Upload Addict

What's Up?! (MBN, 2011-12')

Post by esmer86 » Nov 30th, '11, 00:34

Title : 왓츠업? (RWat-cheu-eop) :P
English Title : What's Up? / Zero Plus
Episodes : 18
Broadcast Network : MBN

Synopsis
A campus drama that is set in the musical department of a college. It shows the dreams, love, and challenges of the youth.-Hancinema

Cast:
Jang Hee-jin
Daesung
Lim Joo-eun
Im Joo-hwan
Lee Soo-hyeok
Jo Jeong-seok

MBN What's Up! Official Channel

STREAMING EPISODES POSSIBLE THANKS TO THE BIG BANG UPDATES/ BIG BANG VIPS :notworthy:

Trailer 1:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M_tHXR9zgGc" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Trailer 2:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k3V2ZlLg2kU" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Pictures:
Posters:
-taken from HanCinema-
Last edited by esmer86 on Dec 25th, '11, 20:00, edited 4 times in total.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Nov 30th, '11, 00:43

Oh boy, is it a Dream High/Step Up/Heartstrings-mix-drama? Btw. why on earth do so many girls like Daesung? I'm sorry to say it, but he is far from it to be called handsome, he doesn't have much charisma, doesn't seem to be bright. So which part of him is appealing? I'm not talking about BB, their music or their influence (i know, that they are very big in the kpop-industry and i will likely have to die by the hands of the BB-fans, if they read this comment^^).

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Nov 30th, '11, 00:44

Viki page of What's up? uploaded some videos that are cute. One of them is this, awww ajusshi
<iframe src="http://www.viki.com/player/medias/20289/1" width="640" height="360" frameBorder="0"></iframe>
More dancing boyz with Viki here

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 30th, '11, 00:49

oh, Thank you esmer-chan for making this thread. I was going to make one today or tomorrow myself but you were one step a head. :P
Silverman wrote:Oh boy, is it a Dream High/Step Up/Heartstrings-mix-drama? Btw. why on earth do so many girls like Daesung? I'm sorry to say it, but he is far from it to be called handsome, he doesn't have much charisma, doesn't seem to be bright. So which part of him is appealing? I'm not talking about BB, their music or their influence (i know, that they are very big in the kpop-industry and i will likely have to die by the hands of the BB-fans, if they read this comment^^).

it meant to be on air much much earlier than Dream High/Step Up/Heartstring but it did not work out. finally it is here. :cheers:
as for me, I am watching this for totally different person. no interest what so ever in Daesung :mrgreen:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Nov 30th, '11, 00:50

Im not a Daesung hard core fan but I am a fan. From the fan made subs of BB videos it seems like Dae always makes me laugh and that is a major plus in my book. And we have the K.I.D and the emo kid from White Christmas and the scary chick from Soul so Im liking the cast and plus I love Step Up and im a sucker for dancers and BBoyz. :roll
Issy wrote:as for me, I am watching this for totally different person. :mrgreen:
keke, should I take a guess.... :P

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Nov 30th, '11, 01:07

Its one thing to be a fan of somebody. If you are a fan it doesn't necessarily mean you have to think, that "your star" is attractive. I for my part am a Kim Sun Ah fan, but i don't think she is beautiful (although,,,now she has with her mid30s the body of a 20 year old girl^^).But I've read so many comments online like "Daseung is so hot, handsome a.s.o" and i have a hard time to understand it^^. I should have written in my previous comment not "why so many girls like him", but "why so many girls think that he is hot"

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 30th, '11, 08:01

I'm a Dae's fan, but I don't find him attractive at all. He can be cute though. But he's the only one in BB who can sing, and also outside BB he's one of them idols who can sing.

Finally!! Finally the drama is here!! :cheers:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 30th, '11, 08:20

Interesting series. Will take a look. As for Daesung, being "handsome" is entirely subjective sometimes. To his fangirls, he's the most handsome man alive.
For most fangirls, anyone they "love" is handsome. Even if they might not have considered them good-looking if not for the rose tinted glasses of "oppaness".

As for being bright, we don't know the person so it's not something we can judge either. Unless he's been consistently saying very idiotic things and it's obvious.

I am not really into the theme of the series, but it's cable and it's an interesting genre. As long as it doesn't get too "shallow talk of youth and dreams" melo. No teen dramas, please.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 30th, '11, 12:22

Ori, have to disappoint you. The drama is being broadcasted by cable only, not produced. 95% of the drama was ready a year ago, so MBN has little to do with that.

And if Dae didn't win anybody's heart with his "SMELLLL" in SG parody, he won't with this drama, I bet.
I demand singing and dancing in this drama. I demand it!!

But the problem is - they have freaky, creepy, scary, alien killer from Deep-rooted Tree here, so I may pass out if he's as scary here as he is in DRT.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Nov 30th, '11, 12:29

Ethlenn wrote: I demand singing and dancing in this drama. I demand it!!
I think we are gonna see plenty :cheers:

yep about almost all of the drama was filmed when they decided to cancelled it. I can see it going both ways with ratings. 1. the BB fans are gonna make this drama get high ratings with this almost being his return/first to tv or 2. this show is gonna get low ratings because of Dae. As long as I get to watch it, its all good.

Awwww the SMELL~~~~~~ How I love thee so. :mrgreen: Memories

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 30th, '11, 14:00

esmer86 wrote:
Issy wrote:as for me, I am watching this for totally different person. :mrgreen:
keke, should I take a guess.... :P
be my guest :P

I don't really like singing/dancing dramas and this is the first time I see my K.I.D in such role so I am kind of nervous of how I think of it. but thing for sure, I have missed watching LJH :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 1st, '11, 19:50

Ohgodsohgodsohgods...
Some pics from the set
:mrgreen:

HIRMU

Post by HIRMU » Dec 1st, '11, 22:27

daesung? i will watch this

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 3rd, '11, 12:35

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sBDe5AvDOys?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

This is a demo sound, not mixed properly, I hope they release some normal version soon, because, damn... Although he doesn't sound as husky as before, I'm all in!! :mrgreen:

Katrin931

Post by Katrin931 » Dec 3rd, '11, 13:17

Who will be to translate this drama into english???
I want an english subs(((

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Dec 3rd, '11, 15:08

Whats UP! Lunatic DL (OST)

As for the subs no one has this listed as a project yet but most likely DSS will sub this.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 3rd, '11, 15:15

I'll wait for a decent version of this song. Because the vocal and music are too incompatible in this one, but thanksies. It's hard to resist... :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 4th, '11, 01:12

So, I could not wait for subs and had to watch it raw. :mrgreen:
I SO loved the first ep. I thought it was really good. the way it is filmed is like movies and not your normal dramas.
I just can't wait to watch it with subs. but I could not ignore the irony of accident in first 15 mins of drama with DS's real accident. I think everyone will just remember the case specially this is DS first public appearance after what happened.

and I also had to laugh when I saw both of Park Kyu's mom and mother in law again with LJH. I knew about KMK. I just love her acting. :mrgreen:

can't wait for tomorrow's ep. :wub:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Dec 4th, '11, 01:27

Issy wrote:but I could not ignore the irony of accident in first 15 mins of drama with DS's real accident.
I was thinking the same thing! But the making of the drama did come first before the incident but having the drama to air after the incident felt just like a silent but hard slap in the face. Still there was nothing that could have been done about it. :|

Havent watched the whole thing completely but I did skim through it a couple of times. So the whole thing behind the mask was because they thought Dae was to ugly?! Tell me if im wrong but I find that kinda silly but we are talking about the netizens- everything must me perfect :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 4th, '11, 01:35

esmer86 wrote:
Issy wrote:but I could not ignore the irony of accident in first 15 mins of drama with DS's real accident.
I was thinking the same thing! But the making of the drama did come first before the incident but having the drama to air after the incident felt just like a silent but hard slap in the face. Still there was nothing that could have been done about it. :|
yeah of course. and he was proven to be innocent anyway. but still... I am sure there will something written or pointed out by netizens about it.
esmer86 wrote:Havent watched the whole thing completely but I did skim through it a couple of times. So the whole thing behind the mask was because they thought Dae was to ugly?! Tell me if im wrong but I find that kinda silly but we are talking about the netizens- everything must me perfect :whistling:
I think that was the case too. seriously, those netizens and size of their brain. so they had to make him a second Phantom of Opera.

I am just happy to see my LJH on screen again. really missed watching him. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 9th, '11, 17:55

Daesung Interview on MBN News [VIDEO/NEWS]

Anyone who's abusing Dae shall perish. So, who's first? :cussing: netizens? I can bash them all day!!

was reading that mask thingy was the hades' concept, he didn't want to reveal his face so that only his music would be appreciated.
Oh, I feel this drama will bite few sensitive spots.
:wub:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 9th, '11, 18:12

:lol I believe this guy was the first

:wub:

HIRMU

Post by HIRMU » Dec 12th, '11, 17:04

Watched the first episode and i liked it a alot , looking forward watching it more

oxsi91

Post by oxsi91 » Dec 12th, '11, 20:43

how to get seed for eps 3 720p??? :cry:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 17th, '11, 10:03

OK, seriously, no one else is watching this drama? where are all the people who cheered before it airs? :whistling: am I the only one who is really loving it?
I know people might think that I am biased and most of you watching it for DS, but it is one really good dramas of this season.
It's so sad to see it not get much attention. :cry: if only it was aired on KBS, SBS, MBC...very deep sigh :-(
I just finished watching ep 4 and I have to say that I love my LJH even more now. :wub: :heart: . is this even possible?
btw, the first 2eps is subbed and upped on KimichiDrama &YT.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 17th, '11, 17:32

I'm only on ep 2 because I had to stop every drama (eh, real life is a b*tch), but I love what I see^^
You Issy, watch it for your KID, and me... well, for Dae and Oh Manseok, muwahahaha!!! We are both satisfied, right?
Your KID is good, he is^^

But yeah, too bad it doesn't get all the hype it deserves. I'm happy it aired though.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 17th, '11, 17:46

Ethlenn wrote: You Issy, watch it for your KID, and me... well, for Dae and Oh Manseok, muwahahaha!!! We are both satisfied, right?
Your KID is good, he is^^
of course he IS. :P
I am watching it for LJH first but also for every other characters too. they all are interesting. and OMS? the crown prince Sado :wub:

btw, he is no longer my KID. as Ori said, I was just trying to convince myself I have innocent thoughts about him :P ...........but, I do have them too. between some other ones :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 17th, '11, 18:35

Pervy Issy!! Assaaaa!!!!
:whistling: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 17th, '11, 19:05

Will start eventually as well. Might wait for the show to be over and subbed though. It doesn't sound like something that will hold on to me like mad so I might drift away if it takes too long for subs. ^^

Also, glad I helped you see yourself for the perv you are, Issy-kins. I mean, look at that hottie. No matter how young he looks, he's no kid. Give into teh hotness, woman!!! We can't resist our wuuvs! XD

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 17th, '11, 20:09

Lol Ori!
I can resist,me! *cough,cough*
Starting with The Chorus,It might be ,for me, the musical drama,finally,but still need sub so I'll wait for it to end then marathon it !
Last edited by Sham26 on Dec 17th, '11, 20:22, edited 2 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 17th, '11, 20:11

Sham26 wrote: I can resist,me! *cough,cough*
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Like we don't know you, perv!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 18th, '11, 19:11

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 18th, '11, 19:15

Ethlenn wrote:http://www.bigbangupdates.com/
They just released Ep 3^^
Yes, I know :w00t:
Two hours (ep3, ep6) of the boy tonight. :heart: :heart: :heart: :faint:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 18th, '11, 19:38

In order to not get lost before ep 3, I HAVE to rewatch ep 1 &2. I might miss Oh Manseok epic return to school, you know. :heart: :heart: :w000t:
Last edited by Ethlenn on Dec 18th, '11, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 18th, '11, 19:50

His flowery pyjamas/trousers in ep5 were epic. But still, he was :heart:
Ps. Have a feeling that he might die by the end. Remember first ep at beginning where everyone is wearing black?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 18th, '11, 19:54

Yeah... never crossed my mind, I was so heppey seeing him. I just took those suits as graduation outfits, but now...
Hmm... :cry: :cry:

Are we the only ones watching it?
OK, need to go to ep 3.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 18th, '11, 19:56

Don't kill teh hottttiieee!!! Or then kill him in a hot way. :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 18th, '11, 20:00

Orion1986 wrote:Don't kill teh hottttiieee!!! Or then kill him in a hot way. :P
Noooooooooo! No killing of any hotties allowed. In a hot or a cold way. And if they do any harm to my boy, I go after them for sure :crazy:

E-chan, yes! Me & you again. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 18th, '11, 20:02

A hot death can be very... *slaps self*. I'm ok now. Yes! Don't kill teh hottie!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 18th, '11, 21:15

Oh damn, 2 musical sequences in one episode!! I LOVE this series, I do!!

I'm resisting watching without subs, but my resistance is thawing quickly.
Oh Issy, it's a pleasure to heve your company again^^ :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 18th, '11, 21:38

Yes me too. Love every minute of it. People don't know what they are missing.
I thought of waiting for subs but I could not hold myself and had to watch it. There is no way I can stop now.
Ok, which pairing you love E-chan?
I want Jae Hun x Doo RI and Da Sung x Tae Hee :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 18th, '11, 22:58

The same!!:wub:

And although I can't stand the snotty Chae-Young, I guess she'll have her uses.
And even the creep is not that creepy, although the busiest elf in Korea right now.
This one:
And I did cut the last scene in ep 3, it's just too awesome:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4UTooNNdQBU?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 18th, '11, 23:29

:scratch: OK, I need to see both of last eps with subs but something weird is happening with Chae Young and is to do with Jae Hun. maybe I am wrong.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 18th, '11, 23:35

I'm holding off, I don't like ArigaTo cap and I'm waiting for some other. Although WITH is a really crappy quality, and I'm trying to not to sneak peak :cry:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Dec 19th, '11, 01:07

I want to watch this because of Im Joo Eun who was brilliant in Soul which is one of the top 5 best kdramas I've seen, but alas I cannot speak Korean so I must wait for subs

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Shindou-Kun » Dec 19th, '11, 02:43

Ethlenn wrote:The same!!:wub:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4UTooNNdQBU?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
I can't wait to watch this show. I've been looking forward to this one for over a year already. I hope some quality soft subs shows up soon.

Does anybody know if the OST or music can be downloaded from somewhere?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 19th, '11, 06:21

Only Lunatic was released, go to second page of this thread.

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Shindou-Kun » Dec 19th, '11, 10:15

Ethlenn wrote:The same!!:wub:
Ajaj... I can't seem to get this song out of my head X_X.

I hope there'll be some good subs available soon. To bad WITS2 dropped it from the possible project list. I don't think this drama gets the attention it deserve.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 19th, '11, 14:22

A certain someone who rocks has his birthday today... :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 19th, '11, 19:18

I just got back and crawled here!!
1975-12-19, what a wonderful day!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 19th, '11, 19:28

Happy birthday our hot crown prince the professor flower pants :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 19th, '11, 19:36

Shindou-Kun wrote:
I hope there'll be some good subs available soon. To bad WITS2 dropped it from the possible project list. I don't think this drama gets the attention it deserve.
Follow this:http://www.bigbangupdates.com/, they post hardsubbed versions.
Work on soft-subs on DSC is painfully slow, and I have no time enough for this.

It just amazes me, how any sane station could reject this little gem of a drama? Now I bet they regret... BB fandom would boost the ratings.

I swear, if they make a proper OST, I'm buying.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 19th, '11, 19:52

Ethlenn wrote:
It just amazes me, how any sane station could reject this little gem of a drama? Now I bet they regret... BB fandom would boost the ratings.

I swear, if they make a proper OST, I'm buying.
Will they really? I read that its rating is very low because it's a cable show. And wasn't suppose to be aired on MBC. As much as I am happy that finally got picked up and it's airing now, I am also super annoyed that is not aired on one of big stations so we can't have any decent captures. Btw , the last ep has serious sound problems. Is it only me or others noticed it too?
My poor boy is just so unlucky. :pale:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 19th, '11, 20:00

Yeah, I noticed, damn, we are left with bad caps, although Express and I'M are good 720 versions around.

It was supposed to air on MBC, then SBS picked it up, and then it rejected it.
Yup, the ratings are just because it's cable, and not even those older, more established cables like OCN or tvN.

BTS of the drama:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fEjdZd9qOR8?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

OK, and a short introduction to one of the supporting characters - Kim Byeong Jeon, he's played by Jo Jeong Seok who is a really good musical actor, he was in musical Rent, ie. And Rent has its cult status.
In the video below with Kim Muyeol during Musical Awards last year (the same JYJ's Junsu got an award for Mozart!):
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JkYjPF_jXn0?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 19th, '11, 22:10

Ethlenn wrote:BTS of the drama:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fEjdZd9qOR8?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
:w00t: :heart: :heart: :heart: :faint:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 21st, '11, 00:06

I'm sad I have to skip next 2 eps (eh, my life).
Have fun, people, during Holidays/Christmas!!
See you soon!

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 28th, '11, 00:55

I miss E-chan here. :-(

seriously. if this drama continues the way it is, it's no doubt going to be the BEST drama of 2011 and people who are not watching, missing so much.

ok, after watching up tp ep6 with subs and ep7&8 raw, I think anyone can end up with anyone or no one at all. there are different hints all over.
like Jae Hyun with Chae Young, Tae Hee with Soo Bin, Doo Ri with proff Sunwoo? ( :O , of course not...)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 2nd, '12, 17:42

Issy, my love, update me please before I go mad^^
:wub: :wub: :alcoholic:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 2nd, '12, 17:55

:cheers: E-chan is back missed you dear :wub:
OK, so many things happening in What's Up but the pairing as I said is going all over the place
JH likes TH
TH seems to like DS and SB
SB is liking TH
CY likes SB , jealous of TH
and DR, oh my god, she has fallen for Proff SW and already confessed. :O
DS is still confused

OK, I am kind of getting annoyed of TH because now everyone is liking her and I normally don't like girls that every guy in the drama falls for her.
you got 5 subbed eps to watch dear.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 2nd, '12, 18:13

OK, another sleepless night. Wait for me, flower pajama pantied Professoooor!!! I'm coming!!

Yes, I missed you too as hell!!

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 3rd, '12, 23:06

I've only seen episodes 1-6 and at first I expected more but as I got more into it I'm loving it. I've been watching them on DramaFever, Thank God because of the subs are slow with DSS and im not sure but BBUpdates have up to only to the sixth episode. Im not even going there about the releases. Super pissed about that as well. :glare:

LOVED! LOVED! the ending of Ep.3 with the song, thanks Ethlenn for the YT vid. Daesung is my boy!!!! He always makes me laugh :rofl:

As for the love triangle, Im not sure who I want whom to be with. You got the cute, innocent Dae, but the K.I.D and the weird girl has that "history." That girl actually reminds me of my sister :goggle:

Hopefully I can finish catching up with the rest tonight. Cross your fingers!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '12, 23:13

Dae is adorable. His Do Sung is so timid and derpy I can do nothing more than "aww" every second he's on screen.

BBUpdates subbed up to ep 5. No Hulu in Europe... I'm as frustrated as Yucheon in the back here:
Episodes 6-10 tomorrow! Ahahaha!!
And I will cut every damn singing/dancing number!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '12, 20:54

Ep 10 is up^^ :w000t: :w000t: :w000t:

I have to restraint myself, I'm THAT close to raep my screen again. :whistling: :whistling:

YakuZaHime

Post by YakuZaHime » Jan 4th, '12, 21:03

Silverman wrote:Oh boy, is it a Dream High/Step Up/Heartstrings-mix-drama? Btw. why on earth do so many girls like Daesung? I'm sorry to say it, but he is far from it to be called handsome, he doesn't have much charisma, doesn't seem to be bright. So which part of him is appealing? I'm not talking about BB, their music or their influence (i know, that they are very big in the kpop-industry and i will likely have to die by the hands of the BB-fans, if they read this comment^^).
Lol, with a voice like his, I dont see a reason for good looks...

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 4th, '12, 21:55

Ethlenn wrote:Ep 10 is up^^ :w000t: :w000t: :w000t:

I have to restraint myself, I'm THAT close to raep my screen again. :whistling: :whistling:
:w00t: where? where? wheeeeeeere??????? :goggle:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '12, 22:02

YakuZaHime wrote:
Amen to that.

Anyway, ep 10 was slower, that's good, good. I hate Chae Young though. Her face is like female Gollum, and heart like Shelob. Can't believe we will have only 8 more episodes.
Plus, I do like the sting that comes once in a while (or more often to tell the truth) about how entertainment industry works. About surgeries, suicides etc. Perhaps this is why all main broadcasts rejected this drama.

And one more thing - I see no reason to compare this drama to Heartstrings or Dream High. People tend to overlook small yet fundamental detail. Drama about music is not the same as drama about musicals. Every musical is part-music but not every music is musical. The closest to compare would be... The Musical, to be honest. Both deal with "musical" as the main topic, in totally different ways.
Plus, all other dramas were rather inspired by this one, it was shot as the first one, but due to different circumstances postponed for over a year.

Dream High and Heartstrings have nothing in common with this one.

If I'm oversensitive, and nitpicking, sorry, but I've been watching musicals all my life, and Korean ones since Last Empress in 1995, so I feel a bit vexed when people tend to mix those little details up.
Issy wrote:
Ethlenn wrote:Ep 10 is up^^ :w000t: :w000t: :w000t:

:w00t: where? where? wheeeeeeere??????? :goggle:
Kimchi^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 4th, '12, 22:32

Ethlenn wrote:And one more thing - I see no reason to compare this drama to Heartstrings or Dream High. People tend to overlook small yet fundamental detail. Drama about music is not the same as drama about musicals. Every musical is part-music but not every music is musical. The closest to compare would be... The Musical, to be honest. Both deal with "musical" as the main topic, in totally different ways.
Plus, all other dramas were rather inspired by this one, it was shot as the first one, but due to different circumstances postponed for over a year.

I know! I keep saying it's not another dream high.... and it keeps getting compared. I guess it will continue getting compared to those when it was the first one that was made. and all others basically copied it. :crazy:
I curse those damn SBS/KBS/MBC channels for not picking this great drama when it was made every time I don'y have a decent 720p HD ep to watch. :cussing:

E-chan, saw it. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '12, 22:48

I think I'll need to start b*tching about this someplace else. Oh yes... :cussing:
No decent 720 version. I refuse to watch in ArigaTo, the sound is out of synch so badly...

YakuZaHime

Post by YakuZaHime » Jan 7th, '12, 18:05

Ethlenn wrote:
YakuZaHime wrote:
Amen to that.

Anyway, ep 10 was slower, that's good, good. I hate Chae Young though. Her face is like female Gollum, and heart like Shelob. Can't believe we will have only 8 more episodes.
Plus, I do like the sting that comes once in a while (or more often to tell the truth) about how entertainment industry works. About surgeries, suicides etc. Perhaps this is why all main broadcasts rejected this drama.

And one more thing - I see no reason to compare this drama to Heartstrings or Dream High. People tend to overlook small yet fundamental detail. Drama about music is not the same as drama about musicals. Every musical is part-music but not every music is musical. The closest to compare would be... The Musical, to be honest. Both deal with "musical" as the main topic, in totally different ways.

If I'm oversensitive, and nitpicking, sorry, but I've been watching musicals all my life, and Korean ones since Last Empress in 1995, so I feel a bit vexed when people tend to mix those little details up.
FINALLY someone with a brain! OMG, I was seriously getting annoyd at people for comparing Whats up with Heartstrings and Dream High.. And I completely agree, not even close..
I felt that Heartstrings was just plain 'lala~' without really showing the true side, like you said, of the entertainment industry, same with Dream High.. They make it seem as if its all easy.. Lol, but thats what u get when u add idols in a drama, and yes Daesung is an idol, but Big Bang can't be compared to the other idols in the industry, they have always been different and gutsy..
No offense to DH and Heartstrings fans :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '12, 18:42

I made this as the part of bigger article, hopefully it will be also on HanCinema, so more people will get the chance to read that not everyone is as stupid as to compare few dramas just because someone sang one song.
People should see not everyone compares them.

And as for idols - I don't care as long as they can sing, Daesung can, but as you said - BB is not quite the idol band, so it makes a difference. But his talent is not a show-off in this drama. What's Up wasn't created to promote him or YG in any way. It uses his talent only. It tells some story. It's not like Dream High - a showcase for various idols primping for the cameras.

And truthfully, I don't care about Heartstrings' fans, that drama was a pure crap, in my opinion, so I know I'm offending them, and I'm not taking it back, sorry.
Actually, I'm not offending them, I'm offending the drama itself.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 7th, '12, 18:54

Oh godz, are people really comparing a drama about musical actors with one about pretty pretty idols and one about pretty pretty idols who can't act?

Really, almost every kdrama has some form of singing. Let's throw YAB in while we're at it. There's music there. And all the ones with karaoke scenes! XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '12, 18:57

Truthfully, I read on one of DC Gall threads about that comparison. Yes...

Hmm... I haven't thought about karaoke rooms, true true... :mrgreen:

loveimjuhwan

Post by loveimjuhwan » Jan 9th, '12, 12:28

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 9th, '12, 12:52

as much I love LJH :wub: , I am not so sure if we are allowed to post links like this or not. it's best to confirm with a mod.
:whistling:

loveimjuhwan

Post by loveimjuhwan » Jan 9th, '12, 12:58

I don't know how to use the forum. Why does singnature not show and how can I post image?