So, What Kdrama are you currently watching?

Discuss Korean drama series here.
SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Oct 19th, '11, 20:31

vasou wrote: I also remember how naturally wonderfull he cried in Hong Il dong (whatever the name is ) :cry:
I'm totally not the type to cry while watching dramas or movies (I might cry over news, tho), but I absolutely bawled while watching that scene in Hong Gil Dong. It was so natural and so sad... Really, the best crying scene in anything ever.

Anyway, I've watched 4 episodes of Ojakgyo Brothers now, and so far so good. Uee's character is actually almost likable and she's doing ok when she's not going totally overboard. The chemistry between the brothers is amazing, so all four sharing the spotlight is a-okay with me. I usually don't like watching "family" dramas (with 50+ episodes), because it's nearly impossible to be interested in every storyline, but at least for now I'm happy with the brothers and their potential romantic interests. And I'm officially in love again! Joo Won is just soooo similar with this guy I used to be crazy about back in Seoul. Their smiles are just... so identical, it's scary. Watching him is quite bittersweet.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Oct 20th, '11, 05:26

18 vs 29 - so far it's pretty funny but this kind of story barely works in a 2 hour story so I'm not sure how they stretch it to 16 hours

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 20th, '11, 13:00

Sajen16 wrote:18 vs 29 - so far it's pretty funny but this kind of story barely works in a 2 hour story so I'm not sure how they stretch it to 16 hours
I can give you a spoiler - they really do stretch 2 hour story to 16 hours. I barely could finish it.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Oct 20th, '11, 14:46

Baker King Kim Tak Goo- I just started episode 4 and I'm curious since his half-siblings are going to kill him for being allowed into their fathers workshop how does he live to adulthood?

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Oct 21st, '11, 23:45

Miss Ripley and Spy Myung Wol. They are both so good!

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Oct 22nd, '11, 04:56

Age of Innocence- the first two episodes drew me in because Min Su reminds me a lot of myself, I still like it though not really sure why, maybe because I'm waiting to see if Tae Seok and Ji Yoon kill someone else like poor Min Su

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 24th, '11, 13:23

Can't seem to continue Goodbye Solo. Somehow, it seems to get very boring, uninteresting and predictable. I am at 7th or 8th episode. Only thing I am little bit curious about is the Grandma. :D

I'll just start something else I have on my computer now. Hmm, and Say You Love Me it is.

Viande

Post by Viande » Oct 26th, '11, 12:53

Finished Protect the Boss and Scent of a Woman. Both of them had amazing and addicting start but they both got a bit borig/draggy at ep 10+, but they were still enjoyable. Thanks to Ethlenn for recommending Scent of a Woman. I probably wouldn't have watched it without recommends. It had so many sexy scenes and some good thoughts about life even though it got a bit draggy at some point. ^^ Ending was to my like too. Protect the Boss had some really nice characters, I just loved Ji Hyun, his father and Na Yoon.

Currently watching Vampire Prosecutor and loving it. My only concern is the plot developement, which haven't been that fast in the first three episodes. I hope they pick it up soon.

I think I'm going to start Joseon X-Files next. Somehow, probably because of watching Vampire Prosecutor, I'm in the mood for mystery series. ^^ I'm also thinking of trying Can't Lose at some point. It has Yoon Sang Hyun, do I need more reasons? I seem to have A Thousand Days' Promise in my watchlist, too. I guess the plot sounded interesting.

Also, I'm waiting for The Empress to start, even though the trailer was total disaster in my opinion. But will try that first episode at least, because the plot sounded interesting. And I just noticed that What's up? has Oh Man Suk in it so I'm going to try it when ever it will be airing. I'm not interested on the plot however, thanks to these several other idol dream dramas that had to be broadcasted before this one was finally picked up...

So many dramas, so little time. :-(

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 26th, '11, 20:38

I have finished 8 episodes of The Man Who Can't Get Married. And I can only say good things about it. I wouldn't call it fluffy, but it is indeed a light, funny and very entertaining drama. And the dog there... just so cute and funny :D Generally, I don't like dogs at all, but this one is very, very cute and ... I don't have a word to put in there. :D

But the young female lead(the girl that moved next to the guy), she seems... how should I say this... too pretty for the role? I can't explain it in detail, though.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 26th, '11, 20:51

I know what you mean. She is a nice and down to Earth young woman. Which seems weird (in kdrama) from someone who seems so pretty and groomed and well-dressed.
Such women are usually more... well, more full of themselves. More so than in real life. But I liked that about her. She feels real and not like another kdrama cutout. And.. that dog...

I just... I LOOOOVE that doggy! Priceless indeed. Adorable. And they used it very well. He is his own character. The amount of "awwing" me and my mom did over that doggy was just staggering.

I am watching SKKS now. It's nice. Although I hate how they turn people into idiots just because fangirls can't operate their own brains and figure something so simple out.
Here we have the smartest 4 scholars in the school and they can't figure out a riddle which is so obvious it's blinding. And they don't even consider the possible answer.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Oct 27th, '11, 11:15

Currently watching 49 days at episode 8 and I'm loving each episodes I have watched.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Oct 28th, '11, 23:20

I hate cable drama , I mean the dramas I want to watch desperatly at this moment are cable's ( Vampire Prosecutor, Late Night at Hospital and Empress- even if the female lead really pissed me off in Rebirth but the story...-)and there's no sub ! T_T
:cussing:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 28th, '11, 23:27

You don't hate cable drama, love. You hate the audiences which don't watch anything without handsome oppas and pretty women showing off their prettiness in romantic settings. :P

Correction: Pretty oppas and women. Because fangirls see men as "pretty" as well, since these are divine beings without gender or weaknesses.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 29th, '11, 07:55

Huh, yesterday I staid up late and finished The Man Who Can't Get Married. Lovely drama.

I had started Say You Love Me and Goodbye Solo, I think I won't be able to finish these two.

I think I'll just try to finish Protect The Boss, probably by fastforwarding. Then I'll search for a new drama to watch or return to one of those two.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 29th, '11, 09:04

not sure if this fits the title of this thread (but as I started this thread myself, I turn a blind eye :P ) or not but I have put all of kdramas I am watching on hold until further notice. a case of "too much of a good thing" maybe? :scratch:

SpankThatAss

Post by SpankThatAss » Oct 29th, '11, 12:07

Currently watching Baker King Kim Tak Gu. episode 18. It's pretty good, but it's not grabbing my attention or taking my breath away. To be honest I'm watching it in x2 speed to get it over with faster (I can read subtitles pretty fast, and even though the acting is decent it's still not good enough to make me watch in normal speed), I've got too many other dramas I'm waiting to watch.

HIRMU

Post by HIRMU » Oct 29th, '11, 19:51

Started watching The Snow Quuen today because Hyun Bin is in it, and i likee it very much sung yu-ri is also very good.

E: Okay finished. I really liked it. The actors were good and the plot wasn't bad, very touching to me atleast sad ending tt

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 1st, '11, 17:46

Current obssesion : Once Upon a Time in Saengchori, Im at ep 09 and Im completely in love with it, some priceless moments ! I love tvN !
Tried to start Thousand days promise but found the first episode so boring that I couldn't even finish it ,Man's of honor pilot too , this one may be I'll watch more episodes just to make up my mind !

SpankThatAss

Post by SpankThatAss » Nov 1st, '11, 17:48

I started watching the Princess man, on episode 11 already and even though I think it's pretty good I'm a little disappointed. I had higher expectations because of all the reviews saying "Best Drama of 2011!!! Rah rah rah". I guess it's a matter of taste, but in my opinion the REAL best drama of 2011 is Deep Rooted Tree judging on what I've seen so far.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 2nd, '11, 05:17

started Single Dad in Love I loved Oh Ji Oh in Chuno so I decided to watch some of his older stuff and I have to say so far 2 episodes it's pretty good, though if he gets together with the doctor and his ex-wife stays with the doctors dad that could lead to some awkward family gatherings

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 2nd, '11, 08:56

Watching the sitcom High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged. Quite funny.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Nov 2nd, '11, 20:15

Ahaha, Man of Honor sounds sooooo not interesting, but it's got Park Min Young an Chun Jung Myung. I love Park Min Young and Chun Jung Myung!
So I guess I'll have to add it to my list of "kdramas I have to watch/finish but never actually do". That's where all the other dramas I've started this year are. -_-

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Nov 2nd, '11, 22:03

SSpiegel wrote:Ahaha, Man of Honor sounds sooooo not interesting, but it's got Park Min Young an Chun Jung Myung. I love Park Min Young and Chun Jung Myung!
So I guess I'll have to add it to my list of "kdramas I have to watch/finish but never actually do". That's where all the other dramas I've started this year are. -_-
Same here. Man Of Honor, A Thousand Day Promise, Deep Rooted Tree, and Protect the Boss are all under that list as well. There all sitting nicely on my computer just waitin for me to see and they are just gonna have to wait a little bit more. :-(

Reminds me, I have just the last two episodes of Bad Guy left over. I really dont even know how react to that one. :whistling:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 3rd, '11, 16:31

The Gumiho's Revenge- like it but when does the revenge part start and does it involve all the humans being ripped apart like they deserve?

Three Leaf Clover- can someone please tell me why they put Ji Na in jail at the beginning the only thing I can figure is she falsely admitted to stealing something

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Nov 3rd, '11, 21:43

Just finished Romance which was ok apart from the lead guy just standing around with a shiteating smile all the time which was just plain creepy. Got better once it jumped three years and wasn't the uncomfortable situation of the teacher/student affair. Just started Partner, ok so far but only seen 30 minutes of the first episode although I did notice that its got the tart from Calla in it :thumleft: who I've never spotted in anything else since I first saw it some 6 or so years ago

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 3rd, '11, 21:54

Started Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. It's nice, although I wanted to strangle the guy since the first few scenes. So, looking forward to when he pays for being such a di..srespectful person.

HIRMU

Post by HIRMU » Nov 4th, '11, 04:53

Orion1986 wrote:Started Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. It's nice, although I wanted to strangle the guy since the first few scenes. So, looking forward to when he pays for being such a di..srespectful person.
I started watching this as well 2 days ago the first episodes was okay, will continue watching it for now, and i totally agree the guying being an **** and winking way too much.

SpankThatAss

Post by SpankThatAss » Nov 6th, '11, 11:02

I just started watching Four Gods

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 6th, '11, 16:26

out of Kdrama hiatus :P and now back to business. I just needed a little break.

so now back to
Tree with Deep Root
Gyebaek
A Thousand Kiss

also want to start with Flower Boy Ramyun Shop :wub:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 6th, '11, 22:03

YEAH welcome back Issy. Thanks to the flu I'm also back to watching.
Apart from 1000 Days Promise

I'm set on fluff for now. To my own surprise I'm quite into The Musical and the first ep of Flower Boy was so much better than expected. Actually made me laugh a lot. Though I agree, the winking trade-mark was too much.

Dropped Vampire Prosecutor. The guylinered hunk is gorgous but the cases are too boring, what a shame. Also still couldn't finish PtB and WBDS. And keeping Deep Rooted and 1000 Kisses on hold for now.^^ :alcoholic:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 7th, '11, 01:14

Three Leaf Clover- I've liked the first several episodes but I can tell it's going to dissolve into a battle between the half-sisters for the factory president and that's going to suck since I was hoping they would explore how no one has ever properly thought out the middle and end of prison.

koreanthings

Post by koreanthings » Nov 9th, '11, 07:09

Watching 'The Musical' recently...have been follow up every week to catch it online...a bit pity that this drama is only shown once a week...Awww.. :lol

koreanthings

Post by koreanthings » Nov 9th, '11, 07:18

Meanwhile I do hope they get that musical up without much more obstacles...Aww...i really want to watch Goo Hye Sun's musical...haha

mudav

Post by mudav » Nov 9th, '11, 16:20

I'm watching:
Lovers
Surgeon Bong Dal Hee
Yi San

kael

Post by kael » Nov 9th, '11, 23:29

High Kick 3 ep18 - disappointment so far, hope they start to develop the main characters. I miss the elderly couple and the kids from season 2...

Queen Seon Duk ep30 - so good. Ko Hyun Jung is so good. What's Up, Fox? is next

City Hunter - 1 ep was fun (from mowgli to MIT) but it all went bad so quickly, stopped following after a few episodes. who writes this stuff?... maybe the suffering orphan children were too much for me

Girl K - not enough blood :D

SpankThatAss

Post by SpankThatAss » Nov 9th, '11, 23:48

I loved Queen Seon Duk, Ko Hyun Jung played her role to perfection. And Kim Nam Gil's dark portrayal of Bidam was one of my favorite performances of all time.

I just started watching Green Rose, it took 10 episodes to get me hooked but I'm definitely hooked now.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 10th, '11, 02:31

Wonderful Life- like all of Eugene's dramas that I've seen it's not perfect but it is addicting, at least partly because she is so adorable, so I like it, on a side note I think I hate Chae Young more than any other character I have seen in K dramas

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Nov 10th, '11, 21:18

I thouroughly enjoyed The Partner, kind of wish it had been more than 16 episodes as the last episode seemed kind of rushed. Was going to start Romance Town but thought it was time I dipped into my Yun Suk Ho boxset as it cost so much so I've just watched the first 2 episodes of Autumn In My Heart. Enjoying it so far, though it took me a while to recognise Moon Geun Young (is there anything that she isn't in?)

SpankThatAss

Post by SpankThatAss » Nov 11th, '11, 13:48

I just finished Green Rose, some scenes were poorly done but overall I thought it was a good drama considering it was made in 2005.

Now I'm starting Cain and Abel.

SpankThatAss

Post by SpankThatAss » Nov 11th, '11, 13:48

I just finished Green Rose, a few scenes were poorly done (like when a guy jumps off a bridge or roof it looks so sketchy, and there was a part where a guy falls into shallow water from high up and isn't hurt at all) but overall I thought it was a good drama considering it was made in 2005. Lee Da Hae did a top class job of showing emotions with just her eyes as she always does.

Now I'm starting Cain and Abel.
I'm on episode 9 now and I'm liking Cain and Abel alot. It may seem like a pretty typical melodrama with the
memory loss and his lover thinking he's dead, and people betraying him because he's the heir to the company
but the acting is good and it's the first medical drama I've ever seen.
Last edited by SpankThatAss on Nov 12th, '11, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 12th, '11, 05:40

Runaway Plan B- does anyone ever die they're already stretching it by making a 20 hour chase movie the whole sinister organization thing isn't going to be very sinister if no one dies

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 13th, '11, 00:07

Two best characters in Kkotminam Ramyun Shop: (although the main girl is awesome too)
The glory incarnated:
and I just can't...
Please anyone tell me why I love them derps?

Oh, and Ara - so just let you know, I hate you. :wub: Finished all 10 eps of Musical cause of you!!

*disappearing again*

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 13th, '11, 01:13

Ecchan...fufufu I knew it :mrgreen: though I gotta say 10 was quite a downturn apart from Yujin...

oh oh oh and YEAH I so agree with you on that derp especially. Despite his rather 90ies hairstyle his character is too captivating. More screentime for that cutie pleae :wub:
Yeah and I hate you too...ur fault that I marathoned through What's Up Fox with several bottles of wine instead of getting stuff done during my precious sick leave :alcoholic:
disappearing again, huh?? where in pedo-land are you at? :P

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 13th, '11, 01:40

Oh Hello arakira, that's been a while hope you're doing great!

Watch list: Thousand days promise <3 , Once upon a time in sangshori ( ep12 and I have to wait for subs : ( ), Birdie buddy, Ramyun shop and Fashion 70s (bias bias)
Waiting for "Me too flower" subs release and "Brain" to air !
And yes Ojakgyo brothers really really appeal me.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 13th, '11, 01:57

sham habibti, did you get to enjoy the eid?
Wow you're watching a lot. Wish my days had more hours ;) had to catch the flu to be able to catch up with some drama. So Fashion 70's huh??? I think that would be a shared bias ;) LOL btw, I miss your ava/sig of a certain guy :P

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Nov 13th, '11, 03:26

I really enjoyed Autumn In My Heart though I prefered the first half (which was awesome and I thought it was going to be the best Kdrama I'd seen) much more than the second half (which was just good and several of the characters started getting on my nerves a bit). Think I'll start Summer Scent next.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Nov 13th, '11, 04:18

halfway through family's honor. sooo goood why did it take me this long to watch this? Also caught up with vampire prosecutor and my new addiction flower shop ramyun boy. i just love crow boy. anybody with me? I thought it would be a cute diversion and now i am just going crazy waiting for new eps. also watching the musical although not as addicting for me....not bad just ..........well don't know yet.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 13th, '11, 13:27

Jubies, read my previous post (previous page, sick, I know).

Sham's ava is perfect now, do not dare to touch it!!
Was wondering should I cut all cutie's scene from Vampire... because ep 6 was just too precious (speaking about being shallow).

Ara: muwahaha!! Feel the pain!
And no, my arm's skin started to peel off, so writing is not the most desired thing to do now. But I have one more week of sick leave and I caught up with all dramas. Damn... :unsure:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Nov 14th, '11, 05:27

I got sick at Friday. And I started Green Rose once again. And it starts very, very slowly but is quite good. It gets interesting in like episode 9 or 10. :D I have only 2 more episodes left to watch. So today, when I come back home, I'll finish it off.

And I deleted rest of Goodbye Solo and Protect The Boss episodes. I don't want to see them at all.

As for line up, I have downloaded 2 more dramas. Midas and Robbers. I'll probably watch Midas next.

SpankThatAss

Post by SpankThatAss » Nov 15th, '11, 19:53

I'm watching the drama Thank, You. Currently on Episode 6.

It's not a comedy but I'm so surprised how many times this drama is making me laugh when I least expect it, it gives the drama a very nice balance because there are alot of times near the start where Jang Hyuk just reeks of so much daunting bitterness for life, you want to hate him but at the same time you feel his pain (don't worry, his character's nowhere near as loathsome as the one in Robber), and I bet later on there will be alot of happy and sad moments. His deceased girlfriend wanted him to help the mother and child, but it's actually them who help him learn that you can love life no matter what. A beautiful emotional roller coaster, I love it!

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 15th, '11, 20:06

arakira wrote:sham habibti, did you get to enjoy the eid?
Wow you're watching a lot. Wish my days had more hours ;) had to catch the flu to be able to catch up with some drama. So Fashion 70's huh??? I think that would be a shared bias ;) LOL btw, I miss your ava/sig of a certain guy :P
Yes we had a week to rest ,well actually most use it for studying but I use it to catch up with dramas, we live just once :D ! and hope you get well soon
:salut:
@jubies33 :Yes yes Family's honor is the only family drama that I watched to the end ! PSH why r u so great ? :scratch:
@SpankThatAss:Thank you is still one of the best dramas that I ever seen (Y)

zzyzx

Post by zzyzx » Nov 16th, '11, 16:36

SpankThatAss wrote:I'm watching the drama Thank, You. Currently on Episode 6.
Good Drama. That Bom is priceless.

SpankThatAss

Post by SpankThatAss » Nov 16th, '11, 17:52

Yeahhh she's a great little talent, I thought she was very impressive in Gumiho too even though I hated her character.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 16th, '11, 19:12

Hmm I wonder what happened to me, but I can't bear proper movies or drama with serious themes atm, but I'm totally in love with the first eps of flower boy RS and even picked up Vampire prosecutor again only to stare at mr guyliner XD

And just for the record...Thank You is one of the best kdrama I watched^^

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Nov 20th, '11, 11:35

I really enjoyed Summer Scent, though it could have done with losing a few episodes in the middle where it started to drag and didn't go anywhere. Watched the first two episodes of The Greatest Love, enjoying it so far and Kong Hyo Jin is great.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 20th, '11, 20:12

I just started this seasons drama "Flower, me too" or "Me too, Flower" or however you want to call it. Seems nice after the first episode.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 20th, '11, 20:30

I've bee avoiding that one on account of Lee Ji Ah, but I might check it after all. I have some time and not much kdrama to watch. So, I'll take a look as well.
I am not digging the lead guy though. I don't find him or the guy who was supposed to star handsome. But if he can act and the character is interesting, I'm ok.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 20th, '11, 20:53

Well, this season Koreans are obsessed with flowers ( probably because is getting cold and wintery). Me too Flower, Flower boy Ramyon shop and My daughter, the flower :scratch:
I wanted to start on "Me too Flower" too till I saw LJA's name and latest drop of ratings. I don't care much about rating if I like a show, but the lead actress is kind of hard to ignore. :glare:
I am thinking of starting "Thank You" now because of all praises I read in this thread. :mrgreen:

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 20th, '11, 21:35

What's wrong with Lee Ji Ah? What is so bad about her?

The ratings seem to be quite stable.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Me_Too,_Flowe ... de_Ratings

btw.: Why does my post go blank, if I use the URL tags?

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Nov 20th, '11, 21:57

- High Kick 3! The Revenge Of The Short Legged
- Just You
- Ojakgyo Brothers

Nothing else seems to interest me at the moment.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 20th, '11, 22:17

Gauss, I have no problem with the woman, I just don't like her as an actress. I find her talentless, without any charm for the camera or good skills.
I will check this out, however, because I've been surprised by bad actors before. Maybe she has improved since the works I've seen her in so far.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 22nd, '11, 18:39

Orion1986 wrote:Gauss, I have no problem with the woman, I just don't like her as an actress. I find her talentless, without any charm for the camera or good skills.
I will check this out, however, because I've been surprised by bad actors before. Maybe she has improved since the works I've seen her in so far.
For me Im surprised by male bad actors never with women,I just think they never approve or may be the first performance always stucks in my head that it's very difficult to be objective, Oh well except Wang Ji-hye she did well lately!
Skipped "The empress" the reason is the female lead .
I watched the first episode of "Me too flower" and some scenes of other episodes since thre's no subs available and I think it has some fluff + I think the male lead is goodl ooking !
Started "Ojakgyo Brothers",I like it so far .

BTW Ori doesn't Joo Woon looks like KDW ?just saying :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sham26 on Nov 22nd, '11, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 22nd, '11, 18:56

There are a lot of good female actresses, but the thing is, we are women and a lot of dramas have (fan)girls as a main audience. Which means that emphasis is given on the guy(s) and his(their) character.
They get all emo and tortured and nekkid (Park Si Hoo does :P ) and we can't be objective because they enchant us. It's easier for us to spot the flaws in women. Also, it's about the characters themselves.

In a lot of dramas, especially melo and rom-com, all the women act either as martyrs and pathetic and seem to be put there just to cry and seem "strong" or then they're the typical truck driver style (rom-coms).
The actresses have to dumb down their acting quite a lot of times, so that some useless table of a guy will seem better or bearable. Even fangirls would notice a kick ass actress against such a useless guy.

It's the whole "cute and vulnerable" culture which then goes to the opposite extremes in many rom-coms, making the girls act like feminist lesbians, yelling and showing no sign of femininity until they suddenly feel "wuv".

There are plenty of bad actors out there too. Especially in drama. I will never forget "My Princess" and Park Ye Jin. I thought she was horrible and couldn't understand why everyone kept talking as if she rocks.
Then I watched "Head" (movie) and my jaw dropped. She was fantastic and she's one of my favorites now. But with her role in that horrible series she just couldn't act to her greatest potential. Same with many.

Your best bet is with b*tches. A good b*tch character that makes you hate her with passion. I loved Wang Ji Hye in Personal Preference because she had a good b*tch character and did her job well. Those shine more.

P.S: I really don't see it myself. I hear him, DW and TOP look alike. With the same make up, clothes and lighting, sure they do. Which is why I can't tell one guy from the other in boybands.
But with those elements manipulated the same, I probably look like Maria Callas too. I see small lips, nicely shaped nose and Asian eyes. Lol. That's about as similar as they seem to me. XD

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Nov 22nd, '11, 22:41

The Greatest Love was so good, I'm tempted to watch it again but instead I think I'm going to go with Romance Town (ooh, Park Ji Yeong)..

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 23rd, '11, 08:40

Sham26 wrote: Started "Ojakgyo Brothers",I like it so far .

BTW Ori doesn't Joo Woon looks like KDW ?just saying :mrgreen:
I love that show. Got totally into it, not watching anything else at the moment. And it's a good example for how an actress surprised me. I thought Uee couldn't act to save her life in YAB and I found her focus on her huge wide opened eyes too much to stand...but she's improved a lot and I kinda like her in this series...

Oh and Joo Won? I'm in love. Noticed him in Baker KTG but Ojakgyo he's amazing... Looking forward to see him venturing into movies but also loved to see him in a comedy...
I get the comparison with KDW, both are Asian, slender, can act and have impressive eyes...LOL but that's it. I :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 23rd, '11, 11:09

There's enough room for all slender Asians with impressive eyes who can act. Ahaha. Please, can we haz moar of em? I should check him out in something, cause I read a lot of buzz, but no idea what.

mykdrama

Post by mykdrama » Nov 23rd, '11, 14:38

arakira wrote:Hmm I wonder what happened to me, but I can't bear proper movies or drama with serious themes atm, but I'm totally in love with the first eps of flower boy RS and even picked up Vampire prosecutor again only to stare at mr guyliner XD

And just for the record...Thank You is one of the best kdrama I watched^^
I entirely agree with you, Im a happy fanatic too, so much stress and misery everywhere, dont want to hurt my heart by crying.

Was Thank You very sad and painful? what about the ending

Rudi

Post by Rudi » Nov 25th, '11, 12:52

mykdrama wrote:
I entirely agree with you, Im a happy fanatic too, so much stress and misery everywhere, dont want to hurt my heart by crying.

Was Thank You very sad and painful? what about the ending
I think it tells about kid with HIV who live with his mom and grandfather. Then they met with the doctor who responsible for transfusing contaminated blood to the kid. I forget the rest, but at the end the neighborhood know about the HIV and avoid that family.
Actually I forget the plot since i watched it a long time ago. After all, I think it happy ending but the story not really happy. Correct me if I was wrong. :-)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 25th, '11, 18:06

arakira wrote:
I love that show. Got totally into it, not watching anything else at the moment. And it's a good example for how an actress surprised me. I thought Uee couldn't act to save her life in YAB and I found her focus on her huge wide opened eyes too much to stand...but she's improved a lot and I kinda like her in this series...
Am I the only one that doesn't remember seeing her in YAB, that's so weird, Iguess I'm getting Alzheimer !I really liked her in Birdie Buddy which it's still on hold because like so many times I screwd the whole thing by watching the end so Im not sure if Im going to take it back!
And yes I love OB ,and I like all the characters maybe that I like the maknae more
arakira wrote: Oh and Joo Won? I'm in love. Noticed him in Baker KTG but Ojakgyo he's amazing... Looking forward to see him venturing into movies but also loved to see him in a comedy...
I get the comparison with KDW, both are Asian, slender, can act and have impressive eyes...LOL but that's it. I :mrgreen:
So I'm the only one thinking that wat hummm! By the way,how was Baker king ?

@Ori:You may be right about what you said and PSH is GREAT with or wiithout skin show [Fangirl off ] :whistling:

Excuse me for the Off-topic :pale:
Adding to my watching list "Brain",I've already seen something like this but for SHK, I don't care !
I decided to continue watching Me too ,Flower and saw the kiss ...and that was a kiss! :wub:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Nov 25th, '11, 21:25

But how do you spot a bad actor or bad actress? I for my part cant, except in cases of really really bad acting. This point is embarrassing to admit, since i made my round in entertainment-industry(i played a few roles in theatre and was doing a few modeling jobs for magazines and ads. Nothing big, but it paid for my tuition.)

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 25th, '11, 22:28

Birdie Buddy- First I'll start by saying I hate that is HATE golf, staring at a wall and waiting for it to crumble is more entertaining both as a "sport" and as something to watch, that being said it's oddly entertaining through 3 episodes but I'm wondering how long do they string the matches out is it just the qualifiers and one long pro match or does she even qualify and do they build a story is it just about golf?

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Nov 25th, '11, 22:46

Sajen16 wrote:Birdie Buddy- First I'll start by saying I hate that is HATE golf, staring at a wall and waiting for it to crumble is more entertaining both as a "sport" and as something to watch, that being said it's oddly entertaining through 3 episodes but I'm wondering how long do they string the matches out is it just the qualifiers and one long pro match or does she even qualify and do they build a story is it just about golf?
No, even if the drama has a golftheme, so its not really about golf itself. Its about betting, daddy-issues....well..and love(kdrama without romance is almost impossible).

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 25th, '11, 22:55

@mykdrama: yes, thank you has its sad moments but it's still not too melodramatic. I almost cried watching it and i never cry with movies ;) and yet it's positive and i liked the ending. It's pretty much a happy one ;) Ohh and be prepared to get a craving for chocopies ;)

@silverman...well to break it down to the most basic level... if an actor can't make me believe his act it is bad...like not making the character seem as a real human person with real emotions who really experiences whatever the setting is...if the chara stays wooden and liveless then that's meh.

@sham
habibti...lol i guess you just blocked her out. lucky you. Is birdy buddy good? Didn't bother checking it out cause it didn't sound much interesting to me...
OB...well apart from officer-ahjussi I like the 2nd bro's wife, Ms. Cha, and the Granny ofc. Though Maknae grew on me since ep 20 or so...poor boy...
Baker was...hmmm it started really well. I liked the kids a lot and the story was nicely set though it's very melodramatic and over the top. Towards the end it got a bit weird and the last ep was unnecessarily putting everything in place, like a quick wrap up which felt strange after 50+ eps. All in all i did enjoy watching it but I wouldn't do it again :P

Wish I had more time. Would love to start another bunch of drama but I'm holding back for now ;)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Nov 25th, '11, 23:11

Yes the basic point is plausible and i know the theory, but I can never, or just n few cases, determine if the acting is bad. In a lot of cases i'm not sure if a character should be emotionless or is it just the actor who acts emotionless^^.

Birdie Buddy: Well you have to like sport dramas, to like this one or you have to be an Uee-fan. As for her acting. She has still a lot of room for improving, but in BB her acting is a lot better, than in YAB. YAB is one of the few dramas, where i think, that the acting is bad^^.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 25th, '11, 23:21

Well I dare say that I think I can distinguish between those. And there still is a difference between acting emotionless and being unable to portray emotions in a believable way...But nevermind, not gonna go on nitpicking about the definition for bad acting. It's just my personal opinion anyway.

Thanks for the info bout BB...guess I'll pass on this one then. =)