So, What Kdrama are you currently watching?

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Neliets

Post by Neliets » Nov 26th, '11, 12:48

I finished Midas few days ago. While I was watching Midas I was downlaoding Robber. Heard about it somewhere. Now I began to watch the first episode and who's there? Midas male lead again! :D I had no idea, really :D

EDIT: I love one guy's name in this drama(Robber) - Kim Man Du. Translated it means "Seaweed dumpling" ^^

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 28th, '11, 07:41

Birdie Buddy- when does she stop whining and golf?

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Nov 28th, '11, 11:50

Never

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 28th, '11, 15:19

Who Are You?- I've watched 2 episodes but I'm not sure I like it honestly even though I can't say why exactly I think I'm leaning towards not liking it, but I am impressed with Yoon Kye Sang's ability to go from cold emotionless jackrabbit to hyper in a matter of seconds

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Nov 28th, '11, 23:38

Who are you? is not bad(but also nothing great). I for my part didn't like, that almost all storylines end unfinished.
1. What is with his halfbrother?-i know the father suggested, that he runs away, but...its still not 100% sure what happened,.2.what is with the small sidelovestory with the two friends of the female lead. 3. What is with the paintings? 4. What is with the job of YKS? And these are just the ones i can think on the spot. There are more. Yes the answers to these questions you can guess, but even if you can guess, its still inconclusive.

beanybeans

Post by beanybeans » Nov 28th, '11, 23:51

A bit late on this but that's also because i'm not into K-dramas. Currently watching You're Beautiful which is a very addicting and enjoyable series.

zzyzx

Post by zzyzx » Nov 29th, '11, 02:06

beanybeans wrote:A bit late on this but that's also because i'm not into K-dramas. Currently watching You're Beautiful which is a very addicting and enjoyable series.
I agree beans. You're beautiful is among the beat k-dramas that I have seen. Some may beg to differ but I thought it was great. The storyline was crazy and I thought that the music was very good. I can watch this one over and over.
Last edited by zzyzx on Nov 29th, '11, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.

ooijanice

Post by ooijanice » Nov 29th, '11, 02:25

Sungkyunkwan Scandal - never knew I could enjoy a drama sooo much. Highly recommendable.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Nov 29th, '11, 02:57

Ethienn- thank you for the lovely pics. Sick indeed. Glad I am not the only one in pedoland :P
Can't tell you why you love them derps. I am just as confused as you are. Btw I am dying to know who the cuties are in your avi. Care to share?

Recently finished Family's Honor(awesome series). Currently watching Flower Shop Ramyun Boys, Vampire Prosecutor and the musical(why i find this so addicting when i can't even stand the lead actress and the ex is a nutjob is beyond me. Maybe Choi Daniel is responsible for this)while trying to decide on what to watch between eps.

You're beautiful is also among my favs. Could be because it was one of my first k-dramas and the one that made me want mooooooore! I have watched MANY more since so don't know if i would think it is that great if watched again, but i do love the premise and even if there are many more out there like this i would happily gobble them up. Plus i love PSH and JGS and Lee Hong Ki was pretty adorable here. Jung Ya Hwa rounded out the cast nicely. Loved the Sorry,Sorry bit too.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 29th, '11, 12:38

jubies33 wrote:Ethienn- thank you for the lovely pics. Sick indeed. Glad I am not the only one in pedoland :P
Can't tell you why you love them derps. I am just as confused as you are. Btw I am dying to know who the cuties are in your avi. Care to share?
INFINITE boys^^

What pics, dear? I post a lot of pedo-spam and I'm a bit confused now :mrgreen:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Nov 29th, '11, 22:26

YAB is one of these dramas, where you don't know why you liked it. Objectively speaking: The acting was mediocre (at best, if not bad), the storyline was not creative and silly, target audience was probably ~15 year old girls, overall it was like a 5 out of 10. But its still one of these dramas, which you have to watch. Ok i liked the music (especially the last song ion the last episode). BTW even if you know the korean YAB, it doesn't hurt to watch the japanese version( at all, who thinks its a simple remake). The female lead looks kinda like PSH, but is prettier...ok the male leads are not packed as the korean guys, but are still ok. And the story overall makes more sense(they show also what happens after the end of the kversion).

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 29th, '11, 22:41

:w00t: Female lead looks like PSH but prettier?who's PSH you're talking about?My PSH? Oups , I mean Park Shi Hoo ?LOL!

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Nov 29th, '11, 23:35

Na, in connection with You are beautiful im talking about Park Shin Hye^^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 29th, '11, 23:42

Hahahaha ! My mind is so narrow, forgive me !

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Nov 30th, '11, 00:06

Hey i also like Park Shi Hoo^^, so i understand you. BTW this man is one of those, who is like a wine. In his 30ts he is by far more handsome, than in his 20s (like Jang Hyuk, who is now way hotter, than 10 years ago). Damn, if my GF reads this comment, then she will likely break up with me, because she would think that im gay.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Nov 30th, '11, 14:28

ethienn- these are the pics i was thanking you for
:D

sham- you mean MY PSH? lol, I guess me and ethienn aren't the only ones here crushing on PSH in a major way. Speaking of which I just fininished Family's Honor and started joseon x-files(which I really like) but I am already missing PSH and his killer smile :cry: definitely watching the princess' man next. Oh and welcome to gutterland? Well thank you and don't mind if I do.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Nov 30th, '11, 16:05

Really enjoyed Romance Town, after a slow start, it picked up well and wasn't what I was expecting. Can't decide on Baby Faced Beauty, World's Within or Please Come Back Soon Ae next.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Nov 30th, '11, 16:53

I would watch them in the order you wrote them^^(ok i like Jang Na Ra, so I'm biased^^).
Please Come Back Soon Ae is...you have to see for yourself. But the male lead is not appealing(i'm not talking just about the actor, but the character itself). And the end is kinda...just a hint:
I need Romance

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Nov 30th, '11, 17:13

Righto, Baby Faced Beauty it is. Ta.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Nov 30th, '11, 21:29

4 episodes of Chuno finished so far. Even though I'm not a fan of period dramas, this actually seems quite interesting and good. I haven't been surfing the net while watching it or doing anything else(unlike I do with quite a lot of dramas).

But when I saw first episode I thought : "Damn, this drama is no joke. They have gathered so many damn good actors." But I was also kinda shocked by seeing the male and female lead. Previous drama I was watching(and finished) was Robber. Lee Da Hae and Jang Hyeok were leads in that as well. And another one drama before that - Midas. Jang Hyeok was there, too. I swear to god - it's just coincidence. How come 3 dramas in a row and all with Jang Hyeok and every time I was startled by the fact. <_< If someone saw, they'd think I am Jang Hyeok's stalker.

But I can tell you one thing - I totally love the young girl there(the one who sticks with the hunters). She is so cute. And the girls at tavern.... It gives this powerful drama a slight touch of cuteness, too.

By the way, I didn't like(visually) Lee Da Hae since My Girl. But in 2 recent dramas I can say that she looks actually quite good now. But still, I'd prefer quite a lot of actresses over her.

Is there such illness as ab-sickness or something? I got sick of their abs in the first episode already Image I think they over did the half-naked body thing. But maybe girls dig it.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 30th, '11, 22:11

Neliets wrote:4 episodes of Chuno finished so far. Even though I'm not a fan of period dramas, this actually seems quite interesting and good. I haven't been surfing the net while watching it or doing anything else(unlike I do with quite a lot of dramas).
:lol I thought I was the only one who does these. good to know.
and YES! you can't go wrong with Chuno. it stays one of my most favourite sageuk.

Neliets wrote:By the way, I didn't like(visually) Lee Da Hae since My Girl. But in 2 recent dramas I can say that she looks actually quite good now. But still, I'd prefer quite a lot of actresses over her.
My least favourite character of the drama. I could not stand her in "My Girl" too and try avoid her as much as I can unless she co stars with one of my must see guys. but in Chuno I thought she was tolerable enough.
Neliets wrote:Is there such illness as ab-sickness or something? I got sick of their abs in the first episode already Image I think they over did the half-naked body thing. But maybe girls dig it.
:lol

YEP! there is and I call it ab-allergy. I don't like or enjoy watching men with abs and muscles in dramas and I don't dig it at all. although I know I am in minority, but I do think when actors rely on this alot, it means there is not much of talent in their performance so they have to wow viewers in some other ways. yes, I am old fashioned. 8)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 2nd, '11, 15:26

Currently watching "Ms Kim's Million Dollar Quest". Its a lot better, than i anticipated. Its a mix of "Full House", "Success story of a bright girl" and "Attic cat", If you like these dramas and don't mind older dramas from 2004, then you could give this drama a try.

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Dec 4th, '11, 00:04

I picked up "I am Sam" again. So far 3 eps. I watched it like half a year ago, but then I put it on hold as other things seemed more interesting. Also I watched it online (which I´ll never do again!!!) and I totally hated this drama! But then I found out that the uploader had cut out like half of the drama -.- what a ramen-head! I got so mad at this person!
Anyway now I picked it up again and so far enjoying it. Go Mou Shin! and that cute doctor... :roll

captpixel

Post by captpixel » Dec 4th, '11, 01:15

Young Love Jae In
:D

hibabiba

Post by hibabiba » Dec 4th, '11, 12:52

City Hunter :D
So gooood :thumright:

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Dec 4th, '11, 19:28

I though Baby Faced Beauty was nothing short of brilliant so next up was going to be World's Within but I think I will watch Sang Doo Let's Go Back To School instead (it's the Kong Hyo Jin factor that won in the end).

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Dec 5th, '11, 00:26

Still watching Ojakgyo Brothers, High Kick, Just You and with the new networks I've picked up What's Up, Queen Insoo, Bolder By The Day, and Heaven's Garden though the new stuff is hit or miss at the moment especially Bolder By The Day.

mykdrama

Post by mykdrama » Dec 5th, '11, 08:55

Thank You everyone on the feedback for *Thank You* I think ill skip that one, and go for someting else.
Im watching Lawyers of korea, its Ok, not too addicting but not bad either.
I contemplating between fashion 70, save the last dance for me or capital scandal. I check reviews and then watch. Please advise. Appriciate it. Thanks

mykdrama

Post by mykdrama » Dec 5th, '11, 08:57

[quote="Biozombie"]I though Baby Faced Beauty was nothing short of brilliant so next up was going to be World's Within but I think I will watch Sang Doo Let's Go Back To School instead (it's the Kong Hyo Jin factor that won in the end).[/quot

Yes BFB was cute, Sang doo was nice too but a bit long

mykdrama

Post by mykdrama » Dec 5th, '11, 08:59

Silverman wrote:Currently watching "Ms Kim's Million Dollar Quest". Its a lot better, than i anticipated. Its a mix of "Full House", "Success story of a bright girl" and "Attic cat", If you like these dramas and don't mind older dramas from 2004, then you could give this drama a try.
Ahhh!! I loved all three of these, but first time im hearing about Ms Kim, ill give it a try, Thank you

mykdrama

Post by mykdrama » Dec 5th, '11, 09:02

Biozombie wrote:Really enjoyed Romance Town, after a slow start, it picked up well and wasn't what I was expecting. Can't decide on Baby Faced Beauty, World's Within or Please Come Back Soon Ae next.
BFB good, didnt see worlds within, but Please come back Soon Ae....hilarious especially the begining episodes

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 5th, '11, 19:44

19 episodes of Chuno so far, and still loving it. :mrgreen: Sadly, I'm quite short on time these days..

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 6th, '11, 20:54

Sorry for doublepost but I wanted to say a few things regarding Chuno.

1. Ethlenn, you know that I love you?
2. The ending wasn't stupidly spontaneous or illogical, the ending was actually very, very good(even though it didn't end too well). And the ending was quite well acted, at least I felt it. I almost got a teary eye(no sarcasm, I'm emotionless freak).
3. The girl who was sticking with the hunters is just so lovely. I think I have seen her in another drama but I don't recall it.
4. The drama is very well made thoroughly, I'd say. There is no stupid stuff when you'd want to pause it or anything.

Overall - the drama is very good, I recommend even to those who aren't fans of period dramas(just like myself). And while watching it, you'll start to cherish modern dramas more.

Ok, I'm off to bed. I'll probably rewatch Shining Inheritance again. 5th time or so.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Dec 7th, '11, 22:16

Enjoyed Sang Doo Let's Go To School despite Rain's attempts to undermine a superlative performance by Kong Hyo Jin with some terrible overacting. Not sure if I should try to catch up on some movies (I have about 70 or so) before I start another series or to plow straight on with World's Within.

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Dec 8th, '11, 16:09

I started watching "Secret Garden" but I'm not sure if I should continue. I'm on episode 9 right now and so far I find it very boring. I was already thinking of giving up after the first 5 episodes but I read somewhere that it only gets interesting from episode 6 so I continued watching. While it did get funnier once the two main characters changed bodies, I'm stiill unconvinced.

I think the two main characters have no chemistry whatsoever (the main guy is actually a pretty good actor...but he is so thin that he and the main girl look like a Korean version of Laurel & Hardy). What's worse is that the writers seem to be making up stories as they go along, and this makes the drama look like one big soap-opera. I don't really get why the two main characters are not together yet... which leads me to think that the writers dragging this plotline just for the sake of it. The other thing that I don't understand is the point of portraying the love-life of Oska. His story is completely unrelated to the main plotline of the drama and it often takes up about 1/3 to 1/2 of the total lenght of each episode. By episode 8 I was simply skipping his scenes in order to move on with the main story.

I'm surprised this drama has so many good reviews. Should I keep watching? Does it get better later?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 8th, '11, 16:20

It does not get better. But other kdramas are far worse. So, good attempt at a slightly better series, which was still messed up by cliches, too much sobbing and crying and all the melo elements.
I'd say that if you find nothing about it redeeming so far, you should probably stop watching. Nice story, but if you aren't rooting for the couple and aren't entertained, what's the point in watching? :wink:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 8th, '11, 16:48

Lot of people skip second plot. Kdramas have multiple plots and sub-plots sometimes, be prepared for that.
As for SG... meh, not worthy, watch BB parody of that, it's by far better.

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » Dec 8th, '11, 17:50

Secret Garden is, by far, my favorite K-drama, hence it means all the tastes co-exist on this lovely forum :-) Plus, the soundtrack is really good. What I like most in this drama, it's the male-female acting for each character, I find it impressive and, in my opinion, quite convincing.

As for now, I am currently watching Baby-Faced Beauty. It's not a **great** drama, but it's funny and cute, and that's all that counts for me.

By the way, I would be very grateful if someone could identify for me the following pieces of music used recurrently in BFB :

The third one reminds me of pieces by Ryô Yoshimata, but I may be totally wrong

Anyway, thanks in advance to those who will take some of their time to listen :-)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 8th, '11, 17:55

Keikan wrote:I started watching "Secret Garden" but I'm not sure if I should continue. I'm on episode 9 right now and so far I find it very boring. I was already thinking of giving up after the first 5 episodes but I read somewhere that it only gets interesting from episode 6 so I continued watching. While it did get funnier once the two main characters changed bodies, I'm stiill unconvinced.

I think the two main characters have no chemistry whatsoever (the main guy is actually a pretty good actor...but he is so thin that he and the main girl look like a Korean version of Laurel & Hardy). What's worse is that the writers seem to be making up stories as they go along, and this makes the drama look like one big soap-opera. I don't really get why the two main characters are not together yet... which leads me to think that the writers dragging this plotline just for the sake of it. The other thing that I don't understand is the point of portraying the love-life of Oska. His story is completely unrelated to the main plotline of the drama and it often takes up about 1/3 to 1/2 of the total lenght of each episode. By episode 8 I was simply skipping his scenes in order to move on with the main story.

I'm surprised this drama has so many good reviews. Should I keep watching? Does it get better later?
SG is one of the dramas, which people either love or hate. I love it. But I'm perhaps blinded by a few things, like: Ha Ji Won is one of my 5 favorite actresses (my first Kmovie was 100 Days with Mister arrogant and my fix into the Kworld. so I'm a kdama/movie fan since 6 years^^), i love bodyswitch and fantasy-stories and there are very view kdramas with fantasyelements(like 5-10 i know of). So these reasons have abig influance on my evaluation of SG. If it weren't or them, i would say that SG is mediocre. And if you don't like SG till episode 9, then you will perhaps also don't like the rest of it.

And i can tell that you are more of a jdrama-person. Because there are mostly mainstorylines. But almost in every kdrama, there is at least 2 storylines (for 16 ep. dramas). Some dramas with 50 ep and more have even more parallel storylines.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 8th, '11, 18:22

Silverman wrote:SG is one of the dramas, which people either love or hate. I love it. But I'm perhaps blinded by a few things, like: Ha Ji Won is one of my 5 favorite actresses (my first Kmovie was 100 Days with Mister arrogant and my fix into the Kworld. so I'm a kdama/movie fan since 6 years^^), i love bodyswitch and fantasy-stories and there are very view kdramas with fantasyelements(like 5-10 i know of). So these reasons have abig influance on my evaluation of SG. If it weren't or them, i would say that SG is mediocre. And if you don't like SG till episode 9, then you will perhaps also don't like the rest of it.

And i can tell that you are more of a jdrama-person. Because there are mostly mainstorylines. But almost in every kdrama, there is at least 2 storylines (for 16 ep. dramas). Some dramas with 50 ep and more have even more parallel storylines.
:lol You just said everything I wanted to say. I liked (not love because it got a bit boring by last eps) SG and I did find it different from your normal kdramas.
in 2009 when I started watching Kdramas after years of watching Jdrama, I too found it confusing (and annoying) to keep up with sub-storylines. but now I know what to do. if side storyline does not interest me or I can't connect to its characters or totally hate them, I just ignore them completely which it can gets to FF whenever their scenes comes up. and sometimes happens that I have left the main leads and concentrated on side story. so I only watch what I like. but if you don't like either of main lead or side story characters, I advise you to stop it.

as for me, as I am in Jdrama mood recently and not lots of kdramas look interesting enough for me to start ( I kind of feel sick of Kdramas at the moment and I really hate it because I miss those days when I was keeping up with 4-5 of them at one time) I am only watching
Flower Boy Ramyon Shop which I loved at first (by 2nd ep) but not so much right now but still good enough to watch.
What's UP- I am totally IN LOVE with it and just can't wait for subs to be released. I think this drama is jinxed or something because from very beginning had its problem and till now and I don't like it when people compare it with "Dream High" when in fact it was made much earlier. :crazy:

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Dec 8th, '11, 18:45

Thanks for all the replies! :)

Ethlenn: Sorry but what's BB?

Silverman: Actually you're right. I usually watch Japanese dramas because I'm learning Japanese at uni and I find it very helpful. I decided to start watching K-dramas only very recently because I felt I'd already watched every single interesting J-drama that had been made. Soap operas in general make me cringe so I find it very hard to adapt to K-dramas and all their romance-oriented subplots.

I think I'm going to stop watching Secret Garden than. Does anyone have any recommendation? I'm thinking of watching "Lie to Me" or "Beethoven Virus" (because I love JGS :whistling: ).

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 8th, '11, 18:57

What we say here are just our own opinions, don't take it too much to heart and don't let it influence you. It's just our different tastes.
BB is Big Bang.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 8th, '11, 18:58

If you like JGS, then watch "You are beautiful". Its not very good or creative, but its one of these dramas, which everybody watched and kinda liked it. Its also more close to jdramas, than other kdramas. Lie to me starts good and almost all people love the actors, but after episode ~10 it becomes tiring. Beethoven virus...well the korean version of Nadame Cantabile, but not as good as the jversion. But you have to watch yourself. Perhaps you will like the kversion of NC more or you can keep up with Lie to Me or you won't like YAB.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 8th, '11, 19:01

Silverman wrote:Beethoven virus...well the korean version of Nadame Cantabile, but not as good as the jversion. But you have to watch yourself.
Except for using classical music I see nothing in common. Plus, I'm probably the only person on this blue orb that really hates Nodame... :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 8th, '11, 19:08

I was one of those who loved Nodame when I saw it but once I watched Beethoven Virus, I thought NC was so silly and stupid in comparison. I liked BV mature and realistic storyline.
Ps. But I hated the girl and still avoid her. :mrgreen:

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Dec 8th, '11, 19:15

Silverman: "You're beautiful" is the first K-drama I watched and I loved it! Thanks for your help anyway. :)

Ethlenn: Actually you're not alone. I really didn't like Nodame. To tell you the truth I only watched it until the end for Tamaki Hiroshi. :P

I just started "Lie To Me" but I'm not too excited to see the actor from Hong Gil Dong again. I think I'm going to switch to BV. I'll let you know what I think! ^_^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 8th, '11, 19:52

Give Kang Ji Hwan a chance. I first saw him in the few scenes of Hong Gil Dong I did manage to watch before hating it and dropping it and I never wanted to see the man again. XD
Then I watched Coffee House and changed my mind completely. He does have his weird comedic style, but he's a very good actor if you can "click" with that style. Not as bad as HGD.

But "Lie to me" is meh. Good cast, good premise, baad bad last 1/3. It wasn't popular with the audiences (fangirls) so they did the same mistake many series do.
Switched the writer and dumbed it all down. So, what was going well became a completely ridiculous plot and sobbing weak characters. It was horrible to watch.

As for Nodame, I like it because it's light and funny, but I don't exactly watch it for its realism and poignant depiction of human emotions and love etc etc. It's brainless fun and cute.
Beethoven Virus is the realistic approach to musicians and what they have to go through to balance their love for classical music and maybe less glamorous lives. But Lee Ji Ah...

As for secondary plots/couples, I love them if they are good and hate them if they are bad. Some secondary plots are very fun. Like the one in "What's Up, Fox", which was actually more fun than the main one. But some are simply boring and meaningless.
Like the one in Coffee Prince. I frankly could not give a damn what Miss Little Perfect Cheater did with her life and with her second doormat male lead, who spent way too much time emoing about her and "them" and frankly getting annoying eventually too.

By all means, have a second couple/plot. But make it interesting, show the same amount of care for those characters and write them well and for the love of our sanity, have a good reason to show them. I mentioned "What's Up Fox".
Good cast for the 2nd couple, interesting characters and they were actually the reverse of the leading one in age terms. Rich older man, poor younger woman (while the others were poor younger man, slightly less poor older woman).
But a lot of series just toss in a second couple to fill time, when there is no actual use or need for them in the main plot or idea of the series. Those are the ones that become annoying and most of those don't make it well-written too.

And to get back to the topic, still on Vampire Prosecutor (oh no no, not like that, he's a married man) and watching Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. Still browsing for a new series.
Might start What's Up and maaaybe check out Ojakgyo Brothers, although I hate these long family series and especially the cliches that come with them and mellowness.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 8th, '11, 20:02

But dramas with an interesting 2nd story are very few. I for my part think, that in "It's OK Daddy's Girl", "The Woman Who Still wants to Marry" and "Romance Town" have good or entertaining 2ndry storylines.

Maradorama

Post by Maradorama » Dec 8th, '11, 23:18

Silverman wrote:But dramas with an interesting 2nd story are very few. I for my part think, that in "It's OK Daddy's Girl", "The Woman Who Still wants to Marry" and "Romance Town" have good or entertaining 2ndry storylines.
Agreed, even though I didn't care for the ending of "It's Okay Daddy's Girl."
I really enjoyed "Shining Inheritance" and its multiple story-lines!

I'm currently watching "The Musical" and looking for something else to watch. :p Perhaps I'll watch something historical or pick up with "City Hunter" or "My girlfriend is a nine-tailed fox" <- can never seem to get into that.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Dec 9th, '11, 00:18

I am waatching "Ojakgyo Brothers", I usually stay away from 50 episode dramas, but the list of good actors drew me in. I am glad I did, it is a great show. It is at episode 36 right now and is rated number one in Korea since the third episode. So for 33 episodes it has been at the top. While waiting between weekends for the next episode, I am also watching "Nankyoku Tairiku", the Japanese drama with Kimura Takuya, with him in it and the subject matter, it also is very good.

I have been patiently downloading "Man of Honor", will probably start watching that when I finish the Japanese drama.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 11th, '11, 17:08

Putting everything on hold, except for "Ojakgyo Brothers",1-2 episodes per day !

HIRMU

Post by HIRMU » Dec 11th, '11, 18:02

I'm watching many airing dramas atm ; flower boy ramyun shop , which is decent, Padam Padam which i have seen 2 episodes now, it seems like its gonna be awesome drama !! And the so addictive Me too flower !!!! its sooo gooooooood, i really like the lead actors too they are all excellent.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 11th, '11, 18:16

I started to watch Swallow The Sun, but I suddenly felt like watching What Happened in Bali. Watching it again and still loving it.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 14th, '11, 16:06

Waiting till subs and more episodes of Padam Padam are coming out. Currently watching "I am Happy". Till now its a good drama. The characters("evil" and "good") are acting realistically. What i mean they are not evil, because they are evil, but because the circumstances are forcing them. So that i'm not sure, if in their situation i wouldn't also act "evil".

mykdrama

Post by mykdrama » Dec 15th, '11, 03:50

i just finished watching save the last dance for me. It was an ok drama, even though I liked the cast a lot.
didnt like the ending, even though happy but pointless

mykdrama

Post by mykdrama » Dec 15th, '11, 03:52

Neliets wrote:I started to watch Swallow The Sun, but I suddenly felt like watching What Happened in Bali. Watching it again and still loving it.
Is it worth watching? I see a lot of dramas, didnt watch that one

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 18th, '11, 08:38

mykdrama wrote:
Neliets wrote:I started to watch Swallow The Sun, but I suddenly felt like watching What Happened in Bali. Watching it again and still loving it.
Is it worth watching? I see a lot of dramas, didnt watch that one
What Happened in Bali? I think that it's worth watching.

I am close to finish rewatching What Happened in Bali. But I decided to start Princess Man, too. I am now watching the first episode. The beginning seems promising.

By the way - I don't know why but I feel like watching Chuno again, even though I finished it only like a week ago. Damn.

beanybeans

Post by beanybeans » Dec 18th, '11, 16:17

Got a bit influenced by the actors in You're Beautiful so i decided to check out Heartstrings.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Dec 18th, '11, 16:32

finished watching Princess Man and best drama I've seen this year :D
although I have seen 5~6 dramas from 2011 ..

anyway watching Family's Honor now :mrgreen:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 18th, '11, 16:48

Yes let's spread PSH's disease!Muahahaha

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Dec 18th, '11, 17:12

Recently finished watching Queen Seon Deok and Baker King Kim Tak Goo - both great dramas, though QSD is a bit long. Looking for more!! :D

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Dec 24th, '11, 06:18

yo!
I am Happy to find ppl who enjoyed Chuno !!!!
its really one of the life drama
make you laugh and cry .. <3</3

just finished watching
, Chuno My favorite =DDDD
, Flower boys ramin shop ( cute )
I started Me too flower ( couldn't finish it ,, boring ,,)
scent of women ( I forgot to finish it ,, but good, sad story </3)

Currently watching

Skip beat Drama XDDDD so happy !!

and looking into yours to search for what next to watch

Thx

shuzzack
Malaysia

Post by shuzzack » Dec 25th, '11, 19:34

currently watching A Thousand Day's Promise.i love it mainly because i love Kim Rae Won and Soo Ae <3
its a heartbreaking story though :'(

Caramelito

Post by Caramelito » Dec 26th, '11, 09:19

*kawaii* wrote:yo!

Currently watching

Skip beat Drama XDDDD so happy !!

and looking into yours to search for what next to watch

Thx
Me too!!!Finally!! Have you read the manga? Great story!

Now i´m going start watching Fermentation Family. I watched Scent of a woman (good but sad) and after that i watched Babyfaced, which was good and funny.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 27th, '11, 07:36

Seen 4 episodes of Princess Man. Very promising drama. But somehow Chuno is still in me. I still have it's feeling. Yes, I loved it that much! Why there are no copycats when they are needed? I wouldn't complain that they copy Chuno :D

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Dec 27th, '11, 21:39

I'm currently on episode 14/18 of "Protect the Boss" and I'm struggling to finish it. At first this drama was really funny and original because it didn't feature any of the usual K-drama clichés. But once all the characters have fallen in love with each other, and the two main leads are dating, it starts to get really slow and boring. I think my main complaint is the lead guy Ji Heon. He is so immature and arrogant, and I really can't stand him. The second male lead is ten years younger, yet ten times more mature than him (and ten times more handsome...personal taste! :P). The main girl is great because she's intelligent and strong-minded, but that's exactly why I don't get why she would choose Ji Heon (who she said treats her as if she was his mum!) over the smart and classy Mu Won. In real life, I really don't think their relationship would last. I think that what I like the most in this show are the second roles: Na Yun and the chairman always make up for a good laugh! :lol

I think I'll go for something more sad next time and with a lot less romance! :fear:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 27th, '11, 22:12

dropped Flower Boy Ramyon Shop by ep10 because I just could not take any more silliness and cliche acting/storyline of both main leads. it was too over the top and too exaggerated.

watching "What's Up" which just gets better and better by every ep.
and Vampire prosecutor which is decent enough.
I will start on Padam Padam tonight and see where I get.

arcticmoonrise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arcticmoonrise » Dec 28th, '11, 02:48

Just finished TWDR... definitely the best ending and the best drama of 2011. Now, I have yet to watch something that could top that though :(

From saeguk to a sitcom... Vampire Idol's the best XD At first, I got interested in it cause LSH is there but when I read the recaps, I was instantly drawn to it. I wish someone would sub it though, but for now, I shall content myself with LSH scenes XD

I'm contemplating on watching What's Up too since LSH is there but maybe I'll do that during the sembreak. I shall wait for the reviews.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Dec 28th, '11, 17:00

Punch- I've watched episode 1 and while it's not the best thing since the best thing since sliced bread it's entertaining enough, although I have to admit Shin Min Ah is not on my short very short list of actresses worldwide that I can believe as a boxer

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Dec 31st, '11, 21:02

Scent of a Woman- loved the first two episodes but what is the overall tone of the series is it more, tragic and heartbreaking, uplifting, or a mix of both bittersweet?

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jan 2nd, '12, 01:13

It's bittersweet and the ending is more or less open, because (MAJOR SPOILER):
KSA's character doesn't die in the end and she exceeds the expected 6 months, through a new therapy. She also tries to enjoy every day she lives. But it's also clear that she is still ill and nobody knows how long she will live...perhaps 1 day, perhaps 1 year, perhaps 10 years.
I watch since a few weeks Smile Again, Dong Hae. I never thought, that such a long drama can be entertaining, without too much dragging (well relatively).

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 3rd, '12, 10:28

Dropped all drama I'd started in the last couple of months...only one I finished was Vampire Prosecutor which was surprisingly good and had probably the best ending I've seen in years.

Trusted Issy's recs and started What's up and Padam today...hopefully I'll make it through one of them ;)

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 3rd, '12, 13:52

arakira wrote:Dropped all drama I'd started in the last couple of months...only one I finished was Vampire Prosecutor which was surprisingly good and had probably the best ending I've seen in years.

Trusted Issy's recs and started What's up and Padam today...hopefully I'll make it through one of them ;)
:P Oh dear, I hope they won't disappoint. I watch "What's Up" because of my boy Lim JuHwan but honestly, I find it really well made even though I am not into musical dramas.
as for Padam Padam, I was quiet surprised to find myself hooked after only 1ep. :mrgreen:

want to on Vegetable Bachelor store...because of CJW and am still want to watch Vampire Prosecutor. :P

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jan 4th, '12, 16:43

Scent of a Woman- I love it through the first eight episodes it reminds me to varying degrees of Thank You especially the palpable sexual tension between Kim Sun Ah and Lee Dong Wook. As such it's my favorite since I watched Thank You several months ago, but I can feel more normal K drama material coming on and that sucks I wish they would leave the relationship between Lee Yeon Jae and Kang Ji Wook as tension and not have them act on it like they did with Jang Hyuk as Min Ki Seo and Gong Hyo Jin as Lee Young Shin in Thank You, and I wish the doctor just stays in the background and Im Se Kyung would let Ji Wook go peacefully but as much as I want it that's not what I fear is coming

HIRMU

Post by HIRMU » Jan 4th, '12, 17:39

Started watching exhibiton of fireworks which seem cool thus far, naturally started it because kang ji hwan is on it. Also just finished Me Too, Flower which everyone should watch because its so awesome, very underrated drama ^^