Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 15th, '11, 22:48

:mrgreen: I knew it.

but now, where to dl or watch? :scratch:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 15th, '11, 22:51

Let's Look has all episodes. And I know WITH S2 Via section subbed it.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 15th, '11, 23:01

:salut: saw them.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Sep 19th, '11, 02:46

GINSENG?!

An entire arc to ginseng?

This show went from good to ridiculous.

Also, I feel like I am watching live action Naruto...fillers included.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 19th, '11, 05:27

JiveTalkinRobot wrote:GINSENG?!

An entire arc to ginseng?

This show went from good to ridiculous.

Also, I feel like I am watching live action Naruto...fillers included.
It's the power of that wooden log in Korea. Not sure for what reasons but writer insist of having her right in the centre of the storyline no matter how ridiculous the plot might get. :crazy:

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Sep 19th, '11, 06:01

yep, getting ridiculous to me. It seems they r over-doing the story-trying to make it mysterious and unpredictable but ending up going around and around, lol. Even the male lead keep running back after he thought he's onto something, lolz.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 20th, '11, 16:40

Hmm.. I have the impression they running in circles and poor idiot Dongsu is just useless as for now. They slowed down a lot. I like slow dramas, but it looks as if they didn't add few fillers to the episode, but used few episodes as fillers.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 20th, '11, 17:01

Ethlenn wrote:Hmm.. I have the impression they running in circles and poor idiot Dongsu is just useless as for now. They slowed down a lot. I like slow dramas, but it looks as if they didn't add few fillers to the episode, but used few episodes as fillers.
they added too many eps. they have to fill it with some thing. :whistling:
4 eps extension would have been just right. but we would have less of IBDS face too look it. :mrgreen:
I read that wooden log's scenes were very very little these last 2eps. :cheers:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 20th, '11, 21:27

So, blade licking assassin lives... I just hoped he could drown in that water. Oh, and our all-time favorite Pinocchio tries to warm up her image... you don't know, poor girly that wood is much liked by fire?

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 20th, '11, 21:34

I guess both have caught the writer in some act or something. as I can't think of any other reason for them to still have scene this far in the drama. :scratch:

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Sep 21st, '11, 01:05

I gave up on this one. Since its a "historical" its "history" to me. Time to move on the next series, hahaha.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 21st, '11, 13:31

I can't give up on this one. I still like it. even if I have to endure scenes of that wooden log. :crazy:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 21st, '11, 14:15

Me neither, I invested too much time, energy and "aww" into it. At least I have to see idiot - JJ kiss.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 21st, '11, 15:21

Ethlenn wrote:Me neither, I invested too much time, energy and "aww" into it. At least I have to see idiot - JJ kiss.
:P I like the "AWWW" factor. YES, the amount of awww used for that idiot is just too high to ignore. specially when he still got it and even more now. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 21st, '11, 22:55

They killed off Sword Saint, and I bet Cheon is dead as well after last fight with Un. But why, please anyone explain me this, the blade-licking dirt is not dead? He's been slashed, burned, yet he still survives somehow.
Just not sure how they are going to fill 6 more episodes. But well, we'll see. But they keep messing up characters a bit, aigoooo...

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 21st, '11, 23:10

:cry: I know.
there are some HUGE plot holes in this drama. like assassin who used to work for defence minister, he also was killed by UN few eps back then he suddenly appeared again and got killed by Kenzo. not to mention the painter guy who is present at two places in one time.
as for blade liking dirt, I have come to conclusion that he is not human. after he survived that fire, I am pretty convinced he is one of those green little men inside of human body. same with wooden log. in her case, she is a robot came down at the same time with him.
Cheon is still alive btw.
I recognised the giant guy. he was in Return Of Iljimae. :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 27th, '11, 20:39

well, It's me again. :unsure:
I loved the last two eps but I did not like the time jump. feels weird and strange. I mean, you know that Cheon is dead :cry: but you still hope that he is not because they did not show any funeral or body.
and I am now seriously pissed at why the blade liking guy is still alive and well. but at the same time seriously loving JJ character. as she is the female version of DS and now even more deserving to be with him. unlike that Wooden Log, who you can see clearly that writer just does not know what to do with her character anymore. so now trying to make her prettier by new hair style and make her follow DS and act as his official gf without showing any feelings or emotions. :crazy: have you noticed that they always make her sit right next to DS in every scene?

and can someone please wipe that smirk of fat minister's son? his character is just so annoying.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 28th, '11, 07:51

Oh Issy, I feel ya. I'm so irritated by the latest eps (mainly cause of the wooden log who clinges to Dongsu).
I feel they wanted to cover too much history in this. They should have made taeha instead and have 50 eps, so that they could put all slo-mo they wanted, two subplots for wooden log etc.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 30th, '11, 00:25

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Watching ep 24,
I am just going to miss SS and Cheon SO badly. OMG, these two are most favourite characters of the whole drama. and also just want to slap IBDS even more for having a selective amnesia regarding who is JJ's real father as it is something SO unimportant that not even worth mentioning. what a true disciple. :crazy:
:cry:

and there is a serious issue with timing in this drama. as Cheon was waiting for DS in his place, it took MS few minutes (after her encounter with Cheon) to get to him. yet it took DS the whole day to go back as he got there by night. :scratch:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 30th, '11, 19:36

I'm pushing it somehow, I will catch up next week (4 eps in one night).
and I've been wondering where did I saw the boy who plays Yi San here, and instead of checking wiki, I was just thinking, finally today I had satori. Jungle Fish 2.

During ep 23 nd 24 I had the impression I'm watching Power Rangers - the evil guys pop up, mess, and disappear without any logical explanation instead of creating a total mayhem.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 1st, '11, 02:28

Caught up with the latest episodes and even last weeks episodes without subs because thats how important it is to me that I have to watch them subs. I keep finding myself visiting other sites while watching the drama....google, DSS, DA. So much for the PD trying to make the show better with the extra epis. Its not bad per se, it is just very typical.
As for Dong su... :doh: I love the man, truly I do but if he doesnt start anything with JJ :cussing: .....I have a feeling that they will "get together" in the last episode subtlety which I dont want. Gotta feel sorry for JJ though, Losing her mother, father, and you could call him the "Step Father" Cheon. Really disappointed they killed him off. I really loved his character.
Yah Im just waiting for the last episode so we can just get some closure and just have it finish already. Did anyone get the impression of Un and Arnold similarities...just with a sword :blink
ImageImage

(while watching ep.21 this scene for some reason this clip cracked me up. I havent seen the Terminator for the longest time but it still creeped into my mind with Un :goggle: :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 3rd, '11, 13:39

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
JJ does all the running around, risking her life and saving that Idiot DS a$$ while JS just sits comfortably and comes and wipes the blood off his hands and then gets all the loving, smile and respect. I seriously hate how they are treating JJ in the drama even though they know by now that she is SS's real daughter. I want to strangle the writer with my own hands.
I just had enough of this stupid preferences they are having regarding that useless woman. :cussing:

bloodbath-angel

Post by bloodbath-angel » Oct 3rd, '11, 23:14

@esmer86: What's the name of the drama on your sig?

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 3rd, '11, 23:25

*bloodbath-angel: Its from a KBS Drama special Princess Hwapyung Weight Loss. The special was just ok but I love that scene from the special hence the sigi.

bloodbath-angel

Post by bloodbath-angel » Oct 4th, '11, 02:34

esmer86 wrote:*bloodbath-angel: Its from a KBS Drama special Princess Hwapyung Weight Loss. The special was just ok but I love that scene from the special hence the sigi.
Thanks! Your sig look so pretty.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 4th, '11, 17:43

Well it seems that Idi....Warrior Baek Dong Su will stop at 29 episode with the last episode being a special. From what I read at Soompi (allkpop is block for me at work for another source) its not comfirmed what is going to be on the special. So really... whats left to put on todays and the 29th episode :scratch:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 4th, '11, 17:48

This drama is the model example of "how to screw a very nice drama up". :-(

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 4th, '11, 18:32

Ethlenn wrote:This drama is the model example of "how to screw a very nice drama up". :-(
Yes! I was going to write a similar thing after today's ep. Total disappointment. I don't even know if I want to watch the last ep or not. :cussing:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 4th, '11, 18:37

When I saw today the smiling wooden log I said: that's it. They should have let her die in Qing anyway... :x

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 4th, '11, 18:47

Ethlenn wrote:When I saw today the smiling wooden log I said: that's it. They should have let her die in Qing anyway... :x
And just in case any one did not get who the writer prefers to end up with IDS for no apparent reason, it was spelled up for you in BIG CAPITAL letters and even made each couple stand next together.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 4th, '11, 21:09

You know what...I might not even watch the last episodes. Truly ruined the whole thing for me. Fine, idiot Dongsu, hope you happy with a log. :cussing: JJ seems like she is better off with the other guy. Sorry, had to lay off some steam....

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 4th, '11, 21:18

They screwed royally with history this time. What about the son that in reality Idiot and JJ had? Crap... What they did with Sado was a bit too much for me, but I found a leniency somehow, but not this, not this... Hope all Korean fans are happy for the wooden emo samini and Idiot happily ever after. :cussing:

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Oct 4th, '11, 21:23

After reading all the latest feedback, I'm glad I quit around ep15. The whole thing just doesn't make sense, lots of running back and forth, I think not only I got lost in it but also the writer, producer and director got lost in it. LOL

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 4th, '11, 21:25

Maybe....just maybe they will have a change of heart which would lead to a DS and JJ relationship in the last episode but thats a big maybe. Still I dont know if it will change anything for me. Again they just ruined it! And to think there are people who is loving it right now :crazy:

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 4th, '11, 21:34

:P it's OK dear esmer. today's ep was just so great and so exciting and I was happy that there is no sign of that log till I saw what I saw. she had one single emotional scene and even that could not be performed right.
I am seriously disliking the actress for ruining what could have been a very good sageuk. her and the writer. and it's not because I like JJ (I did not know both actresses from start so had no previous opinion about both) but her lack of talent made her character annoyingly boring. I can't believe the writer wrote her character as a robot and emotionless. she meant to be strong and reserved , Yes. but her eyes were completely empty and dead almost in every scene. remember the torturing scenes? as she fell asleep and not fainted.
now this is beyond my comprehension. why would you make her character like this and make every guy fall for her character and beauty (it's evil to say, but she is not the prettiest girl in there) when she has none of them.
and why would you write a character like JJ so great and full of emotions and make everyone treat her like dirt and so unappreciated. how many times she had saved IDS and no one even bothered to acknowledge it? :cussing:
it feels like some storyline are written like this intentional for some reasons. to piss us viewers maybe? :cussing:

:mrgreen: I needed to lay off some steam too.

ps. I am also confused about the Jin Ju that is connected to IDS. some say that is a place where a "Lady Yu" comes from and marries DS actually and not JJ the person. so which one is which? :scratch:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 5th, '11, 19:01

I know it might be stupid dropping one week before it ends, but I really couldn't care less about this now. Please, inform me if I should bother and watch last 3 eps, OK?
I hate wooden log, I hate writers, and I hate last 10 episodes of this drama.

Although I have to add one thing, this gambling house reminded me of Iljimae, when PSH beat the crap out of Junki, that was my favorite scene in this drama^^

From Idiot official bio:
부인 : 진주 유씨(晉州柳氏, 1738~1790) (spouse: Jinju, Lady Yu) and she was 5 years older than our royal f*cking idiot!

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 5th, '11, 19:22

I don't blame you. I watched the last few eps online ( because I was bored ) but in no hurry to watch them again with subs because I don't want my blood to boil again over that woman.
I will check spoilers for last ep and decide if it's worth watching or not.

Thanks E-chan for bio, to be honest it does not matter anymore. What a few minutes of DS x JJ ( if the writer ever decided to change the OTP in last minute as a surprise ending) will do when we had to endure the most unrealistic pairing in history of sageuks for whole drama. Idiot DS indeed and even more idiot writer. :cussing:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 5th, '11, 20:56

well I downloaded this weeks episodes in HD but I highly doubt it that I'll watch them. If by some chance they do have DS and JJ together then I'll watch them but for right now fastfowarding is too slow for me.... :x

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 7th, '11, 10:32

Ignoring idiot DS wrong choice in woman, he is still veeeeery yuuuuumy idiot. Specially in last few eps. All thanks to cutie JCW of course. I read that he will have a new drama right after this one. Is it true or just a rumour? Because I do want to watch this kid again. :mrgreen: That's remind me that I still have " Smile Dong hae" ( or whatever the name is ) on the list. :whistling:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 7th, '11, 20:12

Will watch Smile Dong Hae as well. I need to redeem JCW in my mind again. Why you say...why do I need him...like you said Issy, he is a very yuuuuuummy idiot indeed. :mrgreen:
Gotta watch it for Alex as well, another yuuuuumy baby :wub:

Edit: JCW appaerently might be the lead in jTBC Bachelor’s Vegetable Store. If it is true then yeah he should be starting on this one right after IBDS. I'll be watching it as well but where are they getting the names for some of these dramas :blink

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 7th, '11, 20:20

The rumor has it pretty idiot will be in Bachelor’s Vegetable Store drama.
I didn't even download the episodes, need to hear opinion from you all so i decide on finishing or (most likely) dropping this in some infamous way 3 eps before the ending.

Update: esmer... I'm scared now...

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 7th, '11, 20:27

scared??......

what did i do now? :unsure:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 7th, '11, 20:27

We posted the same info at the same time... :blink

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 7th, '11, 20:33

ohhh, well as they say, "great minds think alike" XD

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 10th, '11, 17:08

As all of us thought, WORST ENDING EVER!
just read the spoilers and I am happy to say that I will not watch the last ep. the writer did a very good job of ruining what could have been a good sageuk.
happy to get some extra space on HDD. what a journey. so many wasted ours of my life I never get back. :-(

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 10th, '11, 17:56

I saw the screenshot for a file... I really hate that drama. I'm not finishing it and this drama died for me at the ep 18. And this could have been such a great sageuk.
Proof that leaving characters alive in sageuk is THE WORST solution.

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Oct 10th, '11, 18:40

But, but, but... lol. With the end of Princess' Man was thinking of catching this up, i was in ep.7 or 8. Is it that bad towards the end?

justintorque

Post by justintorque » Oct 10th, '11, 19:04

The final episode is already out.. waiting for subs though... well, i do have the same opinion as the other forumers. Somehow the drama was distorted midway. I was not that keen when the story was just all about jin ju, swordsaint and Gaok. Swordsaint and GaoK romance was more emphasized and the latter dong su becomes a lost soul with no emotions. XD..

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Oct 10th, '11, 19:12

Wow...I stopped at ep 17 to watch Protect the Boss and was thinking of coming back to this...but you guys just totally killed my motivation.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 10th, '11, 21:40

Skimmed through the last episode and yeah...wasted another 5 min of my life. The only thing I found interesting in the last episode was the preview for A Thousand Days' Promise. The only thing that is good about this is what Issy said, all that free space Im gonna have now, Im deleting the whole thing. :crazy:

Have no clue on whats going to be on the special. Probable just having the cast talking and expressing their feelings on the whole thing. Now Im hoping that JCW does come out on Bachelor’s Vegetable Store so I can forget about IBDS and fangirl him in something way better.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 10th, '11, 21:54

Already deleted. I am now a proud owner 28GB of free space on my laptop. :cheers: maybe now I start dling GyeBaek in HD? (well the rest of them)
IBDS is in my worst Kdrama list now. but I still can't dislike JCW so he needs to redeem his image big time in his new drama.
and someone please advise that wooden log SHB, that she better look for another profession to earn her living or if she still wants to, please don't co-star with any of my favourite guys, specially as their love interest. wooden log character (as an actual log) is perfectly fine and decent role. she can fill this role almost in every drama. you don't have any lines to learn or show any emotions. :whistling:

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Oct 10th, '11, 22:52

esmer86 wrote:Skimmed through the last episode and yeah...wasted another 5 min of my life. The only thing I found interesting in the last episode was the preview for A Thousand Days' Promise. The only thing that is good about this is what Issy said, all that free space Im gonna have now, Im deleting the whole thing. :crazy:

Have no clue on whats going to be on the special. Probable just having the cast talking and expressing their feelings on the whole thing. Now Im hoping that JCW does come out on Bachelor’s Vegetable Store so I can forget about IBDS and fangirl him in something way better.
The SP probably details how they manage to successfully turn off viewers, lol.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 10th, '11, 23:29

ImL0st wrote: The SP probably details how they manage to successfully turn off viewers, lol.
If that is the case then I'll watch it :whistling:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 17th, '11, 21:53

Seems like IDS....have to get it through my head that its JCW- hopefully non idiocy

Seems like JCW will be appearing in T-ara's new music video with Cha Ajusshi. I dont listen to the girls but I'll be checking out this vid. Apparently in the music video, Cha Ajusshi is gonna be bullying JCW which leads to a fight between the two. Love to see that! XD but Im telling you now, Cha had better not be getting his ass whooped by JCW. Its just not right :rambo:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 17th, '11, 21:58

The video will be 30-minutes long and they will shoot it for a week in Busan.
Yup, yup more of the hawt bodies coming our way. it's good. Cha oppa will be the bully and Changwook dongsaeng will be the bullied.
I will probably listen the video in mute mode. Tara is not to my liking.
(needs to cleanse myself, boys in K-Entertainment do keep me in the gutter...)
http://news.nate.com/view/20111017n07577

SpankThatAss

Post by SpankThatAss » Oct 23rd, '11, 09:15

The first 20 episodes or so of this drama were so good! It slowed down alot towards the end, I think it's because they added extra episodes due to it's popularity, but I still liked this drama alot. It kinda reminded me of Naruto because there are 2 friends who became enemies because one goes to the bad side (Sasuke), but the good one (Naruto) wants the bad one to come back to the good side and be friends again, plus there was a very cool and likable villain
who ends up showing he actually has a good heart before his dies which reminded me Sasuke's older brother Itachi, or I guess you could say Gaara aswell because of how self tortured he was when he was bad).
Maybe my my mind is kinda blank right now but I can't think of a better villain in any other period-drama.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 27th, '11, 21:57

Twins, Kinky...with a cute smile :alcoholic:
You gotta miss Chun :heart:
Two stills of JCW from the MV
Why do I get an awkward feeling when I see this pics. JCW wardrobe is just weird, something out of the 1970s and CSW just looks out of place

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Nov 3rd, '11, 21:55

So it seems like our IDS will be in Bachelor’s Vegetable Store: The drama is based on the true success story of a young man who turned a tiny (roughly 350 sf) vegetable store into a nationwide franchise. That young CEO, Lee Young-seok, began the operation in 1998 and expanded to 33 stores. A book was published in 2003, and now the story takes to the screen -taken from Dramabeans.

Damn, Dongsu! How come you never fought with your shirt off. Then I would have watched the last episodes. :heart:

SpankThatAss

Post by SpankThatAss » Nov 6th, '11, 01:02

Wow I had no idea he was so ripped. What a beast!

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 6th, '11, 01:37

deleted
Last edited by Issy on Feb 12th, '14, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 15th, '11, 15:17

Alert:not for the faint-hearted
:heart: :faint:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 16th, '11, 00:52

I should know by now that whenever sham posts a spoiler , there must be a half naked guy some where in there. :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 16th, '11, 17:37

Oh is he some 'gratis' to those tangerines? I can buy whole crate then^^

And yes, there is always a chance of naked guy around Sham, hell, one is in her sigi (not that I complains :mrgreen: )

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 17th, '11, 09:29

Issy that is not a naked man. that is a partially clothed youth.

Naked man in An-An. Name of Mukai Osamu. Not partially anything. All Man

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 17th, '11, 09:52

Peggy wrote:Issy that is not a naked man. that is a partially clothed youth.

Naked man in An-An. Name of Mukai Osamu. Not partially anything. All Man
Peggy darling, I said "half naked man" :P
and yep, seen those AN-AN's Osamu shots.....and some others :wink:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 17th, '11, 19:48

Thinking about it,yeah Issy,you're right, now everyone knows I'm a perv !
*goes and hides*