Episodes: TBA
Viewership rating: TBA
Broadcast network: Fuji TV
Broadcast period: 2012-Jul-09 start
Air time: Monday 21:00
Theme song: Hikari e by miwa
Insert song: Napa by miwa

SYNOPSIS
Oguri Shun plays Hyuga Toru, an affluent man whose personality is on the contrary, speckled with flaws. A CEO of an IT firm who is published on Forbes as a billionaire, Toru attained his fortune through chance and pure luck. A woman who meets Toru and eventually becomes attracted to him is Sawaki Chihiro, played by Ishihara Satomi. Chihiro is a hardworking college student at Tokyo University who has prepared for her future as much as she possibly could through studies and obtaining licenses. Despite her efforts, she has yet to land a job. Upon meeting Toru, she begins to unravel a genuine pureness inside him and solitude resulting from such pureness, which eventually draws her closer to him. The two repeatedly conflict each other, but little by little learn about one another to grow and develop together.
Despite the worldwide recession and financial difficulties, there are people like Mark Zuckerberg who began work from merely an apartment room or a garage that end up growing to be companies generating over ten billion dollars revenues after merely 10 years or so, embracing their new found wealth by living the dream life. Whether it's a game or application software, Ecommerce, or other IT related firm, there are more than a few who rose in fame to such status in recent years. On the other hand, Japan's unemployment rate for new grads dropped to a record low and those who want to work are unable to, or their wishes to work at their company of choice is not granted.
A Cinderella story of the real world. Will the two be able to compromise their values and lifestyles to become a happy couple? -- Fuji TV

CAST
Oguri Shun as Hyuga Toru
Manabe Sena (真部晟凪) (ep1)
Ishihara Satomi as Sawaki Chihiro
Aibu Saki as Asahina Yoko
Asari Yosuke as Yasuoka Michiya
Nakahara Takeo as Fueki Tadamasa
Nakamura Yasuhi as Ogawa Satoshi
Furukawa Yuki as Kuga Tomoki
Nomura Masumi as Ono Haruka
Yagi Nozomi (八木のぞみ) as Miyamae Tomoka
Maikawa Aiku (舞川あいく) as Tateishi Risa
Ueki Kiyohiko (植木紀世彦) as Hosoki Riichi
Maruyama Tomomi as Nogi Yuta
Sano Shiro as Yamagami Toshiyuki
Iura Arata as Asahina Kosuke

CHARACTERS

Oguri Shun as Hyuga Toru
The president of Next Innovation. His management skills are neither outstanding nor is his ability to attract large capital or have a long-term view of the future. The website he did as a hobby at home quickly generated cash and he found him a billionaire. Because he dislikes people, he keeps thinking that all those who approach him are after his money. The people around him call him various names, “”billionaire”, “master of mobile games”, “con man”, “eccentric”, “geek”. He takes an interest in Sawaki Chihiro who suddenly appears before him and is completely different from him.

Ishihara Satomi as Sawaki Chihiro
A fourth year Tokyo University science faculty student who is job hunting. She has been a hardworking person since young, studying diligently and living in a down-to-earth way. However, she is tactless as well as shy. This makes it difficult for her to find employment and her job hunt has been a complete failure. One day, she attends a Next Innovation’s company information session, and through a strange turn of events ends up working for Hyuga Toru. His tendency to make remarks that hurt people without giving a second thought aggravates her, but before long, she senses his idealism and loneliness because of that, and starts falling for him.

Aibu Saki as Asahina Yoko
Asahina Kosuke’s younger sister. A restaurant chef. She dropped out of high school and went on to a vocational school for culinary arts. After that she went to California for training and was voted one of 100 promising young chefs. With this recognition of her abilities, she is assigned to be the chef of a newly opened restaurant at the building where Next Innovation is located. She is a rare female in the male-dominated culinary business. She met Hyuga Toru way before her brother and soon falls in love with him.

Arata as Asahina Kosuke
Asahina Yoko’s older brother and the vice-president of Next Innovation. After graduating from Tokyo University, he worked at a major telecommunications company. After that, he met Hyuga Toru who is his complete opposite. Seeing Hyuga’s potential, he proposed that they start a business and Next Innovation was founded. He is mild-mannered, popular and also good at all sports. Because he and Hyuga have different personalities, they do not clash. Instead Asahina is the one who gives concrete form to Hyuga’s ideas. Theirs is a relationship where they complement each other and have formed strong bonds.

Sano Shiro as Yamagami Yoshiyuki
Next Innovation’s accountant. “I’ll give you an interesting job,” that was Asahina Kosuke’s promise to him to get him to join the company. Although he is an analog person, he can change to suit the situation because of his flexible personality. He has faith in Asahina but dislikes Hyuga Toru’s impudence.

source: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Rich_Man,_Poor_Woman & http://jdramas.wordpress.com/2012/07/10 ... oor-woman/
Last edited by counsel05 on Jul 11th, '12, 14:16, edited 4 times in total.

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Jul 10th, '12, 13:08

me to... just watch episode 1 without subtitle..and I like this drama...
this will be my favorite drama this season ^^

Oguri Shun + Ishihara Satomi :wub: :wub: :wub:

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Jul 10th, '12, 14:03

I also love soundtrack of this drama. I really hope more kawaii scenes with our two leads. :wub:

Issy

Re: Rich Man Poor Woman

Post by Issy » Jul 10th, '12, 23:10

counsel05 wrote: I have watched first episode in its raw version and although I have not
understood the words they are talking about (except the simple ones) i find
it likeable. After hana kimi this is my 2nd drama with oguri shun. I hope he will
build good chemistry with Ishihara Satomi.
I was going to make a thread for this drama but since you have started one already, could you please edit it as other drama discussion threads? like, casts, plot,info...
here is an example
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_109275.htm

:salut:

counsel05

Re: Rich Man Poor Woman

Post by counsel05 » Jul 11th, '12, 14:09

Issy wrote:
counsel05 wrote: I have watched first episode in its raw version and although I have not
understood the words they are talking about (except the simple ones) i find
it likeable. After hana kimi this is my 2nd drama with oguri shun. I hope he will
build good chemistry with Ishihara Satomi.
I was going to make a thread for this drama but since you have started one already, could you please edit it as other drama discussion threads? like, casts, plot,info...
here is an example
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_109275.htm

:salut:
Hope I got your example right based on my edited post. :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 11th, '12, 14:15

^
It's perfect 8)
I will be back with my thoughts on first ep after I rewatched it with subs. I saw it raw last night and I found it quiet interesting.

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Jul 11th, '12, 14:19

Issy wrote:^
It's perfect 8)
I will be back with my thoughts on first ep after I rewatched it with subs. I saw it raw last night and I found it quiet interesting.
Yipee :cheers: Thanks for the advice. I'm really excited to watch it with subs soon.
its indeed interesting. I haven't watched a romantic jdrama lately after zenkai girl. hoping to get hooked on this one. :P

darji

Post by darji » Jul 11th, '12, 14:30

so giving the trailer and the infos so far. It looks to me like a very korean drama inspired work. can someone confirm this. I really do not like the look so far but I also really want to watch a nice romance drama again.

of course I am not expecting anything great like long vaction, or pride for example. But I really want to watch something decent. since the last decent or even a little good one was Boku to Star no 99 Nichi.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 11th, '12, 14:51

darji wrote:so giving the trailer and the infos so far. It looks to me like a very korean drama inspired work. can someone confirm this. I really do not like the look so far but I also really want to watch a nice romance drama again.

of course I am not expecting anything great like long vaction, or pride for example. But I really want to watch something decent. since the last decent or even a little good one was Boku to Star no 99 Nichi.
well, Boku to Star no 99 Nichi was very Kdrama styled drama itself. It's quiet early to say how good or bad this one is since we have only 1 ep. maybe in 2-3 weeks time?

me personally watching it for Oguri and Arata. I don't mind ishihara Satomi at all but I totally dislike Aibu Saki and it seems she is in every drama that I want to watch. :|
Last edited by Issy on Jul 11th, '12, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

darji

Post by darji » Jul 11th, '12, 14:58

Issy wrote:
well, Boku to Star no 99 Nichi was very Kdrama styled drama itself. It's quiet early to say how good or bad this one is since we have only 1 ep. maybe in 2-3 weeks time?

me personally watching it for Oguri and Arata. I don't mind ishihara Satomi at all but I totally dislike Aibu Saki and it seems she is in every drama that I want to watch. :|
Na boku was maybe with Korean actors but it still was very old school jdrama like, If that makes sense^^

But yeah guess I have to wait a bit...

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jul 11th, '12, 23:24

darji wrote: Na boku was maybe with Korean actors but it still was very old school jdrama like, If that makes sense^^
I totally agree with you. Boku was, in my eyes, no K-drama. Yes, it had a korean lead, but that's ist. I never thought "it feels like a kdrama". It's completely different with this one:

I just watched the last 5 minutes, and the first thing I thought was: "Wiat, is this really a jdrama?" The characters, the camera shots, the music, the lightning, the camera work in general, the plot. EVERYTHING just SCREAMS "K-drama" to me. Even the main actors look "more korean".
But, don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing in my eyes...and maybe it turns out to be a good thing eventually:
K-dramas have, in my eyes, one big problem: lenght! 16 episodes to 60 minutes each...thats just too long. That's roughly two times as long as our average J-drama. The result of this is repetitiveness and boring filler episodes.
ALL K-dramas that I've seen woul have been much better, if they had been in J-drama lenght. The storys are often really nice, but ate simply strechted out waaaay too long.
Meybe we get a decent K-drama in J-drama lengh and with J-drama production values. That would be nice. I'll definetly give this one a chance. :)

[thought it will be hard this season, because there are quite a lot doramas I want to watch, yay! :)]

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 11th, '12, 23:40

I watched alittle of this drama and honestly it seems very boring, unexciting and generic.
Like, everything has been done before , nothing new :-(

Not sure if ill give this a try later again or not....

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 12th, '12, 02:41

Loved ep1! Its quite exciting to follow. Ep1 focused more on business and there was only very little romance. Quite different than other j-drama "cinderella" stories.

Ending of ep1 was unexpected for me.
so she's not as innocent as she look like :roll
I also like the fact that hyuga easily forgets things, while chihiro has an amazing memorizing skill :) they kinda complement each other and it looks like they'll be perfect working partners.
I've only watched 3 this season (incl. Gto and summer rescue), this drama is definitely my fav among the 3. I think that says alot, coz I usually don't like oguri much. I like satomi though :-)

The story intrigued me.

To those who says this look like k-drama, can u point out 1 k-drm that has similar story or feel with rich man poor woman?

xnopex

Post by xnopex » Jul 12th, '12, 03:18

yanie wrote: To those who says this look like k-drama, can u point out 1 k-drm that has similar story or feel with rich man poor woman?
the title of this drama describes a lot of korean dramas (lol) but protect the boss was the first thing i thought of when i saw this drama.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Protect_the_Boss

while it's not the same story we do have

-rich male lead who is the head of the company
-male lead who has a slight mental issue and personal trauma (we'll find out later on)
-female lead who is poor and determined to find gainful permanent employment
-female lead who gets job because of an odd talent
-both characters complimenting one another to achieve a certain goal.
-ji hyeon and hyuga even have the same clothing (never wearing socks!) and hairstyle

this feels like a kdrama to me because of the cinderella aspect. we even got a montage with clothes shopping (i see this A LOT in korean dramas.). i even laughed when that montage was cut short with a joke bc even the writers realize how ridiculously trite it was. korean dramas do have strong female leads but it saddens me that those characters become overshadowed by the male lead or a lovestory takes over everything.
i do like the mystery aspect at the end of the first episode and that's what will keep me watching.
Last edited by xnopex on Jul 12th, '12, 16:29, edited 2 times in total.

xnopex

Post by xnopex » Jul 12th, '12, 03:27

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
darji wrote: Na boku was maybe with Korean actors but it still was very old school jdrama like, If that makes sense^^
I totally agree with you. Boku was, in my eyes, no K-drama. Yes, it had a korean lead, but that's ist. I never thought "it feels like a kdrama". It's completely different with this one:

I just watched the last 5 minutes, and the first thing I thought was: "Wiat, is this really a jdrama?" The characters, the camera shots, the music, the lightning, the camera work in general, the plot. EVERYTHING just SCREAMS "K-drama" to me. Even the main actors look "more korean".
But, don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing in my eyes...and maybe it turns out to be a good thing eventually:
K-dramas have, in my eyes, one big problem: lenght! 16 episodes to 60 minutes each...thats just too long. That's roughly two times as long as our average J-drama. The result of this is repetitiveness and boring filler episodes.
ALL K-dramas that I've seen woul have been much better, if they had been in J-drama lenght. The storys are often really nice, but ate simply strechted out waaaay too long.
Meybe we get a decent K-drama in J-drama lengh and with J-drama production values. That would be nice. I'll definetly give this one a chance. :)

[thought it will be hard this season, because there are quite a lot doramas I want to watch, yay! :)]
i agree with this. i wouldn't even mind the 16 episode format if it was cut a bit shorter. i enjoy all of the TVN kdramas (queen inhyun's man, flower boy ramyun shop, shut up flower boy band, 12 men in a year, etc) bc while they are 16 eps each, they are 45 min long and don't descend into stupid makjang madness. even the ones that follow the formula manage to change it up to remain decent.

popoycanton

Post by popoycanton » Jul 12th, '12, 05:44

It's like watching a kdrama w/ japanese actors and location japan :) Pretty nice nonetheless.

darji

Post by darji » Jul 12th, '12, 05:54

For me it is not only the length but also the way of presentation I really do not like about Kdramas. Its hard to explain but after watching this trailer alone it just screamed Kdrama for me.

http://asianwiki.com/Rich_Man,_Poor_Woman

But thanks for the answers. Guess I will skip it. It looks like Iki mo Dekinai Natsu is more in the direction I want.^^

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Jul 12th, '12, 15:33

I was not wrong with my initial vibes of this drama... so far. :D

Hyuga is creating this census thing which has something do with his mother. Through this project he would know where is his mom and if she is dead or alive.

Since this is a romance comedy drama, good idea of having the female lead have the same name as Hyuga's mother. In that way, he cannot forget her name just like the rest and makes
her "special" (but of course, we all know not in a romantic sense .... for now), but in a sudden twist such name is not her real name after all or is it? :unsure: :O hmmm exciting.

A few made comments that this is turning into a kdrama, not that it is bad but I believe it is still a jdrama for me. I am no authority to say it but I have watched a few kdramas and jdramas and each has there own brand of story telling. I just loved how jdramas though romantic themes still have this effect on me that the two leads are somewhat "so near yet so far". :wub: Japanese culture is different in showing their affection so its understandable that they are more "reserve" on depicting it to their shows. But still that's what I like about them. You still crave for more and left some for your imagination. No need to give away the goods that romantic drama lovers want to see.

One thing noticeable so far for me in this drama is that "tripping" scene of Sawaki. Does her shoe not fit perfectly or are we expecting something more of out her carelessness? hmmmm hope not the obvious one that we all know.

I can't wait for the next episode.

popoycanton

Post by popoycanton » Jul 12th, '12, 19:19

one funny moment was the sudden change of heart and the top-down car scene U-turn. Because in any kdrama, apparently traffic rules don't apply and you can make a U-turn whenever and wherever you please :)

Next thing to watch out for would be the turning off phone and taking out the batteries.

xnopex

Post by xnopex » Jul 13th, '12, 03:18

popoycanton wrote:one funny moment was the sudden change of heart and the top-down car scene U-turn. Because in any kdrama, apparently traffic rules don't apply and you can make a U-turn whenever and wherever you please :)

Next thing to watch out for would be the turning off phone and taking out the batteries.
ahahah i noticed the uturn part too!

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jul 13th, '12, 03:31

Do you mean the one at the end? It's one of the few scenes I'Ve seen so far, but it had "K-drama" written all over it. :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 13th, '12, 04:11

I find this not so much like other Cinderella stories coz the guy wasn't born as the heir of a wealthy family, he was just an otaku turning rich by his own talent and the girl is more of unemployed rather than poor. Their social status are pretty much the same, so social status won't be an issue unlike other similar type dramas, imo.

To those who still think RMPW is so kdrama, do you have a hint of where the story is going? I never watch kdramas, so the plot is still unpredictable for me,
esp with sawaki chihiro name mystery at the end :)

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 13th, '12, 10:40

I do feel that people are pre-judging this drama way too early. I watch kdramas but I came from years of watching Jdramas ( 6 years before Korean ones) back ground so I can tell the difference between the two.
First of all, romantic kdramas are changing. There are some cleverly written ones that don't have those old cliches that people are taking about them here. If you are saying this one has kdramas vibes just because of old cliches, then Hyuga's character should have been totally different. Just as yani said, both lead have a similar backgrounds. Now if you apply old kdrama cliches here , he should have been a filthy rich guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth with evil parents who want to marry him off to a rich girl. He would be great in everything and in best of health and shape. But Hyuga's character is totally different in every way.
I just don't understand why everyone says it's a kdrama style drama just because it has romance as its genre. Btw, those typical rich characters are also seen in jdramas a lot too.with all cliches I mentioned above.
Me personally think there is more in this story than just romance. In addition to chihiro's mysterious background, ARATA's character seems suspicious too. I will continue watching for sure.

beailoveyou
Philippines

Post by beailoveyou » Jul 13th, '12, 12:02

Issy wrote:I do feel that people are pre-judging this drama way too early. I watch kdramas but I came from years of watching Jdramas ( 6 years before Korean ones) back ground so I can tell the difference between the two.
First of all, romantic kdramas are changing. There are some cleverly written ones that don't have those old cliches that people are taking about them here. If you are saying this one has kdramas vibes just because of old cliches, then Hyuga's character should have been totally different. Just as yani said, both lead have a similar backgrounds. Now if you apply old kdrama cliches here , he should have been a filthy rich guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth with evil parents who want to marry him off to a rich girl. He would be great in everything and in best of health and shape. But Hyuga's character is totally different in every way.
I just don't understand why everyone says it's a kdrama style drama just because it has romance as its genre. Btw, those typical rich characters are also seen in jdramas a lot too.with all cliches I mentioned above.
Me personally think there is more in this story than just romance. In addition to chihiro's mysterious background, ARATA's character seems suspicious too. I will continue watching for sure.
I've stopped watching Kdramas for the longest time, but I really agree with you. This drama offers so much more than what the trailer and the storyline overview suggests. I seriously loved the first episode and I can't wait for the next one!

It's more than just a romance drama, that's for sure. :)

I was really surprised with the name thing! Did they really meet each other before already? OMGGG I really can't wait for the next ep!

darji

Post by darji » Jul 13th, '12, 12:31

Issy wrote:I do feel that people are pre-judging this drama way too early. I watch kdramas but I came from years of watching Jdramas ( 6 years before Korean ones) back ground so I can tell the difference between the two.
For me it is not about the story but about the presentation.

One of my favorite Jdramas in the last years had a similar back story. But Tsuki no Koibito was totally different presented. And yeah I might be pre-judging but that's because so many jdrams in the last years were disappointing and I never liked Kdramas because of their presentation to begin with.

I just don't want to waste my time. That is all.

asuko1linda

Post by asuko1linda » Jul 13th, '12, 12:55

I just watched ep 1 & loved it! I admit I was a little skeptical at first because the story sounded so cliche but it turned out so much better than I thought!

Initially I thought Shun's character Hyuga is going to be this complete jerk who bosses everyone around, but it turns out his character is so different, I love Hyuga, so far he's my favorite :) there's no doubt he's had some emotional trauma since childhood, but you can tell there's pureness in his heart and he has a certain charm to him.
The cliffhanger at the end was so unexpected and I hate that we have to wait every week for a ep!

and for those who think this drama is "Kdrama-style", I suggest you watch more J-dramas before you make this rather ignorant judgment.
GaussAlgorithmus wrote: I just watched the last 5 minutes, and the first thing I thought was: "Wiat, is this really a jdrama?" The characters, the camera shots, the music, the lightning, the camera work in general, the plot. EVERYTHING just SCREAMS "K-drama" to me. Even the main actors look "more korean".
sorry but that just sounds stupid to me, the type of characters in this drama are actually quite common in J-dramas too. And the cinematography & lighting styles etc are almost universal, the cinematography, lighting style etc in this drama are used quite frequently around the world, there is really NO cinematography style that is really "unique" to K-dramas, same camera & shooting styles are used universally.
As for the music, there are a lot of similar music in Jpop and used in J-dramas too... it is NOT strictly "Kpop-style".
And the characters look Korean? I don't see that at all, mind if I ask just what distinct features about their appearance that make them look Korean? Shun's curly hair? they look no different to every other Japanese actor in J-dramas as far as I can see.

and about the U-turn scene, that kind of scene has been used quite frequently in J-dramas too, and I see it sometimes in some American dramas too, so again, it's NOT strictly "Kdrama style".
Last edited by asuko1linda on Jul 13th, '12, 16:52, edited 3 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '12, 13:15

Most of the people who make this kind of judgement don't even watch kdramas, but they heard about cliches and they repeat same old mantra about kdrama. Or maybe watched 2, "Winter Sonata" included.

Is this really wrong for jdrama to be more on the romantic side and not only presenting the painful life of broken families and people? Come on, I watched both, and to just add - I watched half of the first episode of RMPW, cause of Shun, and I don't feel kdrama vibe. I do however feel some breeze, unlike suffocating few last seasons in jdrama when everyone had some cosmic problems. I can appreciate good jdramas and good kdramas (yes, they exist).

You don't like romcoms, don't watch it. The simplest solution is always the best.

asuko1linda

Post by asuko1linda » Jul 13th, '12, 13:31

nah I think most of those people who think this drama is "K-drama style" are those who have watched too many K-dramas and are blinded by their certain biasness for it. Most of the people I've come across who think RMPW is "K-drama style" are apparently hardcore K-drama fans or ppl who at least watch decent amount of K-dramas.

I think few J-drama lovers would make such a ignorant judgment on RMPW, because a lot of us J-drama enthusiasts know that RMPW is still J-drama style in many ways, and not K-drama style.
But that's not to say that there "haven't" been any J-drama lovers trying to draw "similarities" between RMPW and K-dramas. I have to admit, some of those people were apparently J-drama fans who are familiar with old K-drama cliches.

But the vast majority of the people I've seen who have tried to draw similarities are K-drama fans. I don't think these K-dramas fans even care about what's old cliche and what not in K-drama, as long as they see something that's similar to K-dramas, they just deem it as "K-drama style" :glare: and some who have been making this judgment don't even watch J-dramas or they have only seen a few J-dramas so they are not familiar with J-dramas, hence they draw likeness to K-dramas instead.

By the way, Japan has been making romance dramas of different kinds for a VERY long time, long before Korea started to.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 13th, '12, 19:23

Lol k-type, j-type. I don't give a f***.

Quite liked the first ep. I'm hungry for some silly romance and I like ARATA.
It's a bit overdrawn and I couldn't watch Shun's works at all lately but I guess I can tolerate him here. At least they didn't cast Eita for his role :P
Plus I'm curious about all the characters past relationships and how they'll change the initial setting.

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Jul 13th, '12, 19:44

arakira wrote:Lol k-type, j-type. I don't give a f***.
the master-line that should bring back this thread to its track.. don't stray people :P

xnopex

Post by xnopex » Jul 13th, '12, 20:17

asuko1linda wrote:nah I think most of those people who think this drama is "K-drama style" are those who have watched too many K-dramas and are blinded by their certain biasness for it. Most of the people I've come across who think RMPW is "K-drama style" are apparently hardcore K-drama fans or ppl who at least watch decent amount of K-dramas.

I think few J-drama lovers would make such a ignorant judgment on RMPW, because a lot of us J-drama enthusiasts know that RMPW is still J-drama style in many ways, and not K-drama style.
But that's not to say that there "haven't" been any J-drama lovers trying to draw "similarities" between RMPW and K-dramas. I have to admit, some of those people were apparently J-drama fans who are familiar with old K-drama cliches.

But the vast majority of the people I've seen who have tried to draw similarities are K-drama fans. I don't think these K-dramas fans even care about what's old cliche and what not in K-drama, as long as they see something that's similar to K-dramas, they just deem it as "K-drama style" :glare: and some who have been making this judgment don't even watch J-dramas or they have only seen a few J-dramas so they are not familiar with J-dramas, hence they draw likeness to K-dramas instead.

By the way, Japan has been making romance dramas of different kinds for a VERY long time, long before Korea started to.
lol. ok. please let's not go the japan vs korea route here because both countries put out great entertainment and it depends on one's preference.

i watch a good portion of both and have done so for about 10+ years. there are things in kdramas i like, there are things in jdramas i like, and there are a lot of things in taiwanese dramas i like. neither is better than the other (imho) as each are enjoyable no matter what cliches they employ.

i don't think anyone commenting has a bias. we're just...comparing...things...and commenting about them?

like, if korea decided to make a ton of deka dramas, i'm pretty sure many of us would be laughing if there were a locked room case.

when you watch a lot of asian dramas and when you see shadows of other types of asian dramas, it's hard to not point it out.

xnopex

Post by xnopex » Jul 13th, '12, 20:26

arakira wrote:Lol k-type, j-type. I don't give a f***.

Quite liked the first ep. I'm hungry for some silly romance and I like ARATA.
It's a bit overdrawn and I couldn't watch Shun's works at all lately but I guess I can tolerate him here. At least they didn't cast Eita for his role :P
Plus I'm curious about all the characters past relationships and how they'll change the initial setting.
lol. i couldn't imagine eita in a romcom. shun was a good choice. i kinda like that he's taking weirder roles (last thing i saw him in was arakawa under the bridge) and isn't playing the a tsundere type of guy like in hana kimi.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jul 13th, '12, 20:57

asuko1linda wrote:sorry but that just sounds stupid to me
Thanks, very polite.
asuko1linda wrote: , the type of characters in this drama are actually quite common in J-dramas too.
Yes, you will find them in Jdramas too, but they're the totally cliché K-drama characters....at least on a quick glance. I don't say, that my opinion can't change about that.

asuko1linda wrote:And the cinematography & lighting styles etc are almost universal, the cinematography, lighting style etc in this drama are used quite frequently around the world, there is really NO cinematography style that is really "unique" to K-dramas, same camera & shooting styles are used universally.
As for the music, there are a lot of similar music in Jpop and used in J-dramas too... it is NOT strictly "Kpop-style".
While many of these things may seem universial, they still can give different feels to the finsihed product. The problem is, that it is really hard to point out what it is exactly, I can't really put my finger on it. I still feel, that the visual style is different from most Jdramas. The camerawork is just more reminiscent of K-dramas for me.
asuko1linda wrote: And the characters look Korean? I don't see that at all, mind if I ask just what distinct features about their appearance that make them look Korean? Shun's curly hair? they look no different to every other Japanese actor in J-dramas as far as I can see.
Its their "look" in general. Especially her face looks like that of a typically Korean actress, their clothes, their facial expression...like before, it's hard to point my finger on it. It'S just the feeling of everything.

As an example: A friend (who has seen several K and J drama) has entered the room, while I watched the last few minutes. He then asked: "Oh, are you watching a new K-drama? But does it take place in Japan" "It's actually a J-drama" "Really?". He had the exact same feeling about it like I had.

ps790

Post by ps790 » Jul 13th, '12, 21:02

I like the cast of characters, but I can't see how the lead Toru will every work out as an appealing character. After all, that kind of 自信満々 personality is fine in a Sakamoto Ryoma or Steve Jobs when they are personable, but when the person is disfunctional in personal relationships, such people are universally hated for their run away ego. I hope this darma works out, but have a suspicion that the script writers may have blundered in the basic plot.

darji

Post by darji » Jul 13th, '12, 22:59

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
asuko1linda wrote:sorry but that just sounds stupid to me
Thanks, very polite.
asuko1linda wrote: , the type of characters in this drama are actually quite common in J-dramas too.
Yes, you will find them in Jdramas too, but they're the totally cliché K-drama characters....at least on a quick glance. I don't say, that my opinion can't change about that.

asuko1linda wrote:And the cinematography & lighting styles etc are almost universal, the cinematography, lighting style etc in this drama are used quite frequently around the world, there is really NO cinematography style that is really "unique" to K-dramas, same camera & shooting styles are used universally.
While many of these things may seem universial, they still can give different feels to the finsihed product. The problem is, that it is really hard to point out what it is exactly, I can't really put my finger on it. I still feel, that the visual style is different from most Jdramas. The camerawork is just more reminiscent of K-dramas for me.
asuko1linda wrote: And the characters look Korean? I don't see that at all, mind if I ask just what distinct features about their appearance that make them look Korean? Shun's curly hair? they look no different to every other Japanese actor in J-dramas as far as I can see.
Its their "look" in general. Especially her face looks like that of a typically Korean actress, their clothes, their facial expression...like before, it's hard to point my finger on it. It'S just the feeling of everything.

As an example: A friend (who has seen several K and J drama) has entered the room, while I watched the last few minutes. He then asked: "Oh, are you watching a new K-drama? But does it take place in Japan" "It's actually a J-drama" "Really?". He had the exact same feeling about it like I had.
To help with this argument. Just watch the trailer on this site here and people who actually watched a lot of jdramas and lkramas will say the same.

http://asianwiki.com/Rich_Man,_Poor_Woman

it cant get ore Korean than this^^

xnopex

Post by xnopex » Jul 13th, '12, 23:13

lol. the name of this drama alone describes about 90% of korean dramas.
i have no idea if they just named it that as a joke reference to korean dramas or what.

Carsuke

Post by Carsuke » Jul 13th, '12, 23:15

Great first episode, really can't wait for the next one.

itoshinotegoshi

Post by itoshinotegoshi » Jul 13th, '12, 23:43

I watched ep1 and I did enjoy watching the rich oguri shun again [reminds me of rui of hanadan], not bad at all, jdo is jdo,after all.... I do enjoy watching and so happy to watch any jdo....satisfied

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 13th, '12, 23:51

Are you guys still arguing about what style this drama is? seriously?
here is the simple solution;
If you are interested in storyline and don't care whatever style it is or resembles or you don't mind any style, just enjoy watching!
If you annoyed and not happy about its style and whatever reminds you of... Then don't waste your time and don't bother watching it.

3 pages of whether this drama is original Jdrama or has Kdrama style without actually discussing the drama itself is just silly. specially now that everyone have made their point.
whatever style this drama is or resembles, as long as you are enjoying it, it's fine. That's what really matters.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 14th, '12, 00:04

Oh issy my dear...There must be something in the air over there that makes you so clear headed. Does me good. 8)

itoshinotegoshi

Post by itoshinotegoshi » Jul 14th, '12, 00:04

Issy wrote:Are you guys still arguing about what style this drama is? seriously?
here is the simple solution;
If you are interested in storyline and don't care whatever style it is or resembles or you don't mind any style, just enjoy watching!
If you annoyed and not happy about its style and whatever reminds you of... Then don't waste your time and don't bother watching it.

3 pages of whether this drama is original Jdrama or has Kdrama style without actually discussing the drama itself is just silly. specially now that everyone have made their point.
whatever style this drama is or resembles, as long as you are enjoying it, it's fine. That's what really matters.
I AGREE with you ...as long as I`m interested,happy and enjoying the drama,no arguments, no comparison [and it`s not my cup of tea...]

xnopex

Post by xnopex » Jul 14th, '12, 00:08

this argument (discussion) will tide us over till next week's episode i guess! hahhaa

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 14th, '12, 01:44

itoshinotegoshi wrote:I did enjoy watching the rich oguri shun again [reminds me of rui of hanadan
Ooh, y'know wat, though I said this is different than other Cinderella stories, the moment
hyuga scold chihiro harshly and then asahina tried to comfort her

They immediately reminded me of hanadan characters :P
Hyuga=domyoji
Asahina=rui

Asahina's sister kinda reminds me of domyoji's fiancée, shigeru too. Lets just hope the writer isn't thinking of an amnesia plot at all :P

Btw I just found out the scriptwriter is Adachi Naoko, young rookie writer who won Fujitv Young Scenario Award and she also wrote "taisetsu na koto wa subete kimi ga oshiete kureta." Was that a good story?

itoshinotegoshi

Post by itoshinotegoshi » Jul 14th, '12, 02:02

yanie wrote:
itoshinotegoshi wrote:I did enjoy watching the rich oguri shun again [reminds me of rui of hanadan

Btw I just found out the scriptwriter is Adachi Naoko, young rookie writer who won Fujitv Young Scenario Award and she also wrote "taisetsu na koto wa subete kimi ga oshiete kureta." Was that a good story?
yeah I did watch it and I love the story of taisetsu, thanks for the info about this young rookie writer,she must be something, I`ll try to search.thanks
Last edited by itoshinotegoshi on Jul 14th, '12, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Jul 14th, '12, 02:08

Just watched the first episode. I have to say I hadn't realized how much I'd missed Oguri Shun in dramas! I think this role fits him perfectly. I'm not so sure about the character of Sawaki yet... she seems a bit helpless at the moment and I keep waiting to see more of that rebellious side of her personality. I can see where the comparison with K-dramas is coming from. The concept of rich man/poor woman is quite typical of K-dramas. But then again, K-dramas are sooo popular over here at the moment that I wouldn't be surprised if the writers had taken inspiration from them. But personally, I think this drama has a distinct Japanese vibe and I really enjoy the humor so I'm not particularly bothered by this. :-)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 14th, '12, 02:27

Themesong: hikari e (to the light) by miwa

Love it! If anyone know where to find the insert song, Napa by miwa (heard on the scene where chihiro watched hyuga's msg video on next innovation website), pls share :)

asuko1linda

Post by asuko1linda » Jul 14th, '12, 05:48

GaussAlgorithmus wrote: Yes, you will find them in Jdramas too, but they're the totally cliché K-drama characters....at least on a quick glance. I don't say, that my opinion can't change about that.

so basically you don't know what exactly that's "K-drama style" about this drama? You just get a "K-drama" vibe from it..

Obviously we both get a very different vibe from this drama, you think it looks K-drama style, and I, with my 5 years of watching K-dramas, can see very little resemblance to K-dramas, because with all the cliches you mentioned, I see them quite a lot in J-dramas too.

I won't press you for much longer, but let me ask you this, if you were to watch the casts in any other J-drama, would you still think they look Korean? Because I want to know if you think the actors look Korean in general, or just in RMPW specifically.
Because I honestly just don't see it, the way they dress, their hair, their facial expressions etc, all the things you claim to be similar to K-dramas, they look absolutely no different to any other Japanese actor in J-dramas to me, in other words, they still look very Japanese to me.

Sure, this whole similarity comparison shouldn't be important and is pointless, as long as we enjoy what we see.
It's just annoying for me whenever someone tries to draw similarities between K-dramas and RMPW., particularly when a lot of the similarities these people mentioned, exist alot in J-dramas too, and this whole rich guy poor girl storyline is written frequently in J-dramas too. Even though yes, it may account to about 90% of K-drama storylines, but that doesn't change the fact that they exist frequently in J-dramas too.
so I just find their claims of RMPW being "K-drama style" ridiculous to be perfectly honest.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jul 14th, '12, 07:36

asuko1linda wrote: so basically you don't know what exactly that's "K-drama style" about this drama? You just get a "K-drama" vibe from it..
Correct. And it seems, that I'm not the only one.
asuko1linda wrote: Obviously we both get a very different vibe from this drama, you think it looks K-drama style, and I, with my 5 years of watching K-dramas, can see very little resemblance to K-dramas, because with all the cliches you mentioned, I see them quite a lot in J-dramas too.
I, with my 6-8 years of experience in J-drama and K-dramas (much more J-dramas) can agree, that you see something like that in J-dramas. But the rate is MUCH lower.
asuko1linda wrote: I won't press you for much longer, but let me ask you this, if you were to watch the casts in any other J-drama, would you still think they look Korean? Because I want to know if you think the actors look Korean in general, or just in RMPW specifically.
The actors (and like they're styled) look very Korean to me. Especially the woman. Korea has a VERY specific ideal if beauty, therefore, Korean acotrs (and especially actresses) have a very specific look. In Japan, that's not the case. The actors and actresses (and the idols as well) look much more diverse.
asuko1linda wrote: Sure, this whole similarity comparison shouldn't be important and is pointless, as long as we enjoy what we see.
Right. I don't care if it looks Korean to me, as long as it is a decent dorama.
asuko1linda wrote: It's just annoying for me whenever someone tries to draw similarities between K-dramas and RMPW., particularly when a lot of the similarities these people mentioned, exist alot in J-dramas too, and this whole rich guy poor girl storyline is written frequently in J-dramas too. Even though yes, it may account to about 90% of K-drama storylines, but that doesn't change the fact that they exist frequently in J-dramas too.
Yes, they exist in J-dramas as well, but let me put it that way:
There are tall Asian people...but there are a lot more people/1000 people taller than1,85cm in Europe, than in Asia. If someone now says about semeeone tall from Japan "Wow, he is a European size" then this does not imply, that there is noone in Asia who is tall, it only expresses, that it's more common to see a tall person in Europe than in Asia. (measured in "per 1000").
If you see a parking lot with a lot of white cars you might say "looks like a Japanese parking lot". Again, the only meaning i, that it is more common in Japan to see a lot of white cars, it does not mean, that there are no white cars wherever you see the parking lot. It's just less uncommon in the one, and more common in the other region.

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Jul 14th, '12, 08:12

come on people..go open another thread. its annoying to someone who wants to know opinions on RMPW and being thrown into J-K-Drama discussion instead.

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Jul 15th, '12, 01:53

WOW. Only 1 episode shown and this thread is moving faster than I thought, unfortunately the discussions is not about the drama but as to whether its a kdrama or a jdrama :-( :cry:

I started this thread to know the thoughts of viewers of this drama. I haven't seen Oguri Shun since Hana Kimi days while it's my first drama with Satomi in it. I think this two can build some chemistry and I hope the script and their acting will take them to the right path. :wub:

I hope the readers/contributors/fans of this thread (drama) will stickto the topic and that is about THE DRAMA and refrain as much as possible from deviating on the purpose of this thread. I respect all of your views and hope you can share it to the appropriate thread/forum. :-)

One more day to go and can't wait to watch the 2nd episode. Hope it progresses well. :D

itoshinotegoshi

Post by itoshinotegoshi » Jul 15th, '12, 02:07

counsel05 wrote:WOW. Only 1 episode shown and this thread is moving faster than I thought, unfortunately the discussions is not about the drama but as to whether its a kdrama or a jdrama :-( :cry:

I started this thread to know the thoughts of viewers of this drama. I haven't seen Oguri Shun since Hana Kimi days while it's my first drama with Satomi in it. I think this two can build some chemistry and I hope the script and their acting will take them to the right path. :wub:

I hope the readers/contributors/fans of this thread (drama) will stickto the topic and that is about THE DRAMA and refrain as much as possible from deviating on the purpose of this thread. I respect all of your views and hope you can share it to the appropriate thread/forum. :-)

One more day to go and can't wait to watch the 2nd episode. Hope it progresses
well. :D
looking forward for ep2 too. I love Oguri and Satomi tandem

zephyrMZ

Post by zephyrMZ » Jul 15th, '12, 02:37

After all's been said...I'm looking forward for the next episode. I'm satisfied and I'm happy with this drama.

Loki

Post by Loki » Jul 15th, '12, 07:54

Yeah... I thought this series was pretty predictable until that cliff hanger! Can't wait until the second episode.

takugoro

Post by takugoro » Jul 15th, '12, 08:39

Wow...I have to register again because I forgot my old ID ...

I want to join in the fun. I love me some A~RA~TA !!!
Last edited by takugoro on Jul 16th, '12, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

xnopex

Post by xnopex » Jul 15th, '12, 14:50

Loki wrote:Yeah... I thought this series was pretty predictable until that cliff hanger! Can't wait until the second episode.
yeah this caught me by surprise but when i rewatch the episode, it really shouldn't have!
when i thought of this episode again, i realized i don't think anyone actually called her by that name. it was only until after she took on that name that people called her that. i think her classmates called her haruka (or it might have been her calling her classmate that. i missed that) in the beginning but that was it

it was a weird minor detail i missed the first time but when i watched it again, it was very obvious!
i hope they stick to that type of good writing throughout the series.

Loki

Post by Loki » Jul 15th, '12, 20:18

xnopex wrote:
Loki wrote:Yeah... I thought this series was pretty predictable until that cliff hanger! Can't wait until the second episode.
yeah this caught me by surprise but when i rewatch the episode, it really shouldn't have!
when i thought of this episode again, i realized i don't think anyone actually called her by that name. it was only until after she took on that name that people called her that. i think her classmates called her haruka (or it might have been her calling her classmate that. i missed that) in the beginning but that was it

it was a weird minor detail i missed the first time but when i watched it again, it was very obvious!
i hope they stick to that type of good writing throughout the series.
I thought I heard her classmates call her something different before!

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 16th, '12, 03:23

I'm already hooked with this drama because of THAT TWIST! I want more!

Also, In response to the above its something that I just caught after rewatching the drama.
Chihiro was called "Haruka" by her friend at the beginning. :lol
and Maybe,
She's Hyuga's childhood friend or someone he is friends with before he was left by his mom, classmates maybe? (definitely someone connected to his past) since she did recognize him from the magazine.

xnopex

Post by xnopex » Jul 16th, '12, 04:39

hahah i'm glad i noticed it too! it was a minor thing but as i watched it again, i realized how they were building up to it.
i'm willing to bet she knows that he has issues remembering faces and knows to use this to her advantage.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 16th, '12, 05:01

totally_0bsessed wrote:and Maybe,
She's Hyuga's childhood friend or someone he is friends with before he was left by his mom, classmates maybe? (definitely someone connected to his past) since she did recognize him from the magazine.
Ooh, nice guess, I like that. I did notice that magazine moment since the beginning but still din see the ending coming :-)

Can't wait to watch ep2 :cheers:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 16th, '12, 09:32

I thought that they were obvious in hinting
chihiro is someone from Hyuga's past . Was there a scene of that person search on the mobile when chehiro said her name or I'm just imagining? Was the name In search bar was subbed too? I hope they don't turn siblings but she is someone who knows about his mother whereabouts for sure. That's why she chose that name.

vina.loves.sushi

Post by vina.loves.sushi » Jul 16th, '12, 10:34

oh thank goodness, discussion about the drama... i was avoiding this thread because most of the comments i see are about jdorama/kdrama comparison...

i enjoyed the first episode, looking forward to the next one, i'm a big Oguri fan, and i haven't watched any of his dramas since Tokyo Dogs (i'm such a bad fan)..

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 16th, '12, 23:06

Issy wrote:I thought that they were obvious in hinting
chihiro is someone from Hyuga's past . Was there a scene of that person search on the mobile when chehiro said her name or I'm just imagining? Was the name In search bar was subbed too? I hope they don't turn siblings but she is someone who knows about his mother whereabouts for sure. That's why she chose that name.
I hope they don't turn out to be siblings though. :O

xnopex

Post by xnopex » Jul 16th, '12, 23:29

totally_0bsessed wrote:
Issy wrote:I thought that they were obvious in hinting
I hope they don't turn out to be siblings though. :O
lol. i don't see that happening. too makjang for this drama

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Jul 17th, '12, 17:52

So just finished ep 2, without subs, so my understanding is like basic ... XD

and in the preview to the next ep
seems like we'll get a flashback because we see, briefly, a younger adult Hyuga and Chihiro. Excited to find out what they're relationship is
Also, about ep 2, the last scene
when they're in the elevator, her smile is like "oh I got what I wanted". Did anyone else get that kinda vibe???? XD

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 17th, '12, 17:55

Kyaaaa.... loving Ep2!! :wub:
Growing to love Hyuga's character very much. He's like the mature version of Hanadan's Domyoji indeed, but he has other different qualities too^^

My favorite shots :wub:
ImageImage

ImageImage

My favorite scene :cheers:
Hyuga: Does this look like I'm angry???!!!!
Chihiro: Yes...
Hyuga: I'm just saying that I was the one who made you lie!!!!
Chihiro: Don't tell me... you're apologizing to me?
Hyuga: *taken aback* Well... actually... you were the one who chose to come to the meeting, so I guess it was your own fault, after all...
Chihiro: E...?

Hillarious conversation :lol

I also love the scene where Hyuga talked to the monk about how Sawaki Chihiro makes him feel uneasy and all. Also love Hyuga-Chihiro's last conversation in this ep.

Hyuga: Seem like you have your cutaneous sensation back. (referring that Chihiro wearing more casual clothes that shows her arms' skin, and not wearing the tight suit anymore)
Chihiro: Its summer afterall.
Hyuga: I like it.
:wub:
Ahhh, why do I have to wait for a week to see more! XD

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Jul 18th, '12, 10:29

yanie wrote:Kyaaaa.... loving Ep2!! :wub:
Growing to love Hyuga's character very much. He's like the mature version of Hanadan's Domyoji indeed, but he has other different qualities too^^

My favorite shots :wub:
ImageImage

ImageImage

My favorite scene :cheers:
Hyuga: Does this look like I'm angry???!!!!
Chihiro: Yes...
Hyuga: I'm just saying that I was the one who made you lie!!!!
Chihiro: Don't tell me... you're apologizing to me?
Hyuga: *taken aback* Well... actually... you were the one who chose to come to the meeting, so I guess it was your own fault, after all...
Chihiro: E...?

Hillarious conversation :lol

I also love the scene where Hyuga talked to the monk about how Sawaki Chihiro makes him feel uneasy and all. Also love Hyuga-Chihiro's last conversation in this ep.

Hyuga: Seem like you have your cutaneous sensation back. (referring that Chihiro wearing more casual clothes that shows her arms' skin, and not wearing the tight suit anymore)
Chihiro: Its summer afterall.
Hyuga: I like it.
:wub:
Ahhh, why do I have to wait for a week to see more! XD
OMG!!! thanks for this mini spoiler. I have watched it raw and i'm glad you
were able to translate the cheesy ones :-)) this drama is getting me hooked.
I love how are leads relationship is moving fast. :wub:

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Jul 18th, '12, 10:35

I love your spoilers yanie! :) I've already seen ep2 but its hard for me to understand it without subs. Good thing you've translated some few scenes. :D I just suddenly missed you subbing. :wub:

By the way, I just saw the 1 minute preview for ep3 at their website here: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/richman-poorwom ... index.html
Gosh! I'm so excited! ♥

takugoro

Post by takugoro » Jul 18th, '12, 11:35

Thanks yanie. I watched it a little yesterday. Nothing spoilerish but just in case.
I like that 2nd cap. I dont know if it's because I'm more of a Arata fan but his scenes with Satomi-chan makes me doki-doki.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 18th, '12, 16:15

Absolutely loved ep2! It's was such a feel good ep. is it me only or anyone else gets Hanadan vibes whenever Hyuga and Chihiro are together? The scene with money for shoes, totally reminded me of Domyoji and Makino. I am not complaining about it of course. I just love those similar vibes.
takugoro wrote:Thanks yanie. I watched it a little yesterday. Nothing spoilerish but just in case.
I like that 2nd cap. I dont know if it's because I'm more of a Arata fan but his scenes with Satomi-chan makes me doki-doki.
same here. not sure for what reason that I also love whenever Arata's character is with chihiro. (didn't think it is a spoiler so I am not using spoiler tag). I really hope he does not turn evil in later eps.
I really can't wait for next ep.

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Jul 18th, '12, 17:42

Do we have any kind of back story on why Hyuga Toru is the way he is? At times he seems absolutely down to earth while others (mainly when he's yelling at Sawaki Chihiro) he kind of turns into a raving lunatic.

Looking at bits of episode 2 (or it might have been the end of episode 1) when Sawaki Chihiro left a pair of shoes in Hyuga Toru's car and one of his associates(?) offers her a ride it looked as if Hyuga Toru might have already started to act a little jealous [I'm probably reaching with that assessment]. Did anyone else get that feeling?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 18th, '12, 19:48

takugoro wrote:Thanks yanie. I watched it a little yesterday. Nothing spoilerish but just in case.
Actually Asahina-Chihiro gives Rui-Makino vibe too :P and yup, I don't hate it too, its a totally different story and characters, but they just remind me of Domyoji and co :P

Concerning Asahina though, after the end of ep2
Im worried he'll turn evil too :( but I hope Im wrong
semi-fly wrote:Do we have any kind of back story on why Hyuga Toru is the way he is? At times he seems absolutely down to earth while others (mainly when he's yelling at Sawaki Chihiro) he kind of turns into a raving lunatic.
In Ep2
He told the monk that Chihiro somehow always makes him flustered and uncalm. The monk said maybe becoz her character actually resembles his mother too. Hyuga just laughed at that and said, "Then my mother must be a very irritating and noisy woman,"

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jul 19th, '12, 00:00

I just finished episode one and two, and up to now, I'm not that impressed. It's "ok", nothing more, nothing less. But it wouldn't be the first time, that it took some episodes for a dorama to gain momentum. and i't not like it's a bad dorama or boring, or unentertaining, so I'll keep on watching. It's just not that great up to this point.

And, even if you'll hate me for the following:
The more I see of the drama, the more I stay with my point of view: This J-drama is very much like the "typical" K-drama. That's neither meant in a good, nor in a bad way, just a neutral observation.

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Jul 19th, '12, 02:20

Yapariiiii!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
I am so happy with how things are progressing in this drama.
Hyuga is indeed restless and can't think straight when Chihiro is around but then again
he seems to be still at HIS BEST and more driven with the support he is getting from her.
Chihiro humanizes Hyuga and that I hope will at least give good effects with his relationship with his employees and perhaps the board later on. he..he. :lol

I am looking forward with this "love quadrangle", after all in the next episode Hyuga is having moments with the 2 girls Yoko and Chihiro. And i smell jealousy in the preview as well. hmmm :P :wub:

Like what others are saying I think Arata can bring the conflict in this drama. I remembered how it happens with Takuya and Shota in Tsuki no Koibito. I don't think he will become a villain but more of toning down and humanizing Hyuga in the end.

By the way is Kosuke and Hyuga classmates before? Or we still need to know about their past in the coming episodes. Coz clearly Arata looks older than Oguri Shun.
And does he also forgets Arata and the accountant too? it seems he don't since he converse with them right away. hmmmm:unsure:

How I wish there are 2 episodes in a week! :P :D :lol
Last edited by counsel05 on Jul 19th, '12, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Jul 19th, '12, 02:37

I almost can't believe this. I watch US new serie 'Perception'. in second episode, they put a character who has the same problem like Hyuga, Prosopagnosia. seem like everybody on to the same brain problem now :mrgreen:

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Jul 19th, '12, 06:10

iLLusiOnEr wrote:I almost can't believe this. I watch US new serie 'Perception'. in second episode, they put a character who has the same problem like Hyuga, Prosopagnosia. seem like everybody on to the same brain problem now :mrgreen:
If Hyuga is like that character then Chihiro is like Mike Ross in Suits with an eidetic memory, coz she practically memorizes everything that is asked of her. I can't imagine to process the thick files Hyuga gave her as an "assignment". :goggle: :blink