Title: 일년에 열두 남자 / Ilnyeone Yeoldoo Namja
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: tvN
Broadcast period: 2012-Feb-15 to 2012-Apr-05
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 23:00
Official Website

Plot:

This Drama is about Mi Roo, a 29 years old ordinary staff writer for the magazine.
The drama telling the story how she fails to deliver a column of magazine, and then she decided to starts a dating column by dating with twelve men for each astrological sign in the calendar.
Drama is based on the German novel "Zwölf Männer hat das Jahr" by Martina Paura, published December 31, 2005.

Cast

Yoon Jin Seo as Na Mi Roo
Ohn Joo Wan as Cha Jin Oh
Go Joon Hee as Park Tan Ya
Kim Da Hyun as Hyun Woo
Kim Jin Woo as Won Bin
Julien Kang as Alex
Park Sang Myun as Dong Gun
Kwang Soo as Shi Hoo
Lee Yong Woo as Yi Joon
Kim Jung Min as Director Goo
Choi Hyun Woo as Magician
Sung Je as Gwan Woo
Park Ji Woo as Gang Soo
Park Ji Il as Chan Sung
Choi Soo Rin as Michele Jang
Bae Geu Rin as Oh Hae Ra
Yang Geum Suk as Oh Yeon Soon
(Credits:Dramawiki)

Trailer

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 15th, '12, 15:31

Except for us I don't think anyone watched that, but since the thread is here, I'm gonna write. I loved this drama, all storylines, all characters, better or less executed. And the writer Lee, kekeke...

One more thing, Choi Hyun Woo who plays the magician is a real magician (wtf??), I mean he really is an illusionist in real life too. I was watching some show about magic tricks "magic sth" and he appeared.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 15th, '12, 16:59

Actually I saw some of ep1 but somehow I could not get into it. but still, did not drop and was waiting for sometimes when I am really bored and have nothing else to watch. :whistling:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 15th, '12, 17:29

Ethlenn wrote:Except for us I don't think anyone watched that, but since the thread is here, I'm gonna write. I loved this drama, all storylines, all characters, better or less executed. And the writer Lee, kekeke...

One more thing, Choi Hyun Woo who plays the magician is a real magician (wtf??), I mean he really is an illusionist in real life too. I was watching some show about magic tricks "magic sth" and he appeared.
This drama is so underrated,this why I created this thread, hopefully more peolpe get to know about it, it may be boring for some and not their cup of tea, but this drama,for me is like a fresh, you just watch it, enjoy it, with no frustration,no pulling hair ,hate for some characters.
The ending was the best ending in my opinion, I wasn't disappointed, actually I was hoping that it will ends that way.
So the magician is a maician? Cool!

@Issy,yah,give it a try, when you need some fresh drama !

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 15th, '12, 18:05

Issy, the first episode was a bit awkward but it gets better later on. I'm quite sure you will like it, if you liked I Need Romance. ^^

Quality isn't amazing but I like the plot and characters. At first I didn't like the main actress but I think her acting got better after a few episodes and I got more into her character. In some way she actually reminds me of a friend of mine... :mrgreen:

I still have a few episodes to enjoy.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 15th, '12, 20:41

What kind of drama is this? Is it a k-version of Sex in the City or is it a common kdrama, where the whole thing is more innocent and the female lead comes to "true love" in the end?

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 15th, '12, 21:53

Viande wrote:Issy, the first episode was a bit awkward but it gets better later on. I'm quite sure you will like it, if you liked I Need Romance. ^^

Quality isn't amazing but I like the plot and characters. At first I didn't like the main actress but I think her acting got better after a few episodes and I got more into her character. In some way she actually reminds me of a friend of mine... :mrgreen:

I still have a few episodes to enjoy.
Of course I liked INR! but minus the ending obviously :cussing:
Have to admit that I did not like the main actress too and more or less she was the reason for me to leave it for later
but now that E-chan, sham and you Viande are praising it, I might as well fit it between my current dramas I am watching.
8)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 16th, '12, 09:35

And btw. if anyone finds the song from the opening - let me know. It's so cute.
And what's the best part in this drama it's Miru and Jino breaking reason - a misunderstanding. They split not because he cheated on her, she cheated on him etc. but because of a stupid misunderstanding. And it turned out - impossible to go back to where things were before.

Unlike in some other *cough*INR*cough* dramas where stupid lady ditches guy who loves her just to go back to her cheating ex.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 17th, '12, 04:51

Silverman wrote:What kind of drama is this? Is it a k-version of Sex in the City or is it a common kdrama, where the whole thing is more innocent and the female lead comes to "true love" in the end?
Reading your comment about"Hot men",I thought that you already watched the drama!
So you have first :a cable drama so less restrictions, second: the title, yeah because for so many, especially men dating/sleeping that amount of guys makes a slut not an innocent girl, third: writing about that...It's more like geting over your "true" love and discovering new things, I guess,I don't know how this drama will be viewed from a man's angle though...

Ethlenn wrote:And btw. if anyone finds the song from the opening - let me know. It's so cute.
Wiki wrote:Track Listing
Part 1 || Release Date: 2012-Feb-22
어떡해 / Eotteokhae / What Do I Do? || by 정인 / Jung Min
어떡해 (Inst.) / Eotteokhae (Inst.) / What Do I Do? (Inst.) || by V.A.
Part 2 || Release Date: 2012-Feb-29
남자는 가르치면 된다 / Namjaneun Gareuchimyeon Doinda / ? || by 민훈기 & 이건율 / Min Hoon Ki & Lee Geon Yool
남자는 가르치면 된다 (Inst.) / Namjaneun Gareuchimyeon Doinda (Inst.) / ? (Inst.) || by V.A.
Part 3 || Release Date: 2012-Mar-06
백마를 두고 온 왕자 / Baekmareul Dugo On Wangja / The Prince Who Left Behind His White Horse || by 브라이언 / Brian
백마를 두고 온 왕자 (Inst.) / Baekmareul Dugo On Wangja (Inst.) / The Prince Who Left Behind His White Horse (Inst.) || by V.A.
Part 4 || Release Date: 2012-Mar-14
13번째 별 / 13Beonjjae Byeol / Thirteenth Star || by 이정아 / Lee Jung Ah
13번째 별 (Inst.) / 13Beonjjae Byeol (Inst.) / Thirteenth Star (Inst.) || by V.A.
I looked for it too,everywhere, but couldn't find it! :cry: I found only the ones above !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 17th, '12, 15:10

Yeah, this song is nowhere to be found, sadly...

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 17th, '12, 19:40

Yeah, I also tried to find it but nope..

Just finished this and I must say I was more than satisfied to the ending. This series is a true gem! :cheers: I take back my words about the quality. Excluding the first one or two episodes, this is a quality series.

and I want this as my ava or someting but can't really because it would be kind of spoiler:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 17th, '12, 19:48

Viande wrote: and I want this as my ava or someting but can't really because it would be kind of spoiler:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :heart:
This is why I loved this series, it was so unbiased, so free and so fresh^^ Oh, writer Lee...

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 17th, '12, 20:01

Ethlenn wrote: This is why I loved this series, it was so unbiased, so free and so fresh^^ Oh, writer Lee...
Exactly! I think that writer Lee's line pretty much summed up this series. It introduced us several kinds of love proudly without shame.

and writer Lee indeed... :wub: Although, I really liked the dancer boy too. So many different men. ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 17th, '12, 20:10

Viande wrote:
Exactly! I think that writer Lee's line pretty much summed up this series. It introduced us several kinds of love proudly without shame.

and writer Lee indeed... :wub: Although, I really liked the dancer boy too. So many different men. ^^
Writer Lee is a really unique character in whole k-drama sphere so far. I liked also Hyun Woo, poor kid stuck with a love for veeery free woman^^
As for the dancer kid, he's from Supernova group in real life too, kkk. Unless we're talking about someone else.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 17th, '12, 20:49

Ethlenn wrote: As for the dancer kid, he's from Supernova group in real life too, kkk. Unless we're talking about someone else.
Oh, he is? I didn't find any info about him so I thought he was just some new actor (or real background dancer). No wonder. ^^

Yeah, Tanya's kiddo was cute too. Wasn't he called Kwan Woo? Seems that Drama Wiki doesn't have him listed in the cast.

Oh wait... they're both in Supernova?? Kwangsoo and Sungje. :lol
Last edited by Viande on Jun 17th, '12, 20:54, edited 2 times in total.

neomonolith

Post by neomonolith » Jun 17th, '12, 20:50

I finally found this drama somewhere else awhile ago but I need the ENGLISH SUBS!!! does anyone know where I can find them?? Please Please tell me...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 17th, '12, 20:58

Viande wrote: Yeah, Tanya's kiddo was cute too. Wasn't he called Kwan Woo? Seems that Drama Wiki doesn't have him listed in the cast.

Oh wait... they're both in Supernova?? Kwangsoo and Sungje. :lol
Yeah, my bad, I didn't remember clearly. Oh, so they're both in it? :unsure: Somehow this group was always so irrelevant in my eyes...

@neomonolith: you can watch it fully subbed at dramacrazy.

neomonolith

Post by neomonolith » Jun 17th, '12, 21:11

That is one idea but I still need the subs for the copy that I have:cry: ....I wanna watch it with some friends.

xnopex

Post by xnopex » Jun 17th, '12, 21:22

i think it's on viki? are you able to stream?

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 17th, '12, 21:41

@Ethlenn, yep, apparently. I have heard that group name before but as there are so many kpop groups, can't really keep up with them all.

Seems that Sungje has been a male lead in a Japanese movie called Kimi ni Love Song wo.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 17th, '12, 22:11

Viande wrote:
Ethlenn wrote: This is why I loved this series, it was so unbiased, so free and so fresh^^ Oh, writer Lee...

Especially Writer Lee final lines, I died :faint:
The dancer was so lovely, his story was so cute and I believe he will come back when he's 30,yes the guy really keeps his promesses.(can we have a second season? I didn't get enough of this drama :alcoholic: )
Even the Leo guy was something new in kdramaland, we don't see that often!
Glad you ladies liked ,as much as I did, the ending! :wub:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 18th, '12, 04:20

Sham26 wrote:
Silverman wrote:What kind of drama is this? Is it a k-version of Sex in the City or is it a common kdrama, where the whole thing is more innocent and the female lead comes to "true love" in the end?
Reading your comment about"Hot men",I thought that you already watched the drama!
So you have first :a cable drama so less restrictions, second: the title, yeah because for so many, especially men dating/sleeping that amount of guys makes a slut not an innocent girl, third: writing about that...It's more like geting over your "true" love and discovering new things, I guess,I don't know how this drama will be viewed from a man's angle though...
Like i said somewhere before, my hot men comment was born out of the moment, without much thought.

But back to the drama.
In the original the female lead has a bet with a friend, that she can have one-night-stands with 12 different men without emotional involvement. Well, my question was just to look, if the drama was koreonized and the one-night-stands became just dates without intimacy.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 18th, '12, 07:49

Sham26 wrote: Even the Leo guy was something new in kdramaland, we don't see that often!
Glad you ladies liked ,as much as I did, the ending! :wub:
Happy there are more people to spazz about this drama.
I'd like to see the second season too, but if they do that:
1. it won't be based on the book
2. it may turn out repetitive.

When I started this drama when it was airing, I was a bit afraid about the ending, because of the poster. JO is holding an umbrella over Miru so I thought "oh no, protective guy and she will end up with him yet again, like in INR". Turned out, I was wrong and they didn't make his character a total jerk either so we can hate him easier.

Plus, Tanya's character...

neomonolith

Post by neomonolith » Jun 18th, '12, 18:13

xnopex wrote:i think it's on viki? are you able to stream?

what's viki?? and yes I can stream. but I want a copy of the subs for myself. it took for ever for me to find it but the subs were missing. I don't mind watching online but I hate all the little hops you have to go threw and when they split it up into 10min pieces just drives me nuts! if you tell me where to watch it I will check it out. Ethlenn suggested Dramacrazy ( i think that was it)