9%
STAY AWAY (1)
No votes

Total votes: 46

2triky

[Discussion] Engine

Post by 2triky » Mar 18th, '05, 19:25

an excerpted blurb from the japan-zone website:

"The first PR event for the eagerly awaited new TV drama series starring heart throb Kimura Takuya (32) was held this week. "Engine," the story of a racing driver and kids in an institution for the handicapped, will air on the Fuji TV network in the "golden time" of 9pm on Mondays. The heroine role will be played by Koyuki (28). "

*poll added by xiaryx.

ookamiki

Post by ookamiki » Mar 19th, '05, 19:30

wonderful !!! they are my favourite japonese actors !!!!

2triky

Post by 2triky » Mar 19th, '05, 19:36

ookamiki wrote:wonderful !!! they are my favourite japonese actors !!!!

I enjoy both actors as well...there is a more lively discussion of this upcoming drama at
jdorama.com; click on the link below if you are interested. :-)

http://jdorama.com/viewtopic.6468.0.htm

dmorgan

Post by dmorgan » Mar 20th, '05, 23:31

This should be interesting. Has any fan sub group announced doing this one yet? jtv has the most KimuTaku. :D

Takez0
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Takez0 » Mar 20th, '05, 23:37

Usually KimuTaku dramas ended up being subbed one way or another

*cross fingers*

2triky

Post by 2triky » Mar 21st, '05, 02:54

Takez0 wrote:Usually KimuTaku dramas ended up being subbed one way or another

*cross fingers*
truly...but maybe cuz that dude is in almost every drama...or so it seems, ne? :lol
i, too, would love to see this subbed so that i could enjoy it as well.

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Mar 21st, '05, 06:55

Yay! I can't wait to see this drama. Kimura/Koyuki are my favorite actors/actresses.

groink

Post by groink » Mar 21st, '05, 07:05

2triky wrote:truly...but maybe cuz that dude is in almost every drama...or so it seems, ne? :lol
Someone should port the Six Degrees of Kimura Takuya game to D-Addicts... It was quite popular for a period of time at JDorama.com.

--- groink

dmorgan

Post by dmorgan » Mar 22nd, '05, 03:56

groink wrote: Someone should port the Six Degrees of Kimura Takuya game to D-Addicts... It was quite popular for a period of time at JDorama.com.

--- groink
Ha, ha! :lol
Six Degrees of Kimura Takuya. I was joking around about a Six Degrees of Oda Yuji, but Kimura Takuya might be better!
I'll have to go look for that thread. :P

sosushi2

Post by sosushi2 » Mar 22nd, '05, 04:35

Has anyone heard when this will begin airring? Very anxious to see it! Hoping that English subs will be added soon after (fingers crossed).

llljulll

Post by llljulll » Apr 9th, '05, 11:37

I just saw the advertisement on one wall today, starts on 4/18 (at 9:00pm) while walking to shiodome near a tv channel.
Damn it forgot to take a picture, maybe next week I will take another train and take a snap to post it here :lol

hope to get a tv capture card by that day :P

roaceica

epi 1 out already in bt

Post by roaceica » Apr 22nd, '05, 21:34

hi everyone!!! :D

episode 1 is out already in d-addicts. i hope episode 2 will come out soon!!!

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Apr 22nd, '05, 21:38

groink wrote:
2triky wrote:truly...but maybe cuz that dude is in almost every drama...or so it seems, ne? :lol
Someone should port the Six Degrees of Kimura Takuya game to D-Addicts... It was quite popular for a period of time at JDorama.com.

--- groink
"Six Degrees of Kimura Takuya"? hmms...guess i would have to go over to JDorama to find out what's that about. :lol

KimuTaku-san.....greato! :thumright:

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Apr 22nd, '05, 21:53

lilswtangel wrote:
groink wrote:
--- groink
"Six Degrees of Kimura Takuya"? hmms...guess i would have to go over to JDorama to find out what's that about. :lol
KimuTaku-san.....greato! :thumright:
Someone brought the game over here to D-addicts. :-)

tyn

Post by tyn » May 18th, '05, 07:41

OOOO I sooo like this series!!! Was happy to see a thread here, which linking it to another great forum.
haha can't wait to see in what way this series will be racing to... hehe kids are fun.
So, no spoilers ahead? :P

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » May 19th, '05, 18:04

Does anyone know where can I find a list down of the the actor and actresses and the character they played in this Engine?

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » May 19th, '05, 20:06

Look at the new Japanese Spring 2004 Series thread started by Okumasama. It's also under Japanese Entertainment. (it's posted as a sticky)

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » May 21st, '05, 15:27

donna8157 wrote:Look at the new Japanese Spring 2004 Series thread started by Okumasama. It's also under Japanese Entertainment. (it's posted as a sticky)
His lists doesn't include Misae. So do anyone what her real name and what other dramas she has acted in? THanks.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 21st, '05, 17:01

TIticamara wrote:His lists doesn't include Misae. So do anyone what her real name and what other dramas she has acted in? THanks.
The actress is Ueno Juri. Not sure what other dramas she has been in, but she was in the movie Swing Girls.

KazuKei

Post by KazuKei » May 21st, '05, 17:04

I can't download all files. WHY???

My com show message "can't connect tracker(10060)"

wachi

Post by wachi » May 22nd, '05, 00:46

mizune wrote:
TIticamara wrote:His lists doesn't include Misae. So do anyone what her real name and what other dramas she has acted in? THanks.
The actress is Ueno Juri. Not sure what other dramas she has been in, but she was in the movie Swing Girls.

:O that's her? i knew she looks familiar, but i couldn't remember who she was.
she kinda reminds me of Kim Ha Neul and a bit of Ha Ji Won sometimes.. a younger version. i love her in Swing Girls.
she's also in Orange Days, if i'm not mistaken.

theGreat0ne

Post by theGreat0ne » May 23rd, '05, 20:41

KazuKei wrote:I can't download all files. WHY???

My com show message "can't connect tracker(10060)"
use bitcomet. sometimes your ip # isnt being read. go to yahoo. type bitcomet. and download it. works fine for me.

Hero

Engine ep11 discussion

Post by Hero » Jun 28th, '05, 01:13

thought i'd make a thread for us to discuss the last ep of Engine and the series on a whole...
Ep11 shud hopefully be on d-addicts any moment...

supi-san

Post by supi-san » Jun 28th, '05, 03:07

I am waiting for the last lap too
it must be great
:pray:

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Jun 29th, '05, 11:34

Wow, the last lap wasn't really what I expected it to be, but definitely very touching and memorable. I thought that some of the scenes between Koyuki and Kimura were pretty cute. Especially the kiss at the end when he made the kids count from 1-10 and close their eyes. :D

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jul 2nd, '05, 05:52

Okay, I'm not reading that^^ post, hehe...when I read "last" I immediately averted my eyes and scrolled down...

Anyway, I love this drama, one of Kimutaku's best series...
It makes me tear up towards the end of every episode.
And Takuya is SO funny here!! And Koyuki--my fave j-actress :wub:
I've marathon ep1-8 in two days.
It feels good... coz lately I'm stuck with ep1 or 2 in kdramas...

:offtopic:
I'm trying to get away from kdramas at the moment(they "problemize" too much on their love lives)...not often that I stumble upon good kdramas
Jdramas feel so homey! warm and fuzzy...

myke

Post by myke » Nov 12th, '05, 08:20

Yoo..
This drama is cool man.
my favourate actor kimura takuya...
the actress...
i done..
who is she? :lol

ermac

Post by ermac » Nov 28th, '05, 03:16

I like this drama very much.. :cheers:
I just downloaded it a couple week ago..
very enjoy every lap of this drama..
myke wrote:the actress...
i done..
who is she? :lol
She is Koyuki !
One one of my favourite actress.. :thumleft:

flcia

Post by flcia » Jan 14th, '06, 17:18

jaycee05 wrote:
:offtopic:
I'm trying to get away from kdramas at the moment(they "problemize" too much on their love lives)...not often that I stumble upon good kdramas
Jdramas feel so homey! warm and fuzzy...
yeah i totally agree...im tryin 2 get away from kdramas as well...lol...they r too tragic...

so anyway i juz finished watchin this...wat happened at the end???!!! :blink :unsure: :blink
i mean literally, wat happened? like i hav no idea wat jiro (kimutaku) is doing and whether hez lk still racing or wat?

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Mar 15th, '06, 02:29

DAMN.. I thought this drama was doing to be ok, oh boy was I wrong.. ITS NICE FOR A CHANGE TO GET AWAY FROM KDRAMAS WHICH ARE SOO PREDICTABLE (BUT STILL GOOD) ANYWAY THIS DRAMA ID DEFENITELY ON MY TOP 5 FAV DRAMAS. ...
A MUST SEEE TOTALLLLY AWSOME... SEE IT!!! :thumleft:

XOXO GUCCIJANA

zindaka

Post by zindaka » Aug 14th, '06, 22:05

hey, i just finished this drama in 2 days. absolutely one of my favorite dramas. It is something different from what i usually watch, not much romance, and more comedy. Something similiar to GTO. The only thing i disliked was the ending
i hated how all the kids grew up and most moved =[, i wished everyone came back together. Not sure if this is considered a happy ending in my book
:goggle:

anyways, i've been watching alot of romance dramas lately. I would like to watch something more of action/comedy like kurosagi, engine, and Attention please, can any of you guys recommend me any new dramas out there that is subbed?

thanks~

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » Apr 16th, '07, 09:14

nice drama! I love jiroh! :P Very heartwarming and I was touched by the way Jiroh almost gave up his career for the Orphanage. :D

gglibertine

Post by gglibertine » Jul 22nd, '07, 20:59

I watched all of Engine in a 24-hour period. I think it's the best J-Drama I've seen so far -- the acting was so good, and the plot was really believable. (One of the things I like about J-Drama is that the plots are sometimes so completely over the top, but it was great to see one that never made me think, "that would NEVER actually happen!")

Am I the only one who couldn't watch it without crying? I cried at least once during every episode, and I'm not usually prone to that sort of thing. My heart was just breaking for Jiro through the whole series!

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Aug 3rd, '07, 21:21

I watched this recently too, and was incredibly impressed with Kimutaku's acting. The children's acting were fabulous too. Kimutaku's character was too hilarious. He really pulled it off with that carefree character... :)

Definitely recommended for some easy watching.

goongluver16

Post by goongluver16 » Aug 3rd, '07, 21:30

Is this a good drama? I have it but i haven't watched it yet

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Jan 2nd, '08, 15:13

I've watched this drama months ago...
But I have to say:
this is one of my fav japanese dramas!
I really loved it, specially because it has Kimutaku and also because I'm a big fan of motorsport. Although there isn't much of motosport and romance in this drama, I thought it was very nice and touching drama and as always, Kimutaku's acting is great! :)
I recommend everyone to watch it. :thumright:

shuurei

Post by shuurei » Jan 2nd, '08, 15:26

I'm almost through watching it. I love the story and Kimutaku as well... Some of the kids are now big-name stars

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 12th, '08, 00:48

This is probably one of the best Dorama's I've seen! I dunno why I liked it so much it was a feel good dorama which I just couldn't stop watching I actually put it on one night and watched it til 5 in the morning when sleep got the better of me :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: it was that good I actually wanted to watch the next episode....Unlike now where I find it difficult to plod through dorama's :-(

Kimura was :thumleft: and so were the rest of the cast....not exactly a life altering dorama but what the heck I really liked its charm so thats what I voted :D