here's about Wakaba, I doubt she'd like to support anyone right now, even when her feelings kick in I still think(or rather hope) she'd want Shota to pursue his dream or plan for the future when the kid grows up. They both need to change, atm one doesn't have gut, other has one too big pride and in denial. well I guess this is drama so they have to add more happenings before the predictable happy ending. ^^
If the roles were reversed, I'd be even more annoyed by the female lead, I've seen so many and don't wanna see another 'Cinderella' alike story. I def don't want her to abandon her dream, she'd work hard for it while taking care of her child. but again just my opinion, I like my female lead to be strong. Maybe a few yrs back I might still like it, but there'd been just too many... Why I said Shota'd be better with the other girl in rl is because she wants a life like that with him, a family, happiness under your feet (or whatever it was) It's like her 'dream' and it's what he needs(wants to give). Again I have nothing against Wakaba&Shota pair, they're freakin cute lol. but that's it. oh yea, there's love, the most important thing. ha. whatever/ :roll

At this point the only ending that will surprise me is that nobody ends up with anybody. But it will be a bad ending and noone wants that.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 17th, '11, 13:38

Hmmm.. And all the while I thought we were talking about whether they really are incompatible with each other or not. :P :roll

Anyway, episode 6 got me fuming at Shota
well, isn't he just soooo quick to jump on everyone's cases, telling them to do this and that, while he can't even admit sitting next to Wakaba while she slept. In real life, if you went and told somebody how to raise their kids, I doubt you would get out without a proper a** kicking! I mean, he was right of course, but who does that!? Shota, you just take care of your own business first, ok? :cussing:

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 17th, '11, 19:58

Episode 6
After Shouta said he lost his parents I can see why he wants to spend so much time with Bi-taro. I'm looking forward to seeing how Bi-taro feel about his mother. It's all very well Wakaba realising she likes Shouta but things are a lot more complex as Shouta is bringing up a child as well.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 18th, '11, 00:20

Nomanymore wrote:Here's about Wakaba, I doubt she'd like to support anyone right now, even when her feelings kick in I still think(or rather hope) she'd want Shota to pursue his dream or plan for the future when the kid grows up.
IMO that is why Shota is not really a bad choice either; I mean it is not like he is completely hopeless. He clearly has some serious Ratatouille skills going on, and in a couple of years once Pitaro-kun gets a little older he will be able to pursue his dream once again.
Nomanymore wrote:Why I said Shota'd be better with the other girl in rl is because she wants a life like that with him, a family, happiness under your feet (or whatever it was).
I agree... Soyoko would be willing to accept Pill Bug as he is, and even maybe yield to him in certain areas; especially when it comes to Pitaro. But maybe that is not a good thing either.

Wakaba would probably keep gently (or maybe not so gently, lol) trying to push Pill Bug towards his dream all the while challenging him to be a better man (in the "stop being such a wuss and act like a man" sense, lol). Maybe Pill Bug/Soyoko and Wakaba/Shingo pairings would make for more comfortably current lifestyle affirming relationships, but perhaps a Wakaba/Pill Bug coupling would be best to help each other evolve into more complete people.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 18th, '11, 00:25

SSpiegel wrote:Anyway, episode 6 got me fuming at Shota
well, isn't he just soooo quick to jump on everyone's cases, telling them to do this and that, while he can't even admit sitting next to Wakaba while she slept. In real life, if you went and told somebody how to raise their kids, I doubt you would get out without a proper a** kicking! I mean, he was right of course, but who does that!? Shota, you just take care of your own business first, ok? :cussing:
LOL. You are so right! I mean who made him Parenting God of The Year? :crazy: LOL.

Episode 6
And how did he get to the lawyer building so fast to talk to the mom? And how long was that play? Like so much stuff happened and then patiently resolved itself even before Hinata-chan took the stage. That must have been like a 4 hour Hamlet play or something. :whistling: LOL.

Pill Bug is like always doing that though... he is so sure that his parenting skills and theories and ideas are superior to everyone else... like during the sleep over when he sort of talked down Wakaba... it really is kind of irritating. :crazy: LOL.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 18th, '11, 00:31

emma-ba wrote:Episode 6
After Shouta said he lost his parents I can see why he wants to spend so much time with Bi-taro. I'm looking forward to seeing how Bi-taro feel about his mother. It's all very well Wakaba realising she likes Shouta but things are a lot more complex as Shouta is bringing up a child as well.

Good point!

Episode 6
Maybe Pill Bug's past family situation affected his decision to take care of Pitaro. Maybe Wakaba realizes this because she clearly reacts when Pill Bug says he lost his parents.

And you're right... Pitaro does represent a variable into whom Pill Bug chooses as a life partner. I guess seeing how Wakaba is with Hinata only makes Pillbug love her even more though; I mean as busy or as stressed out as Wakaba is... she is still able to handle looking after Hinata.

And I bet Pitaro still likes his mom even if by the previews nobody else seems too. LOL.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Aug 18th, '11, 00:52

There are 4-5 episodes left, I think, and why did Wakaba have to be a lawyer? Now that Mom has returned out of the blue, she will want to take Pitaro back with her to NY. Pill Bug will go running (sadly) to Wakaba asking for legal advice and help. Wakaba will understand that losing or having family is worth all of the riches in the world. Wakaba wins in court and Mom is sent packing. OK I do not have that part ironed out yet, Pitaro still loves his Mom.

Hows that?

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 18th, '11, 15:50

el_canuck wrote:There are 4-5 episodes left, I think, and why did Wakaba have to be a lawyer? Now that Mom has returned out of the blue, she will want to take Bitaro back with her to NY. Pill Bug will go running (sadly) to Wakaba asking for legal advice and help. Wakaba will understand that losing or having family is worth all of the riches in the world. Wakaba wins in court and Mom is sent packing. OK I do not have that part ironed out yet, Bitaro still loves his Mom.

Hows that?
You left out Hinata! Her mother will realise the importance of family and learn to delegate so that she can spend time more time at home. Maybe she'll promote Wakaba? Or maybe Shindou will leave the firm and he and Wakaba will start a new firm together? Either way I'd like to see Wakaba become a super lawyer!

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 19th, '11, 08:05

el_canuck wrote:Pill Bug will go running (sadly) to Wakaba asking for legal advice and help.
Yah, but Wakaba and Shingo are now engaged; I bet Pill Bug won't even have the guts to talk to Wakaba for at least one and a half episodes. LOL.
emma-ba wrote:Either way I'd like to see Wakaba become a super lawyer!
What was it again? Oh yeah! She wants to become... The HAWK OF MANHATTAN! :salut: LOL.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Aug 22nd, '11, 23:40

Shindou is history, he doesn't stand a chance against a sad-eyed guy and a cute kid, "nola contendre" (no contest).

Emma-ba, you make a good point about Wakaba ending up running the law firm. How about this, they become partners (Shoko & Wakaba), Shindou takes off for greener pastures and Pill-bug and Wakaba get busy having their own kids.

Wakaba becomes the "Hen of Honshu"

Wakaba and Pill-Bug could take Pitaro to NY and Wakaba becomes the "Hawk" and Pill-Bug opens a sushi bar, Pitaro would be close to mom.

Shindou has shown about as much passion as a turnip in this drama.

OK. back to you.

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Aug 23rd, '11, 12:28

el_canuck wrote:Shindou is history, he doesn't stand a chance against a sad-eyed guy and a cute kid, "nola contendre" (no contest).

Emma-ba, you make a good point about Wakaba ending up running the law firm. How about this, they become partners (Shoko & Wakaba), Shindou takes off for greener pastures and Pill-bug and Wakaba get busy having their own kids.

Wakaba becomes the "Hen of Honshu"

Wakaba and Pill-Bug could take Pitaro to NY and Wakaba becomes the "Hawk" and Pill-Bug opens a sushi bar, Pitaro would be close to mom.

Shindou has shown about as much passion as a turnip in this drama.

OK. back to you.
your predictions are possible. so far this comment makes me smile. :thumleft: :P

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Aug 23rd, '11, 17:10

New Idea. Shindou becomes Mom's lawyer and Wakaba is Pill-Bug's lawyer, the battle lines are drawn and Pitaro goes to the winner. Shindou shows everyone how cold and mean he actually is, he has to become the "bad guy" in this drama.

Add to this people, we could turn this into a 20 episode KDrama real easy.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 23rd, '11, 19:35

Episode 7
So Bi-taro is staying in Japan, Ririka has popped off back to New York and Shoutaro is now having a mini crisis about whether he did the right thing. If I was Wakaba I'd just have left him and gone to my engagement party. Did she honestly forget about it? Or maybe she deliberately ignored it because she knows Souta is the guy she really wants?

Personally I prefer Shindou, he seems way more together and knows what he wants. Shoutaro knows she's been going out with Shindou and now she's engaged. If he really wants her then he should just tell her! His wishy-washy attitude and lack of ambition annoy me :x

My favourite bit was when Wakaba was talking about eating the chick. The look on everyone's faces was hilarious!
Last edited by emma-ba on Aug 25th, '11, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Aug 23rd, '11, 20:51

Shindou wants money and a trophy wife, he has not shown one second of caring for anyone but Shindou. Wakaba will grow much more being married to Pill-Bug. She can help him grow away from wishy-washy and he can, or already has, helped her grow into a real person. Imagine a child from Shindou and Wakaba, god forbid, the parents would care more about making money for themselves than for the child. The child would grow up with nannies and butlers, but no parents. That sucks!!!!!

Now back to the fun stuff figuring out how this show is going to end or what happens next.

Earlier I was going to say Pill-Bug could open a KFC in New York or Japan, but Pitaro would be upset.

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Aug 24th, '11, 06:58

I have been reading negative feedback for ryo's character, but i think we loose track that the title of the drama is zenkai girl and i think its but natural that in order to put emphasis on being
a strong-willed woman she should be paired with a weaker character as personified by shota
If you think about it closely, i can even sense that despite the insecurities of shota's character,
(reason why he is having second thoughts all the time), shota is the only person who brings out
the strengths of wakaba and let her realize what really matters in this world.

Both wakaba and shota happens to have the wrong timing all the time. Like when the other
is prepared to let his/her feelings known, there is a circumstance which makes them step back.
Shota respects wakaba's dreams and engagement so he is trying to stay on the side line and watch (in sadness and dismay). wakaba on the other hand is battling between what her heart and mind says. unfortunately, when she decided to confess ririka arrived. its actually the women who are so decided towards their feelings to shota that makes wakaba "chicken out". however,
as a result of every "wrong timings" she decide rashly and put shindo as an excuse.

for me, i personally commend the writers coz so far this jdorama has really kept me excited and
guessing on how things will turn out in the end. but of course, one thing i know..... wakaba and shota will be together in the end (sigh/giggle).

hinata and pitaro has really portrayed their characters very well, they are the key to
wakaba's and shota's personal growth and realization of true love!

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Aug 25th, '11, 03:41

I agree counsel05 this theme has played out in some other great JDramas: Kimi wa Petto and Nodame Cantible each has the overachiever needing what is at first perceived as an underachiever, but is in reality a catalyst to a better life. Happiness.

It still would have been fun to watch Wakaba and Shindo fight each other in court with Wakaba winning of course and send Shindo packing.

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Aug 25th, '11, 14:09

how i wish somebody will make an MV of our two leads.
if only i know how, i will make one and share to all.
calling all MV makers out there. he...he....

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Aug 25th, '11, 15:11

counsel05 wrote:how i wish somebody will make an MV of our two leads.
Here's the MV that I did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHuaKb1V5x4

There are two others MV that I really like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrYLfmqxuEw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxTZIWWODdI

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Aug 26th, '11, 02:09

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong about Ryo's character Sota. Yes he has some indecisive flaws and is kinda soft, but these are intentional character flaws. As counsel05 and el_canuck have mentioned, they are character flaws designed to develop both his and Wakaba's character. Wakaba is somewhat stereotypical of women who want the rich man who has everything and wants the "perfect" guy. When in reality, the guy doesn't have to be perfect, and she would be better off with a guy like Sota who can carry his own weight with hard work. It's a bit of a cliche story of "money doesn't buy happiness" but I find it interesting how the two leads develop each other's own faults.

Kazeyama

Post by Kazeyama » Aug 26th, '11, 03:09

OMG ... I love a man who's not afraid to do the "ugly cry." [see Oprah]

Will capture my heart every time. :wub:

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Aug 26th, '11, 09:07

ryoerika wrote:
counsel05 wrote:how i wish somebody will make an MV of our two leads.
Here's the MV that I did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHuaKb1V5x4

There are two others MV that I really like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrYLfmqxuEw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxTZIWWODdI
So your the one who made the first video, it's the only MV i've seen on youtube about zenkai. :cheers: Thanks for sharing the other MV's as well. I hope you will have a chance to make a new one again :P :-) and if you do please PM me. thanks.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Aug 26th, '11, 18:00

On episode 7
Souta's suppose to be Pitaro's dad, but he met his mom only a year and a half ago. There's no way Pitaro is only a year and a half old. So does this mean that Souta is not Pitaro's real dad? Or is this a plot hole the writers overlooked?

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 26th, '11, 18:04

mrsmith10 wrote:On episode 7
Souta's suppose to be Pitaro's dad, but he met his mom only a year and a half ago. There's no way Pitaro is only a year and a half old. So does this mean that Souta is not Pitaro's real dad? Or is this a plot hole the writers overlooked?
Souta isn't Bi-taro's dad, he looked after Bi-taro when Ririka went to New York.
To everyone - it's not that important but his name isn't Pitaro, it's Bitaro!

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 27th, '11, 07:31

emma-ba wrote:Episode 7
So Bi-taro is staying in Japan, Ririka has popped off back to New York and Shoutaro is now having a mini crisis about whether he did the right thing. If I was Wakaba I'd just have left him and gone to my engagement party. Did she honestly forget about it? Or maybe she deliberately ignored it because she knows Souta is the guy she really wants?

Personally I prefer Shindou, he seems way more together and knows what he wants. Shoutaro knows she's been going out with Shindou and now she's engaged. If he really wants her then he should just tell her! His wishy-washy attitude and lack of ambition annoy me :x

My favourite bit was when Wakaba was talking about eating the chick. The look on everyone's faces was hilarious!
I 100% agree with this. At this point I am so sick of Pill Bug... he needs to let go of Wakaba... just do her a favor and avoid her completely for the rest of his life.

And also... act like a man darn it! LOL.

It would be a much harder choice if Shindo-sensei was a jerk, but he isn't... he is nice, smart and genuine (and well, good looking... I guess, lol).

Wakaba is totally going to blow it... even if she doesn't love him now... Shindo-san is the type of guy that you can definitely grow fond of later on and eventually fall in love with once you get to know him better. IMO all she feels for Pill Bug right now is puppy love.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 27th, '11, 07:43

counsel05 wrote:If you think about it closely, i can even sense that despite the insecurities of shota's character,
(reason why he is having second thoughts all the time), shota is the only person who brings out
the strengths of wakaba and let her realize what really matters in this world.
IMO it depends on what Wakaba really wants... if she truly wants to be the Hawk of Manhattan then Pill Bug will only hold her back IMO. Shindo-san will help her achieve her dream I have no doubt. I'm not convinced that love (or whatever she currently feels for Pill Bug) is a good enough reason to give up on your dream.
counsel05 wrote:hinata and pitaro has really portrayed their characters very well, they are the key to wakaba's and shota's personal growth and realization of true love!
Yah, I agree the actors who play the kids are great... top notch actors. But IMO if the key to the development of your relationship is your kids, then that is not ideal... it is like you are just using them so you don't have to truly understand how you feel about each other.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 27th, '11, 07:51

Episode 7
Kazeyama wrote:OMG ... I love a man who's not afraid to do the "ugly cry." [see Oprah]

Will capture my heart every time. :wub:
For me it depends on the reason why said dude is doing the "ugly cry." :D Pill Bug's reason for that unmanly display of unmanly-ness (lol) was just insecure self loathing on his part... which IMHO is an unacceptable reason to :cry: :cry: :cry: . LOL.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 27th, '11, 08:07

Oh I forgot to mention I really liked Wakaba's hairdo in this ep. :wub: and also the fact that she is wearing dresses now. :wub: LOL.
el_canuck wrote:Shindou wants money and a trophy wife, he has not shown one second of caring for anyone but Shindou.
I disagree... Shindo-san wants someone he can trust and depend on; the fact that that person looks like Yui Aragaki :wub: is just a bonus. LOL.
el_canuck wrote:Wakaba will grow much more being married to Pill-Bug. She can help him grow away from wishy-washy and he can, or already has, helped her grow into a real person. Imagine a child from Shindou and Wakaba, god forbid, the parents would care more about making money for themselves than for the child. The child would grow up with nannies and butlers, but no parents. That sucks!!!!!
Hinata turned out just fine... in fact, more than fine, so a parent's wealth/job duties doesn't necessarily mean anything IMO.

And I agree Wakaba will be a good influence on Pill Bug, and maybe even the other way around... maybe even Wakaba and Pill Bug will complete each other's personality... but this is not Jerry Maguire... completion is not necessary for happiness IMO... neither is true love. I think Shindo-san compliments Wakaba's personality better... they will be happy enough together, and with Shindo-san I believe Wakaba can achieve her true potential.

Actually... IMHO... Wakaba is so awesome she doesn't even need a man right now... she should just dump both of them and follow her dream on her own. :salut: LOL.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 27th, '11, 09:45

Yukizboy wrote:Wakaba is totally going to blow it... even if she doesn't love him now... Shindo-san is the type of guy that you can definitely grow fond of later on and eventually fall in love with once you get to know him better. IMO all she feels for Pill Bug right now is puppy love.
I'm so glad someone agrees with me! I'm totally with you on the puppy love point.
Yukizboy wrote:I think Shindo-san complements Wakaba's personality better... they will be happy enough together, and with Shindo-san I believe Wakaba can achieve her true potential.
I agree with this as well, it's not like Wakaba was unhappy before Souta turned up. She was pleased to finally getting closer to her dream of becoming a top-lawyer. Shindou can understand her dream in a way that Souta can't.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 27th, '11, 12:15

SSpiegel wrote:I'm just thinking, if the roles were reversed... would anyone be saying anything? Would someone say "well, that single mother shouldn't be pursuing an ambitious career man, they'd make a terrible couple!"?
Hmmm... I was thinking about this... not the "single mother" or "terrible couple" thing; just the whole "male-female, different scenario" dynamic.

Thinking upon all the J-dramas I've watched; I've noticed that I have a built-in bias. For example... I fully expect a man to give up on his dreams in the pursuit of love, but I don't expect (or even desire) for a woman to do likewise in the same situation.

IMO It is up to the man to play the fool, to sacrifice, to woo... all in the name of love (cuz that's what men do... we're cool like that 8) , lol) and then it is up to the woman to either accept our gallant efforts or obliterate our fragile hearts (cuz that's what women do... life is cruel like that :fight: , lol).

The thing with Shota-san... he sacrificed his dreams not for love (well, not that kind of love anyway, lol), but instead he did it for PItaro's sake... so yah, he gets no points from me in my book. LOL.

However... if Wakaba and Shota-san were able to be together and Wakaba was still able to become the Phoenix Wright King of Lawyers :salut: ... then I would have no problem with them being together. I just don't see that happening though.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Aug 27th, '11, 16:58

Yukizboy wrote:Oh I forgot to mention I really liked Wakaba's hairdo in this ep. :wub: and also the fact that she is wearing dresses now. :wub: LOL.

I disagree... Shindo-san wants someone he can trust and depend on; the fact that that person looks like Yui Aragaki :wub: is just a bonus. LOL.
Do we really know Shindo-san is someone who can be trusted and depended on? We've only seen him through seven episodes. Furthermore, all Wakaba cares about with him is his money. She can accomplish her own dreams without him if she's truly as ambitious as she's advertised. To go to him and depend on his wealth would show a lack of ambition on her part. She would be better suited with Shouta who has to actually work hard for his and Pitaro's living.
Yukizboy wrote: Hinata turned out just fine... in fact, more than fine, so a parent's wealth/job duties doesn't necessarily mean anything IMO.
Remember, she is only a 5 year old kid and you really don't know how they'll turn out until their at least teenagers. Also, as we saw in episode 6, Hinata's mom tends to worry about the well being of her giant law firm more often and neglects her own responsibility as a parent.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 27th, '11, 17:15

mrsmith10 wrote:Do we really know Shindo-san is someone who can be trusted and depended on? We've only seen him through seven episodes.
It's true we don't see much of him which I think is a shame. If we knew more about him it would be more interesting when Wakaba has to make her choice. I know people in the office keep saying stuff about him being a flirt, wanting to take over etc but we never actually see him do anything like that. All we see is him in a meeting, spending time with Wakaba or standing about in the office.
mrsmith10 wrote:Furthermore, all Wakaba cares about with him is his money. She can accomplish her own dreams without him if she's truly as ambitious as she's advertised. To go to him and depend on his wealth would show a lack of ambition on her part. She would be better suited with Shouta who has to actually work hard for his and Pitaro's living.
As Shindou seems to be a top lawyer I'd say he has to be working at least as hard as Souta does. It's true that Wakaba could accomplish her dreams on her own but she accomplish it a lot sooner with Shindou. She grew up with nothing so getting what she wants sooner rather than later is probably a very attractive prospect. I don't think it shows a lack of ambition, she still wants to be good at her job and she can't and doesn't rely on him to do that for her.
Last edited by emma-ba on Aug 27th, '11, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Aug 27th, '11, 20:45

OK everyone should know my stance on this topic from previous submissions. I just find it funny that upon opening up Yahoo, I see this to put before this group. I think it pertains to what we are all talking about.

9 things guys say should never be fake about you

6. What goals you’d like to achieve in the future
Don’t approach him as a high-powered career girl and then, once you move in together or get married, decide to quit working to stay home all the time. Men like to feel that they know what type of partner you will be down the road, and if you are secretly hiding a passion to work abroad, become a soccer mom, or dig into a few more degrees, he needs to know this so that he can make a more informed decision about your overall relationship compatibility. The truth is, he has a picture of the “ideal” family life in his mind — just like you do.

Yes I am just showing number 6 if you want to see all of them, click on Yahoo.

What would Wakaba be like if she had grown up middle-class? Maybe better adjusted?
I cannot see Shindo playing or getting down and dirty with kids, not at all. Become a great lawyer, not a parent, remember this drama is , more or less, about kids.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 27th, '11, 21:34

Well, leave it to a silly Japanese rom-com to once again show us just how different people's views and values are.