RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
amoozboosh

Post by amoozboosh » Feb 21st, '12, 06:16

DEFINITELY "secret garden" is a must watch. Getting hooked is guaranteed for a person who enjoys romantic drama/comedy/melodrama. (9.5/10)
External Link:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Secret_Garden
Coffee Prince - It was a cute show with the right amount of comedy thrown in.
External Link: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_1st_Shop_of_Coffee_Prince

mudav

Post by mudav » Feb 21st, '12, 06:32

If we are talking just about getting hooked I'd suggest:
Queen Seon Duk
What Happened in Bali
Coffee Prince
Thank You
Lovers
Hello, My Teacher
You're Beautiful
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Prosecutor Princess

If you are looking for something similar to Boys Over Flowers I'd suggest
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
You're Beautiful
maybe Coffee Prince
They are somehow alike in a mood))))

mudav

Post by mudav » Feb 21st, '12, 06:33

If you are not limited to korean dramas, try taiwanese Why Why Love it'll get you hooked in a instant :-D

AsianDramazzz9

Post by AsianDramazzz9 » Feb 21st, '12, 06:43

amoozboosh wrote:DEFINITELY "secret garden" is a must watch. Getting hooked is guaranteed for a person who enjoys romantic drama/comedy/melodrama. (9.5/10)
External Link:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Secret_Garden
Coffee Prince - It was a cute show with the right amount of comedy thrown in.
External Link: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_1st_Shop_of_Coffee_Prince
I'll def. put coffee prince on my list! i keep seeing it everywhere lol
ImL0st wrote:How about "You're Beautiful" or "Secret Garden?"
You're beautiful it was good, it would've been better but i didn't like the go mi nam character so it made it a bit hard to watch.

I'm on episode 3 of SG, so far it's not as good as i expected...i'll keep watching though :)

thanks!
mudav wrote:If we are talking just about getting hooked I'd suggest:
Queen Seon Duk
What Happened in Bali
Coffee Prince
Thank You
Lovers
Hello, My Teacher
You're Beautiful
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Prosecutor Princess

If you are looking for something similar to Boys Over Flowers I'd suggest
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
You're Beautiful
maybe Coffee Prince
They are somehow alike in a mood))))
I keep seeing that! i'll definitely have to check it out. Have you seen Dae Jang Geum?

mudav wrote:If you are not limited to korean dramas, try taiwanese Why Why Love it'll get you hooked in a instant :-D
I searched it up, it has the exact same leads as devil beside you lol hmmm that's kind of a turn off. are you sure i won't regret it? :cry:

AsianDramazzz9

Post by AsianDramazzz9 » Feb 21st, '12, 06:47

are dae jang geum and memories in bali really that good?

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Feb 21st, '12, 08:19

Yeah, there're not any as good as it used to be. The ones that're supposed to be "good" are just "so so" to me. I'm about to give up watching K-dramas now :-)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Feb 21st, '12, 08:20

Hey Mike He and Rainie are the best. If you say something different, i'll hunt you down :D
But imho is Why Why Love and Devil beside me(even though all the people say something different) the worst of the Rainie-dramas.But overall, if you want to try TW-dramas, you can't do anything wrong, if you watch one of the dramas with Rainie, Mike He(OK there are exceptions), Ming Dao or Joey Chen.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Feb 21st, '12, 08:26

chikha wrote: Is Brain a very good drama? How about Hello, my Teacher? I want to download again another K-drama so that when I finish watching Thank You, I will have something to watch again.
I haven't watched Brain, but i sampled it. It's definitly on my "to watch" list. Hello My Teacher is definitely worth watching. I love the "Singing in the rain"-scene.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 21st, '12, 09:43

chikha wrote:Is Brain a very good drama?
It IS very addictive and good drama. I finished watching it a week ago and as I wrote in previous page and other thread, it has become one of my most beloved kdrama of 2011-2012. but have to say, I do love and watch medical dramas anyway and Brain is very medical one. SHK and JJY acting in there are superb.

AsianDramazzz9

Post by AsianDramazzz9 » Feb 21st, '12, 17:43

ImL0st wrote:Yeah, there're not any as good as it used to be. The ones that're supposed to be "good" are just "so so" to me. I'm about to give up watching K-dramas now :-)
you don't wanna do that lol

Have you seen these?

Ojakgyo brothers
Lie to me
Protect the boss
City Hunter
Flower boy ramyun shop

amoozboosh

Post by amoozboosh » Feb 22nd, '12, 05:49

AsianDramazzz9 wrote: I'm on episode 3 of SG, so far it's not as good as i expected...i'll keep watching though :)
I started off that way too, but by the end of it I was this way :wub: (LOL)

chikha

Post by chikha » Feb 22nd, '12, 09:02

Ok thanks Issy and Silverman I am going to watch Brain then Hello, my teacher after I am done watching Thank You. I am in episode 13 now. It is so good that I don't want to finish it yet. This Kdrama really made me cry a bucket.

chikha

Post by chikha » Feb 22nd, '12, 14:56

Is Damo also worth watching? Is the story good if you disregard the ending?

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 22nd, '12, 17:14

chikha wrote:Is Damo also worth watching? Is the story good if you disregard the ending?
ummm, it depends which side you are liking. I was really in love with it when I was watching but at the same time kept me seriously angry too. I was emotionally drained by the end though!

chikha

Post by chikha » Feb 23rd, '12, 02:59

Ok thanks. I am downloading brain now I am curious to watch this drama :-)

chikha

Post by chikha » Feb 24th, '12, 07:56

Sorry for Off topic but do you have sites where I can download Korean Dramas using wupload or mediafire? The site that I am using now is down, I just downloaded first 5 episodes of brain and where can I also find the english subtile for brain I can't find it on with s2

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 24th, '12, 09:24

It vexes me when people ask for alternative sites to download damn fresh drama that HAS seeds here. I even uploaded bloody batch! So why everyone uses DA anyway?

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Feb 24th, '12, 10:39

Ethlenn wrote:It vexes me when people ask for alternative sites to download damn fresh drama that HAS seeds here. I even uploaded bloody batch! So why everyone uses DA anyway?
I get your point. Yet for a long time I downloaded from other sites too, but it was because my new net connection provider didn't support torrent. But now that megaupload has been shut down, I changed it back to my old connection - it is slower, but it supports torrent. Never know the other person's reasons. Even though I feel it's a little bit unappropriate to ask other sites in this topic...

chikha

Post by chikha » Feb 24th, '12, 10:53

Ah ok. Sorry If I offended the moderator here. I just visit this site to ask for recommendations about korean dramas and to share common interest with people here who loves K-dramas too. I don't know that I can also download it here because I am not really that active on this site. If I knew then I wouldn't have asked that question in the first place.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 24th, '12, 10:57

DA is an open place, everyone can download, no points, no activity level, no password. It's an open torrent.
You didn't offended me personally, don't worry. I'm hard to offend.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 24th, '12, 11:35

I am dling Brain HANrel batch right now and it's active. So you will get them dled in short time hopefully 8)

WinnythePanda

Post by WinnythePanda » Feb 26th, '12, 01:47

Hey everyone!
Has anyone watched the entirety of Ojakgyo Brothers? I've just started episode 3 and I'm finding it quite hard to get into....

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Feb 26th, '12, 14:42

Hi everyone!Just joined the forum :lol

Hmm looking for kdrama recommendation.Juz finished watching

1.Secret Garden
2.Fugitive Plan B
3.City Hunter
4.Save The Last Dance For Me
5.Sungkyunkwan Scandal
6.Lie To Me
7.Personal Taste

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 26th, '12, 15:08

kenshihimura wrote:Hi everyone!Just joined the forum :lol

Hmm looking for kdrama recommendation.Juz finished watching

1.Secret Garden
2.Fugitive Plan B
3.City Hunter
4.Save The Last Dance For Me
5.Sungkyunkwan Scandal
6.Lie To Me
7.Personal Taste
And what are you looking for? ahh, it really doesn't matter. I'll give you one of the best dramas(most addictive ones) and you just watch them. No matter what genre you may like, these ones are just... too good to ignore.

Bad Guy, The Devil, A Love To Kill, Resurrection, Chuno, Que Sera Sera, Sorry I Love You, That Fool.

That should be enough for now. Pick one. Those are must-see dramas.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Feb 26th, '12, 18:27

Can someone tell me, what "History of a Salesman" is all about? Is it a thriller drama? Action? Comedy?...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 26th, '12, 18:31

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:Can someone tell me, what "History of a Salesman" is all about? Is it a thriller drama? Action? Comedy?...
It has all of it. Highly recommended. Waiting for ep 17 on the edge of sanity^^

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 26th, '12, 19:28

you ain't the only one Ethlenn. I need ep 17 now!!!!! :crazy:

finished padam padam and what's up and not sure what to watch next. Any recs? I will watch anything that's good but here is what i have enjoyed recently.

History of the salaryman
padam padam
what's up?
flower boy ramyun shop
wild romance(somewhat)
family's honor
harvest villa
vampire prosecutor
chuno

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Feb 26th, '12, 21:24

Thanks for your infos. Maybe I'll give the Salaryman a ry in the future.

@jubies33 I recommend "Wild Romance", it starts a little bit slow, but gains momentum quite quickly. Also, it doesn't contrain too many Kdrama stereotypes. I was really surprised by it and liked it a lot. :)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 26th, '12, 22:07

jubies33 wrote:you ain't the only one Ethlenn. I need ep 17 now!!!!! :crazy:

finished padam padam and what's up and not sure what to watch next. Any recs? I will watch anything that's good but here is what i have enjoyed recently.

History of the salaryman
padam padam
what's up?
flower boy ramyun shop
wild romance(somewhat)
family's honor
harvest villa
vampire prosecutor
chuno
Bad Guy, The Devil, A Love To Kill, Resurrection, Chuno, Que Sera Sera, Sorry I Love You, That Fool.
If you haven't seen any of these, then watch it.

chikha

Post by chikha » Feb 27th, '12, 03:48

Issy wrote:I am dling Brain HANrel batch right now and it's active. So you will get them dled in short time hopefully 8)
I just started watching Brain and I already like the first 2 episodes. I will watch now episode 3 :D

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Feb 27th, '12, 07:44

Neliets wrote: And what are you looking for? ahh, it really doesn't matter. I'll give you one of the best dramas(most addictive ones) and you just watch them. No matter what genre you may like, these ones are just... too good to ignore.

Really?Hmm..any other recommendations?I am more to comedy romance ^^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 27th, '12, 09:42

kenshihimura wrote:
Neliets wrote: And what are you looking for? ahh, it really doesn't matter. I'll give you one of the best dramas(most addictive ones) and you just watch them. No matter what genre you may like, these ones are just... too good to ignore.

I'll tell you a secret - it's a very rare case when rom-com is really good one. Very rare case. And I do not know any human being who has regretted that he/she watched any of these(opinions do sometimes split in case of A Love To Kill, because of the last few episodes).

And That Fool IS A ROMCOM. And very good one. There are few good that recently aired but I recommend you to wait them to be subbed by a decent sub group with quality. I assume you don't understand Korean.

Not sure why you don't trust me... Do I look that untrustful?

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Feb 27th, '12, 09:44

kenshihimura wrote:

ummm...You're Beautiful, Soulmate, My Girl...my brain is blanking lol. Coffee Prince?

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Feb 27th, '12, 09:46

Neliets wrote:
kenshihimura wrote:

I'll tell you a secret - it's a very rare case when rom-com is really good one. Very rare case. And I do not know any human being who has regretted that he/she watched any of these(opinions do sometimes split in case of A Love To Kill, because of the last few episodes).

And That Fool IS A ROMCOM. And very good one. There are few good that recently aired but I recommend you to wait them to be subbed by a decent sub group with quality. I assume you don't understand Korean.

No no, I trust u :lol Just looking for more recommendation haha coz when I read the synopsis,it doesnt sound like my cup of tea :lol

I think i will start with "That Fool"

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Feb 27th, '12, 09:47

moadeep wrote:
kenshihimura wrote:

ummm...You're Beautiful, Soulmate, My Girl...my brain is blanking lol. Coffee Prince?
You're beautiful...I dont like both the main character XD...My Girl and Coffee Prince I watch a bit with my sister,it's quite good but since I watch the ending already..dont feel like watching the whole thing XD

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 27th, '12, 09:55

kenshihimura wrote:
Neliets wrote:
kenshihimura wrote:

No no, I trust u :lol Just looking for more recommendation haha coz when I read the synopsis,it doesnt sound like my cup of tea :lol

I think i will start with "That Fool"
About cup of teas I can tell you a story from my experience.

At the very beginning(fey years ago) I was only searching for dramas with teen/early 20's main leads. Later, I started to watch rom-coms in general. And I purposely didn't watch any of those 'sad' dramas. Until one day, when I watched one. And then I watched.. umm.. almost everyone of them. All that time I knew what I didn't want to watch - period dramas(history). Nop, those got me in, too, when I watched a good one.

What I wanted to say with all this crazy crap I just wrote is that you shouldn't concentrate on just one genre, you should ask us - "give me a drama that will make me addicted to it". That's what I do these days and... yeah... it works. But sadly I've watched almost every addictive drama possible, so I have problem there.

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Feb 27th, '12, 09:56

Yea..I tot I dont like periodic kdrama but Sungkyunkwan Scandal was nice :lol

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 27th, '12, 09:59

kenshihimura wrote:Yea..I tot I dont like periodic kdrama but Sungkyunkwan Scandal was nice :lol
SKKS is still no match for Chuno. :wub:

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Feb 27th, '12, 10:00

Neliets wrote:
kenshihimura wrote:Yea..I tot I dont like periodic kdrama but Sungkyunkwan Scandal was nice :lol
I knew Chuno is famous but it's not a comedy romance right?I think I'm gonna watch few episodes of Chuno to see whether I like it anot :lol

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 27th, '12, 10:02

kenshihimura wrote:
Neliets wrote:
I knew Chuno is famous but it's not a comedy romance right?I think I'm gonna watch few episodes of Chuno to see whether I like it anot :lol
But start right from beginning. It's not really a romcom, but there are quite a few moments(Especially in the beginning) where you can have a good laugh, too. And there are no moments that are like awkward or illogical unlike romcoms.

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Feb 27th, '12, 10:03

Wow I really got a lot of nice recommendations here!Thanks!

Now gonna find a good direct download site :lol

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 27th, '12, 10:14

kenshihimura wrote:Wow I really got a lot of nice recommendations here!Thanks!

Very hard to find one, because Megaupload closed down and few other sites are basically useless. Better use torrents. If here at d-addicts there are no seeds for the drama, then send me a private message, I'll see what I can do.

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Feb 27th, '12, 10:20

kenshihimura wrote:
moadeep wrote:
kenshihimura wrote:
You're beautiful...I dont like both the main character XD...My Girl and Coffee Prince I watch a bit with my sister,it's quite good but since I watch the ending already..dont feel like watching the whole thing XD
:lol fair enough. I've been watching stuff like Secret Investigation Record (aka joseon xfiles) and Vampire Prosecutor lately, so I probably wasn't the best to give suggestions in the first place. ;)

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Feb 27th, '12, 10:21

Neliets wrote:

Very hard to find one, because Megaupload closed down and few other sites are basically useless. Better use torrents. If here at d-addicts there are no seeds for the drama, then send me a private message, I'll see what I can do.
Cant use torrents here coz I am sharing the connection line with other house mates :lol If I torrent,they will feel lag during gaming XD

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 27th, '12, 10:27

kenshihimura wrote:
Neliets wrote:

Cant use torrents here coz I am sharing the connection line with other house mates :lol If I torrent,they will feel lag during gaming XD
You can easily limit the speed you want to download/upload. If they are gaiming, then the most important this is to cut upload speed(just put upload speed 1 kb/s) and download - as high as you are allowed. Most important thing is to limit upload speed in this case.

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Feb 27th, '12, 10:40

Ahhh..I see.Any good site to download?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 27th, '12, 10:56

kenshihimura wrote:Ahhh..I see.Any good site to download?
Here at d-addicts, click on the title "DRAMAS". Or http://www.asiatorrents.com/ (not sure if it's open for registration now) and there are few more which I can't recall right now.

But there is a possibility to watch dramas online, too. That may work out for you.
For example, here - http://www.dramacrazy.net/

Watching online doesn't work for me, because I have 23 inch monitor and.. yeah... the quality of online video isn't... how should I say... that good? :mrgreen:

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Feb 27th, '12, 14:36

Ah...I found a good direct download site..but the quality is so-so (around 600-700 MB for "That Fool")

Anyhow it's watch able.

It's here at http://www.asiancinematic.com/

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Feb 29th, '12, 22:05

I'm looking for dramas with amnesia. I've seen one, but i can't remember the name if the drama^^.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 29th, '12, 22:25

BOF?
:rofl: :rofl:

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Feb 29th, '12, 22:25

Silverman wrote:I'm looking for dramas with amnesia. I've seen one, but i can't remember the name if the drama^^.
Winter Sonata, Save the last dance for me. I know i watched more but can't recall the name atm.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 29th, '12, 22:31

Silverman wrote:I'm looking for dramas with amnesia. I've seen one, but i can't remember the name if the drama^^.
Save the Last Dance For me. With Ji Sung & Eugene 8)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 1st, '12, 11:59

Ethlenn wrote:BOF?
:rofl: :rofl:
Well it's a drama, which has connectons with amnesia. It's one of the dramas, where i wish, that i would have amnesia, so i could forget watching it (i don't know why i hate it, because i like the mainlead-actors)
Orange_Guy wrote:
Winter Sonata, Save the last dance for me. I know i watched more but can't recall the name atm.
Ah yes, winter sonata is the one i watched.

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 2nd, '12, 20:37

I tried posting in the gen discussion thread, but didn't get a response, so I'm reposting this in the individual versions ;)
I've got a lot of stressful stuff going on right now and I need fluff! I need feel good fluffy dramas, but ones that don't have me headdesking with plot holes. Help me pretty pretty please!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 2nd, '12, 20:51

moadeep wrote:I tried posting in the gen discussion thread, but didn't get a response, so I'm reposting this in the individual versions ;)
I've got a lot of stressful stuff going on right now and I need fluff! I need feel good fluffy dramas, but ones that don't have me headdesking with plot holes. Help me pretty pretty please!
That Fool - a good romcom. And I think there weren't any illogical moments.
Wild Romance - would be a good fluff, too.
My Girlfiend Is A Gumiho - this should really lift your spirit.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 2nd, '12, 21:09

Protect the Boss - a good fluff.

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 2nd, '12, 21:12

Watching Wild romance and have watched Gumiho and PtB :). That Fool, however, was a new one and looks *perfect* :D
Also, those are exactly the type of shows I am looking for :) Thank you! :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 2nd, '12, 21:16

Partner has also some light moments and is not heavy in overall. I recommend also Evasive Inquiry Agency - it's a laughfest.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 2nd, '12, 21:43

Ethlenn wrote:Partner has also some light moments and is not heavy in overall. I recommend also Evasive Inquiry Agency - it's a laughfest.
Do you have Evasive Inquiry Agency downloaded by any chance? I can't seem to find a batch torrent(or any torrent for that matter) with seeds. If you have it, could you upload it? I have been wanting to see it for quite some time, actually.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 2nd, '12, 21:49

Yes for "Partner" or may be "The woman who still wants to marry,"Last scandal"...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 2nd, '12, 21:55

Sham26 wrote:Yes for "Partner" or may be "The woman who still wants to marry,"Last scandal"...
B*tch, don't mention "Woman who..." around me. Just don't... don't... if you care about my sanity. Don't. :wub:

Anyway: Evasive was once on Clubbox. I may upload it one day when my HD will have more than 8Gb of free space.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 2nd, '12, 22:05

Ethlenn wrote: B*tch, don't mention "Woman who..." around me. Just don't... don't... if you care about my sanity. Don't. :wub:
Oh forgive me , you know I care *cough*!
I ve read so many good review about Envasive but it still on my to-watch list : (

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 2nd, '12, 22:36

The Hong dramas in general are pure fluff (My GF is a Gumiho, You are beautiful, Fantasy Couple, The Greatest Love a.s.o.). Some of them have minor issues, but overall good ol' shallow romcoms.

Baby-faced Beauty
Bad Couple
City Hall
Coffee Prince
Dal Ja's Spring
Great Inheritance (different drama than SHINING Inheritance)
Hello my Teacher
Kid Gang
Merry Mary ( not to confuse with Marry Me Marry)
Oh My Lady
Personal Taste
Pick the Stars
Prosecutor Princess
Take care of Agasshi
Why Did you come to our House
30 Thousand Miles in Search of My Son
The Man Who cant get marries
Ms Kim's Million Dollar Quest

Some of them are not pure fluff, but overall fluffs^^.

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 2nd, '12, 22:58

Silverman wrote:The Hong dramas in general are pure fluff (My GF is a Gumiho, You are beautiful, Fantasy Couple, The Greatest Love a.s.o.). Some of them have minor issues, but overall good ol' shallow romcoms.

Baby-faced Beauty
Bad Couple
City Hall
Coffee Prince
Dal Ja's Spring
Great Inheritance (different drama than SHINING Inheritance)
Hello my Teacher
Kid Gang
Merry Mary ( not to confuse with Marry Me Marry)
Oh My Lady
Personal Taste
Pick the Stars
Prosecutor Princess
Take care of Agasshi
Why Did you come to our House
30 Thousand Miles in Search of My Son
The Man Who cant get marries
Ms Kim's Million Dollar Quest

Some of them are not pure fluff, but overall fluffs^^.
*>* :w00t:

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 3rd, '12, 04:50

Neliets wrote:Do you have Evasive Inquiry Agency downloaded by any chance? I can't seem to find a batch torrent(or any torrent for that matter) with seeds. If you have it, could you upload it? I have been wanting to see it for quite some time, actually.
It's checking the file right now, so the batch here should have at least me seeding soon.

Code Panda

Post by Code Panda » Mar 3rd, '12, 19:13

If you want to cry, try Secret Garden ( http://asianwiki.com/Secret_Garden_(SBS ... ean_Drama) )

Want action? Watch Fugitive Plan B
( http://asianwiki.com/The_Fugitive:_Plan_B )

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 4th, '12, 09:20

this seems like the best place for this so here it goes

I'm thinking about giving QUE SERA SERA a second chance the first time I tried it I was watching What Happened in Bali at the same time and well WHIB has Ha Ji Won, who I've said it before and I'll say it again is the best actress in Korea sure there are other great actresses Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Ha Neul, Bae Doo Na, and Soo Ae to name a few, so the first time I tried it I was distracted and so I was maybe unfair in my judgement, although I really don't care for Eric as an actor, so my question is is it worth giving it a second unclouded chance or not?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 4th, '12, 09:26

Sajen16 wrote:this seems like the best place for this so here it goes

I'm thinking about giving QUE SERA SERA a second chance the first time I tried it I was watching What Happened in Bali at the same time and well WHIB has Ha Ji Won, who I've said it before and I'll say it again is the best actress in Korea sure there are other great actresses Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Ha Neul, Bae Doo Na, and Soo Ae to name a few, so the first time I tried it I was distracted and so I was maybe unfair in my judgement, although I really don't care for Eric as an actor, so my question is is it worth giving it a second unclouded chance or not?
It is worth giving it a second chance. And, imho, it's bit hard to watch both these dramas at the same time. So give it another go.

sarashina_nikki

Post by sarashina_nikki » Mar 4th, '12, 14:21

Does anyone have any recommendations for kdramas that focus more on family relationships than romance? Especially ones dealing with families that don't have blood ties.

Recently I watched City Hunter, The Duo, and Padam Padam, all of which feature father-son relationships that aren't biological. While watching these dramas I found myself much more emotionally invested in the parent-child relationship than anything else, and towards the end I was mostly just fast forwarding through the romance plots to get back family drama. Are there other dramas with similar themes anyone could suggest that I might enjoy?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 4th, '12, 14:37

Invest time in long dramas: Family's Honor, New Tales of Gisaeng, Kimcheed Radish Cubes, East of Eden, Giant, A Thousand Kisses, etc. Or One Fine Day, Iljimae, What Star Are You Came From..
There is always something you are looking for.
can't think right now... mian...

BTW. you have some nice nick here. You read the diary?

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 4th, '12, 14:44

sarashina_nikki wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations for kdramas that focus more on family relationships than romance? Especially ones dealing with families that don't have blood ties.

Recently I watched City Hunter, The Duo, and Padam Padam, all of which feature father-son relationships that aren't biological. While watching these dramas I found myself much more emotionally invested in the parent-child relationship than anything else, and towards the end I was mostly just fast forwarding through the romance plots to get back family drama. Are there other dramas with similar themes anyone could suggest that I might enjoy?
May be "Can you hear my heart ?" or " Shining inheritance" ,"Woman in the sun"!Hope that can help!
Last edited by Sham26 on Mar 4th, '12, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 4th, '12, 15:09

@Neliets

thanks I guess I'll give it a second chance then

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 4th, '12, 15:38

Sajen16 wrote:@Neliets

Que sera sera, I didn't like it, it became so boring in the middle, nothing happened, just turning around the same point and hated how they made the second male lead that evil by the end !
If you want my opinion, don't waste your time and try another thing! Life is too short for a bad drama :-)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 4th, '12, 21:10

Sham26 wrote:
Sajen16 wrote:@Neliets

Que sera sera, I didn't like it, it became so boring in the middle, nothing happened, just turning around the same point and hated how they made the second male lead that evil by the end !
If you want my opinion, don't waste your time and try another thing! Life is too short for a bad drama :-)
A bad drama that shouldn't even be considered would be Playful Kiss or Mary Me Mary, BUT NOT QUE SERA SERA. It won't hurt to give it another try. And, Sham, life is long enough to watch many, many bad dramas... believe me. I have seen quite a few and,I have watched so many dramas that I have problems finding a new one. And yet I am still young. So yeah... life isn't as short as you may think.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 4th, '12, 21:43

Yet again, no fighting over personal preferences, no forcing anyone to our own taste.
And sadly, life is short, if you're under 20 you may say it's not, but truth strikes back after you're 30.