So, What Kdrama are you currently watching?

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 6th, '12, 18:32

All what I was watching was on hold well it stills because of exams,but I started "Hero",yes I need a slap I should study!Do you want me to die of depression post-exam?
Started for Yoon So Yi ,is it right to find this woman irresistible?she's sooo beautiful! I didn't read the script neither had idea about the cast, I should do this more,because reading the script just screws the whole thing plus I kyaa when faces I recognise and I like are on screen!Ji Changwook why are thaaaaat cute ?
Not the best drama,not the original one but Im enjoying it even if Im not a fan of Le Junki's acting!

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jan 8th, '12, 16:07

I think Hero is good. There are a lot of jdramas like Hero, but very few kdramas.

I'm watching at the moment The Women of Our Home( or My Bittersweet Life). Ok i skip through half of the episodes, but its still entertaining. This is one of the most "reversed" dramas i've watched. While the mainlead-actors aren't that popular, the supports are like the kdrama-supportrole-A-list (if such thing exists). How the roles are distributed is very interesting. The actresses, who in almost all their dramas play the role of the "evil" mother -in-law are here the good ones (like the mother of Hyun Bin in SG). The actresses, who play always the rich grandmothers are here poor. The actress, who always plays the supportive and positive role of a good mother is now the evil mother-in-law. One actor who plays always the goofy and dumb guy, is now a smart, serious and successful CEO. So it is all reversed. Its a little bit unusual, but it shows, that these actors can do more, than their usual roles.
The one thing i hate about this drama, is the motivation of the main villain. She is a successful, smart and beautiful woman. But her reason for being evil is so pointless. This reason could be motivation enough for a 5 year old child, but not a 26 y old woman. Her reason for destroying the lifes of many people and making her own family really miserable is:
because the daughter (female lead), whom the stepmom of the villainess abandoned 25 years ago is now back and wants to find her mom and be at least acknowledged. Now the second female lead(villain) does everything to destroy her, because the mother pays alittle bit attention to her bio-daughter.

Another thing, which makes me to want to strangle the female lead is, that she is the most pathetic rag of a girl in all of kdrama history. She is being mentally rap*d by the second lead, her biological mother, her mother -in-law and her father-in-law. And the only thing she does is to look guilty. The second female lead yells and verbally abuses her in every scene they are together and she doesn't even once dare to talk back. Even at the points (yes several, not just one) she can call for a payback, she has mercy and compassion, which makes even Jesus look like Dschinghis Khan
But other than that its a fun drama.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jan 8th, '12, 17:24

rewatched you're beautiful and coffee prince which i have on dvd when the power cord to my laptop died :cry:

finally finished flower boy ramyun shop. Loved it from beginning to the awsome ending. Also finished me too,flower. it was alright but not that impressed by it as a whole.

watching what's up and i like it but not as much as dream high even though it is well done. i really like the parts where they band together and help each other out.

started padam padam and ojakgyo brothers. I am another one who got hooked on padam padam from the first episode. The acting is really good, the plot is interesting and it is very well done. ojakgyo is light and the actors have a good chemistry together. I love it when all the brothers are together. I am going to try moon that embraces the sun when subs come out.

waiting for subs for ep 10 of color of woman. I am enjoying this one. first male lead is :wub: second male lead is :wub: :wub: :wub:

adding another dram to my couldn't finish list: the musical. sorry Daniel Choi not even for you. It started out ok but got worse and worse for me.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 8th, '12, 18:07

Silverman wrote:I think Hero is good. There are a lot of jdramas like Hero, but very few kdramas.
Yes it's a good one It reminds me a bit of "Partner"that was much better,I guess it's an underrated drama!I'll give it 7/10 When was the last time I did finish a drama ?
Silverman wrote: She is being mentally rap*d by the second lead, her biological mother, her mother -in-law and her father-in-law. And the only thing she does is to look guilty. The second female lead yells and verbally abuses her in every scene they are together and she doesn't even once dare to talk back. Even at the points (yes several, not just one) she can call for a payback, she has mercy and compassion, which makes even Jesus look like Dschinghis Khan
That's like "The thorn birds",I hate that kind of female lead,they are too angelic to be real !
After all what you said and it's still fun ?Loool

Started "Salaryman" ,I like the story but not that "funny"parts because I don't find them funny at all !May be if it was done in a serious way ,I'll like it more,anyway let's give it a chance!
@Jubies33 :I prefer the first lead in CoaW :D and I did like the kiss it was cute ,but Im not head over heels about the drama!

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Jan 8th, '12, 18:28

Started The Moon that Embraces the Sun, so far so good! It's going to be torture waiting for Kim Soo-hyun to appear, but fortunately the child actors are pretty engaging :)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jan 8th, '12, 18:30

Sham26 wrote:
Silverman wrote: She is being mentally rap*d by the second lead, her biological mother, her mother -in-law and her father-in-law. And the only thing she does is to look guilty. The second female lead yells and verbally abuses her in every scene they are together and she doesn't even once dare to talk back. Even at the points (yes several, not just one) she can call for a payback, she has mercy and compassion, which makes even Jesus look like Dschinghis Khan
That's like "The thorn birds",I hate that kind of female lead,they are too angelic to be real !
After all what you said and it's still fun ?Loool
Yea something among these lines, but this drama has ~ 10 times more episodes, than Thorn Birds. And in every of the 125 episodes the second f lead/mother/mother in law yaps at the first female lead. Every time they begin to yell "i want you to vanish/ you can't be with him, break up, quit your job, whatever" i skip through these parts. So overall I skip 15-20 mins(each episode has 30-35 minutes of lenght) of every episode^^.
This keeps these annoying parts short, preserves the fun and saves a lot of time^^.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 9th, '12, 00:22

jubies33 wrote: watching what's up and i like it but not as much as dream high even though it is well done.
I guess I fail to see how those two dramas are similar so that people keep putting them in one sentence.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jan 9th, '12, 06:24

You're Beautiful- just started so far so good of course with the exception of Couple of Fantasy the Hong sisters have never really let me down, and really I think my problem with that is I watched it before I really got Korean dramas

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Jan 9th, '12, 06:31

Soulmate :-)

starlight116

Post by starlight116 » Jan 9th, '12, 06:46

I am watchinhg moon that embraces the sun and Extravangance Challenge

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jan 9th, '12, 08:21

hmmm. i see wat you mean ethienn. although they could both be in the same genre they are vastly different dramas. i used a comparison to my own satisfaction because i loved dream high although the acting could have been better. maybe also i see others comparing an unintentionally do the same at times.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 9th, '12, 15:07

So, I ended up finishing Flower Boy Ramyun Shop and Vampire Prosecutor. Like Issy, I also had difficulties to get into Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. Even after finishing it I can still say it didn't end up to my favourites. I started it because of Jung Il Woo but then didn't really like his character. And you could say the plot was pretty cliche and predictable (later part at least). I think the problem was generic rich vs poor setting and anime-like characters that I hate with passion these days. I did enjoy the mid episodes around ep 6 to 11 or so. It would have been much more enjoyable without that rich vs poor crap.

Vampire Prosecutor really surprised me with the end episodes. At the start I was a bit disappointed that every episde was made with same mold leaving only 5 min at the end for the main plot. Even though episodes were interesting I was hoping for more deep plot... which we got on later episodes. Defiently one of my favourites from last year. Now waiting for season 2! ^^

I tried Me Too, Flower! but the first episode was so messy and uninteresting that I will probably not continue with it.
Also, I watched first episode of Can't Lose and it seemed ok enough to continue, for Yoon Sang Hyun at least. ^^ I guess I will continue with Can't Lose while I try to look for something more interesting.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 9th, '12, 15:35

@Viande
:lol Exactly my thoughts. I just could not stand both main leads anymore. I started for JIW too but he managed to kill my admiration for him half way through this drama. I don't know if it was his character that was written so badly or all those exaggerated feelings and emotions was his short coming as an actor but let's just say I am not counting days when I read any news of his new dramas.
or maybe I am too have got bored of typical cliche rich guy/poor girl storyline.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jan 9th, '12, 15:38

I watched Flowerboy Ramyun Shop until ep 10. Was not bad, but also nothing serious. But at moment its on hold, because at the point i was at episode 10, there were no subs. But this drama, is one of these dramas, where i don't understand why the two leads like each other. At the point where they begin to like each other, there happened absolutely nothing, what could explain why they like each other, except perhaps pure sexual attraction, which is perhaps enough in rl, but not in dramaland.
I like Jung Il Woo, but i think he is a little bit miscasted. He is 24, looks like almost 30, but plays an 18 year old student.

Can't Lose. I waited for this drama, but was a little bit disappointed. I like the cast and the acting, but the story for itself is a little bit boring. Its one of these dramas, where the characters doing something the whole time, but at the same time nothing really happens. The trailer suggests that this drama is something like The War of Roses or Mr and Mrs Smith, but no its less entertaining. Its good enough to watch, but not something, what will be remembered in 2-3 years.[/spoiler]

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 9th, '12, 15:42

I am watching Lovers in Paris now. I haven't finished Swollow The Sun yet. And not planing on doing it for now.

But why do I always thing about Chuno? All the time I feel like watching it again. That's what I call a well made drama! Even after a month the feeling still hasn't vanished. Huh.

I finished The Princess's Man. From the title, I thought that it would be some light and funny drama, but I was very glad that it wasn't like that at all.

Planning on watching Hong Gil Dong after Lovers in Paris.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 9th, '12, 15:49

Silverman wrote:I watched Flowerboy Ramyun Shop until ep 10. Was not bad, but also nothing serious. But at moment its on hold, because at the point i was at episode 10, there were no subs. But this drama, is one of these dramas, where i don't understand why the two leads like each other. At the point where they begin to like each other, there happened absolutely nothing, what could explain why they like each other, except perhaps pure sexual attraction, which is perhaps enough in rl, but not in dramaland.
I like Jung Il Woo, but i think he is a little bit miscasted. He is 24, looks like almost 30, but plays an 18 year old student.
Yes, he does not look 18 at all. when I saw him in Return of Iljima for first time, it never crossed my mind that he was that young.
and to be honest, most of dramas they make these days hardly show why intended main leads love eachother. it's just a given. I have seen it so many times that I have stopped thinking on why on earth they love each other because 2nd leads give you more than enough reasons for a girl to fall in love with them if she is not bewitched by the 1st lead. but maybe this is a discussion for another thread. :whistling:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jan 9th, '12, 16:06

Yes this is a topic i always wanted to talk about. Along with the "motivations" of the "evil" characters. But this thread is not the right one for this^^.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jan 9th, '12, 19:46

I tried "My Princess" recently, but dropped it after the first two or three episodes. The plot, the script, the characters, just everything was just SO GODDAMN STUPID! It was probably one of the worst writing I've ever seen, it literally made me cringe.

Right now, I'm waiting for the last subs of "Flower, me too", and started "Forbidden love". I plan to watch "That Fool" and "Secret Garden" in the future.

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Jan 10th, '12, 01:48

- Bachelor's Vegetable Store
- Color Of Woman
- Come, Come, Absolutely Come
- High Kick 3
- Ojakgyo Brothers
- Queen Insoo
- The Moon The Embraces The Sun

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jan 10th, '12, 03:00

looking forward to catching up on padam padam tonight and may start fermentation family. What the heck would i do without k-dramas? too often they are the silver lining to my crappy days. That and alcohol. lots of it. Take today for example. somehow i ended up with a splash of salsa in my eye and the rest of the jar ended up on my a%^. how did this happen?
my good luck+ clumsiness+ the stupidity of putting a breakable object with contents that make an unholy mess on the top shelf of my refrigerator. Got a idol who can't shed real tears? splash some salsa in their eyes. It had me, tough cookie that i am bawling like a little bi&$h. :cry: wait they may not have salsa readily available. gochujang? kimchi brine? yup that should do it. (i hope it is obvious that this should not be taken seriously. I don't condone violence, especially towards hot,young,korean males although the sadistic side of me sometimes likes to see these hot young boys in pain and crying). sorry for the :cussing: i rarely do but today was just one of them days. now to padam padam and :alcoholic:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 11th, '12, 20:18

Did I read alcohol?
I'm in!!

Watching:
1. What's Up! ♥
2. Padam Padam
3. Color of Woman
4. Moon That Embraces Sun
5. Wild Romance

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jan 12th, '12, 04:29

Watched the first 2 episodes of Wild Romance. I like it, it has the Protect the Boss feeling. The female lead was also the lead in Poseidon and i have to say...she should stay in the romcomgenre. She is in Wild Romance by far better, than in Poseidon. It fits more.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jan 14th, '12, 04:41

really enjoying a lot of dramas right now. alchohol helps too. i know i know. seems like im always drinking :alcoholic:

here is my list:
6. wild romance (like it but not love it so far)
5. color of woman(waiting for subs for 10 on and wondering if no one is subbing anymore)
4. the moon that embraces the sun(normally I get tired of watching kid/teen actors and can't wait for them to grow up but they are soooo cute i can't wipe the silly grin off my face)
3. what's up? ( i like it the more eps i watch. didn't know this was a musical until i saw ep 3.)
2. padam padam( always liked Jung Woo Sung but Kim Bum is just so perfect..and the bromance!!! it gets me everytime.
1. History of the salaryman ( i thought this would be boring from the synopsis but it is so different from what i expected. there is really so much i want to say about this drama but I don't want to talk it up too much. if you're thinking about checking it out i hope you do. You won't be disappointed. It is truly a different and special drama and if it stays the same i think it will be my favorite.) and the epilogues oh the epilogues.
here's a tip: try not to surprise the man peeing in the urinal next to yours. Love the one from ep 3 where he covers other guys eyes but can't stop himself from staring lolz
:cheers:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jan 16th, '12, 07:05

The Duo- I've gotten used to the idea that saeguk's have terrible endings, except for Hong Gil Dong 's which if you pay attention you realize it's the only ending that makes any sense, so how's the ending of The Duo

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jan 16th, '12, 09:32

It's a saeguk-ending^^. Not so bad like in Hong Gild Dong, where they kill EVERY character, but overall a saeguk.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jan 17th, '12, 16:48

Can you hear my heart, A thousand kisses and Ojagkyo brothers. All of them are good and I rush home just to watch them!

awesomedanielle

picture

Post by awesomedanielle » Jan 17th, '12, 17:34

jubies33 wrote:really enjoying a lot of dramas right now. alchohol helps too. i know i know. seems like im always drinking :alcoholic:

here is my list:
6. wild romance (like it but not love it so far)
5. color of woman(waiting for subs for 10 on and wondering if no one is subbing anymore)
4. the moon that embraces the sun(normally I get tired of watching kid/teen actors and can't wait for them to grow up but they are soooo cute i can't wipe the silly grin off my face)
3. what's up? ( i like it the more eps i watch. didn't know this was a musical until i saw ep 3.)
2. padam padam( always liked Jung Woo Sung but Kim Bum is just so perfect..and the bromance!!! it gets me everytime.
1. History of the salaryman ( i thought this would be boring from the synopsis but it is so different from what i expected. there is really so much i want to say about this drama but I don't want to talk it up too much. if you're thinking about checking it out i hope you do. You won't be disappointed. It is truly a different and special drama and if it stays the same i think it will be my favorite.) and the epilogues oh the epilogues.
here's a tip: try not to surprise the man peeing in the urinal next to yours. Love the one from ep 3 where he covers other guys eyes but can't stop himself from staring lolz
:cheers:

Hey. I'm just wondering, you have 2 pictures of secret garden. what episodes were they in? Thanks. Cheers =)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jan 17th, '12, 17:59

The second picture is from episode 4 or 5 and the first one is from a special, its a picture from a NG-cut.

JoJoVitro

Post by JoJoVitro » Jan 17th, '12, 19:26

I've been watching mostly KDramas. The only bad thing about being addicted to KDramas is that once you've watched all the ones that your so into, you have to find another. And then it goes on and on!! Lol.

I'm currently watching:

Wild Romance
Color of Woman

I've already finished Flowerboy Ramyun Shop, and just finished Protect The Boss. That drama was adorable!! I'm also waiting for Dream High 2 to come out. I loved the first one. : )

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 17th, '12, 19:40

1-Soul ,I love underrated dramas,this one is good ,I love the storyline ,I wish more dramas were like this ,I had enough with stupid rom-com!
2-What's up!
3-Slaryman.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jan 17th, '12, 20:55

first picture is like silverman said but second is from end of ep 6. sham I am so glad there is someone else watching salaryman. what do you think of it so far?
laughed so hard at the epic golf course fight. loved when the kick a** secretary ripped her skirt and gave some poor smuck a high kick to the face. what about at the beginning when yoo bang was signing the contract and you could see Baek Yeo Chi in the window across the street throwing a hissy fit lol
I think this is so wacky and out there. the plot is different and the execution well done. very refreshing drama to me. It really has everything. corporate espionage, action and thriller? you betcha. Comedy and melodrama? normally i hate melodrama it is so funny that it the crying and angst(which actually makes sense) doesn't even bother me in the least and actually adds to the drama rather than detracting. characters are different and interesting. they even take the cliche characters and reinvent them to make them new and fresh. actors are doing a great job. Never really liked Jung Ryu Won but she is great here. I love that the "hero" isn't your typical hero but a bumbling idiot who's smarter than he looks. He is such a lovable dork.

awesomedanielle

Post by awesomedanielle » Jan 18th, '12, 09:03

aahhh. now i remember! thanks a lot guys =)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 18th, '12, 22:39

:offtopic:
jubies33 wrote:first picture is like silverman said but second is from end of ep 6. sham I am so glad there is someone else watching salaryman. what do you think of it so far?
laughed so hard at the epic golf course fight. loved when the kick a** secretary ripped her skirt and gave some poor smuck a high kick to the face. what about at the beginning when yoo bang was signing the contract and you could see Baek Yeo Chi in the window across the street throwing a hissy fit lol
I think this is so wacky and out there. the plot is different and the execution well done. very refreshing drama to me. It really has everything. corporate espionage, action and thriller? you betcha. Comedy and melodrama? normally i hate melodrama it is so funny that it the crying and angst(which actually makes sense) doesn't even bother me in the least and actually adds to the drama rather than detracting. characters are different and interesting. they even take the cliche characters and reinvent them to make them new and fresh. actors are doing a great job. Never really liked Jung Ryu Won but she is great here. I love that the "hero" isn't your typical hero but a bumbling idiot who's smarter than he looks. He is such a lovable dork.

Sham26 wrote: Started "Salaryman" ,I like the story but not that "funny"parts because I don't find them funny at all !May be if it was done in a serious way ,I'll like it more,anyway let's give it a chance!
That was what I thought after watching the first 2 episodes, now that I watched ep03&04,I kinda get it !Yes I like the characters too, the story is original and actors are doing great job!The first lead ,knew his smarter than he looks in that interview scene ,couldn't stop laughing there !and the epilogues are priceless!
Back to the topic:
Adding to my watching list :Padam,padam

Lanofrose

Post by Lanofrose » Jan 25th, '12, 18:55

Dream High yep..... im a little late but meh that's cause im new to the whole k-drama thing (thank you HuluPlus)

honeyblossom

Post by honeyblossom » Jan 25th, '12, 19:22

Im watching City Hunter

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jan 25th, '12, 19:48

Currently watching "Temptation of Wife". In quite a few dramas they make parodies of this drama, so i thought i give it a try. The only thing which really creeps me out, are the actors and their age. I mean one main lead is in rl 44 y old at the point of the dramaairing and he plays a 35 y old guy and a highschooler in the flashbacks. And the actress, who plays his mother is just 2 years older than him.
And other castmembers are not much better matched. I mean i don't have to have 20year old idols. I'm also ok with older people. But their actual age and the dramaage should at least match more or less +-5 years. You can't let a ~45 year old guy play a 18y old, then an ~25y old and then a 35 y old guy. I know, why they made the same people play all the "ages" they show (the watcher should instantly understand who's who and it saves money), but still... But apart from that. The actors are godd and the story is also good so far(although a little bit melo^^).

HAVA-RAVA

Post by HAVA-RAVA » Jan 25th, '12, 20:39

Watching last episode of Protect the Boss.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 25th, '12, 23:34

Few days ago I finished "Soul" (luckily before some filesharing closed) and it was good,I really enjoyed it,it was like a "fresh air" from the casual dramas,I know it doesn't make sense because the drama was so dark !Im Joo Eun was great there,thumbs up for this actress!
Brain replaced it, the first 2 episodes weren't good at all but after that it became really amazing ! ( + no symathy for the second male lead and he's so hard on the eyes :S )Shin Hakyun is a god of acting !

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Jan 26th, '12, 02:12

I was watching Wild Romance. I liked Lee Si Young minus the hairdo. But the story was not interesting and the characters unappealing.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jan 26th, '12, 20:42

I watched so far half of the episodes of "Temptation of Wife". Yes its melo over the top, but its addicting. It's been a long time, since i watched such an addicting drama. Til now it's how i wish a revengedrama should be. OK there are some logic-errors here and there, but it's still good. I just hope it'll be so good until the end.

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Jan 31st, '12, 17:59

I finished "Scent of a Woman" two days ago. I think it's one of the most beautiful dramas I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot!). The actors were really good and had a lot of chemistry. The story was at times funny, at other times really sad, but it never got boring (I found it pretty addictive actually!). I really appreciated that there were little to no side-stories diverting attention from the main storyline, and if there were, they always ended up being somehow related to the main storyline. I also loved the message carried throughout the drama which got me to thinking about the way that I lead my life.

I'm planning on watching more of the work made by the two main actors of this drama. I really wanted to watch "Bittersweet Life", but with Megaupload being down and all, I can't find links anywhere (plus: my internet connection is blocked against torrents :roll ). I think that instead I'm going to go for either "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" or "My Girl". I'll see what I can find.

I think I've given up on "Secret Garden" and "Protect the Boss". I guess they were just not my cup of tea. :-)

Timothy

the moon that embraces the sun

Post by Timothy » Feb 2nd, '12, 12:27

i LOOOOOVVVE THIs!!
I watch this every wednesday and thursday night at ionair tv LIVE

It even has korean subtitles for me.
I think my korean is pretty... not bad.. haha but ionair has english subtitles for live tv
love it love it
i love kim soo hyun!

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Feb 3rd, '12, 15:53

I am currently watching a lot.. again and I haven't been this busy watching since May last year.

Deep Rooted Tree (Episode 12)
Bachelor's Vegetable Store (Episode 13)
Wild Romance (Episode 6)
A Thousand Day's Promise (Episode 1)

Recently finished:
Flower Boy Ramen Shop
Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung
Poseidon

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 4th, '12, 17:31

Silverman wrote:I watched so far half of the episodes of "Temptation of Wife". Yes its melo over the top, but its addicting. It's been a long time, since i watched such an addicting drama. Til now it's how i wish a revengedrama should be. OK there are some logic-errors here and there, but it's still good. I just hope it'll be so good until the end.
I came here to post the same thing!

I randomly came across Temptation of an Angel and started to watch it. It was really good, but the last few episodes where boring(they dragged 1 episode into 3 episodes... bascially crying and everything). But right from the start, it's very addictive and good drama. Not sure why I haven't seen it being recommended.

Dropped All In. I left in like 16th episode, tried to continue but I just simply couldn't and deleted it. Same thing will happen to Swollow The Sun. And Hong Gil Dong will be deleted, too. Just too stupid(the high jumping n stuff).

And I will now rewatch Chuno, probably. But I will still go and ask for a recommendation.

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Feb 5th, '12, 00:04

I'm currently watching two dramas at the same time (it's the first time I'm doing this!). I'm watching "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" and "Autumn Tale". I started watching the first episode of Kim Sam Soon and found it pretty boring, so I watched 3 episodes of Autumn Tale, than it got boring too, so I watched the second episode of Sam Soon and got completely addicted. I'm already on episode 6! Actually it's so addictive and funny that I can't bring myself to continue Autumn Tale. Haha what am I going to do? :P

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Feb 5th, '12, 18:40

Watching:

Padam Padam (2 eps to go)
Tree with deep roots (3 eps to go)
Moon that embraces the sun (ep 8 )
Queen Seon Deok (ep 18 )

On Hold:

Me too flower (it got so bad somewhere in the middle :S)
A Thousand Kisses
A Thousand Day's promise

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Feb 6th, '12, 20:08

Vampire Prosecutor
Bad Family (or Fake Family or whatever it's called)
Manny

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Feb 6th, '12, 23:34

I finished "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" this afternoon which I thought was really good (albeit a little soap-ish at times). I must say I was really impressed by Kim Sun Ah's performance once again. She was awesome in this role!

I decided to pick up "Secret Garden" where I'd left it (ep.13) for the pure reason that I wanted to compare Hyun Bin's performance in both dramas. The story got a little more interesting around episode 14 so I managed (with sheer will) to reach the final episode, but I'm 17 minutes into it, and I just can't take the melodramatic soapy cheesiness anymore (sorry that's harsh! :P ). I could write a novel about everything I don't like about this drama but I just....won't. :whistling:

I've decided to drop it again and start "My Girl" tomorrow. I'm putting "Autumn Tale" on hold until I'm in the mood for a more depressing drama. :-)

Viande

Post by Viande » Feb 7th, '12, 23:53

Putting Can't Lose on hold now that I got more interesting stuff around.

Started Tree With Deep Roots and the first 4 episodes were just amazing. After that though... no Song Joong Ki. :-( I demand more period dramas with Song Joong Ki! Also, the main character, Kang Chae Yoon, is a bit annoying... But I like the story.

Secondly I'm watching Shut Up Flower Boy Band. So far it's pretty much what I expected but it's not actually that bad. I was just hoping it would have been about punks' life but they ended up being bullied too. Maybe it's better for the young people not to get bad influences... 2nd ep ending was a bit shock, not in a good way.

Also, I tried two episodes of Padam Padam but can't get myself into it. I get it why people like it but the older male lead annoys me too much. He looks like a crazy person and I really can't find a reason to watch him.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Feb 8th, '12, 01:12

Dream High 2 - Checked out the first couple of episodes. The show is alright even if the story is a bit ridiculous. There is something about Kang So Ra that makes her likable.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 9th, '12, 11:30

Finished my BEST two dramas of 2011-2012 so far which are "What's UP" and "Padam Padam".
And started another BEST of Kdramas, Brain. I am just totally in love with it. Well, with SHK to be honest. I am so glad that I picked it. My next drama to pick up will be " Harvest Villa" for sure. :mrgreen:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Feb 9th, '12, 13:44

Viande wrote:Also, I tried two episodes of Padam Padam but can't get myself into it. I get it why people like it but the older male lead annoys me too much. He looks like a crazy person and I really can't find a reason to watch him.
My thoughts too , but ep05 wasn't that bad so I think I'll just carry on watching it !

"What's up": 2 episodes left,I hate the romance btw Tae hee and Jae hun ! Love Oh dori ,please more characters like her in the kdramaland!

"Salaryman" Ep11: now I'm loving it, seriously,the plot,the charcters everything ,love that and the subs are pretty fast I think !

Finished "Brain", I loved it except the final episode ,it wasn't what I was hoping for ,the drama was good ,SHK is like always ,stunning but the final messed it up fpr me !:cry:

Anticipating:For the emperor,Fashion king and Rooftop prince and Love rain , hehe kidding not that last one ! March is going to be royally full!

HAVA-RAVA

Post by HAVA-RAVA » Feb 10th, '12, 18:07

Watching What's Up?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 10th, '12, 18:22

I'm drama deprived lately, 2 best dramas ended, so...
I started Evasive Inquiry Agency, and continue Wild Romance and Queen Insu.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 10th, '12, 19:02

Ethlenn wrote:I'm drama deprived lately, 2 best dramas ended, so...
I started Evasive Inquiry Agency, and continue Wild Romance and Queen Insu.
What were those 2 best dramas?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 10th, '12, 19:16

I think I raved and spammed the internets enough about Padam Padam and What's Up to make it obvious.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 10th, '12, 20:00

Ethlenn wrote:I think I raved and spammed the internets enough about Padam Padam and What's Up to make it obvious.
I haven't been here properly for some time because of my scientific research project for school.

And,yes, I have to agree - Padam Padam is awesome. I started it last week.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 11th, '12, 08:18

I just started Padam Padam, I have to say that if they did it right I think I'm going to love it

bontadu59

Post by bontadu59 » Feb 11th, '12, 18:08

I'm currently watching :

-Wild Romance
-Dream High 2
-Kaito Royale

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Feb 11th, '12, 21:46

Currently watching "Family's Honor" and am half way through. The first drama, in which i don't like PSH's character. well, the main couple overall is a little bit...meh. I mean
in a lot of dramas i don't see why the female lead likes the male lead. But here it's worse. The guy is an as*hole and he tries to destroy her family and what this family achieved over the last 60 years. So she has every reason to hate him, but noooo...she loves him (even though he will reconsider later and safe the day, but still he dates her and in the same time harms the family´...it's just wrong and kinda ooc for her character, since family>all for her.
But i like all the other couples and i have first time in my dramalife the urge to skip all th maincouplescenes and just watch for the other couples.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 11th, '12, 22:14

Finished 12th episode of Padam Padam. Last 3 episodes I watched without subs and you know what? I do know Korean quite well, indeed. Ok, I have some problems with dialects, though.
Sadly, Padam Padam is getting a bit boring. I hope there will be something to make it more interesting.
I seem to be much more interested in Angel's and that girl's love story than the main one. :D The main love story is just boring. At least now.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 11th, '12, 22:54

Neliets wrote:
I seem to be much more interested in Angel's and that girl's love story than the main one. :D The main love story is just boring. At least now.
:lol same here. I just can't click with KC x Jina togther story but I love KC's story on his own. for me the main couple to watch are GS X HS :wub: . I just adore HS character.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 13th, '12, 08:01

I just started What's Up my reaction in a word is wow, so that means for the first time in a while I'm watching two dramas Padam, Padam and What's Up with such strong starts I hope they both keep it up.
I've only seen the first episode of What's up but I already have so much to say, just not here

In Padam, Padam is Kim Bum really an angel or is he just crazy?

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 14th, '12, 11:47

Finished Brain last night and now I officially have my BEST three Kdramas of 2011-2012.
It was engaging in every scene and I even liked the ending. I thought it was a bit too happy for such drama but I did not mind it at all because I thought we needed it after all those emotional storyline.
Brain left me with seriously huge love and admiration for SHK. He's such a fabulous actor and I need to see him in more works. I really hope he gets another drama.
Now I need to look for Harvest Villa. 8)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 14th, '12, 13:01

Sajen16 wrote:
In Padam, Padam is Kim Bum really an angel or is he just crazy?
:rofl: :rofl:
Well, he's an angel. A crazy one.

OK, finished Evasive Agency and I must say - it's kind of underrated drama. Funny, well acted, with retarded Minki, what else one may want?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 14th, '12, 16:18

Today I got sick a bit(cold). So thath meant that I had to stay at home in bed and I am sure that all of you know what this means - drama watching time. Since I had no drama to watch I looked for one. I found two, not one. Road Number One and Comrades. I started with Road Number One and I just finished 4th episode. The drama is awesome and all bit not something that someone should watch when they are sick/not feeling well.

Even though this is not recomendation topic, I'll ask you to recommend me something.

And sorry for any misspellings, because I am writing from my iphone, because my PC's keyboard isn't working.

mykdrama

Post by mykdrama » Feb 15th, '12, 09:33

Neliets wrote:
mykdrama wrote:
Neliets wrote:I started to watch Swallow The Sun, but I suddenly felt like watching What Happened in Bali. Watching it again and still loving it.
Is it worth watching? I see a lot of dramas, didnt watch that one
What Happened in Bali? I think that it's worth watching.

I am close to finish rewatching What Happened in Bali. But I decided to start Princess Man, too. I am now watching the first episode. The beginning seems promising.

By the way - I don't know why but I feel like watching Chuno again, even though I finished it only like a week ago. Damn.
Wow!!! whats wrong?? you fickle or something!! start something and leave in the middle for something else.....come on
Princess man was really good. Ill watch what happened in bali sometime, just not now.
Im watching coffee prince the third time and still loving it...forever in love with han kyul...
watching fermentation family too which is kind of soothing and nice.

mykdrama

Post by mykdrama » Feb 15th, '12, 09:38

Coffee prince best best best

mykdrama

Post by mykdrama » Feb 15th, '12, 09:49

whats up started good, but somehow i lost interest during the end...
try ojakyo brothers, really a good story, even if its long not a single boring episode.
did anyone watch colour of woman? is it any good

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 15th, '12, 10:48

mykdrama wrote:
Neliets wrote:
mykdrama wrote: Is it worth watching? I see a lot of dramas, didnt watch that one
What Happened in Bali? I think that it's worth watching.

I am close to finish rewatching What Happened in Bali. But I decided to start Princess Man, too. I am now watching the first episode. The beginning seems promising.

By the way - I don't know why but I feel like watching Chuno again, even though I finished it only like a week ago. Damn.
Wow!!! whats wrong?? you fickle or something!! start something and leave in the middle for something else.....come on
Princess man was really good. Ill watch what happened in bali sometime, just not now.
Im watching coffee prince the third time and still loving it...forever in love with han kyul...
watching fermentation family too which is kind of soothing and nice.
When the time comes, you'll understand.

Since no one has recommended me anything, I started to watch A Love To Kill again. This is like 6th time I've watched it. Up to episode 12 or so, because thats when it all goes boring.

hikki

Post by hikki » Feb 15th, '12, 11:18

I usually watch only jdrama but, after "You're Beautiful" I've recently ended "Playful Kiss" which was nice, even if I wasn't a big fan of the female main character and now I'm in "Wild Romance" : love,crazy humor and face and a pinch of mistery!^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 15th, '12, 19:03

hikki wrote: "Wild Romance" : love,crazy humor and face and a pinch of mistery!^^
This drama is awesome. Awesome (except for Jessica acting). Come on, SNSD fans, wanna fight?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 15th, '12, 23:35

Watching and enjoying O.Brothers Family. they are all interesting stories about the brothers.

Absolute involved and appreciating 'Thousand Day Promise' Great writer. Really good cast and no wasted words or bits and pieces. It is like reading a marvellous book and each episode is like a new chapter as you see the characters rise from the page.
Every small piece of dialogue is like a paragraph. Tells you everything you need to know about background but keeps you right in the minute with the scene at hand.

I love it. Just 20 episodes.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 15th, '12, 23:39

Still trying to finish Gaeback. Not easy now at the last part. Almost boring. Gosh ! How could Lee Seo Jin be boring.

Same thing goes for Gwangaetto. It's too much of too much despite Lee Tae Gon.

Could not stay with Brain. Would never want to be a patient in that hospital either.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Feb 16th, '12, 00:48

Skipped through the last episodes of Family's Honor. Seriously this drama has 54 episodes, but it should end 10-15 episodes earlier. Although i hated the female lead (the character, not the actress), i liked the rest of the characters and the first half was enjoyable. But the second half is just boring...nothing happens...really nothing. I mean 50 of the 60 minutes the established couples are just doing everyday-things like eating, housework, sleeping, watching TV, going to work, telling each other how they love each other...in the last 10 minutest something happens, but is also not very interesting.

Now downloading "Operation Proposal". It's the korean version of Yamapis drama, so I'm looking forward to watch this.