[Discussion] Zenkai Girl

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Aug 27th, '11, 22:34

You are so right SSpiegel.
Somewhere in D-Addicts someone said that they did NOT like JDrama because it was too moralistic.
They should read this discussion and maybe they would understand why it is needed.
There was a great quote at the end of the KDrama "Fugitive Plan-B"

"Desire creates a future, but greed kills it"

I wonder if anyone saw "Kimi wa Petto", same idea.

If Wakaba ends up with Shindo, then she should have stayed with the helicopters in Code Blue.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 28th, '11, 00:38

mrsmith10 wrote:Do we really know Shindo-san is someone who can be trusted and depended on? We've only seen him through seven episodes.
Fair enough, but IMO we have to extrapolate from what little we've seen. First, Hinata's mom hired him, she is a pretty good judge of character IMO and if she trusts Shindo-sensei to handle the biggest cases then he must be pretty trustworthy and dependable.

Second, Shindo-san's mom looks like a person that wouldn't tolerate anything but the best from her son... IMO he would have been raised proper and well. Plus, Shindo-san's mom approves of Wakaba... Shindo-san approves of Wakaba... I approve of people who approve of Wakaba. :D LOL.
mrsmith10 wrote:Furthermore, all Wakaba cares about with him is his money.
In the beginning most people like someone for superficial reasons, it is only later that we find out other reasons to love them or hate them. I give Wakaba a pass on her initial money-grubbing sensibilities. (But to be 100% honest, I will probably give Wakaba a pass on everything because she looks just like Yui Aragaki :wub: , lol.)
mrsmith10 wrote:To go to him and depend on his wealth would show a lack of ambition on her part. She would be better suited with Shouta who has to actually work hard for his and Pitaro's living.
IMO when choosing a life partner all variables must be considered. Wakaba has been scraping and clawing her entire life... I don't begrudge her wish to have a wealthy husband and an easy, but hard working lifestyle from here on out. Happiness is relative and always evolving; Wakaba just needs to do some serious soul searching IMO and then she will realize what she truly wants... which IMO is to be the best lawyer she can be.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 28th, '11, 00:49

el_canuck wrote:What would Wakaba be like if she had grown up middle-class? Maybe better adjusted?
Probably, but then she wouldn't be Wakaba anymore; not the Wakaba that both Shindo-sensei and Shota-san (and me, lol) find so fascinating anyway.
el_canuck wrote:I cannot see Shindo playing or getting down and dirty with kids, not at all. Become a great lawyer, not a parent, remember this drama is , more or less, about kids.
Everybody has their own way of relating to kids or showing their love; Shota-san always seems to think his way is the best, but that is not for him to judge IMO.

And IMO Zenkai Girl is not about kids... it is about a girl going full throttle through life... and all the speed bumps she hits along the way. 8)

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Aug 28th, '11, 01:28

Yukizboy, you seem to have all of the answers, how old are you? 12?

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 28th, '11, 02:11

el_canuck wrote:Yukizboy, you seem to have all of the answers, how old are you? 12?
Nope. But I am only watching Zenkai Girl... nothing else... so my focus and concentration is 100% on Zenkai Girl and no other J-drama. :whistling: And I don't have any answers... only opinions. :-)

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Aug 28th, '11, 15:12

I am really enjoying how this thread is moving fast with different opinions about the drama and the characters. It only shows how engrossed and attentive we are to the jdorama.

The only thing that keeps shota and wakaba apart from each other is that they are not resolved with their emotions. We all know they like each other but they themselves are afraid that if they will follow their heart, they are afraid they would get hurt or rejected. The ending song of kanjani8 actually says it all.... to quote a portion of it " Again and again I can't speak properly about my love... I've ended up making you angry again..." exactly what is happening between our two leads.

Understandable for wakaba since I presume this is her first love but for Shota, I think I can presume that this is the first time where he is really IN LOVE and not loving out of pity (ririka as an example, not sure about the nurse etc).

Somebody has indeed to step up if they want their relationship to officially start (they are actually already sort of together but they haven't noticed it yet he..he..). However, we have to consider that this is a DRAMA so we expect this to happen one or two episodes before the series ends. he..he.. otherwise, the drama will lose track of its theme.

The drama's main plot for me is that there is nothing wrong in pursuing your dream but that should not deter you from being happy about your personal life as well (with compromise, of course!) Wakaba can still be the Hawk of Manhattan though not married to Shindo but to Shota, since Shota's character is the forgiving and understanding type. He may not be the aggressive one but the guy knows what to tell wakaba when he wants and feel it.
He said it himself that what's important to him is not status and money but the small rays of happiness under his own two feet (see episode 4). Shota is really rare nowadays, you know.

Anyway, this may not be about the kids but Hinata and Pitaro are the key to make our two leads realized their feelings once and for all (in fact its ongoing every episode). Adults think too much, but these two are so carefree that they just want wakaba and shota to decide fast. The two kids believes that action speaks louder than words.

This drama never cease to surprise me between our two leads interaction. And may i say, they have the best cliffhanger every episode. what you think? :D

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Aug 30th, '11, 09:02

counsel05 wrote:The only thing that keeps shota and wakaba apart from each other is that they are not resolved with their emotions. We all know they like each other but they themselves are afraid that if they will follow their heart, they are afraid they would get hurt or rejected.
I think Shota pretty much knows and accepts how much he likes Wakaba; he's just too insecure and unsure of himself to go after her IMO. But I can't really fault him for that... I mean Wakaba is so "hot" and "cold" towards him at any given moment it must be really confusing. I mean one minute she is all nice to him and the next minute she is telling him basically to "stay away." I kind of feel sorry for Pill Bug sometimes. LOL.
counsel05 wrote:The ending song of kanjani8 actually says it all.... to quote a portion of it " Again and again I can't speak properly about my love... I've ended up making you angry again..." exactly what is happening between our two leads.
That's pretty interesting; especially since I always just skip the intro and ending song parts of a J-drama. LOL.
counsel05 wrote:Understandable for wakaba since I presume this is her first love but for Shota, I think I can presume that this is the first time where he is really IN LOVE and not loving out of pity (ririka as an example, not sure about the nurse etc).
The nurse. LOL. That semi-flashback part of Shota's previous relationships was funny. And yah... maybe it is the first "real" love for each, but IMO Shota at least already had a serious relationship with someone and has learned and grown from its failure.

I would love for Wakaba to just date Shindo-sensei for a little while... fall in love with him... have her heart broken... whatever... just learn what it is like to be with someone. BUT! Shindo-san just had to propose to her. :sweat: Even though I currently (could change after each ep. though, lol) prefer Shindo-san... he is moving waaaaaay too fast IMO... they like only had one actual date I think... what's the rush?
counsel05 wrote: He said it himself that what's important to him is not status and money but the small rays of happiness under his own two feet (see episode 4). Shota is really rare nowadays, you know.
LOL. Well... granted, he does have the whole "I'm so sweet and sensitive, I dare you not to hug me when I'm crying" thing going for him; plus the fact that he looks like Ryo Nishikido probably helps his cause a lot too. LOL.
counsel05 wrote:Anyway, this may not be about the kids but Hinata and Pitaro are the key to make our two leads realized their feelings once and for all (in fact its ongoing every episode). Adults think too much, but these two are so carefree that they just want wakaba and shota to decide fast. The two kids believes that action speaks louder than words.
The problem is Wakaba only has one month left of babysitting duties I think... after that Wakaba and Shota-san may have no reason to run into each other again. Time's a running out... for both of them.
counsel05 wrote:This drama never cease to surprise me between our two leads interaction. And may i say, they have the best cliffhanger every episode. what you think? :D

I agree... the last five or so minutes always amps up the drama a couple of notches. My fav one was when Wakaba punched Shota in the face at the end of ep. 2. :fight: LOL.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 1st, '11, 02:41

Oh, the latest episode! My heart was all over the place!
I felt really bad for Wakaba and his dad. It was so sad how she was so ashamed of her dad and had distanced herself from him like that, while he had done all he could to support her. But let's face it, were often ashamed of our families for much lesser reasons, that's why I felt really conflicted.

I do wonder why Shindo's family was so ok with her dad and even took her dad's debts to pay. I mean, it's pretty clear that Shindo likes (?) Wakaba for her hard work and ambition, but he's a rich guy. Since they found out she's super poor with a mentally handicapped father, they didn't think she might be a gold digger? Shindo's mom even said "that's the sort of person we want in our family". What, because she was apologetic about taking their money, she must be an exceptionally good person? I dunno, the whole thing felt off. Just... too easy.

I'm a bit miffed that in every episode Shota must realize something important on someone else's behalf and get all preachy on them. I'd be super pissed off if he ever got on my case like that, and he does it in. every. episode! His like this vessel of self-realization for everyone else, but he just continues being a total coward. This is why I sometimes get tired of jdramas and their morality: they usually only use one character to convey the message, and it makes that one character a very tiring one.
Anyway, Zenkai Girl is still pulling on my heartstrings, so I'm a happy camper. And it's got Ryo, so... I'd still watch it even if it was a bit bad. :)

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 1st, '11, 09:15

SSpiegel wrote:Oh, the latest episode! My heart was all over the place!
I agree... watching episode 8 made me feel so conflicted; actually it sort of made me feel uncomfortable too.
IMO this episode was just... too much. It felt like they went the extra mile to make Wakaba's life even more complicated than it already is. First her dad shows up being the way he is, then random Yakuza dude from her past shows up too... Wakaba was so stressed out I just wanted to give her a giant hug. :wub: LOL.

At this point I am convinced Shindo-san is a good decent guy; he might be a cutthroat lawyer and play hardball when he needs to... but that's just business and you do what needs to be done to get ahead IMO... I won't fault him for that.

And it is nice that Wakaba can show her weak side in front of Shota... that is a very powerful card for Pill Bug to have in his deck. Especially with Wakaba who doesn't like to show her emotions... the fact that she can openly cry in front of him must be such a huge temptation for her to choose him instead of Shindo-sensei.

But I'm not sure that's a good enough reason for Wakaba to be with Shota... it just means she is more comfortable being around Pill Bug; it is only natural... she has spent more time with him in casual situations.

A husband and wife doesn't need to be all "soulmatey" and share all their feelings IMO... mutual respect and admiration is enough in the beginning... everything else can build upon that foundation later.

IMO Wakaba just needs to hurry up and decide what she wants... If I were her... I would still choose Shindo-san at this point. IMO he is the better bet 5 to 10 years down the road. They say money can't buy happiness... true enough, but poor people can't buy anything at all. At least with Shindo she and any potential children would probably never have to worry about money again, so Wakaba could 100% focus on being the best lawyer she can be.
This would be so much easier if Shota had Shindo's ambition and money and if Shindo had Pill Bug's sensitive and nurturing sensibility (and looks, lol). That way Wakaba could just flip a coin... end of drama. LOL.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Sep 1st, '11, 13:33

I guess it's supposed to be all about "feelings." Personally, I would pick Shindo and I also prefer his looks too - tall and cute. But maybe he has an evil side that's yet to be revealed. I don't think his ambition and interest in going independent or taking over the law firm should be a strike against him given Wakaba's ambitions. But since this drama is supposed to teach Wakaba that her values aren't right, I guess it will work against him.

I don't need my guy to be as sensitive and nurturing as Pill Bug and has been mentioned, he ends up being preachy. Who needs that in their life?

lol, but I love the line about money can't buy happiness but poor people can't buy anything. lol

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 1st, '11, 16:27

^ But it's not about Shindo being rich and good-looking and Shota being sensetive and nurturing.
It's about Wakaba actually really liking Shota, but having difficulties accepting it because there's another guy who would be a good match to her. So it doesn't matter what sort of guys they are, she's making a choice between love and convenience. Shindo doesn't have to be a bad guy in this.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Sep 1st, '11, 18:16

I already acknowledged that in my first sentence. It's all about feelings so I know why it's going this way. Just saying personally I'd pick Shindo.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Sep 1st, '11, 19:46

wakaba's dad is awesome

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Sep 1st, '11, 23:55

They say money can't buy happiness... true enough, but poor people can't buy anything at all
That's true, but Wakaba doesn't need someone to buy anything for her. She's ambitious enough where she can make her own fortune.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 2nd, '11, 00:26

12bucklemyshoe wrote:Personally, I would pick Shindo and I also prefer his looks too - tall and cute.
LOL. Shindo definitely looks good in a suit, but I wonder how he would look in just a t-shirt and shorts. :whistling: LOL. With Shota... we know what he looks like when he is unglamorous... with messy hair, like he just woke up... cuz he pretty much always looks like he just woke up. :lol He even looks good with a chef hat! And that's hard to do IMO.

Just imagine what Pill Bug would look like all cleaned up and with nice clothes. Probably something like SSpiegl's sig. 8) LOL. Plus... his smile... that is one dangerously joyfully boyish smile he has there.
12bucklemyshoe wrote:But since this drama is supposed to teach Wakaba that her values aren't right, I guess it will work against him.
Hmmm... now that you mention it... seems like everybody in the show is trying to teach Wakaba that her current beliefs are somehow inadequate... Shota, Principal dude, Pitaro, Hinata's mom, Hinata... it is like everyone has a life lesson to teach her about in every episode. Poor Wakaba. :blink LOL.
12bucklemyshoe wrote:It's all about feelings so I know why it's going this way. Just saying personally I'd pick Shindo.
Don't worry... I'm with-chya... Team Shindo FTW! Unless he like kicks a puppy in the next episode or something. :unsure: LOL.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 2nd, '11, 00:34

SSpiegel wrote:It's about Wakaba actually really liking Shota, but having difficulties accepting it because there's another guy who would be a good match to her. So it doesn't matter what sort of guys they are, she's making a choice between love and convenience.
I think this was true before Shindo proposed... but now that Wakaba is actually engaged, IMO it is even more complicated for Wakaba because of her policy, "When I take a task on, I am sure to see it through to the very end." Now Shota also has Wakaba's pride working against him... and of what I've seen so far... that is one formidable foe to have. XD LOL.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 2nd, '11, 00:48

ainhoa wrote:wakaba's dad is awesome
Makes me wonder what Wakaba's mom was like... other than the fact that she must have been one beautiful woman. :wub:
mrsmith10 wrote:That's true, but Wakaba doesn't need someone to buy anything for her. She's ambitious enough where she can make her own fortune.
Yup. Wakaba is awesome. :wub: LOL. But IMO... the thing is... just being with Shota might change or alter her current dream. Maybe she will find a different type of contentment with Pill Bug... a type of emotional fulfillment that will cause her to see life differently than she once had. Or maybe that "love" will inspire her to greater things... who knows.

I still believe if Wakaba really wants to be the Hawk of Manhattan... the quickest, most surest path lies at Shindo's side.

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Sep 2nd, '11, 05:26

Episode 8 is such a tearjerker for me!

Wakaba's dad is indeed a reflection of Shota. No wonder she tries so hard to hate him, since Shota is a mirror of the father she hates to be with, not because she does not care or love his dad but because she wishes that her dad would at least help himself to not just be contented of what they have but to dream big. Not to allow themselves to be abused but to assert themselves if they have to. But you know, there are just people that are simply happy and contented of what they have. It's just in the person's character that cannot be change overnight. What can you do if what they already have is what they just need and want and nothing else?

Sometimes in our lives we stop talking or being close to people that matters to us the most, perhaps we have change in one way or another that make us realize that there is more to life than being as simple as this. Its not just the issue of being happy but rather being more useful and being recognized as a person. I think that is what Wakaba wants in life. She knows she can achieve something big, so why not become one. The problem lies when she failed to acknowledge the fact that their is nothing wrong with just being happy & contented in simple things and the fact that back then she was happy being that way.

I am really hoping that wakaba's dad will be back at the end of the episode and wakaba will show her gratitude to him and tell him (in whatever best way) that "I am okay dad and you have nothing to worry about. You have raised me well and i thank you for that."

I would like to acknowledge the performance of the actors portraying wakaba's dad and the little wakaba. This episode has highlighted wakaba's childhood very well.

And may i say that there are no villains in this drama. even the loan shark guy i consider him pivotal to the maturity of wakaba. if its not for his goons and constant presence to ask payment, wakaba will not be a lawyer.

I noticed that there were a few scenes deleted in ep8 that were shown in the preview at the end of ep7, like when shota and wakaba were talking after "that hug" and when shota was back hug by soyoko when he was changing clothes. Was it intended for ep8 or next episode?

Mokkedano!

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 2nd, '11, 06:46

counsel05 wrote:Wakaba's dad is indeed a reflection of Shota. No wonder she tries so hard to hate him, since Shota is a mirror of the father she hates to be with, not because she does not care or love his dad but because she wishes that her dad would at least help himself to not just be contented of what they have but to dream big.
Yah, got this vibe as well. You're probably right... her initial resistance to Shota may in fact be just a natural reflex at this point because of her childhood resentment of her father.
counsel05 wrote:But you know, there are just people that are simply happy and contented of what they have. It's just in the person's character that cannot be change overnight. What can you do if what they already have is what they just need and want and nothing else?
These people kind of irritate me... or perhaps I am just jealous of them and am irritated with myself. LOL. It kind of reminds me of that famous Calvin and Hobbes sketch: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~dhsu/stuff ... ndwich.png LOL. After all... dreams are sole property of the dreamer. :sleeping:
counsel05 wrote:Sometimes in our lives we stop talking or being close to people that matters to us the most, perhaps we have change in one way or another that make us realize that there is more to life than being as simple as this. Its not just the issue of being happy but rather being more useful and being recognized as a person.
I agree... sometimes to find out who you really are... and what you really want... requires distance from those closest to you; self discovery is usually a solitary journey. However, IMO running from your past and running towards your future are not the same thing even though you are going in the same direction. IMO once Wakaba reconciles her emotions about her childhood and her father it will be easier for her to accept Shota... she took a giant step towards that in episode 8 IMO.
counsel05 wrote:I think that is what Wakaba wants in life. She knows she can achieve something big, so why not become one. The problem lies when she failed to acknowledge the fact that their is nothing wrong with just being happy & contented in simple things and the fact that back then she was happy being that way.
I agree. Like she has just spent the past 20 years or so fighting to get away from a simple and content (not necessarily poor) life that the thought of finding happiness with anything but her ideal life is somewhat reflexively repulsive to every atom in her body.
counsel05 wrote:I am really hoping that wakaba's dad will be back at the end of the episode and wakaba will show her gratitude to him and tell him (in whatever best way) that "I am okay dad and you have nothing to worry about. You have raised me well and i thank you for that."
That would be epic! In fact just reading that made me cry a little. :cry: LOL. I don't trust J-dramas to choose the emotionally satisfying resolution though... they like to play with your emotions those tricky J-dramas. :unsure: LOL.
counsel05 wrote:I would like to acknowledge the performance of the actors portraying wakaba's dad and the little wakaba. This episode has highlighted wakaba's childhood very well.
Little Wakaba is epic! 8)
counsel05 wrote:I noticed that there were a few scenes deleted in ep8 that were shown in the preview at the end of ep7, like when shota and wakaba were talking after "that hug" and when shota was back hug by soyoko when he was changing clothes. Was it intended for ep8 or next episode?
I noticed this too! Where was Soyoko hugging bare chested Shota from behind! That scene made me super excited for episode 8! LOL. And that "after hug" talk is pivotal to Wakaba's and Pill Bug's relationship IMO! I need to see that scene! LOL. I'm hoping it is a preview of episode 9... perhaps even a flashback scene.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Sep 2nd, '11, 07:54

This episode made me realize that 'Pill Bug' knows that she likes him and that he is ignoring it on purpose. He admitted that he is a cunning adult. I think he realizes that he can not give her the kind life he thinks she deserves so he is pretending not to know. I mean how many times has she confessed to him. In the elevator at her office, at her apartment, when she came running to the Ru Sato, the hug, etc. All it would have taken was one word from him and she would have not accepted the proposal. Now it is too late. They paid her father's debt. How can she back out now is probably what she is thinking now. I can't wait for the next episode.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 2nd, '11, 08:28

Lucille wrote:This episode made me realize that 'Pill Bug' knows that she likes him and that he is ignoring it on purpose.
Yah, they should pretty much both know they like each other by now with all the hugging and crying in each others' arms that has been going on as of late. :whistling: LOL.

If he was truly ignoring her feelings and leaving her alone; I would consider it rather noble on his part. But they keep running into each other... even though Tokyo is like a giant city... funny how that happens. :whistling: LOL.
Lucille wrote:All it would have taken was one word from him and she would have not accepted the proposal.
Also... Ririka showed up at the very moment Wakaba was about to confess... and Shindo just happened to call her on the phone to propose (Shindo is my man, but who proposes on the phone? You get down on a knee and embarrass yourself in front of everyone... that's how it is done IMO. :D LOL. Although... I have to admit, how he let Wakaba pick the ring was pretty cool.)

And Hinata told Wakaba that it was PIll Bug who was at her side when she was sleeping at the school. So Wakaba knows that Shota was the one who confessed to her while she was kinda sleeping. :sleeping:
Lucille wrote:Now it is too late. They paid her father's debt. How can she back out now is probably what she is thinking now.
Ooo... forgot about Shindo's family paying off the father's debt. I agree... that is kind of a hard thing to ignore or runaway from. Can't remember what the exact amount was, but Wakaba definitely seemed to think it was a significant amount.
Lucille wrote:I can't wait for the next episode.
Zenkai Girl day is currently my favorite day of the week. :D

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Sep 2nd, '11, 09:21

Yukizboy wrote:Ooo... forgot about Shindo's family paying off the father's debt. I agree... that is kind of a hard thing to ignore or runaway from. Can't remember what the exact amount was, but Wakaba definitely seemed to think it was a significant amount.
It was 5,000,000 yen which is a pretty massive amount...

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 2nd, '11, 09:42

emma-ba wrote:It was 5,000,000 yen which is a pretty massive amount...
Kay... just checked and as of a minute ago that equals to exactly $65,078... and 50 cents. :blink Man... I think Wakaba only makes around 250,000 yen per paycheck too... and most of that went to bills, cuz she only had like 60,000 yen left to buy clothes I think. She couldn't even pay back Shindo-san if she wanted to... not anytime soon anyway. A (super expensive) ring on her finger and what basically amounts to as a 5,000,000 yen betrothal gift. Don't know how she is gonna get out of this one. :lol

lissamae

Post by lissamae » Sep 2nd, '11, 12:39

Is is just me, or is Shindo hiding something? No clue what is could be, but that is my feeling. Shindo's role is hardly developed enough for him to be the one she ends up with.

The only thing left to consider is that countless dramas end with more of a 'girl realizes her true priorities thanks to the lead mean...and it ends with her sailing off into the sunset (or New York) to pursue her dream, leaving the boy (who she holds dear in her heart, but can't be with) behind'

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Sep 2nd, '11, 14:06

I didn't like the bit at the end when Souta apologised for looking at the book. At first I thought he just meant when he'd looked at the front. Then when he went on to talk about all her vaccinations and things I found it a bit creepy...

I think Wakaba isn't mature enough to get married. Shindou has invited her to his home, taken her on dates, he introduced to his mother, he knows she lives in a crappy place and doesn't have any problem with it. Wakaba just seems to see him as her 'marriage partner' and spends most of her time trying to hide the non-lawyer side of her life from him.

She ends up sharing a lot of things with Souta because they seem to have a knack of running into each other all the time and she's forced to share part of her life through childminding. I feel like they'd be better off as friends.

I think with that scene where Shindou was in a meeting they were trying to hint that he had a slightly devious side? But the guy to talking to him seemed a bit shady and I got the impression that he wanted to replace Hinata's mother anyway.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Sep 2nd, '11, 17:31

The problem is when Wakaba initially told Shindo that she'll marry him, she said it out of spite because Shota's ex just happened to show up. As I see it there's nothing wrong with either Shota nor Shindo's character, yet. Wakaba I think at times makes too many assumptions and early conclusions, something you wouldn't expect from someone of her education level.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Sep 2nd, '11, 22:03

mrsmith10 wrote:The problem is when Wakaba initially told Shindo that she'll marry him, she said it out of spite because Shota's ex just happened to show up. As I see it there's nothing wrong with either Shota nor Shindo's character, yet. Wakaba I think at times makes too many assumptions and early conclusions, something you wouldn't expect from someone of her education level.
I agree with you, but remember she is very emotionally immature. Her life has been taking care of her father, protecting herself from bullies, and studying. She's never had any type of normal relationship with another human. All she knows how to do is protect herself. I don't think she was being spiteful. I think she thought she dodged a bullet and came to her senses. Shota is a divorced man with a kid and no money. Ririka reminded her that she does not want that type of life. Also, she proposed to Shindo first.

Shota needs to man up. I know the one time he tried to confess he got shot down, but he has not tried it again. Shindo needs to come clean. We don't know what his true motives are. He doesn't love her. He started dating her to spite the boss. She is a smart but poor nobody from nowhere. So, why?

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 3rd, '11, 06:02

lissamae wrote:Is is just me, or is Shindo hiding something? No clue what is could be, but that is my feeling. Shindo's role is hardly developed enough for him to be the one she ends up with.
I have a feeling that he is going to make a lawyer move that Hinata's mom won't like... and therefore something that Wakaba won't like either. I agree though... we only ever see one side of him in the show; he is a very one dimensional character at this point... more like an afterthought and not leading man material.

Actually, he is kind of the "too good to be true" type; hope he doesn't turn out to be a swindler or something. :unsure: LOL.
emma-ba wrote:I didn't like the bit at the end when Souta apologised for looking at the book. At first I thought he just meant when he'd looked at the front. Then when he went on to talk about all her vaccinations and things I found it a bit creepy...
Uber creepy IMHO. :unsure: LOL. I find his intense curiosity about what Wakaba was like as a child somewhat unnerving to be honest.
emma-ba wrote:She ends up sharing a lot of things with Souta because they seem to have a knack of running into each other all the time and she's forced to share part of her life through childminding. I feel like they'd be better off as friends.
THIS! Shota doesn't need to be her boyfriend... they could just be close friends. Wakaba doesn't look like the type to have had a lot of friends, especially guy friends, so maybe she doesn't realize this option is open to her. Shindo = Wakaba's husband. Shota = Wakaba's best friend. Win/Win! :cheers: LOL.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 3rd, '11, 06:22

Lucille wrote:Shindo needs to come clean. We don't know what his true motives are. He doesn't love her. He started dating her to spite the boss. She is a smart but poor nobody from nowhere. So, why?
Hmmm... I'm not sure if Shindo loves Wakaba, but I think his feelings of wanting to be with her are genuine. Actually, I kind of forgot why he started dating her in the first place, but I think you are right that it had more to do with Hinata's mom and not Wakaba herself.

But I think while dating Wakaba he saw in her someone who was refreshingly honest and unpretentious... something he apparently is not used to at all. She also has some serious lawyer skills going on (and IMHO is also super pretty :wub: lol) ... so maybe that is what he is currently looking for... someone whom he can trust and watch his back as he goes independent. I think guys like to get married before they take that next big step, so that they have a kind of anchoring stability in their life as they move forward into the unknown.

Or you know... he could just be using Wakaba to take the fall for something that he is planning. I'm kinda worried now. :unsure: LOL. *counts the days until next ep*

m94

Post by m94 » Sep 3rd, '11, 11:58

I've collected some information about episode 9 & 10 :-)
- Wakaba will finally admit to Hinata that the person she loves is Pill Bug but, she can't abond her dream so she's going to marry Shindou. Souta will also tell Bitaro that the person he loves is Wakaba. (Episode 9) *FINALLY*

- Episode 9's Title is "For her future's sake, You're presence is just a nuisance! " (I "think" Shindou is telling this to Pill Bug!!!! If it's true then I really feel sorry for Souta, I'll go and slap Shindou :P ) I'm not sure who will tell this to who but, the title is correct.

- It seems that both Wakaba & Pillbug will have painful moments in episode 10 but even Hinata & Bitaro will feel pain for their love.(By Zenkai Girl's Screenwriter)

- The staff said that Gakky is going to wear a beautiful wedding dress :-) which means that Wakaba is going to get married, but to who? Is it a person she loves or not? (Episode 9)

- Ririka will come back from NewYork *AGAIN* (Not sure which episode)
I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!! :D :D :D :D :D

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Sep 3rd, '11, 20:11

m94 wrote:I've collected some information about episode 9 & 10 :-)
- Wakaba will finally admit to Hinata that the person she loves is Pill Bug but, she can't abond her dream so she's going to marry Shindou. Souta will also tell Bitaro that the person he loves is Wakaba. (Episode 9) *FINALLY*

- Episode 9's Title is "For her future's sake, You're presence is just a nuisance! " (I "think" Shindou is telling this to Pill Bug!!!! If it's true then I really feel sorry for Souta, I'll go and slap Shindou :P ) I'm not sure who will tell this to who but, the title is correct.

- It seems that both Wakaba & Pillbug will have painful moments in episode 10 but even Hinata & Bitaro will feel pain for their love.(By Zenkai Girl's Screenwriter)

- The staff said that Gakky is going to wear a beautiful wedding dress :-) which means that Wakaba is going to get married, but to who? Is it a person she loves or not? (Episode 9)

- Ririka will come back from NewYork *AGAIN* (Not sure which episode)
I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Sounds a bit over-dramatic to me. At times I think J-Dramas tend to fall into the habit of dragging everything on as long as possible, while the romance between the two leads goes nowhere until the end. It seems that this is where Zenkai Girl is heading. Although in the episode 9 preview at the end of episode 8 it did look like Wakaba was confessing to Shota, so we'll see.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Sep 4th, '11, 02:13

I leave for 5 days to go camping and fishing and all kinds of things happen.

1. Has anyone taken in account that the only one who has been married of the three is Pill Bug?
My brother got divorced and he said "that is it for me, once burned is enough". I think Pill bug is not so timid, he has been there. There are many men in this world who are absolutely petrified at the idea of getting married. Some say it takes a lot of guts to make a full commitment to another person and mean it.

2. Shindou has never said "I love you".

3. Wakaba is pretty timid herself, remember she was on her way to open up to Pill Bug when she saw and heard Rinka.

4. Looks change through the years, hopefully love does not. Marry for love.

5. Is anyone in this discussion group married, if not you are naive as hell.

6. I am married!!!

7. Remember it is forever (lifetime) (see #4)

It sure is great to be back where I have a computer again, caught some nice fish though.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 7th, '11, 02:36

Episode 9. :faint: Emotional rollercoaster to the max.
So, not only did Shota reject Wakaba, he also got himself deeper into sh*t by talking about Soyoko. That's stretching it a bit for me, but it's not only bad. The good thing about this is that Wakaba really needs to decide this thing for herself. She needs to decide what's good for her and what is right in her eyes. If she doesn't want to be that sort of a lawyer, she shouldn't be. If she doesn't really want a life next to a man like that, she shouldn't marry him. So maybe now she'll make those decisions for herself, without being influenced by the guy she liked reciprocating to her feelings.
I'm telling you guys, I'll be crazy before this drama ends. Or maybe my heart will give in because of all the dokidoki inducing moments. Please be over soon! :faint:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Sep 7th, '11, 13:51

I hate how they make Soyoko such a nice girl and compatible with Shota. Knowing her role is just minor and like a 'detonator' or a bridge for the main pair, I still can't help but be bothered when he uses her for the girl he really likes. In drama the other girl would accept it/realize later and get herself out of the picture, but it's hardly like that in rl. it's just down cruel for her, esp after what the preview looks like.. I know this sacrifice thing is inevitable in dramas, but srly, little originality wouldn't hurt.
Last edited by Nomanymore on Sep 7th, '11, 21:59, edited 2 times in total.

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Sep 7th, '11, 16:30

Yeah right Nomanymore, lack of originality again in Ep 9. That drama could have been very good :(

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Sep 9th, '11, 11:00

No matter how the ending lacks originality, such is befitting on how the story will wrap up (though I have no idea how they will end it).

I really appreciate how the supporting characters do not force their thoughts and emotions towards our two leads but rather opted to influence them in one way or another by saying to them the rights words just at the right moment. They let wakaba and sota sort their own feelings out of all the confusion and fear they have.

We all have our dreams in life and in fact some keeps a list on things they want to achieve but due to some circumstances or fate we either change our plans or take a turn. This i think what Wakaba is experiencing. For her, the goal is to become a topnotch lawyer and marry an AAA guy, thinking that it will make her happy and fulfilled. However, such dream took a turn when she became the nanny of Hinata, met Sota and Pitaro and the rest you all know what transpired. Such event led her to shift gears on her career path. If we might observe, the "dream" which Wakaba hoped for was technically achieved by her with "no sweat" and much challenge. I say so since she practically was just being herself, being all hardworking and giving her best all the time (which she has always been since she is a child) in everything she do. With such attitude and being all too honest (her father's legacy to her) she was able to capture the attention of Shindo. Now, everything is moving fast and wakaba realized that this is not the life she wants after all. After many problems and things encountered, she realized that the dream she had before is no longer the dream she wants to live with. Wakaba has matured and now wants to live a life with no regrets.

Sota, sota, sota. I can feel how much he hated himself for being poor, being weak and
always apprehensive (i appreciate that he acknowledges his weakness) plus liking a woman whom he taught is cruising a path entirely opposite of his'. But, Sota just had a reality check when Shindo confronted him. He had a realization himself of what he can give Wakaba in return. He knows Wakaba is a strong-willed woman and a stubborn one who do anything in order to reach her goal and prove a point and he likes her for being such. He wants her to achieve what she wants in life coz he is happy when she is happy. Unfortunately, wakaba's goal requires an environment which is of a different level. We cannot blame Sota for being threatened since he himself have some baggage to resolve (his career path, raising Pitaro etc).

Sota and Wakaba are so alike that it just so happen that the paths to their happiness and togetherness requires more maturity and decisiveness.

Shindo is a businessman. He knows what he wants and he will make sure that he can get what he wants. That is why being confident as he is, he decided to confront Sota once and for all. Shindo is marrying wakaba for the advancement of his career. And if ever he indeed developed a feeling towards Wakaba, it is more out of pride having a poor and weak Sota as an opponent.

I don't really pity Shindo and Soyoko nor consider them victims of our two leads, coz both of them know that the person they want/love don't really want/love them in return. They have the attitude which our two leads lack and that is persistence. Both cover their insecurities by chasing Wakaba and Sota more and more, using all the tactics they can to make our two leads becoming more confused and uncertain.

Hinata's mom sees herself in wakaba. She wants wakaba to learn by herself and hopes that she will not end up like her divorced and regretful (though successful in career). I think she wants Sota for her since he balances Wakaba's personality pretty well.

How many episodes does this drama have anyway? I'm just hoping for a happy ending (meaning our two leads ending up together ---- of course!). Can I request for another kiss between our two leads, this time Sota initiating it. he..he.. :wub:

m94

Post by m94 » Sep 9th, '11, 14:37

I've collected some information about episode 10 :-)
- According to Japanese people and threads, Zenkai girl's final episode is episode 11.

- Episode 10's title is "The two who'll go to their own road! I don't know why but, tears are not stopping from falling" (I think Wakaba is saying this to Souta or the way around)

- Samao (from the trio guys that loves Kujo) will say that Souta started dating the annoying stupid assistant girl :cussing:

- Yesterday, Zenkai girl's cast went to film at "Fuji Highland" and Today at the beach.

- I dunno if this rumour is true or not so plz don't believe it 100%. According to japanese people, there have been some sightings of saturday's filming. The filming was at midnight, Gakky, Ryo & a girl. The 3 were holding hands and walking, the girl was between them. I "think" that maybe Wakaba & Souta will get married and have a child. Maybe it's a scene that'll appear after 2 years or something like that. (I'm really not sure if this spoiler is true or not but, this is what Japanese ppl are saying. Well, we'll see if it's true or not in episode 11)

If I found more info I'll just add them :-)
Last edited by m94 on Sep 10th, '11, 18:46, edited 3 times in total.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Sep 9th, '11, 20:43

I don't think Sota hates himself for being poor. I think he's quite content with his poverty otherwise he'd try to do something about it. It doesn't seem to bother him at all. And he already knew early on that he couldn't give Wakaba what she needed. When he saw her with Shindo in episode 4, he knew right then. The guy is just a coward who can't confess. He already planned on throwing in the towel when he was her in the wedding gown so what difference did it make that Shindo spoke to him? Perhaps that his reply would have been different. Maybe. But he wouldn't have confessed to her first - that's for sure.

And as for Shindo, Wakaba brought up marriage first so in a sense, he is a victim.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 10th, '11, 06:37

Episode 9
SSpiegel wrote:Episode 9. :faint: Emotional rollercoaster to the max.
Episode 9 messed me up... I'm all emotionally confused now. :unsure: LOL.
SSpiegel wrote:So, not only did Shota reject Wakaba, he also got himself deeper into sh*t by talking about Soyoko.
I agree 100%... this really frustrated me. Lying to yourself is one thing... when your lie will eventually hurt someone else... especially someone as sweet as Soyoko... that just ticks me off. :crazy: LOL.
SSpiegel wrote:The good thing about this is that Wakaba really needs to decide this thing for herself. She needs to decide what's good for her and what is right in her eyes. If she doesn't want to be that sort of a lawyer, she shouldn't be. If she doesn't really want a life next to a man like that, she shouldn't marry him. So maybe now she'll make those decisions for herself, without being influenced by the guy she liked reciprocating to her feelings.
I agree 100% again... Wakaba did it! She confessed! (I'm so proud of her :thumleft: lol) That is the main thing IMO... everything is now laid out on the table. She confessed her feelings, so she is not running away from them anymore. She knows what type of lawyer she will be if she stays with Shindo-san. All she needs to do now is decide.
SSpiegel wrote:I'm telling you guys, I'll be crazy before this drama ends. Or maybe my heart will give in because of all the dokidoki inducing moments. Please be over soon! :faint:
How many episode are left? 2? And I seriously hope there isn't like a SP episode or something... I don't think that would be good for my mental health. :unsure: LOL.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 10th, '11, 07:28

Episode 9
counsel05 wrote:We all have our dreams in life and in fact some keeps a list on things they want to achieve but due to some circumstances or fate we either change our plans or take a turn. This i think what Wakaba is experiencing. For her, the goal is to become a topnotch lawyer and marry an AAA guy, thinking that it will make her happy and fulfilled.
I still think Wakaba's main dream is to become an uber successful lawyer first... having a AAA guy is a secondary goal. LOL. Now I think she has to decide what type of lawyer she wants to be. Being with Shindo probably means she has to be the type of lawyer that protects the big wigs at all cost, even at the expense of the little guys. Not sure if that is what Wakaba really wants.
counsel05 wrote:After many problems and things encountered, she realized that the dream she had before is no longer the dream she wants to live with. Wakaba has matured and now wants to live a life with no regrets.
I agree Wakaba is maturing, but I don't feel that her previous dream is proving invalid... it is just that she now realizes that life has more options for her to consider and dreams are more complicated and nuanced than they first appear.
counsel05 wrote:Shindo is a businessman. He knows what he wants and he will make sure that he can get what he wants. That is why being confident as he is, he decided to confront Sota once and for all. Shindo is marrying wakaba for the advancement of his career. And if ever he indeed developed a feeling towards Wakaba, it is more out of pride having a poor and weak Sota as an opponent.
At this point I disagree... I think Shindo genuinely admires Wakaba's work ethic and wants to make her dreams come true. He realizes that he is currently in a better position to do that right now than Pill Bug, so he confronted Shota with this truth.

To be honest I am not sure how I feel about that scene. My initial reaction was that Shindo-san was kind of acting like an elitist arrogant jerk, but then... maybe that was just him fighting for Wakaba in his own way. I mean Wakaba is his fiancee afterall... he should have the right to confront someone who wants to make a move on his girl. I'm still conflicted about how he did it though. :unsure:

IMO it would have been much cooler if they had duked it out fisticuffs style :fight: ...although both of them look as fragile as ice sculptures. LOL.
counsel05 wrote:Hinata's mom sees herself in wakaba. She wants wakaba to learn by herself and hopes that she will not end up like her divorced and regretful (though successful in career).
I thought that flashback scene with Hinata's mom and Principal dude was epic! :lol LOL. I love how in J-dramas they always make the high school bad boy wear a red shirt with a black jacket with extra long tails and have them with big elvis hair... that look is so awesomely funny! :D
counsel05 wrote:Can I request for another kiss between our two leads, this time Sota initiating it. he..he.. :wub:
I agree! That drunk kiss with Shota shouldn't count! And now that you mention it... I don't think Shindo ever kissed Wakaba (cannot remember)... I mean he almost kissed her, but then Shota keeps ruining the moment. LOL.

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Sep 10th, '11, 13:51

m94 wrote:I've collected some information about episode 10 :-)
- According to Japanese people and threads, Zenkai girl's final episode is episode 11.

- Episode 10's title is "The two who'll go to their own road! I don't know why but, tears are not stopping from falling" (I think Wakaba is saying this to Souta or the way around)

- Samao (from the trio guys that loves Kujo) will say that Souta started dating the annoying stupid assistant girl :cussing:

- Yesterday, Zenkai girl's cast went to film at "Fuji Highland" and Today at the beach.

If I found more info I'll just add them :-)
Thank you very much for the spoilers. So now the trio guys think Wakaba is better than Soyoko. hmmmmm Now they start to shift alliance. :P :thumleft:

I'm looking forward for more info. I'm loving the new update from m94. If that is true, that is definitely a happy ending for me! :cheers: :lol

By the way, I have observed in Zenkai girls official site at fujitv that there is not a single photo of Ryo in the summaries or even in any sub-topics of the site. the only one i saw is on the chart, which does not count for me. why is that? :unsure:

@yukizboy thank you very much for all your thoughts and most especially the calvin & hobbes comic strip. i really like it. (it really fits well with my comment):D

m94

Post by m94 » Sep 11th, '11, 09:04

By the way, I have observed in Zenkai girls official site at fujitv that there is not a single photo of Ryo in the summaries or even in any sub-topics of the site. the only one i saw is on the chart, which does not count for me. why is that? :unsure:
Because Ryo is a "johnny's" and johnny's pics aren't allowed to be on drama & entertainment news websites.

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Sep 11th, '11, 14:45

m94 wrote:
Because Ryo is a "johnny's" and johnny's pics aren't allowed to be on drama & entertainment news websites.
Really? They are that exclusive? :O Now that is new to me. Thanks for the info i'm really learning a lot of inside scoops from you. :D

kalayaan

Post by kalayaan » Sep 13th, '11, 12:03

m94 wrote:
AFAIK, JE already lifted that ban.

By the way m94, by any chance do you work within the Japanese entertainment industry? Thanks.

m94

Post by m94 » Sep 13th, '11, 16:17

Zenkai Girl's Episode 11 Summary :-) :-) :-)
- Wakaba, Souta & Hinata will go to the airport to farewell Ririka & Bitaro.

- The girl that'll be between Wakaba & Souta and holding their hands is Hinata.(This is what Japanese ppl are saying right now *lol*)

- Something will happen at Sakuragawa's Law office but there are things that I didn't understand so I'll skip some of them, The only thing that I understood is that Sakuragawa will let Shindou be the representive of NY. When Wakaba hears about this, she decides to follow him.

- On the other hand, Souta decides to travel to France with Soyoko at the same day that'll be Wakaba's wedding. The "poor" Soyoko asks him the reason for choosing it at Wakaba's wedding day. Souta (directly and clearly) says that it's better if he's not around for "Wakaba's sake"!! Poor Soyoko realizes Souta's real intention and gets shocked! (I think FINALLY and AT THE LAST MOMENT she'll realize that Souta doesn't even care about her or even love her, the guy's head is full of Wakaba ONLY! I'm looking forward to see her SHOCKED EXPRESSION :cheers: :cheers: )
I really dunno how the hell they'll end up EVERYTHING in episode 11! Though, It will be interesting if they do an SP or a movie sequel where Wakaba & Souta are in NY! :D
Last edited by m94 on Sep 13th, '11, 16:26, edited 2 times in total.

m94

Post by m94 » Sep 13th, '11, 16:19

By the way m94, by any chance do you work within the Japanese entertainment industry? Thanks.

Nope! I don't even live in Japan.

kalayaan

Post by kalayaan » Sep 14th, '11, 06:40

Then how the heck do you have all these "inside info" and spoilers? :blink

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Sep 14th, '11, 07:38

m94 wrote:Zenkai Girl's Episode 11 Summary :-) :-) :-)
- Wakaba, Souta & Hinata will go to the airport to farewell Ririka & Bitaro.

- The girl that'll be between Wakaba & Souta and holding their hands is Hinata.(This is what Japanese ppl are saying right now *lol*)

- Something will happen at Sakuragawa's Law office but there are things that I didn't understand so I'll skip some of them, The only thing that I understood is that Sakuragawa will let Shindou be the representive of NY. When Wakaba hears about this, she decides to follow him.

- On the other hand, Souta decides to travel to France with Soyoko at the same day that'll be Wakaba's wedding. The "poor" Soyoko asks him the reason for choosing it at Wakaba's wedding day. Souta (directly and clearly) says that it's better if he's not around for "Wakaba's sake"!! Poor Soyoko realizes Souta's real intention and gets shocked! (I think FINALLY and AT THE LAST MOMENT she'll realize that Souta doesn't even care about her or even love her, the guy's head is full of Wakaba ONLY! I'm looking forward to see her SHOCKED EXPRESSION :cheers: :cheers: )
I really dunno how the hell they'll end up EVERYTHING in episode 11! Though, It will be interesting if they do an SP or a movie sequel where Wakaba & Souta are in NY! :D
As always, thank you very much m94 for such reliable spoilers. @kalayaan and I do have the same questions on where you get all these "insider" news :salut: :D (not that I'm complaining :P , in fact very happy).

Though I haven't seen ep10 yet but have read lots of spoilers and seen lots of pics, I am already heartbroken on how things turn out, most especially at the end (another epic cliff hanger). I think its really not because of the scenes but because I am having separation anxieties already :cry: :cry: :cry:. I don't want the drama to end since it so good for me to let go of it soon, but since this is a drama that has to end or else will be watching nonsense scenes (which I don't like) I have to prepare myself next week for it. :-(

Is it not every last episode of jdramas they tend to extend a few more minutes (close to an hour or more) to wrap things up? I wish the writers can manage to squeeze things into place and give us one lovely, unforgettable and heartfelt ending for sota and wakaba. :wub: :-)

m94

Post by m94 » Sep 14th, '11, 09:03

kalayaan wrote:Then how the heck do you have all these "inside info" and spoilers? :blink

I just search for them in Japanese websites :-)

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Sep 14th, '11, 09:22

OMG a million times :cry: this episode made my heart beat in different directions (if such is possible). I have never ever felt like these in a number of kdramas or jdoramas i have watched before. I may not have seen the ending yet but by far this is rated 101% for me. We may hate sota for his character but clearly such weakness character build up will hopefully pay-off in the end. I am so excited and nervous at the same time on how the writers will end this one.
I have a lot of things to say and comment about this episode that I don't know how to phrase it anymore. :P i am completely lost of words. How can i express it when even if sota is crying he is so still damn good looking :wub:
m94 wrote:
kalayaan wrote:Then how the heck do you have all these "inside info" and spoilers? :blink

m94 is right. i found a little addition to m94's spoiler ( i have been doing all these crazy searches just to know about zenkai's ending...anyway, here it goes.)
- Wakaba, Souta and Hinata send off Ririka and Pitaro.

- They finally have a meeting regarding Shouko stepping off~ Shindou loses due to Shouko’s backups blah blah.

- Shouko orders Shindou AND Wakaba to be in charge of the New York sectors.

- Completely defeated, Shindou plans to rebuild himself under Shouko, and to cancel their engagement. But seeing Shindou unusually weak like this, Wakaba decides that since he was what she had chosen, she would go to New York with him.

- Meanwhile, Souta tells Soyoko that they would leave for France on Wakaba’s wedding day. Confused, Soyoko asks Souta why it has to be exactly on that day. Souta says that it’ll be better for Wakaba’s sake if he wasn’t there. Soyoko receives a huge shock after she feels Souta’s real intentions.

- On Wakaba’s side, since the wedding is approaching, she clears her room…

credits goes to amesakurako for sharing this over at tumblr.
please let the ending not just a holding hands of our two leads. this is a challenge for the writer to make a good one just like their epic cliff hangers every episode.

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Sep 18th, '11, 22:42

Watched 1-10 over the weekend and i have to say...
Hinata and Pitaro are ADORABLE!!! :wub: Love watching scenes with the 2 of them! sososo cute!!
I think sometimes adults can learn from a child, just being honest and true to how they feel. Like little Pitaro confessing to Hinata :wub: Unrealistic but i'm sure a lot of us when it comes to confessing, asking someone out etc we make up countless scenarios, over analyze things, start to hesitate and get defensive, afraid of rejection and getting hurt. Everyone's been a child full of purity and innocence at one point, "naive" even, but then as we grow up, some of us learn to lie, some learn not to trust others, experiences that make us lose our innocence. We start to get defensive and protect ourselves, in Wakaba's case Shindou can give her stability, potential for her to further develop her career, a safe route that she can feel secure about.

But for Shota it's a different story, he's poor, he's indecisive about his dream, his views on money is the complete opposite of hers. However he's a constant reminder to her that you don't need money to find happiness, just sleeping together like the character "kawa" 川 you can feel the warmth and happiness as a family, the simplest things can give you happiness. Something Hinata has been lacking, she has a rich family, her own room etc but she's missing the warmth of a parent sleeping with her.

Wakaba worked hard to reach where she is now and thought she knew what she wanted but then meeting Shota turned her perfect world and plans upside down.
Can't wait to watch the ending. One more thing.... Hinata and Pitaro!!!! :wub::

m94

Post by m94 » Sep 20th, '11, 18:22

This is by Zenkai girl's Screenwriter. It's a thing that you have to read after watching episode 11. I'm not going to put it as a spoiler. so...

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"The reason Wakaba resigned from Sakuragawa's law firm.
Naturally, Alot of viewers wanted to know the reason of her resigning. There were some scenes that were cutted off by the director and especially on the wedding part! One of them is this....

Wakaba: Firmly, I love you.
Souta: But, what about your dream....
Wakaba: My dream wasn't to be the Hawk of Manhattan.
Souta: *Shocked*
Wakaba: I became a Lawyer for my Father's sake and for the sake of people who are weak. To protect people
who are like my Father, like Pill bug and like the Ru Satou people.
Souta: *Shocked*
Wakaba: The person that made me realize that was you.
Souta: ......
Wakaba: Please, please marry me. (They didn't cut this line)

and with this, viewers will know that Wakaba isn't a money lover. This was her true intention of becoming a lawyer from the beginning"

People this is 100% true. This is your choice to believe it or not. I just wanted to share something as a Gakky & a Ryo fan
:-)

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Sep 20th, '11, 22:11

i'm going to miss Wakaba, Shota, Hinata and Pitaro :(

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Sep 20th, '11, 23:13

I almost wish they'd do a "when they get older" series of Hinata and Pitaro! Lol

And yeah...they should've left that one part in - it changes the view. But I kinda got it even if they didn't actually say that.... You get that in the end.

I have to also say that the way they made everything come together was awesome - i was pleasantly surprised! Although - the fact that they didn't talk till they realized their dreams, that's just a bit silly imo
And Nishikado-san.. He really amazed me with his performance. I saw him in Ryuusei - but he really shined here. Some of those moments where he was crying or refraining from crying, it made me BELIEVE...I cried more with this dramas then lots of others I could've, all because of his acting. And damn.... I just wanna grab em and kiss em too :wub:

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Sep 20th, '11, 23:16

I thought I should share the MV I did on Zenkai Girl here. Here's the Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vdvASiNB8c

kalayaan

Post by kalayaan » Sep 21st, '11, 01:10

m94 wrote:

Argh! So you can read kanji and can also speak in Nihongo? I envy you! :cry:
Lludara wrote:I almost wish they'd do a "when they get older" series of Hinata and Pitaro! Lol
Me too. I laughed when Hinata told her new classmate that "It's tough being loved." These kids... :lol
Lludara wrote:And Nishikado-san.. He really amazed me with his performance. I saw him in Ryuusei - but he really shined here.
Haha. I believe otherwise. For me, he shined more in Ryusei no Kizuna than here in Zenkai Girl. I was convinced and moved by his acting in RnK.
m94 wrote:
People this is 100% true. This is your choice to believe it or not. I just wanted to share something as a Gakky & a Ryo fan
:-)
Thank you for posting the note of the writer.

I kinda knew that the reason she became a lawyer was because of her father and their misfortunes since she was a child. IMO, it was her drive for success that made her aspire to become a Hawk of Manhattan.

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Sep 21st, '11, 01:24

You know, Kalayaan, maybe it's not that he did a better acting job then in Ryuusei, because well, i'm a Nino girl...and i was probably fangirling alllll over him. So, yeah while i noticed him (enough to know his name and look for him in other dramas) i was probably eyeballing nino in every scene. So for me, I probably just had a chance to sit back and watch just him.

And ryoerika, Love that video - You did a great job with the cuts and the music!

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Sep 21st, '11, 02:16

Lludara wrote:And ryoerika, Love that video - You did a great job with the cuts and the music!
Thank you.

zweihander11
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zweihander11 » Sep 21st, '11, 02:22

What a great dorama, it made this summer pass by just smooth. Excellent acting and scripting plus full of emotion till the very end, I'ts one of my favorites ever...

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Sep 21st, '11, 20:17

One of the better written and acted dramas I've seen =D

Highly recommended if you want something 'new' in a love drama. Actors do a great job, and scenes move along smoothly. Gets better from the start through each eps., so it's a nice build up to the end.

Not a 100% realistic drama, but the way it's written, it all works well to drive the story along.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Sep 22nd, '11, 04:31

My final thoughts on Zenkai Girl
* A lot like Moto Kare in the sense that you have a bit of a love triangles, an ambitious career-oriented female lead along with a sometimes wishy-washy male lead. However, the characters on ZG are much more well developed.

* Also like Moto Kare it's somewhat disappointing that the sweet girl gets the short end of the stick, but it's much more tolerable here because of the two leads.

* Gakky was awesome as always, I also really liked Yakushimaru Hiroko in this drama. Second time I've seen her along with 1 Litre of Tears, excellent actress.

* Speaking of Yakushimaru, it was quite awesome how her character outsmarted and pwned Shindo when he tried to overthrow her from her position in the law firm.

* The kids were equally good actors as the adults in this drama, which was refreshing to see. It was also great to get a drama where the kids weren't annoying.

* One issue I had with this drama was the amount of cliche near-misses. Rather it was the ex-wife showing up when Wakaba's ready to confess or Shindo telling Shota to back off from Wakaba. At first it was expected from this type of drama but after a while it got repetitive and annoying.

* It also gets annoying seeing Hinata preaching to Wakaba at the last minute about following her feelings. Seriously, what to little kids know about love?

* The whole wedding thing played out was a little cheesy but clever.

* I do wish they did more with Shota's french chef plotline, particularly in the second half of the drama instead of just slap it together at the last minute and sending him off to France.

* I loved the ending, it was really cute.
Overall a good drama, but not one of my favorites yet. I think I'll do a re-watch to see how good it really is.

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Sep 23rd, '11, 06:28

Finally it has ended. No more exciting mondays for me and no more anticipation.
I have never felt so happy, mad, sad, disappointed, in love and all other mixed emotions in a drama before than this one.

I will surely miss the very honest, sweet and lovable Pitaro and Hinata.
I will also miss the hardworking, ever supportive and crazy "3 stooges" Samao, Bantam & Nishino (i was truly surprised when Bantam & Urara ended up together)
I will miss the hardworking, professional and emphatic (though not openly shown) Ms. Sakuragawa
and most importantly I will definitely miss Wakaba's stubbornness, Sota's sad "puppy eyes" and the chemistry between the two which is just perfect for me.

I commend the writers for writing a drama that is heartwarming and romantic at the same time.
In this drama I can see how human nature works well as perfectly portrayed by the characters.
You can really feel the overflowing emotions of each and every character.
Actually this is my first jdrama that I felt so moved since amongst the J-dramas i watched (which is not so many) this is more emphatic and naturally acted. I read somewhere that Japanese people are really not open to their emotions to other people, i think its actually in their culture that they tend to be more suppressed and laid back (as compared to Korean and chinese).
Just imagine when the quake and tsunami hit their country that their citizens manage to stay calm and composed (if that happens to another country i guess, panic is seen all over the place).
This maybe perhaps the reason why in their dramas we can see it that way, which may actually be a downside since others may think that the drama is underacting or the lack thereof. But in reality that is what is happening. But it works for me since I tend to concentrate more on the story and the characters rather than looking on who top billed in the drama. I concentrate more on the emotions based on the story rather than what is expected of the actor to portray (if you know what I mean). Just like the elevator scene of Wakaba and Sota, where there are not much of a conversation but you can feel how Sota was so humiliated and Wakaba felt sad and mad that he allowed himself to be looked down upon but instead of showing such care she transmitted anger and disappointment. If you look in their eyes though not much is said, you can feel what they are feeling at that exact moment.

I just hope that there will be a special that includes some deleted scenes and BTS like the back hug of Soyoko to Sota, the conversation between wakaba & sota after that exchange "big hug" and the send off party for Pitaro that was shown in the Mezamashi TV oh and also the inside info of m94 about the revelation of Wakaba to Sota in the proposal scene.

If a special is not possible then how about a Part 2, i know the writers can find a way to do another script for our fave characters.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 25th, '11, 11:34

Zenkai Girl Final Thoughts

Even though I've watched a bazillion J-dramas, Zenkai Girl was actually my first truly on-going J-drama, and man... it felt weird watching a series over the span of a couple of months instead of marathoning it within a few days. LOL. It really is a different experience IMO.

Hmmm... I think 98.5% of the reason I liked this J-drama is because I am a 100% Gakky Fanboy. :wub: LOL. I just love the way her face displays emotions. I doubt I would have liked this J-drama as much as I did if it had starred a different J-actress (okay, I would have also liked it if either Masami Nagasawa or Erika Toda had starred in it instead, lol).

Zenkai Girl was definitely a well made drama, with great performances and wonderful emotions throughout, but the love story itself was its greatest weakness IMO. Not to say it was bad, just not as epic as say... the ones from Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Buzzer Beat, or Proposal Daisakusen were. In those J-dramas every atom in my body for every second while I was watching the entire series I was yearning with all my heart for the couple to be together. For whatever reason I just didn't feel the same way about Wakaba and Pill Bug.

I did love the very end scene at the restaurant though... but it did kind of remind me of the J-drama Smile a little bit (also starring Yui Aragaki :wub: lol). And is it me or does like Ryo Nishikido's attractiveness drop like 40% when his hair is no longer messy? LOL.

I was so close to the ending I wanted... Wakaba and Shindo-san going to New York together to be the Hawks of Manhattan. That scene in which Wakaba comforted Shindo after his utter defeat was freaking epic IMO... good gawd Wakaba is awesome. And even though he didn't get the girl at least Shindo-san got to look all cool and noble at the end... and that is the main thing really... for the dude to look cool at the end. 8) LOL.
counsel05 wrote:If a special is not possible then how about a Part 2, i know the writers can find a way to do another script for our fave characters.
LOL. I hope not... that final shot of Wakaba and Pill Bug touching foreheads and smiling together is how I want to remember them. :D I can't even imagine Wakaba and Shindo-san doing that. :blink LOL. Nah... that dorky gleefully content smile the both of them had... that's the dream right there... so IMHO... that is where their story should end. :heart:

kennethzzz

Post by kennethzzz » Sep 27th, '11, 00:36

anyone know who is acting as ririka? Can't find any info on the web including dramawiki.

Yukizboy

Post by Yukizboy » Sep 27th, '11, 01:14

kennethzzz wrote:anyone know who is acting as ririka? Can't find any info on the web including dramawiki.
Hmmm... she did look familiar; I think she was also in Mop Girl. Reina Asami maybe? :unsure:

ishel99

Post by ishel99 » Oct 3rd, '11, 12:24

A question about one of the locations: the wedding garden scene in Ep 11. It's such a beautiful and prominent mountain-top location, surely it has to be somewhere well known? Can anyone help out with that location - where is that place?

gelatinreiko

Post by gelatinreiko » Oct 3rd, '11, 14:30

Yukizboy wrote:
kennethzzz wrote:anyone know who is acting as ririka? Can't find any info on the web including dramawiki.
Hmmm... she did look familiar; I think she was also in Mop Girl. Reina Asami maybe? :unsure:
Yes, she's Asami Reina. See HERE
ishel99 wrote:A question about one of the locations: the wedding garden scene in Ep 11. It's such a beautiful and prominent mountain-top location, surely it has to be somewhere well known? Can anyone help out with that location - where is that place?
Fruit Park Fujiya Hotel

http://www.fruitpark.jp/
http://www.fruitpark.jp/wedding/ceremon ... index.html

:D

ishel99

Post by ishel99 » Oct 3rd, '11, 23:41

gelatinreiko wrote:
ishel99 wrote:A question about one of the locations: the wedding garden scene in Ep 11. It's such a beautiful and prominent mountain-top location, surely it has to be somewhere well known? Can anyone help out with that location - where is that place?
Fruit Park Fujiya Hotel

http://www.fruitpark.jp/
http://www.fruitpark.jp/wedding/ceremon ... index.html

:D
Wow, thankyou so much... that hotel's setting is so beautiful. When we travel to Japan, would love to stay there a day or two - but the room cost (just checked on Tripadvisor) is almost USD $500 per night. Heh heh, guess it will be a dream only!

But as a setting for the type of conventional, romantic ending to this drama - isn't it so perfect? (Well, not quite the ending, but the climax anyway). The view is breathtaking.

EriKira

Post by EriKira » May 12th, '12, 21:40

Just watched till end.
And disappointed because the actors are not suit each other :-(
I don't get sense of romance in the last episode.
Not like while I am watching romance dorama such as Hana yori dango or proposal daisakusen or taiyou no uta :cry:
I am just giving applause to Tani Kanon and Pitaro :D
Both of these kids are really have talent