So, What Kdrama are you currently watching?

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 16th, '12, 01:21

Silverman wrote:. But the second half is just boring...nothing happens...really nothing. I mean 50 of the 60 minutes the established couples are just doing everyday-things like eating, housework, sleeping, watching TV, going to work, telling each other how they love each other...in the last 10 minutest something happens, but is also not very interesting.
Welcome to the world of 50+ family kdramas. where 50 something ep can be easily fit into 20-30 ep interesting drama that is not draggy or boring. not even sure why they waste all their resources and money to make such long dramas. I had my fair share and I don't think I will be starting new one, any time soon. :glare:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 16th, '12, 02:40

What's Up- does Im Joo Eun channel her character Yoon Ha Na from Soul and scare Eun Chae Young to death at the end cause if not I'm not sure the end is satisfying

miyachanfan

Post by miyachanfan » Feb 16th, '12, 03:10

my great wonderful new love PADAM PADAM et the lovely Bacherlor Vegetable Store :)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 16th, '12, 04:09

Issy,

I do hope that you will try thousand Day Promise. I think you might just love it.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 16th, '12, 07:04

Peggy wrote:Issy,

I do hope that you will try thousand Day Promise. I think you might just love it.
Actually, after reading your posts in TDP thread, I was thinking of adding it to the watch list. :mrgreen:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 16th, '12, 09:00

Issy,
Funny thing is that I am so sky high in my admiration for this drama that it makes me splutter when I read the posts on another site. It is a site I like and use a lot, and they also do a thread of ' watch with others and then talk about the episodes' Some of the comments are so totally off the point that it is more than I can do to refrain from making very sharp rebuttals.... I mean how can they make silly jokes about scenes and episodes considering the content of this drama. I am being very good however, and remaining silent. I believe that this is one drama that stands alone and does not need defense from me.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 16th, '12, 09:19

Peggy
Well dear, everyone has different taste and connect to a drama in a different way. It's like how you dropped "Brain" from the 1st ep and how I see it as one of the best and totally loved it. :mrgreen:
I will try to see TDP very soon. 8)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 16th, '12, 14:27

Oh, dear. Today I started Wild Romance. I started only because Ethlenn said that this drama is very entertaining. And, yes, indeed, it really is that entertaining! I'm loving it :D It's funny, a bit mysterious(4th episode at the moment) and I can really feel that there will be quite interesting love story. :D

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 16th, '12, 19:49

:-) Issy,

Isn't it funny how kdramas have shown us how different our opinions can be about the same drama.I have sometimes thought that all governments and rulers should be introduced to Kdramas to see if they can then iron out more seriious problems. If they can agree to disagree about Kdramas then they might be able to do the same about international affairs. m Oh well that's a pipe dream I guess.

It's quite true we all get different feelings and enjoyment for different dramas. I still can't find out in my own mind why so many people went crazy over 'Greatest Love' I watched quite a lot of it and it did not move me one bit. In fact I still don't care for that man. and I have seen him in many dramas and shows just talking.
His present hairstyle does not help at all...... :roll

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 16th, '12, 21:40

Just to gathering some information together.

Started :
Road Number One
Wild Romance
Rewatch A Love To Kill(like 6th or even 7th time already, so yeah... I know what will happen anyways)

Downloading/-ed(planning to watch)
Hong Gil Dong(not so sure about this one)
Comrades

Ahh, and, by the way, I will just spam some of my thoughts here, since I just like to write senseless stuff on d-addicts about dramas and kpop(this will be left out this time).
I was just watching few MV`s of drama OST and few of my favorite songs, and I thought - damn, I have watched around 30 dramas(from a bit more than hundred I've seen) AT LEAST twice. A Love To Kill is somehow a really special case - I can't even count times how many I've watched it. There is Goong, My Girl etc I've watched many, many times. But somehow, when listening to a song from Resurrection OST, I thought - why I haven't properly(I have rewatched them, but you couldn't say that I did it properly) watched Resurrection and The Devil, even though those both dramas were like my #1 favorite and they are so damn good? I really don't understand it. Same goes for Chuno, but in Chuno case I blame that I watched it only 2 months ago. And when I think about it, then same goes for Bad Guy, too, which was an awesome drama just like previously mentioned ones. And I could continue this list... Oh, it just hit me! All these dramas that I mentioned just now, are liked by Ethlenn, too. It must be her fault! :D

Oh, by the way, while watching Wild Romance, I thought - oh, god, I hope I don't have to drop this drama. Because I have quite a nasty habit of dropping new rom-coms. I dropped Greatest Love, Tell Me You Love Me(even though I am a fan of YEH) and there should me one more... can't recall it. :D

So, good night!

miyachanfan

Post by miyachanfan » Feb 16th, '12, 22:53

Neliets

you'll love Hong Gil Dong, its an amazing show! well it's my all time fav, so I surely am a bit biased :D anyway, I can't find a reason why ANYone should not totally love it, it has everything, humor, friendship, love, action, suspense, heroes, tragedies, beautiful emotions and stunning actors :))) *advertisement* :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 16th, '12, 22:59

miyachanfan wrote:Neliets

you'll love Hong Gil Dong, its an amazing show! well it's my all time fav, so I surely am a bit biased :D anyway, I can't find a reason why ANYone should not totally love it, it has everything, humor, friendship, love, action, suspense, heroes, tragedies, beautiful emotions and stunning actors :))) *advertisement* :D
Oh, I could give you few reasons why I don't like this drama. This and Iljimae I hate with a burning passion.

miyachanfan

Post by miyachanfan » Feb 16th, '12, 23:04

Ethlenn

yeah its not perfect, but everyone has things he/she searches for in virtual life if it's lacking in real life. For me, it happens to be loyalty, morals, courage, altruism, true friendship etc., not cheesy romance or cinderella stories... although they're cool, too! Well, it also depends on the period of your life and what you're experiencing at the moment. You must be searching sth else in dramas :)

ps: absolutely loved Iljimae :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 16th, '12, 23:24

Ethlenn wrote:
miyachanfan wrote:Neliets

Oh, I could give you few reasons why I don't like this drama. This and Iljimae I hate with a burning passion.
+1 :mrgreen:
and I think it's HGD's fault that I can't watch KJH in anything anymore. gave me serious allergy to the guy.

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Feb 16th, '12, 23:55

What I'm watching currently::
1. Bachelor's Vegetable Store
- Opinion up to episode 16, skip it unless you want to pull out your hair. If you're watching it I say this primarily because of "Crazy Mom" 'nough said.

2. Just You
- Opinion up to episode 73, if you've seen Smile Dong-hae you've pretty much seen this one

3. Dream High 2
- Opinion up to episode 6, if you've seen season 1 you're going to be disappointed with this one. Story is chaotic at best nonsensical and/or whimsy. Characters and/or their initial stories are also whimsy and it doesn't seem as if they'll be flushed out like in the previous season.

4. History Of The Salaryman
- Opinion up to episode 13, not bad only a few minor issues for me and that's pretty much the story for Mo Ga Bi (Kim Suh Hyung) has me scratching my head over her being the way she is (though it's kind of explained in episode 14 but it's one of those WTH kind of things). Yeo Chi (Jung Ryu Won) and her cursing like a sailor is definitely a bonus...that and Jesus Christmas is a hoot.

5. Ojakgyo Brothers
- Typical fun loving family drama. It has it's off moments but overall well worth the 58 episodes. Beware of the love stories because you're bound to get cavities from all the sweetness. :D

6. High Kick 3
- Another 'daily' show that doesn't really rely too heavily on a single flowing story, as many sitcoms do, so it's easier to get into if you miss an episode or a week. The characters are solid and enjoyable though some of those character added to some side stories can get on ones nerves. Some elements of those side stories have a tendency to run rather long, it's a daily show after all, so it's to be expected at times.

7. The Moon That Embraces The Sun
- One of those period dramas that feature all kinds of cliched bits like revenge, love, redemption, and new beginnings. If you can stomach one or more of those elements + a side of romance (think endless love, undying love, that kind of thing) it's worth watching though once you hit a certain point you're going to shake a fist at the monitor/tv you're watching at the heavy handed revenge plots that dog a lot of period dramas so my advice would be grit your teeth and just get through it as it's bound to pay off in the end.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 17th, '12, 13:12

Neliets wrote: Tell Me You Love Me(even though I am a fan of YEH)!
I am very sorry about the mistake. I meant the drama "Try Lying To Me". Not sure why I mixed those 2 up.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 18th, '12, 07:21

I just finished What's Up which I loved despite a criminal under use of Im Joo Eun so I guess I'm going to resume Padam Padam which I put on hold to finish What's Up. Does anyone know who the actress is that plays the girl who works in the school store and is part of the set making crew I swear she looks so familiar but I don't know why

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 19th, '12, 17:39

I picked Padam Padam up again and still loving it

I've decided to finally get around to watching some of the old dramas that started the k wave starting with, Love Story in Harvard, one thing I don't get is why is he studying law in a foreign country, medicine or science or other universal things I would understand but why law which is country specific when it does not appear to be his intention to immigrate

Me Too, Flower so far it's o.k. I might drop it after the 4th or 5t episode like a lot of people, but the one advantage I have is I actually like Lee Ji Ah, just not as an actress I like her because of her "scandal" with some musician I guess I've never heard of

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 19th, '12, 19:00

Sajen16 wrote: why is he studying law in a foreign country, medicine or science or other universal things I would understand but why law which is country specific when it does not appear to be his intention to immigrate
Because EVERYONE in Kdramas emigrate to study/whatever. Don't you know? It's part of their job application and CV in dramas.
Sajen16 wrote:with some musician I guess I've never heard of
You're too young to Hallyu, I guess... 5 years ago I'd say she's the woman I never heard of, but Seo Taiji...

Ok, I need some sitcom, i miss watching sitcoms ever since HK 2 ended. Is Vampire Idol any good? HK 3 disappointed me so no...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 19th, '12, 20:10

Ethlenn wrote:
Sajen16 wrote: why is he studying law in a foreign country, medicine or science or other universal things I would understand but why law which is country specific when it does not appear to be his intention to immigrate
Because EVERYONE in Kdramas emigrate to study/whatever. Don't you know? It's part of their job application and CV in dramas.
Sajen16 wrote:with some musician I guess I've never heard of
You're too young to Hallyu, I guess... 5 years ago I'd say she's the woman I never heard of, but Seo Taiji...

Ok, I need some sitcom, i miss watching sitcoms ever since HK 2 ended. Is Vampire Idol any good? HK 3 disappointed me so no...
Seo Taiji is pretty much legend. :mrgreen:

Sitcoms are any good, Ethlenn? I have never seen one(korean). I somehow think that I wouldn't like that many episodes of Korean drama, even though, when I was watching US and UK Tv-shows, I was loving the long ones.

I have been busy lately, haven't been additively watching Wild Romance. I just watched 7th episode and started 8th. And my first impression of Jessica(I think it was her). I didn't recognize her at first. And I barely can now. On stage she looks different - young and pretty(not my type, though). Here, we can have a better look at her - she isn't that pretty actually, and when you see her closer, at least to me, she seems... a bit old(for her age). I think the female lead is prettier and cuter(p.s. - I have seen her in few other dramas). And the female lead looks by years(and Jessica is 7 years younger than Lee Si Young) younger than Jessica but it's actually the other way around. The acting is obvious. But I guess that we need to give her some credit, it's her first drama, as far as I know. And I don't like Jessica's voice at all.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 19th, '12, 20:16

Neliets wrote:
Sitcoms are any good,
I'm irrevocably in love with HK first season (I laughed and cried like mad), the second I watched but the ending, although didn't disappoint me like some of the fans (well, in Korea it made sense after all) was pretty depressing, third one I dropped. Pit-a-Pat waits for me to be finished, I think I liked it^^
So I'm looking for another, and I'm wondering about Vampire Idol or Salamander Guru now.

But seriously, nothing, nothing can beat Lee Sunjae. I guess I worship him from this series onwards.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Feb 20th, '12, 00:12

Neliets wrote:Oh, dear. Today I started Wild Romance. I started only because Ethlenn said that this drama is very entertaining. And, yes, indeed, it really is that entertaining! I'm loving it :D It's funny, a bit mysterious(4th episode at the moment) and I can really feel that there will be quite interesting love story. :D
I started "Wild Romance" just at the beginning of the Season, and was pretty surprised by it: The one thing I like about this one are the characters and their good chemistry. The other thing is the story arc. I just finished Epidose 14 and damn, it is quite some time ago, when I wanted to see "the next episode" so bad like now. The other great thing about this drama is, that it has no filler episodes. Most Kdramas that I've watched always have some REALLY boring filler somwhere between episode 11 and 15. Not this one.
Also, I always get annoyed by a Kdrama when they overdo the "shouting at each other" and "boiling emotions" scenes, something that wasn't done here. Also the lack of these ridicilous "on - off" relationships is great, because this is something else that annoys me quite quickly.

In short: "Wild Romance" manages to have all the upsides that you will find in Kdramas...but none of the downsides. And this is why I really love "Wild Romance" and why it totally surprised me. I can'T wait for the last two episodes.

€: By the way: I totally don't understand why the ratings for Wild Romance are so bad...just about 4-5% nationwide. I think it deserves much more.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 20th, '12, 09:11

GaussAlgorithmus wrote: €: By the way: I totally don't understand why the ratings for Wild Romance are so bad...just about 4-5% nationwide. I think it deserves much more.
Because Moon That Embarrasses The Sun is aired at the same time.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Feb 20th, '12, 15:02

Wow, "The moon that embraces the sun" really has good and, more important, climing ratings.

€: Is it recommendable to me? Or has it a lot of the things I dislike and mentioned earlier?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 20th, '12, 15:34

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
€: Is it recommendable to me? Or has it a lot of the things I dislike and mentioned earlier?
I dropped it when kids actors disappered and their adult characters came to play. I don't know, maybe you give it a try, but I warn you. For me, the popularity of this drama is equal to Baker King one. Because it has ol' good ingredients that viewers love and don't mind another terrible cliche thrown into it. I can't feel the characters, for me they barely deliver their lines and that's all. Plus the plot is somewhat predictable.
But it's a safety zone - nothing can surprise you with this drama.

If you want a slightly underrated but nice period drama - try Queen Insoo. It's my historical fix at the moment.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 20th, '12, 15:51

Ethlenn wrote: I dropped it when kids actors disappered and their adult characters came to play. I don't know, maybe you give it a try, but I warn you. For me, the popularity of this drama is equal to Baker King one. Because it has ol' good ingredients that viewers love and don't mind another terrible cliche thrown into it. I can't feel the characters, for me they barely deliver their lines and that's all. Plus the plot is somewhat predictable.
But it's a safety zone - nothing can surprise you with this drama.

If you want a slightly underrated but nice period drama - try Queen Insoo. It's my historical fix at the moment.
and high rating of Baker King... always remains a mystery to me.
you say Queen Insoo? ummm, I need my sageuk fix as I am so deprived right now.

as for me, continuing with SHK obsession and watching Harvets Villa.
need to add some more to the list though. 8)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 20th, '12, 16:09

This is kinda offtopic here but let me ask this -
What drama you'd recommend for someone who has never seen a kdrama before. My friend is curious a bit. I need something that will make someone addicted right from the beginning. And probably not some lovestory, cause it's a guy.

And, Ethlenn, I just noticed that KNG finished his service this year(from your signature, of course). And when exactly it is? I can't wait his next drama :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 20th, '12, 16:18

Neliets wrote: And, Ethlenn, I just noticed that KNG finished his service this year(from your signature, of course). And when exactly it is? I can't wait his next drama :D
Am I not informed about something? It's only February of 2012. Last time I checked, he was scheduled to be released in July. :glare:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 20th, '12, 18:57

Ethlenn wrote:
Neliets wrote: And, Ethlenn, I just noticed that KNG finished his service this year(from your signature, of course). And when exactly it is? I can't wait his next drama :D
Am I not informed about something? It's only February of 2012. Last time I checked, he was scheduled to be released in July. :glare:
You are perfectly informed, as I see. :D I was just asking you, when exactly :D

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Feb 20th, '12, 19:15

Neliets wrote:This is kinda offtopic here but let me ask this -
What drama you'd recommend for someone who has never seen a kdrama before. My friend is curious a bit. I need something that will make someone addicted right from the beginning. And probably not some lovestory, cause it's a guy.

And, Ethlenn, I just noticed that KNG finished his service this year(from your signature, of course). And when exactly it is? I can't wait his next drama :D
The question is, what does he like? Comedy? Mystery? Action? Historical? Political? Does he like romance at least a little bit (there are people who don't watch anything romantic, even, if it's just 2% of the whole story)?
But as a "guy"-watcher perhaps one of these would be not too bad:
Devil
Evasive Inquiry Agency - fun and imho a little bit underrated
Fugitive Plan B - not the best drama out there, but for a watcher, who watched just us-dramas, it's not too different.
City Hunter (ok there is romance)
Giant (as first kdrama, perhaps an overkill)
Hero
Killer Girl
Iris
Athena

Not all of them are great, but they don't contain too much of korean romcoms-elements, which could scare your friend^^.

But overall, i would show your friend at first a few korean movies(oldboy, the host, a few romcoms in between). This would be the first drug^^. At the point, where he is hooked, then i would introduce a drama similar to the korean movies he liked.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Feb 20th, '12, 20:51

Add to what I wrote before, I am at ep 10 of "Wild romance" : ) !

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 20th, '12, 21:15

Silverman wrote:
Neliets wrote:This is kinda offtopic here but let me ask this -

The question is, what does he like? Comedy? Mystery? Action? Historical? Political? Does he like romance at least a little bit (there are people who don't watch anything romantic, even, if it's just 2% of the whole story)?
But as a "guy"-watcher perhaps one of these would be not too bad:
Devil
Evasive Inquiry Agency - fun and imho a little bit underrated
Fugitive Plan B - not the best drama out there, but for a watcher, who watched just us-dramas, it's not too different.
City Hunter (ok there is romance)
Giant (as first kdrama, perhaps an overkill)
Hero
Killer Girl
Iris
Athena

Not all of them are great, but they don't contain too much of korean romcoms-elements, which could scare your friend^^.

But overall, i would show your friend at first a few korean movies(oldboy, the host, a few romcoms in between). This would be the first drug^^. At the point, where he is hooked, then i would introduce a drama similar to the korean movies he liked.
I gave him Fugitive(few days ago), because it was one of the most fun dramas I've seen and there was action and... Rain... oops. :mrgreen: As far as I know, he has seen first episode. He said that it was quite weird but he will see how it goes. I was thinking about The Devil at first, but then I remembered that the beginning was quite slow. But I wondered - would good, old romcoms do the trick? They did the trick with us, didn't they? But I guess Goong is too ancient to watch these days... And My Girl.... ahhh... these dramas that made me addicted...

So this post wouldn't be 100% offtopic, I'll just inform you all that I am still watching Wild Romance in a speed of light! Literally. 12 episodes have passed but it feels like I just started(and I didn't fast-forward).

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Feb 20th, '12, 23:49

OK!I started Dr.Champ since I was looking for something to watch, I had to pause the first episode at 5 min to say that the image is so beautiful !
Good night : )

Viande

Post by Viande » Feb 21st, '12, 00:30

Neliets, I would actually recommend Vampire Prosecutor to him. It's quite close to western mystery series, if he likes them. The Devil's first episodes were not that great even though as a series it's one of my favourites. I'm not sure how much your friend likes period dramas/movies but even my hubby was watching Sungkyunkwan Scandal from my screen when I was watching it and he's not even bit interested in Asian dramas. About old romcoms, I think those you mentioned might be a bit too old by now. Goong was the one that made me hooked in k-dramas but it's pretty old. As for new romcoms... hmm... Coffee House, Protect the Boss or My Girlfriend is a Gumiho for sexy Shin Min Ah? :mrgreen: I'm too much into Asian dramas to judge.

Not to talk only off-topic, I'm still on Shut Up Flower Boy Band and Tree With Deep Roots while trying to finish Jiu (j-drama). Somehow can't find any of the current dramas interesting enough but was thinking of trying History of Salaryman next. I need more addicting series. :-(

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 21st, '12, 02:17

Well surprise... I watched an American film. It was on TV and was an old one.
''The Razor's Edge'.
It was still fresher than I expected. Tyrone Power was rather good to look at and the other actors in the cast were all pretty good, and Somerset Maughm knew his genre.

AsianDramazzz9

Post by AsianDramazzz9 » Feb 21st, '12, 05:41

Ojakgyo Brothers

and there's more on hold (i watch like 20 dramas at a time lol), but right now that's my #1 focus

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Feb 22nd, '12, 02:12

semi-fly wrote:Dream High 2
- Opinion up to episode 6, if you've seen season 1 you're going to be disappointed with this one. Story is chaotic at best nonsensical and/or whimsy. Characters and/or their initial stories are also whimsy and it doesn't seem as if they'll be flushed out like in the previous season.
The acting seems on par with the first season, so that shouldn't disappoint. :roll
Since I've nothing else to watch, I'll continue with Dream High 2, despite being a bad show.

Dschang!

Post by Dschang! » Feb 22nd, '12, 11:17

the most addicting one to me rigth now is wild romance. and I am really hooked on that one....

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 23rd, '12, 04:11

Brain- I don't know I watched the first episode but unlike House, Lee Kang Hoon seems to have no redeeming characteristics, does it get better or if I don't like the first episode I won't like the whole show?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 23rd, '12, 05:17

Well I am not sure of Brain at all. I started it and then stopped because I was not thrilled with the actor. the character is too arrogant and very proud of himself. He is not afraid to do underhanded things to get his way. Too proud altogether. Not at all sure I will continue with it.
Just finished "Thousand Day Promise' and despite the difficult subject I loved it A perfect drama from writing to directing to acting.
Still on the O.Boys and that I like.

Still trying to catch the late night Sat. drama 'LateNight Hospital. It's very dark and dramatic but I can't let it be.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 23rd, '12, 05:51

Dream High 2- O.K. so it's not Dream High 1 but it's not the worst thing ever it's decent and at times it's even good, the problem is the main love square despite having Ji Yeon the best current generation girl group actress, and Kang So Ra is frankly boring, far more interesting at least to me is the potential relationship between I don't know his name but the guy with curly hair glasses and a great voice but no where near good looking enough to be an idol, and Hyo Rin, who is adorable this is the first time I've seen her as despite some great voices like IU, Suzy from Mrs. A, and BoA when she sings and at least one world class voice in Hwan Hee Kpop ;like all pop is horrible so yeah that's my take on Dream High 2, go curly haired dude and Hyo Rin

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 23rd, '12, 07:00

Regarding Brain
Unlike any other dramas it does not have your average typical bad guy good guy and that what makes it interesting. They all are normal people. Not angels or demons. What's wrong with that?
Actually that why was attracted to Brain in the first place. Your main lead and the Dr is an ambitious guy who won't stop at anything to get what he wants. Proud, arrogant and ambitious are all characteristics of this person. Without giving away the story , of course he goes through changes in personality but to what extent , remains to be seen.
Another reason that made me love Brain so much was because of the main lead SHK whom I never seen before. Through out the drama his portrayal of Dr LKH is so perfect and spot. In my opinion , he's one of those real and true actors. People definitely need to see more of his works. I really hope he does another drama very soon.
Honestly I am not so sure if you are not totally conviced by ep1, watching more eps makes you like it more. As I said I was totally hooked by ep1. But, it's rating did pick up after few eps so, maybe?

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Feb 23rd, '12, 07:50

Thinking of watching Heartstrings

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 23rd, '12, 08:17

I've put Brain on hold for now and replaced it with Bachelor's Vegetable Store I haven't finished episode 1 yet but I have to say that mother is the most evil vile repulsive pathetic excuse for a human I've ever seen, and I live in a country where Republicans are constantly elected to public office

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 23rd, '12, 14:34

Shindou wrote:Thinking of watching Heartstrings
If you like plotless candy wooden dramas, then go ahead.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 23rd, '12, 17:41

I'm about half way through Padam Padam and I'm struggling with finishing it because as much as I love it which I do because well as a straight man this may seem odd but it's impossible not to fall in love with Kang Chil and through him Ji Na also Kim Bum is surprisingly fantastic, for while I loved The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry it wasn't because of him it was the women, but for some reason that I don't really know there's an almost equal force that repels me and that's slowed me down to one maybe two episodes of Padam Padam per day actually the source of the opposite force isn't unkown it's that I hate all characters not named Kang Chil, Ji Na or g**k Soo
Last edited by Sajen16 on Feb 23rd, '12, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

Seregil

Post by Seregil » Feb 23rd, '12, 17:57

Boys Over Flowers, episode 12

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 23rd, '12, 20:12

I fast-forwarded first episodes of Fugitive: Plan B, and came to conclusion that I made the wrong choice, giving it as a first drama for my friend. Anyone got any suggestions what to give my friend for his first kdrama(bear in mind that he is a guy)? I thought about Chuno but... I guess... it wouldn't be the best choice for the first drama, and Bad Guy.... But what about My Girlfirend is A Gumiho? :D I think he should totally fall in love with Shin Min Ah, because everyone does :D For a romcom maybe That Fool? That Fool would be too soft, wouldn't it? Damn, I'd want to give him Goong or My Girl but they would be considered ancient these days.

EDIT: What about Midas?

EDIT2: I'll just give him trailers and make him pick one. I have selected 4 : Bad Guy, Midas, The Devil, Chuno.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Feb 23rd, '12, 20:48

Off topic I guess but just giving my opinion about Brain,I start liking it after ep 4 so I can understand those who dropped it by the first episode,the medical side is perfect,if you like medical's then this is for you,but the romance is just mehh,it's one of those dramas (most??) that you don't know why the first leads love each others, well I guess like Wild romance,there's a fine line btw love and hate ! no need to know why, it's fate :D I loved the second female lead seriously, I found her "real" !the second male lead is so hard on the eyes!
Another bad point is the end, there's
no BIG change of the personnality and I waited for him to made a sacrifice for his love, she did everything and I hated that !
It's still a good drama but my fav medical drama is Surgeon Bong Dalhee!

@Neliets:it has to be korean?most of guys I know ( few :D) started with japanese dramas!
If you want a suggestion may be :Prosecutor princess? Vampire prosecutor? White christmas?Padam^2 or Wild romance :D

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Feb 23rd, '12, 21:26

Japanese dramas were the reason i avoided asian dramas for over two years. My GF is totally in jdramas (Koizora a.s.o.). But i hated this. But she tried to fix me up with dramas...but the kdramas brought me to the darks side.^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 23rd, '12, 21:36

Since we don't have a specific thread for Brain, I write my thoughts about its ending here too :mrgreen:
For me, ending was perfect. I don't like it when a character with extreme personality suddenly changes how s/he was and lived most years of their lives to another extreme. This applys to both good and bad characters. This does not happen in real life. If LKH changed his way and his personality, the ending would have been cliche. He did changed by the end but if course not to that degree everyone wanted. This is only natural. He is still ambitious and wants to get to the top but with the difference that is not to any expense. He even left the hospital where he always wanted to reach its highest position. The changes in his personality is just happening gradually. Therefore for such a character you don't expect him to run after the girl he likes to beg her to stay with him. To be honest, I was happy for him to realise that his happiness is not complete without his loved ones. For me this was enough.
As for JH coming back to him and not him going after her, well, it's because she loves him more than he loves her. He still needs to learn how to love someone properly. That's why she took the first step herself. in addition that they did not show if she stayed or left by the end. she was only present at his big day to show that he matters to her regardless.
And I just came to realise that I don't like too happy ending. I like it happy but realistic.

@Neilet
I think you will get more answers to your question if you ask in Kdrama recommendation thread. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Issy on Feb 23rd, '12, 23:42, edited 2 times in total.

Viande

Post by Viande » Feb 23rd, '12, 23:32

Or read previous page, I did recommend some.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 24th, '12, 05:41

@nellets for a guy i would heartily recommend history of the salaryman. it is kind of off the wall and insane but funny as hell. it is not soap operish or too mushy. it has everything and the main character or first main character is male. it is also smart with good directing and acting.Harvest villa is good too. If not that i would second padam padam and maybe vampire prosecutor although some guys may be put off with the guyliner.

had worst cold ever. you know it's bad when you can't even watch a k-drama. finishing what's up and padam padam tonight. jeez im behind.
Last edited by jubies33 on Feb 24th, '12, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Feb 24th, '12, 06:43

Ethlenn wrote:
Shindou wrote:Thinking of watching Heartstrings
If you like plotless candy wooden dramas, then go ahead.
Any recommendations in that case? I've reviewed some stuff I've already seen here: http://shindou2006.blogspot.com so wouldn't mind taking some recommendations

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 24th, '12, 09:13

People, this is NOT a recommendation thread.

Ask here for recs, please

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 25th, '12, 00:52

May I make a statement...

From the summit of Pen-y-Fal...

March 1st will be St. David's Day. Patron Saint of Wales.

Plant or buy Daffodils or even Leeks which were his favourite.

Thank you.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 25th, '12, 03:08

ummm......that was random. watching ep 14 of wild romance and cannot stop laughing at the scene where
dong ah and stick up his butt guy (love him but can never remember his name) are talking about sexual fantasies. i think i have a girl crush on dong ah... one of the best female characters ever.... and the scene where retard catches the cat.....kiss........rejected!!! mwahahaha!!!!!

good thing too cause i was losing interest

gonna try to finish padam padam tonight :wub: and polish off a bottle of wine and some chocolate. so much for my diet. why do i even try?

i can resist everything but temptation- Oscar Wilde

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 25th, '12, 18:28

still slowly making my way through Padam Padam, I'm just curious does Ji Na's father die I really really want him to die in the most horrible way possible

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 25th, '12, 21:18

Sajen16 wrote: does Ji Na's father die I really really want him to die in the most horrible way possible
No, and you definitely missing the point of this drama.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 26th, '12, 06:39

Love Story in Harvard- I like it more than I thought I would, I don't suppose there's any chance she'll choose Alex over Hyun Woo, I hope so as I like both the character and actor better

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Feb 26th, '12, 14:31

Sajen16 wrote:Love Story in Harvard- I like it more than I thought I would, I don't suppose there's any chance she'll choose Alex over Hyun Woo, I hope so as I like both the character and actor better
It's one of my fav dramas but may be because it's one of the first dramas that I watched !

Ive finished watching Wild Romance and I did really enjoy that drama except for the first episodes,it reminded me how much I like LDW ! :wub: I didn't find it a rom-com but a very dark drama one that's what I liked about it and the stories it's like 6 in 1 drama :D

+ Dr champ I am at ep 04 now!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 26th, '12, 15:15

Just finished Wild Romance. Back to Road Number One again. Watching 14th episode right now. The drama is not that sad or depressing, it's just quite heavy. Not something to watch when you're sick, but since now I am ok, I enjoy it quite a lot.

I don't know how it happened but I have quite a lot of dramas to watch. I have downloaded Comrades, La Dolce Vita, Exhibition of Fireworks and Hong Gil Dong(which I will probably delete now).

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 26th, '12, 17:55

Bachelor's Vegetable Store- on episode 4 and so far I like it but once Tae Yang learns Mok Ga On's name won't he know who she really is or at least that she's not Mok Ga On

does anyone else find that song in the opening incredibly annoying?
Last edited by Sajen16 on Feb 27th, '12, 05:47, edited 1 time in total.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Feb 26th, '12, 18:14

Watching Harvest Villa ...so far till ep 10 its really good :)

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Feb 26th, '12, 18:18

Neliets wrote: Exhibition of Fireworks .
:-( lol, i really tried to finish that one but when i got past the middle point i just lost the little interest i had, there's one hell of a ridiculous plot near the end :lol

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Feb 26th, '12, 18:25

Finished Wild Romance, the Drama was great, felt like a breathe of fresh air, was a big surprise and I recommend it. :)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 27th, '12, 16:43

Finishing the last episode of Road Number One. Drama is good, very well written and all but it's very heavy. It's not a tearjerker(at least I don't feel like that) but it's heavy.

And I will start La Dolce Vita a.k.a Bittersweet Life.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 27th, '12, 17:14

just finished Padam Padam have to it was a wild ride twisted and turned me more than any other drama I've seen, probably why I've been moodier than normal lately, Kang Chil and Ji Na were so cute together and Jung Wo Sung and Han Ji Min had such great chemistry together they should date for real

still watching Love Story in Harvard, and Bachelor's Vegetable Store,

just started Resurrection
Last edited by Sajen16 on Feb 27th, '12, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 27th, '12, 17:20

Is Bachelor worth watching? :whistling:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 27th, '12, 17:44

that depends me I like to give everything a chance even if no one else likes it so in that sense yes also I find it entertaining despite not having anyone I'm really familiar with in it I saw Wang Ji Hye in Personal Taste but that's it and the guy who played Ji Na's father in Padam Padam has either a minor or cameo role I'm not sure yet as I'm only 4 episodes in, but is it the best or most original drama I've ever seen, no but I like it so I'd say it's worth it yes

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Feb 28th, '12, 03:00

Finished watching "Golden Era of Daughter in Law". Again one of these dramas, where the main couple is less interesting, than the other couple. But this drama has a personality disorder. While all of the the couple-stories have one maintopic (marriage and the life as inlaw a.s.o) 2 of the 3 couples are on the slice-of-life and romcom side(disapproving parents, daughter in law without a plan, overall on the funny side) while the story of the 3 couple is relatively dark and it doesn't fit (mistreating of the daughter in law, affair, miscarriage, overall very dark and gloomy).

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 28th, '12, 19:57

Finished watching Harvest Villa last night. It was a good drama full of twists and turns and excitements. But have to admit that I kind of got angry and annoyed at how many times evil people got away with murder as it was no way out or escape from them. But over, it was very good drama. And SHK had a totally different character from Brain and this was very refreshing for me.

Now, I will start on History of Salaryman. I read so many praises from friends about it so hopefully I'll like it too.
And want to watch I need a Fairy because I have been waiting for it for weeks. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 28th, '12, 20:05

Yes, certain Cha In Pyo, eh? Sitcom, over 100 episodes, you'll be happy^^

I think I'll finish Thorn Birds.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 28th, '12, 20:13

Ethlenn wrote:Yes, certain Cha In Pyo, eh? Sitcom, over 100 episodes, you'll be happy^^

I think I'll finish Thorn Birds.
:O What???? Over 100eps??? Did not know it. But still, it has certain Cha In Pyo :P

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 28th, '12, 20:20

Neliets
La Dolce Vita is really worth watching. I thought it was great and except for a couple of 'fanciful sightings' at the end I loved it all. Great acting and the cast was so good. I would watch this one again anytime.

I thought Lee Dong Wook showed a rare talent for drama here but I hope he will be careful choosing parts in the future. He could be sidetracked now he is out of the military and wants to get back to work.