[Discussion] Arakawa Under the Bridge

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Skibblu

[Discussion] Arakawa Under the Bridge

Post by Skibblu » Jul 30th, '11, 09:48

This is a drama based on a manga/anime of the same name, that has a cast like this:

dramawiki link

I had just finished the episode, it is all kinds of win. Spot on characterisations and outfit!

Is that eccentric looking girl (with the two kids) Stella-chan? If so, she's a bit mhmm...though the change is understandable. I'd have to see more before I say if I like her though.

Anyone else seen it? If you haven't, give it a chance! Honestly!

PS: First topic, if I do anything wrong, tell me. =)
Last edited by Skibblu on Aug 4th, '11, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.

febrie

Post by febrie » Aug 3rd, '11, 02:42

just wonder may be yoshitaka yuriko would be better nino than kiritani mirei........

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Aug 3rd, '11, 06:46

Stella is a bit weird. But it looks good. They did a good job with this. Something that is pretty hard with a source that is so crazy.

xploring

Post by xploring » Aug 3rd, '11, 06:56

I like the first episode too, but I had no experience with the manga or the anime. The preview when everybody talked about how the cast jelled together got me anticipating the possibility of something special.

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 3rd, '11, 11:55

So damn weird, but i kind of like it :alcoholic:

Psionic

Post by Psionic » Aug 6th, '11, 01:29

febrie wrote:just wonder may be yoshitaka yuriko would be better nino than kiritani mirei........
I like kiritani mirei more. I would love her to get more main roles :wub:

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Aug 7th, '11, 05:35

I am a fan of the manga and the anime... and the drama did not disappoint.
(or I'm probably just open-minded) lol~

I still can't believe Shun & Takayuki went for the roles. LOL! they are sooo funny~ XD

stella-chan was weird.. but the change was understandable.. I just wished that they kept her gothic loli outfit. XDDD

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Aug 8th, '11, 07:55

i guess this drama is not as popular. Though i like it as much as ouran high school.

febrie

Post by febrie » Aug 9th, '11, 07:53

i hope the HD version of Episode 2 will pop up.
Can't wait to see tonight episode....

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Aug 9th, '11, 08:19

Do you have subs already then?

febrie

Post by febrie » Aug 9th, '11, 08:33

outcast_within wrote:Do you have subs already then?
Nop, the sub has not been release
will wait patienly..

noop

Post by noop » Aug 10th, '11, 08:56

when I watched the anime, I really didn't think it'd be possible to turn this in to a dorama :)
really enjoy it :)

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Aug 23rd, '11, 08:50

Google image keep failing me -points the first image in the first post= :O Oh well.

I think this drama is just wayyy too out there for most jdorama fans? :lol

does anyone know why they have to have 3 mins recount of the prev episodes? It's entertaining but the episode is already so shorrrrt ;w;

febrie

Post by febrie » Aug 24th, '11, 00:15

wonder why, there's still no one upload episode 4 yet..

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Aug 24th, '11, 10:08

Maybe the person that normally uploads it is busy? I can link you to one with Chinese subs but that's about all I can do xD;

febrie

Post by febrie » Aug 24th, '11, 13:31

Skibblu wrote:Maybe the person that normally uploads it is busy? I can link you to one with Chinese subs but that's about all I can do xD;
Thanks, but it's been upload at live journal just now. :cheers:

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Sep 27th, '11, 17:06

Anyone still watching this? :O

Episode 8 started out super cracky, and then whut, and it got rather touching <33

bloodbath-angel

Post by bloodbath-angel » Sep 27th, '11, 17:24

Skibblu wrote:Anyone still watching this? :O

Episode 8 started out super cracky, and then whut, and it got rather touching <33

I have only watched 2 episodes. I am still waiting for the rest of the subs.
It's a weird drama, but that weirdness is what makes this drama interesting.

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Sep 27th, '11, 18:10

bloodbath-angel wrote:
Skibblu wrote:Anyone still watching this? :O

I have only watched 2 episodes. I am still waiting for the rest of the subs.
It's a weird drama, but that weirdness is what makes this drama interesting.
Ooh I see. <3 Comment when you see more episodes then =)

It's a very nice drama, bit hard to recommend to people though. It's so OUT THERE. xD

Pantheria

Post by Pantheria » Jan 27th, '12, 23:42

I just finished watching the drama. I really enjoyed it. A lot more than I thought I would since it seems rather out there as far as things go. I definitely think it's worth watching even if just for something different than the usual type of stuff.

I think (well more like hoping really!) that the 2012 movie is actually more like a SP final episode
since the drama doesn't end properly.
At least that's what it seems like from the end of the drama but it's hard to find any accurate info. Has anyone been able to confirm if the movie is just a rehash of the drama, an end SP or something completely different?

febrie

Post by febrie » Jan 28th, '12, 00:15

Not SP but the Movie, will be premier in February...
Pantheria wrote:I just finished watching the drama. I really enjoyed it. A lot more than I thought I would since it seems rather out there as far as things go. I definitely think it's worth watching even if just for something different than the usual type of stuff.

I think (well more like hoping really!) that the 2012 movie is actually more like a SP final episode
since the drama doesn't end properly.
At least that's what it seems like from the end of the drama but it's hard to find any accurate info. Has anyone been able to confirm if the movie is just a rehash of the drama, an end SP or something completely different?

Pantheria

Post by Pantheria » Jan 28th, '12, 08:33

Yeah but what will it be about? Will it just be a rehash of the drama so using the same scenes but told in a the lengh of a movie, an end SP (actual continuation of the drama) or something completely different?

jell_o_jello

Post by jell_o_jello » Jan 31st, '12, 12:49

Well, from the preview at the end of the last episode, looks like it will be a continuation from the drama
They did drop the bomb about Riku is actually on a mission to evict the Arakawa people and start a construction project there. I think the movie will be about what Riku is going to do, who will he choose: his father or Arakawa people?

Pantheria

Post by Pantheria » Jan 31st, '12, 13:29

Cool. I really hope it is since the Drama doesn't finish properly. I really want to know what Riku decides.

monkebo

Post by monkebo » Feb 29th, '12, 07:25

when it will be released?! did anyone know?!?

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Feb 29th, '12, 07:43

The movie came out in Japan on Feb. 4, 2012 (I think...was looking for it late last night & might be off a bit on the day).

I just...don't quite know about this drama. :blink

The bizarre characters were fun, but they're SO out there that I'm still just not sure what to think. In the back of my head was always, "they're presenting it in a humorous way...but this is really a group of seriously mentally ill homeless people..." :-(

After the final episode a lot of things made a lot more sense, & I'm hoping the movie will wrap things up.

Never did get used to Oguri Shun's voice coming from the kappa, my brain just won't link the two! :lol

TheVicarious

Post by TheVicarious » May 5th, '12, 14:31

This is honestly one of the best Jdramas I've seen so far, if not THE best. And I usually don't even like stuff that is weird in this way at all. The atmosphere of the whole thing is just amazing, the music is gorgeus and the cast is really good. That's what you'd expect from Oguri Shun and Takayuki Yamada though. :P

Haven't seen or read the manga/anime either.

Also didn't know there was a movie in the works. Will it be with the same cast?