Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 2nd, '12, 21:32

Ethlenn wrote:I second Ouran HC, but you need to be mentally prepared for flying kanji :mrgreen:
:blink :blink *ducks* 8)

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Mar 3rd, '12, 12:13

Last night I finished watching "Lunch Queen" and I found that there is always a girl who ends up living or hanging out with a punch of guys (Ouran, Hana Kimi, Stand Up, Ikemen desu ne, Nobuta wo produce, Hana Yori Dango etc), but I know only one (Moteki) where it would be the opposite: a guy who ends up living or hanging out with a punch of girls (2 or more).
So do you know any more dramas like Moteki?

takeda_shingen

Post by takeda_shingen » Mar 3rd, '12, 13:25

JaJe wrote:Last night I finished watching "Lunch Queen" and I found that there is always a girl who ends up living or hanging out with a punch of guys (Ouran, Hana Kimi, Stand Up, Ikemen desu ne, Nobuta wo produce, Hana Yori Dango etc), but I know only one (Moteki) where it would be the opposite: a guy who ends up living or hanging out with a punch of girls (2 or more).
Galcir? Koko Ga Uwasa No El Palacio? Muscle Girl? Kodai Shoujotai Dogoon V? Vanny Knights? Shimokita Glory Days? 2nd House? (I haven't watched most of them, so they might not exactly fit.)

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Mar 3rd, '12, 23:20

takeda_shingen wrote:
JaJe wrote:Last night I finished watching "Lunch Queen" and I found that there is always a girl who ends up living or hanging out with a punch of guys (Ouran, Hana Kimi, Stand Up, Ikemen desu ne, Nobuta wo produce, Hana Yori Dango etc), but I know only one (Moteki) where it would be the opposite: a guy who ends up living or hanging out with a punch of girls (2 or more).
Galcir? Koko Ga Uwasa No El Palacio? Muscle Girl? Kodai Shoujotai Dogoon V? Vanny Knights? Shimokita Glory Days? 2nd House? (I haven't watched most of them, so they might not exactly fit.)
Thanks! I'll add them to my list.

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 6th, '12, 07:28

O.M.G. Thank you guys! Liked all the dramas, but Ouran just made me so very happy! I wasn't sure if I'd like it since I'm not a huge fan of the anime, but loved it!

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 8th, '12, 02:09

Any other recs? Still looking for happy stuff, and the dramas you recommended really fit the criteria!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 8th, '12, 02:55

moadeep wrote:Any other recs? Still looking for happy stuff, and the dramas you recommended really fit the criteria!
You might want to check out Marumo no Okite. It's pretty funny and nice. Not as crazy though except for the talking dog.

Atashinchi no danshi is okay. It's pretty funny. Kamen Rider Kabuto is pretty funny too at times. Antique is funny too but it's an older drama.

If you want other comedies, kdrama has some good ones such as my girl, hong gil dong (early episodes), you're beautiful, etc. Basically anything written by Hong sisters. They're jokes are like crack. You get addicted.

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 8th, '12, 03:05

seirin wrote:
moadeep wrote:Any other recs? Still looking for happy stuff, and the dramas you recommended really fit the criteria!
You might want to check out Marumo no Okite. It's pretty funny and nice. Not as crazy though except for the talking dog.

Atashinchi no danshi is okay. It's pretty funny. Kamen Rider Kabuto is pretty funny too at times. Antique is funny too but it's an older drama.

If you want other comedies, kdrama has some good ones such as my girl, hong gil dong (early episodes), you're beautiful, etc. Basically anything written by Hong sisters. They're jokes are like crack. You get addicted.
I love the Hong sisters, and my primary form of entertainment is kdramas ;). I got a bunch of recs in the kdrama rec thread too, but for some reason the jdramas are just brightening my mood more. I will check these new recs out right now! :D

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 8th, '12, 05:53

moadeep wrote:
seirin wrote: I love the Hong sisters, and my primary form of entertainment is kdramas ;). I got a bunch of recs in the kdrama rec thread too, but for some reason the jdramas are just brightening my mood more. I will check these new recs out right now! :D
You might want to check out Boku to Star no 99 Nichi if you like rom com. It's not anime style crack but it's entertaining.

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 8th, '12, 07:34

seirin wrote:
moadeep wrote:
seirin wrote: I love the Hong sisters, and my primary form of entertainment is kdramas ;). I got a bunch of recs in the kdrama rec thread too, but for some reason the jdramas are just brightening my mood more. I will check these new recs out right now! :D
You might want to check out Boku to Star no 99 Nichi if you like rom com. It's not anime style crack but it's entertaining.
I do like romcom as a general rule, but with the amount of stress I've been having the anime style crack is a lot more lifting to my mood ;). I've been watching anime as well, but somehow the jdramas are working better... Man. I wish my drinking buddies hadn't moved away, because I just thought of an awesome game... :alcoholic:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 9th, '12, 00:18

if you like video game style of drama, Garo is pretty good. The fight scenes are awesome depending on the episode. There's a lot of CGI. I saw the spoiler trailer for Makai Senki finale and it's just...wow...

If you do watch it, you might need to start from the beginning of the series. Makai Senki is the second series of Garo. There's some movies too.

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 9th, '12, 03:04

seirin wrote:if you like video game style of drama, Garo is pretty good. The fight scenes are awesome depending on the episode. There's a lot of CGI. I saw the spoiler trailer for Makai Senki finale and it's just...wow...

If you do watch it, you might need to start from the beginning of the series. Makai Senki is the second series of Garo. There's some movies too.
I don't know that I've ever watched a video game style of drama, but I'd be willing to give it a try!

siaoliao

Post by siaoliao » Mar 10th, '12, 03:29

Hi, I'm looking for dramas with a friends-turned-lovers theme?

Off the top of my head, some that I've watched include Itsumo Futari De, Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu, Stand Up!!, and I suppose Buzzer Beat, Detective Conan, and Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo (I've watched all 3 seasons) sort of count too. Doesn't matter if there's no English subs either, or if they are older, I think the rarer ones can be found with Chinese subs.

panadol

Post by panadol » Mar 10th, '12, 18:15

Hi everyone, I'm looking for comedy type of drama... something like Densha Otoko, Moteki, satorare, kekkon dekinai otoko... and psychological drama... something like Liar Game, The Quiz Show, face maker...

any recommendations?

oh and also any good family dramas? comedy touching family dramas? like Akimahende, Mukodono, at home dad, okane ga nai...

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Mar 10th, '12, 18:32

panadol wrote:oh and also any good family dramas? comedy touching family dramas? like Akimahende, Mukodono, at home dad, okane ga nai...
Hitotsu Yane no Shita was the drama that came to my mind first. Have look.

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Mar 11th, '12, 17:44

omph wrote:
<3s-tei. wrote:I'm looking to watch a jdrama that's light hearted and fun, something along the lines of Yankee-kun to Megane-chan or like My Boss My Hero. Can someone suggest something? Thank you!
I'd recommend Gokusen, Mei-chan no Shuji, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (2007 version), and Atashinchi no Danshi.
I've seen all of them. But I didn't get to finish Atashinchi no Danshi. There was not enough heart to it for me to keep going.

Still looking for some nice light-hearted and fun drama though. I'm open to suggestions.

@Doctorhabib, It's been suggested but I highly recommend Freeter, ie wo Kau. I think it fits the first category you posted very well.

@panadol, Here are my favourite comedy jdramas:
1. My Boss My Hero
2. Mukodono
3. Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
4. Yankee-kun to Megane-chan.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 11th, '12, 18:21

siaoliao wrote:Hi, I'm looking for dramas with a friends-turned-lovers theme?
Yabe Onna Kabe Onna, christmas on 24th ave (jmovie), last christmas, long vacation, slow dance.
panadol wrote: oh and also any good family dramas? comedy touching family dramas? like Akimahende, Mukodono, at home dad, okane ga nai...
Marumo no okite and hotman are good. Mother and bara no nai hanaya are good too but they're not comedy.

siaoliao

Post by siaoliao » Mar 13th, '12, 05:26

Ah yes, I think I remember watching the Christmas Eve one. But the rest I haven't! Thanks for your recs :)

panadol

Post by panadol » Mar 13th, '12, 15:30

RetroHelix wrote:
panadol wrote:oh and also any good family dramas? comedy touching family dramas? like Akimahende, Mukodono, at home dad, okane ga nai...
Hitotsu Yane no Shita was the drama that came to my mind first. Have look.
hey thanx for recommending me this great drama... I just started 3 episodes of this drama... and it is super great!!! thank you... Noriko Sakai is such a babe!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

panadol

Post by panadol » Mar 13th, '12, 15:32

@panadol, Here are my favourite comedy jdramas:
1. My Boss My Hero
2. Mukodono
3. Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
4. Yankee-kun to Megane-chan.[/quote]

thanx... I'll try Papa to Musume no Nanokakan... I've watched Myboss, Muko and Yankee... very good dramas...

panadol

Post by panadol » Mar 13th, '12, 15:35

panadol wrote: oh and also any good family dramas? comedy touching family dramas? like Akimahende, Mukodono, at home dad, okane ga nai...
Marumo no okite and hotman are good. Mother and bara no nai hanaya are good too but they're not comedy.[/quote]

thanx... I'll try some of them...

Yu Ominae

Post by Yu Ominae » Mar 15th, '12, 02:20

Only asking for action-type law enforcement drama. So far have seen SP: Security Police (Fuji) and SP: Keishicho Keigoka (Only the first episode, still looking for second). I will watch Jiu once proper subs are made available.

szack

Post by szack » Mar 22nd, '12, 09:05

Hi ya, newbie here. This is the first thread I checked out - first page: Nodame Cantabile. Downloaded that, watched and was hooked. Rewatched 15x more, now am on a roll searching for Tamaki Hiroshi's old drama and movies. To those who posted, I THANK YOU :thumleft:

Hammie

Post by Hammie » Mar 24th, '12, 09:19

@Yu Ominae:

Have you tried Double Score?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone recommend me a good supernatural/horror drama?
I'd need english or chinese subtitles. Thanks. <3

choyroer

Post by choyroer » Mar 24th, '12, 11:23

Hi, I'm really addicted with school dramas, especially with a bunch of comedy. I have watched Hana Kimi 2007, My Boss My Hero, Nobuta wo Produce, Mei chan no Shitsuji, Gokusen (only the movie), Misaki Number One, Otomen, ROOKIES, Yankee kun to Megane chan.
Any more recommendation? I'd like to watch more.

Hammie

Post by Hammie » Mar 24th, '12, 12:20

@choyroer:

I watched these before. Not bad.

- SCHOOL!!
- Gachi Baka

choyroer

Post by choyroer » Mar 24th, '12, 12:57

@Hammie: thanks for your suggestion, but those two seems like a serious one. I'd like to watch a funny drama, at least a light one.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 24th, '12, 15:13

choyroer wrote:Hi, I'm really addicted with school dramas, especially with a bunch of comedy. I have watched Hana Kimi 2007, My Boss My Hero, Nobuta wo Produce, Mei chan no Shitsuji, Gokusen (only the movie), Misaki Number One, Otomen, ROOKIES, Yankee kun to Megane chan.
Any more recommendation? I'd like to watch more.
Nodame Catabile, Ouran High Host Club, Hana Yori Dango, Dragon Zakura (haven't seen this), Samurai High School, Be A Man! Samurai School (movie).

choyroer

Post by choyroer » Mar 24th, '12, 23:45

seirin wrote:Nodame Catabile, Ouran High Host Club, Hana Yori Dango, Dragon Zakura (haven't seen this), Samurai High School, Be A Man! Samurai School (movie).

I have watched some of them. But for School-Comedy genre, I think Hana Kimi is still the best. Dragon Zakura was nice too, it taught us the meaning of having dream, struggling, while living in the real life.
Alright, I'll try Ouran and and Be a Man later. Thanks anyway.

dramelencholy

Post by dramelencholy » Apr 8th, '12, 03:15

Hi! I love food doramas like Lunch Queen and Osen! Can anyone recommed any other doramas that has the same sense of comedy and love for food? Replies would be greatly appreciated! (:

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » Apr 8th, '12, 05:56

Hey dramelencholy,

Oishii Gohan comes to mind. The food part was mainly rice but I would recommend it to everyone. A very heartwarming dorama.

Then there are these that might better fit what you are looking for :
Bambino!, My Little Chef (Abe Hiroshi), Oishii Puropozu, Sushi Oji (more comedy but sushi focused), Delicious Gakuin (havent watched it but I understand its a comedy oriented food dorama), and most recent one; Hungry! (said to be very good but still havent watched it)

Have fun, my favorites were Oishii Gohan, Lunch Queen and because Abe Hiroshi was in it, My little chef.

There are also good kdoramas about food, if you interested you can ask in that other thread.

beailoveyou
Philippines

Post by beailoveyou » Apr 9th, '12, 10:19

dramelencholy wrote:Hi! I love food doramas like Lunch Queen and Osen! Can anyone recommed any other doramas that has the same sense of comedy and love for food? Replies would be greatly appreciated! (:
Try watching Shinya Shokudo... although it's not really a comedy, per se. It has some light and comedic parts but most are really just heart-warming tales. :D

Nasder

Post by Nasder » Apr 14th, '12, 15:52

I am looking for some sport oriented dramas, I'm not picky on which sport. Find it hard to search for as few of them have a title linking them to sports. I would prefer if the series were subtitled as my Japanese is not the best.

I've seen: H2 (baseball), Touch (baseball, movie), Rookies (baseball), Pride (hockey), Ace wo Nerae! (tennis), One Pound Gospel (boxing), Attack no.1 (volleyball).

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 14th, '12, 18:22

Nasder wrote:I am looking for some sport oriented dramas, I'm not picky on which sport. Find it hard to search for as few of them have a title linking them to sports. I would prefer if the series were subtitled as my Japanese is not the best.

I've seen: H2 (baseball), Touch (baseball, movie), Rookies (baseball), Pride (hockey), Ace wo Nerae! (tennis), One Pound Gospel (boxing), Attack no.1 (volleyball).
Kisarazu Cat's Eye is the only one I can recall. Something about baseball.
Tengoku no Daisuke e about marathon.

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Apr 14th, '12, 20:21

seirin wrote:
Nasder wrote:I am looking for some sport oriented dramas, I'm not picky on which sport. Find it hard to search for as few of them have a title linking them to sports. I would prefer if the series were subtitled as my Japanese is not the best.

Kisarazu Cat's Eye is the only one I can recall. Something about baseball.
Tengoku no Daisuke e about marathon.
Buzzer Beat (basket ball - not the main theme of the drama, but quite significant), Dance Drill (cheerleading).

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » Apr 15th, '12, 07:11

Theres also Dream again (havent watched it but heard its about baseball / drama) and Muscle girl (pro wrestling / comedy)

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » Apr 15th, '12, 07:17

beailoveyou wrote:
dramelencholy wrote:Hi! I love food doramas like Lunch Queen and Osen! Can anyone recommed any other doramas that has the same sense of comedy and love for food? Replies would be greatly appreciated! (:
Try watching Shinya Shokudo... although it's not really a comedy, per se. It has some light and comedic parts but most are really just heart-warming tales. :D

Hey beailoveyou,

your description reminded me of Oishi gohan and I decided to check it out myself.
I only watched couple of episodes from season one but it was really good. Lately, I was also wondering if there were any good jdramas with 20min episodes so it was double good.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Nasder

Post by Nasder » Apr 15th, '12, 08:42

kirtil wrote: Theres also Dream again (havent watched it but heard its about baseball / drama) and Muscle girl (pro wrestling / comedy)
I'm currently trying to get a hold of Dream again, found it by "accident". I'll look into the other one, thanks for the tips!

Nasder

Post by Nasder » Apr 18th, '12, 18:09

JaJe wrote:
Buzzer Beat (basket ball - not the main theme of the drama, but quite significant), Dance Drill (cheerleading).
Just finished watching Buzzer Beat, it was just what I wanted. Thank you for this awesome tip!

beailoveyou
Philippines

Post by beailoveyou » Apr 19th, '12, 07:21

kirtil wrote: Hey beailoveyou,

your description reminded me of Oishi gohan and I decided to check it out myself.
I only watched couple of episodes from season one but it was really good. Lately, I was also wondering if there were any good jdramas with 20min episodes so it was double good.

Thank you for the recommendation.

I'm glad you liked it! :salut:

DaisukiDesu!

Post by DaisukiDesu! » Apr 19th, '12, 09:21

Yow ! Im addicted to this Jdorama's :) it just started last year , But since 2008 im watching Kdramas-movies until now but the more i love now is Jdoramas :">. The reason why i got addicted to this Jdorama is The Proposal Daisakusen :D i really really really Love this Dorama :'> Then i've finish watching some JDorama from some a Must Watch List. So i Just want to Ask you Some Drama which deals with FRIENDS TO LOVERS just like Last Christmas :) So Please recommend some Dramas :)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 19th, '12, 09:36

DaisukiDesu! wrote:Yow ! Im addicted to this Jdorama's :) it just started last year , But since 2008 im watching Kdramas-movies until now but the more i love now is Jdoramas :">. The reason why i got addicted to this Jdorama is The Proposal Daisakusen :D i really really really Love this Dorama :'> Then i've finish watching some JDorama from some a Must Watch List. So i Just want to Ask you Some Drama which deals with FRIENDS TO LOVERS just like Last Christmas :) So Please recommend some Dramas :)
Itsumo futari de
long vacation
love generation?
slow dance
Boku to Star no 99 Nichi (open ending)
Yama Onna Kabe Onna
Hotaru no Hikari
Shiawase ni Narou yo

Probably a lot more...

choyroer

Post by choyroer » Apr 19th, '12, 12:35

DaisukiDesu! wrote:Yow ! Im addicted to this Jdorama's :) it just started last year , But since 2008 im watching Kdramas-movies until now but the more i love now is Jdoramas :">. The reason why i got addicted to this Jdorama is The Proposal Daisakusen :D i really really really Love this Dorama :'> Then i've finish watching some JDorama from some a Must Watch List. So i Just want to Ask you Some Drama which deals with FRIENDS TO LOVERS just like Last Christmas :) So Please recommend some Dramas :)
Yeah, I'm agree with you.
Then try to watch Zenkai Girl (Aragaki Yui, Nishikido Ryo). It's light and fun, romantic comedy with a nice story. The soundtrack is pretty good too.

dramelencholy

Post by dramelencholy » Apr 19th, '12, 13:19

kirtil wrote:Hey dramelencholy,

Oishii Gohan comes to mind. The food part was mainly rice but I would recommend it to everyone. A very heartwarming dorama.

Then there are these that might better fit what you are looking for :
Bambino!, My Little Chef (Abe Hiroshi), Oishii Puropozu, Sushi Oji (more comedy but sushi focused), Delicious Gakuin (havent watched it but I understand its a comedy oriented food dorama), and most recent one; Hungry! (said to be very good but still havent watched it)

Have fun, my favorites were Oishii Gohan, Lunch Queen and because Abe Hiroshi was in it, My little chef.

There are also good kdoramas about food, if you interested you can ask in that other thread.
Hi Kirtil,

Thanks for some great suggestions!

I failed to mention in my earlier post that I've already seen Bambino! and My Little Chef before and they were both enjoyable to watch!

I'll try Oishii Gohan and Hungry! Maybe they will suit my palate of dorama addiction! (:

I really love food doramas! (:

dramelencholy

Post by dramelencholy » Apr 19th, '12, 13:29

beailoveyou wrote:
Hi beailoveyou,

Thanks! I'm going to check Shinya Shokudo. The synopsis is interesting so I'm going to give it a try. (:

dramelencholy

Post by dramelencholy » Apr 19th, '12, 13:59

Hi Nasder!

You may want to check Ganbatte Ikimasshoi!, a story about a group of girls that formed a rowing team. The setting is in the Kansai region!

There is a also a baseball drama I've watched recently entitled Wonderful Life. This one is subbed by SARS Fansubs.

Hope this helps! (:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 19th, '12, 16:23

dramelencholy wrote:

Hi Nasder!

You may want to check Ganbatte Ikimasshoi!, a story about a group of girls that formed a rowing team. The setting is in the Kansai region!

There is a also a baseball drama I've watched recently entitled Wonderful Life. This one is subbed by SARS Fansubs.

Hope this helps! (:
That reminds me, Regatta is also about rowing boats.

DaisukiDesu!

Post by DaisukiDesu! » Apr 21st, '12, 09:39

Seirin !! :)
thanks for the Dramas :) yama onna kabe onna im going to download this after i download the dragon zakura :D ive watched the hotaru no hikari 2 :) already and i loved it :) hmm im going to watch all of it(the list that you gave me) thanks :)

DaisukiDesu!

Post by DaisukiDesu! » Apr 21st, '12, 09:39

choyroer thanks also :)
im going to watch it thanks ! :)

DaisukiDesu!

Post by DaisukiDesu! » Apr 21st, '12, 09:40

Btw Thanks for the Doramas :)

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Apr 21st, '12, 15:04

Guys,
Any recommended dorama for this 2012 ?

Criteria is have nice plot and kawaii actress inside such as Nagasawa Masami, Horikita Maki, Kitagawa Keiko, etc :wub:

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » Apr 21st, '12, 16:59

I usually prefer getting my jdrama fix by getting completed and subbed series so usually follow seasons a year or two behind but this season had some interesting titles so I was keeping a closer tab.

As most of them are still unsubbed and not completed I cant recommend anything to you but these are the ones that might fit what you are looking for:

Kaeru no Oujo-sama, Toshi Densetsu no Onna, ATARU, Tsumi to Batsu: A Falsified Romance, W no Higeki, Legal High, Umechan Sensei.

Ones I'm looking forward to are: Kaeru no Oujo-sama, Toshi Densetsu no Onna, ATARU, Legal High, Kazoku no Uta and Mou Ichido Kimi ni, Propose.

These were from 2012 spring season btw.
You can find whole season map here
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Apr 23rd, '12, 04:22

kirtil wrote:I usually prefer getting my jdrama fix by getting completed and subbed series so usually follow seasons a year or two behind but this season had some interesting titles so I was keeping a closer tab.

As most of them are still unsubbed and not completed I cant recommend anything to you but these are the ones that might fit what you are looking for:

Kaeru no Oujo-sama, Toshi Densetsu no Onna, ATARU, Tsumi to Batsu: A Falsified Romance, W no Higeki, Legal High, Umechan Sensei.

Ones I'm looking forward to are: Kaeru no Oujo-sama, Toshi Densetsu no Onna, ATARU, Legal High, Kazoku no Uta and Mou Ichido Kimi ni, Propose.

These were from 2012 spring season btw.
You can find whole season map here
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map
I though kagi no kakatta heya is amazing.
but it is currently airing.
I am trying to watch without subtitle but still have some scenes I can't understand.
:argue:

Happy End Person

Post by Happy End Person » Apr 27th, '12, 07:59

Hey guys

I’m looking for dramas with the following elements
(it doesn’t necessarily need to be j-drama)

=> Sweet, cute romance
=> very funny comedy elements which make you laugh out loud
on the other hand:
=> heartwarming, heart-drenching. touching moments
=> happy ending which make you feel good (this is a must)

it may sound contradictory how can a drama have hilarious moments but on the other hand touches your heart deeply and still have a beautiful ending and gives you hope?
I found one which fulfilled my requirements just PERFECTLY.
Now I am gonna explain in detail the aforementioned elements
And since I finally found my dream-drama -after watching so many!!!!
I’m doing it on the basis of SATORARE
Sweet cute romance
I like it when the relationship between two main characters is developed well.
=> Great chemistry
In Satorare there's hardly a slow moment and the plot progresses evenly.
It’s heart wrenching to see his love for Noriko is more apparent than ever and his loving, sweet nature can also be seen, from his every move and expression when talking to Noriko.
He's totally and completely in love with Noriko and would do absolutely anything for her

Somehow I love it when:
The main character is a good hearted kind and honest man. (Often they are a bit lonely and shy)
The female character is a beautiful woman (often combined with being nice to Mr. Pure-Hearted but does not fall in love instantly with him)
The two meet. Usually the Mr. Pure-Hearted quickly falls in love with Mrs. Beautiful. Nevertheless it takes the whole drama for them to get together ;)

A classic storyline I know.
Satorare, however perfectly managed to convey the story and feelings of a guy who whole heartedly loves a woman.

Nowadays I don’t get to see much of these storylines. Usually there is Mr. Womanizer whom all women fall for. I don’t like this concept.
very funny comedy elements which make you laugh out loud
Satorare was very sweet, cute and romantic but on the other it had a lot of hilarious moments. The supporting cast play a big part in making 'Satorare' as good as it is, with their quirkiness, their pity and affection for Kenichi, their playfulness and just generally being them.
Satorare made laugh out loud. Great applause for the supporting cast. TWO THUMPS UP, they made every single episode a comedy with their little actions, gestures, and personalities. There are way too many lovely, amusing incidents to list them!
heartwarming, heart-drenching. touching moments
happy ending which make you feel good
Despite being very cute, romantic and hilarious Satorare is REALLY touching.
Satorare wrenches your heart. However it doesn’t break it :D and makes you feel good, since there is a happy ending.
Satorare manages to blend romantic, touching, sad incidents (surgery on his mother) with sweet hilarious moments. This is what makes Satorare a Masterpiece.
Do you know another drama who can do this?

my favorite parts/scenes (random order):
* when yoshikawa is operating "incorrectly" and everyone hears kenichi's (odagiri) brilliant operation procedure yet no one is acting upon it, hoshino (tsuruta) takes a stand by putting herself out there and acting upon it (even if she had to lie, which would've led to her being fired/terminated)

*when kenichi and hoshino bump into hoshino's arrogant ex and kenichi is playing the part of her fiance. I like that even though the ex can hear kenichi's thoughts and knows that kenichi is only pretending, tsuruta still goes along with it (though humiliating and embarassing) to keep kenichi from finding out he's a satorare. It shows how unselfish they both are and how much one is willing to go for the other one.

*when kenichi gives the hamster gift to hoshino and discovers he really is in love with her (pool scene) -hoshino is his first real friend

*when he's operating on his mother. His first operation ever, which sparked the other patients demanding he operate on them ( finally success and recognition long overdue)

*when kenichi (odagiri) discovers that he's a satorare and is waaay embarassed..he's about to jump off the roof and hoshino (tsuruta) yells out embarassing things/secrets about herself that no one can be proud of. It shows that she deeply cares for him that she too, can relate. I like that she does not give a damn who's listening

*towards the ending when uno kando (satorare guard/FBI type agent) calls up hoshino to let her know that kenichi is leaving for the deserted island early (not ten o clock) and she chases after the car

*once hoshino catches up to the car, kenichi can't seem to say "i love you" out loud, but she hears his loud thoughts (i love you more than anyone)

*final scene which mirrors the first scene when they are walking in the rain with the umbrella he gave her in the first scene (when they didn't know each other)
SATORARE is just PERFECT, great story and MASTERPIECE.
the chemistry is consistent throughout each episode, the supporting cast fits perfectly and the story is simply unique!

The drama made me laugh: every episode was very entertaining and had its special hilarious moments

It touched my heart: you can purely feel how much Kenichi loves the woman. With every episode Kenichi gets a little closer to his love. => perfect relationship development. and you just can't help but be thrilled.
In every episode you learn a little bit more about Kenichi personality & his struggles & wishes.
The ending when the whole hospital staff shows up for him and are ready to move to the deserted island with him is just so heart-wrenching and sweet at the same time.
(Usually heart wrenching dramas are very tragic where the main lead has a serious disease, or has only few moths to live, etc and the whole is drama is only sad and tragic and not heart-warming at all!)

Satorare made me still feel good at the end since Kenichi suffered, cried, loved and fought through the whole drama and gets rewarded at the end!!!

Because I got so enthusiastic, asking myself are any similar dramas like SATORARE who might have an similiar effect on me?

I know I wrote a lot, but I though I better give you a lot of information so that you can recommend me some dramas which I really will like.
Maybe this will help you too:
Other dramas with Mr. Good hearted I liked were:
Zettai Kareshi (well the ending was not good)
Star No Koi,
That Fool (k-drama)
Boku to Star no 99 Nichi
Ohitorisama
Celeb to Binbo Taro
1 Pound no Fukuin

I'm really looking forward to your suggestions, my taste might be a bit difficult that's why I am asking you guys!
Many Thanks in advance!!!
Last edited by Happy End Person on Apr 27th, '12, 11:57, edited 3 times in total.

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Apr 27th, '12, 08:02

Happy End Person wrote:Hey guys

I’m looking for dramas with the following elements
(it doesn’t necessarily need to be j-drama)

=> Sweet, cute romance
=> very funny comedy elements which make you laugh out loud
on the other hand:
=> heartwarming, heart-drenching. touching moments
=> happy ending which make you feel good (this is a must)
I have suggestion for you.
Try watch these :
1. Hana Yori Dango season 1 and 2 + SP
2. Proposal daisakusen + SP
3. Boku to star no 99 nichi (SP haven't out yet)

These are maybe doramas which suit with what you want.

Gia3000

Post by Gia3000 » Apr 27th, '12, 20:28

Hi! I am looking for jdoramas featuring a strong female lead who is hard-working and good-looking/stylish. I liked Hataraki Man, Perfect Report, Real Clothes, Boss 1 & 2. I even liked Sapuri and Yama Onna, Kabe Onna to a certain extent. Also, I dislike silly, slapstick comedies. The more serious the drama, the better I consider it to be. I also like plotting and scheming and love triangles like in kdramas. A bit of romance would also be nice in the mostly work-centered dorama.

The ideal drama would feature a pretty actress, with a strong work ethic who would go through a transformation from plain to exceptional (appearance-wise) and rise through the ranks. The ideal setting would be the fashion world, fashion magazine world, shopping mall or clothing store but other settings are ok too (marketing agency, aesthetics salon, dating agency, medical/legal facility). No countryside setting!

Lastly, it would be great if the recommended doramas aired recently (in the last 10 years) because I am having a hard time with the lo-res video quality and the outdated fashions we must deal with when it comes to older doramas (Shomuni, for example).

Thank you in advance!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 28th, '12, 04:44

Gia3000 wrote:Hi! I am looking for jdoramas featuring a strong female lead who is hard-working and good-looking/stylish. I liked Hataraki Man, Perfect Report, Real Clothes, Boss 1 & 2. I even liked Sapuri and Yama Onna, Kabe Onna to a certain extent. Also, I dislike silly, slapstick comedies. The more serious the drama, the better I consider it to be. I also like plotting and scheming and love triangles like in kdramas. A bit of romance would also be nice in the mostly work-centered dorama.

The ideal drama would feature a pretty actress, with a strong work ethic who would go through a transformation from plain to exceptional (appearance-wise) and rise through the ranks. The ideal setting would be the fashion world, fashion magazine world, shopping mall or clothing store but other settings are ok too (marketing agency, aesthetics salon, dating agency, medical/legal facility). No countryside setting!
Have you tried beauty and the beast (news reporter), top caster (news reporter), strawberry night (detective), Hana Yori Dango?, Around 40?, Unfair (police), Joshi Deka, Magerarenai Onna

manopatano

Post by manopatano » May 2nd, '12, 17:51

Is there any Jdrama that revolves around fashion world.. ???

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 2nd, '12, 23:59

manopatano wrote:Is there any Jdrama that revolves around fashion world.. ???
Real Clothes
Style!

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » May 3rd, '12, 06:10

seirin wrote:
Real Clothes
Style!

Style is korean.

Havent watched either but seeing both style and real clothes are associated with devil wears prada I am guesing they are very similar, only with korean and japanese point of view respectively.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 3rd, '12, 14:16

kirtil wrote:
seirin wrote:
Real Clothes
Style!

Style is korean.

Havent watched either but seeing both style and real clothes are associated with devil wears prada I am guesing they are very similar, only with korean and japanese point of view respectively.
Style is an old Japanese drama with Takeuchi Yuko. Yuko plays an amateur designer who lost her design sketches.
http://www.mysoju.com/japanese-drama/style/

Yama Onna Kabe Onna is kind of related to fashion a bit? It's a department store that focuses on selling handbags.

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » May 3rd, '12, 18:35

Oh my. And a Takeuchi Yuko drama to boot.

My first search in dramawiki was korean and I didnt look any further. My bad.

And thanks for clearing this up.

happyshirt

Post by happyshirt » May 6th, '12, 04:23

I"m now hooked on crime jdramas having watched Joker Yurusarezaru Sosakan, Ningen no Shoumei, Geiji Keisatsu, Boss 1 & 2, Just started on Galileo.
Looking for some recommendations for crime, thriller dramas. Fairly new ones would be good cos then its easier to get the torrents.
Can be dark political etc.

Thanks for the help!

EriKira

Post by EriKira » May 6th, '12, 16:32

happyshirt wrote:I"m now hooked on crime jdramas having watched Joker Yurusarezaru Sosakan, Ningen no Shoumei, Geiji Keisatsu, Boss 1 & 2, Just started on Galileo.
Looking for some recommendations for crime, thriller dramas. Fairly new ones would be good cos then its easier to get the torrents.

Thanks for the help!
maybe you will like Bloody monday (About cyber crime) :-)
Kurosagi too (About swindler) , and Liar Game maybe ? (This is about tricking others game)
Mr. Brain is in too (Another funny detective play, but attractive)

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » May 7th, '12, 08:11

happyshirt wrote:I"m now hooked on crime jdramas having watched Joker Yurusarezaru Sosakan, Ningen no Shoumei, Geiji Keisatsu, Boss 1 & 2, Just started on Galileo.

Thanks for the help!
I think strawberry night would fit what you are looking for.

If you want crime/mystery with a (varying degrees of) lighter touch you can try Lucky seven, Keizoku 2 - SPEC, Shinzanmono (2010 but Abe Hiroshi), Atami no Sousakan (2010 but Odagiri Joe).

happyshirt

Post by happyshirt » May 7th, '12, 11:12

maybe you will like Bloody monday (About cyber crime) Smile
Kurosagi too (About swindler) , and Liar Game maybe ? (This is about tricking others game)
Mr. Brain is in too (Another funny detective play, but attractive)
I think strawberry night would fit what you are looking for.

If you want crime/mystery with a (varying degrees of) lighter touch you can try Lucky seven, Keizoku 2 - SPEC, Shinzanmono (2010 but Abe Hiroshi), Atami no Sousakan (2010 but Odagiri Joe).

Thank you for the suggestions. i"ve done Mr Brain, Bloody MOnday (the sequel as a mess though) and Shinzanmono.

TheVicarious

Post by TheVicarious » May 7th, '12, 17:21

So, I have almost finished Liar Games and I'm in love with the overly intense moments of this series. I was just wondering are there other shows like this. Where people compete in something or just something with alot of intense moments. I have also seen that Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji movie that's like Liar Games.

Not interested in crime/ detective shows too much though. Got Boss 2, Conan, Zettai Reido 2 and Keizoku 2 - SPEC to watch in that department. :)

Thanks!

EriKira

Post by EriKira » May 8th, '12, 10:56

Friends, I am finding dorama in these criteria :
1. Have kawaii actress inside.. :wub:
2. Great plot :cheers:
3. Joke inside will do

I love good story such as nice ending and the plot is not too flat and usual.
And of course, kawaii actress. That's all maybe.
Genre is not a problem.
I have watched many doramas (Around 36)
My favorites are below :
Hana yori dango, Liar game, JIN , Taiyou no uta, one litre of tears, buzzer beat , hanazakari no kimitachi he , Mr. Brain, proposal daisakusen , samurai high school, watashi ga renai dekinai ryuu
notes : All those doramas' actress are kawaii :wub:

I not really like human dorama such as Saikou no jinsei no owarikata or Soredemo, ikite yuku. (Yeah I am complicated :glare: )
Any suggestion ? :unsure:

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » May 8th, '12, 14:07

As it stands you have school dramas, puzzle/mystery dramas, well of tears dramas, comedy dramas, medical dramas, sport dramas and some unknownt to me dramas in the list you gave, which is too diverse, and nearly all dramas have some kawaii person in some way (minor, major, supporting, episodic roles etc) so instead of suggestion let me try something else.

Pick a drama you like; google search or use the drama information sites to look what other dramas that kawaii person has and if you like the synopsis then check if it is subbed and then try to find it.

I think this way you would have some solid leads to follow.

antoku

Post by antoku » May 11th, '12, 15:38

Help me educate my mom (with fiction)!

My mom's going to visit me in Japan pretty soon. I'm pretty into history (kabuki, nohgaku, Genpei wars, sengoku, bakumatsu, all that jazz) and I'd like to try to show her what Japan means to me. Can anyone recommend me a hopefully not-too-long jidai-geki that might give her some context for the stuff I'm planning to show her?

Like, I could tell her to watch Shinsen-gumi and then take her around Kyoto and show her the location of the Ikeda-ya and she'd know what it meant to be there since she'd watched the show. Only if I told her to watch a 50 episode drama I'd pretty sure she'd get two episodes in and quit, so Taiga drama might not be the best.

Can someone recommend something a little shorter, ideally set pre-Meiji?

EriKira

Post by EriKira » May 12th, '12, 22:02

antoku wrote:Help me educate my mom (with fiction)!

My mom's going to visit me in Japan pretty soon. I'm pretty into history (kabuki, nohgaku, Genpei wars, sengoku, bakumatsu, all that jazz) and I'd like to try to show her what Japan means to me. Can anyone recommend me a hopefully not-too-long jidai-geki that might give her some context for the stuff I'm planning to show her?

Like, I could tell her to watch Shinsen-gumi and then take her around Kyoto and show her the location of the Ikeda-ya and she'd know what it meant to be there since she'd watched the show. Only if I told her to watch a 50 episode drama I'd pretty sure she'd get two episodes in and quit, so Taiga drama might not be the best.

Can someone recommend something a little shorter, ideally set pre-Meiji?
I don't know if this is short or not, but the only dorama I ever watched which take palce within that era is JIN :unsure:
Sorry if it's not helping you.

btw I am lacking of dorama to watch here :-( :cry:

ShiroMiso

Purely comedy Jdramas (with little romance!)

Post by ShiroMiso » May 13th, '12, 00:00

Hi all! Over the past 6 months or so I've developed a distaste for romantic comedies (solely because there's too much crying and emotional hoo-ha)

I really like comedy dramas like Don Quixote, Unubore Deka (though some may argue that is a romantic comedy....? :/) Trick (season 1-3), At Home Dad, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, maybe a little Gokusen, I was just wondering if there are any comedies out there which are less heavy on the romance and have more focus on the comedy which I have not yet encountered~

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated! :)

DaisukiDesu!

Post by DaisukiDesu! » May 13th, '12, 00:22

Ohayou Gozaimasu ! :))
good to be back here *Always n.n
i just happened to finish some of your recommendation last time, im currently watching Orange days .
what can you recommend about Jdoramas like Doragon Zakura, School Story which can inspire you to study hard :D Except gokuzen and Gto. Stories like Dragon Zakura might do :)
Arigatou gozaimasu Mina ~ ! :)

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » May 13th, '12, 01:13

Tiger and Dragon!!!

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » May 13th, '12, 10:05

I recommand:

- GTO: School drama like Gokusen, jsut much better (in my eyes) and pretty funny. Little to none romance.
- Utahima: Main Lead played by Nagase Tomoya (the lead from Unobore Deka), very, very funny, but contains romance, imho not that much. I'd give it a try if I where you, and watch more then the firt two episodes, because it starts a little bit slow. :)
- My Boss My Hero: Little to none Romance, pretty funny School Dorama (again with Tomoya)
- Mukudono / Mukudono 2003: Both pretty funny nad, again, with Tomoya ;)
- Jodan ja nai!: Nice comedy about a married cuoplue with 20 years of age difference. Quite funny if I remember correctly and again only medium romance.
- Boku to Star no 99 Nichi: Contains more romance, but is still a funny dorama
- Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi: Caontains medium romance, but is very funny though special. The humour is more "mature".

These are the doramas which spontaneously pop up in my mind.

PS @Kakijun: Sunny! <3 ;)