What kdrama are you currently watching? (Part 2)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Inouelam

Post by Inouelam » Jun 3rd, '12, 03:48

hi, I am watching both " 49 days" and "Will it snow at Chirstmas", they are so cool. In 49 days, I crazy like the main actress Nam Gyu Ri at the first moment :w00t:

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Jun 4th, '12, 17:38

I just finished Rooftop's prince, well kind of, the drama wasn't great, there just was a lack of chemistry between YOO CHUN & HAN JI MIN. However I switched over to watch Queen In Hyun's Man, boy this time-travelling drama is 10x times better! Story, acting, filiming, directing, music, a lot a lot a lot better!! I am up to episode 14, can't wait!!

I am also watching a gentlemen's dignity which is very cute, the chemistry between JDG & KHN is awesome :) Onto episode 4 for this.

Also recently I finished watching:

1. Dream High 2 (well...I skipped a lot of it!!)
2. Shut up flower boy band, it's better than you think! Quite well done for a group of rookies!

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Jun 5th, '12, 06:31

finished vampire prosecutor - nice crime drama =P definitely enjoyed it!

gonna try King 2 Hearts

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jun 7th, '12, 04:49

People are mentioning The Chaser. That can't be related to the ultra-violent but popular Korean film that was making the festival circuit two or three years ago? Hard to imagine that going over in teevee land. :-)
Just finished watching Tree with Deep Roots. What can I say besides, "Thank You, Korea!"
I found this series to be spellbinding from beginning to end. I think I could be turning into a saeguk nut at this rate. Well, as long as I don't go around saying, "yae chohnah" too often I'll be fine. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 7th, '12, 21:51

I Do I Do, Gentleman's Dignity, I Love Italy, The Chaser, Holy Land, I Love You, Mushin and finishing A Thousand Days' Promise.
Will check first episode of Big too although I don't have high hopes for Hongs' work.

@rootabega: it's not related to it, at least not in ep 2 I'm on. But it's no rom-com either, it's a more intense stuff.
and it's "ye, Jeonha" btw.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 8th, '12, 03:19

Added "Phantom" aka "Ghost" to the list, it's surprisingly good and yeah the first episode someone showed up even if it was for a few seconds, I know that whenever that guy shows it's gonna be a good drama hehe:

arcticmoonrise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arcticmoonrise » Jun 8th, '12, 04:21

I'm watching Gentleman's Dignity and I'm planning to start of Dr. Jin and Gaksital soon. I might start on QIHM too based on its reputation XD

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jun 8th, '12, 05:42

@Ethlenn
and it's "ye, Jeonha" btw.
I knew I was murdering that. XD
Thanks for the info!

MitsukaiKuroi2

Post by MitsukaiKuroi2 » Jun 8th, '12, 09:34

Right now I am watching :

"Protect The Boss" (loving it and laughing my brains out!!!)
"Equator Man" (pretty good)
"Queen In-Hyun's Man" (It's okay but I will see if I want to keep going with it)
"I Do, I Do" (LOVE the first two episodes!!! Can not wait to see where this one goes!!!)

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 8th, '12, 22:41

Finished Rooftop Prince. I can't belive Issy was right about the plot... I just can't accept it, it was so illogical. :mrgreen: Anyway, I guess I should give Miss Ripley another chance for more Yoochun.

As next drama, I started Twelve Men in a Year. I hope it doesn't have I Need Romance ending, although the main guy doesn't seem that scumbag.

A bit off-topic but I saw Detective K (a movie) a few weeks ago and was really surprised by Han Ji Min's character in that movie. It was very different from her role in Rooftop Prince. It changed my opinion about her acting.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 9th, '12, 13:54

Started I do I do and I am loving it so far. I think it's going to be my main obsession this season after Queen InHyun's Man so let's see
also for some reasons I felt like watching Gloria from where I left it out last year so I kind of started from beginning. :P It's was a really good drama till half way...
I have watched two eps of Bridal Mask and am not so sure about continuing it. JW was never a reason for to watch any drama and I am still not impressed by him in BM.
will add some more to list for sure

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Jun 9th, '12, 16:27

Just finished OCN's Hero. So awesome.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 9th, '12, 16:58

Added Wedding Scheme to the list. I'm sold, tvN and their dramas, damn...

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 9th, '12, 19:32

Ethlenn wrote:Added Wedding Scheme to the list. I'm sold, tvN and their dramas, damn...
:scratch: where are you going to fit all these dramas in 6 hours a week slot ? :P
I might as well continue watching it too then :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 9th, '12, 20:26

Issy wrote: :scratch: where are you going to fit all these dramas in 6 hours a week slot ? :P
My timeslot became fantastic-elastic lately... I'm on ep 4 of WS and damn I love it. Main girl screams at times but damn, never thought Lee Kyu Han has so much potential (I didn't like him in Que Sera Sera, OK), his character here is pure art. This is a normal guy (well, OK, he's a freak and his screaming is precious) not some chaebol who never seen the soil or woman. And the kiss...
Plus the chemistry between leads is great.
Will watch the rest (up to ep 8 today), yup, I'm crazy.
rootabega wrote: I knew I was murdering that. XD
I just like your attitude :rofl:
Forgive my need to correct the errors, I'm from a long line of teachers.

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Jun 10th, '12, 08:17

Queen Inhyun's Man just finished!A very nice kdrama indeed.Currently looking forward to next kdrama :)

Watched Gentlemen's dignity first episode,looks not bad but not really comedy =/

Downloading I Do,I Do and Big...hopefully they r good :)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 10th, '12, 09:34

Began to watch Queen Inhyun's man. Damn tvn...they have so many dramas i like^^. Sooo many dramas...so little time.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jun 11th, '12, 06:45

finished rooftop prince. Not perfect plot wise but I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Also finished the princess man and in serious withdrawal. Hope I can find some others that can distract me from the pain.

On episode 8 of QHM and added Big and I do I do. First two episodes of Big were ok for me but I do I do is great so far......I want moooooooooore. waiting for more episodes of I love Italy before I watch and starting a gentleman's dignity and wedding scheme(after waiting so long for subs yay!). May try BM. Yowza that's a lot of drama. I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Well, where there's a will there's a way. :D

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 11th, '12, 19:35

I watched half of Star's Lover. Seemed like a very, very good drama... but I got bored.

And I decided to watch A Love To Kill again... I lost count of times that I have seen it. And I still love find it marvelous. Of course, it's only up to 13th episode or so, when writers suddenly decided to make last episodes full of stupid boringness.

It's kinda like with US Tv-show Friends. I've seen it many times but I somehow find it tempting to watch it once more. Right after A Love To Kill.

BUT! I have put a drama that I have never heard of, on my download list - Punch, it's called. Stars Shin Min Ah and pretty much everything else is irrelevant. It'a a 2003 drama so it seems like a treat.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jun 12th, '12, 02:50

just finished The King2Hearts and Queen Inhyun's Man, and Hero( OCN 2012) all awesome

watching

Big- so far it's ok not feeling the magic though

A Gentleman's Dignity

12 Men in a Year- definitely oriented towards women but Go Joon Hee is one of the few predominately side character actresses I will watch a drama for, that being said Park Tam Ya is the kind of friend all women need.

Hello, God- hooray for Flowers for Algernon

Love Rain- I'll give it this, it's very pretty the camera work is awesome, also YoonAh is very pretty and I'm secure enough in my sexuality to admit Jang Geun Suk is also very pretty, story wise wasn't four times enough to tell the exact same story over and over again for mister director? from the first episode I'm guessing the reason the parents don't get together is they're both morons who choose others over their own feelings

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 13th, '12, 13:33

Dropped "A Gentleman's Dignity", "Big" ep03 was boring as hell one more episode just like this one and bye bye, sorry Goong Yoo!
"I do,I do" beautiful,sweet,addictive with great chemistry and acting!
"Ghost":The worst acting EVER, the production and the plot,til now are making up for that, will drop it if it becomes worse.
"Twelve men in one year": :heart: 4 more episodes, yes I did marathon this drama, love it,I don't get bored for one second, and damn I hate te actress, I envy her sooo bad !
"The marriage plot": I've just started it.
I guess I'll try "I love Italy" b'cause I think every TvN's drama is worth trying!

F***I should get a life! :alcoholic: :nuts:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 13th, '12, 13:48

Sham26 wrote:
F***I should get a life! :alcoholic: :nuts:
Life? Wut iz this devilish thing??

I tried Big but I almost fell asleep during first ep. So yeah, Gong Nice Legs Yoo has terrible drama again.
Second episode of I Love Italy, and well, maybe I will continue this despite the insane amount of ridiculous situations. But hell, where do you get to see a completely naked young guy albeit with blurred butt? Despite some "noble idiocy" case in Wedding Scheme it's my current fix, along with I Do I Do, so hell yeah for slooow subs!!
Restarted Mushin again, and watching Scent of a Woman (restart), I need to unblock my tear ducts, I guess.
And of course The Chaser continues to chase after some subs, because it's hella intense drama with lots of small subplots.

Glad you liked Twelve Men, it's kind of underrated drama of 2012^^
P.S. Sham, yer ava... these dorks...

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Jun 13th, '12, 15:14

Eh,how come nobody mention about Dr.Jin? :P

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 13th, '12, 16:23

Sham26 wrote:"Twelve men in one year": :heart: 4 more episodes, yes I did marathon this drama, love it,I don't get bored for one second, and damn I hate te actress, I envy her sooo bad !
Hehe, I want to know how on earth they got so many gorgeous men in this series?! :mrgreen:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 13th, '12, 16:27

Viande wrote:
Sham26 wrote:"Twelve men in one year": :heart: 4 more episodes, yes I did marathon this drama, love it,I don't get bored for one second, and damn I hate te actress, I envy her sooo bad !
Hehe, I want to know how on earth they got so many gorgeous men in this series?! :mrgreen:

Truth to be told, a lot of idol, who are "hot", aren't actually "hot". Take an average guy from the street and pump enough money in styling, cloths and ps and you have a hot guy. I'm just saying.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 13th, '12, 17:02

Silverman wrote: Truth to be told, a lot of idol, who are "hot", aren't actually "hot". Take an average guy from the street and pump enough money in styling, cloths and ps and you have a hot guy. I'm just saying.
Oh really? :glare: Why you men always have to be so insecure... :whistling:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 13th, '12, 19:29

Viande wrote:
Silverman wrote: Truth to be told, a lot of idol, who are "hot", aren't actually "hot". Take an average guy from the street and pump enough money in styling, cloths and ps and you have a hot guy. I'm just saying.
Oh really? :glare: Why you men always have to be so insecure... :whistling:
Geez i hate it, when people do such things, because now it makes no difference what
i say, you'll use it against me^^.
If i say nothing, you can say, that i admit it.
If i say "no I'm not insecure", then it'll be a poor attempt to assure myself
if i say something like "no i'm not insecure, but you would jump on anything with a penis", then it would be childish and lowbrow.
So i refrain from an answer and say i acknowledge your opinion, even if it may be not the truth.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 13th, '12, 20:39

So why say it in the beginning? Belittleing other people is not the way to state your opinion without getting snappy answers. (And sorry about that but I really dislike people assuming other people are stupid.) As if I didn't know "ordinary" people can look good too, I'm not stupid. But anyway, hot guy is a hot guy. The fact that someone else can look hot too doesn't mean that the others can't. It sounds like jealousy to me, if someone says "anyone can look better". I don't mind admitting it if someone looks good, better than me or not.

(and sorry for off-topic, will stop it here)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 13th, '12, 21:28

Viande wrote:So why say it in the beginning? Belittleing other people is not the way to state your opinion without getting snappy answers. (And sorry about that but I really dislike people assuming other people are stupid.) As if I didn't know "ordinary" people can look good too, I'm not stupid. But anyway, hot guy is a hot guy. The fact that someone else can look hot too doesn't mean that the others can't. It sounds like jealousy to me, if someone says "anyone can look better". I don't mind admitting it if someone looks good, better than me or not.

(and sorry for off-topic, will stop it here)
Wohaaa now you put a lot of things, which i didn't say or mean in my mouth. And it's something i despise. You asked a rhetoric and not so serious question and i answered also not so serious. You asked where they got so many hot guys and i just said, thats it's all about styling for the most of them, so that these dramas can produce "hot guys" en mass. Now you say, that i assumed, that you are stupid, i'm jealous and i didn't say with one word, that "anyone can look better" or that i can look better. Just a hint. Don't assume hidden intentions behind every word, which you read somewhere, because that is just a pain in the ass for you and the writer. As for me...if i wanted to say, that you are stupid or i'm jealous, i would just say so. Because what do i have to lose here, if i admit the truth, since nobody here knows me in private?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 13th, '12, 22:16

Rhetoric questions are not classified as such without a reason.
But if someone answers, well... :glare:
Viande asked such question in a joking tone, why take it seriously and dissect every word? Just relax, do as I do - pour some gin over the lemon and add... ah no, wait, I'm an :alcoholic:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 14th, '12, 09:16

My answer didn't meant to be a serious answer at that point, but also an :lol - statement.
And geez, i'm man enough to admit, that it wasn't the best idea to answer a rhetorical question. But i didn't mean something in particular by my answer and such answers are meant to be read and then just roll your eyes or simply ignore them, simply because they are born out of the momentum and are really just "fluff". I admit it's my fault, that my lol-answers don't show as such, because i always have the impulse to explain things in detail. So a simply "lolz, the are thousands of hot guyz"(or something among these lines) became what i wrote.
I take it as my fault and error. But i won't take it, that someone puts words in my mouth, which i never said or meant or directly insults me. But i stop at this point, because it will become just more stupid, than it already is.

sassygirl989

Post by sassygirl989 » Jun 14th, '12, 09:46

just finished scent of a woman. :) nice drama. i cried so much.

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Jun 16th, '12, 04:49

Just started Delightful Girl Chun Hyan... :cheers:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 16th, '12, 07:37

drama worth watching.

Also trying to watch my dear Ahn Jae Wook in Lights and Shadows. I have missed some episodes but the story is pretty interesting set in the days just after the Korean War. Lots of dicey situations in those days and some pretty evil people. In real life I think there was such corruption and this drama show it rather well. I think this still has a way to go before good triumphs over evil.

Can't wait for I Do I Do and Lee Jang Woo.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 16th, '12, 07:40

What the devil is wrong with d-addicts. I wrote a long post about three or four dramas. It has chewed them all to bits except for this last paragraph.
This time it is not my messing things up. Give me all my word back again.

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

jessiesoon
Malaysia

Post by jessiesoon » Jun 20th, '12, 03:03

I have not watch kdrama for quite a few years now.. But I got hooked on krdrama again...
Now, I'm watching A Gentleman's Dignity, Dr. JIN and I Do, I Do.
Dr. JIN is the reason I started watching krdrama again... Because it was a remake of a Japanese's work. I love the Japanese version of that drama, and I'm so glad that the Korean version is good as well!!
And I am so addicted to A Gentleman's Dignity now... I'm so glad that Kim Haneul is the one who play the lead actress. I know that it was supposed to be someone else.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 20th, '12, 09:49

Finished Twelve Men in a Year and it easily stole the first place in my favourite dramas of this year. The most open-minded and fresh drama I've seen for a while. I defiently recommend to watch it.

Next I started I Do I Do because it has got lots of love here. It didn't seem that interesting at the start but then I ended up watching first four episodes in one night so can't really say it's not interesting. :mrgreen: I don't know which guy to cheer. I like the young guy but the doctor is also charming. Also, I got shivers when I saw Na Ri for the first time, she looked like Taemin in dress! :blink

Presca

Post by Presca » Jun 22nd, '12, 00:19

Right now I'm watching the following KDramas:

BIg
I Do, I Do
Love Rain
Full House
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho/Nine-Tailed Fox

teemu8

Post by teemu8 » Jun 22nd, '12, 17:20

BIG right now best drama this year like the couple

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 22nd, '12, 18:22

Dropped "Big".
After finnishing "Twelve men in a year",I thought it's only right to watch "Hyean" but the quality is not great .
Started "I need romance 2" ,the first episode was good!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '12, 18:39

Added I Need Romance 2012 to the list, since Wedding Scheme finished *sniff*

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 22nd, '12, 21:37

finished Wedding Scheme
watching I do I do, I Love Italy, I need Romance 2 and Twelve men in a year.

:blink surely all these love and romance can't be good for one's mood. need to get me some angst :cussing:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 22nd, '12, 21:43

Issy wrote: need to get me some angst :cussing:
Que Sera Sera. Everyone is in a permanent angst throughout the drama.
And I bet we'll get that in those 3 first you wrote.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 22nd, '12, 21:58

Ethlenn wrote:
Issy wrote: need to get me some angst :cussing:
Que Sera Sera. Everyone is in a permanent angst throughout the drama.
And I bet we'll get that in those 3 first you wrote.
although I am demanding some angst but not so sure if I want to see 100% angst :P talking about angst, I forgot to add that I also started watching "The Chaser". there is only one subbed ep available and I am totally dying to see more...if only this drama gets more loving. I really liked the 1st ep and I thought it was very strong. I am watching it for Kim Sang Joong and he's evil in every sense and I am loving him to bits. :P

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 23rd, '12, 01:35

Starting "Full House" for the 2nd time. I think it's the 3rd or 4th drama i rewatched over the years, Since it was one of my first kdramas and since then i've watched quite a few, i thought, that it would lose it's charm. But no, i still like it. Yes Bi, might be not the greatest actor out there, but i still like the drama and i don't know, why so many people dislike it. It may be not the best written drama or have the best acting, but it's fun to watch and thats what counts.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 23rd, '12, 10:01

Issy wrote: although I am demanding some angst but not so sure if I want to see 100% angst :P talking about angst, I forgot to add that I also started watching "The Chaser". there is only one subbed ep available and I am totally dying to see more...if only this drama gets more loving. I really liked the 1st ep and I thought it was very strong. I am watching it for Kim Sang Joong and he's evil in every sense and I am loving him to bits. :P
Tell me about it. I'm watching episodes raw, but as this drama is tense and lot of serious talking I bet I'm missing a lot since I'm no genious who learned Korean while watching MVs.
Ara's ajusshi is evil, pure evil.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jun 24th, '12, 06:10

watching wedding scheme ep 13 - like a lot

a gentleman's dignity and anxiously waiting for ep 9.

i do i do love it

i need romance 2012 - smut for me??? :O :lol

on ep 6 of gaksital and curiously addicted. I had no idea i would like it this much and definitely got me some angsty angst here..

bored with big so im dropping it

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jun 26th, '12, 04:12

recently I've really slowed the speed I watch dramas in favor of doing other things but anyway

still watching Twelve Men In A Year- despite the fact I don't like Yoon Jin Seo's character I like the show

Hello, God-

Love Rain-

I do, I do

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Jun 28th, '12, 13:35

I just watched the first episode of "Bittersweet Life" (which I'd been planning to watch for months!). I'm surprised. It's completely different from the usual K-drama, and it actually feels more like a movie. The story is really deep and powerful, it really makes you think; and there are none of the usual clichés. It actually reminds me a bit of "Byakuyakou", but a more "grown-up" version. Like "Byakuyakou", "Bittersweet Life" starts with the death of one of the two main characters, and we then get flashbacks from a policeman's point of view about all that led to this murder/suicide(?). The script is pretty well written, the music is soft and fitting with the mood of the drama (none of the melodramatic K-pop tunes), and the actors are really good in their roles! Plus, as a bonus, we get beautiful shots of the landscape in Hokkaido! I often find the first episode of any K-drama to be pretty boring, but this one really managed to captivate me. I look forward to watching more episodes! :)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 28th, '12, 21:57

Finished "21st century family" , it's like a mini-sitcom or I dunno, it has some funny parts and it's just about real life ...I really enjoyed it except for the final episode I guess I wanted more !
I'm watching "I love Lee Tae Ri" funny and fresh, not flawless of course but I really enjoy it !
I'm not in a good mood , i need something funny...TvN please help me :/

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 28th, '12, 22:28

Sham26 wrote: I'm not in a good mood , i need something funny...TvN please help me :/
Wedding Scheme? :salut:
Oh, I'm sorry , dear. OK, I'm not. You know why^^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 29th, '12, 11:18

Ethlenn wrote:
Sham26 wrote: I'm not in a good mood , i need something funny...TvN please help me :/
Wedding Scheme? :salut:
Oh, I'm sorry , dear. OK, I'm not. You know why^^
Yep. watching it :thumright:
And yes I know you're not sorry evil woman! Just wait until 2014 :x

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 1st, '12, 07:19

Oh Sham, it will end exactly the same, muwaahahaha!!

Anyway, added Gaksital to the (long) list.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jul 1st, '12, 08:36

watching ep 11 of a gentleman's dignity.
that kiss on the glass..........awkward much? but they made up for it.Can I just say.........finally!
Tae San continues to be self centered and selfish
ok I can get how he would be upset that the person he likes doesn't want to marry him when he does.....but she told him from the beginning. She doesn't want to give up her career or have kids...there are some people that just don't want that. It doesn't mean she doesn't like him enough or that she wants to play around. He did see that she was totally awkward trying to get around those kids...a good indication that maybe children and family life are not for her. He has no right to try and force her into his mold. Or be angry when she won't allow him too. If he loves her..love her for her.If he wants something different..end it..but nicely cause it's not her fault your the dumbass who chose her. I hope that kid is his so he can grow up and realize he's not the center of the universe.
:cussing: ok ranting done..........

on a different note.......Do Jin cracks me up.
when he went to the bedroom and saw all the bras laid out and she asks him why he's looking at her underwear." You didn't lay them out so I could pick?" Every word that comes out of this man's mouth is gold...pure gold...and JDG plays him to perfection.
and me....just pissing the night away :alcoholic:

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Jul 1st, '12, 11:43

I am watching Big, I Do I Do and Ghost

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 1st, '12, 20:43

Just started SOLDIER. Saw first two episodes. I think it will be either an enormous success or fade away with length.
I am impressed with it because the cast is so solid. Lots of really good experienced people. It is pretty grim to take for the first episode and parts of the second. I am hoping this will stop and we can get to the real story and find out how people begin to get into their places in this tale.

So glad I did not live then. The life of a slave was worth nothing. Don't know how you get to be a citizen, if ever. When did slavery end in Korea? Did it? thinking of years that young people put in with agencies who promise them success in a music group. Takes eight..ten..twelve or more years of training and learning and rehearsing with little pay and no publicity. Worse than being an indentured servant learning a trade I would think.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jul 2nd, '12, 05:16

just dropped Love Rain, don't know why but I feel bad maybe because I spent 7 hours trying to like it but I just don't but it's not Yoon Ah or Jang Geun Suk's fault so I just imagine both of them looking at me with puppy dog eyes asking why I don't like them,

watching

12 Men in a Year

Hello God

watched the first episode of The Chaser it was awesome though the f'er completely ran his daughter over forwards and back so having his doctor friend be the one who actually killed her is unnecessary, also you'd think villains the world over would have learned not to mess with the family's of law enforcement officers and the like by now

thinking about re-watching Thank You, Flowers for my Life, and Soul
Last edited by Sajen16 on Jul 2nd, '12, 07:40, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 2nd, '12, 07:36

Peggy wrote: When did slavery end in Korea? Did it? thinking of years that young people put in with agencies who promise them success in a music group. Takes eight..ten..twelve or more years of training and learning and rehearsing with little pay and no publicity. Worse than being an indentured servant learning a trade I would think.
Officially - in 19th century, unofficially - K-entertainment has its piramids built by slaves still.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jul 8th, '12, 22:59, edited 2 times in total.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 2nd, '12, 11:46

What i don't really get is, why so many of these young people would want that? I meanhalf of the famillies of these idols are people with money. Not necesseraly filthy rich, but well off, so that they don't need to "sell their children to slavery". Then there are years of training. when they hit ~17- 20, they end their training and go public. But most of these idols end their carrier after ~5 years (at least the female groups, when most of their members hit 25...) and then what? Most of them vanish from the scene and very few become long-term actors. So they basically slave away their youth. One thing is, if they are talented and can good act or sing, so that the can stay in business after the idol-years (if they are lucky). But to be honest, most of these idols from popular groups have next to none talent/voice (and no this is no jeallossy, just real concern) and thats not just my opinion, thats a fact (i'm not talking about dancing or the handsome/beautiful apperance here, which is imho also a talent, but not a musical one).

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Jul 2nd, '12, 12:27

On episode 3 of "Bittersweet Life". I think this drama is really starting to challenge my view of K-dramas. It's so different from the usual mainstream stuff in so many ways. The characters are very well written. Unlike most K-dramas, they are not purely black and white. They appear as tortured souls, and you often feel repulsed by their actions, yet you can't help but identify with them.
Take the main male character for example. At first he appears very shallow. Just a happy young man. Yet you can't really explain what led him to commit suicide. But the more the story progresses, and the more you learn about who he really is. It's very disturbing. It's the kind of character that you fall in love with instantly, but than start to realize there's something off about him. It's definitely not the kind of drama you watch to feel relaxed.
Oh and I haven't seen this much "proper" kissing and as many "proper" sex scenes in any Asian drama before. So kudos to Lee Dong Wook and Oh Yun Soo for that!

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jul 2nd, '12, 15:39

watching I Do I Do , saw 5 eps of it and so far good ^_^

zacky80

Post by zacky80 » Jul 2nd, '12, 16:35

i'm already watching Big ,this show is good :thumright:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 2nd, '12, 17:57

A lot of japanese and taiwanese dramas have "more intense" sex/kissingscenes, than the korean ones. They are still relatively "innocent", but still much more "hardcore"(hence the ""), than the korean.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jul 3rd, '12, 18:36

Keikan wrote:On episode 3 of "Bittersweet Life". I think this drama is really starting to challenge my view of K-dramas. It's so different from the usual mainstream stuff in so many ways. The characters are very well written. Unlike most K-dramas, they are not purely black and white. They appear as tortured souls, and you often feel repulsed by their actions, yet you can't help but identify with them.
Take the main male character for example. At first he appears very shallow. Just a happy young man. Yet you can't really explain what led him to commit suicide. But the more the story progresses, and the more you learn about who he really is. It's very disturbing. It's the kind of character that you fall in love with instantly, but than start to realize there's something off about him. It's definitely not the kind of drama you watch to feel relaxed.
Oh and I haven't seen this much "proper" kissing and as many "proper" sex scenes in any Asian drama before. So kudos to Lee Dong Wook and Oh Yun Soo for that!
adding bittersweet life and thank you for reminding me that I wanted to watch this :D

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 3rd, '12, 18:47

Bittersweet Life is one of my topshelf dramas to keep and re watch. I thought Lee Dong Wook played his role to perfection. I was a little surprised since I have watched him in several roles and frankly I did not know the depth of his ability to play such a strong kind of role. He was spot on with his emotions and his general personal appeal. as in sex appeal that is. Who could resist him.
Loved all the Hokkaido settings.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 3rd, '12, 19:06

Ethlenn,
Re the slavery question. I really find it interesting how they dealt with things in Korea regarding family names and registries. Slaves did not have family names at all so what did they do when slavery was abolished.Were they allowed to make a totally new family name or could they use their former owners' name? Obviously they would have to create a new registry. In US I think slaves were using their owner's surnames. I am not sure of this since we did not study slavery to any detailed extent in school in England. I think as students we would have had a lot of difficult questions we needed answered. Same thing about homosexuality in Roman studies. I can't quite imagine our spinster History mistress explaining about Julius Caesar et al. You can easily see how history is never exact no matter who is telling story. Some things hidden and some things exaggerated.
But I still believe that Boadicea went into battle in a chariot....It's in my mind's eye so clearly.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jul 3rd, '12, 23:18

I really gotta check out Bittersweet Life. Every time I'm reading the comments from this thread I hear nothing but positive comments about the drama itself and the acting. Will definitely be on my "to watch list."

Watching and loving I Do, I Do.:heart: Haven't started Big- I think I'll wait for it to finish before I start watching it and 2 weeks ago I was going to start watching Gaksital/ Bridal Mask but the stills I kept seeing were reminding me of Capital Scandal so I ended up re-watching it. Since I'm done with CS I'll start watching Gaksital this weekend.

I can't forget about Queen In Hyun's Man, 12 Men In A Year, and Marriage Scheme so I have to squeeze them in there some how. :goggle:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 4th, '12, 03:55

regarding sex in Korean dramas. They seem to be so natural about all human activities that I find it silly that they pull up the covers when sex rears it's head. Sex is not romantic at all. It is physical instinct and lots of fun. It's damn funny when you think of how we must look in our exertions. A kiss can be romantic, but sex is nothing but pure animalistic pleasure. You can't make it romantic, which is why Korean directors have so much trouble with it,.

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Jul 4th, '12, 14:12

@Silverman: Well the sex scenes and kissing scenes are a hell of a lot more explicit than any J-drama or K-drama I've seen before (and I've seen a LOT of J-dramas). They're also also a lot less innocent lol! xD

@jubies33 and esmer86: Links to watch the drama are really hard to find. It took me a really long time to find links that were still working. Luckily, I managed to download all the episodes a few months ago. I checked yesterday and most of the links I had found have already been taken down. So if you can't find any links, just let me know. :)

@Peggy: I agree! Lee Dong Wook is amazing in this drama! Have you seen "Scent of a Woman"? He's incredible in that tango scene!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 4th, '12, 21:10

keikan,

Yes I did see 'Scent of a Woman' thoroughly enjoyed it altho it was never going to be a happy ending really. Lee played that role well also I think. I also saw the next one which was a rom/com called 'Wild Romance'. I do not care for the actress who played the lead but I thought the drama as a whole was interesting and had lots of twists to make it interesting. Lee was so attractive and very manly and I thought he also showed a sense of comedy along with the underlying romantic feelings. I do think he is becoming a very fine actor. I look forward to his next acting job.

As to the tango scene. I think the director made this scene come alive, and gave them full chance to show great tense feelings. Very hot I thought. the tango itself was not very good: at least if you have ever seen a real Argentine tango as it should be danced !
However, how they danced was not the point of the scene was it? They do work well together all the time.
Last edited by Peggy on Jul 5th, '12, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jul 5th, '12, 05:15

in my watch list so far :

Big
I Do I Do
A Gentleman's Dignity

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Jul 5th, '12, 05:48

The Return of Iljimae

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jul 7th, '12, 15:23

12 men in a year- you know it's funny for much of the show I wanted Mi Roo and Jin Oh to get back together simply because the vast majority of the other guys she was meeting were scum, but now that it is headed towards its conclusion, that's not what I want at all

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 8th, '12, 16:54

Sajen16 wrote:12 men in a year- you know it's funny for much of the show I wanted Mi Roo and Jin Oh to get back together simply because the vast majority of the other guys she was meeting were scum, but now that it is headed towards its conclusion, that's not what I want at all
Thank you for the spoiler. I'm going back to watching it again then. so far this drama being OK! the female lead still annoys me a little though. specially when she's acting drunk! :|

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 8th, '12, 22:47

Started Big some time ago while waiting new episodes for I Do I Do and I Need Romance 2012. Even though I really dislike Gil Da Ran's character (too childish adult for my taste and her voice sounds like she's baby talking...) the story isn't bad. Well yeah, I fell asleep while watching the first few episodes but episode by episode it got a bit better. I guess I just like these nuna stories. It annoys me when people complain how Kyung Joon and Gil Da Ran's relationship is wrong. I thought it was pretty clear from the start what was going to happen. I'm just curious about the ending.