Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I Do I Do (MBC, 2012)

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 7th, '12, 19:42

Title: 아이두 아이두 / I Do, I Do
Genre: Romance, comedy
Episodes: TBA
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2012-May-30 to 2012-???-??
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55
Official Website
Plot:
A drama based on an original comic.
Hwang Ji An (Kim Sun Ah) is a successful mid-30′s career woman (Director in shoe company) with a bright future ahead until she gets into an “accident” one night with the company new employed young male co-worker, Park Tae Kang (Lee Jang Woo) who used to be a fake shoe maker and always ready to run away whenever police raids. Her life and career gets thrown in chaos upon learning that she has became pregnant with his child.

Her strongest rival, Yeom Na Ri (Im Soo Hyang) takes the chance of that moment to overthrow her company position while she meets again with her old love, Jo Eun Sung (Park Gun Hyung) who has became her Gynecologist.

Cast:

Kim Sun Ah as Hwang Ji An
Lee Jang Woo as Park Tae Kang
Park Gun Hyung as Jo Eun Sung
Im Soo Hyang as Yeom Na Ri
Supporting Cast

Yoon Joo Sang as Ji An’s father
Oh Mi Yun as Ji An’s mother
Kim Hye Eun as Bong Joon Hee
Park Young Kyu as Park Kwang Suk
Shin Seung Hwan as Lee Choong Baek
Oh Mi Hee as Lady Park
Lee Dae Yun as President Yeom
Jo Hee Bong as Seol Bong Soo
Kim Bum Yong (김범용) as Song Ha Yoon
Baek Seung Hee as Uhm Yoo Jin
Kim Min Hee as Ma Sung Mi
Han Ji Wan as Yoo Da In
This assures me it will go the way I want. Hopefully, since latest dramas perform that "twist on the twist" by the end.

aylarox

Post by aylarox » Jun 7th, '12, 19:48

But the doctor's personality is so cute. Haha! I can't help but dig their funny relationship. :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 7th, '12, 19:50

aylarox wrote:But the doctor's personality is so cute. Haha! I can't help but dig their funny relationship. :whistling:
And I thought I was the only one enjoying his role here :mrgreen: Tbh, I started this drama for Sunah and him, kkk.
But I love absolutely everything so far.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 8th, '12, 14:40

The poster is quite a wtf one though. Why do they all have heels? XD I get it for "Me... Myself".
It has an actual part in the plot, but here? What the heck was the designer smoking? Ahaha.

Loving the series though. Hey, if you don't want the doc, lady, pass him over to us. I'll burn all his pastel pink tops (brrrr) and then he's perfect.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 8th, '12, 16:54

Orion1986 wrote:The poster is quite a wtf one though.
It has an actual part in the plot, but here? What the heck was the designer smoking? Ahaha.
Oddly enough I liked this poster so damn much I made it the main one in the thread. I guess it's the first time in kdrama poster to have 2 manly men in high heels sitting like pansies.

Oh yes, I guess all of us love the doc :wub: without the pastel-pink jacket.
I'm just waiting for the moment he'll become her gynecologist and the development of the whole situation. Ji An's father is Satan himself, so I can't wait for the havoc he'll cause.

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Jun 8th, '12, 17:09

This looks like a fun one - I won't watch until all the subs are out, though. I do much better waiting to start the whole thing than waiting part way through. (~_~)

It took me a minute to figure out what it is about that poster that really looked "off" - the mens' feet are pretty much the same size as the women's feet! Generally men have much bigger feet for the same height.... :O

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 8th, '12, 23:02

Oh goody! a thread for my latest favourite drama.
have watched the first 3 eps and will be watching the 4th right after I am done with this.
first of all, I did not read the synopsis before starting this drama so I had different expectations and now that I know what sort of storyline this drama will be following, I have mixed feelings about it.
but so far I really like the love triangle. both guys are cute and charming and I am loving both of them and the way they react with JA. I have to admit though, I am more attracted to the Dr than TK. I just love his gentle side even though he looks more like a stalker. I really hope they don't miss up his character just to make people like TK more.
as for NaRi, I really changed my mind about her after ep3 and really started to sympathise with her alot. she is one lonely girl and wants to be loved and accepted by others. I don't think she is the evil character in this story.
as for JA, I want her to calm down and stop being angry with the world and everyone. she is reminding me of the main female lead in Dummy Mummy. very similar personality.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 9th, '12, 08:51

Oh Issy, I know how you feel, it's one of those rare dramas I'm more inclined towards second lead (fact I like the actor messes up my perspective).
As for NaRi, I really didn't know what to think of her. She's not evil, she's trying to be malicious but as you said, she's extremely lonely and somehow can't channel her frustration and anger, she wants to befriend some people but then again those people behave hostile and old towards her.

Why ep 5 is so far away??

But waht happened to TK's bike? I haven't seen Beyonce for a while. He sold it too along the house?

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 9th, '12, 09:09

@Ethlenn , he sold Beyonce and their house to get his dad out of jail :P
As for the Dr, oh! Can the guy get any more gentle than this? The hospital scene with babies killed me. Me definiatly rooting for the guy now. .TK can end up with NaRi for what I care

Yes! I want ep5 so badly too!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 9th, '12, 12:13

For me, Na Ri is inexcusable. Ok, your stepmother is a b*tch. Fine. I agree. She is. But that doesn't give this kid the right to steal the job of an honest person who worked like a dog to get it, just because the stepmom likes her.

She is bringing her personal problems into work and messing up people's lives just because she is a boo hoo alone daddy's girl. Sorry. Not a good excuse to be a b*tch. Lots of people are lonelier and fighting for survival even.

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Jun 9th, '12, 12:53

Orion1986: What other role would you see her playing then? I mean we need conflict between Ji An and herself not to mention to pending love triangle that will develop between Ji An, Na Ri, & Tae Kang within the next couple of episodes.

Do you see Ji An not bringing her own problems into work as well? I mean you can divest yourself of every little thing and be strictly a work robot now can you?

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 9th, '12, 13:06

I'm not making excuses for her b***hness and not giving her the right to be nasty and evil because of her stopmom. At the end of the day it's her dad's company. It's like any other rich kids character in other kdrama that have high position in their own companies without any qualifications or experiences. Atleast this one is qualified for what's she is doing there.
I don't know , I just don't see her as evil as other same characters in dramas like this one.
Btw , she suppose to be the kid from the second wife with much lower social class than the first. But as she is in such high position in company I am guessing that the first wife does not have children.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 9th, '12, 13:14

semi-fly wrote:Orion1986: What other role would you see her playing then? I mean we need conflict between Ji An and herself not to mention to pending love triangle that will develop between Ji An, Na Ri, & Tae Kang within the next couple of episodes.

Do you see Ji An not bringing her own problems into work as well? I mean you can divest yourself of every little thing and be strictly a work robot now can you?
I agree! JA is one person who is bringing her own problem into work more than everyone else. She is acting way immature for her age. People at her age use diplomacy to get round their problems. For a supoosedly mature and expereinced person like, you don't expect to see such behaviour. Like the first time she saw NaRi and refused to shake hand or every over reaction she has with TK and the Dr. All of these making her character likable for me even after she tries to sit things right !

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 9th, '12, 14:52

semi-fly wrote:Orion1986: What other role would you see her playing then? I mean we need conflict between Ji An and herself not to mention to pending love triangle that will develop between Ji An, Na Ri, & Tae Kang within the next couple of episodes.

I didn't say Ji An is a saint. I am saying that being lonely and having family problems is not a good enough reason for me to forgive a rich girl who wants to kick a hardworking person out just to run daddy's company the minute she landed back in Korea.

I don't find her different from other backstabbing characters. In fact, I find her worse. Some of them have also worked hard to get a position or achieve something. She is a rich girl who wants everything and revenge, regardless if she has the right or not.

Also, Ji An never tried to set Tae Kang up with his personal life or kick him out without good reason. Na Ri is doing cowardly and immoral things. She is attacking a person's age, status and personal life and using her status just to get her way. She is plain bad.

I hate her type or character and I really don't see why there always needs to be a villain in shows. A lot of shows worked fine without someone being mean every second. Also, I really dislike the "excuses" they give such characters and twist.
What I mean is, they are pulling the "lonely girl" trick to get us to like her as a second female lead. If they want to make her "grey" as a character, then they better not have her be so eye-catchingly mean. Two extremes don't make a balance.

I can't be understanding of a character who murders people just because they like kittens. If she did not do such heavily mean things using such underhanded methods, I would care about her problems and drama. But not as she is.

Right now, she is just that annoying thorn that is placed there to cause drama, misunderstandings and problems and I feel kdramas rely on such characters too much because it's the easy way to cause conflict. I wish they'd try something new.
I know most people who watch this are caught up in it, but I'm just not. These characters don't annoy me to the point I want to watch to see them fail (which is what hooks audiences). They annoy me to the point they make the show annoying at times.

For such an otherwise nice series, I would have preferred a fair and equally talented and admirable competition. Not a cliche character like her. I still love it and will watch, but I just don't see her as something special or different. That's what I mean.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 9th, '12, 15:29

I guess my understanding of "bringing home problems to work" differs, because I don't see JA doing that. She's bossy, b*tchy, yes, but it's her nature, she grew up like this. As our Doc said - "she was living the life her parents wanted", she was brought up by her strict and ultra-traditionalist father. Anyone growing up under such influence would becoe like her. For JA, compromising, diplomacy - such words don't exist. I guess this drama is about her learning that not only "me/success" is important.

But it's hard not to bring a little off-work persona to work, as semi-fly said. She's not complaining, she's not talking to every co-worker how hard her life is, she doesn't say she's dating etc. She's not crying at work, she doesn't show her weaker side in work. And untli TK crossed her path, she didn't attack anyone personally only professionally.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 9th, '12, 15:59

This drama is sofar so good ,I like all the characters, I'm on TK 's side, I love his sincerity, warm heart and his relationship with his father is so touching, I think he was unlucky his entire life so I want him to be truly happy, looking forward to his maturity and succes!
And KSA is so chic :wub: ,I'm so envious and she rocks that hair cut,she's so beautiful!
The hospital scene with babies made me laugh cause I saw the almost same thing in "Syndrom" with the same actor hehe. Talking about the doctor where was he before?:cry:
Can't wait for ep05 :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 9th, '12, 16:05

Sham26 wrote:Talking about the doctor where was he before?:cry:
He's a musical actor, so blame stage for that.
He was cute in When Spring Comes (KNG, hell yeah!! crypto-commercial) and the movie Innocent Steps (oh the dancing men).

BTW...
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tW3HN_pvbE4" frameborder="0"></iframe>

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jun 10th, '12, 13:45

Mr Nice Dr is a musical actor? *immediately perks up* Need to google him then.

=== Edit ===

Uwaaa.... I didnt know the same Park Gun Hyung was in Mozart too. Erm... No, I wasnt looking at Mozart becoz of Junsu, it was for Park Eun Tae. But it's nice to know Mr Nice Dr was there too.....~

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 10th, '12, 21:38

Yeah, a year ago he appeared on 5th Musical Awards, singing some nice song with a lady, playing guitar. Yes, he had this hair...

jellydonut

Post by jellydonut » Jun 12th, '12, 04:03

omg, i love ksa new drama. She's such a good actress. And i can't wait for the next episode. :cheers:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 15th, '12, 17:11

This drama is perfect beyond words. The writing, actors, cinematography, music, all.
Subbers too since they need few hours to sub. Which makes our lives a living hell waiting for the next episode.
:wub: :wub:
This is the first drama ever to make me feel torn between first and second lead. :heart:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 15th, '12, 17:31

Yep, I have never felt sad by a drama being subbed this fast before :-(

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 15th, '12, 18:09

Sounds like I have to check this out.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 16th, '12, 03:43

Two things.
I just love that Lee boy to pieces. He is irresistible.

That song.. I love it. It could be from the 1940 book. It has the beat and the words

for Doris Day to sing. Perfect.

I have yet to see any of this drama but I can't wait. Love that boy.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 16th, '12, 09:37

Highlights of IDID:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6jZILIdt02Y" frameborder="0"></iframe>

uri mommy... oh Doc... :wub:

Let's rip that pink jacket and...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rNan13SwImQ" frameborder="0"></iframe>
the scene of uri guys in high heels... :rofl: :rofl:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 16th, '12, 14:08

after ep 5&6
to be honest I am starting to worry about my beloved Dr's character and its progress through drama. as perfect (almost too perfect) character they portrayed him in the beginning, I am starting to fear that they will change his character little by little so at the end we all approve of her pairing up with TK. after all they are the real OTP of this drama.
This drama started fresh and unique were both guys had equal opportunity to get the girl by the end. for once I did not know who to pick over who. Obviously the Dr's character won me over and I was happy the 2nd lead is portrayed as loveable as 1st lead. this is a rare happening in kdramas and never ends same as it started. whenever they feel that 2nd lead is gaining same or more popularity in the storyline, they mess up his character in a way that majority go back to the main. now I am wondering is this has actually begun
in ep6 we see that ES having problems accepting JA when she told him she was pregnant. even though when it happened before she met him and he clearly can see that she is more stressed about this fact than everyone else. I kind of understand his feelings but he has no right to feel disappointed, mad or anything about it. so far, we have seen that his love interest in JA is mostly one sided. she really does not feel the same as he is and he already know that too well. he actually should be really happy that JA told him about her pregnancy first and seeked his help. when she has not said anything to real father himself.
he is still my favourite character in the drama and I really hope that he ends up with JA (I know that's not going to happen of course!). I am just praying they don't ruin his character for sake of favouring other pairing. just let him stay as great man as he is even when he could not the girl at the end.

as for TK, the guy is full of energy and very cute and I love him to bits believe it or not. I still swoon whenever I see him with JA.
realistically women like JA go for guys like ES or no one at all to be honest. as this a drama, we know how it works though :P

another scene that really bothered me in ep6 was the abortion debate that happened between women defending their rights for abortion and ES and his Dr friend kind of demonising them taking such decisions in life. although I thought this scene was totally meaningless and they could have done without it but they portrayed those women as angry, not nice... to strengthen anti-abortion views. this is not fair!

I thought I was watching a light hearted drama about an older workaholic women falling pregnant by a much younger guy. I did not know it has some hidden agenda about the rights or wrongs about abortion.
it was so realistic when JA wrote that list about having and not having the kid and every reason made sense in JA's daily life and her character. but now after that debate, JA decision to keep the baby feels so planned and not natural. we all knew JA was going to keep the baby anyway. It would be based on her change of mind and wanting it herself with full understanding of what will happen in her future life. but now after that debate I kind of feel that she is keeping the baby because "it is a right thing to do"! I really wished they haven't included that debate scene in ep6.

Regardless of all above, IDID is still very entertaining and full of fun to watch.
ps. anyone has any idea how the story ended in the novel itself? :P

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 17th, '12, 02:39

That side about the Dr,I saw it coming since we cannot have a perfect character! I don't know if I did enjoy this wek's episodes, not sure!
I agree with the abortion debate,it was done in a non motherly-way,the arguments were invalid!
It's may be just me, but if my doctor told that I have not much time until I'll have menopause, the most thing I'll be willing is to have a baby, I think this is a MAJOR reason to not abort it!
The only funny scene for me,was when Tk was at the police station and told the policeman that the tag in the bag has made in China not in Italy on it...I died :rofl:
Last but not least, here in Africa we don't wear high heels we walk shoeless, just in case you know a korean friend , tell him this :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 17th, '12, 15:09

You know, I'm not sure but I don't see Doc being made into bad guy here. he's pissed off, but everyone would be. If I started to like and date one guy and he suddenly tells me he's in the middle of divorce and with a kid, I would be furious (yeah). It's the same situation. He starts to date JA and suddenly she's telling him she's pregnant with another guy, and they had sex before she started to meet Doc, but she didn't tell him. So what does make it in his eyes? A lying lady, right?
He will become her gynecologist, so I'm waiting for that part to come.

Other issue - abortion. I regretted it was done in such a way, but I'm glad they uttered the word "abort" in a drama anyway. Plus, yes yes, of course, feminist brainwashing aside, but we had this talk with few friends this Friday and one of them said she was really close to get an abortion but when she heard the heartbeat, she couldn't. And she said that regardless of anything, no one can deem abortion as moral because it's not. And she's not the girl who could feel empathy whastoever. She's a coldblooded scientist.

Plus, I agree with Sham. It was probably JA biological clock that ticked and the urge to have a baby was prevailent.

So far, this drama doesn't disappoint me, but I don't expect meringues dipped in maple syrup from any drama, so...

Oh, and maybe they talked about South Africa, cause I saw high heels in Johannesburg, you know...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 19th, '12, 18:52

I have yet to see this drama so can't discuss it at all . However, the talk about abortion is one that seems quite rare in a Korean drama. Having had a child I can only say that it was not easy from the word go. and increasingly difficult at the end. I made up my mind I would never repeat the whole effort ever again.
However, I have to say that if I became pregnant the second time I don't think I could abort the fetus at any stage. It seems that being Christian and aware of the teachings thereof, I would find my conscience looming very large at the word abort. What if that child in the future would become important to other people or even render great thoughts and actions to a country. I would be having regrets that I had taken away a soul meant to be in the world for a good reason.

Wild animals give birth and take care of their young so naturally. Human beings are so helpless and clumsy with a new baby usually. We don't know how to take care of them and we certainly don't bring them up to be good or kind or sensible do we. Oh some minds that are well endowed with maternal aptitude are always around and thank God for that. If we did a good job overall the world would be a better place. Humans are failures in many ways. As your companion said ' Abortion is immoral' no matter what reason are given. It would never feel right or comfortable to me.

Just my two cents.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '12, 20:59

Peggy, your two cents are always the most welcome.

Youtube blocked my cut, so for those who loved Rose scene, here:
It's here, available in 720p^^
I had to pause the video because I thought I'll choke with laughter.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jun 24th, '12, 03:51

I have yet to see the last two episodes but I kinda get the idea of were its heading. I have to agree with you Peggy. I have been that type that has always been 100% against abortion and this is the only drama I've heard the topic being discussed. There is actually a clinic about 15 minutes away from my house that is basically just for that. Its next to an outside shopping center so every time I go around that center I see nothing but posters, flags, signs with an anti-abortion sign. I get disgusted every time I see it. I have never seen anyone go inside the building but if its still open and running, well you know.

To change the subject because I seriously get pissed just thinking about these things and I'm in a good mood now. How come there is no good, handsome, Korean doctors where I live! From were I live its like winning the lotto. I don't know who would be more excited, me or my mother. :roll But its to be expected that he would be pissed. I luv him either way and with the situation with JA biological clock is ticking I would have considered it as a miracle to have the baby. Even though she doesn't see it like that. I wonder if the baby will have a full head of hair like his/ her adorable daddy. Something like this would definitively teach him a thing or two.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jun 25th, '12, 18:17

pffft... rose seduction was priceless wasn't it? :lol

I too see the writing on the wall with them making doctor guy look bad but I hope he becomes her supportive friend through the hardships during her pregnancy instead.

jellydonut

Post by jellydonut » Jun 25th, '12, 19:42

I love the rose scene too, i was jumping in my seat, lol. How come only one ep this week? anyway i can't wait to see what happens next. :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 27th, '12, 07:06

I'll just leave this here:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 27th, '12, 07:43

jubies,
Your end photo is driving me wild. I can't get enough of Big Bang lately. they are off on a tour and now they are not showing the MVs they made for Alive anymore on TV. I don't even know where they are at the moment. Have you any news of their whereabouts?? Will they come to California??
I wish they would put their MVs on DVD. they are perfect. Have you niticed that other groups are now copying the settings in some way and also using little snatches of melody and chords.

Back to the drama. Lover Lee is also in that 'We Got Married' show and he is so sweet to his screen wife. I don't know how she can resist him.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jun 27th, '12, 16:18

Peggy thanks. I go crazy when I see T.O.P. too. Just love Big Bang. It says here that they are supposed to be in L.A. on November 3 http://bigbangworldtour2012.blogspot.it ... dates.html

This wouldn't be confirmed of course until closer to the date. I would be soooo excited if I could go. L.A. is just a 6 hr drive from me. I would have to go alone though :cry: I am the only one I know who is a fan of Big Bang.

aww...would like to see lover Lee more...will have to check out WGM episodes with him.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 27th, '12, 17:55

Beware ladies...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 27th, '12, 18:05

8) Jubies,
that is one great site with all those photos etc. I have set it aside to go into it more fully later. I was first crazy about the group and especially TOP. He just has such a cool exterior but who knows whats burning inside? Now I also added G.Dragon. He has the smile of a little devil on the face of an angel. He can carry it off because I think he is a genius.
You are brave to contemplate a six hour drive. I wish they would come to Anaheim and I might be courageous enough to have someone drive me to a concert there. Do you think they would have a box or will everyone stand? I can't do it if I have to stand through a concert. I do hope they will do a video of this concert wherever it is.

No wonder they have not been on TV shows lately. At least Mnet should keep on showing those videos they already have made. I just got three albums but I want to see them on DVD.

Sorry Mod. This really should be on Big Bang thread............

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 27th, '12, 18:08

:roll Lover Lee looks like a real model and even manages the heels. I wonder what show that was for. He is so cool when they get him going in costume. Really an all around nut case. I love him.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 27th, '12, 18:37

It's from today's episode of I Do I Do... :mrgreen:
But yes, he werks that heels...

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jun 27th, '12, 22:23

Beware ladies...
[/quote]

hmmm........does this mean he will be good guy to the end..? I hope so. Would be a nice change from typical k- drama fashion. I get a bit disappointed when there are 2 leading men that I like equally and then they make the other guy despicable or at least somewhat annoying by the end. I love doc and want to continue the love.

Peggy.......I am not very brave but I have been there a few times. Driving TO L.A. is not the problem. Driving IN L.A. is a different story. I could hop a plane but then I would have to rent a car and it just seems like a pain in the butt plus I would still be driving in L.A. The traffic is the worst but it's really not all that crazy(like say New York. I would die before I tried driving there or I would die driving there). The frustrating thing is the length of time your stuck in traffic. Hope we both have a change to see Big Bang!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 27th, '12, 23:12

jubies,

I must tell you that they are doing heavy roadwork in LA. they have closed off onramps and off ramps and it will go on for months and months. already local drivers are going crazy and it is a terrible mess. be warned.!!

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jun 27th, '12, 23:32

Peggy,

That sucks! Thanks for telling me. At least if I do get the chance to go I will be forewarned.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 29th, '12, 08:39

Just finished ep 9. I died at the breast massage scene. :rofl: Need to gif it... if only I didn't break the gif program I'm using. >.< (Believe me, I have tried everything to fix it but I guess next thing is to touch the register...)

This series is getting better and better. I don't think they will make the doctor bad guy. For once I don't mind who she ends up with, even though I have my doubts. Can't she have both? :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 29th, '12, 20:17

I'm watching every episode as many times as I can squeeze in. The Wednesday is so far away... :pale:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 1st, '12, 00:46

jubies 8)

Big Bang Los Angeles November 3rd at Honda Center

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 1st, '12, 00:48

Sorry. wrong thread.
Last edited by Peggy on Jul 1st, '12, 07:38, edited 1 time in total.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jul 1st, '12, 04:12

Viande wrote:Just finished ep 9. I died at the breast massage scene. :rofl: Need to gif it... if only I didn't break the gif program I'm using. >.< (Believe me, I have tried everything to fix it but I guess next thing is to touch the register...)

This series is getting better and better. I don't think they will make the doctor bad guy. For once I don't mind who she ends up with, even though I have my doubts. Can't she have both? :mrgreen:
Breast massage was hilarious! Don't know how he could do that with a straight face. I wonder how many takes they had to do. I don't mind either who she ends up with but we all know who that will be. Finally JA is realizing her feelings for TK. JA has had so many opportunities to tell Tk the truth. If she doesn't tell him soon the shiteth will really hit the faneth. Wednesday please come quickly!!!!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 1st, '12, 09:26

You know I like to make cuts, so this time, breast massage (actually this can become a tutorial too):
here to download

Plus, I giggled so much seeing TK's reaction after the kiss and seeing the picture. He was about to explode with happiness :mrgreen:

On the other topic - I want JA's jewelry and make-up kit, NAO!!

ClockwiseStir

Post by ClockwiseStir » Jul 4th, '12, 06:10

I just started my holidays and thinking of trying out this drama. Just wondering if someone should be so kind as to point me to the english subbers of this drama? Thank you!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 4th, '12, 08:01

Viki
Dramafever
Darksmurfs

You're really that new to looking for subs? :glare:

ClockwiseStir

Post by ClockwiseStir » Jul 4th, '12, 08:14

Ethlenn wrote:Viki
Dramafever
Darksmurfs

You're really that new to looking for subs? :glare:
Thank you! Well, I don't usually have time to watch a full kdrama, so when I do I usually stream or look at withs2 because their subs are the best quality to me :) the rest tend to have poor English (mixed with random other languages!) Jdrama's fansub map is more reliable I find.

Thanks I'll have a look at the above.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 4th, '12, 09:05

Yeah, I feel the pain. sadly WITH are not subbing this drama. But Dramafever subs are also good.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 7th, '12, 10:45

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jul 7th, '12, 18:15

Thanks E for the OST. I was going to start looking for it tomorrow but you saved me some time :mrgreen:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 8th, '12, 22:27

esmer86, I love your signature. :rofl:

and thanks for the OST! ^^

Hehe, I like it how Ji An's friend was thinking the same as me about Ji An keeping both the doctor and the young man. I don't mind some polyamory in this case... :whistling: :mrgreen:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 14th, '12, 22:09

Damn, this drama makes have faith in men, why aren't that that considerate in real life? or am I just unlucky with them ?
Can't believe it will end soon, love it !

@esmer86, your signi, for someone who didn't watch the drama, is just weird and crazy :D :lol

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 22nd, '12, 14:14

You are 21, in how many relationships with men(not boys!) could you been at that point...There are good men somewhere waiting for you.

I just started to watch this drama and i like it so far. The male lead is a little bit awkward for me, but thats only because i watched jujst a few months ago a drama, where he played a selfish, neurotic, childish bastard, whom you would like to hate.
The second male lead improves every time i see him. He came a long way from a wooden block of emotionlessness and KSA is being KSA^^.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 22nd, '12, 15:20

I always fall for "men" not boys , the last man I knew has 38 yo and he was a psycho,I think age has nothing to do with maturity...anyways I don't think it's the right place to talk about my life but thank you for giving me hope : )

About the ending:
I wasn't expecting he'll stay, I thought he was gonna leave to be a succesful man but I was satisfied with what happened, like the doctor said going to study there doesn't garrantee if he'll become succesful or not.
The proposal was quite funny, I didn't think she'll be the one doing it .
First I thought, NOOOOOO that can't happen, she can't die and leave them alone and he'll strugle like his father :cry: and than I realised it was a dream , right ?
I didn't want to see the doctor alone T_T
I love this drama, it highlighted some important topics like abortion, single moms, motherhood,education... and the most important thing is that question, what is the right path ? is it a career ? how can we choose the right one ? should we take risks ?
Sometimes bad things that happen to us aren't that bad in the long term, we should have faith, life is unpredictable!
I will definitely rewatch it :wub:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 24th, '12, 08:15

Exactly my thoughts, Sham. ^^ I really liked this drama and how it casually introduced some heavy topics. After some fluffy romantic comedies it's nice to have some "real stuff" once in a while. Also, missing pure evil characters (well except for the president's wife) was a nice change. I'm getting a little bored of the black-and-white thinking in kdramas, it makes them too predictable.

About the ending:
I was also surprised by that scene. At first I thought it was a cut from future but then the more I thought about it must have been just a dream while she was under anesthesia. Anyhow, she didn't die to the surgery for sure. :-)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 24th, '12, 08:54

Since perfection doesn't exist, I'd say this dramawas really really good. Sham and Viande summed that up. It wasn't the usual rom-com, it didn't have the cliche time-jump ending, more like a page-flipping only. It didn't have the villains as we're got used to.
No useless drama, no dragging, but some normal people.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 28th, '12, 21:39

I watch this drama since a few days and am a few episodes in. Until now it's one of my romcoms 2012(i expect that the Magistratewill top this^^).
One thing distracts me the whole time and this is the color of the lipstick the MALE lead wears. I know this is common in dramas/movies a.s.o. that men wear lipstick. But in almost all cases its a color,which is natural and isn't different, than real lipscolor. But here it's really really odd (at least for me)that he wears pink lip gloss. I know, that some men have lips,which look like as if these men wear lipstick. And I'm one of them. The frst question i hear from a woman, if we have a conversation on a personal level (so basically the "friend"-level and not just acquaintance or colleague) is: "I wanted to ask you the whole time...do you wear lipstick?" the second question is: "Where can i buy it?". And this isn't a joke, happens to me all the time (an honestly i never understood why they ask this). At this point i proclaim myself "The King of OT". Sry for that...bear with me.