Sawajiri Erika

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
Naicho

Post by Naicho » May 15th, '08, 13:02

lol..its confusing to tack them down lol... but as far as i think they are both in lodon..lol..

cutekid

Post by cutekid » May 15th, '08, 13:18

its really hard to know where they really are now. i hope she's happy in what she's doing...

Naicho

Post by Naicho » May 15th, '08, 15:56

lol... she must be she is wit her bf... and i also heard of she geeting married at the end if this year may be they are planning for their future... lol... or doing shpoing for their marriage lol... :scratch:

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 16th, '08, 23:04

i still hope for a album at the late of the year!!! she needs a comeback^^

milhaus007

Post by milhaus007 » Jul 4th, '08, 08:40

I don't care what people say but I'D STILL HIT IT =P

candyman808

Post by candyman808 » Jul 25th, '08, 07:39

I miss her.. Even though she was a B*tch ,,, but I think she still can do good. Hmmm.. Her Bf seems quiet old. I guess Security for her.
Hey Naicho I love your Siggie.. AYA right on!!!

hzent

Post by hzent » Aug 26th, '08, 15:36

she is very cute and beautiful...

In 1 litre of tears she had a pretty acting....kawaii....

nelo

Post by nelo » Oct 6th, '08, 21:07

i read some news about Erika and her bf, here it is
Recent news goes that Erika Sawajiri is to get divorced with her boyfriend Tsuyoshi Takashiro. Before this it was reported that she and her boyfriend together were temporarily living in London and almost planning to get married, but now, they are suddenly going to get separated. There must be a surprising reason: Takashiro has debt on his shoulder.

According to someone in entertainment circles, Takashiro knew Erika likes brand-name products, and in London he bought her lots of high-end items as a gif for her birthday, which cost large sums of money. Takashiro has already spent about 20-30 million yen on her. Takashiro, now short of money, cannot but help care the X-JAPAN reverting concert in Tokyo. He goes all out to make money. He was said also to promote and sell high-priced jewellery.

Takashiro has paid too much on Erika. I wonder how long he can endure. We cannot say that it is an aid communication between them, but it does show that they were not for love to be together if they break up for lack of money. Nevertheless, as the message of separation spreads, the call for Erika’s Return becomes louder and louder!

Some pictures taken from 1-apple.com.tw (Taiwan, China) (Credit to An_Apple)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2518/erika2px8.jpg
In the left picture above, Erika is going to school by subway in London. And the right one, Erika is smoking at a cafe.

Original News: http://www.erika.com.cn/read-htm-tid-5114.html ( If you can read Chinese, visit here!)
Sources: Sina Entertainment, China
Written/Translated by: An_Apple @ Sawajiri Erika China
Please credit back when you are going to use the text or an edited one.

Taken from http://www.erika-sawajiri.net/index.php?topic=1391.0

Thanks to An_Apple @ ESN

aishii

Post by aishii » Oct 6th, '08, 22:21

seriously erika needs to come back to acting or singing <3
we need her T__T

nelo

Post by nelo » Oct 7th, '08, 11:56

aishii wrote:seriously erika needs to come back to acting or singing <3
we need her T__T
yap we need her :-)

the last movie that i saw was her Closed Note :D

Rabu

Post by Rabu » Oct 8th, '08, 13:56

I like Erika~ she's damn pretty!
Come back soon! :D

noobee

Post by noobee » Oct 8th, '08, 15:09

yes! she is

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Oct 9th, '08, 05:48

yeah! she needs a come back!

we need her!

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Oct 9th, '08, 05:48

yeah! she needs a come back!

we need her!

rebornsoul

Post by rebornsoul » Dec 15th, '08, 05:36

its about time she came back T_T

nogo

Post by nogo » Dec 16th, '08, 07:24

very true ;)

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 24th, '08, 04:10

It looks like she's coming back....

To get married ....
http://www.japantoday.com/category/ente ... in-january

rebornsoul

Post by rebornsoul » Dec 24th, '08, 04:30

yea the marriage rumours seems true

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Dec 25th, '08, 01:24

she's getting married? wow! her man is so lucky to marry her...

oh well

rebornsoul

Post by rebornsoul » Dec 25th, '08, 04:00

yea the man is like twice her age, guess age doenst matter for her

kenu

Post by kenu » Dec 27th, '08, 12:12

Lucky guy. Don't see it lasting too long. A guy his age is out for the bang and she probably is too immature for him anyway.

ayaseharukaftw

Post by ayaseharukaftw » Dec 28th, '08, 02:40

kenu wrote:Lucky guy. Don't see it lasting too long. A guy his age is out for the bang and she probably is too immature for him anyway.
Yeah... but then again she doesn't seem to care either.

kuno2011

Post by kuno2011 » Jan 1st, '09, 21:42

it's been a long time i didn't see her in new movies/drama! i hope she'll come back soon

i miss her lovely face!

Image Image Image

Tass

Post by Tass » Jan 22nd, '09, 17:25

Stated here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erika_Sawajiri
Wikipedia wrote:On January 20, 2009, Erika Sawajiri married media creator Tsuyoshi Takashiro at Meiji Shrine in Yoyogi. The pair registered their marriage on Jan 7, which fell on the most auspicious of the days - or “taian” - according to the six-day “rokuyo” calendar, and they will hold a small reception in Hawaii for their close friends later this month.
Anyone to confirm this?

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 22nd, '09, 22:51

Tass wrote:Stated here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erika_Sawajiri
Wikipedia wrote:On January 20, 2009, Erika Sawajiri married media creator Tsuyoshi Takashiro at Meiji Shrine in Yoyogi. The pair registered their marriage on Jan 7, which fell on the most auspicious of the days - or “taian” - according to the six-day “rokuyo” calendar, and they will hold a small reception in Hawaii for their close friends later this month.
Anyone to confirm this?
Yes, she really got married ^^

Erika Sawajiri & Tsuyoshi Takashiro [Married]

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Jan 23rd, '09, 13:28

is she really married?

wow! what a lucky guy... :(

groink

Post by groink » Jan 23rd, '09, 19:33

cutekid wrote:is she really married? wow! what a lucky guy... :(
HaH? :crazy: She's the epitome of high maintenance.

--- groink

thelastwish

Post by thelastwish » Apr 14th, '09, 15:16

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Apr 14th, '09, 23:22

^ Angelo looks awfully like Erika :D

paradox

Post by paradox » Apr 19th, '09, 05:28

media creator Tsuyoshi Takashiro
Whats a media creator?

lawl

groink

Post by groink » Apr 19th, '09, 05:39

paradox wrote:
media creator Tsuyoshi Takashiro
Whats a media creator?

lawl
A media creator is someone who works behind the scenes when creating content for entertainment, such as directing videos, producing music, etc. It is a very generic term to apply to a profession IMO; it is as if the guy can't be categorized with any one profession if he does many things.

--- groink

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jul 18th, '09, 14:30

Just read the news that Kimura Takuya will star in "Space Battleship Yamato" live-action movie, with Sawajiri Erika as the lead actress. This is not officially announced yet, but those close to the project says almost certain.
The anime series is one of the most well-known classic Japanese animes, and a new "revival" anime series will be broadcasted in December.

Sawajiri Erika is an extremely inconsistent actress in my opinion, but I hope it goes well. This is her first confirmed movie since suspension for "Closed Note".

http://topics.jp.msn.com/entertainment/ ... eid=101795

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 18th, '09, 14:49

No! Do not mess with Yamato. I see a failure coming.

Feisty_Warrior

Post by Feisty_Warrior » Jul 20th, '09, 05:19

She's really great in One Liter of Tears.I know this is old news to some but I want to say this.

Jon Snow

Post by Jon Snow » Sep 27th, '09, 17:41

She have been fired yesterday, her come back as actress was scheduled for next year but her appearance as the main character have been cancelled.
I wanted to see her again but I don't know when it will be possible :'(

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 28th, '09, 10:50

With Stardust Promotion looking to terminate its contract with actress Erika Sawajiri (23), it appears that rising star Meisa Kuroki (21) may be filling in for her in the live-action "Space Battleship Yamato" movie.
The movie itself was confirmed in July, with SMAP member Takuya Kimura (36) playing the lead. Sawajiri was tentatively offered the part of the heroine, Yuki Mori, and this was expected to be her comeback as an actress. She returned to Japan earlier this month, but her agency later refused to approve her appearance in "Yamato."
Sawajiri has previously caused problems for Stardust, and the company has reportedly decided to cancel her contract. Her dismissal is expected to be made official on September 28.
Along with Sawajiri, Kuroki is one of several actresses who were initially considered for the role of Yuki Mori. With Sawajiri out of the picture now, Kuroki has been chosen to replace her, and she was given an unofficial offer last week.
"Yamato" is scheduled to start filming during mid-October, with theatrical release planned for 2010.

tokyograph

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Sep 28th, '09, 12:19

Wow, looks like her career is over man.

piii

Post by piii » Sep 28th, '09, 15:08

chokubi wrote:Wow, looks like her career is over man.
uhm, yup ...
kinda sucks, duh.

RivFader

Post by RivFader » Sep 28th, '09, 19:27

I really hope she pulls her self together, finally!!!

I became a small fan of hers after watching Ichi Rittoru no Namida. She was magnificent in this drama...

Not to mention her roll in Mamiya Kyoudai... She was so cute in that movie. Hard to imagine she's such a brat in real life after watching that movie. :-( :unsure:

noobee

Post by noobee » Sep 28th, '09, 22:40

nice!

no-subs-needed

Post by no-subs-needed » Sep 29th, '09, 18:42

:salut: Bye bye ! Adios ! to that crazy girl. Cute, so what ? There are plenty of cute girls in the industry.

.... :whistling (don't kill me blinded fans)

eternallight351

Post by eternallight351 » Sep 30th, '09, 03:25

i hope she will make a new drama or movie! love all her dramas and movies!

Tass

Post by Tass » Mar 17th, '10, 16:13

New Vid from Erika-sama.

I hope someone can give a summary

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Mar 17th, '10, 16:28

Here's a summary taken from erika-sawajiri.net based on that video. You can read more from here.
Today actress Sawajiri Erika (23) finally appeared in front of the press to announce her new commercial for Takano Yuri Beauty Clinic that marks her comeback in the show business.

They've spent a lot of time talking about the beauty clinic and Erika maintained a humble attitude throughout the press conference. However, at the end they eventually brought up the 6 demands that brought her a lot of bad comments last week. Many were expecting her to take those back. "I didn't expect that to become such a big turmoil. No, I won't take those back."

They've set up quite a gorgeous pink stages with cherry blossoms all over the place. Eventually Erika appeared on stage with a nervous expression.

"Thank you very much to all of you for showing up at today's press conference for the commercial. I really thought a lot about what I should say today. After all it has been more than 2 years since I stood in front of the media like that. I'm actually very anxious, so I hope that you will watch over me today."

"First of all I'd like to say that I'm feeling very bad for Takano Yuri and all of her clients. This new beginning today once again turned into a huge public discussion and must have become a great bother for them. However, I feel like I should present you this commercial with as much self-confidence as possible."

"As a person I'm still inexperienced, but I'm very thankful to everyone from the staff who still supported me, everyone in my family who watched over me for the whole time and also to all of my fans who continued to wait for me."

She bows to reporters in full 90 degree. People haven't heard such humble words from Erika for a very long time, so reporters already gave her standing ovations just for her greeting. During the press conference she didn't try to make her answers too long, but she always had a calm expression and a smile on her face.

Then the president of Takano Yuri Beauty Clinic revealed that they ditched an American actress just to get Erika for the commercials. "We already gave Sawajiri-san the offer 3 years ago. Back in December we received the OK from an American actress that got picked for an Oscar, but in the end we decided that we would like to have a Japanese woman." They also showed the commercial for the first time and it's just like we expected it. If you've already seen the picture with the body painting, then you pretty much know the contents of the commercial.

The host continued to ask her a few questions.

Host: "Are you nervous?"
Erika: "You can't imagine. I'm totally tense."

Host: "You've had a long time to recharge your batteries and now you are making your comeback. Can you tell us why you chose this commercial for your return?"
Erika: "I had the chance to be working together with them since the planning stage and I also received their offer a long time ago."

Host: "What kind of thoughts or feelings did you put into this commercial?"
Erika: "Lifting a ban would be the best way to describe it. I worked out a lot, did a lot of training and experienced a beauty treatment from Takano Yuri myself for the first time all just for that reason. It wasn't just about getting a thinner body, but about getting a body that I would feel comfortable with myself."

Host: "What kind of feelings did you have when filming the commercial?"
Erika: "I wasn't nervous at the set at all, it was all just too much fun and exciting for me. I realized that this is what I love, I love to express myself. I don't want to do anything else. Even after the filming I was still completely excited and couldn't sleep that night at all."

Host: "How did you spend the last 2 years recharging your batteries?"
Erika: "I lived the ordinary life I always wished for. I realized that I would have to get out of Tokyo to find such a life. Every day I was able to live without any concerns, made friends at school, cooked a lot for myself and discovered some very delicious restaurants - every day was precious to me. There have been a lot of great changes during those 2 years. I married and I got separated from the agency that brought me up all those years. I am who I am now only thanks to them."

Host: "What kind of things would you like to do now?"
Erika: "From now on I'd like to tackle challenges I haven't tried until now. Of course I also want to try out a vast variety of roles as an actress as well. I hope that you will look forward to that. I absolutely love to express myself, so I'd like to keep on delivering new projects with a lot of self-confidence."

Reporters rushing in a question before she leaves the sage:
"What do you think about the recent turmoil about those 6 paragraphs? Are you going to take those back?"
Erika: "I never expected this to become that huge of a topic. There are a lot of people helping me with my restart this time. The (my) staff really only wants the best for me and assumed all kind of scenarios. We won't take those demands back."

Before she appeared on stage, the host of the event answered a few questions that got handed in by the reporters. It included a couple of statements unrelated to the commercial. First of all Takashiro isn't involved in her sales promotions at all, she's doing that all on her own. Second she didn't take any drugs whatsoever, neither in Japan nor in any other country. Those rumors were completely groundless.

Troter

Post by Troter » Mar 27th, '10, 22:28

I read on a youtube comment that she's going to be in a new show, My Love, alongside Matsumoto Jun. However, youtube comments aren't really reliable sources :P

Atjehnese

Post by Atjehnese » Sep 16th, '10, 09:53

anyone, where i can download pacchigi movies? thank in advance

electricBonBon

Post by electricBonBon » Sep 8th, '11, 16:19

Though she hasn't done really much dramas and I only watched "1 Litre no Namida", "Taiyou no Uta" and the movie "Otoshimono", she's one of my favourite actresses and I'd love to see some new dramas or/and movies with her.

EriKira

Post by EriKira » May 13th, '12, 18:56

Finally found this thread,
no doubt Sawajiri Erika is one of the best actress.
It's so sad knowing that she must retired because of her marriage.

She is one of my favorite actress though :-(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

feelsneeh

Post by feelsneeh » Jul 30th, '12, 03:05

i like her on Ichi ritoru no namida as aya
girl who got ill.
and i saw here movie but i forget the title.
she was act as Pen Shop keeper

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Jul 7th, '13, 04:41

I agree with Eri Kira. Erika is a great actress. It'st just a shame that her personal life has spiraled downward and affected her professional life.

gz2009

Post by gz2009 » Jul 7th, '13, 10:33

feelsneeh wrote:i like her on Ichi ritoru no namida as aya
girl who got ill.
and i saw here movie but i forget the title.
she was act as Pen Shop keeper
Closed Note (http://asianwiki.com/Closed_Note)

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jul 7th, '13, 19:44

Anyone here saw Helter Skelter? I thought the movie was...
disturbing and intense, it had many crazy scenes, but I have to say Erika had such a great acting, I applause because roles like that can make you through some mental issues after doing it. Another great point is the coloring, atmosphere and setting and finally but not least the message the movie tried to send to us viewers. Beauty is not all and sometimes can drive you crazy and the people around you...very nice...
2012 was a great year for Erika, she had the movie Helter Skelter (great sales overall), the special drama (which I still have to watch it) and that BeeTV drama...
This year she had been quiet, at least she appeared at the movie awards, she was really stunning, great dress, flawless make-up and beautiful hairstyle.
Pictures here:
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Erika+Sawajiri