Reply 1997 (tvN, 2012)

Post by Viande » Sep 1st, '12, 07:09

Title: 응답하라 1997 / Eungdabhara 1997
Also known as: Answer Me 1997 / Answer to 1997 / Reply 1997
Genre: Youth, sitcom
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: tvN
Broadcast period: 2012-Jul-24 to 2012-Sep-11
Air time: Tuesday 23:00 (2 episodes back to back)
DramaWiki
Official site

Synopsis:

This drama will focus on the extreme fan culture that emerged in the 1990s when idol groups took center stage and K-pop was blossoming.
It tells the story of 6 former high school friends from a school in Busan who meet again in 2012 and brings back memories to 1997 when they were still high school students. Moving back and forth between the ’90s and today, the story centers on the life of Sung Si Won (Jung Eun Ji), who idolizes boyband H.O.T., and her 5 high school friends. KimchiDrama

Main cast:

Jung Eun Ji (정은지) as Sung Si Won
Seo In g**k (서인국) as Yoon Yoon Jae
Shin So Yool as Mo Yoo Jung
Hoya (호야) as Kang Joon Hee
Eun Ji Won (은지원) as Do Hak Chan
Lee Shi Un as Bang Sung Jae

Soft-subs:
DarkSmurfSubs (requires registration)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '12, 07:22

FINALLY!!!
Twitter is not enough to spazz about this awesome drama.
I sense Sham will be here soon. :wub: :mrgreen:

P.S. Subs by viki here.

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 1st, '12, 07:31

Indeed! This one really deserves its own thread. ^^

I read it somewhere that Reply 1997 is breaking cable tv episode rating records lately. I don't know what the record is but 3,46 average rating (episodes 11-12) sounds really high for a cable drama. I'm happy it has got so much attention.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '12, 07:34

Sham wrote once it's above 4% already, so yeah. If it was counted as regular TV, it would smash all rivals.
And not that long ago the popularity of tag on twitter went 1300% (yep four digits).

This drama is close, close to being perfect. Oh, I'm horribly biased!

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Sep 1st, '12, 07:42

Hahaha, Twitter wasn't enough and dreams either...good I don't want to talk to my schoolmates about it they will take me for a crazy like my sister did yesterday !
Well the drama is so freaking good and not like we are biased , we are not, we are wise fangirls *cough*
Yes for ep 12 it was 4,43% which is amazing, the average for both ep was 3,46%. The drama is so nostalgic hence everykorean should watch it !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '12, 07:45

We have our crazy circles here and there, so we can spazz among ourselves without being labelled as "crazy". Or maybe not.

I want to thank our lovely Sham for providing me subs and recaps of episodes while I was away! She's an angel. Fallen, but an angel nonetheless, muahaha!!

This drama is nostalgic even for non-Koreans, eh...

P.S. Sham, chect twitter, plis^^

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 1st, '12, 08:00

Hehee, you got here fast, Sham. :mrgreen: You can talk us about this drama as much as you want.

Yeah, nostalgy is probably one of the reason why it's so popular in Korea. For me it's more about the story and the way it's told, I absolutely love it. And the characters... The PD did right choice picking Hoya as Joon Hee. His character is probably the most loved character in the drama. ^^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Sep 1st, '12, 08:04

Oh oh you making me blush even if I diid literally nothing , however I agree about the fallen part, hahahaha :lol
Lucky to have you ladies !
Jonhee breaks my heart in every episode, I'll curse the writer if I don't have a happy ending for him ! :cussing:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '12, 08:08

I'm a bit sceptical about the love Junhee is getting. Is it because he's gay or because he's a genuinely good guy? As for me, I'd most likely love his character even if he was straight, because I really like such characters, no pretenses, just usual, great guy who doesn't act like owning half of the world and doing nothing, being unable to do anything.

Junhee is really well constructed character, and Hoya is acting him wonderfully. Big, big applause to this young man. :whistling:
As Sham, I demand a happy ending for him as well! Cause he really deserves that.

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 1st, '12, 08:10

I'm pretty sure the PD will come up with happy ending for Joon Hee as well. He said Joon Hee became his favourite character so it would be strange if he didn't come up with something nice.

But now I'm off to watch the episodes 11-12. :wub:

Edit: Ethlenn, I'm with you about Joon Hee's popularity. It sure must have the gay addition to it because yaoi girls will cheer any gay characters. But in the other hand Joon Hee's charater is much more; he's normal sweet guy who just happened to love his friend, that's what makes him special. So in my opionion he deserves to have that popularity. Like you said, he would probably be loved being gay or not.

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 1st, '12, 10:58

Ep 11-12:
Damn Yoon Jae's confession was touching. :cry: This drama is killing me. I know Si Won will choose Yoon Jae but this drama still knows how to keep viewers in suspense! Even though they seem more like sibligs to me, I will be more pleased if Si Won ends up with Yoon Jae. Yoon Jae's brother just doesn't feel like right choice, not because he's older but because of Yoon Jae being in love with her first. Although, I also want to see Yoon Jae's brother to be happy, he already lost his first girlfriend and he's too good guy to be forever alone. Not to speak of Joon Hee... Such a big puzzle to make everyone happy.

The bus scene where Si Won's father was seeing her off brought back the memoires when I moved out from home. :cry:

and I died when Yoon Jae whispered to Joon Hee's ear.. No whispering in the ear please, my heart can't handle it. :faint:
[Single] Eun Ji (A Pink) & Seo In Guk – Reply 1997 Love Story OST Part.1

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '12, 16:03

I'd love to have that song Yunjae sang during Shiwon's birthday farewell party, awwz^^
I am alone with my Taewoong - Shiwon couple support, I see. Yunjae's confession was really touching and I can see he loves her genuinely and deeply, but somehow they don't strike me like a marriage couple. Like Sung Jae once said, that "Yunjae is just tasteless water to Shiwon".
Yet that ring in eps 11-12 doesn't make me convinced it's Taewoong either.
I should stop guessing and just wait patiently for last 4 episodes, crying buckets for Junhee after that cruel whispering.

We had this talk with Sham, but I want to say it here - Hakchan is awesome. And I especially like all those "Jiwon" and "Sechs Kies" blatant jokes that are directed right into his face. Pure gem from writers and PD.

Waiting will kill me, us... :alcoholic:

You should definitely join our spazzing on Twitter, Viande, it's so much fun^^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Sep 1st, '12, 17:56

I'd love to have the whole OST and let Hoya sing for it !
I hate that they keep trolling us, I hate that they take us for idiots but I love that feeling, this drama turned me into a masochist
after this last eps, Yonjae won't behave like this with Shi Won if she wasn't her wife, the bra , the messaga, his smile, the drink, the ring (he knows that she takes it off so many times and was about to lost it, plus Shi won wore that ring after their seperation and still has it. Would you behave like this with your sister in law publicly ? Would you wear a ring that your borther-in-law gave you when he confessed ? I don't think so !
Hakchan criticising his own acting was priceless ! His story is cute too, I really enjoy that couple.
Now gimme next episode, I want to watch it but thinking it will end soon is so sad T_T

I created a twitter account to annoy Ethlenn, Viande let join our forces :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '12, 18:17

Sham26 wrote:
I created a twitter account to annoy Ethlenn, Viande let join our forces :mrgreen:
Now I know the true story behind it...
Well, I don't know,
Shiwon and Yunjae were pretty close even before, she was ready to strip him naked to get his undies, so... That's fine, I can lose my bet, but I still don't see Yunjae as her husband.

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 1st, '12, 20:05

Yeah, I guess I could join the spazzing there too. ^^

Oh yes, Hakchan is a brilliant character. And Jiwon really looks/acts like a shy highschool student. :lol I also liked the other jokes about what is going to happen in future.

About Yoonjae & Siwon:
There was this narration about how timing is important in love, hence I assume they will get closer in next episodes. Until now, Yoonjae was defienly more like a brother to Siwon. But I didn't really see many sparks with Taewoong either. I think Siwon took Taewoong as big brother who pampers her with presents and such. Unless she grows up, I can't imagine her with anyone to be honest.

Some people guess that she will end up with Joonhee but I don't really see how that's going to happen when they have never been nothing but friends.

For a moment I thought she was going to end up with Tony but that would have been too absurd. :mrgreen:
I want that karaoke song too! I hope they will release more osts with Hoya and Seo In g**k singing.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '12, 20:22

Viande wrote:
I want that karaoke song too! I hope they will release more osts with Hoya and Seo In g**k singing.
Talking about that, I want also Junhee's song he sang before his 6th nuna caught him. :wub:

I just gave up guessing. Cray fangirls can pair Shiwon and Junhee, cause they're crazy anyway.

I liked fanfics moments and Shiwon's saying she read her old works and she found them terrible, and then Hakchan summed all up by sheer disgust and disapproval. Wahaha! Such subtle "in your face" to fangirls.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Sep 1st, '12, 21:44

Ethlenn wrote:
Kidding , you were the reason I created it , love you !

Well the funniest pair I read somewhere is Junhee and Yonjae and Shi won was the surrogate mother :nuts:
Hakchan gets some sarcastic lines, love that, that part about that fanfics was amazing but doubt that fangilrls got that ! And he looks the yongest haha
They keep trolling us that I really thought,the same as you Viande, that pairing Shiwon with Tony was completely possible especially when they showed him at ep12 !
I want the whole OST and the song Hoya sang at the karaoke when he was alone ! :alcoholic: :alcoholic:
Last edited by Sham26 on Sep 1st, '12, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '12, 21:57

Sham26 wrote: Hakchan gets some sarcastic lines, love that, that part about that fanfics was amazing but doubt that fangilrls got that !
Same here, but well, anyone can hope :alcoholic:
I wanted to say that Hakchan is one of my favs here, but after 0.0005 sec of thinking I decided I can't decide. Love them all. :mrgreen:
In first episodes when they took a pic of him and after that comparing online what celebrity he resembles and Eun Jiwon was as the match... Hakchan's reaction was priceless.

But Shiwon and Tony would be fun, kkk... *should I bother and check?*

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 2nd, '12, 06:24

Sham26 wrote:Hakchan gets some sarcastic lines, love that, that part about that fanfics was amazing but doubt that fangilrls got that !
Ethlenn wrote:I liked fanfics moments and Shiwon's saying she read her old works and she found them terrible, and then Hakchan summed all up by sheer disgust and disapproval. Wahaha! Such subtle "in your face" to fangirls.
Haha, exactly! I wish those fanfic fangirls will read their fanfics when they're older. I'm sure they won't find them masterpieces anymore. :mrgreen: Now they don't care...

Found this great MV about Shiwon, Yoonjae and Joonhee.
ShiWon/YoonJae/JoonHee "Truth" --Reply 1997

Oh, I forgot to say that they really know how to kill female viewers. Wet & shirtless Yoonjae... :faint: Why boys in my teen years didn't go around like that?! And they looked more like kids. :|

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 2nd, '12, 09:08

Since everyone knows I'm bad, for Viande especially:

PS. in Section TV from today there is a short segment on Answer1997^^
:mrgreen:

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 2nd, '12, 16:32

Ethlenn... you... :faint:

Are there more making of videos than these?
120705 Making of Reply 1997 INFINITE HOYA
120711 Reply 1997:7/24 初放送( INFINITE HOYA)
120808 tvN E News - Reply 1997 Filming
Reply 1997/Answer Me 1997 Behind The Scenes 1/7

I need more Reply 1997 but I can't navigate on the Korean sites...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 2nd, '12, 17:18

Some of them were in ep 0. Thaaaanks for them, oh, hay boys^^

Damn, I need at least 2 additional making of discs on DVD. For yesterday!! :mrgreen:

They surely have fun on the set... :alcoholic:

Are we really the only ones who watch this? No, this drama is popular, why no one writes here except for three already lost souls??

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 2nd, '12, 22:13

Oh, I'm stupid. I downloaded the ep 0 but forgot to watch it... Thanks for reminding!

I think they're avoiding us. Who knows if our craziness is something contanious.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 3rd, '12, 07:39

I think it is, but I also find our craziness the shield against fangirls' curses that are plaguing other ladies.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 5th, '12, 18:02

Ladieeeeeeees!! Sent you a gift through twitter!!

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 6th, '12, 14:04

Ethlenn wrote:Ladieeeeeeees!! Sent you a gift through twitter!!
:heart: :wub:

Ethlenn dear, I need your help understanding the ending of ep 13-14:
Shiwon's father was calling to son-in-law but the camera showed both brothers. What did he say and why did they both react like they were having same call?
There are two more episodes left, right? I will miss this drama.

Caramelito

Post by Caramelito » Sep 9th, '12, 18:58

Thank to you guys for having this post about Reply 1997 i´m enjoying a lot. I think it is a great drama, and some scenes made me laugh so hard.
I´d love to see Siwon and YunJae together :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 9th, '12, 19:07

Damn, I think I'm losing my bet with Sham. But well, life is not exciting without little risk, so...

Two more Tuesdays, two more Tuesdays...

@Caramelito: hay there!! Some scenes are just too hilarious. I have to pause to just laugh.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Sep 10th, '12, 19:59

Ethlenn wrote:Damn, I think I'm losing my bet with Sham. But well, life is not exciting without little risk, so...
Bet ? What bet ? :scratch:
I feel so sad to the thought it will end soon and will get only one episode this week :cry:

@Caramelito: Yaay, welcome to the club ^^

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Sep 12th, '12, 13:55

alright so 14 episodes down and 2 to go in this near perfect awesomeness and I just discovered this thread, but then I don't spend nearly as much time on D-Addicts as I did a few months ago so it's not that surprising. now for my thoughts on Shi Won's husband.
possible spoilers for late comers so spoiler tag

first and foremost Yoon Jae and Tae Woong are both there and happy in 2012, remember Yoon Jae avoided Shi Won for six years when she was to immature to understand her own feelings let alone anyone else's, I think it's safe to say that if she broke his heart he'd spend the rest of his life avoiding both her and Tae Woong, also Joon Hee is there and I think if Shi Won broke Yoon Jae's heart she'd loose Joon Hee's friendship, and lastly possibly most importantly from the writers perspective after Shi Won sees Tae Woong as nothing but a big brother/daddy long legs for 14 episodes having her suddenly develop romantic feelings for Tae Woong in the last 2 episodes would ruin the realistic vibe she/he's had going on all along so far, and I don't think Tae Woong has real romantic feelings for Shi Won which I believe he knows deep down inside.

is it possible to get to 2012 with everyone happy if Shi Won marries Tae Woong instead of Yoon Jae? possibly but it requires no one but Shi Won and Tae Woong appearing on screen for even a nano-second for the entirety of the last 2 hours.

also I think the doctor is Tae Woong's wife otherwise the whole sequence is completely pointless, and even the sequence with Sung Jae and the old woman served to show what a sweetheart he actually is and other than the doctor that whole sequence offered nothing new we didn't already know or hadn't seen before.

so what do the rest of you think?

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Sep 12th, '12, 15:02

Sajen16 wrote:alright so 14 episodes down and 2 to go in this near perfect awesomeness and I just discovered this thread, but then I don't spend nearly as much time on D-Addicts as I did a few months ago so it's not that surprising. now for my thoughts on Shi Won's husband.
possible spoilers for late comers so spoiler tag

first and foremost Yoon Jae and Tae Woong are both there and happy in 2012, remember Yoon Jae avoided Shi Won for six years when she was to immature to understand her own feelings let alone anyone else's, I think it's safe to say that if she broke his heart he'd spend the rest of his life avoiding both her and Tae Woong, also Joon Hee is there and I think if Shi Won broke Yoon Jae's heart she'd loose Joon Hee's friendship, and lastly possibly most importantly from the writers perspective after Shi Won sees Tae Woong as nothing but a big brother/daddy long legs for 14 episodes having her suddenly develop romantic feelings for Tae Woong in the last 2 episodes would ruin the realistic vibe she/he's had going on all along so far, and I don't think Tae Woong has real romantic feelings for Shi Won which I believe he knows deep down inside.

is it possible to get to 2012 with everyone happy if Shi Won marries Tae Woong instead of Yoon Jae? possibly but it requires no one but Shi Won and Tae Woong appearing on screen for even a nano-second for the entirety of the last 2 hours.

also I think the doctor is Tae Woong's wife otherwise the whole sequence is completely pointless, and even the sequence with Sung Jae and the old woman served to show what a sweetheart he actually is and other than the doctor that whole sequence offered nothing new we didn't already know or hadn't seen before.

so what do the rest of you think?
I agree with you.
from everything we have seen so far it just doesn't make sense to me for Shi Won to end up with anyone other than Yoon Jae. Shi Won is nothing if not honest to herself and everyone else(even if it takes her a little long to realize it). When Tae Woong gave her the ring and she told him her heart was beating for someone else and she continued to love him for 6 years after I don't see how she would suddenly do a 180 and end up with Tae Woong. I feel that the relationship between Yoon Jae and Shi Won was focused on more and it's more complex emotions than that of her and Tae Woong. They would have to fill the last two episodes with nothing but her and Tae Woong getting romantic and I just don't get that vibe from them at all. Also what you said about how they were all happy. I would think if Shi Won ended up with Tae Woong Yoon Jae would feel some hurt and bitterness and yet he looks completely happy. I also think Tae Woong will probably get over Shi Won with that doctor lady. Otherwise why introduce her as a possible love interest in the last few episodes(unless they are just trying to fool us, in which case I may be a little pod).

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Sep 12th, '12, 18:30

something I forgot earlier

so many people seem to think the apparent title of the last episode I think it's "all first loves end" or something like that is a death bell to Yoon Jae and Shi Won's relationship, but that doesn't make sense. I personally think it's more a vague way of referencing the maturation of the characters as opposed to something concrete. If there is anything concrete I think it's most likely Tae Woong finally getting over Shi Won's sister and therefore Shi Won.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 12th, '12, 18:50

I decided to just give up guessing and let go with the flow, enjoying every minute of it. I'll accept every ending, because I trust writers and PD of this awesome, 99.9% perfect drama.
I wanted Shiwon to end up with Taewoong, yes. She met with Yunjae around 6 years after their graduation, and it still placed them in the middle of the story, there are roughly 6-7 more years to 2012, and a lot may happen during those 6 years.

The hope dies last, they say... :whistling:

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 12th, '12, 19:09

I'm with you two about the plot.

This is not really a spoiler so not putting this under spoiler tags:
What it comes to some people thinking that the theme for this series is "all first loves end" it's all wrong considering the PD said in some interview that the main theme was "different kinds of love" or something like that. Considering his comment it wouldn't make sense to make everything end in same way. Although it sounds too obvious that Yoonjae would be the husband... This series has trolled us so many times.

I like to guess what is going to happen. :mrgreen:

For those who have seen ep 16 preview:
So we get a bed scene in next episode. Or an after scene. And the father is no surprise...
Only wondering what will happen to Joonhee? :cry:

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Sep 12th, '12, 21:23

This is probably the first drama that care so much about who will end up with who but my heart keeps flip flopping. First I wanted Yoon Jae then Tae Woong to end up with Shi Won and then Yoon Jae again and well ....you get the picture. I just want to know for sure so I can stop the dizziness. I just think Yoon Jae and Shi Won have more of a love thing than her and Tae Woong although they are for sure cute together. Seeing preview for ep 16 has me even more convinced. Still writers keep fooling me.
when Tae Woong sent Shi Won the book and said you know how this ends right? I thought maybe that was a hint they might end up together(they did in the book didn't they?of course that could mean nothing but Tae Woongs wishful thinking) then I saw Shi Won's confession and then that kiss and they sure have chemistry .

true six years left but only 2 episodes left of the show. It would have to have a lot of air time between Tae Woong and Shi Won(could still be done) whereas the romance for Shi Won and Yoon Jae seems to have been building for a long time. I see romance for Shi Won and Yoon Jae and closure maybe new romance for Tae Woong in the end. I don't really care if it goes the other way. At least I know it's a happy conclusion either way. I trust the writers, however I have no patience anymore. I need to know now! :crazy: At the same time I don't want it to end :cry:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Sep 12th, '12, 22:00

I wish I could be happy either way but alas I cannot as I want everyone to be happy and I don't see that happening with Tae Woong no matter how many years have passed, in fact even if she married Tae Woong I still think the baby is Yoon Jae's as in she has to cheat to be with who she loves and who loves her. I feel so sorry for Joon Hee and Sung Jae they're probably the two best people of the group but I see no sign that Joon Hee has a boyfriend or Sung Jae has a girlfriend/wife.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Sep 13th, '12, 02:07

so just saw episode 15 and
wow this episode was an emotional roller coaster for me, I mean first I thought Yoon Jae was going to give up without a fight, again, then I thought Tae Woong was going to do something to make me actually dislike him instead of just not wanting him to be with Shi Won, but in general I think the preview, teaser at the hospital at the end, and the episode itself for the most part confirm what I want that Yoon Jae is her husband and child's father. Tae Woong having Toon Jae and Shi Won meet to me means he's giving up, then in the hospital Tae Woong looks like someone who went to find somebody in a hurry and drove them while Yoon Jae looks like he left work in a hurry, the preview also seems to confirm my theory though my one worry is to me the atmosphere of the kiss ;looks like she just told him she likes somebody else and he's trying one last kiss to change her mind, so let this long week hurry up and pass. I had to relisten 30 times but I'm almost positive the person saying "people say you never forget your first love" a the very end of the trailer is Tae Woong I'm not sure if that's a good sign or bad.
ugh another tease at the end it's a brilliant strategy to keep you guessing and watching but now it's like enough already just tell us who the father is already.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 13th, '12, 05:50

Since I Have watched 15 eps in 3 days, may I add my thoughts too?
For me, it has to be YJ! Otherwise it's unfair. It's unfair to us viewers because we have watched him suffer in vain for his love for 15eps. TW is a great guy, brother and friend. All his life he put his brother's best interest before himself and he has made so many sacrifices. But when it comes to his love for SW, it's not as strongly portrayed as YJ's in whole 15eps. I will feel kind of being mislead and cheated if she ends up with TW by the end. It's too late to convince me that SW has changed her mind and fallen deeply in love with TW in just one last ep. Yes, lots of things can happen in 6 years but all that can't be squeezed in one ep to make me have same feelings about their love as I do now with YJ &SW. So yeah! It has to be YJ!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 13th, '12, 06:36

It's not like I don't want Shiwon with Yunjae, I'm not blind or stupid, I can see how much Yunjae loves her.
It's only I'm totaly fine with every possibility, for the first time in my life while watching drama. I'm leaning towards Yunjae, that's a fact though.
Or maybe the hubby is someone else?

Anyway, if I don't see Junhee happy, now this will piss me off.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 13th, '12, 06:57

Ethlenn wrote:It's not like I don't want Shiwon with Yunjae, I'm not blind or stupid, I can see how much Yunjae loves her.
It's only I'm totaly fine with every possibility, for the first time in my life while watching drama. I'm leaning towards Yunjae, that's a fact though.
Or maybe the hubby is someone else?

Anyway, if I don't see Junhee happy, now this will piss me off.
Unless you change YJ's preference or just clone him, I can't possibly see JH happy by the end. :whistling:
Ps. No one said you are blind or stupid dear. I'm just talking about how I feel and think about this drama .

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 13th, '12, 07:18

I'm not talking about Junhee ending up with Yunjae, dear, I'm not yaoi-kyaaidiot. I'm talking about him being happy with someone who loves him as well. Because out of all characters he's the most selfless and genuinely good person. He deserves to be treated as treasure, the same way he treats other people. That's all, that's this remaining 0.01% for this drama to be fully 100% perfect drama. But since perfection doesn't exist...

Oh, and btw. "Received a DMCA notice so subtitles have been removed." message on drama subtitles. People in US are surely happy that DF only is available in their region, right? Who cares about the rest of the real world?

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 13th, '12, 07:44

That's what I was implying myself. In 15 eps all they focused on regarding JH was his love for YJ. How they can finally make his character feeling happy and content by the end with no YJ? His story here is about living with one's pain as he really can't do anything about it.Until he finds the next person that makes happy, all he can do is just to hang on there.

I'm sure my sleepy head is not making me get my point through the right way. Aigo...

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Sep 13th, '12, 13:31

now that I'm 99 1/2% certain I'm getting the ending regarding the main love relationship that I want my wish list for the last episode is well a proposal a wedding and an ending for the other characters as well, I mean they ignored everyone else in episode 15

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 15th, '12, 15:16

From SNL Korea through answer1997 twitter:
"The identity of Seong Shiwon's husband acquired" :rofl: :rofl:

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 16th, '12, 07:43

That picture! :mrgreen: :rofl:

It's a shame this drama will end this tuesday. But better this way than adding extra episodes just for the audience. I will for sure check this director's next work.

Reply 1997 cast will host next episode of SNL Korea!
Upcoming episode of ‘SNL Korea’ to be themed after ‘Reply 1997′ and hosted by the drama’s cast

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 16th, '12, 07:56

Episode 2 in which they had some Answer1997 scenes is uploaded here already, not sure if they mean they will be another one next week? Cause in this one we had this "confirmation kiss"...

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 16th, '12, 08:09

Oh. I have no idea how old news that was. It didn't have any date when the episode was supposed to air. But knowing it's Allkpop... it might already aired. Thanks for informing, didn't know it was here already. ^^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Sep 20th, '12, 11:24

Ethlenn wrote:From SNL Korea through answer1997 twitter:
"The identity of Seong Shiwon's husband acquired" :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:
I haven't watched the final episode yet ! :cry:
Ep 15 wasn't bad , I was able to figure out what wil happen there, they couldn't troll me that time but wasn't expecting the message, it made me cry, I felt sorry for both brothers :'(

There's no extention ? :mrgreen:

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 20th, '12, 12:09

Sham26 wrote:There's no extention ? :mrgreen:
Nope. And the PD has no intention to make second season. I'm fine with it. Better stop when it's perfect. ^^

I've seen the last episode but still waiting for subs to understand the dialogues.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Sep 21st, '12, 12:56

I just saw episode 16 I must say an almost perfect ending to an almost perfect show. I'm not sure if there's anyone who hasn't started watching this yet or if what I'm about to say is really spoilers but I'm going to be safe.
Well that was a fun ride and frankly in my mind the 2 biggest missteps they made were that annoying sheep sound and the fact that they kept trying to keep us guessing who Shi Won's husband was after episode 15 where all possibility of it being anyone other than Yoon Jae went to 0%. Would it have been nice if they didn't end up together, perhaps slightly more realistic, but they would have had to plan for that from the beginning because the scenes from 2012 were never possible if she married Tae Woong. Frankly in this case Shi Won and Yoon Jae being together was the most realistic ending they could have, and did, given us.

I dispute the theory theory that Yoon Jae's crush on Shi Won was one sided for the first 12 episodes because the evidence suggests that she liked him as well she was just to immature to understand her own feelings let alone anyone else's. First evidence is as Joon Hee points out Shi Won constantly saying something negative about Yoon Jae. Second is the puppy that she found and by herself decided it looked like Yoon Jae doted on it and slept with it, whatever happened to that puppy anyway. Third and perhaps the strongest evidence is she called Yoon Jae when she thought she was in trouble, when you're in trouble you call the person you care about and trust the most subconsciously or not, which got her thinking but of course she wasn't quite ready to admit it at that point.

As for the actual ending so wonderful just it appears that in 2012 Shi Won and Yoon Jae are still the only ones who know Joon Hee's sexual orientation, but I'm wondering do either Joon Hee or Shi Won know that Yoon Jae knows? Also why no happy ending for poor sweet Sung Jae he's the only one without a spouse or boy/girl friend.

Since Yoon Jae and Shi Won express their feelings for each other by fighting like her parents you know that their at least 2 children, personally I could easily see them having 9 children like Joon Hee's parents, are going to have some very similar experiences as Shi Won herself had.

Lastly Shi Won may be my favorite K drama heroine ever for many reasons but the 2 strongest are the fact that she just completely accepts Joon Hee no questions or anything after he tells her he's gay and secondly once she's mature enough to know how she feels she goes after it no wavering or other usual drama heroine bullhockey. the end

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 3rd, '12, 10:30

I've just discovered this drama and I need to watch it! (big H.O.T fan here) downloading torrents at the moment. Can anyone point me to softsubs please? >_<

PS. not in the States. cant watch from dramafever :')

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 3rd, '12, 13:43

subs are here

I wonder where all HOT fans were when we tried to crush SHINHWA back in 2006... :glare:

Anyway, in latest Baek Ji-yeon's People Inside (백지연의 피플 인사이드) yesterday, she interviewed Tony, and he mentioned the battles between HOT fans and Sechs Kies fans. To those who didn't believe it - nothing in Answer 1997 regarding the fandom was made-up, hehe. The blood-letter as well, since members of HOT remember that well, and almost all of them got one.
Oh well, there was even one girl who killed herself, but you know...

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 4th, '12, 11:48

wow Ethlenn, thanks so much for the link! you know what, it's exactly Tony's interview that led me to this drama or else I wouldn't have known what it was about. (ppl were talking about Reply 1997 in his interview news thread.)

Anyway, what did you mean by trying to crush SHINHWA? They are H.O.T's juniors. I see no reason to hate them. I actually was a shinhwa fan too...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 4th, '12, 12:22

It's not hate, I don't have any particular feelings for SHINHWA, never really liked them, yet never hataed them. Perfect neutral.

In 2006 there was one particular voting. Long story, nevermind.

If you're interested, I upped this Tony's interview here.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 5th, '12, 09:51

Is there english sub available? :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 5th, '12, 14:51

noshadow31 wrote:Is there english sub available? :)
:rofl:

Forget about the subs, seriously. I know one vietnamese group wanted, but :unsure:

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 5th, '12, 15:22

T-T i take it there's no eng sub then? >_<

thanks for the file anyway ^^

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 10th, '12, 08:30

finished all 16 eps in 2 days! and I love love the first 2/3 of the series to bits. >_< Too bad the few last episodes are bland compared to the former eps but that happens to nearly all kdramas anyway.

Eun Ji is too good! How could she be this natural in her first drama? XD
and In Guk went from meh-looking to hot in my book! LOL

BTW, did anyone notice the goof where they show a magazine with H.O.T in their 5th album when it's supposed to be their 1st album era in the story timeline? :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 10th, '12, 09:02

1997 is HOT's second album era (I know, Candy from their 1st WHAKOV is all over the place and concert song is 전사의 후예, but still), but yeah, they had few slips with it, too minor to be noticed by everyone anyway.

You watched ep 0?

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 11th, '12, 05:27

I watched maybe like 10 mins of it but then got bored and started watching ep1. is there anything i shouldn't miss in ep0?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 11th, '12, 08:56

No, as it serves as the intro to the whole drama, some interviews, BTS, etc. I like such stuff, but well, nothing new there. :mrgreen:

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Oct 12th, '12, 17:24

hi!!!!

finished this series 2 weeks ago. now Im downloading the raw (coz I wanted to show it to my friends). got bunch of soft subs here and there but since Im done with the drama I wanted the very good quality subs.
I have the complete subs by dramafever. but I was searching for a sub in sync with this specific file
[tvN] Answer.To.1997.E13-E14.120904.HDTV.XviD-WITH.avi

do anyone here have it? pls pls share it with me?
my email is watashiwachiaki@yahoo.com :wub: :wub: :wub:
I would very much appreciate it :salut:

And if you have the one from darksmurfsubs pls pls email me as well.

nangelique

ONE OF MY FAVOURITES

Post by nangelique » Dec 19th, '12, 06:53

:cheers:
This drama will forever be in my heart. It is just amazing. I think it deserves more viewers :D it's so light and refreshing. Truly amazing... Ahhh still fan girling even though I watched this a month ago.

:thumleft:

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Dec 30th, '12, 19:12

Hi everyone, I have been searching desperately for the Eng. subs of this but couldn't find them on the darskmurfsub site or anywhere else. Can someone kindly post me the link please for them ? Thanks so much.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 31st, '12, 09:30

sunflower63 wrote:Hi everyone, I have been searching desperately for the Eng. subs of this but couldn't find them on the darskmurfsub site or anywhere else. Can someone kindly post me the link please for them ? Thanks so much.
Check here
Enjoy :salut:

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Dec 31st, '12, 12:07

Sham26, THANKS VERY MUCH INDEED !!!! I couldn't find them anywhere really...I am so thankful to your kind help. Have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!! And also to everyone else here on D-Addicts. ;-)

czarLOVEgukkie

Post by czarLOVEgukkie » Nov 18th, '14, 04:39

kyyaaaah !! how can i download the vid. ?
answer me pls. pretty pretty pls. tnx XD

andreaiiitah05

Re: Reply 1997 (tvN, 2012)

Post by andreaiiitah05 » Sep 7th, '15, 05:02

Thanks

BucinInGuk

Re: Reply 1997 (tvN, 2012)

Post by BucinInGuk » Jun 19th, '19, 23:16

Why did you censor Seo In Guk? :nuts: