[Discussion] Boku to Star no 99 Nichi

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Mionep

Post by Mionep » Dec 21st, '11, 11:39

I feel bad for the ratings too. The Japanese pride/patriotism can be really strong. Even if that history is true, KTH have show her respect for Japan in many interviews. In her official web site, the messages in hiragana tyoou kawaii~ :wub:
Seems like the Korean fans are more interest in the drama than the Japanese... o.o
ryoerika wrote: I'll probably make a longer one when the drama ends.
Can't wait!! You are really good.

This is also from cafe daum:

It's not from the drama, but Nishijima & KTH. ^^

And the Time Travel - Instrumental
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/wr6MW4X8/__online.html
[ this is mine. ]

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 21st, '11, 15:27

I wonder if any other Korean actress was chosen for this role, would it make any difference to its rating?
specially that lots of other Korean actors doing really really well in Japan.
I remember when I started watching this drama and really loving it, I posted a mv on my FB wall. the first reaction from my Japanese friend was that KTH had some anti-Japanese activities. so yeah. I think it's an important reason to consider. :whistling:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 22nd, '11, 02:12

LJ Community for "Boku to Star no 99nichi" :D
http://99dayswithastar.livejournal.com/

sensei991
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sensei991 » Dec 22nd, '11, 04:10

While this jdrama is still current, I have the same question that was previously asked by Anon but I saw no answer (maybe I missed it?). Anybody know the actor playing Kuma (Kumada Kozue), Kohei's astronomer kouhai? Her name doesn't appear in the drama's credits either in the DramaWiki or at the Fuji TV website.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 22nd, '11, 04:14

Seriously? That's Kato Ai.

sensei991
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sensei991 » Dec 22nd, '11, 04:22

Ahh - Thanks!

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Dec 22nd, '11, 18:21

The diner in the beginning of episode 8 is the exact same place used in Atami no Sousakan.
- Yuna's way of rejecting Kouhei is such an overused cliche, and it wasn't even necessary to include it.

- I knew Kuma's confession would get interrupted. Thankfully that cliche was busted soon afterwards. I was worried she'd never get to say anything (because that would have been another annoying cliche).

- Kuma doesn't have enough screen time. It doesn't mean anything when she confesses, because she's barely been seen and Kouhei has not expressed any interest in her. The episode ends with Kouhei going back to Yuna like Kuma had never even visited him. If she had been around since the beginning, you could entertain the possibility of Kouhei choosing her instead of Yuna, and it would have made the story more interesting too.

- If I were in Kouhei's shoes, I would forget about Yuna. The socioeconomic differences are too much.

- Things are getting conventional. When Kouhei embraces Yuna the music abruptly fades away and we get the typical slow motion shot which is then repeated from another angle. It's so formulaic that it must be a plugin for the Japanese version of After Effects. I'm guessing the first half of the series was made by the more creative half of the director duo.
Have you ever noticed how in dramas everything in Tokyo is within walking distance? Characters rarely use cars or public transportation.
sensei991 wrote:While this jdrama is still current, I have the same question that was previously asked by Anon but I saw no answer (maybe I missed it?). Anybody know the actor playing Kuma (Kumada Kozue), Kohei's astronomer kouhai? Her name doesn't appear in the drama's credits either in the DramaWiki or at the Fuji TV website.
When this situation comes up just Google translate the Japanese Wikipedia page.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 22nd, '11, 19:06

lollercopter wrote:The diner in the beginning of episode 8 is the exact same place used in Atami no Sousakan.
I'm glad, that someone has the same thought about the location as me.
lollercopter wrote: - Yuna's way of rejecting Kouhei is such an overused cliche, and it wasn't even necessary to include it.
So true.
lollercopter wrote: - I knew Kuma's confession would get interrupted. Thankfully that cliche was busted soon afterwards. I was worried she'd never get to say anything (because that would have been another annoying cliche).

- Kuma doesn't have enough screen time. It doesn't mean anything when she confesses, because she's barely been seen and Kouhei has not expressed any interest in her. The episode ends with Kouhei going back to Yuna like Kuma had never even visited him. If she had been around since the beginning, you could entertain the possibility of Kouhei choosing her instead of Yuna, and it would have made the story more interesting too.
Yes, her role is more or less pointless. The only thing she provides us is the fact, that Kohei seems to be a dense person when it comes to love in the past too.
lollercopter wrote: - If I were in Kouhei's shoes, I would forget about Yuna. The socioeconomic differences are too much.
You're such an unromantic person. :p And...this is the whole point about the dorama...if he would back of, that would be like making a drama about car racing, with the main character suddenly saying "pfff f*** off, that's to exhausting". ;)

lollercopter wrote: - Things are getting conventional. When Kouhei embraces Yuna the music abruptly fades away and we get the typical slow motion shot which is then repeated from another angle. It's so formulaic that it must be a plugin for the Japanese version of After Effects. I'm guessing the first half of the series was made by the more creative half of the director duo.

I thought that too. It's a little bit like the typically splitsccreen at the end of most kdrama episodes... I don't mind the slow motion and fading away, when it is used in good spots (like when Yuna kisses him), but in the last episode, it became sort of overused, lol.

lollercopter wrote: Have you ever noticed how in dramas everything in Tokyo is within walking distance? Characters rarely use cars or public transportation.
Yep, and running is ALWAYS faster then taking a cap when you are in a hurry...

I still love this drama and I'm hoping (and rooting) for a happy end =p

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » Dec 26th, '11, 02:10

i wonder what the last ep ratings were. i fairly enjoyed this drama! even though the storyline's not that original it was still a sweet, light-hearted romantic comedy haha.. hidetoshi nishijima is so cute as the clueless, innocent bodyguard!

ep 10:
i was really hoping kouhei's niece would confess to taesung! i thought she liked him haha and they're cute together...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 26th, '11, 07:52

Finale ep's rating was pretty good, 10.9%. Highest among other episodes^^
(next highest was Ep4 = 10.4%)

Rudi

Post by Rudi » Dec 26th, '11, 13:50

This is my first rom-com jdrama, and it is pretty good. :-)
However the rating is too low :O
My question is the low rating because this drama is worse when compare to other jdrama in this genre, or it is simply because of KTH anti japanese issue?

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Dec 26th, '11, 14:05

Rudi wrote:This is my first rom-com jdrama, and it is pretty good. :-)
My question is the low rating because this drama is worse when compare to other jdrama in this genre, or it is simply because of KTH anti japanese issue?
KTH anti-japanese issue? What is that bout?

Rudi

Post by Rudi » Dec 26th, '11, 15:44

koitsu wrote:
Rudi wrote:This is my first rom-com jdrama, and it is pretty good. :-)
KTH anti-japanese issue? What is that bout?
Am I used wrong word? :unsure:
If so sorry then :pale: , what I mean is japanese consideration to KTH as anti japanese actress. This was caused by KTH "campaign" (I don't know whether it's real campaign or not, but that what most japanese see) about Dokdo Island (or Takeshima). That island is disputed by both Korea and Japan and in country like Japan such thing will be respond very seriously (my own conclusion based on reaction which I got when talk about this show to japanese friends.... what pop up firstly from them is bout that "campaign")

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 27th, '11, 01:03

Issy wrote:the first reaction from my Japanese friend was that KTH had some anti-Japanese activities.
Yeah, like when she donated around 7 million yen to the Japanese Red Cross Society to help the region affected by the disaster. :roll

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 27th, '11, 01:42

Wasn't it just a comment made by her abt the island, which was misunderstood by public or something? I thought she has apologized and all.

Anyway, this drama has to compete with TBS' Kimura Takuya's Nankyoku Tairiku, which was aired on the same time slot. Plus, the show kept shoved off by sports shows, that it had to be aired some minutes late than previously scheduled.

rernkent

Post by rernkent » Dec 27th, '11, 21:32

Any similar drama to recommend me? :D It doesn't matter whether its korean or jap.

ruly

Post by ruly » Dec 28th, '11, 11:35

rernkent wrote:Any similar drama to recommend me? :D It doesn't matter whether its korean or jap.
I asked the same thing in the subtitles thread, and i was told this recommendations:

That Fool
Greatest Love
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
Secret Garden

There all Korean

The one that has almost the same premise is "That Fool" i just finished watching it and you wont be disappointed and of course i recommend that you watch Secret Garden while its not an actress and normal person routine, its a rich and normal person drama , hope i helped you :)

rernkent

Post by rernkent » Dec 28th, '11, 13:23

ruly wrote:
rernkent wrote:Any similar drama to recommend me? :D It doesn't matter whether its korean or jap.
I asked the same thing in the subtitles thread, and i was told this recommendations:

That Fool
Greatest Love
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
Secret Garden

There all Korean

The one that has almost the same premise is "That Fool" i just finished watching it and you wont be disappointed and of course i recommend that you watch Secret Garden while its not an actress and normal person routine, its a rich and normal person drama , hope i helped you :)
I watched 'That Fool' too after the recommendation in the subtitiles thread. And it was awesome. Seriously, the best drama i ever watched! Will check out Secret Garden now

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 28th, '11, 15:13

I'd like to watch "That Fool", but when I visit the website from the subtitlers I always get a warning from my virus scanner because of some strange pop up pdf download that starts. And yes, I have a pop up blocker, system up to date etc. pp.

So, without the 720 HAN synced fansubs, no "That Fool" for me.

ruly

Post by ruly » Dec 28th, '11, 22:06

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:I'd like to watch "That Fool", but when I visit the website from the subtitlers I always get a warning from my virus scanner because of some strange pop up pdf download that starts. And yes, I have a pop up blocker, system up to date etc. pp.

You know you could just get the Haru Haru subs from addicts http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_74030.htm and use the raws from here http://gblog85.blogspot.com/2010/05/tha ... plete.html

Rudi

Post by Rudi » Dec 29th, '11, 01:58

ruly wrote: You know you could just get the Haru Haru subs from addicts http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_74030.htm and use the raws from here http://gblog85.blogspot.com/2010/05/tha ... plete.html
Thank you for the direct download since I have tried download the torrents here but it stuck at 5%..... :D

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 29th, '11, 23:04

ruly wrote:
GaussAlgorithmus wrote:I'd like to watch "That Fool", but when I visit the website from the subtitlers I always get a warning from my virus scanner because of some strange pop up pdf download that starts. And yes, I have a pop up blocker, system up to date etc. pp.

You know you could just get the Haru Haru subs from addicts http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_74030.htm and use the raws from here http://gblog85.blogspot.com/2010/05/tha ... plete.html
Ah, I didn't know that there was a thread for this. Thank you. :)

btw., if anyone looks for another drama he/she can watch wile waiting for the next episode and if that person likes rom-coms, I would definetly recomand "Utahime". I loved it!

Rudi

Post by Rudi » Jan 1st, '12, 02:54

ruly wrote: You know you could just get the Haru Haru subs from addicts http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_74030.htm and use the raws from here http://gblog85.blogspot.com/2010/05/tha ... plete.html
Do you have another link for eps 6 and 10? Since the link which you post earlier missing eps 6 part 2 and eps 10 part 4...

ruly

Post by ruly » Jan 1st, '12, 21:49

Rudi wrote:
Do you have another link for eps 6 and 10? Since the link which you post earlier missing eps 6 part 2 and eps 10 part 4...
http://media.sharecentral.net/?p=4075

Here's the Drama with links in Rapidshare and Megaupload , and there interchangeable with the ones from mediafire :)

Rudi

Post by Rudi » Jan 2nd, '12, 01:34

ruly wrote: http://media.sharecentral.net/?p=4075

Here's the Drama with links in Rapidshare and Megaupload , and there interchangeable with the ones from mediafire :)
Thank you very much... this one is really nice drama... :-)

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Jan 7th, '12, 09:56

For someone who is interested in the theme song:

The original version of the theme song is called "Time Travel" by Shinji Harada.

Here are some different versions on youtube:

(Live performance 1978)

(the same live performance i think)

(show in 1978)

(another show in 1978)

(studio record i guess)

(Self cover 1994)

And the cover of "Spitz", i think this version is the theme song of the drama?

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jan 7th, '12, 20:53

So, it finally ended. My thoughts about the last episode:
The good:
+ Takanabe is so damn funny
+ I really didn't expect that "his wheels" would turn out to be a bicycle, they really got me there and I had to laugh really hard
+ Takanabes "fire!" is just awesome
+ Koheis energetic "fire" on the bike and later the tired "fire" cracked me up
+ Takanabes audition at the end...simply lol ;) [I assume, he didn't have to fake his bad english skills...]

The bad:
- The "breakup" between Teson and Momo was a little bit...sad? I don't know, I don't see the reason, why he could not have stayed in Japan for studying. The two would have been a nice couple.
- The "it went to nothing" between the two assistants. Why did they bother to show these two on a trip together and hinting to "him" liking "her" when it's not mentioned anymore?
- The reporter turning out "soft" was ok for me...but how did he get all these photos? Seemed a bit unrealistic to me...especially the "Yuna and Kohei at the telescope" one would have been enough to blackmail the company. I think, that was stupid. A few photos would have been ok, like the one where they kissed, and, of course, the last one where she left crying. But most of the photos were simply unrealistic.

The "I don't know":
So...what is the relationshiop between Kohei and Yuna in the end? Are they a couple? Are they not? I mean, just saying "I love you" to someone, doesn't make those two persons a couple. Are they in a long distance relationship (as lovers), in which she is acting, and visiting him as often as possible as a lover, or are they just "long distant friends", and she only visits him to relax and have fun with him...as a friend? Sadly, I think it's the last option, between Takanabe suddenly tries to go to Hollywood too...he has success in Japan, so where is the reason for him to try? The only one, I can think of is, that he knows taht Kohei and Yuna are just friends, and wants to go to Hollywood because he still loves Yuna and hopes for chance.

What do you think?
All together, the ending
is disappointing and not satisfying to me. It's just...well..."an ending". I don't hate it, but I certainly don't like it either. It's just, that I hoped for something more romantic. I mean, it's a ROMcom, and at the end, there are NO couples out of 3 possible one (or maybe one but like I mentioned earlier, I'm not sure about that).

So to me, the ending is a letdown...I really enjoyed the show and hoped for a good, well fitting ending...

I'm really looking forward to hearing what you people think.

Rudi

Post by Rudi » Jan 8th, '12, 07:19

Yeah, I agree with you the nothing special about the ending since it tell us nothing about what happened between Kouhei and Yuna....

Also that photo album is bothering me too since some of it really unrealistic and silly (but I think the telescope scene is possible to be taken)...
which I consider silly is the one which Kouhei found Yuna was eating Yakiton (why someone take a photo in that situation and Yuna also knew the reporter face?) :scratch:
and the photo in studio where Kouhei protect Yuna (the one which set as header in Fuji TV message section) because we all knew that there is no camera but a group of actors in front of Kouhei... so where those photos coming from? :blink:

Well I think they just take the photos in their gallery randomly and add them there...

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Jan 13th, '12, 11:24

The end:
It all falls apart during the last two episodes. Kouhei and Yuna turn into indecisive 13 year olds and it never occurs to them that they should probably sit down and talk about what they're going to do. So we get Yuna's impromptu press conference where she announces she's going to retire to be with Kouhei, and after that there's Kouhei's impromptu press conference where he announces they have no future together (these kind of public confessions are too much of a cliche anyway). In the end Yuna damaged her reputation and burned bridges with her manager for no reason, and Kouhei ended up dating nobody. Bravo!

Kouhei's way of being a bodyguard on and off is similiarly indecisive. These things should have been streamlined.

At least the hackneyed "rush to the airport" scene was done with self-awareness, and didn't end with Kouhei convincing Yuna to say. The rather unexpected conclusion to the drama-within-the-drama was also very funny.

It's strange that Kuma didn't appear in the last scene, since she's supposed to work in the observatory too. They way her character was handled, it might have been better to not include her at all. She doesn't serve any purpose since she appears so rarely and Kouhei has zero feelings towards her. I would have preferred to have her as an equal alternative to Yuna, with Kouhei eventually choosing her because he has no future with Yuna (that's how things ended with her anyway).

One major problem with the show is that it's very absentminded with its supporting characters and sidestories. Yuna is at first desperate to find her brother, but after she does so the whole thing fizzles out and is not addressed in any substantial way. The romance between the assistants never leads anywhere. Momo's professional aspirations don't seem to have much relevance. Then there's Kuma.

Well, I can see how Tae-sung and Momo fit into the story, but they still seem too underdeveloped. Clearly the script should have been more focused on the characters instead of stupid ~plot twists~ involving the paparazzi.
The show probably started going downhill after episode six, and plunged off the cliff in episode nine. But I guess it was good or at least decent overall.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jan 13th, '12, 14:12

lollercopter wrote:
One major problem with the show is that it's very absentminded with its supporting characters and sidestories. Yuna is at first desperate to find her brother, but after she does so the whole thing fizzles out and is not addressed in any substantial way. The romance between the assistants never leads anywhere. Momo's professional aspirations don't seem to have much relevance. Then there's Kuma.
I totally agree with that. Actually, this is quite sad, because I liked the supporting characters, especially the assistants. I can't really understand, why they didn't make more out of it. I mean, they bothered showing these two go on a trip together and so on...and then it's just dropped. What a waste...
PS: Citizen Kane gif...classic!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 13th, '12, 22:12

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
- The "breakup" between Teson and Momo was a little bit...sad? I don't know, I don't see the reason, why he could not have stayed in Japan for studying. The two would have been a nice couple.
I think he just considered her a friend. She was the one who likes him.
GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
- The "it went to nothing" between the two assistants. Why did they bother to show these two on a trip together and hinting to "him" liking "her" when it's not mentioned anymore?
Yes, they could have elaborated more but I guess they didn't think the characters were important enough.
GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
- The reporter turning out "soft" was ok for me...but how did he get all these photos? Seemed a bit unrealistic to me...especially the "Yuna and Kohei at the telescope" one would have been enough to blackmail the company. I think, that was stupid. A few photos would have been ok, like the one where they kissed, and, of course, the last one where she left crying. But most of the photos were simply unrealistic.
Some of the photos might be unrealistic depending on the angle, but the photographer has solely stalking her. You would think she would notice but I guess he's good at hiding.
GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
So...what is the relationshiop between Kohei and Yuna in the end? Are they a couple? Are they not? I mean, just saying "I love you" to someone, doesn't make those two persons a couple. Are they in a long distance relationship (as lovers), in which she is acting, and visiting him as often as possible as a lover, or are they just "long distant friends", and she only visits him to relax and have fun with him...as a friend? Sadly, I think it's the last option, between Takanabe suddenly tries to go to Hollywood too...he has success in Japan, so where is the reason for him to try? The only one, I can think of is, that he knows taht Kohei and Yuna are just friends, and wants to go to Hollywood because he still loves Yuna and hopes for chance.
They end up together in the end. I think the reason they broke up and got back was because Kohei needed time to access their future. He has nothing to offer her. He has no money and no job. He would be spineless to live off her money. His future is uncertain. There's not always job openings for astronomy which he is aiming for. Also, if she quit her job for him, she would end up being supporting him financially. Which he probably doesn't want. He probably feels he's taking her dream away from her as well by having her quit for him. He broke up so they could both search for their dreams and carry a long distance relationship. I don't think they really broke off. It's just on hold until they could both stand on their own to face each other. I think the hint they are still dating and keeping a long distance relationship is Kohei asking why Yuna didn't keep in touch with him and he was acting jealous asking if she's as nice to her bodyguards as she is with him. And she claims they are completely cactus (no emotion, only doing their job)

As for Takenabe-san, I think he probably wants to expand his career like Yuna did? But his other plan might be to still be to chase her. Since Yuna and Kohei are far apart, their feelings might change over time.
Star no Koi

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jan 17th, '12, 00:03

seirin wrote:
I think the hint they are still dating and keeping a long distance relationship is Kohei asking why Yuna didn't keep in touch with him and he was acting jealous asking if she's as nice to her bodyguards as she is with him. And she claims they are completely cactus (no emotion, only doing their job
When did that happen? The subtitles don't mention anything like that and what she says is translated with "I don't have to call him Cactus".

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 17th, '12, 00:31

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
seirin wrote:
I think the hint they are still dating and keeping a long distance relationship is Kohei asking why Yuna didn't keep in touch with him and he was acting jealous asking if she's as nice to her bodyguards as she is with him. And she claims they are completely cactus (no emotion, only doing their job
[/spoiler]

When did that happen? The subtitles don't mention anything like that and what she says is translated with "I don't have to call him Cactus".

Ahh sorry, I think I was too sleepy to read the subs but I watched their body action and partially skimmed the subs. But the way he was saying it was like he was jealous.

What happened to Hollywood?
You didn't quit did you?

I interpreted that as she didn't keep in contact with him.

"More importantly, you better not be treating your new bodyguard as a cactus too." I interpreted that as, you better not treat them same as me. (flirt/play with them) and "Do not worry. My bodyguard over there is excellent. I don't have to call him a Cactus." I interpreted was, they do what a bodyguard is suppose to do, I don't consider them like I consider you.

Also, "Preparation, aka. "Kouhei Break!"" sounds like she came back for him. She mentions she didn't have to stay in the US to study for her next role. She could study in Japan. That means she could also study back in Korea. But the fact she didn't go back to Korea but went to Japan to see him means she misses him and wants to spend time with him. I would hardly consider that a break up if she's still hanging on and he clearly seems to still like her.

"Still after Uncle Kouhei? He may be away from Yuna, but I doubt you have a chance."
Clearly seems to indicate Kouhei still likes Yuna.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jan 17th, '12, 06:03

seirin wrote:
"More importantly, you better not be treating your new bodyguard as a cactus too." I interpreted that as, you better not treat them same as me. (flirt/play with them)

I interpreted that more like a "don't treat him like a cactus, be nice to him".
seirin wrote:
Also, "Preparation, aka. "Kouhei Break!"" sounds like she came back for him. She mentions she didn't have to stay in the US to study for her next role. She could study in Japan. That means she could also study back in Korea. But the fact she didn't go back to Korea but went to Japan to see him means she misses him and wants to spend time with him. I would hardly consider that a break up if she's still hanging on and he clearly seems to still like her.

I think, she visited him as a friend, because she can relax when she is with him. She seems to really like fooling around with him...but that doesn't make two persons lovers.
seirin wrote:
"Still after Uncle Kouhei? He may be away from Yuna, but I doubt you have a chance."
Clearly seems to indicate Kouhei still likes Yuna.
Maybe...but for me it'S not enough evidence. ;) I only got the "good friends fooling around" feeling from the last scene...not more, not less.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 17th, '12, 06:33

I think if she considered him "just a friend", she wouldn't have been so rash to quit her career for him. They are in between friends and lovers. Why create all that fiasco for a friend? I'm sure she has friends in Korea too. Her brother is in Korea. She should go find him instead if their relationship was just friendship. Seems like Kohei has more priority than her bro.

As for the geek, he already confessed earlier that he likes her. He just doesn't know how to protect her. The only way he can protect her is to let her go free so she can follow her dreams. You don't pull the one you love down with you into the poverty pit and crush her dreams. And he hit poverty when he didn't have a job and couldn't even pay his rent. If I were in his shoes, I would do the same and let her go. It would be spineless to live off her money and make her give up her dreams.

As for their future, I'm sure one day they will be back together when they've both established themselves unless their feelings weaver and she falls for someone else cuz I doubt he would fall for anyone. He's a geek who doesn't notice women. Probably why he's over 40 and still single. He's not the type to fall in love easily. If he didn't love Yuna, he could have dated his ex-coworker who confessed to him. He also wouldn't have been so troubled to think of how to protected Yuna. Also, to give up his dream job to complete a 99 day promise? He's waited so long for that opportunity and he turned it down. Gotta be more than a promise I think for him to give it up.

He is earnestly looking for a new star. I am thinking maybe he will name it after her if he when he finds one LOL

As for my interpretations earlier, I took it as flirting and not taking the translation literally. If you notice, she doesn't call the other bodyguard a cactus. I forgot what she calls him, but it was something different. She only calls Kohei a cactus. Some people tend to use metaphors instead of saying things directly.

jecca

Post by jecca » Jan 17th, '12, 15:47

FIrst time posting in this thread, so I haven't read any comments on this yet (avoiding spoilers, even if most are hidden lol!). I'm currently on the 8th episode and so far, it's decent :) Better than I expected. And of course, I feel like I'm watching a kdrama because of the lead actress :) Can't wait to watch the rest.

VioletSakura

Post by VioletSakura » Jan 18th, '12, 12:33

Isn't Spitz going to release Time Travel???? T_T I miss the song sooo~ much!!!!

namie-chan

Post by namie-chan » Jan 28th, '12, 04:04

sensei991 wrote:The Spitz cover of Time Travel is included in their next album release.
http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/12/spitz- ... m-orutana/ :cheers:
Gracias por la información.

solo_wing

Post by solo_wing » Feb 11th, '12, 11:54

Just finished watching! 8)
I love what points u guys discussed here.
I'm also sad that Momo and Taesung didn't be together. They both are suitable for each other, and at one point I even thought that Taesung would join Momo in becoming dancer/actor as he is shown to have exceptionally dancing skill (except that it was the producer abusing taecyeon as a 2pm member :P )
I am VERY disappointed Taesung chose to study law in korea instead being with Momo. But for the main character ending, I accept it gladly as I see them as working out long distant relationship :thumleft:
This drama should've been 1 hour plus and 20 episodes like k-drama because I really love this! Hope Korean would remake them :P but I know it's impossible, and I only know Japanese who ever remake k-drama but not the other way around

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 11th, '12, 20:14

solo_wing wrote: This drama should've been 1 hour plus and 20 episodes like k-drama because I really love this! Hope Korean would remake them :P but I know it's impossible, and I only know Japanese who ever remake k-drama but not the other way around
Actually, Koreans do remakes of Japanese dramas too. Hana Yori Dango and I think they're going to do HanaKimi. They also did "itazura kiss". They did remake of kimi wo petto in kmovie.

solo_wing

Post by solo_wing » Feb 11th, '12, 23:53

seirin wrote:
solo_wing wrote: This drama should've been 1 hour plus and 20 episodes like k-drama because I really love this! Hope Korean would remake them :P but I know it's impossible, and I only know Japanese who ever remake k-drama but not the other way around
Actually, Koreans do remakes of Japanese dramas too. Hana Yori Dango and I think they're going to do HanaKimi. They also did "itazura kiss". They did remake of kimi wo petto in kmovie.
ah...good to know.i just wish it could happen.perhaps the Han Yuna would be change to be japanese and the set in korea? :P
but it all depends on other characters actor/actress too. i just love how this series have so many cute and lovable face actors/actresses in them :D

EDIT: those dramas you mentioned, it's actually from Japanese manga that are already popular in Korea...they definitely won't remake from j-drama I guess :-(

sensei991
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sensei991 » Feb 12th, '12, 21:18

For those fans of the theme Time Travel by Spitz, some kind soul has posted it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYhMSppJteI

I suggest watching or ripping quickly since I suspect that it may disappear soon.

solo_wing

Post by solo_wing » Feb 13th, '12, 05:33

Hey guys, just a little contribution. I collected 4 songs that I heard in the series. Feel free to download them! :wink: :music:

mediafire

EDIT:
The 4 songs are:
i) Spitz - Time Travel
ii) 2PM - I'm Your Man
iii) Crystal Kay - Superman
iv) Crystal Kay - Superman (Piano Ver.)
Last edited by solo_wing on Mar 9th, '12, 09:30, edited 4 times in total.

Wiriamu

Post by Wiriamu » Feb 13th, '12, 06:48

Just uploaded the entire OST if anyone is interested, connection is kinda acting up tonight so its kind of slow going right now...

Enjoy

link ->
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_105245.htm

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Feb 14th, '12, 01:03

seirin wrote:Actually, Koreans do remakes of Japanese dramas too. Hana Yori Dango and I think they're going to do HanaKimi. They also did "itazura kiss". They did remake of kimi wo petto in kmovie.
Operation Proposal recently started as well.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Operation_Proposal

solo_wing

Post by solo_wing » Feb 16th, '12, 01:57

Hey, do anyone know the actress that played Hee Jin? :unsure:
She's kinda cute 8)

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Feb 16th, '12, 12:38

Her name ist Hanae Kan. :)

solo_wing

Post by solo_wing » Feb 17th, '12, 00:59

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:Her name ist Hanae Kan. :)
thank you.
so she's really korean eh? :unsure:
more precisely Zainichi?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 31st, '12, 12:01

NG scenes from the drama!^^ I missed this cast!

Download here: http://yanie02.livejournal.com/159014.html

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Apr 2nd, '12, 01:18

yanie wrote:NG scenes from the drama!^^ I missed this cast!
Thanks for the share. :thumright: