Viande

Five Fingers (SBS, 2012)

Post by Viande » Sep 19th, '12, 21:17

Title: 다섯손가락 / Daseotsongarak / Five Fingers
Previously known as: 피아노의 숲 / Pianoeui Soop / The Piano Forest
Genre: Melodrama, romance, musical
Episodes: 30
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2012-Aug-18 to 2012-??
Air time: Saturday & Sunday 21:50
DramaWiki
Official site

Synopsis:
A drama about young people who each have their own tragedies to overcome and achieve their dreams. A pianist Yoo Ji Ho (Joo Ji Hoon) has extraordinary talent. While he overcomes a tragic past and childhood scars to chase his dream, he gets caught up in a bitter rivalry with the rich successor to a corporation. DramaWiki

Main cast:
Chae Si Ra as Chae Young Rang
Joo Ji Hoon as Yoo Ji Ho
Kang Yi Suk as young Ji Ho
Ji Chang Wook as Yoo In Ha
Kim Ji Hoon (김지훈) as young In Ha
Jin Se Yun as Hong Da Mi
Kim Sung Kyung (김성경) as young Da Mi

Production:
Production Company: Yein E&M (예인이앤엠)
Chief Producer: Kang Shin Hyo
Director: Choi Young Hoon
Screenwriter: Kim Soon Ok

Additional Posters:
Subtitles:
Here
Last edited by Viande on Sep 19th, '12, 21:37, edited 2 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 19th, '12, 21:20

You put this pic I tried to avoid at all cost!! :faint:

Anyway, I don't care about rating, don't care about scandals around it, I care about Jihun and that's all. And I hope Hong Da Mi will repeat Mokdam's fate and just dies.

Plus, the music is awesome here!! :mrgreen:

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 19th, '12, 21:24

Oh yeah, I managed to ignore his hair. :mrgreen: Let me change.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 19th, '12, 21:29

Noooo!!! I love this pic!! can't do much about horrible hair, sniff!!

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 19th, '12, 21:43

Alright, there are some additional pictures for those who can't look at his hair. ^^

I'm sleepy and I want those subs!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 21st, '12, 21:29

So, Jiho is starting to fuel up his inner b*tch? Let's hope so. And let's hope step-mom will help him on his path to revenge/whatever he's doing.

Just leave this here:

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 28th, '12, 15:53

I need a moment to praise this drama.

Might have some spoilers, mostly about ep 12:
Damn I love this slow change that is happening in Ji Ho. First he got shocked about the truth about his mother and tried to deny everything but finally got over it and was deeply hurt. Now he's confused about himself having to use dirty tricks to even have a chance because neither In Ha nor their mother allows him to play fair. This rivalry between these two brothers is in totally different level! I LOVE IT.

And that last part in the competition was brilliant. Ji Ho made her mother abandon In Ha again.
Also, If Chae Si Ra doesn't get any awards from her acting...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 28th, '12, 16:14

Viande wrote: Also, If Chae Si Ra doesn't get any awards from her acting...
Nah, it will be the broom who'll get all awards, like The Most Outstanding Performance by Furniture, Top Quality Utensil, etc...

I'll watch ep 12 today, when I'm back from work, but I second everything you said. This drama is gripping, tense and I really love it!!

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 28th, '12, 18:14

Ethlenn wrote:
Viande wrote: Also, If Chae Si Ra doesn't get any awards from her acting...
Nah, it will be the broom who'll get all awards, like The Most Outstanding Performance by Furniture, Top Quality Utensil, etc...
I died. :rofl: But there must be at least some award given by experts, right?

It's really shame this drama got bad reputation because of the Eunjung controversy. I'm pretty sure it's affecting the ratings. I'm only hoping it won't affect Jihun's next project. I want to see him more on screen, preferably in some nice movie again.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 28th, '12, 22:00

Viande wrote: I died. :rofl: But there must be at least some award given by experts, right?
Let's not forget the Popularity Awards given by netizens. She can also get some awards by Coffin Manufactures co., I can see the reason for it: The Wood That Makes Dead People Seem More Alive!

I should stop, I hate her acting and enjoy bashing it. And I'm not even drunk.

Too bad Eunjung was kicked out in such way. But as for me (and us, I guess), no scandal around it can prevent us from watching this. I find this drama really, really captivating and good.

Viande

Post by Viande » Oct 3rd, '12, 18:38

Drool! But who can blame her for that... :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 3rd, '12, 22:02

We're basically repeat ourselves from twitter, anyway...

I'm after ep 14 and I almost gnawed on all my five, or ten fingers even. Subbers were really kind/cruel to release 2 eps in such short time span.
Few things:
1. I love this drama.
2. Inha is a mad guy. Insecure, complex-ridden, technically-good-but-emotionally-barren guy.
3. Jiho is not as stupid as he seemed in the first episdes.
4. Chae Sira is perfect as the double-faced, false, evil, horrible, hellish witch-mother
5. the broom sucks.

Saturday is still so many days away, and we're in the middle of the story.

The key that appeared at the end of ep. 14, is it the same that opened the hidden room with a piano that is now in <strike>broom</strike> Dami's possession?

Viande

Post by Viande » Oct 4th, '12, 05:29

Ethlenn wrote:We're basically repeat ourselves from twitter, anyway...

I'm after ep 14 and I almost gnawed on all my five, or ten fingers even. Subbers were really kind/cruel to release 2 eps in such short time span.
Few things:
1. I love this drama.
2. Inha is a mad guy. Insecure, complex-ridden, technically-good-but-emotionally-barren guy.
3. Jiho is not as stupid as he seemed in the first episdes.
4. Chae Sira is perfect as the double-faced, false, evil, horrible, hellish witch-mother
5. the broom sucks.
Well summarized. ^^ Plus the second girl sucks too.
Ethlenn wrote:The key that appeared at the end of ep. 14, is it the same that opened the hidden room with a piano that is now in <strike>broom</strike> Dami's possession?
Oh, I thought Inha & Jiho got the same key to the wood store but now that I checked those keys were different. Interesting! At first I thought Inha would get trolled with that key but it wasn't the case. Maybe Jiho's key gives them some other, more important part for the master piano. I just can't belive their father would have given Inha his last secret just like that.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 14th, '12, 21:31

Yep, the relative peace and lack of blood couldn't last long, but damn, that took me by surprise.
Can we take one candidate for being Evil Witch' son off the list then? I kinda liked young Hong, he was a courageous boy.
I wonder what writers can come up with to throw at Jiho, because, seriously, they are putting him through so much crap I'm surprised he's still alive and 'functioning" although losing his calm nature with the sublight speed.
I need him and Kim Jung Wook to start the cooperation asap.

And I will gladly see Inha spiralling down now. Oh, what a show!!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 20th, '12, 21:48

I am still waiting for this drama to appear in my area on TV. However I could not resist watching a few scenes from maybe episode around 14/15 Not sure. It was where Ji Ho found out how his father died and who killed him. I was so shockd to see the way Ji Hoon looked. When will he stop losing weight. His face does not look like him at all. I was looking at how he was when in the Army and he now seems a mere shadow. It makes me feel so sad and somewhat angry. I am sure they made him lose weight for the role but this is ridiculous. I can hardly think of how he looked being so mischievous and funny in Antique. Especially he was so attractive in interviews with Kim Gorgeous.

Oh well. As long as it is not 'netizens hatred' making him depressed.

teemu8

Post by teemu8 » Oct 30th, '12, 08:37

one of the best dramas this year
good actors and chemistry, glad they drop the girl of TARA,

Viande

Post by Viande » Oct 30th, '12, 17:08

Indeed, the best melodrama of the year.

and yes.... I'm back at watching... very closely.... :faint:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 30th, '12, 17:11

You convinced me I should throw away all what I'm doing and go and watch it. So, yes, I'll be watching it closely too...

Viande

Post by Viande » Oct 30th, '12, 17:18

I hope the fire from ep 1 will get his shirt before he escapes... :twisted:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 30th, '12, 18:58

You know road to hell has no road-signs? What should I pack so you won't feel lonely?
Damn you, woman, you and your links!!

I can't express how much I love this drama. if it wasn't for Broom and her scenes, I'd love it even more. The last scene between Jiho and Inha in ep 21 was so intense... and she came and ruined it.

And Jiho... goddammit, he became a god of vengeance.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 7th, '12, 18:58

Despite ep 24 being over the top with "ace up your sleeve", I came to realization that they gave hints to all what happened before, like Jiho's taking care of Grandma, not showing clearly Woojin's body (only some mummy) etc. Small damn hints...

Love this drama.

And to prove my point of a certain duckbutt:

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 15th, '12, 17:22

I'm here again, just to praise this drama. Damn this drama is pure gold. :notworthy: (excluding the wood face)

Ethlenn already saw this but posting these here too:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 15th, '12, 17:26

And now you expect me to remain sane... And I can't watch eps cause I have no tiiiime! OK, maybe 25, just one, just one... But I know how this drama can suck into, one episode always somehow ends as double.

I'm frozen cause it's cold outside, need something hawt to melt. Fire of hell can do too :P
Bad Viande, bad, bad. :whistling:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 15th, '12, 23:04

Ethlenn. Nothing to do with five fingers but you being so cold reminds me that I saw documentary with two Buddhist monks lying out in the snow. Very cold and they used their minds to melt the snow and they became warm. Hard to believe but maybe you could try that?

:whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 15th, '12, 23:09

Oh, that's in fact a shamanistic practice to wake up and keep that "inner fire"... My worldly pleasures and deeply depraved nature keep me away from such experience and austerities that lead to it.
:wub:

But I'll try... :mrgreen:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 17th, '12, 03:24

Oh Ethlenn do not try. think about it first my dear.Maybe with glass in hand.

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 17th, '12, 20:24

I feel so emotionally drained after ep 26. I can really feel how tired all the characters are in this drama. I almost felt bad for the Mother from Hell.

Some sad/angry faces from ep 26:
Possible spoilers:
Since they have now spilled out all the secrets, I wonder what they're going to do for the last four episodes? There is no way this will end happily so it makes me wonder who is going to die or rather who is going to live. There has been some speculations on other websites about what big twist they're plotting for the end when they "have had extra cautions for possible plot leaks".

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 17th, '12, 22:23

10 first minutes of ep 26 are just masterpiece.

I'm glad they (probably) cut down Broom's scenes so I don't have to cringe or ffd her on screen, losing Jiho's as well.

As for spoilers:
I'd say Jeong Wook is to kill off. I really can't explain that but I have this feeling they'd like to do this. Other than Inha's swallowing pills again, I can't see any other candidates.
But!
I wonder what Jiho meant when he said "It's up to here" when Broom left him when he pretended to sleep. Was is about them? Because I didn't had such impression. For me it was more like he's losing his humane side and this "nice Jiho" is actually "up to here". But whatever, my speculations only, ripped by ep 26 and small glass of gin^^
Oh, and Peggy, don't worry, I wouldn't do such thing without a glass^^

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 17th, '12, 23:14

Ethlenn wrote: But!
I wonder what Jiho meant when he said "It's up to here" when Broom left him when he pretended to sleep. Was is about them? Because I didn't had such impression. For me it was more like he's losing his humane side and this "nice Jiho" is actually "up to here". But whatever, my speculations only, ripped by ep 26 and small glass of gin^^
I think
it was just about him being related to Young Rang. He did also say something about them getting closer before that "up t here" comment. I assume he was hoping one day they would overcome it since he wasn't really Young Rang's son, but now it's impossible. He couldn't even tell it to the Wood face.

But yes, he defiently lost his nice side in him. I hope that romance part ended here even if he gains some of his sanity back. I just can't stand that wood face and her sad excuses.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Dec 7th, '12, 00:23

not bad but.. what is it about melodrama lately? I did not watch much but
two I came across follow one pattern: start big and angsty then at the end sweet and forgiving and just Disney and Pollyanna and sugar on the top... Ok, I approve as I had soft spot for InHo and broom is out (thank you writers for small gifts!) but the end was a bit off. I had marathon of Gag Show lately and it was like watching Uncorfotable Truths and this older gag about differences between dramas and reality. Scene where InHo is appologising made me laugh, sorry :unsure: I guess melodrama is not my kind of genere after all.