Queen In-hyun's Man (tvN, 2012)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Issy

Post by Issy » May 25th, '12, 10:26

It would be really painful if she had high heels on :P You can also see he is kind of lifting her up so her weight will be less too.
I just have to say I have not watched that scene over and over :lol

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » May 25th, '12, 14:33

This drama is like a fairytale for me, I've watched this week's episodes raw ( shows how much I love it) and thumbs up for the female lead, her character rocks, she has a very strong personality!
And that cutie (Dong Min),He's not a cutie anymore,he's an ****, I hate him!
When he forces her to kiss him, I tried to find excuses like they were dating and she accepted it (things that she dosn't remember), but when he threw that towel on her, I was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING, that was hurtful!How can you treat her like that!!!!
,at at the hospital, he sprayed water on her,OMG! And tries to humilialte her!He's a psycho,!!!!!! :cussing:
Anyways,I feel like I have to prepare tissues for the forthcoming episodes!

darynrose

Post by darynrose » May 25th, '12, 16:38

The other side of Kim Boong Do...
*flinches* "Your boyfriend is here."
Jealous Kim Boong Do. :P

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » May 26th, '12, 16:11

After a week of heartbreaking-episodes, this time its a 'yummy' one. Waiting for the heightened conflict next week anxiously.Wondering how much history will change because
Minister Min wasn't supposed to be released(if indeed the preview is a releasing scene).

Why doesn't BD disappear at the market at the moment arrows hit him?
1. the amulet is not with him; tho i don't think it was stolen.
2. it's losing its effectiveness *scary thought*. Yun Wol's worry canceling the effect.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » May 26th, '12, 16:32

iLLusiOnEr wrote:After a week of heartbreaking-episodes, this time its a 'yummy' one. Waiting for the heightened conflict next week anxiously.Wondering how much history will change because
Minister Min wasn't supposed to be released(if indeed the preview is a releasing scene).

Why doesn't BD disappear at the market at the moment arrows hit him?
1. the amulet is not with him; tho i don't think it was stolen.
2. it's losing its effectiveness *scary thought*. Yun Wol's worry canceling the effect.
I believe it's because of :
1. BD probably isnt hit with a fatal shot. Of which Minam made sure his followers to do tht.
2. Minam probably trying to steal the amulet from an seriously injured but not fatal KBD. Only AFTER he gets his hands on the amulet does Minam make his move to get KBD killed.
I'm just curious on how (contains upcoming spoilers/speculations, you've been warned) :
1. MInam going to pull in a scandal between Queen In Hyun & KBD.
2. How does KBD gets his hands back on the amulet so tht he could travel back to 2012 to get medical help. Coz we know tht CHJ brought KBD in an ambulance to the hospital.

aility

Post by aility » May 28th, '12, 23:08

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

and some love to this threaaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the scene where KBD showed some jealousy! SO well played!! Oh man, LOVE LOVE LOVE! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

It has been too long since there was a serie this great! SO REFRESHING!!!!!!!!! Knock on wood that I dont jinx anything :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

aility

Post by aility » May 28th, '12, 23:12

Silverman wrote:
Ohh, cute. But unrealistic. If someone tried out, what is shown in the last pic in rl, will know what i mean. Especially without socks it's the hell of pain.
Actually, it is not unrealistic at all... been there done that :whistling: :whistling:

It is not like you will stand on his toes and make out for hours... :whistling: :whistling:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 29th, '12, 04:29

You got that right aility :-)

Lots of stuff some folks have yet to enjoy....

Silverman

Post by Silverman » May 31st, '12, 19:29

aility wrote:
Silverman wrote:
Ohh, cute. But unrealistic. If someone tried out, what is shown in the last pic in rl, will know what i mean. Especially without socks it's the hell of pain.
Actually, it is not unrealistic at all... been there done that :whistling: :whistling:

It is not like you will stand on his toes and make out for hours... :whistling: :whistling:
But it can go reaaaly wrong. Been there, done that. The problem, which can occur, is not the weight. But if both are with bare feet and the girl stands in the region of the metatarsus(not the toes) and tries to reach out, then it can occur(truly it doesn't have to be, but happened to me a few times), that through the friction between the skins,the epidermis is pulled a little bit downwards and this is painful. Every time that happend, the reaction of my GF(ex-the current one is 5ft 10, so it doesn't happen^^) was: "what, there is nothing...man up".

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Jun 4th, '12, 17:41

am up to episode 14.................getting tense but still luving it!

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 7th, '12, 15:53

Okey,I never cared about what fans said before about the two leads dating, in fact ,I didn't want that to be true because I thought it's great to have great chemistry like that not because they really love each other in real life ! I am a bit disappointed but I wish them good luck!
Ji Hyun Woo suddenly confessed to Yoo Inna at the screening, making fans shocked.

On 7th June, at the venue of the finale screening of Queen Inhyun’s Man, Ji Hyun Woo said: “I want to confess in front of the fans of the show, that loves us so much. I really truly love Yoo Inna. I hope you will give us your blessing.” This shocked the fans at the venue.

During the filming of Queen Inhyun’s Man, Yoo Inna and Ji Hyun Woo shared so much chemistry when the show wasn’t even half done, making rumors of dating spread ….

During the filming of Queen Inhyun’s Man, Yoo Inna and Ji Hyun Woo shared so much chemistry when the show wasn’t even half done, making rumors of dating spread ….

-(c) redpinkboxes

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 7th, '12, 16:42

Sham26 wrote:Okey,I never cared about what fans said before about the two leads dating, in fact ,I didn't want that to be true because I thought it's great to have great chemistry like that not because they really love each other in real life ! I am a bit disappointed but I wish them good luck!
JHW is pretty much a newbie in the entertainment business. This is his first main role so I don't think he can really differentiate reality and drama. Once they pull themselves from their roles and he does more dramas, he will realize it's just a passing phase. It's not that I don't think he does genuinely likes her but I don't think he's experienced enough to tell reality and drama. Many actors go through that phase.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 7th, '12, 16:45

I thought Ji Hyun Woo had a lot of main roles already. It's just tht most of it sucks!

I'm sure it's Yoo In Na, the one that is a newbie in the industry.
Last edited by darynrose on Jun 7th, '12, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 7th, '12, 16:46

seirin wrote:
Sham26 wrote:Okey,I never cared about what fans said before about the two leads dating, in fact ,I didn't want that to be true because I thought it's great to have great chemistry like that not because they really love each other in real life ! I am a bit disappointed but I wish them good luck!
JHW is pretty much a newbie in the entertainment business. This is his first main role so I don't think he can really differentiate reality and drama. Once they pull themselves from their roles and he does more dramas, he will realize it's just a passing phase. It's not that I don't think he does genuinely likes her but I don't think he's experienced enough to tell reality and drama. Many actors go through that phase.
Well, he's been in this business for 10 years. He never was the lead until now, though Merry Mary was kinda his lead too.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 7th, '12, 17:42

Ethlenn wrote: Well, he's been in this business for 10 years. He never was the lead until now, though Merry Mary was kinda his lead too.
He seems to be acting since 2004, so 8 yrs really but he hasn't been in anything big I think. I googled Merry Mary and it seems to be a romcom. So he hasn't done any intense major roles that requires a lot of feelings placed into it. QIHM requires a lot of emotions to act out the drama. That's why I think his feelings are being carried away by his role. It doesn't matter to me if they end up dating or not. I just don't think he's experienced enough to tell the difference. Even Bae Yoon Jun was confused about his feelings for CJW but he at least realized it was his character. Song Hye Gyo and Hyun Bin was another pair mixed up with their feelings. I also read Park Min Young and Lee Min Ho broke up as well. Both relationships cited "busy schedules".

Anyway I think JHW is still considered a newbie since he hasn't really done anything major until recently. I'm wondering if he's going to get newcomer award.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 7th, '12, 18:00

Taking Ki Tae Young x Eugene as an example. IMO, Ki Tae Young is not an experience major role actor either but looked where he and Eugene ended up.

Only time will tell if JHW x YIN will become another celeb couple. I mean officially, steadily and long lasting.

I'll just enjoy watching this possible couple coz I admit I do love their onscreen chemistry.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 7th, '12, 22:28

To be honest, whenever I have seen this sort of chemistry between two actors I have always heard that they have fallen in love for real later on. you can just see it in their eyes and it shows its more than just acting. I guess human nature takes over the profession. no matter how excellent they are!
me personally don't find anything wrong with some or most of their romance was for real. It actually excites me more because I am watching more than just acting. I am looking at real love happening between two real people.
I saw JHW for the first time in A Thousand Kisses where I thought he was a newbie too but then I googled him and found out that he has been acting for years.
I like JHW and YIN as a couple anyway so I am totally fine with it. those BTS pictures were dead give away. I hope they don't end up like City Hunter couples though.

now for the ending
I have to say that I am pretty much disappointed with its ending in ep16. even though it was a happy ending that everyone wanted so badly but unfortunately it was a stupid and lazy one.
What was the writer thinking of using the phone as new medium and talisman to bring KBD back to 2013? there was no justification in using the phone except they had quiet a heavy endorsment for that brand and they had to relate it to the device itself.
it totally ruined the last 15 eps and made no sense. It's not like the talisman at all. they could have made him transfer into present time as soon as he kicks the stand to kill himself. it would have made more sense. or even when he burned the black talisman to make HJ forget about him. this is a total noble and selfless act so if he happens to appear in 2012 straight after that, is justifiable.

but the whole talisman presence is related to YW life was stupid idea to begin with. even if nothing had happened to her through out her life, being in Joseon time she naturally will have a shorter life than our present time so he vanish again after some years. I get why talisman took him back to Joseon times when YW was killed. maybe to take her revenge and kill other bad guys. but to be no more use once YW is dead???

in any case, I really did enjoy this drama when it was clever and fresh and the writer kept giving you unexpected plots you never thought of. all characters were good in their roles and chemistry was unique and perfect. pity its ending did not live up to my expectations.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 8th, '12, 15:51

Issy wrote:
What was the writer thinking of using the phone as new medium and talisman to bring KBD back to 2013? there was no justification in using the phone except they had quiet a heavy endorsment for that brand and they had to relate it to the device itself.
it totally ruined the last 15 eps and made no sense. It's not like the talisman at all. they could have made him transfer into present time as soon as he kicks the stand to kill himself. it would have made more sense. or even when he burned the black talisman to make HJ forget about him. this is a total noble and selfless act so if he happens to appear in 2012 straight after that, is justifiable.

but the whole talisman presence is related to YW life was stupid idea to begin with. even if nothing had happened to her through out her life, being in Joseon time she naturally will have a shorter life than our present time so he vanish again after some years. I get why talisman took him back to Joseon times when YW was killed. maybe to take her revenge and kill other bad guys. but to be no more use once YW is dead???
I think the catalyst for time travel is actually "love".
YW's love for BD to keep him safe was placed on the talisman as a medium. After YW's death, the medium became useless. HJ's love for BD was placed on the cellphone which became the medium. It doesn't really make much sense for the cellphone to get reception in Josen times, but then, it's a sci-fi drama. Talismans also don't let people time travel in reality. If you follow the theory that love is the connection. Then if HJ dies, BD will go back to Josen again.
What I do find odd is HJ remembering BD's cellphone number. She's dumb, but she seems to have great memory. She only input it once. Usually people set speed dial and names so you won't need to remember and waste time dialing numbers. And usually, if you don't dial the number often or write it down, you won't remember numbers.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 8th, '12, 16:32

seirin wrote: I think the catalyst for time travel is actually "love".
YW's love for BD to keep him safe was placed on the talisman as a medium. After YW's death, the medium became useless. HJ's love for BD was placed on the cellphone which became the medium. It doesn't really make much sense for the cellphone to get reception in Josen times, but then, it's a sci-fi drama. Talismans also don't let people time travel in reality. If you follow the theory that love is the connection. Then if HJ dies, BD will go back to Josen again.
What I do find odd is HJ remembering BD's cellphone number. She's dumb, but she seems to have great memory. She only input it once. Usually people set speed dial and names so you won't need to remember and waste time dialing numbers. And usually, if you don't dial the number often or write it down, you won't remember numbers.
Of coz the catalyst for time travel is love. Just the medium of transportation was well design, sealed with devoted love by YW and earnest from the monk who wrote it for YW. It was clearly showed on how she got the talisman. And how much she poured her heart and soul to end up attaining it. So tht's why it didnt raise much questions on how and why the talisman ended up being a magical one.

The thing is,
The damn phone was never portrayed having as the same amount of love devotion and earnest. No, I didnt forget tht HJ loves him to death. Even transcend 300 years of separation. But they could have showed it without the need of a physical medium.

Even if they needed to, they should have prepped tht phone to give us the sense tht it's the most precious thing from HJ in the earlier episodes. I even felt tht the necktie has more sense of preciousness compare to the phone. Yup, I know they used the phone booth but phone booth and mobile phone are entirely different things. It's like comparing a talisman with a prayer room in a temple.

So, using the phone as a transportation medium is a bad call for me. Or... in another angle, I can say that, they didnt properly write up the plot where they can believably use the phone as an excuse for the talisman replacement.
Please dont get me wrong. I love this drama so damn much. Evident by my daily rampage on twitter and tumblr. It's just after so much the drama had showed me, I was so so emotionally invested, but at the end, it took a 180 degree turn from its glorious track. Tht I ended up probably permanently damaged from the severe whiplash. Whether I'll ever recover from it. Only time will tell. Or another drama. Heh.

I still love this drama. I'm just not sure how long I'll stay bitter becoz of its ending. *sniffles*

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 8th, '12, 18:37

You mean the photo of the "world's most beautiful woman" and her love call isn't enough?
:lol Beats random words written by the monk on a piece of cloth.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 8th, '12, 22:43

seirin wrote:You mean the photo of the "world's most beautiful woman" and her love call isn't enough?
:lol Beats random words written by the monk on a piece of cloth.
:blink those "random words" were written by the monk. a religious guy after observing someone praying non-stop to her god to save the person she loves from any harm. people do believe in that "piece of cloth" in some places. It's to do with their beliefs.
now I see my sister's point. as much as I love our couple, without YW talisman there was no chance for them two be together. without the talisman BD would simply be dead! I hate to say that but HJ love for BD is no where near YW love for him. all those crying and connection aside, HJ did not do any sacrifices for BD (of course she helped him alot) but YW lost her life trying to protect BD's life even when she know he has left her for someone else!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 9th, '12, 00:32

Issy wrote: I hate to say that but HJ love for BD is no where near YW love for him. all those crying and connection aside, HJ did not do any sacrifices for BD (of course she helped him alot) but YW lost her life trying to protect BD's life even when she know he has left her for someone else!
Unfortunately, however much you give forth doesn't mean you will receive anything. Love works both ways. It takes two to tango. You can give your life, all your money, all your energy, but it will all be in vain if the person doesn't feel the same about you. All you get back may just be appreciation for your thoughts and effort.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 9th, '12, 01:22

IMHO. Yes, a piece of cloth attained from a woman's love, affection and sacrifices, tht was fiercely fought over does beat a <strike>product placement</strike> piece of metal from the future.

As I said before. Bad plot buildup for the phone.

@Issy,
Dont turn me into a second lead syndrome here. :cry:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 9th, '12, 02:53

seirin wrote:
Issy wrote: I hate to say that but HJ love for BD is no where near YW love for him. all those crying and connection aside, HJ did not do any sacrifices for BD (of course she helped him alot) but YW lost her life trying to protect BD's life even when she know he has left her for someone else!
Unfortunately, however much you give forth doesn't mean you will receive anything. Love works both ways. It takes two to tango. You can give your life, all your money, all your energy, but it will all be in vain if the person doesn't feel the same about you. All you get back may just be appreciation for your thoughts and effort.
That was NOT my point. I was simply comparing two women's love in here. The fact that YW love was one sided does not make it any less than HJ's. The talisman worked the whole time YW was alive perfectly well and at the same time when our couple were dating in the presence of almighty phone.

@daryn
Sorry dear. I don't intend to. I was the last person to be on YW side because of our lovely couple but thinking about it after my sister point it out , I also saw that she has loved and helped BD more than HJ and still, he kept thinking how to thank the other girl in front of her.

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Jun 10th, '12, 00:38

Ha...didn't realize JHW was in anything that recent (A thousand kisses...) - I actually knew him from his role in Invincible Lee Pyung Kang. So not really his first rodeo..but I must say I like him in this role a lot better then ILPK :D

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 10th, '12, 09:43

Issy wrote: I also saw that she has loved and helped BD more than HJ and still, he kept thinking how to thank the other girl in front of her.
Love is never fair in reality. But in kdrama land, the good person always loses out to the bad asses. It's like that in pretty much most if not all kdramas. Heck I was routing for the second lead in Goong. I also routed for JYH in You're Beautiful. But happy endings doesn't seem to fair so well for good guys.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 10th, '12, 15:10

Whaaat? Almost no one knew JHW from his earlier works? He is one of my favorite male (drama-)actors and i'v watched almost every of his dramas^^.

But back to this drama.I'm just a few episodes in the drama, but i think the female lead(well, her character) is a little bit ?trampy?. At least i have this impression. I know you can fall instantly in love, well or make out without love in rl. But this was kinda awkward for me. She hits on a guy, whom she saw 3 times before for a short time and on one of these occasions he killed a guy. And he tells you he is a time traveler for gods sake...Even if she believes him, that he is a time traveler and not insane it's still a little bit too fast.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 10th, '12, 15:34

Silverman wrote: But back to this drama.I'm just a few episodes in the drama, but i think the female lead(well, her character) is a little bit ?trampy?. At least i have this impression. I know you can fall instantly in love, well or make out without love in rl. But this was kinda awkward for me. She hits on a guy, whom she saw 3 times before for a short time and on one of these occasions he killed a guy. And he tells you he is a time traveler for gods sake...Even if she believes him, that he is a time traveler and not insane it's still a little bit too fast.
The female lead is suppose to be "dumb". Otherwise this wouldn't work. And she seems to fall in love easily, otherwise she wouldn't have dated Han Dong Min in the first place cuz he's a player. To avoid surprises, she's stupid enough to fall into the same trap twice! She would fall for HDM again if the time traveller didn't exist.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 10th, '12, 22:58

I thought long and hard what bothers me about this drama...and now i know it, the female lead. Don't take me wrong, i like the actress, but i find myself desturbed. She is cute and maybe too cute for this role (my opinion^^) and to see her having sex is for me kinda...uff...how can i describe it. Well i give it a try. It's for me like seeng a puppy or a carebear having sex.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 11th, '12, 00:08

Silverman wrote:I thought long and hard what bothers me about this drama...and now i know it, the female lead. Don't take me wrong, i like the actress, but i find myself desturbed. She is cute and maybe too cute for this role (my opinion^^) and to see her having sex is for me kinda...uff...how can i describe it. Well i give it a try. It's for me like seeng a puppy or a carebear having sex.
Hahaha. You fall for the cute and innocent trap too easily ^^; If you saw the Japanorama show about high school prostitution, you'll have second thoughts about "image" and "reality". There was a section about sex in Japan and they interviewed a high school girl. She says people like the cute and innocent types. People think they're so cute and innocent (but they're not).

aility

Post by aility » Jun 11th, '12, 02:20

If I may quickly write my opinion on the ending of this dramas, albeit not the most clever way of doing it, but I can see why the writer chose to do what she did.

I also believe the whole point behind this whole device was love.
The writer wanted to show us how deeply connected they were. When he burned the talisman, she lost her memories of him, while he kept his ( I believe). And so their lives continued in each their time. However, when that letter surfaced again, HJ's dormant memories started to stirr again, and thus recreating their connection. I think it was neccessary for the talisman to get burned, as it was a part of YW's love and sacrifice, and thus using that as a mean for the two to be together would be unfair. So after the burning, the couple would have to start from scratch. But BD did keep a token of love from HJ, which was the cellphone. And do also keep in mind that a phone has been emphasized all the way from their start of a way for them to reconnect.

So when BJ was close to being discovered again and could potentially stirr up trouble in the court, leading to a reversal of everything that he has sacrifised. he chose to end his life in order to prevent this. Fate or whatever hidden forces (cause-effect) decided to play its role again, and therefor HJ started to remember again, and having pain in her heart, just like the previous time BD was in a life or dead situation... Getting back all her memories, she tried to reach him in the only way she knows (albeit I was also surprised that she was able to remember the number so well, but I guess desperation makes you do a lot of things), with the phone! But unlike the earlier episodes, not a public phone this time... And well, the rest is history.

To be honest, I cannot think of a better device for the writer to use...

HOWEVER, I would ALSO have been satisfied IF the drama ended at Ep.14 or 15. I do understand your point of views that the cellphone is a rather LAME thing to use, but if you look at the whole picture, it also makes semi-sense. Or have I been too brainwashed?

Have to credit the writer for picking up the loose ends and tied things together rather nicely. I mean, of course it wasnt the best. But THANKFULLY, I liked this ending more than what occured in RTP. Can still not get over those scars.
RANT END, SLEEP!!!!!!

@Daryn, I was really really worried about the ending due to your MAJOR disappointment, but in a way, I am glad I dont share your sentiment, mainly because I was preparing myself for the WORST, but somehow as I was watching the last 4 episodes, it kinda didnt go as bad as I thought... And sometimes, I am glad we dont always agree ^^

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 11th, '12, 08:16

seirin wrote:
Silverman wrote:I thought long and hard what bothers me about this drama...and now i know it, the female lead. Don't take me wrong, i like the actress, but i find myself desturbed. She is cute and maybe too cute for this role (my opinion^^) and to see her having sex is for me kinda...uff...how can i describe it. Well i give it a try. It's for me like seeng a puppy or a carebear having sex.
Hahaha. You fall for the cute and innocent trap too easily ^^; If you saw the Japanorama show about high school prostitution, you'll have second thoughts about "image" and "reality". There was a section about sex in Japan and they interviewed a high school girl. She says people like the cute and innocent types. People think they're so cute and innocent (but they're not).
No, i don't fall for the innocent and cute. I actually think , that these whole "cute" things are a big turn off (in most cases), especially girls who act cute. Don't get me wrong, i like puppies...but i don't want to f**k them.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 11th, '12, 08:45

Silverman wrote:She is cute and maybe too cute for this role (my opinion^^) and to see her having sex is for me kinda...uff...how can i describe it.
Cute girls can't have sex? :scratch:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 11th, '12, 09:05

They can have sex^^. Ok i have to explain further. With "cute" i mean cute like a puppy, cub or a small child. I don't mean "cute" as in pretty. And for ME is a mature girl/woman, who acts cute, a big turn off(in most cases, not all).

aility

Post by aility » Jun 11th, '12, 09:47

Silverman wrote:They can have sex^^. Ok i have to explain further. With "cute" i mean cute like a puppy, cub or a small child. I don't mean "cute" as in pretty. And for ME is a mature girl/woman, who acts cute, a big turn off(in most cases, not all).
Sometimes cuteness doesn't fade with age... good thing we all have different tastes, is all I am saying.

and if you cannot imagine a cute mature woman being sexual, then don't?

And I think the reason she is written as she is, is perhaps to emphasize the contrast with Kim BongDo?

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Jun 11th, '12, 12:54

aility wrote:If I may quickly write my opinion on the ending of this dramas, albeit not the most clever way of doing it, but I can see why the writer chose to do what she did.

The writer wanted to show us how deeply connected they were. When he burned the talisman, she lost her memories of him, while he kept his ( I believe). And so their lives continued in each their time. However, when that letter surfaced again, HJ's dormant memories started to stirr again, and thus recreating their connection. I think it was neccessary for the talisman to get burned, as it was a part of YW's love and sacrifice, and thus using that as a mean for the two to be together would be unfair. So after the burning, the couple would have to start from scratch. But BD did keep a token of love from HJ, which was the cellphone. And do also keep in mind that a phone has been emphasized all the way from their start of a way for them to reconnect.

So when BJ was close to being discovered again and could potentially stirr up trouble in the court, leading to a reversal of everything that he has sacrifised. he chose to end his life in order to prevent this. Fate or whatever hidden forces (cause-effect) decided to play its role again, and therefor HJ started to remember again, and having pain in her heart, just like the previous time BD was in a life or dead situation... Getting back all her memories, she tried to reach him in the only way she knows (albeit I was also surprised that she was able to remember the number so well, but I guess desperation makes you do a lot of things), with the phone! But unlike the earlier episodes, not a public phone this time... And well, the rest is history.

HOWEVER, I would ALSO have been satisfied IF the drama ended at Ep.14 or 15. I do understand your point of views that the cellphone is a rather LAME thing to use, but if you look at the whole picture, it also makes semi-sense. Or have I been too brainwashed?

Have to credit the writer for picking up the loose ends and tied things together rather nicely. I mean, of course it wasnt the best. But THANKFULLY, I liked this ending more than what occured in RTP. Can still not get over those scars.
if you want
1) A happy-but-not-that-conclusive ending, watch until ep 14.
2) A heart-wrenching ending and left a longing feeling for more but its okay to end like that, till ep 15.
3) A fusion-sageuk happy ending style, with slightly WTF moment, till the end of ep 16.
BUT
Somehow I don't think the handphone is what has become the talisman's replacement. The line between their two worlds was reconnected when she revisited the palace ground and 'going through' his body. That's why the phone can work again as a mean of communication and sign to tell BD that he can go back to the future. For that to happen, she has to call him, which is when she remembers it all. Which also means, destroying or damaging the talisman will not be causing the memory been erased, rather an alternate different memory-path been re-written onto the old one. That old memory must have been kept closed deep and hidden, waiting for some trigger to be brought to surface.

Why is it then, when the talisman was cut or burnt, one person remembers and the other forgets? I presume that, in order to retain the bigger portion of the original memory, one has to be with the other's symbol of love. In the first case, HJ was in the car and the second BD has the phone(or wallet or necktie or suit;whatever has the bigger 'heart' in it). Of course, the degree of damage constitutes to how deep will the original be hidden

Enough of theory, but after thinking like this. I don't find the ending was irritating at all. In fact, why the big-fuss about it? The only slight disappointment is, I hope the team can incorporated the first scene in the first episode when BD leapt from his horse to modern time in the last episode. That'll make it great.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 11th, '12, 12:59

aility wrote:If I may quickly write my opinion on the ending of this dramas, albeit not the most clever way of doing it, but I can see why the writer chose to do what she did.

RANT END, SLEEP!!!!!!

@Daryn, I was really really worried about the ending due to your MAJOR disappointment, but in a way, I am glad I dont share your sentiment, mainly because I was preparing myself for the WORST, but somehow as I was watching the last 4 episodes, it kinda didnt go as bad as I thought... And sometimes, I am glad we dont always agree ^^
@aility,
I'll glad my disappointment didnt ruin you. Hahaha... But as I said, plot buildup for the phone was half-ass for me. :cussing: Compare to what they did along those wonderful 15 episodes. Yes, yes. This bitter lady has calm down a bit now.
My huge out lashes were maybe partly due to my high, VERY HIGH expectation for the drama. The ending just became too anti climatic since seeing how much they built it up until Episode 15. In my heart and head (I plead temporary insanity here and there while watching QIHM), I wanted to make QIHM my <strike>perfect</strike> almost perfect drama. Coz nothing is perfect.

I guess in the end, I'll just put this slightly above my average dramas but still not the top of the list. Oh well, the search continues. :whistling:

aility

Post by aility » Jun 11th, '12, 15:30

iLLusiOnEr wrote: if you want
1) A happy-but-not-that-conclusive ending, watch until ep 14.
2) A heart-wrenching ending and left a longing feeling for more but its okay to end like that, till ep 15.
3) A fusion-sageuk happy ending style, with slightly WTF moment, till the end of ep 16.
Very well summarised, I totally agree with you! :D

@Daryn, I somehow think a perfect drama doesn't exist. but QIHM is definitely on my TOP3. whereas KBD is in my humble opinion one of the best male characters created in a Korean drama. ATM I cannot think of a better character. How refreshing it is to watch a drama without the usual acting like an ass because of love crap to get some angst in the serie :whistling: But ep. 14 and 15 was oboy so intense... SO INTENSE

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 11th, '12, 15:50

Yes, I agree on Kim Boong Do. The best character tht they ever made in Kdramas. I love love love him so much. JHW just happens to be awesome in that role. Though the occasional wrist grabbing does irks me a tiny bit but as long as she doesnt look like she's in pain then I'm all okay. I do thank Writer Song for making Kim Boong Do. Not sure if we'll ever see anyone like him again. Hehehe....

Yes, yes. Totally agree on the intensity of Epi 14 and especially Epi 15. Awesome. I was biting my nails and sitting at the edge of my seat while I watched Ep 15 live. It was clearly evident by my running madwoman tweets. Wahahaha... No sure if you read my tweets tht day coz I know you normally avoid my regular QIHM spazz day. :P

Oh about Epi 15, I love it when KBD broke down when he was warped back to Joseon. Coz he's always typically cool as a cucumber. Nothing seems to ruffle his feathers. His emotional progression with HJ was made steadily and believably. So these adds up to the major angst. I mean major major angst since we got angst in Epi 14 already. Never have I thought they'll give us another big fat angst after Epi 14. But I do understand tht they need to tie things up with the talisman. It was nicely done in Epi 15.

aility

Post by aility » Jun 11th, '12, 16:06

Yeah, after watching Ep.14, I was like, LET THE DRAMA END NOWWWWW!!! While in the back of my head, those lose ends also irked me. so in a way I was happy for ep.15...

Out of the last 4 eps, the final ep was the one which didnt speak to me the most, whereas all the other just made me almost cry.... and biting my nails.

The only thing that went through my head as I watched the last 5 minutes was: Man, that is some HEAVY lip action going on. HAHAHAHA... I bet JHW was giving his all in that last scene, savouring for his upcoming 2 years in the army :whistling:

BTW, I also had in mind what you ladies were so upset about during ep.13 when KBD was hurt and was just walking around instead of going to the hospital. I think it is actually a logical action seen from KBD's point of view. All he cared about was to know what will happen with QIH, he knew he had fallen into a trap. And I also believe he didn't know a modern thing as a hospital existed... He did look surprised when he tried to escape.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 11th, '12, 16:11

The upset lady was Orion. Not me. I totally defended KBD's action. Coz characteristically it's believable he acted tht way.

Please note. JHW is smooching someone of his real interest. :P Killing 2 birds with one stone?

aility

Post by aility » Jun 11th, '12, 16:20

darynrose wrote:The upset lady was Orion. Not me. I totally defended KBD's action. Coz characteristically it's believable he acted tht way.

Please note. JHW is smooching someone of his real interest. :P Killing 2 birds with one stone?
Ah true, all I managed to read was her ranting about his actions. I am glad you agree with me on this point =P

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 11th, '12, 16:32

Well... of coz. We cant both mutually agree and disagree on everything. Makes us unique.

It is just me or does KBD in black suit walking around with a sword in his hand look so hot. I mean hotter.
Minus the sword at his throat tht is. But still HOT!
Last edited by darynrose on Jun 11th, '12, 16:44, edited 2 times in total.

aility

Post by aility » Jun 11th, '12, 16:40

STEAMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have ALWAYS had a weak spot for men in uniform/suit/tux....

Makes me goo totally gooeey inside :Whistling:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 11th, '12, 21:07

Now i'm half way through the drama (i don't mind spolers in a romance drama. Just in some serious detective-dramas.). And till now i must say you are right, that KBD is one of the best smart characters i've seen in kdramas. I mean in almost all other dramas, where they say, that the guy/girl is a genius or very smart, though these characters don't act like that in almost all cases. Even the opposite...they are idiots. Not to confuse with being naive (you can be a genius and naive at the same time), but really dumb. Or can you believe, that a person, who had a scholarship in Harvard as a foreign student, couldn't connect certain events, if he has evidence before his eyes? But KBD is able to do this (well at least until the point i watched the drama).

As for the last kiss. I think, that it's actually more difficult to have a drama kiss with someone you are involved in rl. Because at that point you basically expose "your soul" and what you want to stay private. At least it's my opinion.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 12th, '12, 05:12

I haven't found any flaws in KBD actually. He even realizes Yong Wol likes him, but all he can offer her is position as his concubine so she doesn't have to live as a slave to repay her kindness. He's quick to correct his insult too, :lol claiming Hee Jin isn't dumb, she just doesn't pay attention in class ^^; I really wonder if BD truly believes that.

anisahx

Post by anisahx » Jun 17th, '12, 23:13

There is something I will never understand

the second time boong do traveled both his horse and an assassin came with him. ... How is that possible?
If only he can travel how did they get to the future?!

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 17th, '12, 23:33

It was never explain in the drama. Unless I miss tht one.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 17th, '12, 23:41

anisahx wrote:There is something I will never understand

the second time boong do traveled both his horse and an assassin came with him. ... How is that possible?
If only he can travel how did they get to the future?!
It was something I was wondering about earlier on too. They never explained it, but I am guessing maybe blood from the horse and assassin was splashed on the talisman. They never explained how the talisman was linked solely for KBD other than the fact the prayer and the person who drew the talisman did it with KDB in mind. In the first episode, KBD was hurt and the talisman was soiled with his blood. I take that as KBD being linked to the talisman through blood.

anisahx

Post by anisahx » Jun 18th, '12, 02:38

It makes sense what you're saying but, the horse was never injured.
Also when they first enter the future the assassin is riding behind him about to shoot ... but in KBD's flashback the were fighting hand on :/

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 18th, '12, 03:48

I guess it's just one of these plotholes, which were either missed by the writers or intentionally made, because the scene was more dramatic this way. A guy comes from nowhere and kills an another guy, who vanishes. It's far more mysterious, than a guy, who stands there and looks puzzled (for a second time).

Another reason could be, that the writer sometimes change their story a little, after the first episodes were already aired, so that in the end, the whole things don't add up.

On the other hand, it also could be, that a part of the drama, where this was explained, was cut to fit in the timeframe.

The last theory i have(and in my eyes the most reasonable) is, that the drama was filmed before it aired and all the scenes for certain locations were filmed at once. At the point, when the drama was edited, it was too late (or expensive) to film the scenes again, which don't exactly fit together.

anisahx

Post by anisahx » Jun 18th, '12, 08:04

All of your ideas make sense, it was most likely to do with filming, but it really is annoyin when writers/directors do this ^^;;

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 24th, '12, 17:58

i want to watch this (and then some other tvn shows like vampire prosecutor, marriage scheme and 12 men in a year), but i don't know which versions to download. i remember downloading 2 versions of flower boy ramyun shop and they were horrendous in that the audio and video were out of sync, and the video had some artifacts too. i'm guessing (hoping) the encoders got better, or that the good ones became attracted to cable drama, and that all the versions are good now, but i want to make sure.
preferably smaller versions (450p) cause i'm really low on hdd space (which is why i'm asking this in the first place, can't experiment much), but if they suck 720p will do too. i just want things to be in sync and the video relatively good ^^;

thanks in advance to anyone who answers!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 25th, '12, 06:23

Avoid ArigaTo at all cost. :salut: