Let's Go to School, Sang-doo (KBS2, 2003) **Spoilers**

Discuss Korean drama series here.

Let's Go to School, Sang-doo!

Poll ended at Apr 3rd, '06, 05:21

They died in the Car Crash.
51%
Survived and Moved to start a New family together.
49%

Total votes: 97

kapompom

Post by kapompom » Apr 18th, '05, 02:59

aNToK, so sorry.. forgot to put spoiler alert on the top of my post hehe.. :salut: :fear:

btw, i don't think it's a major spoiler because you'll know these things upon watching the beginning of the story..

n about sangdoo's ending.. i guess i'll just stick with what you called as "the original ending" :P

ilovebinderclips

Post by ilovebinderclips » Apr 24th, '05, 00:25

if one exists, can anyone link to a soompi thread on sangdoo???

i personally think they lived, for the above reason--why change the ending from the original, where they died, if not to give the possibility for life? The flashback scene where sangdoo shows up in front of eun-hwan doesn't have to happen for real, but it could just reflect what changed in their relationship, so that they could finally be happy with each other.

also, in the ending scene where sangdoo is disciplining the boys, he seems to be a janitor. but if they had been reincarnated and living life over with him having gone to school (and wasn't he, after all, such a good student?? :P), why would he be doing that, instead of being at least a teacher, the same as eun-hwan, or something like a doctor? on the other hand, if you look at it as if they survived the crash, then it makes sense that he's still a janitor while eun-hwan is the teacher... (okay, maybe this is a silly reason but at least for me it tips the ending towards them surviving...)

also, did anyone else think the relationship between LDG's and Bi's characters was hilarious? the undercurrent of homoeroticism was a welcome bit of lightness after all the heavy stuff of the last few episodes.

msjang

Post by msjang » Apr 25th, '05, 04:59

I searched through the whole forum for this thread!!!

I saw the ending discussion one........but not a series one.

I GOT to say...this is THE BEST korean drama i have seen so far.
The story line is so practical, so genueine, i feel like this story could happen to anyone of my neighbors, or me. Unlike the more dramatic series, Autumn Tale, Winter Sonata, Sad Love Story, this one is a breather yet it can get you teary-eyed and think about your elements in your own life.

What i thought was soooo great about this drama was....it made you laugh sooooo dayam hard at some scenes and make you cry at others. It did so, soooo cleverly. *SPOILER BELOW*
The scene where Sang Doo was drunk and had to be taken to Min-suk's apartment and what happened later was to me the most harlrious part of the drama. I laughed so hard at the scene that i had to pause it and go get away from my computer screen :D
The the saddest scenes were about Sang Doo's sacrifies he made for Bori, and how it was affecting him. The most heart touching scene was when Sang Doo found out that although Bori wasnt his daughter, he still loved her as much, perhaps even more now.

the first half of this drama was pretty funny, so i thought this drama was going to be mostly a comedy. Yet the drama took a surprising turn about 2/3 of the way through, with more thought provoking, heart-touching, and heart-wrenching scenes, which is required of any k-drama, if it wants to be both popular with teens and adults. I do not know how good this series did in Korea, but i think it deserves alot of recognition (which i bet it already has)

How this drama combined comedy and drama all into one, its just plain awesome.

About the lead actor Bi, i first knew him as the person on Music Bank that taught the viewers the Gasoo's dances that was popular at that time (like Boa's number 1, and some others) every week for a short segment(Do any of you guys remember that?????!!!! that was like back in 2001 or 2002.....). I didnt think much of Bi. Then later when he released his 1st album, i listened to it, didint think he can sing particularly well, so contnued to not notice him. Then it was recently that i watched Full House (which i watched because of Song Hye Kyo), but then i thought that Bi's acting was just mostly yelling and being mean, with not much any other emotion, so I thouight that the director selected Bi cuz of his popularity as a singer, not for his acting skills.

But as Full House progressed on, Bi's character showed more emotions, so thats when i began to change my mind about Bi's acting. Then after i watched Sang Doo.....I totally changed my mind about Bi as an actor. Bi is seriously so well rounded, good at both comedy and drama. No wonder he is now so popular in Korea and in all of Asia. He is well-deserved.

This drama is definitely a must watch!!!!!!!!!!

msjang

Post by msjang » Apr 25th, '05, 05:15

I like your point alot ilovebinderclips.

Your point about Sang Doo con't to be a janitor makes alot of sense! I never thought about it like that....thus i am going to choose that they did live and moved to the far country side.

I also loved the relationship b/w Sang Doo and Min-suk....at first they were all enemy like but then at the end they became close buddies....yet the are love rivals..that just made it all the more sweeter. The part about them going to the bathhouse was sooooooooooo funny!!! I love it how Sang Doo was like what???! now you like guys more than girls? is there something wrong with you, then like all touching Min suk's face to see if he caught a cold....HAHAHAAAHHA!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

I can't get over how great this drama is...as many scenes are popping into my mind right now, its kinda like i am day dreaming about all these scenes from the drama right now.
:D

Miss Bouakham

Post by Miss Bouakham » Apr 30th, '05, 07:48

i haven't finished watching it but so far i am loving it! :wub:

the first second got me hooked
bi is so hot when he was walking in that crowd on the street

so far, i love every moment of it!
not one moment of boredom :lol

Dilemma

Post by Dilemma » May 5th, '05, 08:37

I didn't like it... I found the main girl more annoying than anything. She seemed pretty selfish throughout the series and was always thinking about number one. Bi's character was selfless and sacrificed everything to make everyone else happy. I just couldn't feel much between them, i felt like he was too good for her. Only finished the series out of sheer curiousity.

I'm guessing i missed something because i took a long break in watching this because i felt it got too annoying at one point.

xpinkdotsx

Post by xpinkdotsx » May 7th, '05, 00:33

i really havent seen this korean drama..but i've started to download cause i've heard that its really good.....i was wondering if you guys knew a site where i can get english subtitles for this certain drama?.........

joonggook

Post by joonggook » May 7th, '05, 05:28

it's included in the download. just make sure you have the vobsub software. :-)

bakajanai

Post by bakajanai » May 14th, '05, 00:46

as a whole, i thought the series was alright, i didnt like the main guy character that much. He was a big stupid idiot at times and I couldn't stand it. The main girl character was alright even though she was sorta whiny. The last couple of eps i was sooo :cry: . i think the way they chose to end the series was good.

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » May 14th, '05, 10:18

Dilemma wrote:I didn't like it... I found the main girl more annoying than anything. She seemed pretty selfish throughout the series and was always thinking about number one. Bi's character was selfless and sacrificed everything to make everyone else happy. I just couldn't feel much between them, i felt like he was too good for her. Only finished the series out of sheer curiousity.

I'm guessing i missed something because i took a long break in watching this because i felt it got too annoying at one point.
Let me guess you are a girl. From a guy point of view, the girl wasn't all that bad. She was reluctant to give up on him and when she gave up it was because of some misunderstanding. Watch it again you'll see the story is pretty well constructed and logical.

By the way, she cries like a baby. The way she cries make me want to wept with her.

She has the BEST influencial cry I've ever seen in the world, including all movies and dramas I've seen world wide.

Tenji

Post by Tenji » May 14th, '05, 10:42

Damn, It's a very good drama. I enjoy it, but the thing I don't get is the ending. Did they die, or What. Cause it show them at the end enoying life with a new baby. I didn't quite get it? Everybody makes it seem like they die. Let me know

joonggook

Post by joonggook » May 14th, '05, 16:00

tenji...

if you do a search on d-addicts, there's a huge discussion on the ending. the person who started it initially made it a poll to see what we people thought of the ending. it's pretty much split right down the middle with good arguments on both sides for life and death. i thought they lived b/c after all they went through, it seemed too tragic for them to just kill them off at the end.

bakajanai

Post by bakajanai » May 15th, '05, 18:32

Let me guess you are a girl. From a guy point of view, the girl wasn't all that bad. She was reluctant to give up on him and when she gave up it was because of some misunderstanding. Watch it again you'll see the story is pretty well constructed and logical.

By the way, she cries like a baby. The way she cries make me want to wept with her.

She has the BEST influencial cry I've ever seen in the world, including all movies and dramas I've seen world wide.
actually, im a dude :| I just dont like people that are too whiny, its sorta annoying sometimes. Although I do see the other side of it all in that she is that way kuz she just really cared n stuff.

tokyo shounen

Post by tokyo shounen » May 15th, '05, 20:58

One of my favourites, and the girl is both perfect for the role and looks perfect

wuxiaaddict

Post by wuxiaaddict » May 18th, '05, 23:07

I think out of all the k-dramas I have seen so far, this is the best one. Bi is so hot and good in this series. I thought he looked even better in this series than in 'Full House' even though Sang-doo was his first series. I agree that the main girl's crying was pretty annoying but it shows that not everyone can cry silently. I would cry loudly if I am very hurt in my heart but silently if I'm just sad.

The ending for me is very upsetting. My thought is that Sang Doo and Ean-hwan did died together because it shows the blood were gushing onto the pavement possibly bleeding from their heads, and Min-hyuk's shoulders slumped when he touched them. I think it's a good indicator that Sang Doo and Ein-hwan died. Also, Min-hyuk visited Sang Doo residents and met Bori there. When Bori asked why he is here, he said he want to see her father. Then Bori said, "But my father isn't here." Remember what Min-Hyuk said? He said he knows but he thought by coming up here he could actually feel Sang Doo present. Now if Sang Doo and Ein-hwan are really alive, why not visit their resident instead? As for them being together and having a child, I believe that Bori is thinking that her father is happily being together with someone he loves in heaven.

This series touches me so much (I'm still currently watching it but cheated and skip to 16 to see the ending). It's seldom that a father is portrayed so poignantly and the sacrafices he did for his daughter. I cried when Sang Doo and Ein-hwan died. I couldn't believe that the director could be so cruel to the audience as to kill off Sang Doo and Ein-Hwan.

I have thought that Full House, and Stairway to Heaven, and Endless Love were the best series with 'Full House' taking first place but now that I watched 'Sang Doo let's go to school,' I think 'Full House just got bumped to number two spot with 'Sang Doo' taking the lead.

I am so impressed with Bi's acting skill. He can be so funny, or serious. A very talented man. However, I feel that the chemistry between him and Ein-hwan isn't strong enough unlike Bi and Song Hye Kyo in 'Full House.' Nevertheless, it remain my all time favorite k-dramas.

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » May 27th, '05, 23:29

OMFG!!!! this series made me cry soooo bad........ and bi made me laugh, da way he acts is just too adorable... he looks lyk a profesional actor. even though hes just new in acting...,..... i wish he can make more dramas and movies..... :D :D :D i finish it and i was soo friggin shcked!!! its soo nice....I RECCOMEND DIZ TO ANYBODY!!!!!!

da last part OMG!! i tot dey died together. lyk romeo and juliet xcept its an accident..... sang-doo lets go to skool and full house are #1 in mah drama list......... :w00t: :w00t:

overall I fall in love with bi everytime i see him...... :wub: :wub:
hehe........

tonami

Post by tonami » Jun 3rd, '05, 03:30

I just finished watching this series.. and it becomes one of my favorate.

I want to believe that they are alive and live happily. :)

babygrl

Need Help from Sang Doo fans!!

Post by babygrl » Jun 8th, '05, 23:30

I'm dying to know...

In one of the episodes (don't remember which one) bi sings a song while playing on the piano to a woman in a hotel... its an english song and I was wondering if anyone knew the name or artist of that song....

leeunit

Post by leeunit » Jun 8th, '05, 23:34

James Ingram - Just Once

babygrl

Post by babygrl » Jun 8th, '05, 23:43

:cry: Thank you sooo much .... !!

I'd kiss u if i could hehe :wub: been dying to know literally but now i can finally breathe again thanks!

babygrl

Post by babygrl » Jun 8th, '05, 23:45

I hate to be annoying...

but i really liked the way bi sang it.. does anyone know if there is a version with him singing it out there or he jsut did it for the drama?

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jun 9th, '05, 08:14

"I give my vest, but I guess my vest wasn't good enough" :lol

As far as I know, there's none...but if you see any, let me know!
I love that scene too!!! Played it too many times :wub:

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jun 9th, '05, 08:42

But it was a really nice vest! :P

Naah. That one has to be James Ingram. Or for the anally retentive music fan, that song was performed by Quincy Jones with James Ingram handling the vocal...

lavendersky

Post by lavendersky » Jun 9th, '05, 15:23

babygrl wrote:I hate to be annoying...

but i really liked the way bi sang it.. does anyone know if there is a version with him singing it out there or he jsut did it for the drama?
Actually he has performed this song several times, i've uploaded 2 of his perf.

2nd Cloud Meeting in 2003
Recent Perf in Japan 2005

Enjoyz :-)

babygrl

Post by babygrl » Jun 9th, '05, 15:35

omg

Thank you thank you soo much :D

KenQuek

Post by KenQuek » Jun 17th, '05, 16:59

To those who still deciding whether to watch this drama, please try it.

I just finished watching it in 2 days no stop. Well, after watching i was lost for a moment. But had to face the reality. I agree that the story in the drama can happen to anybody, its different from many other dramas.

I rate it NO.1 among any drama/movies i've watched. The female lead is cute too. I was thinking, will i meet such a girl in my life???

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Jun 17th, '05, 22:29

KenQuek wrote:To those who still deciding whether to watch this drama, please try it.

I just finished watching it in 2 days no stop. Well, after watching i was lost for a moment. But had to face the reality. I agree that the story in the drama can happen to anybody, its different from many other dramas.

I rate it NO.1 among any drama/movies i've watched. The female lead is cute too. I was thinking, will i meet such a girl in my life???
Glad to see this drama was so awesome to someone... it is also my fav drama at the current time, but it might be dethroned by emperor of the sea.... neways i thought bis acting was so much better in this one rather than full house... (which most ppl only like b/c hes paired with SHK...... :glare: ) Both leads and the supporting crew did great acting and the soundtrack was flawless... (but no way is any soundtrack gonna dethrone STH which will prob be the godliest korean soundtrack for decades) childhood romances are always the bomb and i wish i had one... (sad love story :cry: just amazing)

solitaire

Post by solitaire » Jun 19th, '05, 11:16

I'm watching episode 15. One last episode to go. I like all the actors in this kdrama. They're very good. I like best the actress who played Sera. She has a pixie and beautiful face. But I can't find her biodata. I wonder if she has played in other kdramas.

OMG, is the ending bad ? judging by your comments. The ending is 'confusing' ? Just like Lovers in Paris ?

:unsure:

KenQuek

Post by KenQuek » Jun 19th, '05, 21:58

solitaire wrote:I'm watching episode 15. One last episode to go. I like all the actors in this kdrama. They're very good. I like best the actress who played Sera. She has a pixie and beautiful face. But I can't find her biodata. I wonder if she has played in other kdramas.

OMG, is the ending bad ? judging by your comments. The ending is 'confusing' ? Just like Lovers in Paris ?

:unsure:
Sera is beautiful, especially when she cries. Wow....

The ending sets you into your final tears. :-)

hacksign

Post by hacksign » Jul 18th, '05, 02:45

I just speed read through the last couple of pages.... this is gonna be the first time I made a second reply in a thread (yay me, I'm almost looking like an active member in the forum ^^)

This is a while back, but I just wanted of offer an explanation for how Sang-doo can be a janitor/security guard and Eun-hwa can be a teacher in the ending even though they're dead. I've already explained how their final message hinted that they died (if you don't remember you can go back and read it later) and it'll also explain why you see them in the position you do in the end. Without getting all philosophical (mainly cause I'm too lazy to), it's the same concept as their final message--it's something done after death. It's a continuation of their lives however set in a new location, "a world without despair." Simply put, death does not erase the last ten year of your lives and that's how Sang-doo can still be a janitor and Eun-hwa a teacher without contradicting the position that they both were killed in the accident.

JojoGirl

Post by JojoGirl » Jul 18th, '05, 21:34

Where is the thread that has the link for the OST and NG? It's not under the ep. links..so I don't know where to get the ng and ost!!!

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Jul 18th, '05, 21:53

************Warning!! Spoilers*******

Just finish watching the Series :cry: :cry: ... and i have to say that I wasn't expecting the series to end that way...
I was extremely surprise in Rain's (Bi) acting in this series... He can be so CUTE , Adorable and funny in one scene and starts crying on the next... ( I was told that this is his first tv series)... i very impress...
The scene that moves me the most was when Bi was cutting his daughter's hair... :cry: :cry: :cry:
The only thing that I didn't like is the ending... For me, I think that they live.. They have to LIVE ... They went through so much, and they have proven to us how much they LOVE each other and to end up dying just doesn't make any sense... what's the purpose of him going to jail and her waiting for him...
I know that base on many people's analysis, many believe that they died... but I can't and won't accept that!!! :x they live happily ever after... done! :D :P

aprylraine

Post by aprylraine » Jul 19th, '05, 07:09

hi, i'm a newbie...anyway...my sang doo thoughts...

i think they died because the writer wants them to be REALLY happy... i mean, without really worrying what's to come next... I mean, if they ever live--- they have to face their OLD problems...like sang doo's not good enough for the lady,,, that his past wud always haunt them--he myt have an AIDS or those kind of disease and in the end, he's just going to die- alone (and a new problem wud arise...that he cud "contaminate" the lady...or those things....no matter how much they try to change and live a normal life...and there's going to be the other factors...the old factors...and...and in this new world the writer writes about...all they have to do was re-fix a life that should have been destined for them....

The writer in a way gave both the lovers a sense of dignity, by taking their lives off in a time where a happily ever after is less needed :cry:

There, and Sang doo's going to have a debut on Phil. TV---we just wish they put this on primetime (the 9:30 weekdays timeslot)... and they change the title... It's going to be called "ALL FOR LOVE". It wud be shown by the same station which gave pilipinos the "full House" (gma 7)...

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 19th, '05, 07:31

They lived.....

JojoGirl

Post by JojoGirl » Jul 20th, '05, 04:39

I just started downloading this series and couldn't help but read this thread. SO although I'm still trying to download ep. 8 (0 seeds) :( I d/led 16 to take a peek and OMG..soooooooooooooooooo sad!

Honestly, I think they died and now they are living a happy life with no despair or pain. But they should've made the truck scene more clear, cause it shows Sangdoo kinda pulling Eun Hwan out of the way and he wrapped himself around her..so logically I wouldn't think it'd be fatal for Eun Hwan..oh well.. :glare:

So yah, it does suck that they died like that, but in a way it's nice to see them together living the simple life they've always wanted! Cause if they were alive I doubt they will just isolate themselves away from their family and friends.

Oh since I haven't seen like ep.7 +, who's that man and the boy in the end? Is that kid named SANG DOO? CAuse that uncle got caught playing GO STOP with the mom and then that man came in with the boy and with the family photo..is he SERA's husband? They named the boy after sang doo? I don't get that!

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 20th, '05, 06:21

You'll have to watch it...

And they didn't die....

orlandobloomforever

Post by orlandobloomforever » Jul 21st, '05, 05:04

they didn' die?
it thought they ran over by the truck..that's what i thought..cuz the doctor was like bori, i miss your dad and stuff..idk =.=v
i think the place is the heaven of eunhwa and bi? not sure..
i love the drama till the end..it was soo confusing..>.<

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 21st, '05, 09:20

It was meant to be. Which is why it's still creating so much interest...

jhcampbell

Post by jhcampbell » Jul 21st, '05, 18:42

i didn't find her to be very attractive either.

i thought moon sera was super cute.

maybe i just dig the hair. i dunno.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 21st, '05, 19:00

Hmm.... Quite frankly, I'm amazed that people are complaining about her. She has her own style and look that are very attractive. Maybe because people are used to seeing her in a supporting role? Check her work in Ruler Of Your Own World. Good stuff. Much as I love Eugene, SHG and KTH, this lady brings a unique charisma to each character she plays that is very appealing to see. (funny note, first time I saw her was as the lesbian martial-arts instructor in Bizarre Love Triangle. Wonder if any of my other favorites could pull off that role... Crappy movie, but interesting character...)

JojoGirl

Post by JojoGirl » Jul 24th, '05, 09:14

aNToK wrote:Hmm.... Quite frankly, I'm amazed that people are complaining about her. She has her own style and look that are very attractive. Maybe because people are used to seeing her in a supporting role? Check her work in Ruler Of Your Own World. Good stuff. Much as I love Eugene, SHG and KTH, this lady brings a unique charisma to each character she plays that is very appealing to see. (funny note, first time I saw her was as the lesbian martial-arts instructor in Bizarre Love Triangle. Wonder if any of my other favorites could pull off that role... Crappy movie, but interesting character...)
HAHAHA me too, I always remember her from that movie. I just watched it again, since I just finished this drama! I really do like her style..she's a good actress..something about her. Even tho Sera had the looks, she was annoying haha..
Man I can't get over it..it's sad they had to die and couldn't just live happily alive with everyone else..it would've been nice to see the FAMILY photo with them and their baby! :cry: Just wonder besides the three movies that Kong Hyo Jin is in, are there any new ones?
aNToK wrote: And they didn't die!
Seriously they died and the Namhae place where they have the baby is in another world (heaven, another dimension) whatever you want to call it, but for sure they are no longer alive in the world where their family and friends are.

Anyone agree?

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Jul 26th, '05, 03:02

dis is just a plain great awsome show.......reccomened it to anybody :D

raiyenj

Post by raiyenj » Jul 27th, '05, 02:09

They writer/director did a hell of a good job to spark the controversy whether they lived or died. Personally, I thought that they were dead and that whole countryside thing was a dream thing. But I did hope that they lived after the accident.

btw, I think sera is way hotter w/ her hair straightened :D

aprylraine

Post by aprylraine » Jul 30th, '05, 06:01

:D this "spark" of an ending wud escalate once more....on monday, sang doo's going to be aired on Phils. Local airwaves (courtesy by the same station which gives us Full house)... more people wud get to see it (tagalized) and i'm sure most will post their "observations" here... let's just wait and see.... am too thrilled...

Rain wud be called "Sydney" and Bori is likely to be named as "guilliane"...LDG wud be "David" and GHJ wud be "Eula"... :D there u go...just an update....

phoung

Post by phoung » Aug 3rd, '05, 07:04

anybody know where download (let go to school, Sang-doo)

JojoGirl

Post by JojoGirl » Aug 3rd, '05, 07:47

phoung wrote:anybody know where download (let go to school, Sang-doo)
Here you go!! :D enjoy
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... sub=&sort=

tranman66

Post by tranman66 » Aug 3rd, '05, 16:22

The ending was a dissapointment. They've been through that much. It built up for a perfect happy ending, but no... It was going to be my #1 favorite. gahhhh. :cry: :x

Happy series make me go back and watch it. but i can't bare see the ending again. It was a happy series all the way through with its humor, should have ended happily!

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 9th, '05, 03:49

yeah, when she came running to him, she would just have made it and they would walk away smiling :/

by the way, anyone know the ratings? would be so grateful

coachrapture

Post by coachrapture » Aug 9th, '05, 18:27

I watched Full House before I watched this and I wasn't really impressed with Rain's acting. However, after this series, I have to give him credit for being a really good actor. The scene where he's cutting Bori's hair made me choke up and I usually don't cry at movies or television shows. Crazy to think that this was his first acting job.

raider73

Post by raider73 » Aug 10th, '05, 04:58

I like the first few episodes and the last few episodes but the show sucked in the middle. That main actor was annoying as hell in the middle episodes. This is the first Korean drama that I had to fast forward through some sections because it was bugging me. As for the ending, I can't decide either. At first, I thought they died but what is the point of having Eun-hwan pregnant at the end if they are dead. I still like it because the last 4 or 5 episodes were great and I couldn't stop watching but I almost quit watching in the middle.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Aug 10th, '05, 05:10

Contrary to the above post, I thought the drama picked up on episode 5 and from then on, I wasn't able to stop watching.

People can go on discussing if they did die or not, but to me, the story kinda ended the moment they got hit by the car.
I thought that the point of that scene was them dying together( or living together, whatever suits you).
Whatever comes after that couldn't erase the vision of Sang-doo running back to protect Eun-hwa.
The later conclusion was just an attempt to make the viewers feel better. Sadly, it wasn't that effective to me.

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by MajidB » Aug 11th, '05, 09:53

It's been awhile since i have seen let's go to school sang doo, but i did figured out something
important... i'm not sure if it has been mentioned.. but here goes

After they got hit by the truck, didn't Bi's head started bleeding? and shouldnt they have bruises after the accident IF they survived?

-Sorry for my messy post, can't seem to remember.. can't even remember where did i save ep 16 on my computer lol :crazy:

/Majid

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 11th, '05, 10:27

They didn't survive IMO. They died right there, together. People are upset about that ending because its well... pointless? No. Tragic, yes. Real life IS tragic sometimes, and everyone experiences a tragic series of events in their life at some point. I know I have. So yes, I believe they died. :cry:

tranman66

Post by tranman66 » Aug 13th, '05, 04:05

I liked the main actress til the end. Her look is normal but ABOVE average. she has a nice smile and sometimes she looked really cute and hot. I think she fits the role perfectly, disagreeing with a lot of the people here. Come on, she wore that cute glasses. lol if shes your teacher, you would think shes hot dont you think? .... anyway, i dont see why you guys dont like her. i wish to see her in more dramas.

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 13th, '05, 09:08

I agree ^^

She has a normal look. Not everyone has can fit into the "celebrity" look. Infact, I usually find plain girls pretty attractive 8) :wub:

AznAngel29

Post by AznAngel29 » Aug 18th, '05, 23:10

I really thought this series was worth watchin it was really good Rain/Bi's acting was great in this series surprise to know that this was atcually his first series as an actor i gota give dis guy props he was amazing especially when he was cutting bori's hair and the main actree kong hyo jin she was amazing i thought she fit her role she was good everybody was good in this series

i think they died at the end after the accident and probably were able to live in a world that noone can ever stop them and bother them anymore from their problems and those who aren't willing to let them love each other

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 18th, '05, 23:55

I don't get how many people call Bi a bad actor, some scenes in Sang Doo he just shines in.

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 19th, '05, 01:30

she is wonderful ;) and bi is a great actor, yeah

tumbles

Post by tumbles » Aug 29th, '05, 05:26

What a great drama this is, finished watching it in a marathon 2 days.

The ambiguous ending is definitely the highlight of this series. I initially preferred to think that they survived, even voted for it. But that was before I read the comments posted in this thread regarding the changed ending to suit the fans. Now I'm more inclined to think that they died.

If the writer approached the drama with the intent to have them die in the crash, I think it makes more sense to evaluate it with that ending in mind. Especially since she still referred to that ending as the final fate of the main characters during the MISA interview. To me, it means she still considers that to be the ending, tagging on the new scenes just masked her intent. In trying to interpret any story, I guess it all comes down to trying to see things from the writer's perpective. Even though in this case it's ultimately left up to the viewers, I'm gonna go with the theory that they didn't survive.

If only I can change my vote 8)

gsxjoe

Post by gsxjoe » Aug 30th, '05, 08:14

tumbles wrote: If the writer approached the drama with the intent to have them die in the crash, I think it makes more sense to evaluate it with that ending in mind.
i agree, but sometimes i wonder what it would be like if they had survived

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 30th, '05, 11:42

Such is life. " What if ":D

bwena87

Post by bwena87 » Aug 31st, '05, 09:44

well honestly i still cant determine they died or not!!! i just finish watchin this series and got to say this one of the best!!

who ever said Bi cant act.. i thought he was perfectly fine... there was a few faults but hey everyone makes mistakes. the last couple of episode esp the last one really moved me... as for the main female lead, i thought she was right for the role aswell! ^^

the scene that broke many hearts and filled eyes with tears was when Sang-Doo had to cut Bori's hair off. i thought it was very moving and Bi did a terrific job!! well done!! if it was in the same situation as Sang-Doo i wouldnt be as strong to do so.

n0_rulez

Post by n0_rulez » Sep 12th, '05, 10:52

this is definitely a must-watch series.
seriously many tear-jerking scenes of sangdoo/bori and sangdoo/eunhwan together.

it's sad watching sang-doo having taken care of bori for 7 yrs and realising it isn't his own daughter.
but he still loved bori after the times they had together.

at times it also seems touching when sang-doo and eunhwan are finally able to be together after overcoming so many obstacles for love.

also, 2 thumbs up to bi's acting skills. simply great. :)

you got to watch this. or you'll be missing out alot on k-dramas! :P

maea_maie

Post by maea_maie » Oct 29th, '05, 11:13

eventhou im sort of disappointed at the leading lady becoz she^s notthat preety and they dont both exactly luk like a gud pair but she^S gud with emotions so its not that bad. it makes me cry so much and also laugh so much. it^s a complicated feeling. nywei, i swooned when Bi sang Juz once wid the piano and i adore Bori and how she acts. I also want to have a love like the 2 leads. first Love and true Love. it^s a special relationship and i envy them. but poor Bi, he suffered so much in the series. the most emotional part for me is when Bi was cutting Bori^s hair and crying in d same tym. all in all, its a very gud drama and the ending... they survived the accident and they decided to live somewhere far away frm everybody so that they could start a new life agn but now, with each other. that^s my interpretation fr d ending. Lee Dong was interviewed in d Philippines and he said something like in the series, 2 of someone close to me will die. i think he^s juz bluffing so dt pipol will get intrigued to watch the series.

n0_rulez

Post by n0_rulez » Oct 29th, '05, 13:01

hmm.. i kind of like your interpretion that they actually survived the car accident and decided to live peacefully away from all the social prejudices. :wub:
at first i believed that they died as others thought so too, but your interpretion was different!
it's incredible how the director allows the thoughts of the audiences to wander and come up with our own endings.
thanks for stating it!! :D

Shorty

Post by Shorty » Oct 29th, '05, 23:22

I just finished ep.4. Its so funny so far. But as some of you said, the movie slowly starts to turn sad. Ahhhhhhh, I can't believe it.

I really like Boris' mother's character in there, even though she dresses like a slut. Lol. And Rain, no doubt, he is sooo funny.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Nov 5th, '05, 21:44

I liked everyone's interpretation of the ending, cuz there really isn't a right or wrong answer. The director clearly wanted people to choose how Sang Doo and Eun Hwan lived happily ever after whether they died & lived in heaven or survived and moved to the countyside.

But if I were to interpret the ending of the story, I would have to agree with the people who think that they survived and moved to their hometown. I noe that Sang Doo loves Bori soo much n would not let go of her but he would giv her up if she kept her promise to be healthy & happy. The only reason Sang Doo could not be with Eun Hwan was because of Bori, and now that Bori does not need to be in the care of Sang Doo, he is free to live the happy life he wants to which is to be with Eun Hwan and live in their hometown. When they got hit by the truck, they both were layin beside each other unconscious and blood came from their head. Bu they never showed if they survived the accident or not. Even though it looked like they were in serious conditions, it is possible that they would have survived the accident like how they survived their long journey of pain. They were both destined for each other and therefore I think fate has not given on them and gave them another chance to live on earth. The portrait was taken during the period when Eun Hwan was pregnant with a baby and I dun think they expected them to come all the way from the countryside to take a picture. The scene of Sang Doo and Eun Hwan at the school was a bit lighter than any other scenes maybe because the director wanted to show that they were living happily in a different place with the same lifestyle only with no distractions as if they were in heaven.

There's some things I was confused about. I didn't really get why Sang Doo turned the other way after seein Eun Hwan which made her run after him. Maybe it was that he saw her with Bori & Min Suk happily walkin together but it still does not make sense. Another thing is that it didn't even look like the truck came close enough to hittin them. It also looked like if Sang Doo didn't run to save Eun Hwan, she would hav made it to the other side.

lt23

Post by lt23 » Dec 21st, '05, 23:42

I was burning a copy of this series for my Rain-loving friends for Christmas (It's amazing how many of 'em have seen Full House 3+ times but haven't seen Bi's better work here.) ... And yes, I got myself dragged into the "best of both worlds" final ending ... Which I hated when I first saw it 'cause:

1) Yes, although the obscure ending was cool and was executed perfectly (leaving clues for both sides) ... Couldn't the genius MISA writer have thought of a better way to "kill off" the main characters? Getting hit by a car is so, so ... I don't know ... Been there, done that? I hate to use the word cliche 'cause it's become cliche haha ... Is there like an epidemic of luvers getting hit by cars in Korea? I can't read Korean, so can anyone translate any news articles for me on this? :-)

2) And what led to getting hit by a car: Sang-doo turning his head? Seriously, what MAN (I don't care if he's a conservative Korean man; he's still a man haha.) after spending a year w/ ugly doods would turn around after seeing a (yes) BEAUTIFUL woman smiling (GHJ makes up for her lack of "plastic goods" with that amazing, natural smile.), dressed in all-white? I (supposedly a man ... even though I'm addicted to K-dramas) would be instantly mesmerized ... For days ...

I know, I know ... Sang-doo feels like he hasn't done anything for Eun-hwan but bring her pain and tears since the revelations ... But that didn't stop him before from hot pursuit ... And that didn't stop him the night before he left jail from staring at her the entire night ... THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM LESS OF A HONRY MAN ... There I said it ... hahaha ... ;-)

I just think he'd open to the fresh start with Eun-hwan and be PUMPED that he can see the healthy Bori ... Not turn around, no? Am I wrong here? I remember when I first watched the final episode I fondly recalled how he left jail alone the first time ... I expected a THRONG of people the 2nd time around (Like the Cha fans) ... And I know that's cheesy, but the show's tone was cheesy to begin with? Since when did this show become freaking Ireland? Haha, I'm not bitter .... hehe ...

But I'm wondering if I'm missing something here ... So, I'm begging my fellow Sang-doo scholars out there ... Please give me some rationale of why Sang-doo would turn around? Before I tell my friends, "Great series but HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE ending."

Yes, don't get me wrong, I thought the rest of the show was tight ... 'Cause it was the perfect vehicle for Rain's debut ... "See Rain playing with children" ... "See Rain cutting onions for children" ... "See Rain in killer suits and ties" ... "See Rain on dates with girl u can relate to" ... "See Rain sitting next to u in school, flirting with u as if he was a pedophile" ... And yes, as a "man," I should be jealous ... But I'm not, 'cause we secretly all luv him, ladies ... Wish we were as stylish and cool haha. He's a MACHINE ... A machine designed by Korean Hollywood to take over the world ...

If Korea was the center of the world (which it is for me), Rain would be the Anti-Christ, Jesus, and Usher wrapped into one perfect package ... Man, I almost sound gay like Min-suk ......... I'M NOT!!! REALLY, I'M NOT!!! :-)

n0_rulez

Post by n0_rulez » Dec 25th, '05, 15:51

my intepretion is that they did not die, they just went to another place without despair ^^... thats what i think
overall its my all-time favourite drama :)
and sangdoo/eunhwan love life was kinda heart wrenching
the ending was kinda unexpected but it was beautiful
especially with the last statement which appeared at the ending
really meaningful

yumeaki

Post by yumeaki » Dec 31st, '05, 17:31

Took such a long time for me to finish d/ling the series (but I'm SO GLAD that there's still seeds one year later :lol ) and finally finished the last episode today.

Actually, when I first watched the first few episodes, I have read about the ending being sad with scenes of the two in 'heaven' in the last episode. I was like "Tsk, I hate sad ending". Nevertheless, I watched on for Bi and frankly, is this a sad ending? I choose to enrol in the school of "sangdoo and eunhwan survived" thought.

Maybe if I have not read about others' comments on the ending before I finished the series, I will be very confused and definitely very upset and will be more convinced that K-dramas always have a sad ending. Maybe it's becos I have no expectation of them living, I'm somehow feel happier with this ending.

Unless this has been a drama on spirits or ghosts, I don't really believe in souls in heaven. It will make the whole drama very unreal and unrealistic. Nevermind that the picture of the countryside life appeared blur (which is definitely the idea to leave viewers with various interpretation of the ending), nevermind that I choose to ignore the scene when Sangdoo appeared in his house when Eunhwan cried out to ask Sangdoo to go to school (don't understand why the insertion of this scene, really), there is this strong feeling inside me that the two LIVE happily ever after.

Though I'm not really interested in this drama as the first few episodes didn't really capture my attention (didn't find the lead attress attractive, didn't really like Bi's hair color, didn't find the school life that funny, and I happened to watch this drama in a season where all the J-dramas were good and did I forget to mention that I was attracted by "A Love to Kill" at the same time too?), I got hooked to the series when Bori's illness started to worsen. What follow are lotsa touching moments...

And with this ending, I'm quite comforted that I have watched this drama.

It's a happy ending.... or so I believe....

jennyvu

Post by jennyvu » Jan 15th, '06, 11:57

can someone link me to somewhere where i can download this drama? because i am TOTALLY lost =[

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Jan 15th, '06, 16:49

jennyvu wrote:can someone link me to somewhere where i can download this drama? because i am TOTALLY lost =[
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

kingyeah106

Post by kingyeah106 » Jan 29th, '06, 02:20

at the very end there was writing:
Even when life deceits you,
Don't be sad or angry.
When the sad days passes by,
A happier day will come to you...
We believe that love is the only hope in this lonesome world,
The thankful people who have allowed,yielded, and permitted our love
We love you and you'll always be remembered
People that forgave our love...
We love you.
From Eun-whan and Sang-doo in a world without despair.

to me that sounded like something you would of on their tombstones >:O

kingyeah106

Post by kingyeah106 » Jan 29th, '06, 02:21

write***

mms

Post by mms » Feb 11th, '06, 03:52

i like the series. i like eunhwan. yes she's not datt pretty, but she has her charms. i like the sangdoo n eunhwan story, how they separated n one day after years they met up again. i like their school days story. i like it how sangdoo had to sadly sacrifice so many things in life after eunhwan departure. i like how eunhwa was always thinking of him, writing letters n cllinging on to zangga as a token to remember sangdoo. n i like eunhwan as a teacher, n how sangdoo although unrealisticly went all the way with his measures to win her, n how she played hard to get. i like it when she says "i loved you from long ago, i love you now, n i'll always love you". nehhh, i'm such a romantic. but then, i dont like why after 8eps 11mins n 28secs of him pursuing eunhwan like hell, n when he gets her, he let her go soo easily. FULLSTOP.

the story then was typical to expect in a korean drama, the complicated relationships n family bonds. it was still good, cos it makes the drama. but still i was enduring the eps in hope of a happy ending, n i mean, the happiest happy ending, not a happy sad or sad happy one. mayb after tons of japanese dramas, i've forgotten dat some korean dramas don't give the same kind of satisfaction when the story really comes to the end. it doesn't matter how i like to picture the ending, either they're still alive, living elsewhere far, or they died in the accident, it always resolves to the latter. i wish sangdoo appreciated eunhwan more, n dat they then lived happily ever after.

all in all, i like the song that ends `my love..´, but i hate the one with the ringing phone
music. i wish it all ended at namhae.