What kdrama are you currently watching? (Part 2)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
HAVA-RAVA

Post by HAVA-RAVA » Apr 21st, '12, 20:16

Just started to watch Miss Ripley

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 21st, '12, 20:34

Sham26 wrote: Ive just finished "Chilling Romance" and OMG! Lee Min Ki 's so gooooooooooood,I'm stil guttering , need to watch more ! OMG it's 5 am , should get some sleep!
Have a nice day : )
He's good but skeleton a bit too much for my taste. He lost his nice arms. The movie is a mess though.[/quote]
The lips aren't enough? Sure the movie is a mess, adding humor to horror is crazy, had some funny moments though!
Ethlenn wrote:Why all nice dramas are medical ones? Brain, Coma, now Syndrome. Are they showing tubes during surgeries? I don't mind the blood and guts, all I can't stand are those tubes.
I heart medical kdramas ,"Sign" was about autopsies and was great,"Surgeon Bong dal hee" still my fav medical drama, may be because it was the first one I watched !
"Syndrome" doesn't show tubes, not even too much blood since it's about neurosurgeries,
creidesca wrote:All those flashback scenes we get to see of Tae-jin, especially with his love Hee-Yeon tells so much about him before his marriage alliance with Eun-hee. I got the chance to read through EP 1 subtitles (with most of the edits completed) and I couldn't believe that Eun-hee, when she found out about his mother's disorder, demanded that he resign from the hospital and go away! Her asking for a divorce was reasonable, but that other one was just completely outrageous, putting the man into a corner
Didn't know that she asked him to leave the hospital ,I thought she foiund a good reason to get a divorce, actually that was the only scene when I pitied him , he was so franc !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 21st, '12, 20:45

Sham26 wrote: The lips aren't enough? Sure the movie is a mess, adding humor to horror is crazy, had some funny moments though!
!
ou have no idea how many times I watched Nell's 1080p version of that vid. the song is good but the vid....

OK, since there are no tubes, I will start this tomorrow. But if I see them, I'll dig you up even in hell... :mrgreen:

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Apr 22nd, '12, 04:12

Sham26 wrote: Didn't know that she asked him to leave the hospital ,I thought she foiund a good reason to get a divorce, actually that was the only scene when I pitied him , he was so franc !
When EP 1 wasn't completely translated, this was one of the scenes that had incomprehensible lines. I had thought all she asked was for a divorce. But right after that, if you go read the translations (by clicking on help edit this episode) for that scene she also tells him to resign and leave quietly as if he had done something wrong. Of course, this is basing on English translations of Chinese subs.

However, Darksmurfsub has recently updated to include a second version of English subs based on better quality Chinese subtitles of another source. Wonder how the scene is translated by this source.

The Darksmurfsub team is asking for input on which version translators/viewers would/will like to be using.
CJK ? I can join :D
You should see my latest thread there, on a Chinese drama titled "Look at Flower in Fog" revolving around the antique/curio world and forged pieces. I think I've made two posts there so far. Am mad I didn't have enough tape to record the final moments of EP 10. Missed it in the original broadcast and again in a 2nd re-airing. Hopefully, nothing too important.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 22nd, '12, 10:54

Added 9 End 2 Outs to the list. This drama is soo good.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Apr 23rd, '12, 10:28

watching 'Smile You' and I like it so far ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 24th, '12, 16:59

Why no one told me Syndrome has Park Gun Hyung?? In my aversion to med dramas I didn't even bother to look the cast up, nor the poster. Fuuuuu... Now I have to watch it.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 24th, '12, 23:47

Waiting for the last episodes of Rooftop Prince, King2Hearts, Equator Man and Dummy mommy(i watch only finished dramas) Until then i will give Assorted Gems a chance.
btw does anybody know how many episode "Can Love Become Money?" has (wiki doesn't know it)?

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 24th, '12, 23:51

I started watching Syndrome because I love medical dramas too. but after ep1, I am wondering shall I continue watching it or nor?
it feels like a cheap version of "Brain" and I really don't know why they have decided to do a very similar drama about neurosurgery when one was done just months ago and to much better quality. I don't know how the storyline will unfold in future but there were certain points that made me not to take this drama very seriously and it's mostly a medical issues. Like patients coming out of operation room with their heads intact and not even bandaged, with full head of hair, patient waking up next day after removing brain tumour as if they just have woke up from sleep...
I am not trying to do any nitpicking here but Medical drama is different from other dramas. You need to make them very realistic for people to take them seriously. a dramatic storyline on its own won't do! of course some will say that we are not watching it to see full/correct medical surgeries and procedures but how else a medical dramas can be called as such without them? :scratch:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 25th, '12, 00:16

Silverman wrote: btw does anybody know how many episode "Can Love Become Money?" has (wiki doesn't know it)?
Can Love Become Money is going to be 20 episodes but I read earlier that Equator Man got extended to 24 episodes because 1. rating are getting better and 2. Bridal Mask had an bus accident so they probably needed more time.

But none the less I'll start watching some epi's this weekend and catch up with Rooftop Prince. For the longest time I've had Goong on my computer and damn it I will watch it this week.... :blink

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Apr 25th, '12, 01:12

Issy wrote:I started watching Syndrome because I love medical dramas too. but after ep1, I am wondering shall I continue watching it or nor?
it feels like a cheap version of "Brain" and I really don't know why they have decided to do a very similar drama about neurosurgery when one was done just months ago and to much better quality. I don't know how the storyline will unfold in future but there were certain points that made me not to take this drama very seriously and it's mostly a medical issues. Like patients coming out of operation room with their heads intact and not even bandaged, with full head of hair, patient waking up next day after removing brain tumour as if they just have woke up from sleep...
I am not trying to do any nitpicking here but Medical drama is different from other dramas. You need to make them very realistic for people to take them seriously. a dramatic storyline on its own won't do! of course some will say that we are not watching it to see full/correct medical surgeries and procedures but how else a medical dramas can be called as such without them? :scratch:
Personally, I don't think Syndrome is anything like Brain. The only similarity is that both dramas deals with neurosurgery. I think what attracted me to the drama besides the cast was that I had also liked the J-drama, Midnight Rain (a medical drama with thriller elements dealing with a family at the hierarchy of a hospital). Ratings for EP 1-4 in Korea are indicative of your sentiments, as many didn't know the direction of the drama. But by the end of EP 4 and on, ratings increased right up to the final episode. The later medical related surgeries/scenes are much more credible. With awake brain surgery, recovery time is shortened, so I can understand she being up by the next afternoon, as predicted by her neurosurgery husband (her character being the head of anesthesiology); she's still in patient attire for several days after by the end of EP 2. But yes, I understand how you feel about the full head of hair/piece of bandage. The production should have done a better job with that. Could be a major reason why ratings dropped right after EP 1. Yet the drama managed to double its ratings by its final episode.

Argh, May is coming soon and I won't have time for any K-drama. Hate taking a class during Spring Intercession, even if I love the topic. Just how much can be absorbed in a month's worth of lecture and lab for Microbiology, when the usual course spans over 2-3 months?

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 25th, '12, 09:26

creidesca wrote: Personally, I don't think Syndrome is anything like Brain. The only similarity is that both dramas deals with neurosurgery. I think what attracted me to the drama besides the cast was that I had also liked the J-drama, Midnight Rain (a medical drama with thriller elements dealing with a family at the hierarchy of a hospital). Ratings for EP 1-4 in Korea are indicative of your sentiments, as many didn't know the direction of the drama. But by the end of EP 4 and on, ratings increased right up to the final episode. The later medical related surgeries/scenes are much more credible. With awake brain surgery, recovery time is shortened, so I can understand she being up by the next afternoon, as predicted by her neurosurgery husband (her character being the head of anesthesiology); she's still in patient attire for several days after by the end of EP 2. But yes, I understand how you feel about the full head of hair/piece of bandage. The production should have done a better job with that. Could be a major reason why ratings dropped right after EP 1. Yet the drama managed to double its ratings by its final episode.
So basically the story gets better after ep4? I should continue watching and see then.
btw, lousy production, means they are not respecting viewers intelligence and does ruin the drama for me. no matter how great a storyline is. You just can't help of a drama where it was done much better and more realistic and start comparing.
:whistling:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 25th, '12, 12:20

creidesca wrote: Argh, May is coming soon and I won't have time for any K-drama. Hate taking a class during Spring Intercession, even if I love the topic. Just how much can be absorbed in a month's worth of lecture and lab for Microbiology, when the usual course spans over 2-3 months?
Just make a learning catalog with a mixture of short definitions and long definitions and then it's not a problem^^.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 25th, '12, 16:58

Issy wrote:I started watching Syndrome because I love medical dramas too. but after ep1, I am wondering shall I continue watching it or nor?
I'm currently watching it on and off. Frankly, it's pretty dumb. There's way better neurosurgery dramas out there. The drama is draggy and use all the cliches of kdrama. If you want neurosurgery, I would say TVB's "on call 36 hours" is way better.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Apr 26th, '12, 01:13

I've adopted a new system for watching K-dramas. Up to now, I've carefully chosen dramas based on storyline, genre and to a lesser extent, the starring actors. Once I made my choice, I would heroically try to stick it out to the end, uneasy feelings that I was wasting my time be damned. I know wiser souls in this forum have cautioned against this, but I was too stubborn to heed.
Now I take a "scattergun" approach. No drama (well, almost no drama) is discriminated against. I go down the list of latest releases (easy to do thanks to Drama Fever), sampling the first episodes one after the other until something clicks. I am having a blast!
Often, a show will get the "goong!" after episode one. No regrets, I'm moving on. Sometimes a show will last longer (Love Rain - 4 eps, Giant - 9 eps) before it gets the "goong!" Again, I don't feel regrets. Sometimes I get a real surpise - Little Mother Scandal 2 - trashy, trashy fun. Wouldn't have touched it if I were being picky.
I'm in a quandry now - really hated ep 1 of History of a Salaryman, but the good reviews here are very compelling. I call it "dialing for K-dorama dollars" :D .
Please excuse my oh-so-obvious epiphany, but my drama experience has gone up several notches and I am very pleased.

xszyx

Post by xszyx » Apr 28th, '12, 02:58

watching playful kiss at the moment! ^-^ cute! <3

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Apr 28th, '12, 05:47

Recovering from a temporary loss of taste and I've picked up History of the Salaryman again.

:notworthy: Korean drama - you are being so good to me these days :notworthy:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 28th, '12, 13:39

Watched "Into the sun". Until ep ~15 it was a good ol' kdrama, wich wasn't special, but also not bad. But in the last 5 episodes the two mainleads achieved it to jump into my top 3 "dumbest and most annoying drama-characters ever" Until now on the pole position was th female lead of "Family's Honor" and in the second place was the female lead from "Women of our home", while the third place wasn't inhabited. But now the 2 leads of Into the sun took the crown. Why? Well:
The fiance of the female lead died prior the beginning of the drama in a car accident. The first male lead was present at the time of the accident and at the point of episode 14-15 the female lead came to know it and couldn't face the first male lead because he reminded her of her fiance every time she looked at him, so the broke up. Bt they still loved each other. Ok so far its frustration but understandable. But here come the things which made the to leads the king and queen of dumb and annoying. The father of the female lead dies and the second male lead was present and he lied to her and said, that the fathers last wish was, that the first female lead marries the male second lead. Well she decides to marry him, but this is so ridiculous:

The second male lead tried to rape her not too long ago
She thinks he is sleazy and annoying
He is obsessive
He is very aggressive
She loves an another man

Each of these reasons would be enough not to marry him, but noo she wants to fulfill her fathers wish...
Now the first male lead is just as dumb. He has the real last will of her father on tape, where the father gives the first female and male lead his blessings. But the first male lead wants, that she choose him without this...
He has evidence that the second lead "killed" the fiance. But because He doesn't want her to be shocked, he choses not to tell her. And in the end he doesn't even try to stop the wedding and just sneaks around her and looks sad and teary...and then he goes away...
So to summarize: he doesn't want to shock the first female lead and wants that she comes back to him without outer influence...but he does nothing. But he also lets her marry an obsessive, sleazy, lying, aggressive, mad murderer, while he has all the knowledge and evidence to cancel the wedding and get the girl? I hate dramas, where one of the characters just needs to say one sentence to defeat the villain, but doesn't ...just because...you know the drama has to last a few episodes more.
And again sorry for trolling.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 30th, '12, 05:12

xszyx wrote:watching playful kiss at the moment! ^-^ cute! <3
I like kim hyun joong in SS5501 and even like him as a solo artist somewhat but as an actor....just kill me now. I think the female character was better than the taiwanese version but ......this drama was not great or even passable for me but good luck with it.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 30th, '12, 12:48

Added Queen Inhyun's Man on watching list.
Was not very impressed with ep 1 as I did not like the way it was filmed ( telling old Joseon times story in two three popping out windows is just not a right way to film) but ep2 got me hooked.
It's another time travel drama and was constantly comparing it with RTP but you can see it is well much better written and much more mature and grown up.

Syndrome is on hold for a while ( with high possibility of dropping) as I really was not impressed with anything in the show. From cast to production, they were all let down really.
RTP reading caps and spoilers mostly because I find it silly to get my blood boil over its antagonist characters who are not smart but only there to annoy you.

The Equator Man and Fashion King are the two dramas I am really looking forward to watch each week and they have kept me entertained so far even with their short comings.
And I really want to make a start on Mushin anytime soon.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Apr 30th, '12, 12:52

started watching Rooftop prince :)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 30th, '12, 19:16

I dropped all kdramas for few weeks. I was re-watching American Tv-series Friends for like 4th time(all 10 seasons) and I still loved it. And watched latest season(which hadn't aired when I finished it) of Big Bang Theory. And loved it, too.
But today I though - ahh, I have nothing else to watch or re-watch, I'll just start Rooftop Prince. I've watched first 5 episodes of it and it's marvelous, yet I feel like watching USA TV-series a bit more, but I couldn't find anything that I felt like watching.

I am very sad that I can't enjoy Rooftop Prince as much as it deserves. It's really funny and interesting.

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Apr 30th, '12, 21:14

Queen In-hyun's Man
- I like how we've had several time travel related dramas lately and well for the most part QIHM is taking a new/fresh approach to it while still hanging on to the tried and true drama antics.
- On another forum we've been trying to figure out the limitations the main male characters (Boong Do) ability to travel back and forth in time. More than anything just throwing out random guesses and then seeing whether or not they come to fruition makes the weekly wait all the more fun.
- If you haven't watched the series it's not too late to start.

An Angel's Choice | Welcome Rain to My Life
- Unfortunately these are your standard dailies full of revenge, awful characters, unrealistic situations, you know the norm these days. I had hopes that one of these would be something new/fresh but as of now episodes 21/20 respectively these two are closer to a miss than a hit.

leighluv

Post by leighluv » May 1st, '12, 02:36

Just finished Skip Beat (I know its Tawianese, but Siwon and Donghae are in it....had to watch): I like it up until the last episode, felt unfinished
Padam Padam: tried to watch it, can't get pass the first episode
Watched Dream High 2: i like the first one much better, but this was okay. I kept wanting more from the characters.
These are only a few that's I've watched in the last few months.
I seen a total of 21 drama,,,,lol so many!

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » May 1st, '12, 03:42

Rooftop Prince, King 2 Hearts, and Swallow the Sun.
Am I the only one who prefers King 2 Hearts over Rooftop Prince??

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » May 1st, '12, 15:45

Neliets if you like sci fi paranormal type stuff fringe is really good. Game of thrones is quite good as well. I am able to watch both online but I don't know if those are available where you live. Big Bang theory is my favorite sitcom. quite funny isn't it :lol
finished twelve men in a year
a bit of an open ending but was glad she was with author guy for now and not her ex.
I enjoyed this more mature drama.

still watching glowing she and a bit bored but it's only 1 ep a week so i will probably keep watching since i am already this far into it.

Equator man has me totally hooked although it was pretty hard for me to get over the time jump(those who have watched should know what I mean)
In the beginning of ep 1 Sun Woo and Jang Il were all grown up and then it goes back in time like 15 years to when they were 18 or 19 years old and then when Sun Woo wakes up from his coma he and Jang il look the same as they did at beginning so I thought it was 15 years later(they would be in their 30's) but it was only like 1 year or something?(they were never really clear). I was like WTF? talk about confusing. Apparently the kids are the only ones who aged. their parents all look exactly the same. Why not just keep the teen actors for a little while longer? It makes a lot more sense especially when they do another time jump shortly after to 10 years later. They could have changed the actors then. Totally mind boggling.
Aside from that I really love it so I made myself get over it.
Uhm Tae Woong is totally convincing as a blind man and Lee Joon Hyuk is good as well...making me hate him and feel sorry(only a little) for him at the same time.
of course still loving rtp. Still managing to watch king2hearts but not really into it. It's my time filler. has its cute moments too though.

started k-pop survival and totally a cracktastic drama for me. I like the chemistry between the leads. Very cute together. The story line is of course nothing original and cliche but I like most of the characters and female lead is actually a strong, funny and a tomboy instead of a doormat who cries at the drop of a hat. I can't believe how much Park Yoohwan looks like his brother and the female lead and her brother look so much alike too. It was funny hearing her call him oppa when she is older than him. :lol

added Queen in hyun's man and am enjoying it.
needed even more to watch since ive been sick and started hello my teacher. like it so far. still waiting for subs for the marriage plot and standby. :salut:

Issy

Post by Issy » May 1st, '12, 16:15

@jubies33

I am seriously hooked on The Equator Man too. The only drama making me count days each week to see it. It has many flaws and plot holes and even leaves you wondering "I am I watching the best dramas of the season or one of crappiest?" sometimes, but still it's very entertaining and addictive. I have never seen UTW in any drama before and started TEM for LJH (because I liked him as prosecutor in City Hunter), but now I am totally fallen for him. his portrayal of blind SW was so convincing and real. and now that they have added 4 more eps, I am really happy. I just hope it does not make it too draggy.

Edit: watched 5 eps of Yaksha (OCN 2010) back to back last night. It's made in the same style of Chuno and it has lots of CGIs of people getting cut with lots of blood :mrgreen: ( I don't dig these but I don't mind it either). It kept me wanting more. As it is only 12 eps I am pretty sure I will finish it today or tomorrow. 8)

darynrose

Post by darynrose » May 2nd, '12, 15:44

*Silent reader mode off*

Currently watching The King 2 Hearts, Rooftop Prince and my current fav, Queen In Hyun's Man. I agree with semi-fly about her comments on QIHM. And Kim Boong Do's charm = :wub:

*Silent reader mode on*

Lucko

Post by Lucko » May 3rd, '12, 17:27

I'm watching Rooftop Prince and Love Rain

LOVE LOVE LOVE Rooftop Prince. It's so refreshing and funny
but it's somehow mysterious and not preditable, too. I'm so curious how everything is going to be rescued.

I pretty much enjoy Love Rain, too! it's not so mysterious but it's pretty predictable..
but at the same time it's enjoyful and relaxing to watch.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 3rd, '12, 22:57

Not really watching with great fervor but I am keeping an eye on several on TV.

Lights and shadow is pretty good and a most interesting time period in Korea.

Rooftop Prince. Not quite up to the usual high standard but it is funny at times.

Equator Man is going to become more amd more interesting as it goes along. Uhm Tae Woong really doing a great role and doing it so well. He really is a good actor. I am always surprised when I see what a dork he is on '2 Days 1 Night' and then he gives such drama when he is acting for real in a film or drama.

Dream High 2...such a letdown. Not a good direction for any of the idol stars who never get the chance to really show what they can do. The ending is like a fish net which needs mending.

I am trying to understand the story of 'Can Love Make Money' It does not have subs altho I am sure I will find it somewhere. It looks like a good cast and for sure the story is intricate.

I did not catch the beginning of 'History of a Salaryman' so now it is somewhat bewildering to try and understand. Good cast. Is it a farce? Unusual for Korean drama.

Today I rewatched, for the umpteenth time,, 'Antique' Not sure if that is drama or film but it is so lovely. I love the cast, especially the two leads and the story is fascinating. the direction is sharp. I love it every time...Like bubblesa in the blue sky until a dark cloud goes by now and then. Good contrast.
But there is one thing that I can never quite understand towards the end. You have to watch it and see if you also get the puzzle. Can you work it out? I will always watch and wonder what really happened.

I could never eat those delicious cakes anymore but I do remember how they tasted when I lived where they could really make them.

It also reminded me when I first came to NYC and there was a new delicacy of which I had never heard . I found a place that could make a perfect Boston Cream Pie. But no more...that was a hundred years ago. they don't make things like that anymore.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 4th, '12, 20:32

Dropped both Syndrome and Brain. Personal reasons, although they were good. No medical dramas for me. Ever.

Finishing A Thousands Days' Promise and added Queen Inhyun's Man to the list. King 2Hearts bored the socks out of me with the first episode, so it's not even dropping it. The same goes for Fashion King, YAI mannerism is awful.
Waiting for another Holy Land episode to decide.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » May 5th, '12, 06:27

just dropped Fashion King after 10 episodes the two characters I liked at first Kang Young Gul and Lee Ga Young now annoy me more than the two useless idiots played by Lee Je Hoon and Kwon Yu Ri .

still watching

King2Hearts- I love this one Ha Ji Won is her usual wonderful self and I've never been more impressed by Lee Seung Gi

just started

Taereung National Village- I think I prefer Lee Min Ki in small doses he was o.k. in I really really like you but absolutely brilliant in his two episode cameo in Shut Up Flower Boy Band, since this is 8 half hour episodes should be great, also even if we never see him again seeing Lee Sun Gyun at the beginning of episode 2 makes the whole series worth it

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 5th, '12, 17:15

Ethlenn wrote:Dropped both Syndrome and Brain. Personal reasons, although they were good. No medical dramas for me. Ever.
You're kidding? How can you claim they're good if you haven't watched them? I personally love medical dramas but Syndrome is the worst one I've seen so far. I've seen stories of corrupt hospitals, but there's always the good guys fighting very hard for it. But this takes the cake.
1) A director who has no value of life. She even takes illegal drugs to recoup her face recognition ability and is willing to trade her life for it. Her tumour might come back if she takes it. She totally seems to ignore that and prefers either having total ability or die.

2) She rather give up her director seat so she can hide the fact her father was doing experiments on patients so she can protect the hospital.

3) She hides the fact her husband is doing experiments on people because she wants to protect her director's seat. Which she was willing to give up for to protect the hospital's reputation so her husband can keep doing his experiments.

4) She claims she's going to bring him down but she doesn't seem to do anything other than sit inside her room and stare around her.

5) Husband's bastard son is trying to bring him down and wants to expose him, but she claims she needs to find evidence. So far, he's the only one doing all the research to find it. She doesn't seem to do crap except sit in her room. She doesn't even know her husband had a bastard son until she was told. She's doing wonderful research *sarcasm*

6) The brother doesn't seem to follow doctor's practices and malpractices but he still believes he should get the directors seat.

7) The older interns give the first year interns a hard time by torturing them. Feeding food they dislike the most and don't give them a place to sleep. Is this university frosh? Or are they really doctors trying to bring the young ones up as proper doctors?

8) The third year cardiac doctor shows his power on forcing first year Neurosurgery doctors but using their status. "I know better than you". Although a patient came in with headaches, she complained of pain in her chest as well. First year doctor suggest to do bring her to cardiac doctor but cardiac insists she has brain problems and not heart problems. He refuses to to check it out and told them to monitor her brain issue and wait it out. So a patients life is worthless against a doctor's self esteem? Or is the doctor just incompetent and shouldn't even have graduated? If a situation like that, even a person who doesn't know anything about medicine knows she should be checked out both brain and chest/heart area. And although the first year I know is suffering because he's just been bombarded with secrets, but he has a responsibility. If he can't concentrate on his work, he should sit it out. But he puts his problems ahead of his patients. That's wrong.

9) Did I mention the head of cardiac was trying to protect the third year too? And they had a whole meeting on it and blah blah blah. Frankly, there shouldn't be a discussion on it. Who is wrong and right is straight forward. If he's trying to protect his students, he's just as corrupted as his student. What a stupid script.
The whole family is screwed up and most of the doctors in the too. The hospital should be shutdown IMO. That's not a hospital. It's Frankenstein house.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 5th, '12, 17:18

seirin wrote:
Ethlenn wrote:Dropped both Syndrome and Brain. Personal reasons, although they were good. No medical dramas for me. Ever.
You're kidding? How can you claim they're good if you haven't watched them?
I watched 5 episodes of each of them, to make things clear, so yes, I can say whether they're good or not. I wrote "dropped" not "avoided".

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 5th, '12, 19:14

Ethlenn wrote:
seirin wrote:
You're kidding? How can you claim they're good if you haven't watched them?
I watched 5 episodes of each of them, to make things clear, so yes, I can say whether they're good or not. I wrote "dropped" not "avoided".
You said you stopped watching for personal reasons and not because the story isn't good. It's a long drama, you can't really tell if the story is good or not by watching 5 episodes. I hung on and watched to episode 15 or so of syndome and finally couldn't take the absurd writing anymore. No such hospitals operates like this. If they did I think they would have been shut down and I can't imagine so many crappy doctors working in the same hospital who don't deserve a license.

Morphin

Post by Morphin » May 5th, '12, 19:32

Actually i'm following those dramas :
- King 2 Heart
- Fashion King
- Rooftop Prince
- Sent from Heaven
- Just You

And i'm thinking of rewatching Taht Fool and Second Proposal (just for Oh Ji Ho... anyone know where to find Stranger 6 with english subs ?)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 5th, '12, 21:41

I finished 12th episode of Rooftop Prince yesterday. Waiting for last 2 episodes to air and then I'll watch the rest.

And spontaneously downloaded Invincible Parachute Agent yesterday. Right from the very first episode I liked it. And... Guess what... I just finished it. It has been quite a while since I've watched a drama in 2 days. It was really good and I loved it.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 6th, '12, 00:50

Neliets wrote:I finished 12th episode of Rooftop Prince yesterday. Waiting for last 2 episodes to air and then I'll watch the rest.

And spontaneously downloaded Invincible Parachute Agent yesterday. Right from the very first episode I liked it. And... Guess what... I just finished it. It has been quite a while since I've watched a drama in 2 days. It was really good and I loved it.
Rooftop prince has 20 episodes. You might as well watch it. If you're gonna wait for next 2 episodes, it won't be ending for another few weeks.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 6th, '12, 07:38

seirin wrote:
Neliets wrote:I finished 12th episode of Rooftop Prince yesterday. Waiting for last 2 episodes to air and then I'll watch the rest.

Rooftop prince has 20 episodes. You might as well watch it. If you're gonna wait for next 2 episodes, it won't be ending for another few weeks.
Ok, thanks. I thought it would be 16 episodes. :D

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 6th, '12, 08:03

finished catching up with Rooftop Prince and now watching Paradise Ranch :)

rootabega

Post by rootabega » May 7th, '12, 01:37

Just started Tree with Deep Roots and it looks very strong so far.
I am having a bit of trouble finishing the first ep of Queen In Seon's Man. Not crazy about the editing style or the actor playing the modern lead. I know a lot of viewers find him charming and sexy, but I'm just thinking "yuk". The time-travelling Joseon lead is very fine, however.
Still onboard for Rooftop Prince, but my interest level has been dropping steadily since about ep 8. Still, I would glady re-watch the first eps since the laughs were absolutely outstanding.
Netliets, would a Fugitive Plan B fan like myself enjoy Parachute Man? Damn, FPB was entertaining, and wasn't even watching because of Bi. :P Or is it more of a Iris-type deal?

Issy

Post by Issy » May 7th, '12, 04:08

rootabega wrote:Just started Tree with Deep Roots and it looks very strong so far.
I am having a bit of trouble finishing the first ep of Queen In Seon's Man. Not crazy about the editing style or the actor playing the modern lead. I know a lot of viewers find him charming and sexy, but I'm just thinking "yuk". The time-travelling Joseon lead is very fine
You mean "Queen In Hyun's Man". Queen In Soo is an entirely different drama and it has nothing to do with time travel what so ever. :whistling:
Also the main lead is the same guy in modern and Joseon era. So you must mean the second lead guy?
Unlike others I also did not like the editing style and "so many windows on your screen" filming style. It gave me headache and I thought it was over done. It's fine to show two different stories at one time but when it came to same story and same era I thought it was over the top. Sometimes less is more!

Apart from that, I am totally and utterly in love with QIHM. Now I really can see that it has nothing in common with RTP (except the obvious one of course) and it's much better written with cutest OTP ever. All scenes between main leads are so heart meltingly cute and there are tones of chemistry between them.

Finished Yaksha and it was a badly done copy of Chuno. But me being so easily pleased with rugged handsome warrior characters in sageuks was hooked on it the whole time and as it was only 12 eps, I watched it in 2 days. :mrgreen:

Still watching Fashion King and Ths Equator Man with FK being the least favourite ( storylines are getting annoying but YAI is so fun to watch) and TEM the most favourite ( I am finding myself very attracted to UTW for some weeks now)

rootabega

Post by rootabega » May 7th, '12, 15:49

Issy:
Holy cow! I screwed up just about everything up in my post. Thank you for so being so kind when you corrected my errors. :sorry: Where's the "covered in shame" emoticon?
Same actor? Oh my goodness. I am really going senile. :pale:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » May 8th, '12, 16:49

White Christmas- it's not perfect but I love it really, it's the acting more than anything else that makes it so awesome, I'm just curious is the doctor the killer? Everything seems to point to him but the kids aren't stupid so they should be able to figure it out sneak up on him and over power him.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 8th, '12, 19:38

rootabega wrote:
Netliets, would a Fugitive Plan B fan like myself enjoy Parachute Man? Damn, FPB was entertaining, and wasn't even watching because of Bi. :P Or is it more of a Iris-type deal?
You mean "Invincible Parachute Agent"? I think it's a good drama, but it's the opposite of FPB. While FPB has a lot of suspense+action and a little portion of comedy(relatively, especiallly in the later episodes) and is more a less a "secret agent drama", is IPA more of a romcom in a secret agent setting.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 9th, '12, 04:35

rootabega wrote: Netliets, would a Fugitive Plan B fan like myself enjoy Parachute Man? Damn, FPB was entertaining, and wasn't even watching because of Bi. :P Or is it more of a Iris-type deal?
Fugitive Plan B is something really different. Invincible Parachute Agent is nothing like it, it's a real rom-com. But I still think you'll like it.

Shindou

Post by Shindou » May 9th, '12, 04:44

Princess Man

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » May 10th, '12, 03:02

I am commpletely insane and in love with "Queen In Hyeon's Man",episodes ends too quickly,I hope will get a happy ending ! Can't wait for ep07 even with two exams left,who cares !!!!!

esanmon

Post by esanmon » May 10th, '12, 05:32

I am currently watching I Need a Fairy. Pretty funny and interesting.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 10th, '12, 18:43

esanmon wrote:I am currently watching I Need a Fairy. Pretty funny and interesting.
Does someone translate this drama?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 10th, '12, 19:42

Silverman wrote:
esanmon wrote:I am currently watching I Need a Fairy. Pretty funny and interesting.
Does someone translate this drama?
You're living under a rock here...
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_109731.htm

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 10th, '12, 20:48

Yea i know^^. I heard of this drama before and at the point i tried to look it up, there were no subs^^. And i missed to look it under the alternate title.

esanmon

Post by esanmon » May 13th, '12, 05:50

To all those waiting for subtitles for sitcom 'I Need A Fairy' Darksmurf is currently working on it. I don't know when it will be done. Of course, this is for those who have already downloaded RAW episodes and don't really want to delete them.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 14th, '12, 10:45

About a week ago I decided to watch Shining Inheritance. Again. It's like 5th time already.

At the same time I'm waiting for Rooftop Prince to finish.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » May 15th, '12, 16:15

TV Novel Dear Love aka Love, My Love. Also watching I'll Give You the Stars and the Moon.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 15th, '12, 16:35

creidesca wrote:Also watching I'll Give You the Stars and the Moon.
Worth starting this one? :unsure:

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » May 15th, '12, 18:30

Ethlenn wrote:
creidesca wrote:Also watching I'll Give You the Stars and the Moon.
Worth starting this one? :unsure:
I like it so far, considering I haven't watched a daily evening drama in ages. The most recent daily evening drama I finished was way back in 2006--Be Strong, Geum-soon and that's from MBC. I couldn't watch any of the evening daily fare from KBS after My Precious Child/My Lovely Family.

Anyways, Seo Jin Woo's family is kinda wacky though? There seems to be something going on b/w Han Min Hyuk and his mother. If they're blood related why are they so suspicious of each other? Min Hyuk's sis, Chae Won is cheerful and klutzy, but EP 7 reveals that something happened back in high school. And it has everything to do with Cha Gyung Joo, who is currently on the outs with Jin Woo. I think she dumps him because he had himself transferred to a facility for seniors--likely because he can no longer perform surgery with his shaky hands?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 26th, '12, 10:25

Finished Rooftop Prince today. Not sure what to do next. I haven't finished The Moon That Embraces The Sun. But I have no idea where Ieft off. :D

EDIT : Nop,I'm dropping The Moon That Embraces The Sun.It's just too boring. :D I need something new to watch! :D

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 27th, '12, 01:43

Currently watching Rooftop Prince.
After that i have a few other dramas waiting:
Equator Man
King 2 Hearts
Dummy Mommy
Feast of gods

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 27th, '12, 17:28

There was a disturbing lack of K-Dramas that I liked the last 6 months.
None of those released managed too get more than a yawn from me.

Anyway;
My hopes rest on Gong Yoo and coming Drama BIG.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 27th, '12, 22:42

Two of my airing drama ended.
Fashion King, the WORST ending EVER, weak plot....but I really enjoyed YAI in there. he was great.
Dropped Rooftop Prince from the middle and only saw the last ep. Chunnie was cute and pretty good with his character but not enough to keep me watching when I am annoyed at some parts.

The Equator Man, was my most favourite drama of this season. it had so many plot holes and so many flows. but it kept me interested and entertained the whole 20 eps and its ending was just perfect. not to mention getting to know UTW. so Issy has one more guy to droll over. :P

Right now I am only left with Queen InHyun's Man which basically is the jewel in the crown, the cherry on the cake of every GREAT Kdrama out there in terms of great writing, great storyline, great acting, great chemistry....I really can't think of anything that is not great with this drama. I am totally hooked, in love and addicted to the point that have to watch it live, watch it again raw and keep checking for subbed ep :P

meanwhile, will be looking for somemore drama to add.
ps. will start Time Slip Dr Jin, as soon as subs are out

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 28th, '12, 04:11

I am tryng to stay with Rooftop Prince. the drama is not htat hot because the story is not really credible. I know it is a fantasy but I need my fantasies to seem exciting and possible. I love Yucheon and his guys. I felt the comedy at the very beginning was too slapstick but it getss better. don't like the grandma family at all. Guess I will try to stay until the end.

I absolutely am enthralled with Equator Man. It is a most immense story of revenge that I have seen in ages. I can't wait each week for the next instalments. Everyone in this drama has an axe to grind. It really will come down to a battle between Sueon and Jangil. All the others are surrounding them in different depths of their own vengeance.

I think in the end Sueon will have to soften his stance in order to become more admired by the audience. However, I think he will get his revenge in some way. Jangil is a sociopathetic murderer in his own mind. The actor playing this role must have nightmares.... I love this drama.
Last edited by Peggy on May 29th, '12, 04:36, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 28th, '12, 08:43

Peggy wrote:I absolutely am enthralled with Equator Man. It is a most immense story of revenge that I have seen in ages. I can't wait each week for the next instalments. Everyone in this drama has an axe to grind. It really will come down to a battle between Sueon and Jangil. All the others are surrounding them in different depths of their own vengeance.

I think in the end Sueon will have to soften his stance in order to become more admired by the audience. However, I think he will get his revenge in some way. Jangil is a sociopathetic murderrer in his own mind. The actor playing this role must have nightmares.... I love this drama.
SO glad that some one else beside me has enjoyed this drama. I have exactly same feelings about it. I really enjoyed the reality of storyline and revenge process. It's not like you-hit-the-lead-with-car-one-minute-then-sit-chatting-with-them-another-minute story. you committed a crime and murder, you will be punished for it. you don't get to enjoy ypur life the whole drama and only sent to prison or forgiven by last ep.
my only complain that they needed to do a better job with production and maybe reduce the freezing time that happens so often. but over all, I really enjoyed this drama!

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » May 28th, '12, 10:23

Finished watching Rooftop prince.It's nice :D Now watching Queen Inhyun's man.Very nice too.Now looking forward to next kdrama.

I should look for other kdrama to watch while waiting for Queen Inhyun's man XD Any recommendation?Hehe

bluchan

Post by bluchan » May 29th, '12, 09:53

Currently watching: Rooftop Prince.

But I'm eager to see Big and I Love Lee Tae Ri :)

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » May 29th, '12, 11:04

bluchan wrote:Currently watching: Rooftop Prince.

But I'm eager to see Big and I Love Lee Tae Ri :)
I am eagerly waiting for Big!They havent come out right? :lol

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 29th, '12, 20:48

Soon:
Big premieres in just over a week, on June 4.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » May 30th, '12, 20:26

Still watching "Queen In-Hyun's man" , dropped "Rooftop Prince" at ep14.
Tried "Gentlman's Dignity, the first ep was quite boring, the second was much better I think but not sure I'll keep watching it !I will add both "Bridal Mask" and "Big" to my watching list !
Finishing :Ojakgyo Brothers , it was put on hold for a long time, same with "New Tales of Gisaeng".

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » May 31st, '12, 04:42

i was in California the last 2 weeks so I'm finishing The King 2 Hearts

Queen In Hyun's Man - love it I have to say I've seen every drama Yoo In-Na has done, not because i particularly like her but a combination of her late start and the dramas interested me, but this is the first time I've really liked her

Hero (2012)- awesome

A gentleman's Dignity-

Shindou

Post by Shindou » May 31st, '12, 05:19

Started Vampire Prosecutor

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 31st, '12, 10:50

About to start Bridal Mask. I will check it out online first. Must make sure it's worth the trouble and time watching it in HD will need.

Still watching Queen In Hyun's Man, On Air and Dr.Jin.

doramaworld

Post by doramaworld » May 31st, '12, 11:16

Still watching Man of the Equator through KBS World...

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 2nd, '12, 14:48

Watching "Can Love Become Money?". I think it's good so far. Is a little bit more mature and realistic (well to the extent, where a romcom can be mature and realistic). There are no 23 year old CEOs of a billion dollar company and there is no "OMG you had sex, without being married"-finger or the hysteric characters, who cry "you kissed me one time...you have to marry me". Well, at least it is so, until the point i watched. As far as i've seen it's a little bit underrated.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 2nd, '12, 20:09

Added The Chaser to the list. So far, so good^^

Pondering over dropping QIHM... and I an't explain why actually...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 3rd, '12, 03:22

Silverman

I also watched 'Can Love become Money' I loved it but I would really like to see it with English subs. I don't understand Korean but the acting was so intriguing and the cast seemed to know what they were doing in a very adult way. It was not hard to pick up the general trend of the story even tho there were times when I would have given the hero a good kick in the shins. So Arrogant. I would even watch this again without subs so I think it must be worth something. I agree it seemed to be lost in the ratings and not much was written about it on the web.

Ethlenn.
The Chaser is an oldie but a goodie.