Faith (SBS, 2012)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 12th, '12, 16:17

Talking about that CY's slow motion running, did you notice the unforgiving edting error? :nuts: when he was running, the metal track for their camera was exposed. It was one embarrassing moments. It was bad! really bad but then what you expect when they have weekly filming. I am disappointed but not going to grill them over this too much. They just need to fire their director and editor. It's not fair on others involved
:x

I really want them to run away together and I too want his old girlfriend MH to be alive but be on the evil side. Like she works for Yuan or KC or DH because of what happened to their master. We got 6 more eps left. Not sure if it's enough for such storyline and its consequences. That's only if she still was around of course.

They even can fake ES death and say that high Dr has died. They can do all lots of things in order not to give her to Yuan. They just need to use their brain.
Very curios about the 3rd item right now. :whistling:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 12th, '12, 18:55

I thought it was my imagination but you just confirmed to me. Wow, to miss something like that :lol Do they not check it?
Dying will be suspicious, I think. And king would not dare. Letting her run is only thing he can do without much risk but as letter indicate at the same time it is playing strictly in Yuan hand. Well, CY to the rescue as always and old love vs new love would be bonus here.. but yes 6 episodes seems too little for resolving such plot.
I can't imagine what 3rd item is, smartphone is what I had in mind but without source will not work so I do not see purpose, not for dead one. Gun is second but not easy to obtain in modern Korea. But make more sense if you forget that 1000 year amunition would not work and well, gun will be not usable too. But they are not 100% logical so it is difficult to predict. If you were doctor and went back in time to save somebody what would you bring? Tools for operation, I agree, notes- yes, becouse you landed in wrong time, so what else? Not known in drama time? Something to rescue him? How he can die? Arrow, sword, knife, and variation of those, poison... mask to breath, to filtr gas? What can withstand 1000 years? Plastic yes but not filtr itself. BTW is it from 1000 years or from 1000 year as a date? Not that it makes such difference for gun but still well preserved gun could work.. even it tools are strangly in bad shape, this kind of steel should have high quality. I'm writing is as I think.. I have the feeling it will be something totally obvious once we see it :glare:
methode Monte Carlo should we adopt here :unsure: ?

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 13th, '12, 00:48

hope that we know soon and not to drag it to last ep.

In Arang thread there was talk about comparing the two, I did at first too but I stopped soon after because they are two different dramas and you can't really make a comparison. they are both saguke and have both elements of fantasy in them. Arang is much better written, directed, edited and paced. all very true but still I can't compare the two anymore. even though Faith comes second when you compare them, I still can't stop obsessing about it. I am too emotionally invested in it already.

the reason for my obsession? CY's character... :wub: let's drool a bit over him. :P

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u3UhmpRVrTg" frameborder="0"></iframe>

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 13th, '12, 10:39

.. speachless..
should I say better edited than Faith itself ? :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 13th, '12, 10:49

shiofmedea wrote:.. speachless..
should I say better edited than Faith itself ? :lol
:lol anything is better edited than Faith itself. There are some quality Faith MVs out there that makes you think they should go and work on the set instead of the ones working already. ever thought that you can write a better storyline than the one you watching in one time of your life? :P

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 13th, '12, 20:02

I'm afraid I have tendency to complicate too much so my script would go for 50 episodes :lol. Expect high violance, crime, martial arts, mysterious man with swords and dangerous woman, hm.. something like dark fantasy in modern urban jungle 8) .

I have some collection of videos I came across on YouTube and was so impressed that I downloaded. Not from Korean dramas only. Oficial trailers do not measure to some of them. I am always thankful as they introduced my to some singers and bands I would never tried to listen to. Of course their authors have more freedom to use scenes or music background but still you can only use one description - professional.The same goes for some fanwritings. The level of some is even better then orginal author works especially for long series where you can feel that last volmes loose their initial flame.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 15th, '12, 18:34

They are slipping more and more in plot area:
DH kidnapped Queen ( pretty obvious hint as they wear the same clothes all the time)
Her feeding CY future custom could be read - I can't wait to be there, rather mean or maybe I am only one always reading too much ( and in bad way) in people actions.
The romance part: CY cut all breaks. It is sweet but .. ok I know not much more time for him but isn't it a bit too abrupt? This tree scene is a bit unnatural (or too natural) for me. More so that later we are back to usuall track.
Queen and King progress is way better portraited. Here question:
did she died in pregnancy? I mean in reality? It kind of fit in plot here. This Great Seer drama is confusing me here.. :unsure:
As for Doc Yuan choose my option two but not clear why and what they want to do. Use her as a way to break the King by show of submission (part of it for sure plus reasons I gave before)? Interogate? I wonder who gave order to kill Doc in this case, as there is no signature on "wanted" letters.
And why going back? Why? Not that answer is not obvious - to fil 5 more episodes.. I do not want to give up this drama but the plot seriously wearing me off. This run away episode is a bit pointless here (except sweet romance thing).
Two points keep me on topic: CY and 3rd item. I gave up on explanation for time traveling, I do not belive it to be good one anymore.

Do we use those spoilers for Faith??? I do not want to be kick off but nobody is reading this except those who are following almost on-line anyway.. and I am always confused when to use them here.[/spoiler]

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 15th, '12, 19:35

Oh, I think I have different thoughts on this ep than you. :mrgreen:
But have to say that I am still disappointed at little quality romantic time they gave me today. I was expecting much more but CY kept fighting evil guys and protecting ES. They are on the run and there is no single cave around in that area for them to get all lovy dovy. :cussing:
DH kidnapping NG is the plan to bring back ES to palace. I see it as very good plan because they know she will be back. But what I hate that ES is being bargained again by GM for his needs. Is like no way out of it. As long as GM is a weak king (for now), ES will be dragged and bargained for rest of her life. So I really don't blame CY for running away with ES for sake of saving the woman he loves. I really see his action justified.
About high five, aja aja or pinky promise gestures, I actually thought they were really cute moments. I didn't had those feelings you had. To me they meant to be as a gesture and aimed to make them even closer. She comes from future and intended or not she will act like a foreigner (just like the way she acted in that inn ordering drink). CY needs to know about her world too. It's not fair that she's the only one has to adopt.
have to admit, I LOVED every single romantic moments in today's ep. specially that tree scene. for first time I could see some chemistry and natural acting between the two. for two people who reached their mutual closeness, It was the right mood for them. I could go AWWW at this scene the entire page of this thread. :-P

GM and NG were more than before romantic with each other. The real NG did not fall pregnant this early and actually was 15 or 16 years later and at that time she died at child birth. As they never adhered to actual historical facts in this drama, I'm wondering if this is how the storyline goes in Faith or changes in history that is happening because of ES.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 15th, '12, 20:15

I slept 2 hours and had long and hard day at work so episode had to be great to please me, I guess. :lol
Cave!!! :rofl: Sorry but just before I read your post Issy I thought that if I had so little time I would go all the way and now is good moment :whistling: Not in this drama I'm afraid!
I understood about plan but with them on run they should not receive message for one and second DH is acting on his own so even less chances. She knows becouse of time bottle message but in reality what? HDH can only count on people being still in contact with CY which should not be the case as he do not like to put people around him in danger. And what about priorites?
So next scenario she is going back on her own once again leaving him behind and making her decisions. So no I am still disapointed as it is going in circles once again.
And her being used as trumph card and bargined about, well, king is weak and started his game unprepared and too early, so disaster was a must. She is not clever enough too and messed up from begining. CY is clever guy but still too honorable to win in the end with aliances he choose.
btw when I said runaway episode was waste I just have in mind that it did not have meaning. Nothing big happend which could not happen other way (if I am not mistaken about letter) except wearing off their shoes, it was too short.
CY needs to know about her world too. It's not fair that she's the only one has to adopt.

Why? He is not going there? :unsure: I think I need more sleep, I am reading too much in people action, am I?
Still not sure about tree scene, a little too natural for me
But I hope action here is becouse her mendling in history or rather her being catalisator of events. But in this case: season two? :glare: still 5 episodes to undo first loop events.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 15th, '12, 20:46

you know, me and my friend Darynrose who started this thread have been dreaming of a "cave" scene since beginning. since the time they both to suborn to understand they love each other. so what better place than locking them in a cave. :lol

I am with you on this that running away plan seems totally useless specially that she will be going back to palace on tomorrow's ep. I really don't know what's the writer's intention. I am happy that I got some fluff and romance scenes out of it but then what next?

and Why CY has to know about her world? well, just to know ES better so whenever she starts talking nonsense to him, he has an idea what she is talking about. if they are suppose to be couple, then it has to work both ways. me think this way :P

now let me confuse myself (and others :scratch: ) more here. so the letter tells her that she should cherish every moment she has with CY and memories them and she is ES from the future. so she is Hwatta herself. so it means here in 2nd loop (the first one was the one CY died. it's already undone as he is saved now. so is the 1st loop has been scratched for good? right? so if she leaves CY alone again in the 2nd loop what happens? or we just assume 1st and 2nd loops are entwined together? :goggle: :scratch:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 15th, '12, 21:33

there is no indication there that CY died already in first loop to the events in drama time (second loop). On the condratory if there is no more then 2 loops (if there are more authors went overboard and this will never end - Sliders had soooo many seasons :lol ) it means that main event she tried to prevent is still ahead of us. All those notes are more like preparation to make her drama-self belive of what she should do when it comes. She messed out big time if she decided to go back in time to undo it (or she had no choice as her mistake coused her to slip back not forth in time but it cant be case as she do not have now this plastic bottle with which last letter was found in) so CY dying or almost dying is given. If not that means that she really traveled as many times as particular events she described took place. You know every decision caused different turn of events so you choose one, you see disaster, you go back and choose second then if everything goes well you wait to next and repeat process. Only problem - she mess not only with CY life but history so she should additionaly check everytime on history books. And it would not work anyway as according to chaos theory you can't really undo things, too many variables.
Well in some stories they use second theory that history should be elastic enough to prevent interferences on small scale. So only big catalizator in proper time and events junction can make difference. What theory is used here - no idea. But her traveling many times.. please scenario authors give us a break here!
So to sumarize - I think we are still in repeart of first loop events and the last scene was the one she will remember later (but in first loop time) when she planted letter under stone. rest of her diary need to be usuful for something not to mention 3rd item

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 16th, '12, 01:16

just finished watching it with subs and now it makes more sense. Sorry GM if I was harsh on you before.
shiofmedea wrote:there is no indication there that CY died already in first loop to the events in drama time (second loop). On the condratory if there is no more then 2 loops (if there are more authors went overboard and this will never end - Sliders had soooo many seasons :lol ) it means that main event she tried to prevent is still ahead of us.
There is actually. if there is no incidence of CY death in loop1 then there would be no notes left by future ES to prevent this from happening. but as we saw in ep16&17 she found out from her notes that is going to be plot agaist CY's life and all other events that happened in that morning. so CY did die in loop1 and ES went back to 2012 after that. so that's how the loop1 ends.

But, there could be more danger for CY after that. all those notes are specific to one time and one place so they are not only for preparations and random. that's why she could connect the notes with events that happened that morning and linked it to CY death. as I said when The girl will break something and lots of flowers...

even if we say this is a repeated loop1, we still don't know for sure how many times she has been coming back and forth to leave all those notes. as you said, she is stock in time loop. I believe that she has. according to all those dates in diary, it seems that she has been travelling repeatedly just to save CY over different times of his life. more like ES is CY's guardian angel (even though I am sure CY thinks otherway around :lol )

so I am starting to believe this is a never ending story that keeps happening for ES. her main mission is to save CY from harm. but everytime she does it, she will meet him as she met him for first time and they fall in love with each other all over again until the end of each particular loop. so basically they have been together like forever but they just can't remember it as the loop gets rewritten each time.
that reminds me of the fortune teller in ep1 and what he said to ES. "Her man is someone from the past". past has double meaning her. not only as past times in history but also from her own past.

but that's my theory and has no relation what so ever to any facts and figures related to time travel and loops and paradoxes. I hope I don't sound crazy after such a long post. :mrgreen:
I think after this , I just try to shut down my brain and see what the writer wants to tell. only 5 left so npt long to wait and see

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 16th, '12, 22:01

Before going through 20th episode one thought inspired by Guarding angel comment of yours Issy:
Did you ever considered that nothing prevent Doc to be multiplied? Vortex goes two ways :whistling: and we do not know if there are any way to control exit point (probably not).
I do not believe they are going to use this but just for mental excercise :P

btw your theory is something I mentioned earlier that I hope to avoid and exactly for the point you mentioned - neverending story. And in this case last page message in diary should be:" if you messed up once again go back, buy violet notebook, go through vortex on xx.xx.2012 and add direction to avoid this person death this time".

Isn't this envoy from Yuan interesting guy?
well let's see what happend today!

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 16th, '12, 22:34

In the middle of watching ep20 with subs right now.
but yeah, I know that what you wrote previously as something you want to avoid but last night I was so convinced that something like this would happen for sure. :P

and no, I never thought of multiple ES present in times but doesn't this make it parallel universe? or not? :scratch: as me totally clueless about these time travel terms...I will not try to think about it.
but something interesting happened at the beginning of ep20
The note that future ES has left for present ES, telling her that because she came back, the queen died and the king crumbled and CY heart gradually died because he kept blaming himself for what happened. so what does this mean? she has already returned to 2012 and found their history is messed up because of her? but she did not do anything to make this happen.
also, from her recollection of what happened to that bell thingy that fell from present ES hair, Future ES knew where to put that container for present ES to find. so she did that and present ES found it.
and now future ES telling her NOT to go back and stay with CY. but if she does that, there will be no future ES to be Hwatta and leave all those clues,,, :scratch: :goggle: such a mess
btw, Since when CY has become such a great and caring boyfriend??? :wub: can he be anymore loving than this? don't think so!

and I know this might sound evil and horrible but now GM feels exactly how CY felt when he was asking for Yuan seal to save ES's life. GM called him crazy and ordered to capture him as it was a silly request for a "mere woman". now he wants to give up Goryeo to get NG back. which one is the craziest now??? NG is a mere woman after all too.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 16th, '12, 23:00

from what I understood (but my korean is so poor) future (first loop) ES is telling Doc to go back even if it will cause her death. Which means that:
- that loop ES did not so history changed for king and Queen and CY felt guilty (and died for whatever reason)
- ES from loop which left letter should not know what will happen next as they will go back and prevent next events to happen
if so it means that if in diary there are any next forecasts we have proof of multiloop.
still watching ep20 but went to the end (I am horrible person but I wanted to know) and do not read it now but I must write it
:wub: :wub: :wub: for last part
and his kids under door and then leaving grumbling to themselves :rofl:
and last comment: :lol they "get the room" :lol even better then cave :party: and just after our exchange :rofl:
could they change scriptwriter? this episode has different feeling and is way better so far last few.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 16th, '12, 23:30

shiofmedea wrote:still watching ep20 but went to the end (I am horrible person but I wanted to know) and do not read it now but I must write it
:wub: :wub: :wub: for last part
and his kids under door and then leaving grumbling to themselves :rofl:
and last comment: :lol they "get the room" :lol even better then cave :party: and just after our exchange :rofl:
could they change scriptwriter? this episode has different feeling and is way better so far last few.
You forgot that I said I watched it live when it's on air, then the raw and then with subs. I am watching the subbed version now so YES! I died million time at the last part. :wub: x million :P it totally made my day. You got to love those nosy, perverted woodalchis. they love their daejang so much and want him to be happy but still want to see how? :P

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 16th, '12, 23:57

oh.. yes I forgot but I too many happy feelings make me forgiven, ne?
how you have it already with subs? Viki is not working for me :cry:
btw I feel kind of sadistic pleasure watching G suffer and remembering how unforgiving and not understanding he was to CY at some point but N did not deserve it :cry:
my prediction for 3rd item - camera probably analog, old type. but how could it withstand so lond (photomaterias especially) I have no idea.
Last edited by shiofmedea on Oct 17th, '12, 00:21, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 17th, '12, 00:06

not working for me either. sent you a pm. tell me if you got it. 8)

well, I had the same feeling about GM and wanted him to feel the same pain but as he did and realised what CY was going through I am ok with him now. he won't be feeling jealous of ES anymore. :P

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 17th, '12, 01:13

thanks! it works
well G made descent move officialy for first time so I am in forgiving mode as well.. but I wander what consequences will be. They should eliminate DH next, it would slow down Yuan a bit. Just framing him in N obduction (as there is no direct prove) should eliminate him from throne list. She is still Yuan princess so it should work. Prince of Court will be more difficult now when he feels wronged personaly.

Aaa.. I keep repeating last scenes and laughing all the time at Woodalchis behaviour, it's just too funny! Ghrrr! I have work tomorrow!

CY went from holding back to not only perfect boyfriend but seducer :blink :thumright: Nothing innocent in his last statement

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 17th, '12, 06:05

shiofmedea wrote:thanks! it works
well G made descent move officialy for first time so I am in forgiving mode as well.. but I wander what consequences will be. They should eliminate DH next, it would slow down Yuan a bit. Just framing him in N obduction (as there is no direct prove) should eliminate him from throne list. She is still Yuan princess so it should work. Prince of Court will be more difficult now when he feels wronged personaly.

Aaa.. I keep repeating last scenes and laughing all the time at Woodalchis behaviour, it's just too funny! Ghrrr! I have work tomorrow!

CY went from holding back to not only perfect boyfriend but seducer :blink :thumright: Nothing innocent in his last statement
Wuhahah :lol yep! CY could not believe that now he has ES glued to him (as it is said in subs, no perverted thoughts included :P ) 24/7. I am totally loving the new changes in CY. They all are in time. Nothing sooner or later. I just can't stop melting at every romantic gesture he does here and there. Nothing exaggerated. Just in tone with what he feels right at that moment.
The scene when ES was sad due to sad news of the queen and every one was crying, CY comes and stand front of her holding her hand from the back and giving her his back to cry on. That was so heart melting.
:wub: :wub: :wub:

The last scenes has left a happy silly grin on my face since yesterday. *___________* hope people around don't think I have gone crazy :nuts:
And as my friend daryn says , they have answered my prayers and gave them a room instead of a cave. :mrgreen:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 17th, '12, 14:56

O yeh, after his double take seeing her as warrior he looked like trying to keep smilling right away. I don't know if it was part of script or MH himself finding development funny but made me grinning as well.
The scene when ES was sad due to sad news of the queen and every one was crying, CY comes and stand front of her holding her hand from the back and giving her his back to cry on. That was so heart melting.
that one was made great I agree. Still proper apperance whan on duty but carring anyway. I had to say I stiil have my doubts about begining of previous episode but now they made really good job. very convincing play of emotions from every character.
But no clues for what will come next, from assasination to war everything is possible now. History changed..

I checked history of this drama and problems with cast and I must say it's good they had this problem so MH was chosen. From possible main actors he fits the role the best.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 17th, '12, 16:19

Have to admit, if KJH was still the main lead in this drama after all its delay, I wouldn't have even looked at it let alone watching. (Now runs away from his fans) :pale:

The story dramatically has changed. Some say the original version and its cast would have made it epic. Saw the trailer and agree that its special effects and 3D filming would have made it just perfect. But regardless of me not being a KJH fan, I wonder of it would have been another case of "Legend" for me? Yes, it had A-List main lead, great cinematography and big budgeted cast and crew but couldn't even capture my attention for one whole ep. I dropped it right after ep1.
Also it seems that original KHS was suppose to be a goryeo person and not from 2012 . So would her character be as lively and independent as she's now? Don't know really and it doesn't matter anymore.
But me totally happy with the cast we have now. Each and every one of them. I had my reservation about KHS before, but not because of her acting ( well, never wanted to strangle her with my own hands and this is my way of approval for actresses :P ) but because she was stingy with her emotions in her character. But now, I totally feel see it specially in last few eps.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 17th, '12, 17:06

You took it from my mouths! I could approve of LJK (but still he lack some aura MH can put even if I adore him for sentiment reasons) but KJH? I would not even try him for such character. I did not saw orginal trailers, were they so good? Well 3D.. problem with it is that 3D effects need to be done really well to not be just anoying show-off you have headache after watching too long.
I must admit that even if Faith has a lot of weak points all characters are acceptable or at least played well. In all flow of drama only character I hated was that advisor of G. And I like both main characters which for me is not usually the case as I have this "let somebody run his car over him/her" feelings to one of them in almost 100% of dramas I watched. Romances especialy.. well there is not second guy/girl here, so maybe thats why.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Oct 20th, '12, 03:59

I stopped watching Faith at episode 14. I am loving the drama but we have run into an obstacle of our making, we are going on a cruise ship out of Barcelona on the 24th for about 15/16 days to Florida,USA. Internet on the cruise ships is very slow and expensive so I will not be able to see the final two eps until we get home. I will be depending on you people to let me know what happens at the end. Downloading is impossible but reading your discussions should work just fine. So just know that someone will be waiting for your critique on the 30th out in the middle of the Atlantic and I pray that there are no bad surprises for us as have happened in other Kdramas. We have a 5 hour layover in New York on the way over and will restart at ep 14, what a great way to kill time in an airport. I have loved reading your discussions on Faith and trying to figure this one out has been hard so I will wait for your critiques. My wife and I love cruising and next Apr we will be in KOREA. I am counting the days.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 20th, '12, 07:28

el_canuck wrote:I stopped watching Faith at episode 14. I am loving the drama but we have run into an obstacle of our making, we are going on a cruise ship out of Barcelona on the 24th for about 15/16 days to Florida,USA. Internet on the cruise ships is very slow and expensive so I will not be able to see the final two eps until we get home. I will be depending on you people to let me know what happens at the end. Downloading is impossible but reading your discussions should work just fine. So just know that someone will be waiting for your critique on the 30th out in the middle of the Atlantic and I pray that there are no bad surprises for us as have happened in other Kdramas. We have a 5 hour layover in New York on the way over and will restart at ep 14, what a great way to kill time in an airport. I have loved reading your discussions on Faith and trying to figure this one out has been hard so I will wait for your critiques. My wife and I love cruising and next Apr we will be in KOREA. I am counting the days.
Oh! So glad to know some one else is reading our chattering. 8) don't worry. Enjoy your cruise holiday with family and be assured that we will be here to bring you full account of next 4 remaining eps. After all, we have come this far already and still loving the show with all its ups and downs. :wub:
Btw, you will have great time with Faith from ep 14 onwards. I really loved each ep from that point till now.
8)

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Oct 21st, '12, 18:17

Okay I should say that we leave for Spain on the 24 so I will hopefully download 21 & 22. Getting subs from DarkSmurf in a timely fashion will be nice (I hope), downloading subs is fast. Issy I will be waiting for sure on those last two. Almost from the beginning I have been trying to figure out the ending, I almost did not want to watch after seeing Rooftop Prince. Kim Hee Sun is such a fine actor that I am going back looking for some of her past work.

If anyone takes a cruise on Holland America, know that half the crew are are Filipino and almost all D-Addicts and love to talk KDrama.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 22nd, '12, 19:58

ep 21 first impressions without subtitles:
of our couple development: :wub: CY confession - very ernest, very in character, without all this fluffy and overreacting moments they usually serve on dramas. And thank God, I would die on actors behalf if script would made them do it. Bed sharing.. well I hate to say it but soooo cute.. hate, hate cute! but still cute, uh :glare: did I mentioned I hate this word? :glare:
It's upseting how young people then was made to grow up. All this going in battle at age 16 is making you wonder how character can develop if person was exposed to so much violence, how quickly you needed to make yourself immune or worse find pleasure in killing. And with even high rank officers going to battle plus poor medical support the life span had to be rather short. You could only hope that your commanding officer was wise enough (well we still have this problem today, even more as generals stay out of front line which make risk easier, not their lives are in danger after all).
Saying this if given the choice I am not sure I would be willing to stay in ES place. CY may be incredibly tempting but voice of reason says the guy can die any given moment, people close to her are dying around all the time, poisoning is like favorite past time and still not stable and powerfull goverment on her side. Tough decission but if she is willing to travel all over time already (well multiple time loop is out of question at this point) not surprise here.
Only new development in this episode is apparent Yuan knowledge about Doc time-apperances and her interference with events. Not clear at this point (I should learn more languages when younger :-( ) how far their knowledge goes but they seem more aware about consequences that anybody to this point. Or I read too much in S person speach?
G managed to make me disappointed once again. I thought he grow a pair at the end of previous episode but he is back to his timid self. I do not understand this "I am King so I need to do it legaly" thing, all the fun of being one is that you are in position of making things legal regardless :whistling: Anyway he is loosing time and momentum once again and I can only guess who is going to pay for that.. again.
I almost forgot, CY is apparently loosing control over his arm muscles. Is this due to wound from those 7 assassins battle or connected to his special ability (rather first but it is interesting that Court Prince have simmilar problem, and younger users seems immune so far) still it means he will not be able to use sword in future (short one I guess - only 3 more episodes) to add to general troubles comming fast to give us great final :lol How he could manage to be this great hero if not being able to fight?
Everything is rather tight right now so I start to be afraid about end being rushed - so many loose ends to tight.. :scratch:

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 22nd, '12, 20:25

of our couple development: CY confession - very ernest, very in character, without all this fluffy and overreacting moments they usually serve on dramas. And thank God, I would die on actors behalf if script would made them do it. Bed sharing.. well I hate to say it but soooo cute.. hate, hate cute! but still cute, uh did I mentioned I hate this word?
Exactly my thoughts. CY's love was my main reason to watch this drama and love it to bits. it's very realistic for a person in that era with his background and according to what he has gone through. He's a military man and man of few words. that's why he never say it loud that he loves ES. but he shows that in every little bit of his actions. It's so hard to imagine how romantic CY is till you see his little gestures of love and affection here and there. Of course, MinHot made liking CY character becomes so easy but I don't think it's all because of his pretty face. He does act the part of being in love very well.
at the same time, he is realistic and aware that ES will do with no antidote. so why make a confession of love and make both souls in pain and misery if she is going to leave?
that bed scene was just too cute for words. I know others complain on how you just sleep together innocently holding hands only, but I am totally ok with it. first of all, they he's dead worried about what is happening to him and why his hand is shaking. at the mean time, he does not want to worry ES about it. I also believe that for a man like CY in that era and brought up in such family, it would be very out of his character to behave otherwise. People at old times, used to be able to fight temptations much easier than our people I believe.

and yes, You got to love those woodalchis and their giggles at the thought of their daejang having a woman in his room and he is alone with her.
:lol
I need subs to make more sense of this ep but today ep defintely killed me with all its romance and tense moments.

@shiofmedea
It's better to put today's ep comments in spoiler tag because the subs are not out yet and some people may not want to be spoiled. :P

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 22nd, '12, 20:48

sorry about spoilers, I usually do this but here I kind of used to be only us discussing things so I slipped :sweat:

For liking CY well pretty face do help a lot but MH portaits strong worior who start to worm himself to life and love once again really well. Not being actor who express himself easy help here a lot. I just wonder if he improved or role just fits him personally.
woodalchis here are sooo like kindergarden kids in their reactions :lol
I wonder about man-woman interactions.. I mean for woman in high class levels I agree they were kept inocent (or really? they should have to be able to live through wedding night? I never studied this particular subject, they had to have some kind of sexual education? I mean Europe was barbaric in this particular field but I assumed it was not so bad in Asia?)
but man? They had to relieve stress and those soldiers interactions.. well. I could agree with those scholars to be more innocent types too focus on studies. Some help here?
but anyway it would be unrealistic to give more action I agree, so cute and natural at the same time.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 23rd, '12, 16:39

After ep22, the third item has to be
The Antidote/Antibiotic!
can't think of anything more important than this for future ES to leave for present ES. It has to be it.

today's ep was totally heartbreaking. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Need subs to know more details. so will be back once I have watched both eps. I still have not watched ep 21 with subs yet.
:-(

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 23rd, '12, 18:33

before today episode:
I think I had gone crazy from too much work but
I had great idea why CY have problems with sword. Do you remember this glowing thing in first episode? Ha! :idea: Radiation :w00t: At least something totaly new
Ok so now i can admit myself to hospital for yellow papers (and have more time to watch dramas) :lol

But 3rd item was impossible to describe?
You can easly describe bottle, or injection item and besides medicine last usually few years max. I gave up, if this is not any of already proposed items there is no clue in drama or I am too oblivous to see it. BTW the cleaning service is very bad in palace if they still did not found items hiden by DH, they do not move things at all!
and in the middle of watching 22th
Only difference between "evil" king and "pure" king is that the second one is more deadly especially for his followers. I understand G way of thinking but at the end it is still naive if he expect it will make great difference, only outcome is more people dead on his side.
I just watch CY expression and want to say one word: Leave..
And I am back to my initial stage of G-hater :glare:
those so called bad guys here are far more likeable, in fact I have soft spot for Court Prince still and DH is so shamelessly selfabsorbed and egoist that you cant really hate him.
from less emotional side - Yuan seems to have access to another version of history where CY is dead. YES! not for CY death of course but last two episodes will be very complicated, I swore I will wait for both with subtitless.. with quick glance who survived before :whistling:
and after whole thing.. I need ice cream.. and chocolade.. :cry:

chocolade is the best for brain cells to start work again and I have one simple question:
CY spent like few hours in 2012, vortex was open 2-3 days, where is I am asking problem here? Go, take the shot of antiwhatever it is, take some for future use and come back!
And I guess this is exactly what lead to this multiloop traveling in first place :roll but why is nobody thinking about this simple solution is amazing :blink.
In afterthought you should take CY with you, just to be on safe side

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 23rd, '12, 21:39

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
I am going to share this hear because I am dead angry with what I read about deleted scenes that happened in today's ep. They seem vital for over all story but instead we had boring meetings of officials and NG. Aaaaargh!!!!
all credit goes to Soompi, Faith Thread and as posted by icesiren
Episode 22 script tidbits: [there were quite a few interesting bits that didn't make it into what aired, so pardon the length]

Possibility is raised that SY (the Yuan envoy) is a time-traveler, himself. specifically referring to the modern watch he used to check the time after he left DuckHindAss and GC in the other room. Script says no way to know (now) if SY has time-slipped to modern times (at some point). !!! [but SY mentioned Goguryeo when talking to GC ... which is the empire that gave way to Goryeo -- could he be a time traveler for real?]

Scene where GC and CY face each other while CY is helping GM escape - originally, it was supposed to be a scene in which GC and CY almost fought. GC had his frozen hand going; CY was going to spark his hand up, but it says that he is unable to call up his electricity/there is a problem.

CY is very angry that GM wont' leave until his army arrives. It says that he kills an enemy soldier in a burst of anger. (Did you know there are only 12 Woodalchi inside fighting against all of GC's forces???!!)

CY fighting solo scene: When they usher GM into a room to protect him, CY stays outside to guard the back from incoming soldiers. One of the Woodalchi gets his leg cut by a sword, CY grabs him by his clothes and throws him into the room, then turns back to fight. CY's breath is already labored from fighting; he looks at his right hand holding the sword and it is trembling. He transfers the sword to his left hand, but drops the sword sheath. DB comes in, and the fight continues. When its over, CY is breathing even more heavily. He looks around at all the dead bodies. He leans over to pick up the sword case; he tries to sheath his sword but because of his trembling hand, misses several times. DB watches with alarm.

Scene where CY tries to get GM to order the army to attack: after GM tells CY he considers himself one citizen of Goryeo, he puts his hand on CY's arm and apologizes "I'm sorry. Because of my stubborness you must spill blood once more.". As CY gives orders to guard the King, he says that he will guard the entrance alone. DB asks " Daejang, alone?" and CY responds "I will do it". (GOd, my heart breaks)

CY's return to Woodalchi: ES runs out and almost falls, she is so eager at his return. The other Woodalchi start greeting each other but watch CY/ES surreptitiously, taking peeks. CY walks by ES without a word; ES looks around awkwardly, but the other Woodalchi members pretend they saw nothing. After ES turns to follow CY inside, the Woodalchi look satisfied.

CY doesn't want ES to help him change out of his clothes because he doesn't want to show her his blood smeared appearance. After ES hugs him, he hugs her back, burying his face in her neck and closing his eyes - finally, he is able to breathe.
When Duck Hind Ass is telling GC where he hid the rest of Hwata's artifacts, SY is actually listening in on this conversation. (Uhoh...)

Scene where ES is walking with Duh-Gi on the way to the Queen. She exchanges greetings with all the Woodalchi members she passes. The garden she walked through is filled with blooming yellow chrysanthemums.

CY's feelings when he goes to confront ES in their room (while she is with the Queen): He is unable to hide or suppress his feelings. He is worked up and goes to throw open the doors, but stops himself to steady his breathing. After he sees that ES isn't there, he looks at the containers on the desk which held her medicine. They are completely empty. The emotions he was trying to suppress bubble up. CY stands there shaking and then knocks the table aside.

During the last scene, CY is described as soul weary. As he is so worked up, he doesn't notice that his hand is trembling until ES grabs it. ES kisses his hand and holds it to her chest, while looking up at CY. CY looks at ES with confusion and bewilderment.
and here another scene that was cut short and made awkward (I am crying due to loss of such a beautiful scenes.
again, all credit goes to icesiren from Soompi Faith thread
Episode 22 script cut scene in between where ES tells CY to lie down and where she goes to get his sword. I'm going to just type this out word for word:
ES: Talk to me.
CY: You want me to talk while I'm lying down?
ES: Its like this in movies.
(CY tries to sit up)
ES: (pushes CY back down) After this, its important that you make your heart peaceful.
CY: A peaceful heart .. (holds out his hand)
(ES holds his hand)
CY: That's done. Next...
ES: Now you talk about whatever you want.
CY: Like what?
ES: Anything. Don't you have anything you want to say?
(CY thinks about it but...)
ES: How about the sword?
CY: Sword?
ES: The sword you threw before.
(CY looks at it)
ES: You did (throw it) before. Didn't you carry it around like it was a part of you? You just threw it away.
CY: Has it become heavy?...
ES: The sword has become heavy?
CY: Is it possible? That a sword becomes heavy all of a sudden?
(ES lets go of his hand and goes to pick up the sword)
ES: It is heavy.
CY: ?
ES: A sword is originally heavy. So what?
(CY sits up)
ES: Don't tell me that all this time, you've never felt the sword's weight?
(CY holds out his hand. ES uses both her hands to place the sword in his hand. CY moves the sword around. ES watches CY as he looks at his sword with a new eyes
[/quote]

@Shiofmedea I will come to your points once I read your points 8)[/spoiler]

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 23rd, '12, 22:05

after ep22, I seriously can't stand DH now. with all what he has done, I never hated him through out the drama and his actions seemed realistic with what he wants but after today, he just hit the lowest point for me.

first of all, his character just running in a circle. he keeps doing the same thing on and on and on. he decides to be a king, he poison/kidnap/hurt some one, he blackmails people, he fails miserably, he runs away, gets saved by someone, back to square one! repeat all steps again. I just had enough of him already. just kill the B****D already! Today, when he ran away my patience with him was over. why on earth he wants to be a king when all he wants is to read books??? :cussing:

and I really didn't mind the GM actions at all. for someone in his shoes and at his place, I don't think he can act otherwise.

and Yes, I just don't get why CY can get to 2012 with ES and bring the antidote (and few other stuff) and be back! he did that in ep1 with no problem so why not right now? well, drama world...

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 23rd, '12, 22:15

@Shiofmedea I will come to your points once I read your points/spoiler
as I did not have much time today I just checked raw file and poured my frustration plus some thoughts about
S knowledge
but at this point anything can be spoiler. Full analyze tomorrow evening after subtitled 2-episode maraton too. 8)

Thanks for sharing this info,
I do not undrstand cutting those parts, for S business maybe they did not wanted to spoil surprise (Time cop, Time cop! :lol kidding ) but rest is strange. The scene with him throwing sword was kind of symbolic and rest of conversation did not match with it, now I understand why.

I did not catch NG :unsure: but
I skipped some parts mostly G and this officials meeting connected - it was frustrating enough and switching between plans could be better.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 23rd, '12, 22:27

eh, once you start is difficult to stop. I think DH is the kind of person who just like to play. It is not that he wants to be King so much for me he just want to win game and he is sociopath so he does not have any breaks when coming to interactions with other people.
And for GW -
it is not parliment, he is king and I bet people would be more respectful if he start acting like one. In that era they would rather saw it as sign of weekness then wisdom.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 24th, '12, 00:25

ok, so I just finished ep21 with subs and I have to say that death of JB was very painful to watch even though there was no actual body on the scene. well, they had to kill him off and had no other choice since Lee Philip had to exist the show due to eye injury. but still, it was very sad moment. :cry:
Once again, such a great character totally went to waste. from 1st ep he had one of very interesting characters and I even thought he might be a love rival for CY for ES's heart. unfortunately his scenes was cut short and shorter by each ep till in some eps you would not even see him. maybe it was for the best considering what happened later...I had high hopes for this character :-(

and now the Yuan Official SY. now after reading the script's extra bit, thinking that it could be very true. maybe he is a time traveller like future ES...somehow you can feel that he's not an evil guy.

off to watch ep22. tonight is totally Faith night. ....well, today was totally Faith day as well so... :mrgreen:
next week is going to be make it or break it for me. either I end up totally love this drama or hate it for its ending.

ps, It's been a while since CY used his thunder ki/power. wae??? there were so many opportunities that he could have used it but no! :scratch:

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Oct 24th, '12, 03:38

My little bit here then gone tomorrow morning.

ES cannot stay, because she would change history even more, but CY could go to the future and somehow make it look like he died in some glorious battle. After all, he has already been there. He could open up a martial arts studio, get his hand fixed by modern experts and live happy ever after. Another one would be a pregnant ES goes back to the future but then when the baby is born he could say later in life, that his father is hundreds of years old.

Adios Amigos

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 24th, '12, 07:46

Another one would be a pregnant ES goes back to the future
for that you need some action :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 24th, '12, 10:58

shiofmedea wrote:
Another one would be a pregnant ES goes back to the future
for that you need some action :lol
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I will be back with my thoughts on ep 22 later. I am emotionally drained after yesterday's ep. Was just too much :cry:

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Oct 24th, '12, 13:45

Hello ladies... and guys(?),

I'm here. I'm here! After some coaxing done by Issy.

First of all, I have to admit. I couldnt back read all of ur posts. Too many words, too many lines. I got cross-eyed reading it. You girls sure talk a lot. :P So I'll just skip those and back read when I need it.

Do I have to still mention how much I love this drama despite its major major directing/editing flaws? It's pretty much evident by my twitter posts. And here is my routine. Mon - Wed, filled with emotional tweet regarding current episodes. Then Wed - Thurs, read on recaps and rewatched it with subs. Fri - Sun, stalk Soompi or the internet for any previews. Written, image or video. And all these gets reset every week. It's a crazy (and tiring) fangirl world I tell you!

Faith is not even close to being perfect. Heck, by the standard of its editing, it shouldnt even be called a good production but still why does this drama keeps me wanting more?
Maybe becoz it's the writing. But the writing is not tht mind blowing either. But I would like to say tht it was well written in all its modesty.

Storyline is not an epic one but the relationships in it are fun, nicely and believably build. Be it main characters like CY, ES, GM, NG or heck even the Woodalchis puppies.

Political stuff are logical enough though those endless meetings can be a tiny bit unnecessary. (Yes, I demanded more screen time for my couple) :glare:

Baddies are smart! Not some predictable stupid ones which would make one roll eyes.

OSTs are nice, though I did mention the randomness of modern feel in its song. Even though we are watching a sageuk drama here. I thought a more classic feel ballads would have been more fulfilling. But then again, I just ignore tht 'Carry on, carry on' lyrics when it was being played in Goryeo.

What else? Best part. Our couple.

CY being played by LMH is awesome. He did a good job at tht. Full of expressions. Not some lifeless mannequin acting on screen. I love the fact the tiny details he gave to his CY's character. Made it believable tht he's fallen deeply and helplessly in love with ES. Which was evident by his gestures. Those tiny and mostly discreet gestures are more powerful that a full head on frontal attack kisses. I love you Writer Song-nim! Just too bad PD-nim decided to cut those would have been poignant scenes. :glare:

As for ES played by KHS. I love how KHS puts life into ES character. Her cheerfulness, her believes and even her distrust towards her own feeling was well played. I remember complaining about the lack of love in ES eyes during the early episodes. I was almost frustrated by it even though it was evident tht CY has fallen for her so deeply. I'm glad it turns out it was becoz of ES's character instead of KHS lack of acting skills. She was supposed to play it like tht. Since ES doesnt allow anyone to be close to her heart. Always pushing them away like how she'd explained to JB in the latter episode. From there it made sense and from there I'm glad ES has let go of her restrain and let's her heart to start loving CY to her heart's content.

As for Episode 22,
I have to give props to KHS for giving out a very good performance when she was crying and at the same time trying to explain things to Court Lady Choi. ES was gasping for air while she sobs through her words. If this was another younger actress, I dont think she can played it this well. Loved it.
As for LMH for this episode? Wht more can I say. The man is just full of expressions. Enough said.

Both LMH and KHS left us emotionally drained and dehydrated!

Bring on the finale week! Pray tht it'll all end well. I have high expectation but I've learned from my past mistake from QIHM to not put it TOO HIGH. Good thing Faith is flawed from the very beginning.

So to sum it up. For me, Faith is majorly flawed but annoyingly wonderfully addicting.

p/s: I wish I could have written this post better but Eng is not my first language. I do feel restricted with being unable to truly write down how I feel about this drama. But this is as close as it gets. :-)

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 24th, '12, 15:13

So to sum it up. For me, Faith is majorly flawed but annoyingly wonderfully addicting.
You said it perfectly daryn. Just Perfect.
I am so absorbed in its storyline right now that even biggest flaw doesn't ruin my enjoyment of this drama anymore. I even pretended that I did not hear someone saying "Dul" just before ES did with that 1-2-3 scene. :lol

as I said, ep22 really left me dry emotionally. my heart was broken and I could feel CY and ES pain. The poor guy is desperate to save her in any possible way. even if he has to tie her up and push her through the portal and stay there so she won't come back.

I just wish ES had a little more understanding of what going on in CY mind. I find it cruel to ask CY watch her dying in front of him. he has gone through this before, once is not enough? why you want to torture him again like this? you know very well, he might not recover from it at all! she is so worried about him after her death but decides to stay and die. surely separation is much more bearable than knowing your beloved is gone for ever. it would be hard for both of them to be separated from each other but atleast both alive...(well, don't know if CY still be considered alive or dead if ES goes back to 2012. him being an historical figure from long time ago :scratch: )

and MinHot expression in this ep seriously killed me. not to forget ES.

aaah! this drama is going to be the end of me. I should have weighted myself three months ago to see if I have lost some weight because of Faith ....(well, knowing me who eats when she's sad and depressed ...I bet I have put on some kilos too :-( )

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Oct 24th, '12, 15:44

Since we're talking about flaws here. Did anyone notice the camera track when they shot the CY sprint to meet ES scene?
:P

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 24th, '12, 15:49

Oh yeah, that was spotted on the day. it's pretty embaressing edit. I just feel so bad for actors to have their hard work to be taken this lightly!

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Oct 24th, '12, 15:56

And to think this careless editing has end up effecting Writer Song (tht wrote the awesome Story Of A Man) drama.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 24th, '12, 16:02

darynrose wrote:And to think this careless editing has end up effecting Writer Song (tht wrote the awesome Story Of A Man) drama.
she has also written the perfect What's Up drama. 8)

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Oct 25th, '12, 14:27

Though after watching Faith Ep 22 with subs I've finally understand why Eun Soo decided to stay despite there is a huge chance she might not survive the fortnight. But I'm still siding with Choi Young. I'm like Young, I rather have Eun Soo living in 2012, alive and healthy than dying in his arms. If tht were to happen, I believe though separated through time, Young will live his life to the fullest like how Eun Soo has live her life. He will not live like a dead person like when he lost Mae Hee. I think tht will happen again and even worse if Eun Soo is to die in his arms.

I just hope Young can knock some sense into Eun Soo. Letting her realise tht she has forgotten the exact same thing tht Eun Soo has taught Young about living. Okay, I'll go blame tht flying tick poison tht may have been effecting Eun Soo's thought process. Personally I think it would be out of character if Young agrees to let Eun Soo riskily stay in Goryeo without a fierce argument. Even though it has been countless time where Young always end up getting the lower end when arguing with Eun Soo, I hope this time it'll be the opposite. I hope I dont see Daejang biting his lips at the end coz this time if he loses his argument, he'll be staking Eun Soo's life.

I admit, I'm nervously waiting to see how Writer Song end this drama. Half of the time I find Writer Song writing to be wonderfully unpredictable. I hope tht even if I'm proven wrong with my interpretation of the drama, this will end awesomely (dangerous word here. I might end up being bitter again. Sigh). Either way, separation or being together. In life or death. Happy ending or sad ending. I can take it. Just as long as the execution is nicely and believably done.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 25th, '12, 19:09

Goguryeo lands SY said so question is how to interpret it and my historical knowledge is lacking here. Were the part of those lands in drama time ocupated terytory of Yuan? If so no need to interpret it as more as wistful thinking of previous 3 kindoms lands be as one and time traveler-the-second theory is no needed, The watch could come from the person who were in contact with loop-one-Doc. The same who made this warning. Which can lead to theory that 1. somebody come with her but they split and he did not approve of mendling with history or 2. the watch is the loop-one-her (if she made multi travels he could go through in-between times as watch do not fit 2012 or drama time or Hwata time). Warning about CY fit both as is apparent that in Yuan there is knowledge about loop-one-her stored, more detailed then what SY told to Doc during the meeting. Evil Duo involvement not surprise here. Or he is really time cop organized or self appointed and in this case I give up! anyway to throw in another time traverer at this point of story, 2 episodes to the end is a bit risky.
my solution to this mess: knock CY out and push him through vortex. I do not know who would have balls to do it but guy will be virtually no use if this trauma efect on fighting skills will continue. So why not? If the king could ones do something descent for his loyal general he could add small note with explanation that it is his order as he wants to be independent and everybody would be happy.
On G behalf - yeh, good to be the king, you are never one who pays the price (well, except French Revolution :P )
And I want good explanation for:
1. time travels and knowledge thrown around
2. third item
in fact third item is driving me crazy more that romanse destiny and CY end at this point, sorry :sweat:

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 25th, '12, 21:44

I have stopped thinking about loops and vortexes now. I'll wait and se how they going to end this time travel story.
with SY, I found it odd that he warns CY about his life if he stays with ES and at the same time he knows that KC/HD want to harm him. so his warning may not be because he knows something from future but simple warning as he sees it and as he really wants to see ES dead and he thinks CY is always infront protecting her, so he just using her as an excuse

on the other hand, SY seems to know very well how to use that pocket watch. It would be interesting if he IS really another time traveller from future. specially that he said he was from or served in Goguryeo. so how on earth he would be from that time if he is not a time traveller himself?

as for ES, I think it's obvious why she does not want to return to 2012. she's truly in love now and can't imagine her life without CY anymore. that's why all her life that was so important to her just some months ago and wanted to go back so badly, it does not matter for her anymore. but still, even with those teary puppy and begging eyes explaining exactly to CY why she doesn't want to go back in ep22, does not make agree with her point. I still see it as a selfish act. I just can't see this is an act for CY well being.
her argument just does not add up. she asks about how bad CY felt after MH's death then she choses to die infront of him just not suffer all those lonely nights that he's no longer with her? but let him suffer even more??? :scratch:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 25th, '12, 22:19

what can I say, strong point of this drama is acting and emotion not logic. Not with ignoring the simplest solutions.
On the other hand, I do not know, if I saw chances like 50/50 that I can make this antidote.. Problem she is not thinking positive, she is preparing him for her death which is adding to torture. I do not agree with this kind of logic. Two possible choices: you see death is more probable and stop acting selfish and spare CY next my-love-died-on-my-watch episode (or at least let him decide) or you belive in your ability and chances and then spare him death-talk confidently saying that second try will be sucess. The way she talks I would already booked grave place and flovers. So well, heart breaking but I started to throw daggers after I put my wits together.

S warning do not sound for me like just logical conclusion but he is skilled manipulator so he could just trying to make him reconsider staying by her side or just judge reaction? What is strange here is that from Yuan point of wiev CY death is positive event so why try to prevent it? S said already thay CY is clav without which G could be tamed and curent status maintained. And ES is in his eyes as good as dead now.

only 4 more days and everything will be clear. I expect epic battle between 3 force users (there must be one more show of CY power, I hope there is budget left) combined with vortex explosion? so she can't go back to CY directly as logic says .. For sure they met DH (tools!)
There is no suggestion of season2? :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 28th, '12, 09:46

Just read these two great posts by joonni at her blog and totally made my day. So here there are to ease up the pain of waiting for the end of this 3 months journey with all highs and lots.

Preparing for ending of "Faith"

Do watch that "You Drive Me Crazy" mv if you want to feel less anxious

"Faith" and its flaws

I have to say that I do agree with every single word is written above. It's pretty much most of what we ranted about in past few weeks and some more. It shows that a drama doesn't need to be perfect to love it. [/list][/list]

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 30th, '12, 12:58

here we are! last week of Faith. :cry:
writing while waiting for last ep live streaming (yes, I am this crazy about Faith!!!)
ep23,
I loved ep23 with subs much more than I was watching it raws. I am just annoyed why there was no sign of DH in the whole ep. so does it mean he ran away leaving all the mess behind him and without being punished at all? :crazy: I really hope they show him in last ep and gets what he deserves.
I just loved the storyline about treating poison by poison. it was very clever and its scenes were just emotional. I seriously cried when I was watching them. :cry: LMH and KHS did great job in there and very so convincing! I just ship this OTP so much now.
as for KC, I just can't hate the guy! I have hated DH with passion but can't with KC. he's always such a entrainer.
and they killed DolBae :cry: :cry: :cry: he's so dead. I already know it. he was all over ep23 and they never show a side character these much is nothing bad going to happen to him..
off to watch last ep. let's hope for great ending. I don't mind sad or happy ending as long as they end it perfectly.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Oct 30th, '12, 14:29

OMG! I cant believe I was right all along. Me happy fangirl.
CY knew ES will keep trying to get back to him. Tht's why he kept waiting at the gate.
Hottie daejang with stumble is HOT! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Faith officially goes into my all time fav dramas. Annoyingly flawed but addictingly wonderful!

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 30th, '12, 15:14

darynrose wrote:OMG! I cant believe I was right all along. Me happy fangirl.
CY knew ES will keep trying to get back to him. Tht's why he kept waiting at the gate.
Hottie daejang with stumble is HOT! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Faith officially goes into my all time fav dramas. Annoyingly flawed but addictingly wonderful!
because she did not promise him when he asked her not try to come back to past and look for him in ep23 :P so he knew he could not win this argument with her anyway. like all other arguments...
and same here! with all its major flaws and let downs, bad directing,bad editing, crap fighting scenes... still managed to be in my all time favourite dramas. now, shall I be saving some money for DC DVDs of Faith? :whistling:
Last edited by Issy on Oct 30th, '12, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Oct 30th, '12, 15:19

Yup, I know!

Writer Song had been leaving clues all along but the 3rd relic totally threw everyone off. Ahahaha.... She's brilliant!

Scottishlass

Post by Scottishlass » Oct 30th, '12, 15:52

Anyone know when subs are ready for download other than here http://asiadramasub.r.gd/faith/ as I get a DNS Error with this page :(

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 30th, '12, 16:18

You know what? I am thinking that maybe us made such a big deal about 3rd relic. maybe they were not important to begin with but we kept thinking it has something to do with over all story.

ep24, I really liked the ending. just finished watching raws and it makes perfect sense to me. but can't deny the fact that ep24 was not a perfect ep at all.
it had lots of flash backs and really crappy fighting scenes. you could tell that cast are so tired and have no more energy to act. the whole KC v CY fighting in the palace infront of the King and woodalchis was bad. specially the way DB died. they were just standing there looking and not doing anything. they could have done with more resistant there to look more realistic.
time travel story was explained properly and I was confused on how CY survived but after watching the raw, I could see that he was saved by ES but could not move. and the last scene, was just perfect for me. they finally found each other after wondering through years and still had Faith that they will see each other. just prefect!
and LMH, this noona is your fan for good now. you just killed me with your deep expressions and your eyes. you still need to work hard on your acting, but I see a great deal of improvement after each one of your dramas. never watched BOF, but liked you in City Hunter and made me go and watch Personal Taste after that. I could see that you are learning. and the fact that you are damn HOT GORGEOUS is just the cherry on the cake. :-P

so glad that his fame and his look has not gone into his head like some other guys in his generation :whistling:

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Oct 30th, '12, 16:27

Issy wrote:You know what? I am thinking that maybe us made such a big deal about 3rd relic. maybe they were not important to begin with but we kept thinking it has something to do with over all story.
Exactly why I said Writer Song is brilliant. She's such an evil person! I love her!!

ep24, I really liked the ending. just finished watching raws and it makes perfect sense to me. but can't deny the fact that ep24 was not a perfect ep at all.
Me too. It's bittersweet. We knew all along production isnt exactly in our fav list. I think they would have done better if they had more time. Live shooting SUCKS!

This nuna will be keeping LMH in view from now on as well. :D

gibrille

Post by gibrille » Oct 30th, '12, 20:12

Scottishlass wrote:Anyone know when subs are ready for download other than here http://asiadramasub.r.gd/faith/ as I get a DNS Error with this page :(

here

https://www.box.com/s/z6sw17so84c83dcjdh9k

http://asiadramasub.com/

Scottishlass

Post by Scottishlass » Oct 30th, '12, 20:30

Thank you gibrille!!!!

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 30th, '12, 21:43

Back from trip and on quick comments before I will watch with subtitles
my business laptop do not allow me a lot of things so I was cut off from Faith, how cruel!Only checked recaps and I had big smile half a day after reading about ending. And I guess I will buy it this time, i am big fan of quality, I want sharp and clear CY on my big tv :lol

I was going to comment but power of Faith is great and we have already subtitles! Icredible!

BTW
Writer Song had been leaving clues all along but the 3rd relic totally threw everyone off
how nobody guessed 3rd item? -
I said camera! or phone! 8)
After 23
Well, mouth - moth method give results all the time :lol
for poison thing I always thought that it works other way, I mean you start with small doses of poison to make yourself imune (not sure if it works for every kind, I suppose not depending on how potent it is and what it reacts with), well vaxine is simmilar in this way. Do it really work after and with another poison?
Aspirine make sense but effect is too intense, he should be used to aspirine but let's say it was this lat push needed to break feather.

MinHo gained my admiration for this performance, he made long way from so hated by me BBF that I am willing forget him that role :lol (he would not be here if not BBF probably so I am in charity mood :D ). He may be not great actor but match this one perfectly and gave it his all and you need to acknowledge and appreciate it. .. I made myself snapshot with bow and arrow and now have new wallpaper to lift up my mood at work.
Last edited by shiofmedea on Oct 30th, '12, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 30th, '12, 22:46

shiofmedea wrote:BTW
Writer Song had been leaving clues all along but the 3rd relic totally threw everyone off
how nobody guessed 3rd item? -
I said camera! or phone! 8)
well, none of above. even if it was a big pink elephant, it did not really matter to the story. we have been chasing a wild goose (intentionally or not by writer Song) since we found out about relics. :whistling:

ps, I wondered what happened to you :mrgreen:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 30th, '12, 23:10

what can I say we work to have money for our hobbies :lol And they are not cheap :-(

I keep feeding this entrace in time with watching last episode to capture my reactions:
They killed my third favorite woodalchi! I protest :cussing:
and I liked evil duo, flute guy is so decorative and fire girl was psychopath but I liked her interactions with others, so no lady like, he matched everybody and enjoyed all of it so apparently. Generaly womans in this drama are so strong I liked it. But I was expecting mor spectacular duels. I am disappointed in this area. No fire in this fight between CY and Sound Master, Grim determination on CY side is more or less ok but still nothing special here.
Projector, which is close enough to camera as images is what is efect, ha! :P but I am in happy mode so I will not argue :lol And model please, I want this one, with producer of power source as well. any of mine is not lasting so long.
Ii is painful that I agree with Court prince on his little speach to CY when he describe G as politician and his relations with CY. My thoughts exactly and why I could never really like G. He is loyal to his position first not to people (or should we say to all abstract people but CY to some level). To lay one person on altar for greatest good never really agreed with me. This one person is everybody too. You start with one, then two, ten, hundred and we have mass murder under some great and sacre name. Hmm... I probably would do the same but I do not call myself good person :whistling: Anyway I had already the same thought but I like CY too much to wish him such position!

G had
to anjoy me at the end, just had to! He practicly guilt-triped him to come back, for greatest good I bet! Uh :cussing:
Last edited by shiofmedea on Oct 31st, '12, 00:56, edited 2 times in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 31st, '12, 00:31

shiofmedea wrote:Ii is painful that I agree with Court prince on his little speach to CY when he describe G as politician and his relations with CY. My thoughts exactly and why I could never really like G. He is loyal to his position first not to people (or should we say to all abstract people but CY to some level). To lay one person on altar for greatest good never really agreed with me. This one person is everybody too. You start with one, then two, ten, hundred and we have mass murder under some great and sacre name. Hmm... I probably would do the same but I do not call myself good person :whistling: Anyway I had already the same thought but I like CY too much to wish him such position!
Well, KC always says little gem speeches like this one. I do agree with him here of course. but at the end of the day, aren't all Kings like this? GM is no different in being loyal to his position as a king. They always end up sacrificing their loyal subjects for sake of their crown. The only difference is that GM taking the initiatives to do the best for his people. and this still way better than just to think of his position as a king. people like CY can never be Kings.

and I really liked when CY said "There is nothing wrong with his hand, It's just the sword that is heavy"

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 31st, '12, 01:08

I finished..

Two youngest are so adorable pulling ranks and having fun with it!
I am happy person here, time loop at the end went well and as much logical as it could, third item was just to keep us wander but ment nothing except some sentimental value (evil, pure evil, I expected it to be useful for something)... and happy ending which to be honest I did not expected.
Putting aside all shortcommings of drama itself I must say it was long time I let myself to be so involved. Faith, thank you, it was fun. And of course foremost thank you LMH!

Going back to G, yes, all are but it hit you more when person who suppose to be positive one do this. Logic says there is no other way (and I always agree with logic) but still it's not something to be approved of. And when CY see it and agree with it,.. well I could never would be loyal subject, I can't understand how can you allow sb to treat you like that, selfish person as I am. Which lead me to be angry on CY as I do not like characters I like to be mistreated :cussing: and stupidly noble :cussing: .

Text was good but beginig of fight painfull to watch :cry:
And this facial hair in final scene, I know he was supposed to wait 4 days or something (well not as she just went out) but it just look strange. :unsure: Made me refocus on them not on reunion itself. but lack of hag or kiss work for me

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 31st, '12, 01:54

shiofmedea wrote:
And this facial hair in final scene, I know he was supposed to wait 4 days or something (well not as she just went out) but it just look strange. :unsure: Made me refocus on them not on reunion itself. but lack of hag or kiss work for me
I don't think that CY's stumble was to show he's being there for 4 days (as they said he left for that tree meaning today) but to show that he's older and to be honest, I thought it was juts TOO HOOOOT!!! out of all Korean actors, I thought of LMH (and some other guys like my dear LJH) be the last one to be able to carry out facial hair properly. now I know I am wrong. I so want to see him in another sageuk now.
:wub: :wub: :wub:
I am finished too. and a happy person for sure. I thought all romance and romantic gestures were just appropriate and perfect for our OTP.
Last edited by Issy on Oct 31st, '12, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Oct 31st, '12, 10:18

Issy, tht spoiler pic... *thuds* :wub: :wub: :wub:

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 31st, '12, 10:59

darynrose wrote:Issy, tht spoiler pic... *thuds* :wub: :wub: :wub:
I know!!! Totally :wub: :heart: :faint: :heart: :wub:

:mrgreen:

Ps. You never think he's 10 years younger than KHS specially in last few eps with shorter hair. So glad he looks mature (even if it's infront of camera only :P ) and old to carry a character like CY.
And I just realised that I have turned into proper Minoz. Oh dear me :sweat:
Faith, what have you done to me???

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 31st, '12, 16:32

And I just realised that I have turned into proper Minoz. Oh dear me
I guess lots more fans for LMH :lol Me too :pale:

Still prefer him without those additional hair (but for me is standard for all man in general)

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 31st, '12, 17:16

shiofmedea wrote:
And I just realised that I have turned into proper Minoz. Oh dear me
I guess lots more fans for LMH :lol Me too :pale:

Still prefer him without those additional hair (but for me is standard for all man in general)
well, he can have some more "older" (plz, don't be offended by "older" ..) fans fangirling about him. he must be tired by constant hearing oppa, oppa word by now. :P

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 31st, '12, 17:39

well, he can have some more "older" (plz, don't be offended by "older" ..) fans fangirling about him. he must be tired by constant hearing oppa, oppa word by now
not offended 8)
sure, everybady should be happy, statisticly speaking only about 15% population can use oppa.. it's not impressive fan base! :P

teemu8

Post by teemu8 » Oct 31st, '12, 20:30

finished watchind this drama.
its a good drama but i cant stand the lead female actress. she is so boring , better without her IMO.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 31st, '12, 22:57

has anyone noticed that Faith is also about strong women? from ES to NG to auntie Choi and even The Fire lady and Suribang lady. They all are strong, independent women that think for themselves, make proper decisions when it's needed and no man can stand in front of them or even win an argument. 8)

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 1st, '12, 12:13

It''s me again! I read this article this morning and I could not sit still until I get my rant out.
Now bearing in my mind that I am not intending to get my claws out at everyone who critise Faith and I am just writing how I feel and what are my points of views. So here I go.
My comments will be in dark red.

'Faith' ends with much regrets despite popularity among fans

작성자: Korea Star Daily | Kpop Fighting – 7시간 전SBS TV drama 'Faith' led by Lee Min Ho and Kim Hee Sun ended its 24 episode run on October 30th with a happy ending for the couple. The romance between a Goryeo warrior and a modern doctor that transcended time and space was the highlight of the entire drama from start till finish.Although 'Faith' was much loved by fans, there were some regrets at the end. The final episode pulled in only 1.2% higher than the penultimate episode on Monday, ending with 10.1%. There was also not much difference from the single digit ratings that it had gotten in previous episodes. Despite boasting the likes of big-name actress Kim Hee Sun who was making her first drama comeback in 6 years, and being paired together with rising Hallyu star actor Lee Min Ho, it failed to spark television ratings as anticipated. The pairing of director Kim Jong Hak and screenwriter Song Ji Na who both produced stellar dramas together in the past like 'Eyes of Dawn', 'Sandglass', and 'The Legend', failed to provide the spark this time, and left many viewers disappointed with the execution of the overall drama.

The first mistake that 'Faith' made was adopting the time travel concept a tad late, and causing viewers to lose interest from the beginning. Viewers had already viewed time travel dramas like 'Rooftop Prince' and 'Dr. Jin' just earlier this year, and thus 'Faith' felt like a recycled drama to them when it aired. Similarly, the stories for 'Faith' and 'Dr. Jin' revolved around a doctor crossing the time conundrum back into the past, and experiencing the same dilemma of meddling with events that might affect history.

Now this really goes to bad luck than anything else. Faith was the first time travel drama in this genre to be decided on. Way before Dr Jin, Rooftop Prince and Queen Inhyun's Man. But due to unfortunate circumstance it had to stop! It's trailer was out even you see any hints and scenes from other dramas. But it stopped, changed actors, storyline....while others went on air and established their ground and their fanbase. What's is done is done and you could not change it in anyway. It's so sad when Faith is thought as a "another" time travel drama when it was the first in its genre.

The romance between Lee Min Ho and Kim Hee Sun also seemed to lack a special something that we usually associate with on-screen couples. Despite being one of the more good looking couples on television in recent times, the gap between two people from different worlds were seemingly too great and failed to keep viewers drawn in to their romance as it seemed impractical. But some viewers remarked that such time travel romances would naturally appear to be more sad and mushy. But compared to the romance experienced by Yoochun and Han Ji Min through 'Rooftop Prince' which aired in May this year, the romance element in 'Faith' lacked a special something.In addition, the over the top fantasy element settings also put off some viewers.

I have to admit that at first I was not so convinced by our OTP. They looked cute together (in my yes they did) but ES character was bothering me. I just couldn't feel any attachment to her character. I wanted her to show more and I even blamed her husband for "not giving her all emotions and being stingy" . Was it because how her character suppose to be? I like to think so because deep down I cared more for CY than ES and I could see all love and emotions in his eyes and I could see ES indifferent face staring at him.
But have to agree that their love came into full bloom much later than above mentioned drama. That's why viewers lost interest in them as a couple. And once you loose an interest in a couple and they fail to attract your attention, you can never go back midway and see the sparks and chemistry between them again. You lose interest for good. I have seen it with my self. I lost interest in RTP couple and as the result, I never enjoyed it and finally dropped it near its end.
It depends on how you connect with your characters and for what reasons you are watching the drama. Now, if you are watching it for sake of an actor/actress you tend to invest more patience in their characters. It's some how goes back to your biase too. How many times you have sat through an entire drama that you thouhgt is total waste of time because your biase was in there? My point is when you stop caring about a character , it's hard to pick up that interest. Because Faith OTP were late in showing their love and devotion to each other and only happenend on big scale near the end, it was already too late to grab viewers attention and only ones who continued with them were able to appreciate it.
Another reason is the pairing of LMH and KHS. No matter how you think they look great together, there still 10 years age gap is between them. And to make the matter worse, KHS is married and has a child. In general, viewers like to fantasize about their beloved couple on and off screen. It's inevitable and happens with most of viewers. Me personally only love my couple in their characters on screen and have no interest as them as a real couple off screen. It's their private lives and it has nothing to do with any of us.BUT, I have read so many posts on so many threads on how delusional some fangirls can get about their lmuch loved couple off the screen. So here goes another reason forward some viewrs to not be interested in on screen couple. Old netizens see it just wrong for young MinHot to romance a married women on screen and young ones just see it waste of his gorgeous look. Overall results are still the same.
So why people could not connect to couple? Iit's writer's Song fault. I love their gradual falling in love with each other but not everyone can wait for it. I do also have to blame it slightly on KHS. But this is my personal feelings. She was not there with her full emotions. She gave you mixed feelings even if it was intentional and in her character. So many of her expressions were not right on point. Like that training scenes. For me3, she murdered that beautiful scene. She meant to have confused with mixed feeling kind of face but instead she gave us scared for her life face as if she was really grabbed by a murderer just before gets killed....sigh

In addition, the over the top fantasy element settings also put off some viewers. The adoption of slow-mo filming techniques and the use of computer graphics in post-production did not add value to the drama but instead hindered viewers' understanding of the entire story flow. Characters that possessed skills like freeze, sonic waves, and fire never found favors among viewers.But it must be said that the acting ability of Kim Hee Sun was particularly good and left a deep impression on viewers. Although television ratings for the entire drama were considered to be in the low region, but there was still a loyal set of viewers that stayed throughout, so 'Faith' can still be considered to be somewhat a success

I can't argue with this. I found those slow-mo scenes very cliche too. They could have done without it.just like they could have done with much better directing, editing....it's such a shame.
As for it's super powers , well this is "Fantasy" fusion sageuk. It's not your accurate historical drama. It's a time travel drama for God''s sake. What else you want to watch if you don't want to see characters with super power flying around ???

Fantasy drama is not really netizens cop of tea drama. It takes certain age and certain taste to appreciate and like these kind of dramas. And when the writer becomes stingy with their time travel mystery hints and explanation and leave it all for last ep, it just gets too confusing for some and they stop caring eventually. We have to remember that we are watching it more than once and start noticing the hints given but on national tv, you only see it once.

The problem is, people have started this drama with different expectations. Some for it's action, some for its romance, some for its sageuk theme and some for great cinematography (as seen in its original trailer in 2010 ) and some for all those included. But as Faith could not deliver all in best way possible, they hated it, dropped it and were unsatisfied. But it does not say that Faith is a failure. For me it was not. I can see all its flaws and short comings but all at the same time, I can put my hand on my heart and say that I truly enjoyed it. And will do over and over again whenever I 're-watch it. Thank goodness for different taste in people !

Sorry for super long rant
Last edited by Issy on Nov 1st, '12, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '12, 12:26

Issy wrote:In addition, the over the top fantasy element settings also put off some viewers.
So viewers won't be pleased with The Great Seer too, I guess, since we have in-yang magic there. Stupid netizens.

Anyway, I don't find it right to elevate our beloved drama by lowering another and vice versa. Netizens just love comparing, but they tend to forget that even the same storyline can be presented in totally different ways depending on directors, writers and actors. One drama has this, another has that. One has its own fanbase, and so does the another. Why dumb netizens compare such things??

Thanks Issy for your input^^ And I agree, glad we have different preferences, tastes and perspectives.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 1st, '12, 19:15

what is it with reasking about login and earasing all my hard work? :cussing:

I do not have energy to rewrite everything.. but to point some I found confusing:

Doc age - one of the most logical things in the story. Netizens expexted 25 years old experiences surgeon? who changed specialization? Looked mature enough to be respected? Be mature enough to fit the story? Maybe somebody tak pleasure in watching sweet girl making big sad eyes on CY through 24 episodes but I have better things to do with my time, really! And my respect for people with such complains went down to not existing level. Btw they use this older woman-younger guy plot alot lately so complain now? And MH looks mature enough as Issy mentioned alreday to not make it unbelivable.
Time travel overuse? It is hundreds years old plot. And I dare say in addition to bad luck in timing mentioned by Issy, from all dramas in last two years Faith is compared with, here this plot is the most complicated and mature together with QIHM (which make my day with its "phone me out" solution - so StarTrak and late StarGate- and shameless messing with changing events consequences) and only one I was able to watch to the end and without fastforward.
Lack of spark in romance? - I am very hard to be moved by chracters and have sarcastic approach but I spent every Monday, Tuesday and Wedesday on my laptop abusing my nails so I think spark is here, you just needed to be more patient then usually and do not expect this standard oppa - screeming sesions. I ranted along about Doc but slight improvement with acting on her side at the begining with some interactions and there will be nothing to complain about.

Still agree on most technical remarks (and we pointed them all already) and I have the feeling they compromised on plot complication and time travel hints to bring wider range of viewers (if so it backfired) but still one of most enjoyable experiences with kdrama watching I had.

That I ended as LMH fan I see as additional bonus here. I look forward to his future projects, guy improved a lot (and I will officialy from today ignore that he started with this BBF disaster) and made this story for me in large part.

Well, It seems they made story for not tv chanel users? funny.. :lol