[TwDrama] Love Keeps Going

Discuss chinese drama series here.
MoonRaven

[TwDrama] Love Keeps Going

Post by MoonRaven » Jul 17th, '11, 03:01

Title: 美樂加油 / Mei Le Jia You
English title: Love Keeps Going, Mei Le Go!
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes:
Broadcast network: CTV
Broadcast period: 2011-Jun-05 to 2011-???-??
Air time: Sundays 22:00 to 23:30
Opening theme song: 不哭 (Don't Cry) by Cyndi Wang
Ending theme song: 黏黏黏黏 (Sticky Sticky) by Cyndi Wang

Synopsis

It all started when Zha Mei Le was just a little girl; she was care free and not really bright. She overheard her parents agreeing to a divorce and deciding which child should stay with who, both of them didn't want Mei Le, so Mei Le decided to change that. She started doing her best at everything, being well behaved, caring, obedient and even smart! She had tons of certificates, everyone enjoyed to be with her at work, and her boss just admired her hard work. That's how she even met her boyfriend Han Yi Feng; through her kind and caring soul, even his family loved her.. except his brother, Han Yi Lei. Kind heart-ed Mei Le, was just doing a favor that her boyfriend asked: to pick Yi Lei at the airport, and right from the start, the two of them disliked each other. But on the other hand, Mei Le was also trying really hard to fulfill her boyfriend's dream of owning a bakery. But when she finds out the her relationship with Yi Feng, isn't as pure as she thought it was, she finds her self with his brother! See how this drama unfolds, when things begin to heat up! Find Out on Love Keeps Going!

Cast

Cyndi Wang as Zha Mei Le 查美樂 / He Yan Qin 何言沁
Mike He as Han Yi Lie 韓以烈
Shi Yi Nan as Han Yi Feng 韓以風
Zhang Shan Wei (張善為) as Zha Yu Cheng 查宇誠
Albee Huang as Han Yi Fei 韓以霏
Wang Yue as Han's mother
Linda Liu as Zha's mother
Michelle Zhang as Guo Xuan Xuan 郭瑄瑄
Liu Yan (柳岩) as Chu Shao Ying 楚少茵
Zhang Lun Shuo (張倫碩) as He Yan Shao 何言劭
Yu Hao Cheng (于澔丞) as Xiao Jie 小傑
Lene Lai as Xiao Jun 小君
Yi Zheng as Han's father
Xiao Xiao Bin as Xiao Zhi 小志

(info taken from DramaWiki)

I'm only on the first episode.
Mike He is a cutie.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jul 18th, '11, 17:22

Yay! I love Mike He and Cyndi is so adorable. I remember her from Smiling Pasta can't wait to see this drama. I hope Mike plays a snobby mean jerk in this one. I love to see Mike & Vaness in those roles.

MoonRaven

Post by MoonRaven » Jul 19th, '11, 00:48

He is a jerk in this one haha
It's the best roles he plays :)

TeddayBear

Post by TeddayBear » Jul 20th, '11, 03:18

I actually really enjoy the recent two episodes of this drama.

I think Mike He's character isn't just simply a jerk. He is probably the first character I see in Taiwanese dramas that has common sense. Because of his character, we don't have to continue watching painful misunderstandings. I love how mean he treats Guo Xuan Xuan and people he doesn't approve of. And he is very direct so I didn't have to wait for a couple of weeks before he finally convinces himself of how he truly feels toward people and how to act in certain situations.

/Sorry for being vague, didn't want to spoil it for anyone :X

Anyways, just my take. I guess I am biased in the sense that I absolutely love Mike and Cyndi as a couple because of their characters' personalities.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Oct 6th, '11, 19:33

I hated Cyndi in Smiling Pasta. She annoyed the hell out of me. But in this one, she was good.

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Oct 6th, '11, 20:57

Hmmm, lots of things I like about this drama, starting with Mike He, naturally. :wub:

Yi Lei is a jerk, BUT not completely thoughtless and as previously mentioned he's got common sense (and he has his reasons for being a jerk). I absolutely adore the way he treats Mei Le, because he clearly wants her to be her own person and follow her own preferences. It seems like pretty often the male leads in drama/manga expect the female leads to set aside their own preferences and just go along with whatever the guy wants, while here he's actively encouraging her to speak up and fight for what SHE wants - even if it means disagreeing with him.

Cyndi's improved a lot since Smiling Pasta, IMO, or maybe this character just suited her better? Anyway, I thought she was very believable and I liked Mei Le a lot.

Actually ALL of the characters felt fairly realistic to me - no complete villains, no perfect heroes, just people doing the best they can. Sometimes they make poor or selfish or dishonest choices, but they're not EVIL - I'm so sick of dramas with a character who uses "loving" someone as an excuse for all kinds of nastiness toward others. Here, they face reality and get on with their lives (how refreshing!), misunderstandings don't last too long, and people don't hold unreasonable grudges.

I also enjoyed
the bakery's thrill at getting something signed by Cyndi Wang, and the line about "idol dramas lie to you". I know some people find the self-referential stuff irritating, but to me it was cute/funny.

And, it was really cute the way Yi Lei flirted back at the flamingly obviously homosexual make-over guy, without acting upset or threatened by it - too bad the rest of the world, both reality & drama, can't be that comfortable about it!
The ending...well it was ok, but...
I wish they could have found a way to reconcile everyone without the Life Threatening Medical Problem. I guess I can see that it would take something that serious to make the characters realize how much they really care for each other, but still... :glare:

As for the very end, ALL I wanted was *ONE* scene with Yi Lei back to his usual arrogant self - just ONE SCENE!! Would that have been so hard? He recovered, obviously, and everybody's living Happily Ever After, but not getting to actually SEE him be recovered was disappointing.