Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
EriKira

Post by EriKira » May 13th, '12, 18:52

Lacking of dorama to watch.
Any suggestion ?
The rules is simple, have kawaii actress inside :wub: and it is not a boring one :D

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 14th, '12, 01:58

EriKira wrote:Lacking of dorama to watch.
Any suggestion ?
The rules is simple, have kawaii actress inside :wub: and it is not a boring one :D
Just google some actresses you like and find out what dramas they've been in. Off the top of my head there's Yuko Takeuchi, Inoue Mao, Mizukawa Asami, Ueto Aya, Haruka Ayase, Horikita Maki, etc

EriKira

Post by EriKira » May 14th, '12, 15:25

seirin wrote:
Just google some actresses you like and find out what dramas they've been in. Off the top of my head there's Yuko Takeuchi, Inoue Mao, Mizukawa Asami, Ueto Aya, Haruka Ayase, Horikita Maki, etc
okay, I guess I am going to find out about Yuko Takeuchi's dorama since many ppl talk about her these time :mrgreen:

dramelencholy

Post by dramelencholy » May 19th, '12, 13:38

antoku wrote:Help me educate my mom (with fiction)!

My mom's going to visit me in Japan pretty soon. I'm pretty into history (kabuki, nohgaku, Genpei wars, sengoku, bakumatsu, all that jazz) and I'd like to try to show her what Japan means to me. Can anyone recommend me a hopefully not-too-long jidai-geki that might give her some context for the stuff I'm planning to show her?

Like, I could tell her to watch Shinsen-gumi and then take her around Kyoto and show her the location of the Ikeda-ya and she'd know what it meant to be there since she'd watched the show. Only if I told her to watch a 50 episode drama I'd pretty sure she'd get two episodes in and quit, so Taiga drama might not be the best.

Can someone recommend something a little shorter, ideally set pre-Meiji?
My cousin recommends JIN. I haven't watched it but I think it's very interesting. It's a medical drama where a brain surgeon travels back in time to the Edo period. It's only 11 eps for the 1st and 2nd seasons, and according to my cousin this drama has a really solid story, plus all the actors are really good. I'm planning to watch this one soon!

Hope this helps!! (:

TheVicarious

Post by TheVicarious » May 20th, '12, 10:25

Hey guys.

Searching for a good dramatic drama with strong scenes and serious moments. Not so much comedic stuff. I mean comedy can be there to a point, but I want it to be mostly serious. Like that japanese movie Time Traveller for instance which think did a great job balancing the two.

Thanks!

EriKira

Post by EriKira » May 21st, '12, 18:03

TheVicarious wrote:Hey guys.

Searching for a good dramatic drama with strong scenes and serious moments. Not so much comedic stuff. I mean comedy can be there to a point, but I want it to be mostly serious. Like that japanese movie Time Traveller for instance which think did a great job balancing the two.

Thanks!
I don't really get what you mean by "dramatic",
but I will try, maybe you will like
Saikou no jinsei owarikata (It's about human drama)
JIN (About a doctor who time slipped to the past)
Kaseifu no mita (A maid who will do everything you ask)
Bloody monday (It's about cyber crime)

And many serious dramas in my HDD, but maybe it's the best, I think :D

complexfest

Post by complexfest » May 21st, '12, 18:14

Hey guys.

Thanks!
I think Maou is what you're looking for!

EriKira

Post by EriKira » May 25th, '12, 19:46

Hi guys.
I am seeking for a crime dorama.
What I mean crime is it's a perfect crime and it is a serial crime case.
For example is Bloody Monday, Death Note, Maou.

Any recommend ?
:D

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » May 25th, '12, 20:34

Hi EriKira,

I usually prefer episodic crime/detective/mystery dramas and not sure how perfect you will find these but you can check out:

Shinzanmono (one of my favorites for detective/crime dramas)
Joker Yurusarezaru Sosakan
Keizoku and Keizoku 2 spec
Lucky seven (havent watched it yet so not sure how perfect the crimes are but has kawaii actresses and I remember you were looking for those)
Mikeneko Holmes no Suiri (again, havent watched it but with kawaii actresses)
Strawberry Night
Zeni Geba

EriKira

Post by EriKira » May 27th, '12, 07:44

kirtil wrote:Hi EriKira,

I usually prefer episodic crime/detective/mystery dramas and not sure how perfect you will find these but you can check out:

Shinzanmono (one of my favorites for detective/crime dramas)
Joker Yurusarezaru Sosakan
Keizoku and Keizoku 2 spec
Lucky seven (havent watched it yet so not sure how perfect the crimes are but has kawaii actresses and I remember you were looking for those)
Mikeneko Holmes no Suiri (again, havent watched it but with kawaii actresses)
Strawberry Night
Zeni Geba
I will try to watch these :cheers:
Anyone have swindler dorama ? Or a serial crime dorama (Not per episode crime) ?
Recommend me, guys if you know a good one :D

SithSylar

Post by SithSylar » May 27th, '12, 09:20

Hi guys/girls just wondering can anyone recommend me some jdrama thats super super sad that has come out this year????, or maybe something coming out later this year and i should track. thanks very much in advance.

tarumpaw

Post by tarumpaw » May 27th, '12, 15:46

are there any good cooking jdrama?

EriKira

Post by EriKira » May 27th, '12, 15:51

tarumpaw wrote:are there any good cooking jdrama?
Hungry! is the only cooking dorama I ever watched :)

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » May 27th, '12, 16:12

tarumpaw wrote:are there any good cooking jdrama?
Hey tarumpaw,

Recap about 3 pages ago (suggestions about food dramas) :
dramelencholy wrote:Hi! I love food doramas like Lunch Queen and Osen! Can anyone recommed any other doramas that has the same sense of comedy and love for food? Replies would be greatly appreciated! (:
kirtil wrote:Hey dramelencholy,

Oishii Gohan comes to mind. The food part was mainly rice but I would recommend it to everyone. A very heartwarming dorama.

Then there are these that might better fit what you are looking for :
Bambino!, My Little Chef (Abe Hiroshi), Oishii Puropozu, Sushi Oji (more comedy but sushi focused), Delicious Gakuin (havent watched it but I understand its a comedy oriented food dorama), and most recent one; Hungry! (said to be very good but still havent watched it)

Have fun, my favorites were Oishii Gohan, Lunch Queen and because Abe Hiroshi was in it, My little chef.

There are also good kdoramas about food, if you interested you can ask in that other thread.
beailoveyou wrote:Try watching Shinya Shokudo... although it's not really a comedy, per se. It has some light and comedic parts but most are really just heart-warming tales. :D
I also checked Shinya Shokudo after beailoveyou's suggestion and I found it very interesting and fun.

I hope these would help.

Nemesis4

Post by Nemesis4 » May 28th, '12, 21:43

Hi all,

I just finished Tiger & Dragon and Kisarazu Cats Eye, and I wonder if there are any other (comedy)dramas like these around.

I have also seen My boss my hero, mr brain, liar game and hana yori dango, and liked these.

Thanks in advance!

antspace

Post by antspace » May 28th, '12, 22:29

@ Nemesis4
I would recommend Manhattan love story, Ikebukuro West Gate Park and 11 Nin mo Iru! Oh yeah, Unubore Deka is fine too. So, basically anything written by Kudo Kankuro... 8)

antspace

Post by antspace » May 28th, '12, 22:41

SithSylar wrote:Hi guys/girls just wondering can anyone recommend me some jdrama thats super super sad that has come out this year????, or maybe something coming out later this year and i should track. thanks very much in advance.
Last year there was the very brilliant and sad Soredemo Ikite Yuku! This year I haven't watched any sad dorama's. Maybe Shokuzai... That's more of a thriller than sad though.

Nemesis4

Post by Nemesis4 » May 31st, '12, 23:12

thanks for the tips, Antspace!

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Jun 6th, '12, 16:35

Guys, I am searching for very funny dorama which have a story line too.
For example : my boss my hero , atashinchi no danshi , samurai high school

because I am really stress out with my college assignments right now :cry: :cry:
Please help me release my stress by recommending me :salut:

naokanzaki
United States of America

Post by naokanzaki » Jun 7th, '12, 01:22

^^ Found the following to be good fun watches, not the most popular ones but if you like the ones you listed these may be good for you:
Ouran High School Host Club
Otomen
Hammer Session- currently viewing
Ryokiteki na Kanojo- not a high school one but one of the funniest you'll see with a good story.

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Jun 7th, '12, 02:42

EriKira wrote:Guys, I am searching for very funny dorama which have a story line too.
For example : my boss my hero , atashinchi no danshi , samurai high school

because I am really stress out with my college assignments right now :cry: :cry:
Please help me release my stress by recommending me :salut:
give kekkon dekinai otoko a try - its quite funny :D

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Jun 7th, '12, 12:20

naokanzaki wrote:^^ Found the following to be good fun watches, not the most popular ones but if you like the ones you listed these may be good for you:
Ouran High School Host Club
Otomen
Hammer Session- currently viewing
Ryokiteki na Kanojo- not a high school one but one of the funniest you'll see with a good story.
oohh I have watched Ouran High schoo.
Yeah it's really funny :D :D
I don't like Otomen and Hammer Session :-(
I will try to look into Ryokiteki na Kanojo :D :D
Thanks nao for recommended me :wub:

Shindou wrote:
give kekkon dekinai otoko a try - its quite funny :D
I have watched that. But, Thanks yeah for your recommendation :cheers: :cheers:

If have more funny n LMAO dorama please tell me :D :D

kirtil
Turkey

Post by kirtil » Jun 8th, '12, 07:03

Hey EriKira,

I just found this and not sure if it will suit your tastes (from what I understand a knowledge of rpg games on ps2 or equivalent was required, especially dragonquest series) but I laughed a lot in first episode so I recommend you to check out Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro.

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Jun 12th, '12, 07:04

Nodame Cantabile and Hotaru no Hikari have some funny moments, maybe they are not all RFLMAO but they are still light comedy dramas and very much worth watching.

juventuscadillac

Post by juventuscadillac » Jun 15th, '12, 05:15

hey, guys,

can you recommend a good romance comedy drama or just something good and funny!

I haven't seen any jdramas in the last two years, so I would appreciated if you guys can give me something recent or made in the last two years, thanks.

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Jun 15th, '12, 06:15

Don Quixote (2011) is a comedy Jdrama that was pretty successful, I watched it too and thought it was pretty good.

dnoparker

Post by dnoparker » Jun 20th, '12, 12:57

I am new to Japanese dramas and I am unsure on what to watch. I really like super natural sort of themes, Supernatural being my favourite american TV series. Can anyone recommend anything along them lines?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 20th, '12, 13:41

dnoparker wrote:I am new to Japanese dramas and I am unsure on what to watch. I really like super natural sort of themes, Supernatural being my favourite american TV series. Can anyone recommend anything along them lines?
Trick, Nanase Futatabi, Orthros no Inu, Yasha

dnoparker

Post by dnoparker » Jun 20th, '12, 13:52

seirin wrote:
dnoparker wrote:I am new to Japanese dramas and I am unsure on what to watch. I really like super natural sort of themes, Supernatural being my favourite american TV series. Can anyone recommend anything along them lines?
Trick, Nanase Futatabi, Orthros no Inu, Yasha
Thank you ^^ I love the sound of Orthros no inu and Trick.

antspace

Post by antspace » Jun 20th, '12, 14:08

If you don't mind the absurdistic, then Atami no Sousakan is a brilliant supernatural drama. If you don't mind talking deer, then watch Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi :-)

wobblywalker

Post by wobblywalker » Jun 20th, '12, 16:06

Supernatural...
I liked Shabake and Dororo (movie), Shabake has a sequel Usouso, but I see no seeds.

My TOP favorite series would be Saiyuuki and it's sequel, although I hear Kaibutsu-kun is pretty good...
:)

dnoparker

Post by dnoparker » Jun 20th, '12, 16:10

wobblywalker wrote:Supernatural...
I liked Shabake and Dororo (movie), Shabake has a sequel Usouso, but I see no seeds.

My TOP favorite series would be Saiyuuki and it's sequel, although I hear Kaibutsu-kun is pretty good...
Forgive me if this is a silly question. But does Saiyuuki have any connection with Dragonball? I notice the main character is called Son Goku ><

EDIT -

Nevermind this question xD I have just read about Journey to the West:)

orange_girl

Post by orange_girl » Jun 21st, '12, 12:40

wobblywalker wrote:Supernatural...

OMG!!! where did u watched or downloaded DORORO? ive been searching for this movie for such a long time :cry:

wobblywalker

Post by wobblywalker » Jun 21st, '12, 13:59

Well I don't know about now, but you might try ebay or Amazon. I bought the dvd when the movie first came out but gave it to my cousin a long time ago. Sadly they never made a sequel, it was an 'unfinished business' sort of ending (for me anyway). The lead actors/actresses were great.

orange_girl

Post by orange_girl » Jun 21st, '12, 20:29

wobblywalker wrote:Well I don't know about now, but you might try ebay or Amazon. I bought the dvd when the movie first came out but gave it to my cousin a long time ago. Sadly they never made a sequel, it was an 'unfinished business' sort of ending (for me anyway). The lead actors/actresses were great.
i see.. thanks for the info... and about the lead actor/actress was actually my favorite since i saw them in Orange Days :thumleft:

wobblywalker

Post by wobblywalker » Jun 21st, '12, 21:22

Kou Shibasaki became a top favorite with me after I saw her in Galileo, and Tsumabuki Satoshi is so great in this role, Eita and the other actors are wonderful as well, oh I really wish they had made the Dororo sequel!!!
T_T

orange_girl

Post by orange_girl » Jun 22nd, '12, 05:50

wobblywalker wrote:Kou Shibasaki became a top favorite with me after I saw her in Galileo, and Tsumabuki Satoshi is so great in this role, Eita and the other actors are wonderful as well, oh I really wish they had made the Dororo sequel!!!
T_T
Wow! i do love GALILEO too... Masaharu Fukuyama (as u can see on my Ava ^^), Satoshi Tsumabuki and Kou Shibasaki was my ultimate fav Japan artis :D have u watch Orange Days?

wobblywalker

Post by wobblywalker » Jun 22nd, '12, 07:07

I did watch it after seeing Dororo, wanted to see them interact in a series, they were really good, I keep wondering if they'll be in anything upcoming... seems like so many of the stars that were big a couple of years ago have disappeared from view. Are they on vacation or what? I don't follow very closely though, maybe some of them are doing variety shows or something. Lately been enjoying Deka Wanko, lots of great ensemble interaction, which is one of the elements I really liked about the older series Hero (with Kimutaku). Hope you can track down Dororo, although I will say it was panned, kind of like The Last Airbender (which I also liked). I also liked Tsumabuki in Waterboys, I barely recognized Tamaki Hiroshi in that!

orange_girl

Post by orange_girl » Jun 22nd, '12, 07:27

wobblywalker wrote:I did watch it after seeing Dororo, wanted to see them interact in a series, they were really good, I keep wondering if they'll be in anything upcoming... seems like so many of the stars that were big a couple of years ago have disappeared from view. Are they on vacation or what? I don't follow very closely though, maybe some of them are doing variety shows or something. Lately been enjoying Deka Wanko, lots of great ensemble interaction, which is one of the elements I really liked about the older series Hero (with Kimutaku). Hope you can track down Dororo, although I will say it was panned, kind of like The Last Airbender (which I also liked). I also liked Tsumabuki in Waterboys, I barely recognized Tamaki Hiroshi in that!
u rite, i miss to see them on dorama again... as we know Tsumabuki was quite actived on a movie and for Kou i thought that she was focus with her singer career recently :'(

am00339

Post by am00339 » Jun 23rd, '12, 14:14

could use a good laugh. please suggest comedy to watch. おねがいします!

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jun 26th, '12, 03:00

^--My three favorite comedies are Trick (comedy/mystery w/ great humor), Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (basically Abe Hiroshi being awesome... comdey/romance) and a tie between Gonzo (police drama/comedy) and Seigi no Mikata (comedy/romance). You can't go wrong with those four.

And if you've already seen 'em, there are plenty of others I could recommend.

Anyway, the reason I'm here at all today is because I've been out of the jdrama loop for a while. About a year or so, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. What have been the best shows in the past year or so? Or, if not "best," which ones have you fine people enjoyed? I'm game for any genre but tragedy.

ADiosMio

Post by ADiosMio » Jun 29th, '12, 04:54

Hi ^_^ I'm looking for comedy or semi-comedic dramas with cute romances. Non cute romance is cool too I guess lol. I also like some serious dramas, but not as much (Kurosagi was okay...)

My favorites of all time are Yasuko to Kenji and Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. I didn't really like Attention Please--it was fine but just didn't have the same quality, and the characters were dull.
Zettai Kareshi was good toward the end, but dumb in the beginning and also kind of frustrating for spoiler reasons
HE'S A ROBOT DAMNIT DON'T THROW YOUR LIFE AWAY.
I hated Ikemen desu ne and couldn't get past the first episode >_> Hana Yori Dango was of course good, HanaKimi was fine but I wanted to hit the protag over the head once again for her romantic choice, so the ending was kinda sour. Nobuta was fine, but slow and not really addictive. Nodame Cantabile was pretty good, I liked it, but not nearly as much as the first two I mentioned. Kimi wa Petto was cute, but another one of those slow ones with a bad romantic choice (you might start seeing a pet peeve pattern here... :P).

Soo... Any more recommendations for me? Thank you! I guess one thing I should mention is I don't really like plots that pair a very young woman with a man old enough to be her father. Dunno how common that is in JDrama but it makes me feel blechy to watch.

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Jun 29th, '12, 05:09

ADiosMio wrote:Hi ^_^ I'm looking for comedy or semi-comedic dramas with cute romances. Non cute romance is cool too I guess lol. I also like some serious dramas, but not as much (Kurosagi was okay...)
I know they're a little dated but you might want to try some these:
Last Christmas - i really liked this one
Hero - this was quite fun
Proposal Daisakusen
Nodame Cantabile (i think ppl have either a love/hate relationship with this one)
Plenty of good kdramas recently too :D

Feel free to check out others I listed here: http://shindou2006.blogspot.com/p/best- ... ramas.html

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Jun 29th, '12, 07:58

@ADiosMio: My favorite comedy drama is by far Hotaru no Hikari. On top of being funny, it leaves you with this warm feeling every time you watch it. I highly recommend it, especially if you're like me and you hate "manga-like" comedy in dramas. :)

complexfest

Post by complexfest » Jun 29th, '12, 12:56

Anyway, the reason I'm here at all today is because I've been out of the jdrama loop for a while. About a year or so, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. What have been the best shows in the past year or so? Or, if not "best," which ones have you fine people enjoyed? I'm game for any genre but tragedy.
IS (very meaningful drama,If you like serious stuff you'll enjoy it)
Yuusha Yoshiko to Maou no Shiro (if you like crazy stuff,parody of rpg)
Don Quixote (nice comedy, great Matsuda Shota)
Kaseifu no Mita (I wouldn't call it a tragedy but it has some serious stuff in it)
Yokai Ningen Bem (very nice fantasy drama)
Strawberry Night (excellent police drama, if you decide to watch it, there is an SP before the drama)
Kagi no Kakatta Heya (one of the best mystery dramas I've ever seen)
Legal High (So much fun)

ADiosMio

Post by ADiosMio » Jun 29th, '12, 21:54

@Shindou Yeah mentioned in my post that I saw Nodame and it was fine ^^' I didn't love it but didn't hate it either, the last episodes were cute although the 'foreign' conductor character was a bit too silly.

I will check of Proposal Daisakusen I think, thank you!

@Keikan DL'd that now, it looks like a reverse Kekkon Dekinai Otoko :)

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Jun 30th, '12, 05:49

Mwulf wrote: Anyway, the reason I'm here at all today is because I've been out of the jdrama loop for a while. About a year or so, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. What have been the best shows in the past year or so? Or, if not "best," which ones have you fine people enjoyed? I'm game for any genre but tragedy.
i have a feeling you might enjoy Shinzanmono - shameless plug :D -> http://shindou2006.blogspot.com/2012/06 ... eview.html

tannl

Post by tannl » Jul 2nd, '12, 15:20

hi all,
i watch my dramas by year. im still stuck in 2009 dramas though.
with regard to 2009 dramas, i have watched/gonna watch the following.

boss
buzzer beat
liar game 2
godhand teru
love shuffle
majo saiban
meichan no shitsuji
mr brain
orthos no inu
rescue
romes
smile
tokyo dogs
voice

any more good jdoramas in the year 2009 to recommend? or should i move on to year 2010?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 4th, '12, 00:21

tannl wrote: any more good jdoramas in the year 2009 to recommend? or should i move on to year 2010?
Triangle (although ending sucked)
Kiina is kinda interesting.
Code Blue SP
Hancho
Shiroi Haru
Atashinchi no Danshi
Aishiteru
Rinjo is pretty interesting but I found the pace a bit slow

Royal

Post by Royal » Jul 4th, '12, 12:37

I just finished Legal High, and I loved it. So far It's my favorite drama, along with the original GTO.

Could anybody suggest something similar to it? I really enjoyed the comedy, and I loved how it was really fast paced. I've been looking for more comedy dramas like Legal High, but it seems that whenever people ask for comedy, they get suggestions like Nobuta wo Produce and Hana Yori Dango, which I found really boring and not funny at all.

So basically, please help me figure out which of the generally recommended comedies are more Legal High style and less Hana Yori Dango style comedies! Thanks!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 4th, '12, 13:32

Royal wrote:I just finished Legal High, and I loved it. So far It's my favorite drama, along with the original GTO.

Could anybody suggest something similar to it? I really enjoyed the comedy, and I loved how it was really fast paced. I've been looking for more comedy dramas like Legal High, but it seems that whenever people ask for comedy, they get suggestions like Nobuta wo Produce and Hana Yori Dango, which I found really boring and not funny at all.
I think you posed the wrong question. What you're interested seems to be "serious topic with light comedy". You might like bengoshi no kuzu, Beauty or Beast, and Trick . Maybe Samurai High School. If you liked GTO, you might like Gokusen.

complexfest

Post by complexfest » Jul 4th, '12, 15:49

So basically, please help me figure out which of the generally recommended comedies are more Legal High style and less Hana Yori Dango style comedies! Thanks!
You want pure comedy instead of romantic comedy the way I see it!Some of the best comedies I have seen are:

One pound gospel
Stand up!
Nodame Cantabile (well Nodame has also the romantic part for sure but it is crazy funny too!)
My boss, my hero
Manhattan love story
Saru Lock
Anna-san no omame
Meiantei no Okite
Elite yankee saburo
Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no shiro
Don Quixote

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 4th, '12, 16:03

complexfest wrote: You want pure comedy instead of romantic comedy the way I see it!Some of the best comedies I have seen are:
I don't think you've watched or looked up "legal high" drama synopsis. They're not pure comedy. Neither is GTO.

complexfest

Post by complexfest » Jul 5th, '12, 06:27

I don't think you've watched or looked up "legal high" drama synopsis. They're not pure comedy. Neither is GTO.
Actually, I just watched ''Legal High"!The synopsis said Law,Comedy and that's what it was as far as I'm concerned.For sure it wasn't a romace/romantic comedy and that's what I tried to avoid recommending.GTO is certainly not a pure comedy that's why I didn't recommend it, for me it's more like THE school drama with more serious stuff than comedic moments.

There are always serious moments even in pure comedies cause that's life...tragedy is inseparable from comedy.

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Jul 5th, '12, 20:40

Guys, any recommended dorama for next season (Jul-Sept) ? xD
I am bored for watching last season dorama because many of them are about crime.

Actually I am curious about Higashino Keigo Mysteries.
Because the cast have many nice actors and actress inside.
Anyone know about the synopsis ?
I can't find it in dramawiki :cry:

complexfest

Post by complexfest » Jul 6th, '12, 07:19

Actually I am curious about Higashino Keigo Mysteries.
Because the cast have many nice actors and actress inside.
Anyone know about the synopsis ?
I don't think you'll find a synopsis because each episode will have its own actors and its own plot.The only actor who will play in all of them as the story guide is Nakai Kiichi.
any recommended dorama for next season (Jul-Sept) ? xD
Personally the ones I'm interested in besides Higashino Keigo Mysteries are:
Dragon Seinendan
Yoru no Onnakyoushi
Boys on the Run
Ghost Mama Sousasen
Omoni Naitemasu
Somato Kabushiki Gaisha

haylz27

Post by haylz27 » Jul 14th, '12, 12:43

Hi everyone. I haven't been here for a while. These are the dramas I have seen:

HYD 1+2
Juui Dolittle
Kimi wa Petto
Asuko March
Lovely Complex movie
Natsu no nijiro
nobuta wo produce
zettai kareshi
hanakimi
samurai high school
taisetsu na koko--
yamato nadeshiko shichi henge
yankee-kun to megane chan
koizura

I'm looking for a good romance, comedy, school life drama. Any or either of these 3 genres. Has there been any school ones this year? I haven't been able to find a good jdrama in a long time. T___T

Hikikomori_Nanahara

Post by Hikikomori_Nanahara » Jul 15th, '12, 23:26

I PREFER THIS.. SCHOOL DRAMA'S THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

1.GREAT TEACHER ONIZUKA 1998ver /2012ver - A Gang Leader That Became A Teacher - Onizuka Sensei
2.HAMMER SESSION - A Con Artist That Became A Teacher - Hatchitsuka Sensei
3. Gachi Baka - A Boxer That Became A Teacher - Gondo Sensei
4. Queens Classroom - A Former Good Teacher That Became A Strict One She Has His Reason's - Maya Sensei
5. Long Love Letter - UNEXPLAINED CREATURES UNEXPLAINED TURN OF EVENTS - Asami Sensei
6. My Boss My Hero - A Yakuza That Came Back To High School Awesome Series Makes Me Laugh And Cry
7. Dragon Zakura - Amazing Teaching Skills,Amazing Teacher,Amazing Series - Godo-Sensei
8. Proposal Daisakusen - He Wants His Married Girl To Be Back From Him But How? - Iwase Ken
9. Homeroom At The Beach side - A Former Medic Soldier That Became A Teacher - ???
10. Nobuta Wo Produce - A Little Clumsy Silent Girl That Waants To Be Famous - Nobuta

KamiShikkaku

Post by KamiShikkaku » Jul 22nd, '12, 14:19

Hi, I was hopping somebody could suggest me a show or two to watch.

Firstly, I'm new to the J-drama scene. My main purpose for this new interest is to improve my language skills. Currently, I'm at a "conversational" level, but I'd like to pick up much more vocabulary. I'm currently studying in Japan, and I'm thinking of continuing to live here after I graduate.

I mainly watch American dramas, and I suppose I'm a little picky. I tend to prefer shows with some "edge" like the Sopranos. From what I have seen of Japanese drama, melodrama seems to be quite commonplace. Sometimes that turns me off, but I'm sure I could stomach it, provided the drama has enough redeeming qualities.

I suppose I would prefer a show that doesn't use too much jargon (e.g. legal/medical jargon), because as I mentioned, I'd like to learn vocabulary that might actually be of some use to me.

Something released within the past few years would be preferable, because I'm partial to good video/sound quality.

Comedy is also fine.

Thanks for your help.

kiriyama_s

Post by kiriyama_s » Jul 23rd, '12, 21:49

I mainly watch American dramas, and I suppose I'm a little picky. I tend to prefer shows with some "edge" like the Sopranos. From what I have seen of Japanese drama, melodrama seems to be quite commonplace. Sometimes that turns me off, but I'm sure I could stomach it, provided the drama has enough redeeming qualities.
I know the feeling, when I watch American shows I tend towards stuff made for HBO and AMC. Here are a few suggestions, you may have seen some of them already:
  • Tiger & Dragon - A very smartly written comedy by Kudo Kankuro. Lots of stories within stories. As with most dramas, don't bother watching the special.
    IWGP - This show probably has some of the edge you desire. Also written by Kudo Kankuro. Again, don't watch the special.
    Atami No Sousakan - Often compared to the American cult classic Twin Peaks. If you like the humour, the show's writer, Satoshi Miki, has lots more to offer like Jikou Keisatsu and the movie Adrift in Tokyo.
    GTO (the original 1998 show, not the 2012 remake). - You might think you don't want to watch a high school drama. And in most cases, you'd be right, you don't. But in this case you do. It's very funny and it has a bit of an edge.
    Stand Up! - If you're into Judd Apatow comedies like Superbad and Knocked Up, give this one a try. If you're not, don't.
    Strawberry Night - Great, often dark, cop show in the vein of Helen Mirren's Prime Suspect. The one exception to the rule: do watch the special. It's dark and edgy.
    Shinya Shokudo - Stories of outsiders who frequent a late night diner. Warning: Not only does this show entertain, it will also make you extremely hungry.

KamiShikkaku

Post by KamiShikkaku » Jul 24th, '12, 05:45

Thanks so much. I actually haven't seen any of them. The only one I've heard of is GTO.
I'll look into all them. :)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 26th, '12, 22:09

It's been a while since i watched jdramas and for the most parts i watched mystery or the more "unconventional" dramas.
But now i wanted to watch a few j-romcoms. They should be:
- NOT a highschoolsetting, except it's about the teachers
-not too "animelike", so no looney toons like bouncing and face-expressions.
--> although it could contain fantasy/scifi -elements
-->i liked the Ueto Aya- dramas, although they tend to be a little bit wacky here and there, they are still not too over-the-top.

kiriyama_s

Post by kiriyama_s » Jul 30th, '12, 23:55

Silverman wrote:It's been a while since i watched jdramas and for the most parts i watched mystery or the more "unconventional" dramas.
If you haven't already watched Kitagawa Eriko's romantic comedies, I would definitely recommend you check them out. They're funny, the writing is really good, and they fit your requirements that they not be in a high school setting or be anime-like. These one's are my favourites:
  • Long Vacation (1996)
    Over Time (1999)
    Sunao Ni Narenakute (2010)
    Beautiful Life (2000) - This one is probably more of a romantic drama, but it's really funny too.
    Orange Days (2004)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 31st, '12, 22:37

I definitely check them out. Thanks.

darji

Post by darji » Jul 31st, '12, 23:07

kiriyama_s wrote:
Silverman wrote:It's been a while since i watched jdramas and for the most parts i watched mystery or the more "unconventional" dramas.
If you haven't already watched Kitagawa Eriko's romantic comedies, I would definitely recommend you check them out. They're funny, the writing is really good, and they fit your requirements that they not be in a high school setting or be anime-like. These one's are my favourites:

Beautiful Life (2000) - This one is probably more of a romantic drama, but it's really funny too.
WHAT?^^

Yes it has it funny moments but this Drama also could destroy you.... In Fact Beautiful Life is one of the dramas I will never watch again. Not because it was not good. But because I was sooo depressed after that.

As for funny Love Commedy:

Star no Koi
Yamato Nadeshiko
Pride (more romance than comedy but great Romance)
Manhattan Love Story (definetly check this out)
Love Shuffle
Dekichatta Kekkon

Damn there are sooo much. Bt you really should try these.

goestake

Post by goestake » Aug 2nd, '12, 03:27

hi all
Its all dorama I have been watch:
a sleping forest, Aishiteru, Anego, At home dad, Atashinchi no Danshi, Attention Please, Bara no nai Hanaya, Beautiful life, Bimbo danshi, Bloody monday1 + 2, Boss, Buzzer Beat, ByakuYakou, Change, Code Blue1 + 2, Dekichatta kekkon, Densha otoko, Dragon Zakura, Enggine, Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta, first kiss, fugoh keiji, gal circle, galileo, gokusen, Gold, good luck, GTO, H2, Hammer Session, hanayome to papa, hero, Toshi Densetsu no Onna, hotaru 1+2, HYD, innocent love, IWGP, kami no shizuku, kekkon dekinai otoko, kimi hannin janai yo ne?, kimi wa pet, kurosagi, last friend, Long Vacation, love shuffle, lunch no joou, meican no shitsuji, mop girl, Mr. Brain, My Boss my Hero, my litle chef, nobuta wo produce, Nodame Cantabile, osen, papa no musume no nanokakan, Pride, proposal daisakusen, Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata, Yama Onna Kabe Onna, Yasashii jikan

Bold ones its my favorite
any romantic comedy dorama in 2010-2012 to recommend?

darji

Post by darji » Aug 2nd, '12, 16:46

goestake wrote:hi all
Its all dorama I have been watch:
a sleping forest, Aishiteru, Anego, At home dad, Atashinchi no Danshi, Attention Please, Bara no nai Hanaya, Beautiful life, Bimbo danshi, Bloody monday1 + 2, Boss, Buzzer Beat, ByakuYakou, Change, Code Blue1 + 2, Dekichatta kekkon, Densha otoko, Dragon Zakura, Enggine, Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta, first kiss, fugoh keiji, gal circle, galileo, gokusen, Gold, good luck, GTO, H2, Hammer Session, hanayome to papa, hero, Toshi Densetsu no Onna, hotaru 1+2, HYD, innocent love, IWGP, kami no shizuku, kekkon dekinai otoko, kimi hannin janai yo ne?, kimi wa pet, kurosagi, last friend, Long Vacation, love shuffle, lunch no joou, meican no shitsuji, mop girl, Mr. Brain, My Boss my Hero, my litle chef, nobuta wo produce, Nodame Cantabile, osen, papa no musume no nanokakan, Pride, proposal daisakusen, Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata, Yama Onna Kabe Onna, Yasashii jikan

Bold ones its my favorite
any romantic comedy dorama in 2010-2012 to recommend?
Try Boku to Star no 99 Nichi

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Boku_to_Star_no_99_Nichi

It has a very old school feeling which makes it great. Other than that I really cant remember much from 2010 to 2012 in terms of romantic comedy that were actually good....

But If you want I can tell you some older ones^^

JumpingDax

Good new dramas

Post by JumpingDax » Aug 4th, '12, 09:09

Hi everyone
I have been out of the drama scene for a couple of years and during some free time recently I rewatched Nodame Cantabile and remembered how much I loved asian dramas.
Can anyone recommend me any good dramas that ive missed of the past couple of years?
Feel free to include Kdramas and Taiwanese as well

Ixelles

Doramas similar to "Freeter Ie o Kau"

Post by Ixelles » Aug 4th, '12, 23:32

Hello! I'm doing a little research but I thought maybe you lovely people could help me out...

I'm looking for more Japanese doramas that are anything like Freeter Ie o Kau, which is to say with themes of young people finding a job, earning money, social bias based on type of employment, and of course lots of family drama! Anything with a sort of economic/family bent.

(If you're wondering, yes, this is for something I am writing for school. Nothing like an academic excuse to watch Japanese television...)

tannl

Post by tannl » Aug 10th, '12, 08:44

Hi there,

anyone here can make any recommendation on 2010 winter/spring dramas?

i watch all genres of dramas.
kindly recommend the nice ones in the first half of the year 2010 thanks in advance.

horsebanger

5 J-dramas everyone should watch?

Post by horsebanger » Aug 14th, '12, 01:28

Hello everyone. I recently began watching some j-dramas and I really enjoyed them (thanks for uploading and subbing!). However, since it's all fairly new to me, I have no idea which shows are good and which shows I might aswell avoid, and so I would love it if you could push me in a good direction by suggesting your favourite 5 j-dramas.

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu!

Thanks in advance, sincerely and with love,

horsebanger.

A.K

Post by A.K » Aug 14th, '12, 01:54

Hi hi! Welcome to the drama world! :cheers:

In my very personal opinion, I say you should watch these (if you haven't watched them yet):

Shomuni (there are three seasons, the best one is the 1st.)
My favorite jdrama, I laughed so much, and no matter how many tines you watch it, it never gets boring.

Nodame Cantabile
THIS. You just cannot miss this. It's absolutely charming and gorgeous. A piece of art.

Nobuta wo Produce
Funny thing, when I finished watching this drama, I ended up with this feeling that everything, always can bet better. Don't know how to express it. Nobuta made me feel... cozy.

Joo no Kyoushitsu
I recommended this drama to a friend and she hated me, haha. It's kind of a cruel drama, but if you think deeply about every episode, you'll find it amazing. I wish every kid in the world would watch this when they don't want to study.

Golden Bowl
This drama is totally entertaining and cute. I couldn't stop watching it once I started. Got me totally hooked.

Hope my suggestions help :-)

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Aug 14th, '12, 02:10

It really depends on what sort of drama categories interests you.

For instance,

School comedy- Definitely recommend My Boss, My Hero

Light school/romance- Hanayori dango, Hanazakari no kimi tachi e

Heavy love sappy drama- 1 Litre of tears, sekai no chuushin de, ai o sakebu

Detective- Boss

Silly comedy- Nodame Cantabile

T1dUs

Post by T1dUs » Aug 14th, '12, 03:16

Iryu (all 3 seasons)

Emergency room 24 hrs (all 4 seasons, season 1 & 2 being the best)

My Boss, My Hero

Good Luck

Tokyo Love Story

:cheers:

antspace

Post by antspace » Aug 15th, '12, 17:31

If you like an exciting thriller, then watch Soredemo ikite yuku! Best dorama I've seen last years!