How many jdorama have you watched?

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.

How many Jdoramas have you watched?

<10
11%
11-30
28%
31-50
15%
31-50
15%
51-100
13%
101-200
7%
201-500
6%
>500! I live on Jdoramas
4%
eh? not into that sort of stuff...
0%

Total votes: 275

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

How many jdorama have you watched?

Post by xiaryx » Apr 26th, '05, 20:27

So I have this habit of recording down all the names of the drama I have watched...While I was procrastinating today, I counted up the drama and it reached a total of 53! How many jdorama have you wasted your time on? :lol

Gir

Post by Gir » Apr 26th, '05, 20:32

I just started watching them last year, without being home to check, I think I have watched around 20 so far.

Kazanko
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kazanko » Apr 26th, '05, 20:37

dunno how many, but not more than 30, i think...

im just interested in JE-related drama ( but attack no 1 is a great exception :-) )

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Apr 26th, '05, 21:11

I've been addicted for about 5 months now and I think I've seen around 30 doramas....so I picked 2nd option
I wonder if anyone will pick that over 500 option :unsure:
ohhh I still have a lot to watch :lol

Takez0
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Takez0 » Apr 26th, '05, 21:25

Probably in the 50-100 range, I don't think I did more than that :crazy:

jrudiman

Post by jrudiman » Apr 26th, '05, 21:31

definitely not enough.. a lot of great dramas still to come :lol

:bunny:
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by :bunny: » Apr 26th, '05, 23:10

i think i'm in the 51-100 range
i dun keep in track to what i saw
however the # keeps on increasing :w000t:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 27th, '05, 00:13

i am embarrassed to say that i have not watched too many at all. been messing around with watching asian movies and stuff. and don't have too much free time to begin with.

but just recently, i've made a concerted effort to watch more dramas (and seed at the same time). since a month ago, i've watched: 101st marriage proposals, koukou kyoushi 1993, and just finished ohsama no resutoran yesterday. (i'm trying to watch the oldest dramas in my collection to the newest).

so i'm getting there. :P

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Apr 27th, '05, 01:25

:blink who is the sage that watched 200+ dramas? how about writing a book about this subject.... :notworthy:

ap

Post by ap » Apr 27th, '05, 01:39

xiaryx wrote::blink who is the sage that watched 200+ dramas? how about writing a book about this subject.... :notworthy:
me

been watching them since '95

ap :D

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Apr 27th, '05, 05:05

ap wrote:
xiaryx wrote::blink who is the sage that watched 200+ dramas? how about writing a book about this subject.... :notworthy:
me

been watching them since '95

ap :D
haha that makes sense... and you still havent gotten bored yet :blink
o the mighty power of jdorama :pray:

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » Apr 27th, '05, 05:15

<10 here. I'm more of Kx (x=drama, movie, pop) person. Personally, I watched both in the beginning but after a while, I realized Japanese drama episodes are like filler, and the subplots are irrelevant to the main story.

peachytwinkle

Post by peachytwinkle » Jul 24th, '06, 02:54

i'm still a newbie to watching dramas.... so i voted less than 10. but the numbers will add up soon, because watching dramas are addicting. lol. :thumright:

jus me

Post by jus me » Jul 24th, '06, 02:58

too many to count. i've been watching j drama's since a child and now i'm thirty something i've seen more than enough to count. :)

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jul 24th, '06, 03:05

Been about 2 yrs and I've seen around 40 dramas now :mrgreen:

a-nesuto

Post by a-nesuto » Jul 24th, '06, 09:09

i choose 11 to 30 but i have a lot of unfinished dramas :-(

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 24th, '06, 09:27

Oh, the numbers game.... I know it's over 100, but until and unless I actually sit down and spend a few days with a spreadsheet, I have no idea of the exact number. Definitely not in the 200 range yet...

I first started watching dramas a little over 3 years ago (Winter Sonata, Kdrama, I know...) and at that time, it was much easier for me to find Jdorama titles online as a newbie (yes, at one point I actually WAS a newbie, not that I ever acted like one... :P) and the first Jdrama I ended up seeing was "Beautiful Life" and I was hooked by Tokiwa Takako and the like. Followed that with Virgin Road, Summer Snow, Le Bel Homme, and To Heart (it wasn't THAT bad a show, though I remember having a stalker like that. Not fun...) At one point, I was watching 5 or 6 series a week. (one advantage of working for yourself: setting your own hours..)

Funny, though I've been on a Kdrama kick for the last few years and worked on subs in every other language but Japanese it seems, Beautiful Life is still my favorite drama, and I'd have to put at least half of my all-time top 10 as Jdoramas as well. Maybe time to start knocking out some more of the J-stuff in this massive forest of dvd's I've accumulated....

Mitgott

Post by Mitgott » Jul 24th, '06, 10:35

I'm into dramas since a half year and have watched about 20 jdoramas so far, I think. Not much at all and there are still so many I want to watch o.o

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Jul 24th, '06, 10:43

i have watched jdorama since around 99 i guess. i think it's near 50.

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jul 24th, '06, 10:56

So many and lots remaining.....
hanadan, nobuta, kimi wa petto,orange days,dragon zakura, my litle chef, kurosagi, attention please, teru teru ashita, busukoi, galcir, i litre of tears, koukou kyoushi, Nurse aoi, iryu team medical dragon, tsubasa no oreta, sore wa totsuzen, sapuri, anego, lunch queen , gokusen 21

Littleangel91356

Post by Littleangel91356 » Jul 24th, '06, 16:13

I think I watched in the range of 50-100 including the new dramas I'm currently watching, which is...going to be 5 with mukodono. I started watching when around kinki kids was formed :-) which is around1997...which is like 9 years and there's many dramas per season. But I miss the dramas that were like kintarou, summer snow, beautiul life....beautiful life is actually beautiful lol.

kaname

OMG I didnt realiize....

Post by kaname » Jul 25th, '06, 21:34

I havent been a member here that long, however, having married into a japanese family...I was introduced to jdoramas a long time ago..I currently have from d-addicts over 100 different series and we (wife her sisters her mom and sometimes her brothers as well as our own children) have watched all of them. We all sat and watched Oshin together over a spring and summer (okay we just finished Oshin and no you cant get it here at d-addicts). I found d-addicts on a dvd thaT MY SISTER-IN-LAW purchased off e-bay (she now knows better). I bring that up because she had been giving us her discs after she watched them so I think I may actually be up over 150 series watched...thats sick......deliciously so cuz i luv em soooooooo

Thanks to ALL of you who do ALL the hard work for people like me to enjoy!!

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jul 26th, '06, 17:47

Hm I think im rather a noob at watching jdoramas. but the truth is when one is in high school or school in general. There are never enough time to watch jdorama and have enough timet o sleep. anyhow I think I have watched more like 20 series since I started watching dramas about 2 yrs ago.

to the original poster, can u make more options regarding our hard drive size? I am really curious about how big each person's hard drive size is. Since consider 1 jdorama at least will be around 6GB of space. :salut:

Eria

Post by Eria » Jul 27th, '06, 18:38

i've watched 30 jdramas not including specials that came after a drama or movies that was based on the drama and this year's dramas. i think i'm currently watching 3.

ilot

Post by ilot » Jul 28th, '06, 10:11

I've been watching JDorama since I was 16, and now 25. It've been 9 years then, I never count it, but I guess I've been watching 100+ Jdorama.
But only start downloading them since 3 yrs ago.

YeeWu

Post by YeeWu » Jul 28th, '06, 12:46

I'm not too sure how many dramas I've watched...Figuring out the exact number would require the strenuous activity others call "thinking" :D

If I had to give a rough estimate (that's probably wrong), I'd say somewhere between 20-30.

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Jul 28th, '06, 13:26

hehe i was in the 11-30 range, i just started watching jdramas last fall, and with school and other stuff [plus k+t dramas..which r sooo long!] i havent exactly watched tht many jdramas, but jdramas r still my favorite!!
i woudl watch more, but alot of the ones i want to watch are older and have not been subbed :'(
but i still get by with the new ones =D

S@GDI@N@:-)

Post by S@GDI@N@:-) » Jul 29th, '06, 17:49

manymany....(Seija no Koushin/ Ao no Jidai/ Brothers/Love Again/Kurenai/Love Again/Asuka/Joi/Perfect Love/ Bus Stop/ Beautiful Life/ Summer Snow/Virtual Girl/ Bubble/ Beauty 7/ Hero/ Maria/Rocket Boy/ Platonic Sex/ Wind and Cloud/ Golden Bowl/ Friends 2002 / Wedding Planner/Long Love Letter/Pretty Girls/ Diamond Girl /Stand Up/ Manhatten Love Story/Palace/Full House/
My lovely SamSoon/Phoenix/ Trick 3/ Water Boys/ Fire Boys/ HOTMAN / HOTMAN 2/ Orange Days/ Pride/ Dollhouse/ Shinsengumi/ Water Boys 2 / Brother Beat/ Tokio/ Haruka 17 /Dragon Zakura/ Hana Yori Dango/ Yoshitsune/ CA to Oyobi/ Kurosagi/ My boss my hero/ Primadam/ Hero/ N´s Aoi / Unfair/ Happy/ Yaoh/ The man who can´t marry/ Detektiv Conan/ Lunch Queen/ Rainbow Romance/ Over the Rainbow... ) I used to watch everything my older sister used to, so I became close to Asians and Dramas, so today, I watch everything even I don´t understand those languages!!!

fathuze

Post by fathuze » Aug 1st, '06, 03:49

i think i started watching jdorama when 1 was 16 or 17 and now 25... but those old days don't have many source though... it all started with Perfect Love, Beach Boys and so on... at first i was hook up with the beauty of matsu takako and nanako matsushima :wub: ... now satomi ishihara and maki horikita :wub: :wub: and forever kyoko hasegawa :wub: :wub: :wub:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Aug 1st, '06, 03:54

i have about a little over 220+ jdramas in my collection. Unfortunately, many of them are incomplete~ :roll

How many have I watched? that, I have no idea. It's been about 8 years since I watched my first jdrama (itazura na kiss). I would say, the number probably runs in the hundreds.

"Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..." ~ Ward Sexton

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Aug 1st, '06, 06:19

11-30 Just started on JDORAMAS a few months ago. I've seen a lot of good ones and some bad ones, right now I'm back watching K-dramas.. But I still have a lot of JDORAMAS that I'm planning to watch. :thumleft:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Aug 1st, '06, 14:47

easily watched 200+ (50+ in the past year alone). Overall probably in the 3-400 range, maybe just a bit over 400 :unsure:

docipain

Post by docipain » Sep 5th, '06, 01:50

Hmm i can count them..that should express enough! XD

But I have not that much time everyday to watch so much O_o
hmm Jdorama ...when i look at my list at Jdorama.com hmm 12?
in addition to that 3 twdramas -> 15 ...well...it's okay i think xD

Astro_Boi

Post by Astro_Boi » Sep 6th, '06, 01:25

wow... if thats how many j-drama's other people have watched... i got a lot of catching up to do ^^'
I can only admit so seeing one.. yes one! .. so far, but that 'one' was enough to get my hopes up for other j-drama's to be just as good! After-all, "Densha Otoko" is a legendary series! XD

ainangst

Post by ainangst » Sep 7th, '06, 18:38

according to my list at jdorama...74
but there's also dramas not listed at jdorama that i'm currently watching *coughakihabara@DEEPcough*
but i think there's a couple more...

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog » Sep 8th, '06, 03:47

I started watching jdramas around ten years ago when it was popular to show jdramas on free to air tv. I don't think it's possible for me to actually count each and every single jdrama I watched, but I do think the number of jdramas I complete watching is around 30+, there are many I stopped watching halfway through.

Come to think of it, I actually watch more jdramas in the past on tv than now when it's easily available on the net. Anime distracts me too much. :lol

arabian

Post by arabian » Sep 12th, '06, 18:15

I watched 11 dramas cuz i begun watched Jdrama these year..
But truly i love Jdrama..

kawaiineemei

Post by kawaiineemei » Sep 17th, '06, 20:56

from the top of my head i'd say......... < 10. yes. its sad... but im deprived!!!! i've been watching jdrama for almost a year now and i still havent watched more than 10... ::sobb:: :faint:

yeh... lemme remember some..

NOBUTA WO PRODUCE
HANA YORI DANGO
KIMI WO PETO
KOUKOU KYOUSHI 2003
CHEAP LOVE (currently watching)

berserk

Post by berserk » Sep 18th, '06, 00:55

I don't think anyone here can beat my record of watching 10 dramas in a month. Other than attending classes, going to my part-time job, and occasionally playing sports, I haven't left my house much this past month. lol. It takes me 2-3 days to finish a series. I know, I need to get a life but I get addicted too easily. Blame it on my friend for introducing me to jdorama torrents.

nezagie

Post by nezagie » Sep 18th, '06, 01:17

Well I started watching Jdrama way back when I was a kid and the first was drama Oshin although it's sub in chinese but than that alone got me hook on Jdrama till now... guess I have watched around 70 plus and still counting....

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Sep 18th, '06, 01:33

I've been into the jdorama scene for about 5 years but only have watched about 70 dramas so far. My attention goes to anime first. :mrgreen:

Junfan21

Post by Junfan21 » Sep 18th, '06, 01:40

I've just started watching dramas, so I only watched 10 and under.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 18th, '06, 04:40

berserk wrote:I don't think anyone here can beat my record of watching 10 dramas in a month. Other than attending classes, going to my part-time job, and occasionally playing sports, I haven't left my house much this past month. lol. It takes me 2-3 days to finish a series. I know, I need to get a life but I get addicted too easily. Blame it on my friend for introducing me to jdorama torrents.
I watch an avg of 10 dramas a month, I rarely calculate, but I'm pretty sure I exceed 10/month quite often. Tho a mix of j/k/c-dramas.

There aren't that many j-dramas to watch, so I watch an avg of 4-5/month. j-dramas are easy to watch, so can easily watch up to 3/wkend if in marathon mode (often do that to catch up at the end of seeason with the dramas I don't follow week to week). c/k-dramas are, on average 2-3x as long as j-dramas, so take longer.

berserk

Post by berserk » Sep 18th, '06, 14:41

auroragb wrote:
berserk wrote:I don't think anyone here can beat my record of watching 10 dramas in a month. Other than attending classes, going to my part-time job, and occasionally playing sports, I haven't left my house much this past month. lol. It takes me 2-3 days to finish a series. I know, I need to get a life but I get addicted too easily. Blame it on my friend for introducing me to jdorama torrents.
I watch an avg of 10 dramas a month, I rarely calculate, but I'm pretty sure I exceed 10/month quite often. Tho a mix of j/k/c-dramas.

There aren't that many j-dramas to watch, so I watch an avg of 4-5/month. j-dramas are easy to watch, so can easily watch up to 3/wkend if in marathon mode (often do that to catch up at the end of seeason with the dramas I don't follow week to week). c/k-dramas are, on average 2-3x as long as j-dramas, so take longer.
Ok and I thought I was crazy. I mean 10 dramas in one month is the equivalent of watching at least 20 hours a week (almost like a part-time job). After a while, you start having trouble distinguishing between the real world and the drama world. lol.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 18th, '06, 20:35

berserk wrote:Ok and I thought I was crazy. I mean 10 dramas in one month is the equivalent of watching at least 20 hours a week (almost like a part-time job). After a while, you start having trouble distinguishing between the real world and the drama world. lol.
The real world is an illusion, just keep taking the blue pills to keep the illusions real :)

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Sep 19th, '06, 02:16

Dramas watched in a month? I tend toward K-dramas more these days, but between J and K-dramas, the most I've ever watched in a single month in their entirety is 31. (32 if you count that I rewatched most of At Dolphin Bay in the middle of it....) It's a bit easier to pile on the numbers with Jdoramas than with the Korean ones because of the length (10-11 eps ave vs. 16-20 eps for K-dramas).

Gee, would I get credit for 40 Jdoramas watched based on the total number of eps? How about the fact that I edited and QC'd 5 episodes of my projects in that month as well?

I do occasionally live up to my signature.....

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Sep 19th, '06, 02:23

I've probably watched 50+ series and it's still going strong!

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Sep 19th, '06, 03:31

I've almost watched 50 dramas.
Still gotta complete some

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 19th, '06, 14:37

aNToK wrote:Dramas watched in a month? I tend toward K-dramas more these days, but between J and K-dramas, the most I've ever watched in a single month in their entirety is 31. (32 if you count that I rewatched most of At Dolphin Bay in the middle of it....) It's a bit easier to pile on the numbers with Jdoramas than with the Korean ones because of the length (10-11 eps ave vs. 16-20 eps for K-dramas).

Gee, would I get credit for 40 Jdoramas watched based on the total number of eps? How about the fact that I edited and QC'd 5 episodes of my projects in that month as well?

I do occasionally live up to my signature.....
Dang! That's like ... 12hrs a day, everyday for a month! :salut:

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Sep 22nd, '06, 03:25

Jdramas are so amazing. I say 20 that I liked, but just as much first episodes. I wish all Japanese entertainment was subtitled. So great...I can't imagine life without it.

dli2k3

Post by dli2k3 » Sep 22nd, '06, 03:35

I started recently and watched 28 in the last 6 months. Still got a ton of them waiting for subs to finish : )

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 24th, '06, 01:31

Well, I'm actually kind of picky in watching dramas since there are so many. But my collection is still quickly growing every year.

You can see my lists at my site: http://goldlilys.110mb.com/drama_col.html

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Apr 15th, '07, 02:12

I counted.. I hope I got every one though, it's possible that I missed some. At the moment, I've finished 16 japanese dramas. But I'm also in the middle of 2 of 3. So, that number could change very quickly.

prismatic_star

Post by prismatic_star » Apr 15th, '07, 02:33

I started since about two years ago.
I'm including other asian dramas (besides jdrama) and asian movies.
So far, about 72.

=D I have alot of spare time on my hands.

petrus

Post by petrus » Apr 15th, '07, 03:03

more than 500 cos nearly 30 years as a regular audience since "Moero Attack" the drama about a girl volleyball team broadcasted by Asahi TV from January 1979 , plus some drama before that. I am still yearning and would like to watch the best series in the old past time again just like "Ore wa Otoko da" the drama about the high school Kendo club broadcasted in 1971 by Nippon TV for a year long , NHK drama "Oshin" in 1983 or "Tokyo Love Story" in 1991 . :roll

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Apr 15th, '07, 05:30

You know... I've been watching for 13 years... and I don't think I've completed more than 25 of them. I mean, I think I've watched maybe 5 all the way through in the past 3 years. Kinda of sad... especially when they're right here on the TV every night.

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Apr 15th, '07, 05:38

i used to watch at least 8 dramas per season but these days the no. is dropping. i can hardly complete watching the whole series (im watching lesser ever since i came to japan, so ironic)

anyway i've lost count so i think it should be more than 100 but less than 200

TRaven

Post by TRaven » Apr 16th, '07, 04:46

54, my first was GTO and just casually started watching more . . . and more . . . and more . . . and now i'm busting into the Chinese stuff . . . help me . . . T__T

japanesegrl

Post by japanesegrl » Apr 16th, '07, 04:54

too many; i lost count . :D :-)

japysia

Post by japysia » Apr 16th, '07, 05:03

about 300 jdramas, 10 kdramas, 20 cdramas(hk+china+taiwan).I've been watching asian dramas for 15 years but became jdorama addict since 2 years ago.

cherryaddict

Post by cherryaddict » Apr 20th, '07, 19:39

hmmmm I think i watched over 32 Jdramas & 3 Kdramas only
but they're r more to come ^^

elisan

Post by elisan » Apr 20th, '07, 19:40

60 jidaigeki drama series including 174 eps of Abarenbo Shogun and 11 Taiga Dramas (49 eps each) ... plus about the same amount of modern dramas. Glad those aren't longer than 10-12 episodes usually :D

prox

Post by prox » Apr 20th, '07, 19:52

<10...

yet ;-)

a2a

Post by a2a » Apr 20th, '07, 19:53

Heh! I have watched over 90 j-dramas (or even a 100) over the past 1.5 years (that's when I got hooked). Of course for the sake of watching them I cast away anime (except Naruto) and regular tv (I only watch 2-3 series from my country and just the news). Presently I'm following nine series of the spring 2007 season! Um... so I think I'm a veteran when it comes to J-dramas, at least in my country! I even provide my japanese teacher with dramas! :D (talk about a drama freak! ^_^)

fatmouse

Post by fatmouse » Feb 10th, '09, 06:52

I only recently started watching Japanese drama. have watched Galileo & Detective Academy Q.

PocariSweat21

Interesting topic you got here! :)

Post by PocariSweat21 » Feb 21st, '09, 05:41

I watched Jdrama since my primary school. Well, it's in the tv that's why. But it only shows twice a week. That's 10 years back I think. Now, my country only shows jdrama once a week. Kdrama really takes into place right now.
It's only recent years that I keep in pace with jdrama by buying the drama.
So, it's around 76 dramas now and my collection is getting bigger...need more space to store..haha..
Ganbatte, aim for 100!! :wub:

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Feb 24th, '09, 13:50

Code: Select all

http://forums.henshinjustice.com/showpost.php?p=580640&postcount=643
I list everything onto this forum post...

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Aug 8th, '11, 15:06

Nearly 150 without the aborted.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Aug 8th, '11, 15:41

I think it could be about 180-200 jdrama and less then 10 drama from other asian countries.

alienki

Post by alienki » Oct 8th, '11, 11:29

Humm mine should be 100 ++ been watching since 1997 : p if include Movies and Documentary will be even alot more ~~

raingirl

Post by raingirl » Mar 5th, '12, 05:51

Just very few :( I prefer animes that Jdoramas, that's why. But here's the list of those I have watched:

1. Kimi to Ita Mirai no Tame ni
2. Gokusen
3. Kindaichi Shounen Jikembo
4. Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon
5. Hana Yori Dango

Yanez
Italy

Re: How many jdorama have you watched?

Post by Yanez » Jun 26th, '19, 09:06

Around 150... :sweat:

Esdru
Spain

Post by Esdru » Feb 13th, '21, 20:46

According to my Hard Drives... 270

Deleted User 469737

Post by Deleted User 469737 » Mar 16th, '21, 03:34

I have over 500

Vloria
United States of America

Post by Vloria » Apr 16th, '22, 03:28

:lol According to the list I created of Jdoramas. I am nearing 500 if this includes the tv movies and specials made after the dramas. I fell in love with jdorama the same time I fell for anime :lol .