[Discussion] Don Quixote

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Jul 26th, '11, 13:36

I'll start first (and yes I intend to do another post right after the top post to keep the 1st post clean. don't flame me for not editing my post :)

It's so much fun to watch Matsuda Shota play as both Shirota and as Sabashima. :D
I think when Matsuda acted as Shirota, he didnt play him as such a mundane and nerdy guy Takahashi (the actor who plays the yakuza role) made him out to be. but maybe it's just b/c i'm such a Matsuda Shota fangirl who think whatever role he plays looks interesting. :P

So while they probably wont switch bodies until near the end of the series, I'd totally have no problem if things go unexpected and they switch bodies midway into the series. :D :D

Matsuda Shota's Shirota is really cute esp in specs.

but let's not turn this thread into just a spazz place for fangirls (that is me), I'll post a simple question

What's stopping Sabashima to tell his wife about body-swapping? Why is he not telling her?

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Aug 14th, '11, 15:07

I just started 3 episodes today. It was surprisingly funny and entertaining. 3 eps and this drama becomes my 3rd rank for this summer season with Soredemo and IS taking 1st and 2nd respectively. Oh, I have to mention that I find it rather boring before the swapping taking place. After that it was a smooth ride.

Japanese drama have many production that using languages other than Japanese. I think this is a first to Spanish, rite? that guy accent at the beginning is quite funny.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Aug 14th, '11, 15:12

iLLusiOnEr wrote:I just started 3 episodes today. It was surprisingly funny and entertaining. 3 eps and this drama becomes my 3rd rank for this summer season with Soredemo and IS taking 1st and 2nd respectively. Oh, I have to mention that I find it rather boring before the swapping taking place. After that it was a smooth ride.

Japanese drama have many production that using languages other than Japanese. I think this is a first to Spanish, rite? that guy accent at the beginning is quite funny.
I love this show too and surprisingly, my ranking is the same as yours! My 4th place is Zenkai Girl. :lol

antspace

Post by antspace » Aug 15th, '11, 14:30

After seeing ep 5 I have to rank it as my second favorite series at the moment. First being Soredemo and third being Gou. It's amazing how much fun this series exhumes :D The whole body swap thingy has been done so many times, but it still works if done right! I loved Ayumi in ep. 5. Glad she got a chance to shine :-) I never really liked Matsuda, but have to revise my opinion completely.
It was great to see him try to emulate Shirota's manners in ep 5, but gradually returning to the Sabashima ways

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Aug 16th, '11, 13:14

Glad to see people are enjoying this series. ^_^

It's my no.1 series the season! (well that's not saying much considering I'm watching only one. but i've tried quite a few and decide to follow only this one, so... :)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 16th, '11, 23:07

Love this series to bits! xD Shota is really awesome. I wonder if the kids will recognize Sabashima in his own body in the end, though I secretly hope they won't return to normal lol

b.19

Post by b.19 » Aug 17th, '11, 11:31

Does anyone know the quick spanish song that plays in every episode? I like it so much but I can't find its name or artist either :-(. Can you help me? Thanks in advance:-)

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Aug 18th, '11, 08:56

@b.19 I asked don quixote official twitter account (@dq_ntv) and the answer is "Tema de Don Quijote" (Theme of Don Quixote?) ^^;;

It's included in the OST album to be released soon.
You can view the tracklist here
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/miyamexico/e/d964 ... 0e347de98a

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Sep 3rd, '11, 18:34

who is the girl in ep 7? can't find any credit for her in wiki page.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Sep 3rd, '11, 19:52

I think, i saw this girl somewhere.
This ears are easy to remember oO_Oo

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Sep 4th, '11, 00:25

At japanese wiki I found her name, Hana Sugisaki (杉咲 花) http://www.ken-on.co.jp/artist/sugisaki.html

She did not play in any drama yet (her japanese wiki listed 2 comercial, Don Quixote ep7 and Ouran Host club ep7)

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Sep 7th, '11, 12:50

ep8 was great :) many cute + LOL moments

seems like the series is confirmed to have 11 episodes in total with the last ep airing on Sep, 24th.

and Nozomi-chan will guest start in ep9 ^_^

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Sep 21st, '11, 20:20

One of the better dramas this season. Nice twist on the switching bodies story, and well written and acted. Flows well for a silly, non-realistic drama, and storylines work well each eps. Catchy sort of watch.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 2nd, '11, 00:28

I think it was quite a good drama, propably the best of this season...though this doesn't mean much because this season was rather weak.
The biggest letdown is, that there wasn't more of a "main" arc. Still, it was quite funny, but the ending seems to rushed to mee. The change back in each others person was so squeezed in...10 minutes more epilogue would've been nice. Ah, and the change of the other two guys at the end was hilarious. :)
Over all, I think it earned a 6,5/10.

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » Oct 9th, '11, 07:14

i loved this series! i wasn't expecting much from this cliche genre but it was pretty funny hahaa. matsuda's a good actor as always! i liked the good msg it conveyed and the humor, but sometimes i thought the situations were a bit too idealized. i mean it's not easy for bad parents to change their ways... but i guess this gives us hope that all parents will want to take good care of their kids after realizing their wrong ways!

k361 wrote:I think, i saw this girl somewhere.
haha i find quite a few japanese stars have those ears that stick out... a japanese genetic trait i guess?

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Nov 14th, '11, 15:55

crazypilovee wrote:
k361 wrote:I think, i saw this girl somewhere.
haha i find quite a few japanese stars have those ears that stick out... a japanese genetic trait i guess?
Sugisaki (Sugichiki in dramawiki?) Hana plays in Yokai Ningen Bem.

http://asianmediawiki.com/Hana_Sugisaki

I think that not many japanese actress has standing ears.