What kdrama are you currently watching? (Part 2)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Issy

What kdrama are you currently watching? (Part 2)

Post by Issy » Mar 19th, '12, 13:53

As our original thread is getting quiet long, I am starting a new one here. Please write your posts in this one from now on.
:salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 19th, '12, 14:09

Mushin, Queen Insu, Breathless, Hanbando (when I have time). Waiting for Rooftop^^

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Mar 19th, '12, 17:53

Tree with Deep Roots & Shut up flower boy band :)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 19th, '12, 17:54

I am currently watching History of Salaryman and it's just fabulous but subs are so damn slow. I think I'll have to carry on without them and hope that my Korean is good enough.

Deleted User 105108

Post by Deleted User 105108 » Mar 20th, '12, 05:46

Long time user/viewer but not active. Hopefully that will change as I get back into KDrama again.

I recently watched;

City Hall / liked
Scent of a woman / liked
A love to kill / On the fence about whether I liked or not

Am currently watching;

Padam Padam - just waiting for more subs
Thank you
My girlfriend is a gumiho

I have a list of dramas I want to watch but would love some suggestions for the past 4 or 5 years. I used to be heavy into KDrama and KMovie but stopped suddenly for reasons I can't remember, ah well.

Viande

Post by Viande » Mar 20th, '12, 10:39

I was curious about History of the Salaryman so I started it and got hooked in. :lol

Also slowly watching Shut Up Flower Boy Band, Can't Lose, Tree With Deep Roots and was thinking of adding The Moon That Embraces the Sun to my watchlist.

and waiting for Rooftop Prince.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 20th, '12, 15:07

tails2 wrote:Long time user/viewer but not active. Hopefully that will change as I get back into KDrama again.

I recently watched;

City Hall / liked
Scent of a woman / liked
A love to kill / On the fence about whether I liked or not

Am currently watching;

Padam Padam - just waiting for more subs
Thank you

I have a list of dramas I want to watch but would love some suggestions for the past 4 or 5 years. I used to be heavy into KDrama and KMovie but stopped suddenly for reasons I can't remember, ah well.
I bet that you started to waver whether you like A Love To Kill or not after like 12th of 13th episode, right? There is a spoiler in the spoiler.
Basically, I mean the episode where brother woke up
And from the past 4-5 years I can suggest you to watch these :
Chuno, Bad Guy, The Man Who Can't Get Married, Harvest Villa, That fool, Fantasy Couple... and many more.

Viande, I totally know what you are talking about. How about subs? Have you tried to search somewhere else than darksmurfsubs? I am watching now it without subs.

P.s. - Damn, I will stop giving everyone suggestions and recommendations, I just have nothing to give. :mrgreen:

Viande

Post by Viande » Mar 20th, '12, 15:58

I've been watching it streamed (at KimchiDrama) so no idea. Yeah lazy me...

Deleted User 105108

Post by Deleted User 105108 » Mar 20th, '12, 17:59

[quote="Neliets"...[/quote]

I had a feeling that was going to happen as soon as
the doctor told Bokgu in one of the first episodes that his brother was showing some rare signs of activity
Only in KDrama, I say!

I am going to take a look at 'That Fool' after I finish 'Gumiho'. I am looking for a nice bit of comedy for a change. Everything I have watched recently has been about death/illness [Padam Padam, scent of a woman, a love to kill, thank you].

I will have to wait for the subs for rooftop prince.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 20th, '12, 18:20

Neliets wrote:[
Viande, I totally know what you are talking about. How about subs? Have you tried to search somewhere else than darksmurfsubs? I am watching now it without subs.

P.s. - Damn, I will stop giving everyone suggestions and recommendations, I just have nothing to give. :mrgreen:
Are you serious?The subs were so fast! Check out viki's one, I just have to thank those guys for the awsome job they did, all the subs are available, you can check here!

I'm not watching anything rieght now, all the dramas doesn't have subs well at least those that I want to check, I don't know what's going on these days :scratch:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 20th, '12, 18:39

Sham26 wrote:

Are you serious?The subs were so fast! Check out viki's one, I just have to thank those guys for the awsome job they did, all the subs are available, you can check here!

I'm not watching anything rieght now, all the dramas doesn't have subs well at least those that I want to check, I don't know what's going on these days :scratch:
Thank you so much! But, actually, my Korean doesn't seem that bad. I don't think I've missed anything(in general). But it is quite hard to watch, though. You have to concentrate more when watching... I'll still go and get those subs, I am too lazy to train and practice my Korean. :mrgreen:

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 20th, '12, 19:58

Neliets wrote:
Sham26 wrote:

Thank you so much! But, actually, my Korean doesn't seem that bad. I don't think I've missed anything(in general). But it is quite hard to watch, though. You have to concentrate more when watching... I'll still go and get those subs, I am too lazy to train and practice my Korean. :mrgreen:
I used to watch kdrama on the international channel without subs and I don't speak Korean. That's how good they are, even with a language barrier I got hooked!

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 21st, '12, 05:51

still on History of a Salaryman and Flowers for my life

Wild Romance- on episode 8 well there goes my theory that his lingering feelings for Kang Jong Hee were because she was dead, also they finally changed Lee Si Young's hair but apparently no one involved in the production has seen a woman with a short hair style that actually looks good on women, but still even though she now looks like a boy it's still better

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 21st, '12, 15:41

still rewatching salaryman and on episode 6 of Ten.Loving this drama. Very dark and creepy with great cinematography and music. In what k-drama can you hear Bjork, the Doors and Elvis Presley? Plus Joo Sang Wook playing a character that is both heroic yet creepy :wub:

on ep 15 of shut up flower boy band and added glowing she. Not my favorite but I like the more mature content and have laughed out loud a few times.

waiting for Rooftop Prince :whistling:

HAVA-RAVA

Post by HAVA-RAVA » Mar 23rd, '12, 19:05

Starting to watch Take Care Of The Young Lady ~~

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 23rd, '12, 21:44

12 Men in a Year, Dummy Mommy and Rooftop Prince added to the list.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 24th, '12, 00:42

Am I the only one who has "The King 2 Hearts" on the to watch list? OK for me its a no brainer, because of HJW and LSK, even thogh i don't like scenarios, which a similar to Goong.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 24th, '12, 00:51

finished shut up flower boy band and ten :cry: but added rooftop prince :w00t: and king2hearts as well as twelve men in a year.

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Mar 24th, '12, 06:31

The Kings 2 Heart is definitely on my watch list too.

trying to finish up 2011's City Hunter and The Moon Embracing The Sun

Deleted User 105108

Post by Deleted User 105108 » Mar 24th, '12, 08:01

I'm currently watching;

Padam Padam - On ep.10 waiting on subs to finish before resuming
Thank you - On ep.3
My girlfriend is a gumiho - On ep.9
The Fugitive Plan B - On ep.3
Bad Guy - On ep.1

Padam Padam
I had started Padam Padam and was going to give it up after the first episode but had nothing else to watch at the time so decided to give it a go. I am glad I did as I got hooked on it. I am going to wait for all the subs to be finished before finishing it off though as I hate watching one ep and then having to wait to see what happens. I have no patience like that ha ha! Jung Woo Sung is a great actor and you just have to root for him at every turn.

Thank you
This is supposed to be really good, but I just can;t get into it at the moment. It just isin't holding my attention.

I can't get enough of this. I wasn't that impressed with Shin Min Ah's performance in 'A Love to Kill', but am loving her in this. She plays the character really well.

The Fugitive Plan B
I just started watching this. Bi's pretty funny at the moment in this. Different from what I have seen him in in the past. Not a fan of Daniel H though, not sure how anyone else feels about him. He just has a smug feel to him.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 24th, '12, 08:58

Why are ou waiting for Padam Padam subs? The subs are completed since a few weeks or even months. I have them all in my computer.

Deleted User 105108

Post by Deleted User 105108 » Mar 24th, '12, 10:11

Silverman wrote:Why are ou waiting for Padam Padam subs? The subs are completed since a few weeks or even months. I have them all in my computer.
??? Where did you get them?? I could only find them on 1 site, DarkSmurfSubs, and there are only up to episode 11. They have machine translated subs done for all episodes but not Proper finished subs.

Would you be so kind to share them with me :w00t:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 24th, '12, 10:37

No public sharing of subs without subbers consent. D-A's policy, sorry. Use PM if you want.

Deleted User 105108

Post by Deleted User 105108 » Mar 24th, '12, 11:16

Ethlenn wrote:No public sharing of subs without subbers consent. D-A's policy, sorry. Use PM if you want.
No Problem. :thumright:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 26th, '12, 16:50

episode 13 of Wild Romance- I'm not sure what made me get this far but after finishing History of a Salaryman and Flowers for my Life it seems to have gone away so I might not finish

then 2 shows that I had put off in favor of others multiple times before that I like much more than I thought I would especially since the shows they're replacing are both now on my all time favorite list

Oh! My Lady- I think I'm starting to get over my dislike for Chae Rim, though I still say she ruined All About Eve

Family's Honor- the fact I like this as much as I do really surprises me as I've never been able to finish these long soap opera type dramas the longest drama I've ever watched is I really really like you and that's completely different but I think even though I've guessed the ending, after all the drama Park Shi Hoo, the cop, and the girl that was in the police station marry the Ha family member their associated with and everyone comes together as a family, right? also does anyone ever get Park Shi Hoo's sister the psychological help she needs?

also
Fashion King and The King2Hearts

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 27th, '12, 10:25

Finished Salaryman days ago and it was really good.

started "The Equator Man" and "Fashion King" I liked both of them but I know TEM will be my favourite. hope it does not disappoint in later eps. lee Hyun Woo is just such good actor. he sure will have a bright future. I saw him in Gyebaek (as young GB) and he was just sweet and adorable.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 27th, '12, 10:42

Them kid actors in Korea... in Rooftop... there are 2 little girls that are really amazing. :mrgreen:

Update: started on Equator Man.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 28th, '12, 16:05

Oh! My Girl
Family's Honor
High Kick 3- I like it it's nice and light which is what I wanted,
The King2Hearts
Fashion King- it's nice to see a K drama heroine who is smart enough to realize that if her stepmother is an evil **** she should avoid at all cost the spoiled step daughter is as well

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 28th, '12, 16:30

Ethlenn wrote:Them kid actors in Korea... in Rooftop... there are 2 little girls that are really amazing. :mrgreen:

Update: started on Equator Man.
Oh
dear
god.

Uhm Tae Woong in a new drama? This one is definitely on my watch list! I will wait for a few episodes to air(8 or-so) and then get all crazy over it. :wub:

I have Rooftop Prince in my mind aswell, but not sure when I'll watch it.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 28th, '12, 17:22

Sajen16 wrote:Fashion King- it's nice to see a K drama heroine who is smart enough to realize that if her stepmother is an evil **** she should avoid at all cost the spoiled step daughter is as well
Yes and I was hoping that her evil plans won't work out or the heroine won't stay a victim till near end (well, it's still too early to say this). FK does suffer from evil parents cliche in a bad way. that's can't be happening. I can see how and from who I am going to get annoyed and :cussing: but over all I am liking the drama because it has YAI :P

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Mar 28th, '12, 19:07

Dailies
High Kick 3, I Need A Fairy, I Live In Cheongdam-dong

Bi-weekly dramas
Fashion King, Love Rain, Rooftop Prince, The King 2 Hearts

Weekend drams
Dummy Mommy

I lost interest in quite a few shows either they had too similar characters/story lines or just overall became boring.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Mar 29th, '12, 02:51

Daily drama: Dear My Sister
Mon-Tues: Syndrome, The Super KPOP Survival
Weekend: Immortal Classic
Last edited by creidesca on Apr 10th, '12, 03:59, edited 1 time in total.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Mar 29th, '12, 04:37

Secret Investigation Record is currently rocking my world. :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 29th, '12, 23:11

Added Dummy Mummy and Mushin to the list. 8)

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 31st, '12, 02:22

High Kick 3
Tree With Deep Roots
Man of Honor

Fashion King- After episode four it's my fervent hope that the leading ladies become lesbian lovers and leave the men in the dust, I never liked Jung Jae Hyuk as he's a coward who can't stand up to his evil parent or is it parents, but I did like Kang Young Gul until the end when he just left Lee Ga Young there

King2Hearts

TriciaSaysss

Post by TriciaSaysss » Mar 31st, '12, 02:52

I like watching the older ones so that I won't have to wait for new episodes. But I am hooked on Fashion King so...
I am trying to hold off the wait by watching Me Too, Flower. Debating with myself about watching Secret Grading. Is it any good?

Btw, I am seriously losing my mind watching all these dramas day in and day out. LOL! can't get no work done. ;-/

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Mar 31st, '12, 17:46

I'm watching Boys Over Flowers again. It was my first Kdrama and I wasn't that into Korean dramas, so I couldn't enjoy it as much as I had to. So now I'm trying to like it more (and I actually do)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 31st, '12, 18:00

Jazzapple wrote:I'm watching Boys Over Flowers again. It was my first Kdrama and I wasn't that into Korean dramas, so I couldn't enjoy it as much as I had to. So now I'm trying to like it more (and I actually do)
Boys Over Flowers for the first drama... how unfortunate for you. :(

Watching now The Moon That Embraces The Sun. I am now watching 5th episode. And I think they overdid the kid actor part. It's way too long. I can't wait for the real part to begin. :mrgreen: But I do think that they chose the wrong male lead(adult). They should've gotten someone more mature. But we'll see.

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Apr 1st, '12, 13:41

Neliets wrote:
Jazzapple wrote:I'm watching Boys Over Flowers again. It was my first Kdrama and I wasn't that into Korean dramas, so I couldn't enjoy it as much as I had to. So now I'm trying to like it more (and I actually do)
Boys Over Flowers for the first drama... how unfortunate for you. :(
Yeah... I was kinda freaked out when the female lead started yelling... and didn't stop with yelling...
My first impression of the Korean language was not very good, I thought of it as very noisy.. :lol

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Apr 2nd, '12, 23:00

Just finished "The Moon That Embraces The Sun". Kim Soo Hyun is really good! :))

Now watching: "Rooftop Prince"

RainbowTurd

Post by RainbowTurd » Apr 3rd, '12, 00:27

Protect the boss!!

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Apr 3rd, '12, 21:39

Rooftop Prince - Episode 4 really helped with some of the issues I was having with this show.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 3rd, '12, 22:24

Since Im having a busy month,the only drama I'm watching is Rooftop Prince, not crazy about it though and still don't know where it's going aven after the 4th episode!This drama made me realise that I really like period dramas,so sad Ive watched few only but will watch more this summer !

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Apr 4th, '12, 05:48

Shut up Flower Boy Band- the name kept me away for awhile but I finally gave it a shot and the first episode was oddly compelling so I'll probably watch it, Byung Hee is a nutcase but Lee Min Ki is listed as a cameo for the first two episodes, so does something happen to him because that would suck

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 4th, '12, 14:59

Watching "Pink Lipstick" since a few weeks. Its not bad and i like the female lead. In a lot of aspects it is similar to "Temptation of Wife". The only bigger problem i have with this drama is, that it takes ~50 episodes to start the "real" plot of this drama, where ToW needed just 7-10. Until episode ~50 it's basically a prologue.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 4th, '12, 18:50

I have started The Moon That Embraces The Sun. It is interesting. But that's all. I am actually thinking of dropping it.

But what's with me recently? I have 7 dramas in my computer already downloaded and I have checked(first few episodes) out all of them and weirdly none of them I wanted to continue.

Those 7 are :
High Kick Through The Roof(it's a sitcom but still)
Comrades
Exhibition of Fireworks
La Dolce Vita
Love Story In Harvard
When It's At Night

And The Moon That Embraces The Sun.

I should find a really good drama somewhere... I WANT THE ADDICTIVE FEELING AGAIN.

Yeah... dropping 8 dramas is something I've never done, really. But I would want to watch them but it's so damn not interesting... I am now thinking whether to keep those dramas on my computer or delete them...

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 5th, '12, 01:58

I doubt that you will find addicting dramas. At least such addictive dramas, like "they used to be". It's not, that they become worse or less addictive. It's just, that you watched a lot of them. And there are just so much different plots and plotpartcombinations in a certain genre possible. So if you watched 30 romcoms, you basically will have a feeling, that you know it all and it's all so predictable every time you watch a new romcom.

If you want to have this addictive feeling again, then you can try the following things out:
-stop watching dramas for a while

-if you have to watch dramas, then just stop watching kdramas and just watch jdramas, twdramas, usdramas, whatever

-watch different dramas, than you usually prefer, even if you dislike a certain genre. So if you like romcoms and don't give a c**p about period dramas, then watch periodramas, or other dramas of genres you don't know. Through this you can get "fresh" feeling for a drama. The reason is, that especially kdramas (not all but most of them) are very typical for their genres and contain just certain "bricks". So f.e. in romcoms there is always this jerk and the lesbian truck driver who fight in the beginning and then love each other a.s.o. On the other hand romcoms don't contain "bricks" from period or detective-dramas and vice versa. So if you take a break from your usual genre, then you can perhaps find addicting dramas.

-watch dramas which you loved again. Except you watched this drama over and over(i for my part have no problems, since i watched every drama just once, except 2, but a few of the users have watched their favorite dramas 5+ times).

-try out the longer dramas, like Temptation of Wife, I am Happy, whatever. A lot of them are fun and you have stuff for weeks.

I hope at leas one of the advises will help you^^.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Apr 5th, '12, 04:33

Fashion King- I still think I like it I mean Ga Young has a brain which is new and exciting in Kdrama world and really so far the evil parents have had maybe 5 minutes of screen time and done nothing

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 5th, '12, 04:41

Silverman wrote:I doubt that you will find addicting dramas. At least such addictive dramas, like "they used to be". It's not, that they become worse or less addictive. It's just, that you watched a lot of them. And there are just so much different plots and plotpartcombinations in a certain genre possible. So if you watched 30 romcoms, you basically will have a feeling, that you know it all and it's all so predictable every time you watch a new romcom.

If you want to have this addictive feeling again, then you can try the following things out:
-stop watching dramas for a while

-if you have to watch dramas, then just stop watching kdramas and just watch jdramas, twdramas, usdramas, whatever

-watch different dramas, than you usually prefer, even if you dislike a certain genre. So if you like romcoms and don't give a c**p about period dramas, then watch periodramas, or other dramas of genres you don't know. Through this you can get "fresh" feeling for a drama. The reason is, that especially kdramas (not all but most of them) are very typical for their genres and contain just certain "bricks". So f.e. in romcoms there is always this jerk and the lesbian truck driver who fight in the beginning and then love each other a.s.o. On the other hand romcoms don't contain "bricks" from period or detective-dramas and vice versa. So if you take a break from your usual genre, then you can perhaps find addicting dramas.

-watch dramas which you loved again. Except you watched this drama over and over(i for my part have no problems, since i watched every drama just once, except 2, but a few of the users have watched their favorite dramas 5+ times).

-try out the longer dramas, like Temptation of Wife, I am Happy, whatever. A lot of them are fun and you have stuff for weeks.

I hope at leas one of the advises will help you^^.
Thanks for advice. This is basically what I always do, when I come to this state again(except for the long drama part).

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 5th, '12, 17:22

I am always watching several dramas at the same time. Some of them I just dip into for a few episodes and then I can generally see what is going on and what will happen so it doesn't matter if I miss an episode.
Right now I could say I am addicted to the Korean drama 'Wild Romance' When it started out I just wanted to see the next drama that Lee DongWook would be doing. I like him as an actor very much. He can do light comedy and deep dramas. Did not like the leading lady at all. However as it has gone along, the episodes have become so interesting and the slow progress of the emotional couplings have become very tricky and interesting. It is not just a romance at all, it is funny and now becoming a stark menacing mystery. Creepy people are emerging but the romance underneath it all is beginning to reveal itself.
I think it only has about sixteen episodes so it is a tight drama. Good cast.

I am trying to stay with Ahn Jae Wook in 'Light and Shadaws' It is quite historic of the times when Korea was in a bad situation from wars, including the Vietnam War. It does get a bit unpleasant but I think it reflects the actual way things were in Korea at that time.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 5th, '12, 21:14

I just wanna say that DSS started subbing "A wife's crendentials" *yyaaayy* , just in case you can help or you wanna watch it as bad as I do ! :offtopic:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '12, 21:17

I know hon, and I'm happy as you^^

TriciaSaysss

Post by TriciaSaysss » Apr 9th, '12, 04:47

FASHION KING!!! i am seriously addicted and the waiting is torture. Also I am about to watch Coffee House or Hwang Yin Ji. ^_^

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Apr 10th, '12, 00:18

I continue to be surprised and amazed by how much I like and enjoy Shut Up! Flower Boy Band I did not think I could possibly find another high school drama as awesome as Jungle Fish 2 but I think I might have been wrong

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 10th, '12, 01:20

I think I did a big mistake by starting "Syndrome", I watched 4 episodes continuouusly and I'am in love with that drama, I should be studying instead,damn why did I do this !

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Apr 10th, '12, 02:51

Sham26 wrote:I think I did a big mistake by starting "Syndrome", I watched 4 episodes continuouusly and I'am in love with that drama, I should be studying instead,damn why did I do this !
And *this*, ladies and gentleman, is why I have a self-imposed moratorium going on. I stave of withdrawal symptoms by coming to the board, reading dramabeans, and exposing unwitting classmates to kpop music videos.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 11th, '12, 09:21

Seems like I'm slowly getting into kdrama again. But then I think I'm still weird. Dropped Salaryman, TEN and Wild Romance cause i just couldn't get interested in the stories or characters.

Kept watching Mushin and checked out Rooftop, Immortal Classic and Dummy Mommy. Loving Yucheon and his gang. Really needed some lighter stuff. Dunno yet about the other 2. First eps were only so-so.

Anybody watching Equator Man? Like the cast but dunno about the story. Is it bearable or over the top?

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 11th, '12, 09:40

arakira wrote:
Anybody watching Equator Man? Like the cast but dunno about the story. Is it bearable or over the top?
I am watching TEM Ara-chan. I really don't know how to answer you. sometimes I find it really good and sometimes I find it over the top cliche. but I'm still watching and don't think I am going to drop it. I liked it when all characters were young but i can't say it was perfect. now that they all have grown up and started the revenge plot, it is getting more entertaining. but I do miss the young SW.

btw, you dropped Salaryman??? :blink Ori will kill you. :mrgreen:
I finished Salaryman and even though I liked it I can't say it was the perfect drama of 2012. It had its dragging moments that made me yawn too. :whistling:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 11th, '12, 09:54

Issy, well if you ladies were less tolerant everyone of u could kill me for what I dropped lately...
Dropped What's Up, Padam Padam and all your other fav dramas of the last year...Haha can't even remember the last one I finished. Sure Ori will forgive me and feel sorry for the poor gutterless old hag here :mrgreen:

Might check EQ out then. Got a little thing for UTW ever since Queen Seondeok.

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 15th, '12, 22:36

Finished Salaryman and I really liked it. The Script was great and the plot was full of surprises and I liked the characters and humor. Only thing I want to complain about was that like many other comedies it ended up being more dramatic in the last few episodes. I think it lost its original charm when that happened. Though, last episodes weren't that bad either. Oh, and I wanted to strangle Mo Gabi.... I'm so done with characters like her.

Started Rooftop Prince (well continued from first ep) and it seems nice. But again Yoochun got an annoying female lead as his pair. I wonder if her character is that typical annoying girl or is it her acting. (Like Han Ji Hye) Actually... wait... she's the same woman from Padam Padam. Didn't like her there either.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 15th, '12, 22:58

Viande wrote: Started Rooftop Prince (well continued from first ep) and it seems nice. But again Yoochun got an annoying female lead as his pair. I wonder if her character is that typical annoying girl or is it her acting. (Like Han Ji Hye) Actually... wait... she's the same woman from Padam Padam. Didn't like her there either.
I did not like the girl in Padam Padam too but somehow I found myself being OK with her in RTP.
:P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 16th, '12, 07:39

Please someone explain me why I'm watching Oh My Lady??? Do I need mindless stuff? Any Diva interview can do... :whistling:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 16th, '12, 07:54

Ethlenn wrote:Please someone explain me why I'm watching Oh My Lady??? Do I need mindless stuff? Any Diva interview can do... :whistling:
I think you're better off watching Feast of the Gods :P Fast forward to the hot looking cook Kim Do Yoon (aka Jae Min from thousand days promise) :P

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Apr 17th, '12, 20:57

Rooftop Prince - birth secrets, birth secrets. meh.

King 2 Hearts - What happened to soldier Kim Hang Ah, when did she become so wimpy? Also, certain secondary characters make parts of this show boring for me.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Apr 18th, '12, 01:01

Shut Up Flower Boy Band- I find the fact I like it so much somewhat disturbing

Peninsula- even though I loved Hwang Jung Min in That Fool and I've always liked Kim Jung Eun especially in Lovers in Paris I don't know about this one

Cloud Stairs

Fashion King- I still really like it I think because I love Ga Young I mean come on where else can you find a kdrama heroine with a brain, the fact that Shin Se Kyung is beautiful and a descent actress, she's not Ha Ji Won or Bae Doo Na but hey few people are, also even though he annoys me since sometimes it seems he likes Ga Young back and others it doesn't I like Young Gul too, Choi Anna and Jung Jae Hyuk on the other hand are both completely useless

The King2Hearts- I liked the first 6 episodes but also I knew that as awesome of a job as Lee Sung Min was doing Jae Kang was never the king of the title but now that he's dead the wait has become harder

Serienjunkie

Post by Serienjunkie » Apr 18th, '12, 11:54

The King 2 Hearts is actually my favorite. I cried so much in Ep 8. :cry:

Rooftop Prince is so silly funny. Sometimes over the top, sometimes i think, i will never stop laugh. :lol

Love Rain :wub:
I know, many people find this drama boring. But i don´t agree. Maybe the story develops at the beginning slowly, but the scenery is so beautiful.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 18th, '12, 18:09

Still watching "Syndrome",I am at ep 10 now and keep thinking about what will happen next, I like the female lead character and her love for her son,her strength, romaance ... everything about her, if I had the the remaining episodes donwloaded I'll definitely watch them in one go ! Love that drama,so sad there'aren't enough people watching it just to know what they think about it !
Rooftop Prince.
Started Dummy Mummy, WTF ! How can someone treat her sister like that ,I just wanted to slap her for that , and she deserves what happens to her, not sure if I'll keep watching it.Most of the characters are cruel that it scares me !

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 18th, '12, 18:46

I am thinking of dropping Dummy Mummy. Same reason as above! I just can't understand the cruelty that is happening in this drama and specially to someone with mental problems. Plus, after 8 eps I still can't sympathise with the main lead and she is most of times angry and shouting. I too see her totally deserving what's happening to her. There is no reason in the world to justify her cruelty and angry manners!

I am still watching Rooftop Prince, The Equator Man and Fashion King.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Apr 20th, '12, 04:45

Sham26 wrote:Still watching "Syndrome",I am at ep 10 now and keep thinking about what will happen next, I like the female lead character and her love for her son,her strength, romaance ... everything about her, if I had the the remaining episodes donwloaded I'll definitely watch them in one go ! Love that drama,so sad there'aren't enough people watching it just to know what they think about it !
It's even harder when those of us watching are on different episodes. Those who understand Chinese watch the C-subs, which are well ahead of the E-subs. And those who are following the drama as it aired in Korea. The thread at soompi is full of spoiler posts. And then there are some who are unable to obtain the KOR rips for EP 9-14 (to which the darksmurfsubs are timed to) so have had to stop watching the drama. But darksmurfsubs has the option to sync the subs for oneself. I'm guessing not many understand how to use that function. I don't have the KOR rips for those episodes, but have been syncing the subs to the Khai rips using the darksmurfsubs "adjust time & download" function.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 21st, '12, 00:53

creidesca wrote: The thread at soompi is full of spoiler posts. And then there are some who are unable to obtain the KOR rips for EP 9-14 (to which the darksmurfsubs are timed to) so have had to stop watching the drama. But darksmurfsubs has the option to sync the subs for oneself. I'm guessing not many understand how to use that function. I don't have the KOR rips for those episodes, but have been syncing the subs to the Khai rips using the darksmurfsubs "adjust time & download" function.
Yeah I've read some spoilers there and there are few people there too and it doesn't have to watch the same number of episodes to say that a drama is good or not in my opinion.
I use VLC to sync the subs, it takes me few seconds !
Glad to see your comment btw :cheers:

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Apr 21st, '12, 04:30

Sham26 wrote:
creidesca wrote: Yeah I've read some spoilers there and there are few people there too and it doesn't have to watch the same number of episodes to say that a drama is good or not in my opinion.
I use VLC to sync the subs, it takes me few seconds !
Glad to see your comment btw :cheers:
It's not fun responding to only yourself in a thread. I've started threads over at CJK where I am the only poster. Gets tiring. When all episodes are subbed I plan to do a rewatch of Syndrome just to see if any of my original perceptions of characters have changed. For all that Tae-Jin has done, I still pity the man.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 21st, '12, 05:18

creidesca wrote:
It's not fun responding to only yourself in a thread. I've started threads over at CJK where I am the only poster. Gets tiring. When all episodes are subbed I plan to do a rewatch of Syndrome just to see if any of my original perceptions of characters have changed. For all that Tae-Jin has done, I still pity the man.
CJK ? I can join :D
Well I don't pity him at all, he's so numb and heartless !

Ive just finished "Chilling Romance" and OMG! Lee Min Ki 's so gooooooooooood,I'm stil guttering , need to watch more ! OMG it's 5 am , should get some sleep!
Have a nice day : )

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 21st, '12, 07:24

Sham26 wrote: Ive just finished "Chilling Romance" and OMG! Lee Min Ki 's so gooooooooooood,I'm stil guttering , need to watch more ! OMG it's 5 am , should get some sleep!
Have a nice day : )
He's good but skeleton a bit too much for my taste. He lost his nice arms. The movie is a mess though.

Why all nice dramas are medical ones? Brain, Coma, now Syndrome. Are they showing tubes during surgeries? I don't mind the blood and guts, all I can't stand are those tubes.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Apr 21st, '12, 14:19

Ethlenn wrote: He's good but skeleton a bit too much for my taste. He lost his nice arms. The movie is a mess though.
I wonder of his pronounced "weight loss" has anything to do with the bone deteriorating disorder he was diagnosed with around 2007 (when he was in KBS' MIA)?

He's still my favorite actor. I wonder if he'll ever participate in a saeguk (movie or tv drama)
Why all nice dramas are medical ones? Brain, Coma, now Syndrome. Are they showing tubes during surgeries? I don't mind the blood and guts, all I can't stand are those tubes.
I don't think I noticed the tubes while watching Syndrome. I was more worried about the blood and guts, but was able to sit through the surgery scenes.

All those flashback scenes we get to see of Tae-jin, especially with his love Hee-Yeon tells so much about him before his marriage alliance with Eun-hee. I got the chance to read through EP 1 subtitles (with most of the edits completed) and I couldn't believe that Eun-hee, when she found out about his mother's disorder, demanded that he resign from the hospital and go away! Her asking for a divorce was reasonable, but that other one was just completely outrageous, putting the man into a corner.

I'm continuing to watch Immortal Classic. I don't know what it's trying to be, a mash-up of food and medicine? And throw in birth secrets? But the director did a splendid job with the flashback sequences in last week's episodes concerning Hwang Geum Hee's "parents".

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 21st, '12, 18:43

creidesca wrote: I wonder of his pronounced "weight loss" has anything to do with the bone deteriorating disorder he was diagnosed with around 2007 (when he was in KBS' MIA)?
He's still my favorite actor. I wonder if he'll ever participate in a saeguk (movie or tv drama)
Nell video made it obvious, he's terribly unhealthy looking. That smile doesn't help.
Sageuk would be nice, but usually they are strenuous to shoot so...

Thanks for the Syndrome clarification, will give it a try. :salut: