[Discussion] Kaseifu no Mita (Matsushima Nanako)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] Kaseifu no Mita (Matsushima Nanako)

Post by yanie » Oct 15th, '11, 04:18

Title: 家政婦のミタ / Kaseifu no Mita / Mita, The Housekeeper
Broadcast network: NTV
Broadcast period: 2011-Oct-12 start
Air time: Wednesday 22:00
Theme song: Yasashiku Naritai by Saito Kazuyoshi
Screenwriter: Yukawa Kazuhiko

Ep1 Rating: 19.5%

Starring:

Matsushima Nanako as Mita Akari (the housekeeper)
Hasegawa Hiroki as Asuda Keiichi (the head of the Asuda family)
Kutsuna Shiori as Asuda Yui (Keiichi's 1st child, 2nd grade high school)
Nakagawa Taishi as Asuda Kakeru (Keiichi's 2nd child, 2nd grade middle school)
Ayabe Shuto as Asuda Kaito (Keiichi's 3rd child, 6th grade elementary school)
Honda Miyu as Asuda Kii (Keiichi's 4th child, kindergarten)

Aibu Saki as Yuki Urara (Keiichi's late wife's sister)

Synopsis:
Mita Akari (Matsushima Nanako), a stony-faced, taciturn, mysterious housekeeper who is like a robot, is sent to the Asuda family which suddenly lost their mother in an accident. Akari can do everything and give a customer satisfaction level of 120%. She cooks like a pro, does the work of housewives such as sewing and laundry, is good at all sports and can even give private tutoring for the university entrance exams. However, she is rumoured to choose her own jobs and never make friends with the families she serves. She arrives one morning after the 49th day of the mother’s death and begins to live with the father, Keiichi (Hasegawa Hiroki), and four children (Kutsuna Shiori). Before long, problems within the family are revealed and the Asudas are on the brink of breaking up. She confronts the issues, and saves the family through her flawless work and cold, drastic measures. In the process, she starts to regain the feelings she had lost.
source: http://jdramas.wordpress.com/

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 15th, '11, 04:23

I personally loved the first episode!!^o^ This is definitely would be another good and touching family drama! Nanako is fabulous, as always, and I think I've become a fan of the actor playing the father, Hasegawa Hiroki, heehee~

Kutsuna Shiori is cute as always, and the other 3 children seem adorable, so far. The 2nd boy's acting is quite good.

Never doubt Yukawa Kazuhiko's writing! Not a big fan, but I always end up liking his stories. His best one is Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen of Classroom) so far, imo.

19.5% would be hard to beat. I guess the audience must have missed Matsushima Nanako on screen ^_^

My prediction why Mita look like someone without feelings:
I bet her child died....

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 15th, '11, 11:14

Finally, there is a Jdrama that attracted my attention this season. :cheers:
It sounds interesting. I like Nanako and Hiroki Hasegawa was very good in "Second Virgin" so it's a must see.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 16th, '11, 23:31

I really liked the first episode, the plot seems decent and I like her "robot like" acting. This drama has also some kind of mysterious aura, so I wonder, what will happen through the episodes.

zephyrMZ

Post by zephyrMZ » Oct 17th, '11, 06:27

This is a must see. I cried on their first episode.
Thank you for subbing!

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Oct 17th, '11, 08:24

Finally...I found a good and interesting japanese drama this year...I really really like the story...and the actors there also good..like them..

as usually nanako never fail me.. I really like her acting...and for the fathers character..it the first time I watch him..but I love him ^^.... the oldest daughter..I like her in Detective Conan and also in this drama... and the brothers and Little sister...also like them... this drama is perfect...I want to Know more...I hope nanako not a died person...because she don't have any emotion and her hand cold ..... waiting for the next week ep ^^ :)

zephyrMZ

Post by zephyrMZ » Oct 17th, '11, 08:42

My vote: Mita is a dead person :(

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 17th, '11, 09:01

zephyrMZ wrote:My vote: Mita is a dead person :(
Heeee... so this family drama will turn out horror??? :fear: XD

Mita is a zombie, lol.

Nahh... But I wonder....
What makes her do everything people says to her? Even silly, illogical requests. She must have lost her healthy mind, then. Or is she really a robot? She didn't even feel pain at all when the boy was beating her face.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 17th, '11, 14:27

yanie wrote:
zephyrMZ wrote:My vote: Mita is a dead person :(
Nahh... But I wonder....
What makes her do everything people says to her? Even silly, illogical requests. She must have lost her healthy mind, then. Or is she really a robot? She didn't even feel pain at all when the boy was beating her face.
To be honest, at some points I too thought that she may be a robot, but when she got hit she started to bleed. On the other hand, everyone who has seen Terminator knows, that this means nothing. ;) Well, who knows, the little girl might become one of John Connors Generals and the leader of the rebellion in Asia, so Mika is in reality a terminator that was send back in time to protect her. ;)

I think, she had some really, really traumatic experience in the past, that has something to do with her not following an order.

kalayaan

Post by kalayaan » Oct 17th, '11, 23:21

Awesome rating for the first episode! I hope it can maintain that number of rating.

Too bad, I still have to wait for the subs. But this definitely tops my to-watch-list this season.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 18th, '11, 00:08

kalayaan wrote:Awesome rating for the first episode! I hope it can maintain that number of rating.

Too bad, I still have to wait for the subs. But this definitely tops my to-watch-list this season.
There are English subs out.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 18th, '11, 06:51

Did anyone else get a Atami no Sousakan feel from this...? Just the first few seconds of eppy 1 you see the creepy raggedy dead-looking doll hanging from the side of the trash. And Nanako's dead-ish zombie makeup added more to the mysterious... beyond the physical-world kinda thing.
I personally think Nanako's not human or alive. Someone mentioned when she got punched she bled but... when she touched the hot tin container she didn't say or react... and I actually wonder if her hand turned red...? If they didn't focus on this aspect then it means it's leaving a big room and thought on interpreting her.... state? Because usually if the director wanted to focus on something they would've zoomed in on that... so I wonder if they're leaving the audience a big gap to fill just by the first episode of what is she exactly.
But whoooh for her bringing in a high rating like that ^^ I'm not keen on this guy.... Well I didn't like his role in Second Virgin or character so.. I still gotta shake that feeling off lol. Aibu's naturally annoying like seriously... It's only enjoyable (and seems to work for her) when she's doing a comedic role... like this one.

So I guess the big mystery with this drama will be why the wife committed suicide... and what could be behind Nanako. Why do I got this big feeling he's gonna ask her to sleep with him? I dunno why I keep thinking that... even as soon as I saw her and how she acted.. I was like, "If he asked her to have sex she would totally do it." So since the ultimate extreme was put out there "If you asked her to kill someone she'll do it," (Omg she's reunited with Shirakawa Yumi again! So cool ^^) might hing that a death or... putting a hit out for someone might happen... and could be like one of those misunderstandings that they really didn't meant o request but she takes it as that because they still said it and BAM they're dead..

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 18th, '11, 07:30

«minah» wrote:Did anyone else get a Atami no Sousakan feel from this...? Just the first few seconds of eppy 1 you see the creepy raggedy dead-looking doll hanging from the side of the trash. And Nanako's dead-ish zombie makeup added more to the mysterious... beyond the physical-world kinda thing.
Yes, I got the same feeling.
«minah» wrote: I personally think Nanako's not human or alive. Someone mentioned when she got punched she bled but... when she touched the hot tin container she didn't say or react... and I actually wonder if her hand turned red...? If they didn't focus on this aspect then it means it's leaving a big room and thought on interpreting her.... state? Because usually if the director wanted to focus on something they would've zoomed in on that... so I wonder if they're leaving the audience a big gap to fill just by the first episode of what is she exactly.
Also there is the "cold hand thing", when the little girl asked for her hand when they were leaving the Kindergarten. I mean, some people have cold hands sometims (like me...) but it's nothing that is usually pointed out in a dorama.
«minah» wrote:Why do I got this big feeling he's gonna ask her to sleep with him?
Probably becuase it's the first thing, that 99% of all people (male and female) would do, if they a) were single b) someone good looking from the other (or same, depends on) gender would say "I do anything you order me to do...anything".

It was the first thing I thought of in his situation. :p
«minah» wrote:(Omg she's reunited with Shirakawa Yumi again! So cool ^^)
If that's the old woman, then yes, that was awesome. :D
I hope, the subber keeps on going, this one looks relaly good to me.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 18th, '11, 14:51

^
Yup the old woman! And I like that well.. wow she seems really up and about in the scene she was in.. like that energetic feel to her ^^ It's like seeing Shun and Hiroki acting together again..

Yeah I hope the subs continue for this one too ^^

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 18th, '11, 22:28

The funny thing is, she totally reminds me of my grandmother...especially her looks...even if my granmother isn't (or better wasn't) asian, lol. ;)

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 22nd, '11, 20:29

So, Episode 2 just finished and I liked it. The story was descent, and the Mita character grows on me more an more. Also, it's pretty interesting, what went on in the family.
First we ge to know about the suicide, then about the divirce and the affair the father had. And in the end, grandfather did say something interesting when he told him, that he would ne be suited to be a father and that he will one day reveal his true person. Are there even more corpses in dads basement?
The preview for next episode was really mean...it looks so interesting and with so much going on. I want to see it...now!
Last edited by GaussAlgorithmus on Oct 24th, '11, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Oct 24th, '11, 07:42

someone has theme song of Kaseifu no Mita : yasashiku naritai by saito kazuyoshi
?

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 25th, '11, 00:21

fujitak wrote:someone has theme song of Kaseifu no Mita : yasashiku naritai by saito kazuyoshi
?
I like the song too. :P
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s2_QAiptn-Y" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Just finished watching both eps subbed and now I am totally confused. regarding Mita of course
at first I thought she has to be a robot because her boss called her with "あれ" (for calling objects in Japanese). not to mention all of her robotic behaviour. but remembered that role number one for robots is that they can't hurt humans. :mrgreen:
plus, when she sprayed the annoying neighbour with water because she was just too much to handle, I saw a human side of her. then she did not feel any pain when she was slapped (even though she bleeds) and it made me think what if she was a modified human? :scratch: maybe due to some trauma in her life she decided to become a robot?
in anycase, this drama fits its given genre which is "Mystery" perfectly. it is keeping me guessing and entertained.
all said, I think that Hiroki Hasgawa is not the best choice of actor to portray the father (he just does not look the part) and I do have small problem of not liking Aibu Saki :whistling:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 25th, '11, 02:43

^
Agree for Hiroki Hasgawa.... eh why a cheater again? Because I'm gonna start categorizing him as that if he plays one more role like that >___> Aibu can't help but to be annoying lol
I never thought of her being a robot but when the owner said that she decided to not smile again... well... I guess being a robot may not be possible...? I dunno plus she also bled. She could be a cyborg or a humanoid... But I can't wait for her mysteriousness to be kinda revealed because I have a feeling they'll gonna leave us hanging toward the end

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Oct 25th, '11, 07:34

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Oct 25th, '11, 20:06

May she be some people from the moon ? She's always staring at the moon ;) Anyway, really creepy, whatever she ends up being.

SaruSurfer

Post by SaruSurfer » Oct 25th, '11, 20:30

Hmm Mita's character reminds me of a movie I've seen before...

Maybe she's a robot or cyborg from the future? :D

Interesting drama so far.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 26th, '11, 02:05

voldemort wrote:May she be some people from the moon ? She's always staring at the moon ;) Anyway, really creepy, whatever she ends up being.
Lol I thought that too! I think the moon has some connection with her though.

ps790

Post by ps790 » Oct 27th, '11, 04:06

The moon in Episode 01 is about 1 day past full. The moon in Episode 02 is supposed to be about 2 days later, but is very badly faked (i.e. a 1-day past full moon with a silly shadow placed on the east side to make it look sort of like a 3 day-past full moon, apparently for people who don't know what the moon really looks like). I think it is part of the mystery - her time is limited for some reason, and the moon shows this time passing. Mita is like the mysterious stranger wandering into a town in a classical Western to set things straight, but with a touch of the supernatural - and she really seems morally neutral, simply giving the Asuda family the power to do the things they would want to do, or to face what they have been avoiding.

The Chojo, Yui, is shown during Episode 01 looking at the final cellphone message from her mother, a message in which the mother apologizes - so Yui should have known all along that her mother's death was a suicide, so I'm a bit puzzled that Yui doesn't seem to really figure this out until the end of Episode 02. Perhaps Yui knew at some level, but was avoiding facing the fact that her mother died that way. After all, the Mita character seems to be there to make the family deal with things each of them has been avoiding. And Mita shows up exactly when the Butsudan is delivered after 49 days of morning, and on a day when stong winds shut down parts of the public transport system. But oddly, the wind dies down to nothing as she enters the Asuda home.

The Keigo spoken by Mita in explaining why she is visiting to talk to Urara (about 25 minutes into Episode 01) is beautiful and very very funny.

Both the Urara and Harumi characters provide interesting comic relief. But somehow the Harumi character is a bit mysterious also. Not only does she know all about the myserious Mita, but she also knows somehow that the husband Keiichi neglected to go out with his kids on weekends - something the dead wife often complained about (Episode 02, about 24 minutes), but Harumi should have had no way of knowing that. So like Mita, Harumi seems to see through people or something.

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Oct 28th, '11, 08:56

man....it's fall apart from elsewhere for the depressed father in stage 3 where he is showing his true self. Maybe mita is an acquaintance or friends off the dead mother.
Last edited by fujitak on Oct 28th, '11, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 28th, '11, 10:29

After ep3 I am starting to think that their mother is not the victim as she was portrayed previously and the dad is not the bad guy we think he is.
their mom seems to threaten him with suicide every single time she wants to have her way. From very begining. And why telling Yui about him having an affair ? Normal mothers don't do this.
And please don't make urara have feelings for the dad. She is annoying enough. I dont see the reason why make her this much hyperactive. Her character is someone nice, caring, young and full of energy. Not someone with ADHD. :crazy:
Now for Mita, have you noticed that she does not eat? Is she is something to do with their mom? How does she know very well about everyone's likes and dislikes? :scratch:
Regarding the text on Yui's phone from her mom, it was explained in ep3. :mrgreen:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 28th, '11, 14:31

Ep3 achieved 19.8%! Wow! I'm expecting this drama to hit through 20% starting Ep4 onwards.
Ep3 was quite intensed and I started to finally see what's this drama is all about.

Anyone have speculation on:
The amusement park scene? I'm still speculating her child died. And those foods were the exact same foods she and her child ate, probably on the day her child died...
haha.... robot/cyborg, half-cyborg, zombie, moon woman... anything else?? lol.

Too bad... but I don't think this drama go for the fantasy type direction. The story is very realistic so far, so ... while it might be disappointing, but I think Mita is a genuine human. We'll just have to wait for the explanations of that one-expression face, etc.

I'm quite surprised about the father's true face.
"The only time I felt at peace was in the bathroom and in the car..."
What a line. He was never ready to be a father even with 4 children already? So, he never loved the children's mother? He don't sincerely love his kids all these time? But he loved them only becoz he feels obligated to? He forced himself to love them and take care of them, because he feels obligated.... but he's actually tired in being a father and almost have enough of it?
This is quite a new thing. I've never find any character like this before in dramas. I thought he was a jerk in Ep2... well, I do still think he's a jerk and a good-for-nothing man.... But I dunno if I can still blame him for that after the revelation in Ep3....

One thing for sure, Hasegawa Hiroki really suits this character, doesn't he?^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 28th, '11, 16:00

^
yes! This is the first time in drama history (at least the ones I have seen) to have a storyline like this and I am kind of happy they did. Because these type of people exist. I don't think any worse of him because of his feelings. He probably can't help it. But what I am wondering about is having not one, not two but four kids to make him realise it. That's why I am thinking that mom is the guilty one here. She obviously sensed from very beginning that he feels like this so in order to keep him with her, kept on having more kids.
At first, I thought that Hiroki Hasegawa was the wrong actor to cast in such role ( he still does not look the part in my mind, he is too young looking to have kids at that age ) but now, with further story development, I think it might work. But do I think of him as best choice for this character? Sorry but no.
and about Mita
of course! the storyline is too realistic to include robot, cyborg...but her behaviour and actions in no way, shape or form indicates that she is human. no matter what kind of trauma she has been through. she still has to sleep, eat, feel pain or even blink and so far she has done none. let alone doing whatever her boss orders her to do. there should be some limits and Killing or hitting a person is one f them no matter how justified their reasons are. this is the weakness of the story. if she is not human, then why such a realistic storyline? and if she is human, why such an realistic character?

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Oct 28th, '11, 16:31

i don't think the father is this bad like it was presented in ep 3
He said he wasn't feel ready to e a father. Seems like his wife forced him. He said he wanted abortion but his wife traitened him and forced him to be part of the family like the father. She destroyed him and his dreams.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 28th, '11, 20:59

I still can't feel too much empathy for the father though I think it sucks that his kids probably won't really understand his own feelings (especially what happened in eppy 3:
Even if he said he's not ready to have kids... well.. he had 3 more with her right? Sorry but I can't feel too bad if he still decided to get her pregnant 3 more times... ^^; And then to really almost decide to leave his kids with a crazy woman.. sorry but that's extremely messed up since he still pretty much was gonna do it... "Oh I'll pay child support!" But um yeah... let's hope the kids are still in one piece...

But I do feel for him that even from the start he didn't wanna be a dad or even lead that kinda life... which lead to an affair but I still personally think even if you're married... doesn't give you the right to cheat.... Pretty much both parents are selfish. But ugh I hate when they make the kids have that kinda reaction in eppy 3.. pretty much like Hanawake whatever whatever... now he's not their dad even though he still been there raising them, providing for them financially and stuff and still acted like a father to them... But ugh that oldest annoyed.... Even if she's a teen doesn't matter to me since she wanna act all grown.... so if something really bad happened to Kii would she just blame her father for it? But yeah I understand they wouldn't wanna be i that house for a while but like.... don't move them to some dump.. I dunno I guess even when I was their age as much as I can't stand being with my mom I know it would be foolish for me to run away..... Sorry this is just my rant ^^; I know they have to do those things in a drama so it can progress the way it do... if it didn't it wouldn't be a drama
Actually at first I thought maybe Mita could be dome deity or something since she somehow knows exactly what they all like (and like seriously how could it be possible......?) but I think she's been seriously desensationalized or whatever it'll be called... extremely apathetic... and I still think she could be some deity or some spirit taking a human form.
Maybe that thing that happened to her that made her lose her heart.... probably happened during a full moon? And I guess the last time she was with or first met this or most memorable memory of said-person they use to go to the amusement park together....? Like how they offer food to dead ones at their alters and stuff... so I guess this was a similar manner...
Just all my speculation... I do like the 3 younger siblings though and their interaction with one another ^^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 29th, '11, 00:52

Issy wrote:^At first, I thought that Hiroki Hasegawa was the wrong actor to cast in such role ( he still does not look the part in my mind, he is too young looking to have kids at that age ) but now, with further story development, I think it might work. But do I think of him as best choice for this character? Sorry but no.
At first, I also thought he was too young, but now, with the revelation, i think Hasegawa Hiroki fits the part. And his face does fit like a guy who hasn't mature enough to be a father, like a guy who still wants to have his freedom, not ready for commitment. I also think he fits the part of being a jerk and a good-for-nothing guy :mrgreen:

«minah» wrote:I do like the 3 younger siblings though and their interaction with one another ^^
Awww.... I like those three, too! Especially when:
they were following Mita. So cute! And I love how Takeru held Kii's hand, taking care of her^^

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 29th, '11, 03:33

^
Lol that's exactly what made me love those three so much!!! I thought it was such a cute scene. They're really likable and do have good chemistry.

That Hiroki guy.. well.. I dunno he just seems to be some cheater to me every time I hear about him >_> Hope i doesn't carry on that for future roles like Aibu always being cast to be some annoying chick.....

antspace

Post by antspace » Oct 29th, '11, 21:58

Have just watched eps 1-3. Quite enjoyable stuff :-)

I found the story intrigueing, but it became a bit heavy. The children are growing on me. Found them a bit annoying at first with the overacting and all. I did like Honda Miyu as Kii though.
Hasegawa Hiroki is convincing as the father being spineless and a coward. He's still sympathetic though. Matsushima Nanako is great as the robotic kaseifu, and even Aibu Saki is doing well as the bumbling Aunty. It's a bit like her role in Rebound. I liked her there as well. I also love Hiraizumi Sei as the grandfather, would like to see more of him.

About Mita
I think she is an incarnation of sorts of the dead mother. There are many signs, like her knowing their habits, her cooking tasting exactly like the mothers, her appearing on the 49th day. Through her everything comes out in the open.
When she said she had lost her heart somewhere I realised she could'nt be a robot. Extinguishing the whiny neighbour could still have been explained as a glitch. Then there's the crow and the doll at the start of ep 1, and the black cat in ep 2... eery much (great scenes by the way). So I think we're in zombie territory :pale:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 30th, '11, 03:15

antspace wrote:Have just watched eps 1-3. Quite enjoyable stuff :-)

I found the story intrigueing, but it became a bit heavy. The children are growing on me. Found them a bit annoying at first with the overacting and all. I did like Honda Miyu as Kii though.
Hasegawa Hiroki is convincing as the father being spineless and a coward. He's still sympathetic though. Matsushima Nanako is great as the robotic kaseifu, and even Aibu Saki is doing well as the bumbling Aunty. It's a bit like her role in Rebound. I liked her there as well. I also love Hiraizumi Sei as the grandfather, would like to see more of him.

About Mita
I think she is an incarnation of sorts of the dead mother. There are many signs, like her knowing their habits, her cooking tasting exactly like the mothers, her appearing on the 49th day. Through her everything comes out in the open.
When she said she had lost her heart somewhere I realised she could'nt be a robot. Extinguishing the whiny neighbour could still have been explained as a glitch. Then there's the crow and the doll at the start of ep 1, and the black cat in ep 2... eery much (great scenes by the way). So I think we're in zombie territory :pale:
I was kinda thinking that too at some parts in eppy 3. But the fact that she knows like... almost everything or anything and that Mita has been working as a maid for that company for a while.... but all this guessing and speculation makes it kinda fun to figure out the mystery.. if it ever gets solved dun dun DUN!

ps790

Post by ps790 » Nov 1st, '11, 20:28

A few minutes of searching on Google maps street view indicates that the ロケ地 where Mita disappears in ep03 is in the Chuo-Chiba-Ginza area. The film crew turned around and shot the same street from a different angle with the actors walking in the opposite direction (versus a few seconds earlier) at the moment Mita disappears.

I think Mita has made some deal with a supernatural power to be the perfect 家政婦, but at the price of losing all feelings. The Harumi character prays just before Mita shows up in Ep03, so maybe Mita is posessed by a 家政婦の神様, or whatever. Maybe by the end of the series, the Asuda family will figure this out and somehow undue the spell, leaving a Mita who is imperfect, but able to feel emotions, in effect - their mother reborn.

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Nov 4th, '11, 18:52

In the last scene in ep4,
the first time kaseifu Mita blink her eye ( or more like close it voluntarily). sign of the coming-back of her emotion?
@ps790 : I like your theory on supernatural power..seem like a vibe from 'Angel' or 'Buffy Vampire Slayer'

Glad to see that all characters in Asuda family have quite a balance screen time, except maybe for Kakeru..maybe in later episode.Miyu Honda played her character so well in 'Sayonara Bokutachi no Youchien' and Kii's character really has grown in me. Made me feel that Japan has so many promising child actors/actress..and they are making debut in bigger role in such younger age than other country.Even compares to K-Drama, J-dorama probably has a larger pool in this department.

edit: I thought that the writer has some stroke of genius because the suspense in the scenes was well-placed so I checked what other dramas has he wrote. There are so many that are my favourite. There are family dramas like 'Otousan', 'Oyaji', and 'Dare Yorimo Mama wo Ai su '..big hit like 'GTO' and school theme like 'The Queen's Classroom'.I guess now I know why Mita-san character is so robotic and stern.She has some of Akutsu-sensei traits.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 5th, '11, 00:52

OMG! she blinked. finally
Just finished watching ep4 and even though I enjoyed it like previous eps but I really wish they start giving us more hints about Mita.
I am also wondering about one particular scene in opening. when Mita is walking, she stop for a second and it looks like she is either on top of a ladder or on edge of wall both indicating that she is trying to kill herself. I have always wondered about this scene from ep1 and if it has something to do with Mita or it has no meaning behind it.

ep4
I thought it is a bit unbelievable for a kid at Kii's age to mastermind such a plan and actually threatening them with jumping. not only that, but for Arura to show such uncaring reaction when she found out about her sister's suicide. she took it very easily without placing any blame on him which is kind of strange because she still loves her sister.

what I liked the most was when Kii told her father how much she loved him and I bet everyone thought he will say" of course he loves her" and give her a hug but instead he said that "he does not know". I though that was great piece of writing not go same cliche way as most of dramas. now I am thinking that Hiroki Hasegawa is doing a great job as a father who can't love or care about his kids because that was what I had trouble with accepting him as their father. now be it intentional of unintentional. it still worked for this character.
and there was no preview for ep5?
:crazy:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 5th, '11, 02:49

^
Actually just started episode 4 and wanted to say.. she actually did blink (which I'm guessing went unnoticed) in the very very very beginning of the episode while she's cutting up the veggies. Her face is 3/4ths tilted down a bit but there was a definite action of her blinking. ;_; Just wanted to say that lol. I'm gonna come back to write my full opinion on the eppy.

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Nov 5th, '11, 02:50

So I started watching this drama, and I really like the flow of it, except the kids and the father annoys me from time to time. The entire family doesn't even look related!! Aside from that minor annoyance...I think its really ironic that:
Everyone is hating on the father saying that he isn't father material, selfish etc. I mean, the mother seemed like an unstable person to begin with. Like threatening suicide if he didn't marry her. The father is a prude, but at least he is honest and responsible. Even though he doesn't know how he feels towards his own kids, I think he is much more responsible than a mother who would commit suicide leaving four kids she "loves." By committing suicide, it basically shows that the love for her husband was greater than the love she had for her own kids. So isn't the father and mother practically the same? They both regard their lover as more important than their kids. At least the father wasn't coward enough to leave them.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 5th, '11, 04:06

Was it me or did anyone laugh when the kids were running & the dad answered his phone.. they stopped and looked back, then he said "Urara?" and they kept going? LOL! That was actually hilarious.

My thoughts:
Firstly, thank goodness the older sister didn't move them to some dump -___-

I think the overall theme of this drama is human nature.... and being human... more of or lack of and people taking for granted what being 'human' is.. at least on a emotional level. For the father to say "I don't know" I actually didn't see it as finally they're stepping away from cliches (in a way they kinda are) but more like... it was an important factor in this story because it is about this guy who seems to have this good job, 4 kids but.... can't feel like a father to them or a husband towards his ex-wife. For Kii to develop such a plan and after all of that happening... (and her being young and cute.. and strangely it was similar to what her mom did... she was gonna kill herself if they didn't' get back together... while the mom killed herself for him leaving) you would think the 'natural father' feelings will overflow from him but... they didn't. People would be more surprised that they didn't... it was already hinted when the older 3 confronted him but to actually flat out answer "I don't know" to his youngest daughter....

But yeah I think this drama is telling a message of "what certain figures are suppose to be... and how they really are." Like that scene with Urara and the Dad about why she's so happy all the time and her philosophies... Why does she really think if you're positive and always have a smile on your face and do things with love everything will be fine? Humans are conditioned to what we're 'suppose' to do. A dad is suppose to protect, love & provide for his family.. and have natural fatherly feelings but.... not everyone does. There are many people out there who don't have that natural parent instinct... but is it really that natural? Or are we taught to have those type of feelings? Or do they just come to specific individuals? But I think the reason why the dad feels this way towards his children is also because they're partly from a woman he didn't love. Also I now finally know why he acts that way whenever he answers his kids with that stupid "eh?" ...actually it's quite clever ^^ Because he doesn't know how to react towards them.. finally makes sense because it was frickin annoying. He sounded like an idiot >_>

And Mita's character.. she represents what 'normal' humans take for granted: human emotions. She doesn't even have to have her background revealed because I can just see how she is right now and her lack of feelings making everyone else realize how important they are.. and how important it is to have someone in your life to even listen and care. (in a way she reminds me of Anthy from Utena... she's only doing what you're telling her to under a contract) She doesn't have to care and that's why the family get upset with her because she doesn't show empathy. But I think it reflects from their selfishness and expecting someone to pity them. That's my view on it anyway if that makes sense ^^;

She actually blinked twice at the end... the first time right before she said her actual thoughts (what she usually doesn't....) and then when he walked off. It was like.. her blinks 'turned on' and 'turned off' her need to say an opinion. But that was very interesting she did share her opinion...

@LaLaLaDRAMA
I agree totally and actually thought the same thing. Both parents are selfish.. the mother left her children because of him... and he was gonna leave them for some other woman. But I get ughed when this kinda info is kept from the people who need to hear it the most.. but this is what makes it a drama ^^; If the family knew the whole story I have a feeling they wouldn't accept it easily and still blame him so... I actually pity him in a way... but do pity the kids. (I mean he doesn't even know he loves you.. and yeah the mom loved your father more than you guys if she gave up her life like that) But uuughed at the older sister. Just weird to kick out your father yet.. you still expect him to pay the bills in the house & food for them to eat (and school tuition) If he really really really didn't care he would shut it all off and kicked THEM out... like LaLaLaDrama said at least he's taking responsibility even though he doesn't wanna. I actually found the youngest son a bit mature-like because at least he saw the situation realistically... they really can't survive without their father's money. And yeah he still wanna go to a private school.. I don't think he should listen to his sister completely so she doesn't get mad... I don't see that 'boyfriend' sticking around long either... >_>

@Issy
Urara's reaction... I dunno... she is Urara so it didn't surprise me too much..... She probably didn't know how to act... her character doesn't seem that completely fleshed out but once the Dad confronted her with her personality I have a feeling later on we're gonna find out why she acts the way she does (probably because it's her way to deal because she knows of her clumsiness and stuff... but she probably suffers a lot but doesn't know how to express it to still keep everyone else around her happy)
That's a long post ;_; Sorry....... But I really do like this show and I think in a way I can kinda relate to the dad and probably the premise of the show

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 5th, '11, 05:33

«minah» wrote:Was it me or did anyone laugh when the kids were running & the dad answered his phone.. they stopped and looked back, then he said "Urara?" and they kept going? LOL! That was actually hilarious.
You aren't alone, I laughed so hard at this scene, it was just hilarious. Poor Urara. :D

I agree with you on your spoiler-tagged thoughts.

Just one thing
I don't know if it is just me, but I really, really started to hate the eldest daughter...she has no clue about getting money to make a living or to pay school, but was always like "f*** you dad, we'Re out of here". She seems like she has no common sense. The smaler boy seemed more clever when he said, that you have to look at the problem from a more pgarmatic point of view.
Ah, and by the way:

GODDAMN IT, why is Kii so cute...if I were to have a daughter as cute as her, I would have quite a hard time to say "no" to her or to scold her... and I think, there's nothing that makes me tear up quicker, then a cute child. I hope, I don't sound like a pedo, lol.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 5th, '11, 10:13

@GaussAlgorithmus
Totally agree with your spoiler
I mean I understand that he's really doing them wrong... He doesn't even know that he loves them... I wouldn't wanna be in a home with him.. but for her to take ALL of the siblings out even Kii who kinda wanna be there... that's a huge responsibility she has on her shoulders and not fair tot he rest. If she don't wanna be.. SHE should go.. but don't drag the rest too. I'm in a similar situation (I don't think my mom gives a crap about me... and it's increasing more and more but I put up with it since I can't financially support myself

antspace

Post by antspace » Nov 5th, '11, 10:49

And again Mita has necessary equipment in her bag. I really want that bag 8)

Nice comments mina :-)

I do think it is important to keep in mind that the whole family is still in shock. The mother has only died some two months ago and all kinds of different emotions are surfacing now.
Mita serves as a catalist for the emotions and as a mirror. She doesn't seem involved, but sometimes she gives strong advice or, as in the last scene of ep 4 a highly necessary comment. This shows she is very much involved.
She is now the guardian of the children and will probably stay untill the father has figured out his feelings towards his children. It was brave of him not to choose the easy way by acting like he knew he loved his children. His attitude shows that he does love them, but he cannot feel it at the moment. This honesty is very confusing for the children though. They need his love and support more than ever! So, much work to do for their stoic guardian angel Mita san :mrgreen:

ps790

Post by ps790 » Nov 5th, '11, 16:47

With ep 04, Mita's trips to the amusement park gets more and more mysterious. During the first time (ep 03), it is easy to suppose that she buys the food for the children who are following her, but the second time (ep 04) indicates that the amusement park has some deeper meaning. I think it may be significant that Keiichi and the Chojo, Yui, don't know about the amusement park yet. Maybe the dead mother promised to meet Keiichi or Yui (or someone else) there at some time.

By the way, the ロケ地 for the amusement park is the Chiba City Zoo, with scenes shot either at the west entrance or at a spot to the southeast of the ferris wheel. The film crew taped crude paper signs on top of the normal signs identifying the zoo to conceal the location, i.e. there is no place in the real world called "Kodomo Star Land." The outdoor cafe that Mita uses may have been set up specially for filming, since it doesn't appear in Google Map satellite view. I see in the usual Japanese drama ロケ地 WWW sites that the Chiba City Zoo has been used for filming scenes of quite a number of dramas over the years.

Avalokita

Post by Avalokita » Nov 5th, '11, 17:37

The father is not a typical jdrama character at all. This makes this drama very interesting.

He is seriously f**d up.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 5th, '11, 17:44

Mita's trip to amusement park was mysterious from the first time. because she did not know that kids are following her. that's why she was surprised to find them there in ep4.
as for people here more hating the father, i don't. it's not his fault that he feels like that. the person I don't like in the drama even without seeing her, is the mom. I think she was very selfish and uncaring. as I said before, she knew that he husband does not want kids and she still insist on having them. of course, it takes two to make babies but somehow I feel that she kept on having more to keep him trapped and once she discovered that it's not helping anymore, she killed herself to make him feel guilty all his life. of course I don't approve of him cheating on his wife but she should have got the message the first time and not to make 3 more kids.
and I too just had enough of Aya and her behaviour. she acts more childish than Kii and that's annoys me. I would have slap her instead of Kii if I was the father.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 5th, '11, 21:06

@antspace *is shocked someone read her looooong comment* thanks! I'm not sure if I'm thinking too much into the show but... it's going in a direction & portraying something that I've been dealing with (not those situations) for a while so I guess I'm getting drawn by the show.
At first I thought maybe Mita knew those kids followed her when she sat down with the food in eppy 3... but when the camera focused in on the pairs of food... I knew it wasn't for them... all of it was in pairs. I pat attention to when cameras focus on specific things because it's a message or highlighting some significance.. if not, it wouldn't focus ^^; So yeah that's why I think the amusement park and that particular meal is probably something that someone.. who isn't around anymore... use to like or shared with Mita.

@Issy I agree with some of your thoughts too and that's an interesting perspective in regards of the mom.... she killing herself to make him feel guilty.. never thought of that. I do think, however... it didn't have to get to the point that they had 3 more kids... because I'm surprised he was still sleeping with her.. and well... knew he was gonna have kids... so... I can't say he's not at fault entirely (or entirely at fault) but he holds responsibility too.. I just got ticked when he tried to blame it on Mita though.. Um no........ Those feelings need to get out so he can stop lying to his family. And without Mita's actions & presence... that wouldn't have happened.. just like Taisetsu na Koto.. if Haruma never had that encounter with Takei his relationship with Erika would've never deepened or go true feelings not being realized. But yeah definitely agree with that Mita is a catalyst. I still have a personal... discomfort with this dude >< I dunno I guess from Second Virgin lol

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 5th, '11, 23:07

You could argue why he had so many kids before deciding on divorced. But he did mention he was just going with the flow. He resigned himself thinking he's married and he has kids now so he should live like any other people. But one day, he fell in love with a woman. He finally felt love rather than feel burdened. I think he must felt it was his chance to escape and finally live a live he wanted to live. Marry a woman he loves.

I can't really blame him completely if he felt responsible to marry the person who has his child. I think it would have been meaner if he told her to get an abortion. He could have done that. It's not the best choice he could have done. His third option is not to marry her but take responsibility by paying for the child's living expense if she chose to keep the baby. But he chose to marry her (bad idea IMO) and that resulted in him getting caged for years in a family he didn't want.

There's a saying. Loving a person and marrying a person are different things. Some marry and have kids because it's a duty they do because they're forced (arranged marriage) or it's the proper thing to do (pressure by family). Some do that because they've made a mistake and are taking responsibility for it. However, just because you marry a person doesn't mean you love that person. I'm not sure if you get what I'm talking about. In these situations, you better hope your partner never falls in love or if he/she does, it will be with you.

I forgot, there's also third type. Even if you love someone, people fall out of love as well. People's feelings change over time. For example, Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt seemed like the perfect couple. I have no doubt they were really in love. But over time, feelings change. Brad lost his interest and fell for Angelina. It's a good thing they didn't have kids I guess. It would make things complicated. This could happen to either male for female. That's life. Like Issy mentioned. The blame is on the mother. She is selfish and only considered herself. She killed herself so he would be tied down for the rest of his life. He would feel guilty for her death. The kids will hate him for the rest of their lives and he would have a burden to take care of the kids so he can't be with the woman he loves. I think she's nasty.

As for the ditzy aunt. I don't know, but I get a feeling she sort of likes him? She keeps hanging around with the family and saying she wants to be like a mother to the kids. O_o She's an odd one.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 6th, '11, 02:14

^
To be honest though, I get pissed when people 'go with the flow' because that's what my brother's doing... going with the flow.... they weren't really made for each other... they really only got married because of the child... and how we're brought up and raised (raised with morals... but don't see the person who taught them to us following them ^^; ) he wouldn't be expect to marry her because he knocked her up (and their fault for having a child... pregnant after 2 weeks) His wife is a bit two-faced at times and will be times when she wanna start doing everything this way and he's like.. "Eh..whatever..." but that "eh whatever" attitude is paying its toll now with the way she acts/raises the kids at home (so-called 'house' wife.... she sits in the house.. that's about it.......) and they get into tons of arguments especially when he suppresses his feelings about certain issues. He knew what he was getting into because she's like this before they married and gonna keep on being like this. (there's more BS crap like the countless of times she wanted to break it off... their really stupid arguments because it's the same thing over and over again.. I dunno and they decide to have another child but ugh... just... a mess.. yeah my personal reason of not liking 'the flow')

Knowing Japan is a different society (but is changing a lot) it would be more expected I suppose for the guy to marry the woman he impregnates... Actually he already asked for her to get an abortion. I have no comments on this issue since well... if one person wants the child and the other doesn't... well... that's a serious issue though I'm certain he could've still way back then just broke it off with her completely and not claim the child nor have the child listed in his family... and just pay monthly and call it that. But he knew he was getting those feelings of not wanting to be a father & husband to her and just hoped it would change overtime. But still.. I'm just ughed at him going with the flow that many times.. and every time he probably felt like being a father less and less... so in that area, I can't feel bad or feel for him though I understand his side of it. (I guess he separates love and sex or I dunno for him to still keep sleeping with his wife.. that he lost desire for.... I wonder what took him to finally cheat on her because at the same time he could've just found an escort girl...)

I'm from a family that love in marriage barely exist (and may not have at all.. just in my household alone.. mom in a 3rd marriage and no one can tell me there's love in that marriage.. I already knew it wasn't gonna work out) and it's pretty much people having their cakes & eating it too... and it's not just even falling in love with someone... they feel like being with everyone else around them but still demanding their spouse all this crap. This extreme selfishness is something I hate so much and my family is the perfect reason why ^^; And since Japan also have the on omiai's I already know not every person marry for love: business, just because they have to since it's 'that age' (and some are just barely compatible with knowing each other for a few months) finally having a child.. etc. (and globally people who are gay marrying someone of the opposite sex because it's the 'right' thing to do...) I know very well that marriage isn't just for love and love alone doesn't make a marriage.

Yeah the mom is really nasty in this.. and no one's ever gonna really understand and accept that even if it's ever revealed to the rest of the family. But I actually feel bad for the kids in this.. because they don't realize that... it's kinda both parents who don't want them but at least the dad is struggling with his own feelings to still raise & provide for them. I would feel hurt if my mom died for any man if I were their age... But.. hm.. I can see the dad exploding to the kids about this situation and really making the kids realize that... well... their mom couldn't stay around to see them grow up.. did she ever love them too? Were they ever more important than their dad? (kinda reminds me of Mars lol)

I don't sense Aibu liking him... I just sense her.. trying to be that person of justice, seeking to help others & always doing the right thing (and failing........... horribly) And with how she is.. I doubt she would marry him because it might seem 'wrong' to marry your deceased sister's husband... (or even like him a bit I dunno....) If she did like him I think she would keep it hidden (...or try too ^^;;;;)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 6th, '11, 02:45

I wonder what took him to finally cheat on her because at the same time he could've just found an escort girl...)
I don't think he's the type to "fool around". He seems like the responsible type. Otherwise he could have just told GF to take a hike. He'll pay for abortion or else he won't take any responsibility if she decides to keep the baby. She would be on her own and support the baby herself. I've heard of asses like these. I am not for or against abortion. However, I believe a baby should be given a chance to live. If either party decides to keep the baby, both adults are responsible for taking care of the child financially. Another option is to put up the baby for adoption. There are people who can't have kids who would want to have one.

I think he fell in love with the OL. But I don't think the OL was that serious about him. Just because you are serious about someone doesn't mean that person will be serious about you. She said she already found someone else. Not sure if that's an excuse or not. Maybe she felt too guilty to stay with him after what happened. I can understand her situation. She would feel burdened for the rest of her life if she chose to continue seeing him. Also there's the issue with the kids. I don't think she wants to be a stepmother.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 6th, '11, 03:58

Agree.. I think a child should be given a chance..t hey didn't ask for the parents to fool around and be born. I personally think people who aren't ready to have a child mentally & financially and/or are well aware of the consequences and take responsibility really shouldn't be having sex because there's just too many unwanted kids being half-a**ed raised by people who.. really don't give an eff. (even when a condom is worn it's not 100%) so with the whole abortion.. I'm pro-life but still rather it be legal for health-reasons especially if the abortion is unsuccessful illegally and well.. I can't make people believe the same thing I believe so I know there's gonna be people who's gonna get them... rather it be safe... same with sex.. rather they still wear a condom/pill but still know the consequences & own up to it. But yeah it really does suck for the people who can't conceive and live around people getting knocked up and aborting left & right.

Yeah I can totally see her not wanting to get involved in that whole ordeal. She already knew he had a family and she still got with him... and she would probably feel even more guilty to take him away from the kids who now have no mother (And she doesn't wanna be the fault of that either) and I wonder if she got hm.. surprised that even after the truth was exposed about them.. he's still asking her back knowing his kids already strongly dislike her. I don't think she wanna be a step-mother of kids who harbor a type of hate towards you because they already see you as one of the murders of their mother. She's not gonna be stuck with that nor live with that. The WHOLE family is gonna hate her and well... would have a valid reason why. (and if he did marry her... yeah those kids would be gone & I bet they would just get adopted by Urara or the granddad and the Dad just.. really wouldn't be their dad anymore ^^;)

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Nov 6th, '11, 12:04

an interesting theory I read from another community
the mom didnt really intend to kill herself. she was going to just threaten the dad. (this made sense especially she used this trick successfully into coercing him to marry him years ago)

Urara might be behind the incident that made her sis (the mom) died and that's why she didnt show any anger or that much of a surprise when the dad owned up to her. this will explain why she's so eager to make it up to the kids too. it might just have been just a plain accident or urara did plot against her sis to take the dad since it seems like urara got a thing for him. (but then aibu saki's portrayal of urara has no hint of evil so I dont know...)

about mita, I agree with the person who posted before that she must have not followed her boss order in the past and that resulted in a death or two (probably of the boss's kid in the amusement park). that's why she turned emotionless. I think her robotic behavior is just to set the mood and doesn't indicate her being actual robot or anything. (same as her doraemon bag doesn't indicate her having supernatural power. it's just for comic relief)
what do u guys think?

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 6th, '11, 13:20

«minah» wrote:
I personally think people who aren't ready to have a child mentally & financially and/or are well aware of the consequences and take responsibility really shouldn't be having sex because there's just too many unwanted kids being half-a**ed raised by people who.. really don't give an eff. (even when a condom is worn it's not 100%) so with the whole abortion..
At this point, I strongly disagree with you. To abort a "child" at the very beginning of a pregnancy is no big deal...simply because it's not really a child yet, just a bunch of cells that will evolve into something "early child like" in the next one or two months.. I don't see, why anybody who is in a relationship should not have sex...it's not something, you just do for getting children. There are even tons of couples out there, that don't even want children...so, they should never have sex? I don't think so.
noshadow31 wrote:an interesting theory I read from another community
what do u guys think?
The Urara part is an interesting idea...it would indeed explain quite a lot about her character.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 6th, '11, 18:01

I actually don't find anything wrong with abortions depending on the circumstances if it's done properly. I hate it when laws enforce anti-abortions. There may be situations where the mother might wish to have one. Such as if it endangers the life of the mother. Or if the female was raped and got pregnant. The victim shouldn't have to keep the baby. She already suffers trauma from rape. Now she has to endure having his baby? I'm neither pro or against it because some circumstances may warrant it. If neither parents want the child and want to abort it. It's their decision they have to live with. I rather the child get abort than get abused or thrown out on the street later in life if the parents didn't put them for adoption.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 6th, '11, 22:27

@GaussAlgorithmus
If someone gets pregnant with an uh-oh baby and don't intend to take care of it properly (or just wanna simply abort) then yeah... I personally think why even have sex? I know people (the majority) have sex for pleasure but there's a consequences especially when you're in the moment. I don't think that should be a law or anything but... there's way too many unwanted children in the world and 'parents' really not giving a flying crap about them... (and they didn't abort or give up for adoption) Own up to the responsibility of what you did... Maybe it's my own personal experience... and I still see that baby, even during the first week, as a living organism... just messed up of us to deny that life a right to live simply because 'we weren't ready for a child." I actually hate flowers as a gift... though plants have no emotions.. I just think it's messed up to pick them up just to make someone feel special for like... a day.. and they wither and die. We kill them to make someone smile for a moment? I personally am just pro-life... (even against wars or any type of murder) but if someone else wanna get an abortion that's on them because they're a different person and I know I can't change anyone else mind...(I feel the same with many other stuff... I personally may be against something but if someone else isn't that's on them...) but my worry would go more toward the child(ren) than really the parent.... (heck I wanna be a mom right now but it would be extremely irresponsible of me to have one selfishly when I can't even support my own self)

With rape... I think the decision would be hurtful either way.. especially for someone who is pro-life and I think if a situation ever happened to me, it would be extremely hard. But I see it as also perceptions and views because everyone do have different views on the issue. I can't put my views on to others but I'm open to how there are different views out there (just simply being aware)

@noshadow
I guess that's interesting to think she could have something to do at least with her sister's death.. especially since she is accident-prone... her wanting to be the kids 'mom' for making up for the mistake she did...

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 7th, '11, 01:39

«minah» wrote:@GaussAlgorithmus
If someone gets pregnant with an uh-oh baby and don't intend to take care of it properly (or just wanna simply abort) then yeah... I personally think why even have sex? I know people (the majority) have sex for pleasure but there's a consequences especially when you're in the moment.
People will always want to have sex, especially with the partner they love. And, to be honest, there is no reason in my eyes, to forgo sex. A woman wi'll notice if she is pregnant after 4 weeks...or earlier, depends on when the impregnation took place in the menstrual cycle. So, at this point, you can't speak of "life", because it's just a bunch of cells that will eventually form live in a few weeks, but at this early point, it simply isn't.

So, what's better? An abortion? Or an unwanted child, that maybe will never be loved? I say the first.

«minah» wrote:there's way too many unwanted children in the world and 'parents' really not giving a flying crap about them... (and they didn't abort or give up for adoption)
Well, thats often due to laws against abortion or due to social pressure. Or simply because some woman say "I carried it around with me for 9 hellish week, I won't give it away". ;)
«minah» wrote:and I still see that baby, even during the first week, as a living organism...
In the first week, the cells haven't even finished nesting in the uterus. Bones and Organs don't start to exist before the 4-5th week, and brain activity comes way later.

«minah» wrote:and they wither and die.
Technically, they're dead the day they're given to you...at least most of them. ;)
«minah» wrote:I personally am just pro-life...
Then I hope, you're vegan as well. ;)

«minah» wrote: With rape... I think the decision would be hurtful either way.. especially for someone who is pro-life and I think if a situation ever happened to me, it would be extremely hard.
That would really be a surprise. I don't know any woman, who would like to keep a child, she got from someone raping her...

«minah» wrote:I can't put my views on to others but I'm open to how there are different views out there (just simply being aware)
I'm open for different opinions too, but I still see most people as naive or illogical (just one word: religion!). But, I'm a very pragmatic guy, so...

If you want to discuss this further, feel free to write me a PM, because we're somewhat getting waaaay offtopic here. ;)

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 7th, '11, 03:09

Yeah I was gonna just reply to everything you said but.. I guess it is getting a big off-topic ^^;;;;; So I'll just PM you the reply to each of your segment thingys

sora_cantabile

Post by sora_cantabile » Nov 7th, '11, 19:29

about mita's blinking..
i never pay attention in it before i read your comments..so i checked the first episode..
she blinked there..when she explained to Kii what the meaning of "Kaseifu" is..

then about the father..
i started to like his character..not because agree with him, but because of it's kind of new..:D
not loving but caring is a great idea..and i really think that kind of father really exist in real life..

and,,about mita's bag..
they sell it!
it costs JPY 65,000...available the mini one, costs JPY 38,000...and additional JPY 6,000 for the shoulder belt....they should also include the things inside mita's bag!!that's the most tempting for me..lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 10th, '11, 02:57

Ep5 -> 22.5%

SUGOIIIIII!!!!

It's been a long time since I saw an Episode 5 of a J-drama reaches above 20%, not even the "KimuTaku" have that power anymore.

Congratulations to the cast and crews!!

Can't wait to watch Ep5!

Btw, there's a rumor that a movie sequel is planned due to the success.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 10th, '11, 03:08

Omg yaaaaay!!!!!! That's really impressive and something because well.. all of Kimura's dramas for the most part has been 20+ but for this one to not be THE best this season.... I mean still he's on the 20%+ again consecutively for his own personal TV filmography but for the season..... (Nankyou is still a great drama too though ^^) But yeah kinda surprised it didn't break 20%

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 10th, '11, 03:32

«minah» wrote:Omg yaaaaay!!!!!! That's really impressive and something because well.. all of Kimura's dramas for the most part has been 20+ but for this one to not be THE best this season.... I mean still he's on the 20%+ again consecutively for his own personal TV filmography but for the season..... (Nankyou is still a great drama too though ^^) But yeah kinda surprised it didn't break 20%
For Episode 1 to reach 20% is still common nowadays, but I really haven't seen any middle episode to reach that number for a long time. (except NHK morning drama, though)
Kimura lost it since MR. BRAIN, but I like Nankyoku too. In fact, I like Kaseifu and Nankyoku equally^^

NTV really hit it big this time!!^v^ Haha, how long has it been since NTV hit the '20' number? 10 years?^^

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 10th, '11, 04:04

^
Yeah they say the first episode usually have high ratings but to still keep maintaining that rating and get higher isn't easy.

I think Kimura's hair made MR BRAIN lol Omg I was staring at that hair constantly. But the overall drama of Tsuki no Koibito (and was my first time watching him too >_> Yeah I'm kinda late with him lol) I wasn't crazy about but he really did impress me with his seriousness in that role.

I like both too for different reasons. Nankyoku draws me in (not even the cast is what's really making me watch) but yeah I guess the whole story. But that's good for NTV ^^ Dramas have changed a lot though ;_;

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Nov 10th, '11, 06:17

I love Kaseifu no Mita, and I was totally celebrating the ratings until, this was posted.
yanie wrote:Kimura lost it since MR. BRAIN, but I like Nankyoku too. In fact, I like Kaseifu and Nankyoku equally^^
It's one thing to compare dramas and express surprise on how different dramas compare in ratings. Its a whole different thing all together to say something like that about an actor because of this. An actor does not make a drama. If you want to bring Kimura into the picture about attracting ratings, I would say that he (and the rest of the cast) more than did his job when Nankyoku Tairiku started off at 22.2%. As for him "losing it", Mr Brain and Tsuki no Koibito both started off above 20%. For the record, it is not common for even the first episode to break 20% nowadays. Only JIN 2 did it this year, aside from Nankyoku, and if I'm not mistaken, in 2010, only Shinzanmono and Tsuki no Koibito broke 20% on their first ep. It is a cause for celebration.

When a drama does this well towards the middle, building up as it goes, its not just actors anymore, but also plot, storyline and drama direction. We may have actors that we like, whom we look for when we choose which drama to watch, but if the plot really doesn't sit well with us, we would drop it anyway.

Not that I'm saying Nankyoku Tairiku is bad. In fact, I personally love it and I think its very well written, But, if you read the comments about Nankyoku Tairiku, you'll see that many people have dropped it for various reasons. Some find it too heavy and historical. Others have commented that they already know story; therefore, is waiting for the entire drama to come out, so that they can watch it in one go. Then, there are those who are recording it and watching it real time because its too complicated on a first watch, and they want to re-watch it; so they just spend the Sunday evening out and record it. A lot of have also mentioned that they don't want to watch/get attached to a drama where they know that the dogs die. And, while I personally love the drama, there are also people who find the plot boring despite the amazing cast.

I like both dramas. In fact, if we want to bring in actors/actresses, I love both Kimura Takuya and Matsushima Nanako. Even if I'm more active online for Nankyoku and Kimura, Kaseifu and Nankyoku were both dramas I highly anticipated before the start of the season.

So, what I'm trying to say is, I'm not against people comparing dramas or even comparing ratings, Like everyone else, I too am curious to see how each drama is faring against another. I just feel a little rough when it comes to bringing in actors. So, I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but this is just my opinion.

On a more positive note, congrats to the cast and crew of Kaseifu no Mita! :wub:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 10th, '11, 07:18

Sorry if I offend anyone. To avoid OOT getting carried over, I'll put this as spoiler^^ For those who wants to read Kaseifu no Mita - related comments only, you can skip this post^^
As for him "losing it", Mr Brain and Tsuki no Koibito both started off above 20%.
Yup. I meant the last time Kimura's dramas still broke 20% even in the middle of the series, was CHANGE (2008). I believe Mr. Brain had 16% at the lowest point?

When I said 'lost it', I didn't mean it's Kimura's fault that the drama gets below 20% rating.
This is just my POV, but seem like in the past, people would watch ANY Kimura's drama without exception. Does it mean ALL Kimura's dramas for 10 years in a row, has equally excellent cast, excellent script, excellent music, excellent direction, etc, which deserves 20% rating? Seems to me, there were actually people who watch those dramas just because Kimura is in it. If not... was it just plain luck that Kimura's dramas kept hitting the "20" number for a decade?
Starting 2009, along with TV rating slump in general, seem like people "who watch Kimura's dramas just because Kimura is in it", has decreased. It also doesn't mean Kimura has lost his popularity, I believe he has not. The decreasing number could be cause by many factors, including the fact that Kimura's fans is getting alot mature by now, though it doesn't mean they're not fans anymore.

So, I only meant, he lost that 'magical power' to bring in the ratings^^ That's all.
When a drama does this well towards the middle, building up as it goes, its not just actors anymore, but also plot, storyline and drama direction. We may have actors that we like, whom we look for when we choose which drama to watch, but if the plot really doesn't sit well with us, we would drop it anyway.
Of course, I agree. But for the last decade, Kimura's dramas were always a special case^^ But now, Kimura's dramas has lost that "special" factor and become even (in the same league) with other dramas.

I believe Kimura used to be labeled the "Legendary Rating Man" or something like that^^
Even if the audience don't think so, we can't deny the fact that the TV producers and media had always seen Kimura Takuya as a figure who can guarantee "high ratings".

On a side note... I wonder what happened to that old rumors of Kimura Takuya and Matsushima Nanako acting together XD I believe it started in 2003, and surfaced again around 2006. The King and Queen of Drama starring a drama together, the media mentioned them XD Too bad it was only a rumor.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 10th, '11, 09:24

Kaseifu's ratings!^^ I translated this from Japanese wiki.

Apparently it's going well in other areas too ^v^

Btw, I'd like to know more about the kids. It's surprising to me that both of the boys are the same age, 13. And are we sure they're not Johnnys? XD

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Nov 10th, '11, 12:25

@Yanie

I totally agree with you that our discussion is getting OTT, so I've shifted it to a more appropriate thread.

I've replied you here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 00#1434800

:D

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 10th, '11, 16:56

Well.. I'm about to watch the next eppy! I'm kinda excited ^^

@yanie

Well it seems they're not Johnnys lol. I wouldn't think they were the same age but the 'older' son does look older lol (guess his height helps in that too) But that is pretty common when they have different aged-siblings and they're really the same age in real life lol (or sometimes the 'older' child/person is actually younger than the opposing lol) I always found that interesting myself.. but I guess it's all part of acting ^^

-edit again-
Well...... I think this episode was reeeally is starting the roller coaster ride
I suspected Kii was acting like that (wetting the bed, drinking from her juicy cup) outta spite & rebellion of the situation and family not being all together. And y'know what... in a way I Was siding with Kakeru for a bit.. yeah I can't stand that neighbor either (I don't think anyone likes her) and I agree with him during the first confrontation: why do they have to apologize to her? If the neighbor can go off and tell everyone's business and be snooty, heck she shouldn't be surprised when someone does it right back.

And Yui is ticking me off even more -___- It's mainly her who doesn't want Hiroki in the house... and she supposedly don't wanna cause any troubles yet can have some dude try to make out with her practically near her house in broad daylight. The eldest being the most immature and irresponsible... And in a way she's kinda being like her parents ( well.. her dad...) He ran off to some other woman when he couldn't deal with the kids/family... and putting her over his family while well.. she's kinda doing the same thing (and I hope through her actions and if someone pointed it out her she can kinda see what her dad was feeling too) by running off to some guy when stuff was going on with her family. Only difference is Hiroki was married. But the siblings could feel the same way towards Yui like she's turning her back against them for some guy. (who changes his mind about 'breaking up' when she begged to go to his house........) So yeah.... she only gets emotional when her father is around (which I still understand because well... he flatout said he dunno if he loves his own kids)

I loved the ramen scene (until SOMEONE had to ruin it) and loved how Kii was really taking in the moment of her father being home ^^ And I know the father cares for his kids.. he just doesn't know how to say it or express it. And I respect him for being honest with that instead of doing what Urara said. And it's good that Kakeru is reassured and understand that the whole time his father was watching him and observed him even if he can't say with confidence he love his children as a father.. but can see each one of their characters & personalities. Even that flashback of Yui when she was a girl. ^^ He cares for her. Then keeping the father rock with him to reassure Kii that he will eventually come back (and has to so the rock and he can be part of the family again when things are better)

And um..wow... so maybe Urara might be falling for Hiroki.... but I guess the fact that he's not someone who calls her useless or insults her like everyone else does ^^; (so I think she's liking his attention) but I can't see tings being developed with them (unless Urara cracks from her goody-two shoe trying to be positive attitude)

I saw him asking her to do it with him the moment he was playing the PS3 lol I was like "Yup.. he's gonna ask her to do it! Nanako and her minors lol ^^;;;;"

!!!!! So...... it is someone who died........ I had a feeling.... so Mita had a son.. I thought it would either be a child or a lover (at least a past lover since it's an amusement park.. and the two colas were large.. but I guess because if the son was still alive he would be a middle-schooler) Seems like more and more Mita is showing more of her feelings.... it's subtle.. but there. I think the reason she refuses to smile is because.. whatever happened to her son.. I think she had a huge role in his death.... and she may feel like she's not allowed/deserve to smile or show feelings of happiness because the her son is gone. Like it may take a lifetime to atone for his death. But I don' wanna say she was a mother who absolutely loved her son more than anything in the world because this story is dealing with a hesitant father with conflicting feelings toward his child so.. I wonder maybe Mita didn't care for her son when he was alive? Or had the attitude of what a mother shouldn't have.. and didn't realize until it was too late? And her way to make it up to her son's death will be to follow orders and do what she's told instead of indulging in things she wanna do.....? Just my different perspectives of it ^^;; I have so many thoughts of what her experience was....

Oh yeah and LOL when Hiroki just... ran away.... like.. I we always here in dramas the whole "You can't run away from your problems" and you don't see them actually]/i] running away but they are metaphorically by avoiding the situation... he just... literally ran away lol. He looked so goofy while doing it.

Ok done with the rambling... but I am looking forward to eppy 6

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 10th, '11, 23:27

Loved the ramen scene too, it was heart warming. And yup yup, I guess the conclusion of Ep5 is, they do love him, aw...

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 11th, '11, 00:40

just finished watching ep5, I guess minah wrote every thing I wanted to say :P but here one or two things.
the older son, reminds me so much of young Hideaki Takizawa in "Forbidden Love" and funny thing is, there was Nanako Matsushima .
and I just can't believe such a nasty neighbour. first of all, she does not act mature at all. in kindergarten, she shows off her motherly love to a kid and make her feel her mother absence even more. then treats other ones as she is their age and trying to compete or show off. no sensitivity, no maturity in her action. I truly agree with kakeru in wanting her dead. and I have seen these kind of people in Jdramas alot. she is one character that I really dislike here.
and Aya is just getting too much and annoying to max. :crazy:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 11th, '11, 01:05

^
Totally agree.
That neighbor.. I can't STAND those types in dramas.. arrrghhh!! And you know... Kakeru does look like Takizawa *fell for Takizawa in Majou no Jouken lol* too.. coincidence ^^;

You mean Yui right? ^^;; Though Aya is veeeery annoying too lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 11th, '11, 01:25

I meant Yui. Lol! I must have been thinking of MItsu no Aji subconciously. It was Thursday after all :mrgreen:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 11th, '11, 01:32

I do that too.. One time I was writing about Shouta but was subconsciously thinking of Ryuhei and I think I typed Matsuda Ryota or something lol ^^;;;;

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 11th, '11, 07:06

Sooo, I just finished watching ep 5.

- Damn, Yui is really, really annoying. If it wasn'T for her, I think the other kids won't have a problem having their father move back in. She's totally sabotaging it
- Damn, Yui is really, really stupid. It seems, like she got herselfed laid by this guy from school. I mean, I can understand her, that she needs someone to talk to (doesn'T she have any friends? Well, she's Yui, so I guess no ;)), but it seems like she is totally desperate, so she'll do anything to not loose this guy. That brings me to the next point
- Damn, Yui is really, really pregnant...well, not now, but I BET this wil lcome up. There are probably 5 episodes left. We had the introducing episodes, a Kii epsidoe, an "old brother" episode, so I think there will be a "young brother" und "Yui" episode too. And I bet hers will involve her thinking that she is or even beeing pregnant...Whos with me on that?
- The neigbour...reminds me a little bit of the neighbour in freeter. One lesson I learned from JApanse Doramas: If you'Re living in Japan...try not having neighbours. ;)
- Though I think, the old brother was really touching the "over the top border" hard, in the end, the story ended quite ok. I liked the "cleaning together" scene and that he seems to have accepted his father again...at least he doesn't totally hate him anymore. And I liked, that he learned something from hom.

Now, the really interesting part is of course Mita. So, she had a son...I'm really curious what happend to him and how she was involved. But I was wondering: Why did her "boss" do this praying thing to one of these little shrines? I mean, she could pray just for anyone out of sympathy, but maybe, she is Mitas mother? Thought I don't really think this could be myself...but...one can never know. ;)

Ah, by the way: I think Uraras dad is totally bonkers. I mean, he TRIED TO STRANGLE THE FATHER RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS CHILDREN and then went to Kii saying in a nice, calm voice "Ok, let's go home now". WHAT THE FRICK? And now this adoption thing. Jesus Christ...

And, offtoppic, I liked Kimura in Engine. :)

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 11th, '11, 16:03

^
Kinda loled when I read your post.
Totally agreed.... if Yui was outta the picture the family would've came together already. The only person outta the 3 who was anti-Dad was Kakeru and that's because he feels like his own dad doesn't care for his family and even mean anything to his dad. )

Well of course in a teen girl's life a guy is the only person she can 'talk' to who may seem like they 'care' Though that's her mistake right there and if she does get preggers by him.... she may start acting like her mom........

The younger brother kinda had his episode already (being bullied) but yeah Yui's eppy is gonna come up soon.. she's the only one who doesn't approve of their 'father' so I wouldn't be surprised if she got pregnant and that'll be her like, moment to resolve the issues with her dad but... hm.... that seems too smooth & I'm sure this will last for like, 5 more episodes? I think they might found out why their mom died but I really expect something.. not epic, but but an impact to happen towards the end.

And omg! That's crazy. Yeah how is he gonna strangle their dad in front of the kids then expect them to wanna be adopted by him >_>? But I guess as a father, he was angry and that's why he did that. So from his perspective, the reaction was reasonable as a 'father' (something that Hiroki's kinda lacking at the moment I guess... because would he, at least at this moment, maybe strangle Yui's boyfriend if he did some stupid crap?) but yeah... realistically.... yeah.... that wouldn't really fly ^^;;;;;

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 12th, '11, 19:45

The youngest son looks a bit like Oguri Shun in GTO. So far the youngest son seems to be the most rational child in the family. Yui needs a reality check and I'm starting to feel real sad for Mita. She reminds me of Aishiteru Kizuna. She needs help to move on. Hopefully the family she works for can help her.

Regarding Nankyoku. It seems really boring IMO. I tried watching ep 1 twice but I kept falling asleep. I don't understand why people think Antarctica holds the secret to the world. O_o